Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Kubiak: Collin Klein will get a chance at QB @ rookie minicamp (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100046)

Tango 05-06-2013 06:01 PM

Kubiak: Collin Klein will get a chance at QB @ rookie minicamp

Per the Houston Chron:

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...a-quarterback/

eriadoc 05-06-2013 08:13 PM

Re: Kubiak: Collin Klein will get a chance at QB @ rookie minicamp

Quote:

Former NFL quarterback Jake Plummer, who Kubiak coached in Denver, has been working with Klein.

“We’ll see how much Jake has been able to teach him in a short period of time,” Kubiak said. “(Klein’s) a winner. Done a great job in college, so we’ll see.”
I've been wondering when and under what context that name would pop up again.

AngryNateFTW 05-06-2013 08:37 PM

He is a developmental project. He has the speed and strength to make plays with his feet but he needs to work on his technique and delivery if he's ever going to succeed in the NFL as a QB.

Aaron Rodgers had an extremely odd delivery when he was drafted at 24th overall but was able to learn and develop with the coaches and is now arguably the best QB in the game.

Could Klein have the same results? Most likely no, but there is room to dream. :cow:

chicagotexan2 05-06-2013 10:08 PM

A possible mobile QB? What is that? I hope the makes the cut. He's a good athlete hopefully he can be a good nfl QB too.

SAMURAITEXAN 05-06-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW (Post 2161840)
He is a developmental project. He has the speed and strength to make plays with his feet but he needs to work on his technique and delivery if he's ever going to succeed in the NFL as a QB.

Aaron Rodgers had an extremely odd delivery when he was drafted at 24th overall but was able to learn and develop with the coaches and is now arguably the best QB in the game.

Could Klein have the same results? Most likely no, but there is room to dream. :cow:

At least he has chance to work with right coaching staff for a developmental QB.

AngryNateFTW 05-06-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN (Post 2161872)
At least he has chance to work with right coaching staff for a developmental QB.

We'll need to see how far Keenum has come first. If Keenum has really improved from year 1 to 2 then i'll feel a lot better with Klein's chances. I know Kubiak likes his QB projects but we have to see how far that project has come before we can know if Klein is in the right hands.

Klein has the attributes and is honestly a better passer than Tebow but just needs to put it all together.

Texanmike02 05-06-2013 10:34 PM

Waiting for the Klein over schaub crowd.

Mike

beerlover 05-06-2013 10:36 PM

Big physical, winning leader who flashes Cam Newton core strength, heck yeah I'd take a flyer on him high reward low risk.

badboy 05-06-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerlover (Post 2161893)
Big physical, winning leader who flashes Cam Newton core strength, heck yeah I'd take a flyer on him high reward low risk.

This. No cost for test driving. Love to be able to trade Yates & Schaub 2014 (or cut)& go with Collin & Keenum even if we still draft a QB high.

infantrycak 05-06-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerlover (Post 2161893)

Quote:

Originally Posted by badboy (Post 2161907)
This. No cost for test driving. Love to be able to trade Yates & Schaub 2014 (or cut)& go with Collin & Keenum even if we still draft a QB high.

Is there a special handshake or something to get into the draftnik pot store?

PapaL 05-06-2013 11:14 PM

Some people are amazing.

Get rid of the Probowl and playoff winning QBs and hand the franchise over to 2 guys that nobody wanted, that can't make the game day roster because its a conspiracy. Smh.

badboy 05-06-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 2161922)
Is there a special handshake or something to get into the draftnik pot store?

No but people in the legal profession are usually excluded.

Seriously, a scenario could be select QB like David Fales next draft & he trains under Schaub 2014 season. We trade Yates after 2013 (signed thru 2014).
Trade Schaub after 2014.

In 2015 choose best of Fales (in his second year), Klein (3rd season) and Keenum. If nothing better, we can keep MS and select back up and third guy. Yates is getting closer to end of deal & we need to move or start him over Matt by end of his contract. This probably not best bet.

htownfan32 05-06-2013 11:47 PM

Fales? I say we draft DEREK CARR :trapstar:

No, just kidding.

I have an awful feeling we're going to go for AJ McCarron or something. I like him but I don't think he has a very high ceiling.

He's a bit more mobile than Schaub though imo

badboy 05-06-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaL (Post 2161937)
Some people are amazing.

Get rid of the Probowl and playoff winning QBs and hand the franchise over to 2 guys that nobody wanted, that can't make the game day roster because its a conspiracy. Smh.

To build dynasty, you move younger players up to replace starters when you can. Cuts costs and keeps youngsters motivated. Not all starters are HOFs, jersey in the rafter like AJ. Schaub is a good Qb but not great and like others is helped by the system. If he or others can be replaced with comparable if not exact why not consider?

In 2015 Matt's cap is $17m & 33 years old. I think people who think ahead are amazing.

badboy 05-06-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htownfan32 (Post 2161959)
Fales? I say we draft DEREK CARR :trapstar:

No, just kidding.

I have an awful feeling we're going to go for AJ McCarron or something. I like him but I don't think he has a very high ceiling.

He's a bit more mobile than Schaub though imo

I expect McCarron to be a higher first round pick.

greekdbag 05-07-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badboy (Post 2161967)
I expect McCarron to be a higher first round pick.

I'm not so sure. I already have seen people start to nitpick him and it will only get worse if Alabama doesn't go undefeated next season.

AngryNateFTW 05-07-2013 12:38 AM

If you watch him at the Shrine game he might have had some problems passing but was all over the place running the ball. Couldn't be stopped. Not what we're looking for but EJ Manuel did it at the Senior Bowl and was praised heavily for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID64nRw4k6I

Vance87 05-07-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW (Post 2161987)
If you watch him at the Shrine game he might have had some problems passing but was all over the place running the ball. Couldn't be stopped. Not what we're looking for but EJ Manuel did it at the Senior Bowl and was praised heavily for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID64nRw4k6I

God that throwing motion...

Brisco_County 05-07-2013 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vance87 (Post 2161988)

No kidding.

I'm not a purist regarding mechanics, but there's a limit to "unorthodox."

AngryNateFTW 05-07-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vance87 (Post 2161988)

It's quite the sight but my guess is Kubiak is going to break his arm, dislocate his elbow, snap his shoulder out of place and then start from scratch.. :D