Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk Archive (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Training camp 2013 (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100960)

IBleedTexans 07-11-2013 03:51 PM

Training camp 2013

Does anybody have any info on the tickets this year? Maybe I missed it but I don't Remember them coming out this late in the year

Lurvinator11 07-11-2013 08:29 PM

Re: Training camp 2013

Quote:

Originally Posted by IBleedTexans (Post 2180829)
Does anybody have any info on the tickets this year? Maybe I missed it but I don't Remember them coming out this late in the year

Drew Dourghtey said they will be available next week. Also, They actually did come out about this time last year.

I know it feels like it's been longer than last year, but last year they announced on July 14th IIRC.

IBleedTexans 07-11-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 (Post 2180882)
Drew Dourghtey said they will be available next week. Also, They actually did come out about this time last year.

I know it feels like it's been longer than last year, but last year they announced on July 14th IIRC.

Thanx a million, I wounder how they're going to release em. I remember one of the first years I went , we had to pick em up at wingstop. Bet they'll be even harder to get this year

Allstar 07-12-2013 12:05 AM

I'm not going this year. Last year was way too much trouble after our first playoffs. I'd imagine it'll be even crazier this year.

painekiller 07-12-2013 12:51 AM

The weekdays mornings are not to bad. The night time practices and the weekends are nuts.

As for the getting the tickets, the last few years have they have been available online, and it has been easy to get them.

ObsiWan 07-12-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by painekiller (Post 2180933)
The weekdays mornings are not to bad. The night time practices and the weekends are nuts.

As for the getting the tickets, the last few years have they have been available online, and it has been easy to get them.

Yeah, the mothership will put up a link and you "apply" for them on line. Then you print out your copy. As I recall, you could reserve up to four seats (maybe more). Hopefully that'll start soon. Tell you what, weekends and nights get maxed out real quick. I take off one or two weekday mornings so as not to get caught in the weekend/night mad house.

b0ng 07-12-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by painekiller (Post 2180933)

"easy" is a pretty relative term here. Last year I basically sat on the PC refreshing the Texans site trying to nab a weekend day and weekday. Took me about 6 hours just to get those two days printed out and ready to rock and roll.

HOU-TEX 07-12-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allstar (Post 2180924)
I'm not going this year. Last year was way too much trouble after our first playoffs. I'd imagine it'll be even crazier this year.

I'm with ya, man. I went every year up until last season. Waaay too crowded for that space. I like all Texans fans, but I'd rather not be shoulder to shoulder with you. Ha

I might go to a weekday morning practice if I'm off, but not going to make it a point like I used to.

IDEXAN 07-14-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOU-TEX (Post 2180989)
I'm with ya, man. I went every year up until last season. Waaay too crowded for that space. I like all Texans fans, but I'd rather not be shoulder to shoulder with you. Ha

I might go to a weekday morning practice if I'm off, but not going to make it a point like I used to.

Yep, went to some practices back in the day when it'd just be a couple guys standing around watching the one-on-ones between a DLineman and Olineman and you were so close you could almost reach out and touch them. But then had the opportunity to go to a practice in the last couple years and that same scene was now a very large crowd. So not as enjoyable with the easy access as the first few years, but that's the price of success I guess.

IBleedTexans 07-14-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDEXAN (Post 2181479)
Yep, went to some practices back in the day when it'd just be a couple guys standing around watching the one-on-ones between a DLineman and Olineman and you were so close you could almost reach out and touch them. But then had the opportunity to go to a practice in the last couple years and that same scene was now a very large crowd. So not as enjoyable with the easy access as the first few years, but that's the price of success I guess.

Yea , my bro and I have been going for the past 4 - 5 years and at first it was nice to go and enjoy the hardworking atmosphere . It felt like a private practice with about 100 or 200 there. It's not the same ,but I just love going and knowing football season's here !!!

EllisUnit 07-14-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDEXAN (Post 2181479)

Thats what its like to go to a good teams practice :), i mean really in 03 and 04 who wanted to go and see carr get treated like a rag doll anyways.

76Texan 07-15-2013 01:08 PM

Crowded?

It's not even a relative term.

Just Google largest crowd for NFL training camp for the true meaning of there term.

41,000 plus is crowded.

I've read about crowds of 20K for many sessions of certain teams through the years, it makes us look like minor league. :worldpeace:

Allstar 07-15-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 76Texan (Post 2181803)
Crowded?

It's not even a relative term.

Just Google largest crowd for NFL training camp for the true meaning of there term.

41,000 plus is crowded.

I've read about crowds of 20K for many sessions of certain teams through the years, it makes us look like minor league. :worldpeace:

It's still relative. putting 10 people on a basketball court isn't crowded. Putting 10 people in a bathroom stall is crowded. There is not enough room or seats for the people that attend the Texans training camp.

76Texan 07-15-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allstar (Post 2181811)
It's still relative. putting 10 people on a basketball court isn't crowded. Putting 10 people in a bathroom stall is crowded. There is not enough room or seats for the people that attend the Texans training camp.

Don't go all TPN on me, LOL :worldpeace:

But honestly, for me, going to TC is to see certain players to try to gauge their progress. I've never sat down at any session.

It's not like, hey, I want a vacation off the beaten track; this thing is becoming too touristy for me.

:worldpeace:

Today must be World Peace Day, haha.

HOU-TEX 07-15-2013 03:31 PM

Open camp dates

Quote:

The dates for the open practices are as follows:

Tuesday, July 30, 8-10 a.m.
Wednesday, July 31, 8-10 a.m.
Thursday, Aug. 1, 8-10 a.m.
Friday, Aug. 2, 8-10 a.m.
Monday, Aug. 5, 8-10 a.m.
Tuesday, Aug. 6, 8-10 a.m.
Wednesday, Aug. 7, 8-10 a.m.
Quote:

While tickets to attend these sessions is free, they must be printed on the team's official website beginning at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, July 17.
http://www.csnhouston.com/football-h...ing-camp-dates

From HT.com for those like me that do not trust anyone
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...8-8df440f2c08d

htowntexans1985 07-15-2013 03:35 PM

Why no weekend dates?:devilpig:

ObsiWan 07-15-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOU-TEX (Post 2181878)
Open camp dates

http://www.csnhouston.com/football-h...ing-camp-dates

From HT.com for those like me that do not trust anyone
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...8-8df440f2c08d

Stand (or sit) by your computers on Wednesday morning!!
Quote:

Free tickets can be printed from the Texans official website, www.HoustonTexans.com, beginning at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, July 17, with a limit of four per person, per practice while supplies last. Tickets for Youth Day on August 5 will be available exclusively at Houston-area Academy Sports Outdoors locations while supplies last as well. Bleacher seating at each practice session is general admission.

b0ng 07-16-2013 11:13 AM

looking at http://www.houstontexans.com/tickets...cket-info.html and I notice that if you have season tickets I think you can print out training camp tickets right now. Have to have your Texans account number to do it.

pissknocker 07-16-2013 12:23 PM

As a season ticket holder. It only allowed me to get 4 passes for one date. In the email it specified 4 passes for each date. Oh well. I can only brave those crowds once anyway.

texanskan 07-16-2013 01:01 PM

Does anyone know if your a season ticket holder you can get a weekend or a night pass or is it just for sponsors?