Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   For those worried about cush's knee... (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100929)

2slik4u 07-09-2013 08:53 PM

For those worried about cush's knee...
 
Sorry but the boards have been fairly drab lately with the lull in football action so I figured I'd post this for a few of you to get excited seeing as how we're a month away from game action.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/640pP6eJXws

badboy 07-09-2013 08:56 PM

Re: For those worried about cush's knee...
 
How about a video running an obstacle course or series of tires? This was good to see but didn't do a lot for me.

Rey 07-09-2013 08:57 PM

Re: For those worried about cush's knee...
 
He looks a little leaner to me...I like it...I think it'll help him move a bit better.

2slik4u 07-09-2013 09:02 PM

Re: For those worried about cush's knee...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by badboy (Post 2180319)
How about a video running an obstacle course or series of tires? This was good to see but didn't do a lot for me.

Didn't have much of a choice of videos but when you do a 52" sitting box jump...that's damn impressive coming off knee surgery.

the wonger need food 07-09-2013 09:33 PM

Re: For those worried about cush's knee...
 
Anyone that's had an ACL knows that forward/back movement isn't the biggest issue... it's the side-to-side, lateral moves that are the last to come back. Another huge factor is the mentality to fly around without worrying about a re-injury.

I believe Cush will make a full comeback eventually but would feel much more comfortable with a solid Plan B at ILB.

thunderkyss 07-09-2013 09:35 PM

Re: For those worried about cush's knee...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2slik4u (Post 2180322)
Didn't have much of a choice of videos but when you do a 52" sitting box jump...that's damn impressive coming off knee surgery.

Yeah......... I bet that's not on the regimine for ACL reconstruction physical therapy.

I'm sure it feels fine, but that right there is the kind of thing that's going to sideline him for another season.

He needs to put that thing up on a pillow & hit the bluebell.

aussie_texan 07-09-2013 10:49 PM

Re: For those worried about cush's knee...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the wonger need food (Post 2180331)
Anyone that's had an ACL knows that forward/back movement isn't the biggest issue... it's the side-to-side, lateral moves that are the last to come back. Another huge factor is the mentality to fly around without worrying about a re-injury.

I believe Cush will make a full comeback eventually but would feel much more comfortable with a solid Plan B at ILB.

spot on especially the mental aspect!
pretty much all this shows is that is got full strength back in the muscles surrounding the knee.
but its good to see none the less

CretorFrigg 07-09-2013 11:20 PM

Re: For those worried about cush's knee...
 
2012Champs, how do you like them leggings? ;)

Texans_Chick 07-15-2013 11:52 AM

Re: For those worried about cush's knee...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the wonger need food (Post 2180331)
Anyone that's had an ACL knows that forward/back movement isn't the biggest issue... it's the side-to-side, lateral moves that are the last to come back. Another huge factor is the mentality to fly around without worrying about a re-injury.

I believe Cush will make a full comeback eventually but would feel much more comfortable with a solid Plan B at ILB.

He's been on the side field during minicamp/OTAs doing rehab drills--lots of all sorts of running/movement. Looks like Cush.

76Texan 07-15-2013 12:28 PM

Re: For those worried about cush's knee...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texans_Chick (Post 2181799)
He's been on the side field during minicamp/OTAs doing rehab drills--lots of all sorts of running/movement. Looks like Cush.

I certainly hope so, TC.

Nothing's like a hungry cookie monster.

2012Champs 07-15-2013 12:37 PM

Re: For those worried about cush's knee...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CretorFrigg (Post 2180364)
2012Champs, how do you like them leggings? ;)



Slightly different scenario than the previous example

the wonger need food 07-15-2013 05:48 PM

Re: For those worried about cush's knee...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texans_Chick (Post 2181799)
He's been on the side field during minicamp/OTAs doing rehab drills--lots of all sorts of running/movement. Looks like Cush.

Not really comparable to an NFL game with 300lb. men flying around your knees. Another thing we don't know is the post workout pain/stiffness he's experiencing. Athletes are typically pros at covering up injuries to stay on the field.

