Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Browns receiver Josh Gordon suspended 2 games (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100536)

Wolf 06-07-2013 03:42 PM

Browns receiver Josh Gordon suspended 2 games

Violating league substance abuse policy
Also docked 2 more game checks
Per scoremobile app
It could have been longer if they counted his college failed tests

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...buse-violation

Coolhandsluke2 06-07-2013 09:58 PM

Re: Browns receiver Josh Gordon suspended 2 games

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf (Post 2171483)
Violating league substance abuse policy
Also docked 2 more game checks
Per scoremobile app
It could have been longer if they counted his college failed tests

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...buse-violation

Can someone please explain to me why the NFL does not release what they tested positive for? Pretty much letting the athletes make up whatever BS story they want.

Playoffs 06-08-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolhandsluke2 (Post 2171561)
Can someone please explain to me why the NFL does not release what they tested positive for? Pretty much letting the athletes make up whatever BS story they want.

NFLPA negotiated that.

Of note generally...
Quote:

Absent a violation of the law, a suspension under the substance-abuse policy happens only if a player commits multiple violations. For players like Josh Gordon...thats a lot of violations to rack up in only one year.

Once a player is in the substance-abuse program, he knows hes going to be tested. To end up getting suspended means that he has continued to test positive even when he knows hes going to be tested unless, of course, the subsequent violations come from failing to comply with the testing requirements.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-saying-a-lot/

infantrycak 06-09-2013 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolhandsluke2 (Post 2171561)

That would be revealing private medical information. Can't do it without player consent.

thunderkyss 06-09-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 2171713)
That would be revealing private medical information. Can't do it without player consent.

Speaking of which, PFT reports Josh Gordon says he took cough medicine containing Codeine.
Quote:

In February, I was diagnosed with strep throat for which a doctor prescribed antibiotics and cough medicine. Apparently, the medicine I took contained codeine, which is prohibited by the NFL policy, Gordon said in the statement.

Playoffs 05-09-2014 05:13 PM

Josh Gordon faces season long suspension
Updated: May 9, 2014, 6:05 PM ET
By T.J. Quinn and Don Van Natta Jr. | ESPN.com
Quote:

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon could face a season-long suspension after a second failed drug test months ago, this time for marijuana, sources told "Outside the Lines" on Friday.

Reached by phone Friday afternoon, Gordon said: "That's something you're going to have to talk to [agent] Drew Rosenhaus about. I really don't know anything about it."

Josh Gordon could face a season-long suspension after a second failed drug test months ago, this time for marijuana, sources told "Outside the Lines."

Asked whether he planned an appeal of his suspension and test, Gordon said, "I'm going to have to find out about that later. You need to call Drew," before hanging up.

CloakNNNdagger 05-09-2014 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2336774)
Josh Gordon faces season long suspension
Updated: May 9, 2014, 6:05 PM ET
By T.J. Quinn and Don Van Natta Jr. | ESPN.com

Gordon's had the habit forever now. Don't know if he'll ever be able to can it.

revan 05-10-2014 07:08 AM

You can't take the stupid out of some people. How long is the NFL window?. You seriously can't wait until your mid 30s to do all this crap?.

Scooter 05-10-2014 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revan (Post 2337763)
You can't take the stupid out of some people. How long is the NFL window?. You seriously can't wait until your mid 30s to do all this crap?.

amazing isnt it? guys would break their bodies and live the next 15 years on tofu and water if that's what it took to even have a chance of making it in the NFL. and yet, guys like gordon are poised to go bigtime and cant put the pipe down long enough to make millions playing the biggest sport in america.

you cant fix stupid.

Lucky 05-10-2014 07:52 AM

Quote:

I'm surprised we haven't had suggestions that we trade for Gordon yet. Bad behavior seems to excite some of our posters for some reason.

Hervoyel 05-10-2014 09:40 AM

One more Browns Fan's Dream rolls out of "The Factory of Sadness"

GuerillaBlack 05-10-2014 10:14 AM

Quote:

This is true, but damn weed should obviously be legal. Can sell destructive alcohol at games... We are reaching that point though. By 2020 I say.

badboy 05-10-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack (Post 2337858)
This is true, but damn weed should obviously be legal. Can sell destructive alcohol at games... We are reaching that point though. By 2020 I say.

damn weed caused stupid decision probably costing millions so spread it to others? I think it should be legal also but things like this make me wonder about people. Guess it depends on the people.

Texecutioner 05-10-2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 2337780)
I'm surprised we haven't had suggestions that we trade for Gordon yet. Bad behavior seems to excite some of our posters for some reason.

I'd totally take a flyer on this guy. Get him for a box of rocks and you haven't really risked anything. Mcnair would never do it though.

TheMatrix31 05-10-2014 02:46 PM

Hope he never plays another down in the league. Dumb people should never be rewarded.

Texecutioner 05-10-2014 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 (Post 2338251)
Hope he never plays another down in the league. Dumb people should never be rewarded.

Because he smoked some pot? Lol!

I think you could use some of that by the way.

gtexan02 05-10-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack (Post 2337858)

There are plenty of legal substances that are banned by professional sports. Legality is no excuse

TheMatrix31 05-10-2014 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texecutioner (Post 2338547)
Because he smoked some pot? Lol!

I think you could use some of that by the way.

It's not about the pot. It's about the fact that it's illegal in the NFL and he keeps getting busted for it. He's stupid. He's got all the talent in the world and he's wasting it for drugs. He's a loser. He's dumb as hell. He's a liability.

Millions of people would kill to have what he has and he's throwing it away repeatedly. He's a ****ing IDIOT.

GuerillaBlack 05-10-2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtexan02 (Post 2338737)
There are plenty of legal substances that are banned by professional sports. Legality is no excuse

I understand, but if weed became legal, I doubt the NFL would ban it. It would be treated like alcohol imo.

Playoffs 05-10-2014 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 (Post 2338809)
...He's stupid. He's got all the talent in the world and he's wasting it for drugs. He's a loser. He's dumb as hell... Millions of people would kill to have what he has and he's throwing it away repeatedly. He's a ****ing IDIOT.

In spite of dire consequences -- extreme financial harm and potential loss of all of his "high earnings years" that would set him up for life -- Gordon continues smoking marijuana when he knows he's going to be tested...

Now this isn't some college kid doing something stupid, this is a grown man who has been multply warned in very clear terms that his life-long financial future is at stake, yet he lights up. Maybe he has a problem.