Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   texas vs byu (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101830)

ATXtexanfan 09-07-2013 11:36 PM

texas vs byu

byu 550 yds rushing. Wtf. Thats just stupid.

Playoffs 09-07-2013 11:37 PM

Re: texas vs byu

Texas should consider hiring a coach/recruiter.

TEXANRED 09-07-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2203824)

This will be Brown's last year.

ATXtexanfan 09-07-2013 11:43 PM

UT is a mess. Such a shame. Time for mack to go. Hes done great things but hes done. Its over. All there is to it

ATXtexanfan 09-07-2013 11:47 PM

550 yds rushing against. I cant get over it. At what point do.you step in say 5-2 or 4-4 front. At what point do you send diaz to the locker room. Tonight was stupid. 550 yds rushing against. Lol

76Texan 09-08-2013 12:11 AM

Wait a minute, isn't BYU supposed to be a passing team?

WTF? LOL

ObsiWan 09-08-2013 01:50 AM

Wonder if the U-T football msg board server has crashed yet...?
:peek:

thunderkyss 09-08-2013 06:29 AM

I had to work yesterday, didn't hear about this until this morning..... WTF??

Not a WTF they got beat, but WTF were they doing ranked 15? Could no one see this coming?

steelbtexan 09-08-2013 09:12 AM

Disgusting

It's time to move on Mack. Thanks for the meories.

I cant believe how much UT misses Muschamp. Diaz incompetence knows no bounds.

EllisUnit 09-08-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2203824)

Texas has adopted that grandfather system, "oh your brother, or someone is you family was good, so you must be good too"

And it hasnt workied out, the talent level of UT has been on a major decline for a while, their days of dominance are way over.

IDEXAN 09-08-2013 09:58 AM

Bye, bye Mack. And same goes for the AD Dobbs, time to go fellas. You've wrecked the Big 12, now apparently Mack has also wrecked UT football. Bye, bye.

steelbtexan 09-08-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDEXAN (Post 2203881)
Bye, bye Mack. And same goes for the AD Dobbs, time to go fellas. You've wrecked the Big 12, now apparently Mack has also wrecked UT football. Bye, bye.

Dodds is getting a million $$$$ annuity after this yr. So I'm sure he will be retiring. Mack hoped to step into the AD job. That's not going to happen.

It's sad that a track coach (Dodds) was allowed to run a great athletic dept into the ground. If you think the football program is in bad shape, check out what Barnes is doing with the Basketball program.

UT would've been better off just giving Dodds his $$$$ 4-5 yrs ago. I wouldn't want to be the next AD at UT, and have to clean up the huge mess that Dodds created. He did make UT alot of $$$$$ during his tenure though.

Playoffs 09-08-2013 10:12 AM

Agree, Dodds is the core of the problem. If they could get rid of him that would be sweet.

IDEXAN 09-08-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelbtexan (Post 2203884)
Dodds is getting a million $$$$ annuity after this yr. So I'm sure he will be retiring. Mack hoped to step into the AD job. That's not going to happen.

It's sad that a track coach (Dodds) was allowed to run a great athletic dept into the ground. If you think the football program is in bad shape, check out what Barnes is doing with the Basketball program.

UT would've been better off just giving Dodds his $$$$ 4-5 yrs ago. I wouldn't want to be the next AD at UT, and have to clean up the huge mess that Dodds created. He did make UT alot of $$$$$ during his tenure though.

Dobbs was a tremendous quartermiler in college at K-State and went on to be his alma maters head track coach and then several years as the AD there. So what does his background as a track guy got to do with his performance later on as the AD at 2 major universities including UT ?

BullNation4Life 09-08-2013 11:32 AM

Johnny Manziel

RG3

Jameis Winston...

What do they all have in common?

Not good enough to play QB for Mac Brown...

2 of those QBs won a Heisman Trophy....

Mac Brown should have been gone 5 years ago....

Tailgate 09-08-2013 12:04 PM

I still cant believe what I saw last night. Manny will be fired on Monday, and Mack is a dead man walking.

Charlie Strong, David Shaw, or Art Briles all up fo discussion as the next head coach at Texas.

steelbtexan 09-08-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDEXAN (Post 2203898)
Dobbs was a tremendous quartermiler in college at K-State and went on to be his alma maters head track coach and then several years as the AD there. So what does his background as a track guy got to do with his performance later on as the AD at 2 major universities including UT ?

Really, you're ok with a guy in a 2nd tier sport at a 2nd tier school running what should be THE preeminent sports power in the NCAA into the ground? (I know he's made UT alot of $$$$)

The only reason Doods became AD was because he was in the NCAA enforcement division during the late 70's early 80's. Why do you think SMU got the death penalty and UT got off scot free? UT was just as dirty as SMU and this comes from a long time Longhorn fan.

Other than that Dodds had no business running a prestigous program such as the Longhorns. Since you asked the question, tell me what were Dodds qualifications at the time he was hired?

K-State is a major university? We have a different definition of what a major university AD is, obviously.

Showtime100 09-08-2013 12:34 PM

I don't care if Dodds came from Mount Olympus, as a UH fan I'll be glad to see him gone.

GlassHalfFull 09-08-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Showtime100 (Post 2203957)
I don't care if Dodds came from Mount Olympus, as a UH fan I'll be glad to see him gone.

I love Doss and Mack. They need to stay forever. :cowboy1:

FirstTexansFan 09-08-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glasshalffull (Post 2203975)
i love doss and mack. They need to stay forever. :cowboy1:

rofl! Msr :)