Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Andre to be on First Take today (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100690)

djohn2oo8 06-19-2013 09:03 AM

Andre to be on First Take today

They mentioned it just now

DX-TEX 06-19-2013 10:47 AM

Re: Andre to be on First Take today

Quote:

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley 3m
"I'm not going to let you talk about my quarterback that way" Andre Johnson smiling to Steven A (who also didn't seem to know about Hopkins)
Expand
Anyone watching First Take and see this? Wondering what was said.

djohn2oo8 06-19-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DX-TEX (Post 2174501)
Anyone watching First Take and see this? Wondering what was said.

How he had no faith in Schaub. How he needs to actually avoid tackles, and run sprints as drills because he's so slow. etc.

Playoffs 06-19-2013 12:53 PM

Stephen Smith is an idiot: "Have you spoken to the management of the Houston Texans about getting a receiving option opposite you? I mean at least a decoy or something?"

Umm, shouty ..... were you on vacation during this thing they call the NFL Draft?

Useless show.

HJam72 06-19-2013 02:03 PM

Even if we hadn't drafted DeAndre, that's quite an insult to....um, our "corner-run-blocker" Walter. I mean it's one thing for us to say it on a message board, but for a media-guy to pose it that way to A.J....

Ryan 06-19-2013 06:08 PM

It was mostly Heat/Spurs talk since Andre attended the game last night.

HJam72 06-19-2013 08:47 PM

So, they talked about how it was fixed so they can make more money on a 7 game series and have the Spurs win it in SA?

I know that Andre is a straight-talkin' cut-throat. :whip:

Ryan 06-20-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HJam72 (Post 2174697)
So, they talked about how it was fixed so they can make more money on a 7 game series and have the Spurs win it in SA?

I know that Andre is a straight-talkin' cut-throat. :whip:

Well the game is in Miami.

b0ng 06-21-2013 01:16 PM

Most local radio guys are taking offense to Smith for talking about not getting help for Andre (As if he wasn't aware of the draft) and that Matt Schaub is not a good QB (Which Andre addressed by saying something like don't talk about my QB like that, or something probably not as negative knowing Andre).

I'm actually surprised Skip Bayless didn't say something outrageous because those are pretty tame takes for Bayless and Smith.

TexansSeminole 06-21-2013 02:22 PM

Here is a video of the appearance.

Stephen A is really, really bad at his job. Andre does the right thing by not trying to argue with him, that's not going to get him anywhere when Stephen A would just talk over him with his increasingly annoying voice. It really does sound like Stephen A has not followed the NFL offseason at all.

They need to go ahead and take First Take off the air and replace it with something else. Stephen A and Skip Bayless have got to be two of the worst analysts in sports.

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0ng (Post 2175319)
Most local radio guys are taking offense to Smith for talking about not getting help for Andre (As if he wasn't aware of the draft) and that Matt Schaub is not a good QB (Which Andre addressed by saying something like don't talk about my QB like that, or something probably not as negative knowing Andre).

Andre just said "I won't let you talk about my quarterback that way." Andre just kind of sits there and laughs the whole time as if he really doesn't care too much about their opinions. He approached it as promotion for the team, not an opportunity to debate.