Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   2013 Texans Roster - How it was Built (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100349)

Fanatic24 05-26-2013 05:03 PM

2013 Texans Roster - How it was Built
 
Interesting chart on how this team was built. 68 of our 89 players are either Drafted players or College Free Agents.

Of our excellent 2009 Draft Class we only have Cushing and McCain left. This offseason alone we lost Barwin, Caldwell, Quin and Casey from that class.

Texans Chart

thunderkyss 05-26-2013 05:07 PM

Re: 2013 Texans Roster - How it was Built
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanatic24 (Post 2168229)
Of our excellent 2009 Draft Class we only have Cushing and McCain left. This offseason alone we lost Barwin, Caldwell, Quin and Casey from that class.

I know you probably didn't mean anything by it, but the way you say it, it's as if those guys couldn't play.

We simply chose not to match FA valuations of Barwin, Quin, & Casey...... Caldwell probably can't play.

Still an excellent... or at least very good draft. We can't keep everyone, no matter how much we'd like to.

thunderkyss 05-26-2013 05:15 PM

Re: 2013 Texans Roster - How it was Built
 
61 Patriots were either drafted or college FAs.


31 Broncos were drafted or college FAs. 20 FAs.

32 Redskins were drafted or College FAs. 20 FAs, 11 RFAs

Interesting.

Fanatic24 05-26-2013 05:16 PM

Re: 2013 Texans Roster - How it was Built
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2168231)
61 Patriots were either drafted or college FAs.


31 Broncos were drafted or college FAs. 20 FAs.

32 Redskins were drafted or College FAs. 20 FAs, 11 RFAs

Interesting.

They only have 6 Teams completed for 2013, looks like they are updating two a day. Don't think they have done the Broncos or Redskins yet.

Fanatic24 05-26-2013 05:17 PM

Re: 2013 Texans Roster - How it was Built
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2168230)
I know you probably didn't mean anything by it, but the way you say it, it's as if those guys couldn't play.

We simply chose not to match FA valuations of Barwin, Quin, & Casey...... Caldwell probably can't play.

Still an excellent... or at least very good draft. We can't keep everyone, no matter how much we'd like to.

Not at all, I like all those guys. Caldwell is on the fringe, but Barwin, Quin and Casey are all good players.

ObsiWan 05-27-2013 05:06 AM

Re: 2013 Texans Roster - How it was Built
 
This site has the same info, just not in that format.
(thanks Doc!)

Fanatic24 05-27-2013 08:39 AM

Re: 2013 Texans Roster - How it was Built
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsiWan (Post 2168343)
This site has the same info, just not in that format.
(thanks Doc!)

I like the chart better, easier to read.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger