Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   What do you think the odds are ... (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101694)

Corrosion 08-29-2013 06:39 PM

What do you think the odds are ...

What do you think the odds are ... that one of Brandon Williams , Trevardo Williams or Sam Montgomery falls off the trainers table and ends up on IR between now & the cut to 53.

I just cant see all three making the final roster and not contributing .... that's too much dead weight.

Don't think any of the above gets cut outright , but something has to give with that trio.

Brandon420tx 08-29-2013 06:39 PM

Re: What do you think the odds are ...

Probably better odds than me saving money by switching to Geico

DX-TEX 08-29-2013 06:44 PM

Same odd as us drafting Derek Carr this year.

EllisUnit 08-29-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DX-TEX (Post 2199585)
Same odd as us drafting Derek Carr this year.

Thank god we arent the long horns since he's coming out now.....

Playoffs 08-29-2013 06:53 PM

1000%

76Texan 08-29-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2199581)
What do you think the odds are ... that one of Brandon Williams , Trevardo Williams or Sam Montgomery falls off the trainers table and ends up on IR between now & the cut to 53.

I just cant see all three making the final roster and not contributing .... that's too much dead weight.

Don't think any of the above gets cut outright , but something has to give with that trio.

As good as the odds that Myers will be messing up on players' name and Tillman saying something weird! :lol:

Corrosion 08-31-2013 08:41 PM

[quote]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2200801)
Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26

Quote:

Placed WR Alan Bonner, OT Brennan Williams & OLB Trevardo Williams on IR.

Two of the three go to IR along with Bonner & Lemon , I expected at least one of Williams , Montgomery , Williams to get a "medical redshirt"

Glad they did this allowing players who earned their roster spots to stick rather than giving positions to players just because of draft status.

CloakNNNdagger 08-31-2013 09:56 PM

[quote=Corrosion;2200938]
Quote:

Two of the three go to IR along with Bonner & Lemon , I expected at least one of Williams , Montgomery , Williams to get a "medical redshirt"

Glad they did this allowing players who earned their roster spots to stick rather than giving positions to players just because of draft status.

Montgomery was just plain slow to "get it" in the offseason..........then just plain slow in the preseason...............he's just being consistent by being slow to fall off of the trainer's table.........but I have confidence in him making it there eventually.............:kitten:

DocBar 08-31-2013 10:02 PM

[quote=CloakNNNdagger;2200967]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2200938)

Montgomery was just plain slow to "get it" in the offseason..........then just plain slow in the preseason...............he's just being consistent by being slow to fall off of the trainer's table.........but I have confidence in him making it there eventually.............:kitten:

And the Truth shall set you free!!! MSR.

I liked the Montgomery pick, but dayum. Start by at least imitating a professional football player. College rep gets you drafted not retained.

b0ng 09-01-2013 01:15 AM

I'm really hoping that we don't get fined by the league for some fairly obvious abuse of IR.