Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Von Miller Facing 4 Game Suspension (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101100)

HOU-TEX 07-22-2013 11:13 AM

Von Miller Facing 4 Game Suspension

Wowsers!

Quote:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m
Broncos LB Von Miller is facing 4-game suspension for violating NFL policy, per ESPN sources. Case currently in appeals process.

Blake 07-22-2013 11:45 AM

Re: Von Miller Facing 4 Game Suspension

NFL policy? Which NFL policy? Well, thanks for being so informative, Adam.

Ryan 07-22-2013 12:26 PM

Alleged drug policy.

Coolhandsluke2 07-22-2013 12:30 PM

I am seeing people say it was not for PEDs but for smoking bud, hmm that's legal in Denver now. Interesting if it is just for bud.

Trying to find a source where these keyboard warriors are getting their information though.

TexansFTW 07-22-2013 01:21 PM

This is so awesome. Broncos keep hurting themselves and I love it. No Elvis and no Von (for 4 games). Apparently he did this when he was a rookie and it just took all this time to catch up with him.

Suckas!

Here is an article or you can also obviously just check out Roto for a recap

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...medium=twitter

Playoffs 07-22-2013 01:40 PM

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis
Quote:

According to NFL policy, first offense on recreational drug use is to put a player in program. Second offense is 4-game suspension.

According to NFL source, #Broncos LB Von Miller tested positive for amphetamines and marijuana during his rookie season of 2011.

The1ApplePie 07-22-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2183991)
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis

So he smoked pot in a state where its legal?

b0ng 07-22-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The1ApplePie (Post 2184015)

The positive test apparently happened in 2011, but even then there are many legal substances that are banned by the NFL.

Still, if it's not for PED use, then in my eyes it doesn't change how good of a football player Von Miller is (Which is to say, he's very very good, high or not).

HOU-TEX 07-22-2013 02:54 PM

From Von

Quote:

Von Miller ‏@MillerLite40 5m
Seeing reports abt 4 game susp. I know I did nothing wrong. I'm sure this'll be resolved fairly. Disapp. Broncos have 2 open camp like this.

Playoffs 07-22-2013 04:50 PM

I'm wondering if we'll see a backdated prescription for speed, errrr, an ADHD drug.

ChampionTexan 07-22-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2184089)
I'm wondering if we'll see a backdated prescription for speed, errrr, an ADHD drug.

I know this is at least partially tongue in cheek, but it wouldn't matter. Even with a valid prescription, Adderall is a violation of NFL policy unless the player receives a "Therapeutic use exemption" from the league ahead of time.

This also indirectly addresses some of the comments that question a suspension for the use of a substance legal in the state of Colorado. As was mentioned before, there's a number of completely legal substances that are banned the NFL. Adderall - even when validly prescribed - is one example.

Playoffs 07-22-2013 05:08 PM

Perhaps Von will plead ignorance, saying he was sure non-habit-forming marijuana was legalized?

CloakNNNdagger 07-22-2013 05:45 PM

It gets worse.:kubepalm::wadepalm:

From Rotoworld:
Quote:

Broncos SLB Von Miller tweeted Monday that he "knows" he did "nothing wrong" in regard to his four-game suspension for violating the NFL's drug policy.
"I'm sure this'll be resolved fairly," he added. "Disappointed Broncos have to open camp like this." It's now believed Miller failed a recent test for the drug "Molly," which is essentially ecstasy, after getting popped for marijuana and amphetamines as a rookie, although there is still little clarity as to the specific reasons for his four-game suspension. The ban remains under appeal.
The exact reason is that it take THREE infractions to the recreational drug category (not two as in the case of PEDs) for the suspension to be in play. Von Miller tested positive prior to entering the league (prior to contract signature)..........then again tested positive during his rookie year..........now this is his "3 strikes you're out."

Texecutioner 07-22-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The1ApplePie (Post 2184015)

None of that really matters. The NFL has pot on a banned substance list and they have every right to outlaw pot for their athletes as any other company does that drug tests you. It being legal or decriminalized in the state doesn't mean that every company has to allow it all of a sudden.

Say Watt 07-22-2013 09:01 PM

Interesting. He had some issues his first year or two at A&M. As far as I know, Sherman never let it get out as far as what he did, but he was a bit of a trouble maker. Story was he turned everything around, became much more focused on academics and football, and the rest is history. Wasn't until his junior year that he actually turned into the Von Miller we know now. Hope he isn't slipping back into old ways because outside of JJ Watt, he's probably the best defensive player in the league.

drs23 07-22-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texecutioner (Post 2184170)
None of that really matters. The NFL has pot on a banned substance list and they have every right to outlaw pot for their athletes as any other company does that drug tests you. It being legal or decriminalized in the state doesn't mean that every company has to allow it all of a sudden.

Spot on and I think we pretty much all agree. Wanna play? Gotta pay.

BYW, good to see ya back Tex. Season must be close, huh?

Corrosion 07-23-2013 05:43 PM

Maybe he'll get PeyMeATon high so he can get suspended too - Just in time for the playoffs.

thunderkyss 07-23-2013 07:45 PM

If he can keep "fighting" this & start serving his suspension in week 3, the Broncos will be allright.

He'll play against the Ravens & Giants, then be suspended for Raiders, Eagles, Cowboys, & Jags... then get back to play against the Colts, Skins, & then their bye.

CloakNNNdagger 07-23-2013 09:08 PM

Disregard

Beer and Metal 07-24-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0ng (Post 2184020)
The positive test apparently happened in 2011, but even then there are many legal substances that are banned by the NFL.

Still, if it's not for PED use, then in my eyes it doesn't change how good of a football player Von Miller is (Which is to say, he's very very good, high or not).

I guess if your name is b0ng, thinking amphetamines are not performance enhancing is perfectly normal.

Oh, and weed is not munchies enhancing. :lol: