Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk Archive (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Hello (Season Opener Prediction Thread) (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10102)

Buffalo_Bills 06-30-2005 09:32 PM

Hello

Hello, I would just like to see your predictions for the season opener. Assuming we still have Henry and all the rosters are the same as they are right now.

texanfan2002114 06-30-2005 09:49 PM

24-10 Houston wins. Rookie QB against a faster texans defense and 2nd year for the Texans OL to be playing together will all add up to a Texans win.

CAbills 06-30-2005 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texanfan2002114
24-10 Houston wins. Rookie QB against a faster texans defense and 2nd year for the Texans OL to be playing together will all add up to a Texans win.

I got to see proof that your defense is any better than it was last year especially your pash rush. Yikes!

Anyways right now I dont want to predict, I want to see Losman in training camp and preseason and get a good feel about it. Either way it will be a close game.

TexanFan881 06-30-2005 09:54 PM

I think the Bills do have a better team then last year, but Losman will definately need to step up to the plate to even keep up with us. I say we win 20-7. The Bills defense plays good, but the Texans defense shuts down Losman. Our offense does decent, but our offensive line has little improvement from last year.

texanfan2002114 06-30-2005 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAbills
I got to see proof that your defense is any better than it was last year especially your pash rush. Yikes!

Anyways right now I dont want to predict, I want to see Losman in training camp and preseason and get a good feel about it. Either way it will be a close game.

Didn't the Texans beat the Bills a couple of years ago with that defense and that pass rush your talking about? The Texans defense has gotten younger and FASTER and will have a better pass rush. You better tell Losman to start watching out for PEEK!!

Also the Texans had to use their back up QB because Carr got hurt in that game. I stick with my pick and number!!

Grid 06-30-2005 10:19 PM

16 - 13 Texans

Our secondary is going to make it very tough on Losman, but the Bills running game is very good. McGahee will keep the Bills in business, but there is only so much he can do.

Our offense is gonna be very good next year, but the Bills defense is very good as well. In the end I dont think they will be able to stop us from taking the lead though.

Close games.. lots of 3 pointers...but the Texans take it in the end.

Vinny 06-30-2005 10:27 PM

early pre-camp prediction

Bills 27
Texans 24

Texans have one of the worst run defenses in the NFL until proven otherwise. No pass rush either. The Bills have a dominant running game and a dominant defense. 0-1 for the good guys

Grid 06-30-2005 10:32 PM

you need to work on your homerism Vinny ;)

Big B Texan Fan 06-30-2005 10:35 PM

31-10 Texans

McGahee gets 130ish yds and a TD and ya'll (that's you all) kick a FG
Losman gets sacked 3 times, picked once for a returned TD by P-Buch
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
D. Davis gets 180 total yds (120 rush / 60 rec) and a TD
D.Carr gets sacked 3 times, no pix, 2 TD's
AJ scores both TD's and has 100+ yds
K. Brown gets a FG

Score will actually be 21-10 @ half

Normally I wouldn't do this but you asked

By the way, welcome to the MB's

beerlover 06-30-2005 10:35 PM

GEEZ, lets wait till training camp at least, prefeer after pre-season then the week before we can put our money where our words are printed. Buffalo is a great city with some of the best fans in the NFL & the Bills have a quality, young up & coming product.

should be a great day for a football game & the best team wins :highfive:

thats my :twocents:

Hervoyel 06-30-2005 10:56 PM

To soon. I believe the Texans can win the game and that they will but it's far too soon to try and predict a score. I'll talk about this the week before the game.

CAbills 07-01-2005 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texanfan2002114
Didn't the Texans beat the Bills a couple of years ago with that defense and that pass rush your talking about? The Texans defense has gotten younger and FASTER and will have a better pass rush.

Your basing an argument on something you guys did "a couple years ago?"

Carr Bombed 07-01-2005 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny
Bills 27
Texans 24

Texans have one of the worst run defenses in the NFL until proven otherwise. No pass rush either. The Bills have a dominant running game and a dominant defense. 0-1 for the good guys

The Texans run defense was ranked 13th ovrl. It certainly isn't cream of the crop, but it wasn't one of the worst in the league, little above avg. Although I still think Willis M. will have a big game against us do to the lack of continuity in the front 7 since it'll be the 1st game of the season.

Everybody kinda rusty and has a little nerves. Texans offense settles down right before the half

Texans 17
Bills 10

Tailgate 07-01-2005 12:47 AM

Quote:

I am just asking.. but is your defense better, worse, or about the same as a couple of years ago? Maybe Texanfan200 can go from there??

Vinny 07-01-2005 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
The Texans run defense was ranked 13th ovrl. It certainly isn't cream of the crop, but it wasn't one of the worst in the league, little above avg.

Ok, not worst, but we gave up 4.4 ypc and only Tennessee, Kansas City and Indianapolis was worse in the AFC, and we were 22nd in the NFL overall when it came to defending yards per rushing attempt.

Carr Bombed 07-01-2005 01:46 AM

Man Vinny, didn't know you were a night owl like me.

Anyways your probably right. I don't know how accurate my information is anyway. Got it off some link on the JAGS board :)

texansfan1974 07-01-2005 02:03 AM

I like the Texans in this one. Remember we are 2 and 1 in openers. So I think this one is a blow out. My thoughts are 31 to 17 Houston. :drool:

TEXANS84 07-01-2005 02:20 AM

14-13 Buffalo.

But we come back in week 2 and beat the Steelers.

texanfan2002114 07-01-2005 07:39 AM

Quote:

Yea because 2 years ago the Texans OL was just freakin horrible and the defense was older and slower than it will be this year and the Texans played with back up QB and still beat the Bills in cold weather.

OzzO 07-01-2005 08:04 AM

Okay... so CABills wants our prediction... then doesn't want to post his. Then we throw out the arguement we've gotten better on defense and he wants proof, then we turn around and post what happened last time to which the reply is "base off 2 years ago?".

CABills... whatcha looking for? We'll stick ya with the horns - is that what you need to hear? :coolb: