Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   No Bags/Purses to Games (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100620)

infantrycak 06-13-2013 02:25 PM

No Bags/Purses to Games

Quote:

The NFL is now prohibiting purses and other similar bags from pro football stadiums.

A team source alerted PFT to the looming change in the NFLís policy regarding bags. The NFL has confirmed that the policy, primarily intended to enhance safety, was revised based on the recommendation of the Stadium Security and Fan Conduct Committee.

Fans will be encouraged to bring no bags of any kind to NFL stadiums. Starting with the 2013 preseason, only certain bags will be permitted.

Specifically, the bags must be clear, and they must be made of plastic, vinyl, or PVC. The dimensions may not exceed 12 inches by six inches by 12 inches. Alternatively, fans may bring a one-gallon Ziploc (product placement!) freezer bag.
Link

OK this ranks up there on the WTFometer. Seriously, women can't bring their ordinary purses? There hasn't been a single incident at an NFL stadium making this even paranoid reasonable.

The Pencil Neck 06-13-2013 02:38 PM

Re: No Bags/Purses to Games

Um.

OK.

So.

How am I supposed to tell my wife this?

HOU-TEX 06-13-2013 02:43 PM

Stupid! I'm not sure this helps their campaign to get more fans to attend games. Another reason (in addition to drunks, parking, stupid fans, cost, etc) why the wife and I are happy campers at home watching on the 52 come game time.

eriadoc 06-13-2013 02:44 PM

The TSA has already done random screening on the metro rail. Would you really be surprised if they took over stadium security? Would you be surprised if they were working with the NFL to determine entry point security?

Kaiser Toro 06-13-2013 02:54 PM

Big pockets and Texan branded, see through bags are the future.

Dutchrudder 06-13-2013 02:59 PM

Fan Conduct Committee

5 bucks says that committee is composed entirely of men.

Heath Shuler 06-13-2013 02:59 PM

No bags? So titan fan can't bring his/her brown paper bag to wear on their head? That just doesn't seem fair.

http://funnycrave.frsucrave.netdna-c...tans-Fan-1.jpg

:swatter:

Rey 06-13-2013 03:07 PM

So if a woman is carrying tampons or some other private stuff, it has to be in a clear bag for the world to see?

LMAO!

CloakNNNdagger 06-13-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rey (Post 2172938)
So if a woman is carrying tampons or some other private stuff, it has to be in a clear bag for the world to see?

LMAO!

Maybe in their clutch purse, but diaper bags?..................will love seeing used diapers through the clear bags.......and since these will be single compartment..........enjoy the fragrance each time it is opened.

CloakNNNdagger 06-13-2013 03:25 PM

BTW, where can I purchase my $130 Texans designer Guicci clear bag?

drs23 06-13-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOU-TEX (Post 2172928)
Stupid! I'm not sure this helps their campaign to get more fans to attend games. Another reason (in addition to drunks, parking, stupid fans, cost, etc) why the wife and I are happy campers at home watching on the 52 come game time.

Just a "52"? :user:

J/K :D

texanhead08 06-13-2013 09:40 PM

This is bull**** I don't like that I am going to have to pack my camera and hopefully not out in a rainstorm when the game ends and expose it to the elements.

CretorFrigg 06-14-2013 08:36 AM

Damn...how else am I going to smuggle drinks in?

HOU-TEX 06-14-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drs23 (Post 2173028)
Just a "52"? :user:

J/K :D

Yup, I got it shortly after the LCDs first came out. Then, it was considered one of the best and the price was proof of that. It pisses me off walking through stores seeing LCDs and LEDs larger than mine at a much cheaper price. Oh well, I loved it then and I'm still enjoying it.

The next one will cover the entire wall

b0ng 06-14-2013 09:40 AM

Don't worry, I'm absolutely sure the NFL is going to start selling see-through purses/bags with team logos on them for an exorbitant price. Feels kind of odd that they are talking about increasing the in-game experience to try to get people to come to the stadiums and not watch at home, while doing this.

Playoffs 06-14-2013 09:44 AM

Pistol toting female football fans ruining for all us guys. :tomato:

StarStruck 06-14-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CretorFrigg (Post 2173078)
Damn...how else am I going to smuggle drinks in?

Thank goodness for backup :)

Texanfan4ever 06-14-2013 04:07 PM

The new "no purse" rule!

Is anyone as thoroughly disgusted with this stupid rule as I am. Oh wait, you can now buy a CLEAR NFL bag. THey have them for SALE at the store and the website. Well of course they do. Since women make up about 40% of the fan base that attend games, think of the money they will make off of these "plastic" purses. Of course you need one with your teams's logo on it. I have an idea. They buy back the 4 NFL Texan bags I own right now and GIVE me a clear plastic one. Ugh! :overreact:

I am really put out over this!

ObsiWan 06-14-2013 04:14 PM

Re: The new "no purse" rule!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texanfan4ever (Post 2173199)
Is anyone as thoroughly disgusted with this stupid rule as I am. Oh wait, you can now buy a CLEAR NFL bag. THey have them for SALE at the store and the website. Well of course they do. Since women make up about 40% of the fan base that attend games, think of the money they will make off of these "plastic" purses. Of course you need one with your teams's logo on it. I have an idea. They buy back the 4 NFL Texan bags I own right now and GIVE me a clear plastic one. Ugh! :overreact:

I am really put out over this!

what "No Purse" rule??

when did that happen??

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xpadHP2LoU...R/original.jpg

CloakNNNdagger 06-14-2013 04:15 PM

Re: The new "no purse" rule!

Cak started a thread on this.......it got interesting:
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=100620