Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Top 20 Players in the AFC South, Texans with 9 (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100475)

Fanatic24 06-04-2013 08:45 AM

Top 20 Players in the AFC South, Texans with 9

Top 20 Players in the AFC South, Texans with 9 along with some players in the honorable mention section.

Top 20 Players in the AFC South

AngryNateFTW 06-04-2013 09:22 AM

Re: Top 20 Players in the AFC South, Texans with 9

Wade Smith?

nero THE zero 06-04-2013 10:18 AM

Interesting to me that Andrew Luck is receiving accolades because people expect him to be great, as opposed to him actually being great.

Not a snowball's chance in hell he is the 4th best player in the division at this point in time.

IDEXAN 06-04-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nero THE zero (Post 2170347)
Not a snowball's chance in hell he is the 4th best player in the division at this point in time.

Maybe, but he's probably the MVP and almost surely the most highly coveted.

Playoffs 06-04-2013 12:33 PM

That list is whacked. Posluszny? Reed? Freeman? Johnson?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW (Post 2170319)
Wade Smith?

Duane Brown ... insert any name ... Chris Myers

thunderkyss 06-04-2013 01:04 PM

I know we give Schaub a hard time around here.... my thinking is that the home crowd "maybe" unfairly scrutinizes their QB & overstate his weaknesses.

This... got me wondering. He's an honarable mention?? Andrew Luck (& come on, as much promise as Luck shows, Schaub had a better season) top 4??

I'm going to have to reassess my assessment.

ObsiWan 06-04-2013 05:55 PM

Looks like another name recognition exercise rather than actually watching the guys play and making assessments.

Fili 06-04-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nero THE zero (Post 2170347)
Interesting to me that Andrew Luck is receiving accolades because people expect him to be great, as opposed to him actually being great.

Someone finally agrees with me. Just because he has all the hype and stuff doesn't make him an amazing QB. How you play on the field makes yourself.

Texan_Bill 06-04-2013 10:04 PM

Admittedly, I didn't read the whole thing but 9 out of the 20 seems pretty good to me.

mussop 06-04-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fili (Post 2170611)
Someone finally agrees with me. Just because he has all the hype and stuff doesn't make him an amazing QB. How you play on the field makes yourself.

Maybe you should watch him play.:fingergun:

TheMatrix31 06-05-2013 03:22 AM

Andrew Luck does things that a 10 year vet does.

He most certainly belongs in the Top 10 best players in the division.

List seems generally okay. Cushing is better than 10 though. I would probably swap Cushing and Reed with each other. Cushing, when healthy, is a Top 5 MLB in the league.

IDEXAN 06-05-2013 09:05 AM

Would you trade JJ for Luck ? Of course you would, and in a heart beat and you'd also throw in some boot like Andre or Cushing or maybe both ?

Dutchrudder 06-05-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanatic24 (Post 2170308)
Top 20 Players in the AFC South, Texans with 9 along with some players in the honorable mention section.

Top 20 Players in the AFC South

That was the most worthless link I have seen on this forum in a long time. Since your post history seems to be only linking that specific website, I can only assume you work for them. In the future, at least get some content, analysis and actual meat in your articles if you want people to take them serious. In the meantime, have some negs.

cuppacoffee 06-05-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDEXAN (Post 2170655)
Would you trade JJ for Luck ? Of course you would, and in a heart beat and you'd also throw in some boot like Andre or Cushing or maybe both ?

:pigfly:

:coffee:

thunderkyss 06-05-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mussop (Post 2170623)
Maybe you should watch him play.:fingergun:

Andre Johnson
Duane Brown
Arian Foster
JJWatt
Jonathan Joseph

That's 5 players who were better players than Andrew Luck

ObsiWan 06-05-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Which "JJ"??
Actually it doesn't matter because I wouldn't trade Jonathan Joseph and certainly not J.J. Watt for Andrew Luck. That's just plain crazy talk.

Playoffs 06-05-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

:lol:

Say Watt 06-05-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 2170658)
That was the most worthless link I have seen on this forum in a long time. Since your post history seems to be only linking that specific website, I can only assume you work for them. In the future, at least get some content, analysis and actual meat in your articles if you want people to take them serious. In the meantime, have some negs.

:spit:

I don't know why but for some reason that post reminded me of the scene towards the end of Billy Madison with the whole, "At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

IDEXAN 06-05-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsiWan (Post 2170699)
Which "JJ"??
Actually it doesn't matter because I wouldn't trade Jonathan Joseph and certainly not J.J. Watt for Andrew Luck. That's just plain crazy talk.

JJ Watt is a tremendous football player who's also very young which of course makes him even much more valuable, but he's not a QB and you can bet the Texans wouldn't blink an eye if they got a chance to make that deal for Luck.

dream_team 06-05-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDEXAN (Post 2170718)
JJ Watt is a tremendous football player who's also very young which of course makes him even much more valuable, but he's not a QB and you can bet the Texans wouldn't blink an eye if they got a chance to make that deal for Luck.

Unfortunately, this is true. JJ Watt is currently the face of our franchise, and doing an awesome job at that. He will soon be the highest paid defensive player in history. But he ain't a QB, and this is a QB driven league.