Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Texans first cuts (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101649)

JCTexan 08-26-2013 07:06 PM

Texans first cuts
 
Texans have cut RB Ray Graham, QB Stephen McGee, LB Elliot Coffey, FB Zach Boren, OG Bryan Collins, OT Nick Mondek, DE Earl Okine, CB Travis Howard, P Andrew Shapiro, LB Ja'Gared Davis, and TE Adam Schiltz.

Link

Texn4life 08-26-2013 07:13 PM

Re: Texans first cuts
 
Oh no! Not Shapiro!!!!

phantom17 08-26-2013 07:42 PM

Re: Texans first cuts
 
Damn! They cut Shapiro! Hope nobody pick him up!

Thorn 08-26-2013 07:54 PM

Re: Texans first cuts
 
Why would we need two punters?

Texn4life 08-26-2013 07:56 PM

Re: Texans first cuts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2198465)
Why would we need two punters?

My post was sarcasm because of all the hype he got. He got off a terrible yesterday. I am surprised he wasn't kept around to punt Thursday though and let Shane rest. Guess Kubiak wants to give him a chance at a job.

phantom17 08-26-2013 07:57 PM

Re: Texans first cuts
 
At least stash him for the future, in IR.

TejasTom 08-26-2013 08:00 PM

Re: Texans first cuts
 
At least no WTFs.

Would've been a good story if Coffey made it.

potisyourfriend 08-26-2013 08:07 PM

Re: Texans first cuts
 
Ed Reed should've made the list. Seriously, why did they sign this old man? I know they won't cut a signed player with that contract but gees they could've got a legit #2 WR opposite AJ.

rmartin65 08-26-2013 08:12 PM

Re: Texans first cuts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by potisyourfriend (Post 2198478)
Ed Reed should've made the list. Seriously, why did they sign this old man? I know they won't cut a signed player with that contract but gees they could've got a legit #2 WR opposite AJ.

Your username is quite appropriate.

Ryan 08-26-2013 08:13 PM

Re: Texans first cuts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by potisyourfriend (Post 2198478)
Ed Reed should've made the list. Seriously, why did they sign this old man? I know they won't cut a signed player with that contract but gees they could've got a legit #2 WR opposite AJ.


Is this a troll or...

potisyourfriend 08-26-2013 08:16 PM

Re: Texans first cuts
 
No troll, I just don't post much. People complain about the local sports channel being homers but it's cool on here? If you guys really think Ed Reed is going to be worth a crap you're in for a rude awakening. He's almost old enough to file for Social Security,

amazing80 08-26-2013 08:18 PM

Re: Texans first cuts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan (Post 2198482)
Is this a troll or...

sadly no, hes making it clear he doesn't like reed and barely likes the Texans

Thorn 08-26-2013 08:20 PM

Re: Texans first cuts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texn4life (Post 2198467)
My post was sarcasm because of all the hype he got. He got off a terrible yesterday. I am surprised he wasn't kept around to punt Thursday though and let Shane rest. Guess Kubiak wants to give him a chance at a job.

Kubiak and Rick Smith both makes statements about trying to help the players even if they don't make the Texans roster. You could be right.

potisyourfriend 08-26-2013 08:21 PM

Re: Texans first cuts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by amazing80 (Post 2198488)
sadly no, hes making it clear he doesn't like reed and barely likes the Texans

I actually love the Texans but being critical is completely different. I think the Ed signing was one of the worst. Did they even give him a physical?

Tailgate 08-26-2013 08:24 PM

Re: Texans first cuts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by potisyourfriend (Post 2198486)
No troll, I just don't post much. People complain about the local sports channel being homers but it's cool on here? If you guys really think Ed Reed is going to be worth a crap you're in for a rude awakening. He's almost old enough to file for Social Security,

http://i.imgur.com/H7R4WCy.gif

Thorn 08-26-2013 08:24 PM

Re: Texans first cuts
 
potisyourfriend has a join date of 2007, if he was going to troll us, he'd have done it by now. He's just expressing his opinion of Ed Reed, which frankly, I'm not that far from being in line with.

potisyourfriend 08-26-2013 08:28 PM

Re: Texans first cuts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tailgate (Post 2198494)

FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pollardized 08-26-2013 08:32 PM

Re: Texans first cuts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2198495)
potisyourfriend has a join date of 2007, if he was going to troll us, he'd have done it by now. He's just expressing his opinion of Ed Reed, which frankly, I'm not that far from being in line with.

That's cause you are both pot heads lol!!!!

honored82 08-26-2013 08:42 PM

Re: Texans first cuts
 
Isn't Nick Mondek our last years draft pick. Cant believe Kubiak cut a draft pick.

DX-TEX 08-26-2013 08:46 PM

Re: Texans first cuts
 
Still have to cut 3 more by tomorrow.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger