Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Vince Young signs with Packers (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100599)

Stemp 06-12-2013 12:23 PM

Vince Young signs with Packers

Quote:

Over the years, I’ve had to train myself to naturally dismiss about 80 percent of the crazy stuff that is either emailed or called in on the radio shows. Not saying there aren’t some good ideas, but it seems like every time a high-profile player is available – for whatever the reason – he gets linked to the Cowboys as a possible fit.

However, in the case of Vince Young, I think the Cowboys should strongly consider signing him.

For the Cowboys, it makes sense.

For Vince Young … it’d probably be the worst team he could sign with. However, he should be in the league and it sounds like he needs a job, so he’s not turning down anything. At this point, he couldn’t be picky and he wouldn’t be.

But let’s go back to the Cowboys’ part. They just tried to acquire Mike Kafka off waivers but he was awarded to Jacksonville. Obviously, they just showed they have a need for a third quarterback. Apparently Nick Stephens and Dalton Williams aren’t cutting it.

more at the link
OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE make this happen!!
The circus in the locker room and the brawls between the fans vs VY fan boys would be EPIC! You could sell tickets through Ticketmaster with the entertainment value this would represent for all non-cowboy fans.

Mind you this is article is by a staff writer on the OFFICIAL Cowboys website, so it's not just wishful thinking by a VY fan boy (or maybe it is :thinking:).

BigBull17 06-12-2013 01:00 PM

Re: Vince Young to the Cowboys?

This would be hilarious. Also, Jerrah is the owner who would succumb to the idiotic masses chanting for VY every time Romo throws an int or incomplete pass. :mariopalm:

thunderkyss 06-12-2013 04:43 PM

If I was his agent I bet I could find a team to take him.

Of course I'd have to work for free as my cut off what he signs for probably wouldn't cover my travel fees.

Double Barrel 06-12-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Article
However, he should be in the league...

The last of the VY fanboy brigade!

mattieuk 06-14-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Barrel (Post 2172679)
The last of the VY fanboy brigade!

Not the last. I think he could be a viable third string/practice squad option for quite a few teams.

CloakNNNdagger 06-15-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattieuk (Post 2173298)
Not the last. I think he could be a viable third string/practice squad option for quite a few teams.

You can knock out Practice Squad. And when you were referring to "third string," I take it that you were referring to sausage?

Thorn 06-15-2013 09:05 PM

I don't think this will happen. But if it did, the sheer entertainment value of it would be priceless. I'd get an account on a Cowboys site just to ask them how they like their sausage. :lol:

The Pencil Neck 06-15-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2173472)
I don't think this will happen. But if it did, the sheer entertainment value of it would be priceless. I'd get an account on a Cowboys site just to ask them how they like their sausage. :lol:

msr

I'd be listening to GaC (local Dallas ESPN radio show) every day to get their take on things. I'd be waiting for the inevitable implosion.

ObsiWan 06-15-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2173386)
And when you were referring to "third string," I take it that you were referring to sausage?

:spit:
delightfully tacky, Doc...

Playoffs 08-05-2013 11:06 AM

Vince Young to try out for Packers

Quote:

The Packers currently have 28-year-old Graham Harrell and 24-year-old B.J. Coleman battling for the backup spot to Aaron Rodgers.

Playoffs 08-05-2013 05:02 PM

Adam Wexler ‏@awexler
Quote:

RT @JosinaAnderson: Breaking: Source: Vince Young will sign a 1-year deal with #Packers.
VY could get his ring, although losing LT Bulaga hurts the Pack.

Thorn 08-05-2013 05:04 PM

Packers.

Sounds like Vince Youngs kind ah team.

Rey 08-05-2013 05:05 PM

Good for VY. Hopefully he has or is on the way to getting his stuff together and can salvage some kind of career.

PapaL 08-05-2013 05:16 PM

Maybe he'll play LT for them?

Before anyone starts it, VY is NOT elite. You can spell elite without VY.

Stemp 08-05-2013 05:20 PM

AKA - the Return of the VY Fanboys!

thunderkyss 08-05-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2188908)
Adam Wexler ‏@awexler
Quote:

RT @JosinaAnderson: Breaking: Source: Vince Young will sign a 1-year deal with #Packers.

You know, I was one of those guys who thought VY could make it as a QB in this league. I really thought he had the mental toughness to put up with the crap he was going to have to put up with & still excel at his craft.

I thought he got a raw deal in Tennessee. Doesn't matter if you agree or not, that's what I thought.

But I thought he would be redeemed in Philly.

But when Vick got hurt & they but that fool in the game, I was embarrassed. Seriously, I thought about how I could go back & delete all my posts on this board about that sucker.

Packers signed him. Chances are he's going to be playing this preseason with guys way less talented than he is. He'll have an opportunity to prove he wasn't a joke.

But I won't be watching. I'll hear about it in the news one way or the other, but I'm leaning towards not.

The1ApplePie 08-05-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stemp (Post 2188924)

And the VY Haters

I thought irrational 2006 Draft hate had moved on from VY and Reggie and went squarely to Mario Williams.:kitten:

Hookem Horns 08-05-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

You mean those guys that make up excuses for and see no wrong in their hero?

Playoffs 08-05-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e_black_01.jpg