Hopefully he makes an AD type recovery. If anyone can pull it off it's Cushing. The funny part is that if he has an All-Pro year it will go widely ignored, unlike AD who is now some sort of mythical god for his recovery.

IDEXAN 07-16-2013 07:47 AM

Re: For those worried about cush's knee...
 
Everybody who thinks Cushing's full recovery and back to his former self/form
right off of the bat in the 2013 season is a slam-dunk is in deep denial IMO. I expect him to recover and continue his career in the NFL, but I think how soon he recovers is very uncertain and his return to 100% of his old self is also uncertain.
I'm not trying to be a pessimist here, I'm just suggesting that what kind of player Cushing is when he completes his recovery may fall short of what he was prior to his injury. We just have to wait and see.

HOU-TEX 07-16-2013 10:21 AM

Re: For those worried about cush's knee...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IDEXAN (Post 2182107)
Everybody who thinks Cushing's full recovery and back to his former self/form
right off of the bat in the 2013 season is a slam-dunk is in deep denial IMO. I expect him to recover and continue his career in the NFL, but I think how soon he recovers is very uncertain and his return to 100% of his old self is also uncertain.
I'm not trying to be a pessimist here, I'm just suggesting that what kind of player Cushing is when he completes his recovery may fall short of what he was prior to his injury. We just have to wait and see.

Eh, I think he's going to come out kickin ass. The dude's a freak when he hits that field and I do not expect that to change.

2slik4u 07-16-2013 12:14 PM

Re: For those worried about cush's knee...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IDEXAN (Post 2182107)
Everybody who thinks Cushing's full recovery and back to his former self/form
right off of the bat in the 2013 season is a slam-dunk is in deep denial IMO. I expect him to recover and continue his career in the NFL, but I think how soon he recovers is very uncertain and his return to 100% of his old self is also uncertain.
I'm not trying to be a pessimist here, I'm just suggesting that what kind of player Cushing is when he completes his recovery may fall short of what he was prior to his injury. We just have to wait and see.

That's what they said about Adrian Peterson...

Signed,

Jamaal Charles

76Texan 07-16-2013 01:31 PM

Re: For those worried about cush's knee...
 
It's too early to say one way or another; I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

rockabilly 07-16-2013 05:04 PM

Re: For those worried about cush's knee...
 
The company I work for has been providing his supplements and protein formula. I also am in contact with his personal trainer. Word in the gym is that he is looking mighty fine. He's going to be faster out there, even post ACL.

Fred 07-16-2013 05:29 PM

Re: For those worried about cush's knee...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockabilly (Post 2182289)
The company I work for has been providing his supplements and protein formula. I also am in contact with his personal trainer. Word in the gym is that he is looking mighty fine. He's going to be faster out there, even post ACL.

Hmmm, I hope none of these supplements are going to get him pregnant again like happened last time.

HJam72 07-16-2013 09:09 PM

Re: For those worried about cush's knee...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred (Post 2182291)
Hmmm, I hope none of these supplements are going to get him pregnant again like happened last time.

Ha! We have somebody to blame next time! :)

CloakNNNdagger 07-16-2013 09:29 PM

Re: For those worried about cush's knee...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 76Texan (Post 2182221)
It's too early to say one way or another I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

I'll go back to what I've said before. The #1 reason found in studies for setbacks was pushing rehab to beat the expected 9 to 12 month time period. Seated 52" box jumps under controlled conditions look impressive, but with it solid lateral stability is demonstrated to only a modest extent. Cutting in full speed, sustaining violent hits to the knee straight on or from the sides repeatedly will be the only ultimate tests. Cushing has always been referred to in the past as a "workout warrior." In the past this has translated to equivalent performance on the field. Unfortunately, under the circumstances, this term cannot automatically be assigned as having the same relationship to his expected ultimate level of return. How many "workout warriors" have not lived up to translation on the field? Cushing has a long road to hoe, and the odds are against him reaching his max short of the 9-12 month point, and possibly up to 1 1/2 - 2 years. And then returning to the "old Cush" is more hopeful than realistic at this point. Reality is frightening enough..........without at least half way being prepared for it. Let's all stay hopeful for now..........but not unprepared for a pinch of reality should it rear its ugly head. :texflag:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger