Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Chad Johnson Arrested (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100567)

HOU-TEX 06-10-2013 10:27 AM

Chad Johnson Arrested
 
Anyone who follows Chad on Twitter knows the dude's a riot. Personally, I like him more since he's been out of the league. He's always seemed like a down to Earth kinda guy, but there always seems to be a lapse in judgment every now and then. This latest lapse is funny stuff!

Quote:

Chad Johnson was just arrested and placed in handcuffs inside a Florida courtroom ... after the judge in his probation violation hearing ordered the ex-NFL star to spend 30 days in jail.

The move comes after Johnson pissed off the Broward County judge by slapping his male lawyer's butt during the hearing.
http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/10/chad-j...g-lawyers-ass/

:lol:

Dutchrudder 06-10-2013 10:35 AM

Re: Chad Johnson Arrested
 
30 days for that? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? That's insane.

2012Champs 06-10-2013 10:47 AM

Re: Chad Johnson Arrested
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 2171885)
30 days for that? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? That's insane.



I thought the same after I chuckled a bit

Coolhandsluke2 06-10-2013 11:17 AM

Re: Chad Johnson Arrested
 
The hell? I can understand a Judge getting ticked off and slapping a fine on him or even locking him up for a few hours to teach him a lesson about proper courtroom etiquette.

A whole month though! Wow.

Any bets on how long he actually stays in? I say under 48 hours then released.


Ouch
"His probation was also extended until December 21, 2013 ... and he must complete an additional 25 hours of community service along with extra therapy sessions.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/10/chad-johnson-arrested-after-slapping-lawyers-ass/#ixzz2VpZMeGKd"

Playoffs 06-10-2013 11:24 AM

Re: Chad Johnson Arrested
 


Illegal celebration, 30 days.


Seriously, it's a domestic violence case and you don't check in with your probation officer? Dumb.

.

infantrycak 06-10-2013 11:29 AM

Re: Chad Johnson Arrested
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolhandsluke2 (Post 2171898)
The hell? I can understand a Judge getting ticked off and slapping a fine on him or even locking him up for a few hours to teach him a lesson about proper courtroom etiquette.

A whole month though! Wow.

Y'all are missing the point here. The 30 days are not for the butt slap. He violated his probation. He could have had his bond revoked and sent to jail for the duration of his probation. The judge was going to let him off light and then he acted the fool. While someone is holding no time to six months in their hands don't piss them off.

Coolhandsluke2 06-10-2013 11:36 AM

Re: Chad Johnson Arrested
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 2171905)
Y'all are missing the point here. The 30 days are not for the butt slap. He violated his probation. He could have had his bond revoked and sent to jail for the duration of his probation. The judge was going to let him off light and then he acted the fool. While someone is holding no time to six months in their hands don't piss them off.

Ahh makes more since, yea I read it as a punishment for the butt slap.

HOU-TEX 06-10-2013 11:45 AM

Re: Chad Johnson Arrested
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolhandsluke2 (Post 2171910)
Ahh makes more since, yea I read it as a punishment for the butt slap.

It kinda was. He was going to receive a much lighter sentence without any jail time before the butt-slap. Once he gave the butt-slap the judge got pissed and laid it on him.

HOU-TEX 06-10-2013 01:13 PM

Re: Chad Johnson Arrested
 
Plus, it didn't help matters that the judge was a female and the original charge was assaulting a female

Playoffs 06-10-2013 01:29 PM

Re: Chad Johnson Arrested
 
A'ight, they just posted the video and I think Chad was only doing what football players do -- good job, slap on the butt.

Judge was pissed because others in the courtroom had a birds eye view and began laughing at the gesture. I bet the judge reconsidered at a later date and releases him.

2012Champs 06-10-2013 01:30 PM

Re: Chad Johnson Arrested
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HOU-TEX (Post 2171944)
Plus, it didn't help matters that the judge was a female and the original charge was assaulting a female



How much do you think that played into it? She was going to let him off easy

HOU-TEX 06-10-2013 01:36 PM

Re: Chad Johnson Arrested
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012Champs (Post 2171948)
How much do you think that played into it? She was going to let him off easy

Yeah, it probably didn't have much to do with it. Never know, I reckon. Maybe she knew going easy on him was the right thing to do and it pissed her off, so she was looking for a reason?

Just spit-balling, but it's quite humorous to me

Heath Shuler 06-10-2013 01:56 PM

Re: Chad Johnson Arrested
 
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18qe.../ku-medium.gif

ASidd_1990 06-10-2013 03:06 PM

Re: Chad Johnson Arrested
 
He's a jack ass. He deserved to go to jail. You don't mess around in a court room setting like that especially when you're already walking on egg shells.

:vincepalm:

Heath Shuler 06-10-2013 03:42 PM

Re: Chad Johnson Arrested
 
video:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...room-butt-slap

Coolhandsluke2 06-10-2013 04:05 PM

Re: Chad Johnson Arrested
 
After watching the video all I can say is daaamn.

2012Champs 06-10-2013 05:57 PM

Re: Chad Johnson Arrested
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ASidd_1990 (Post 2171980)
He's a jack ass. He deserved to go to jail. You don't mess around in a court room setting like that especially when you're already walking on egg shells.

:vincepalm:



Take it easy big guy

htowntexans1985 06-10-2013 06:17 PM

Re: Chad Johnson Arrested
 
The sheriffs officer turning around cracking up was the icing on the cake. I bet the judge gave him a reprimand as well. LOL.

kingtexan 06-10-2013 06:25 PM

Re: Chad Johnson Arrested
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 (Post 2172050)
The sheriffs officer turning around cracking up was the icing on the cake.

Just shows that more than one idiot was in attendance that day.

thunderkyss 06-10-2013 06:58 PM

Re: Chad Johnson Arrested
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 2171885)
30 days for that? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? That's insane.

Land of the free. Home of the brave.


What else are we going to spend our tax payer's money on?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger