Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Texans Sign TE Adam Shiltz (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100508)

Playoffs 06-05-2013 06:39 PM

Texans Sign TE Adam Shiltz

Texans Sign TE Adam Shiltz

Schiltz attended the Texans' rookie minicamp last month.

Quote:

According to the Houston Chronicle’s Tania Ganguli, the Houston Texans have signed tight end Adam Schiltz. Schiltz is a rookie free agent from Emporia State who had 44 receptions for 560 yards and four touchdowns this season. The Ponca City, Okla. native had 16 catches for 215 yards and three touchdowns in his final two games of his Senior Season.

Schiltz measures in at 6-4 and 256 lbs. and was signed to replace the injured Phillip Supernaw to get an extra tight end in for training camp. Supernaw was injured during the start of OTAs, and has left the Texans with four healthy tight ends.
Pro day results and video here: http://www.stateofthetexans.com/texa...e-adam-shiltz/

eriadoc 06-05-2013 06:53 PM

Re: Texans Sign TE Adam Shiltz

I hope he makes the team, if only for the inevitable malt liquor jokes.

thunderkyss 06-05-2013 08:27 PM

Do we have something against tall TEs?

Playoffs 06-05-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2170919)
Do we have something against tall TEs?

Ryan Griffin is 6'6". Shilz is a camp body.

CloakNNNdagger 06-06-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2170958)
Ryan Griffin is 6'6". Shilz is a camp body.

That may very well be. But keep in mind that Supernaw is wearing a cast on the same foot that he wore one last year for a stress fracture. If this is the same type of injury repeated this offseason, you would have to be concerned about further re-injury when he is able to return, especially if they don't identify the underlying cause of the problem........ overuse injury attributed to repetitive trauma, training errors, structural abnormalities, nutrition, bone density and/or incorrect footwear.

Rey 06-06-2013 07:34 AM

When I first saw this I my brain omitted the "l" in his last name. I was thinking what an awful last name.

thunderkyss 06-06-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rey (Post 2171009)
When I first saw this I my brain omitted the "l" in his last name. I was thinking what an awful last name.

Supernaw is a badass last name.

Playoffs 06-06-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2171008)
That may very well be. But keep in mind that Supernaw is wearing a cast on the same foot that he wore one last year for a stress fracture. If this is the same type of injury repeated this offseason, you would have to be concerned about further re-injury when he is able to return, especially if they don't identify the underlying cause of the problem........ overuse injury attributed to repetitive trauma, training errors, structural abnormalities, nutrition, bone density and/or incorrect footwear.

I hope he's okay to compete, or to wait in the wings, but I expect we'll keep 3 TEs -- Daniels, Graham, Griffin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2171031)

His father is the country singer, fwiw.

RagingBull 06-06-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2171031)

Not just naw, not just supernaw, but hell naw.

eriadoc 06-06-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2171059)
I hope he's okay to compete, or to wait in the wings, but I expect we'll keep 3 TEs -- Daniels, Graham, Griffin.

His father is the country singer, fwiw.

Seriously? Did not know that. Isn't he still in the loony bin? Sad case. I used to do some work for the folks who bankrolled him early on. I was an early fan. Too bad what happened to him.

Texan_Bill 06-06-2013 09:43 PM

Hooshizamilli........... "Championship!"

PapaL 06-07-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 2171302)
Hooshizamilli........... "Championship!"

Get. Out. Of. My. BRAIN!

Stole my joke :bravo:

CloakNNNdagger 06-07-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriadoc (Post 2171301)
Seriously? Did not know that. Isn't he still in the loony bin? Sad case. I used to do some work for the folks who bankrolled him early on. I was an early fan. Too bad what happened to him.

Don Shiltz wrote "The Gambler" that was sung by Kenny Rodgers. He's a Hall of Famer.

Perki-Perk 06-07-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RagingBull (Post 2171061)
Not just naw, not just supernaw, but hell naw.

Flip the hell naw and the supernaw and I think you are on to something!