Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Tim Tebow signs with the Patriots (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100575)

ASidd_1990 06-10-2013 05:10 PM

Tim Tebow signs with the Patriots

Per Ed Werder

Quote:

Tim Tebow will sign with the New England Patriots and will report to minicamp on Tuesday.

Bill Belichick denied a report last week claiming that he hated Tebow as a player.

Josh McDaniels, offensive coordinator of the Patriots, was head coach of the Denver Broncos when Tebow was a first round pick.

Tebow was released by the New York Jets in April.

Fili 06-10-2013 05:17 PM

Re: Tim Tebow signs with the Patriots

And then he'll become amazing.

ObsiWan 06-10-2013 05:26 PM

alright... no "he is Risen" jokes please
:foottap:

Double Barrel 06-10-2013 05:27 PM

This does not surprise me at all. Belichick likes high motor guys.

They could do some crazy plays with Tebow behind Brady. His arm is good enough to have to keep it in mind, but dude is also mobile. If Tebow is willing to be a football player, doing whatever the team needs him to do to win games, I think he can find a home with the Patriots.

I wish them enough good luck to make it to the AFC Championship game so they can lose to the Texans.

ASidd_1990 06-10-2013 05:32 PM

Tim Tebow should start over Tom Brady-Skip Bayless

ChampionTexan 06-10-2013 05:33 PM

Hopefully Belichick will use him to torture the Jets twice a year (ala Danny Woodhead at first), and he won't do anything against us when we play. Beyond that, I don't really care one way or the other.

Dutchrudder 06-10-2013 05:41 PM

They sure do like big body TEs in Boston. Maybe they can make him into a poor man's Aaron Hernandez.

thunderkyss 06-10-2013 05:56 PM

The funny thing is that Brady is actually at the age where a team should be looking to groom his replacement.

New England is also a QB friendly system. Not saying Tebow is the next Brady but playing a little better than he did his last year in Denver + that system he can be very successful.

Also, getting a second shot with McDaniels if he don't make it as a QB that's it.

Rey 06-10-2013 06:55 PM

Good system for him...but not as a qb. Of he's willing to play an h back type role and be a back up qb I think he'll thrive there.

kingtexan 06-10-2013 07:26 PM

This could be the perfect fit for him, and yes as a QB.

gg no re 06-10-2013 09:35 PM

If Tebow truly still wants to play meaningful minutes in the NFL, I expect him to be groomed into Gronk's replacement. I'm a bit certain that Bill prefers tebowing over fist pumps.

eriadoc 06-10-2013 09:38 PM

Not wishing it upon him, but if Tom Brady takes a linebacker shot to the sternum in Week Two and loses his job to Tebow, I'm going to redouble my prayers.

ChampionTexan 06-10-2013 11:15 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMcFidNCMAEs7oq.png:large

BetaV1 06-11-2013 01:21 AM

This is why the Patriots are the Patriots. They'll seemingly give anyone a look and if they think he can help them win football games, then they'll bring him in full-time. It's why they gave a shot to a highly troubled guys like Moss and Ocho, or to monumental big money busts like Haynesworth. Now, they're giving a chance to Tim Tebow, a guy who plays a position that is the least of importance for the Patriots going into this season.

The guy might not even crack the 53 man roster, so it's much too soon to even consider what they're going to do with him. The point remains though that the Patriots want to see what they can do with him. You're given more roster spots during this time of the year for the very purpose. Many of the bad teams waste these on "camp bodies." Not the Patriots.

TejasTom 06-11-2013 08:17 AM

In other news, ESPN moves it headquarters to Foxborough, Massachusetts.

HOU-TEX 06-11-2013 10:51 AM

Welp! I reckon we now know what we're going to be hearing about throughout the rest of the offseason. :gun:

Lucky 06-11-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BetaV1 (Post 2172125)
Many of the bad teams waste these on "camp bodies." Not the Patriots.

The other 31 teams realize Tebow is not worth the distraction. This is Belichick doing a favor to his OC and a coaching buddy.

thunderkyss 06-11-2013 11:56 AM

I heard Belichick's press conference about an hour ago.

Classic Bill,

(on if Ryan Mallet is entrenched as the back up QB) "We're just learning our positions now, competition will take place in camp, just like it always has."

(on if he'll allow Tebow to Tebow after a good play), "I think I've talked enough about that player already."

(on if Vinny Testeverdes opinion weighed in on their decision), "I haven't spoke to Vinny in years."

(on the reasoning to sign Tebow), "He's a smart, talented, works hard."

I'm paraphrasing. There was a lot more, but that's about all I can remember.

eriadoc 06-11-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BetaV1 (Post 2172125)
This is why the Jets are the Jets. They'll seemingly give anyone a look ...

Slightly modified.

Rey 06-11-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2172191)

(on if he'll allow Tebow to Tebow after a good play), "I think I've talked enough about that player already."

:spit: