PDA

View Full Version : Tebow released by the Jets

CloakNNNdagger
04-29-2013, 08:35 AM
Just announced on Fox News.

http://media.whosay.com/146727/1/146727_la.jpg

Also ESPN:http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9222870/new-york-jets-cut-tim-tebow-source

Blake
04-29-2013, 08:39 AM
No.

LikeMike
04-29-2013, 08:49 AM
Here we to, let the circus begin...

brakos82
04-29-2013, 09:01 AM
If he goes to the Cowboys I'll paint their stadium in red and white stripes myself. :lol:

texanhead08
04-29-2013, 09:04 AM
I guess Jesus couldn't save him this time.

cuppacoffee
04-29-2013, 09:05 AM
Too expensive to let Sanchez go.

What a mess.

And I agree with Blake...NO

:coffee:

cuppacoffee
04-29-2013, 09:07 AM

Not too sure about that. Getting him out of that dysfunctional organization is a blessing.

:coffee:

Dread-Head
04-29-2013, 09:36 AM
Someone will pick him up. He's like a cockroack he'll survive. I'm still mad at him for his lame attempt last year to have dropping to one knee to PRAY COPYRIGHTED as "Tebow-ing". Insofar as what some previous posters have said I'll have to agree No.

WolverineFan
04-29-2013, 10:08 AM
Teams inquired about him this offseason, but they asked if he would be open to switching positions and he flat out said no. He may reconsider that now, but he seems to care more about being a QB than an NFL player.

Malloy
04-29-2013, 10:16 AM
What if we....?

no.. :)

Dread-Head
04-29-2013, 10:31 AM
Teams inquired about him this offseason, but they asked if he would be open to switching positions and he flat out said no. He may reconsider that now, but he seems to care more about being a QB than an NFL player.

:thinking: Hmmm. Quite the connundrum. On ONE hand, there have been some college players who were asked to switch positions when they arrived in the NFL who wound up succedeing beyond expectations. Dick Butkis was a tight end in College. A coach switched him to defense and made it to the hall of fame. Hines Ward was a quarterback in college and the Steelers turned him into a receiver. He's probably getting into the hall of fame of the first ballot.
While I understand the passion Tebow has for the game and the position he's been playing all this time. The QB I remember who was most dead set on playing QB and refused to become either a receiver or corner was Mr. Warren Moon. He was willing to go to Canada to prove he could play. Despite Vince Evans playing decent ball in Chicago and a rookie Doug Williams taking the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to an NFC championship in his rookie season no one was willing to give Moon a chance straight out of Washington.
Tebow needs to accept the fact that he's no Mr. Warren Moon but if he TRULY loves the game he MIGHT be another Hines Ward or Dick Butkis if he TRULY loves the game he'll take a reassignment in stride and excel.

ArlingtonTexan
04-29-2013, 10:42 AM
:thinking: Hmmm. Quite the connundrum. On ONE hand, there have been some college players who were asked to switch positions when they arrived in the NFL who wound up succedeing beyond expectations. Dick Butkis was a tight end in College. A coach switched him to defense and made it to the hall of fame. Hines Ward was a quarterback in college and the Steelers turned him into a receiver. He's probably getting into the hall of fame of the first ballot.
While I understand the passion Tebow has for the game and the position he's been playing all this time. The QB I remember who was most dead set on playing QB and refused to become either a receiver or corner was Mr. Warren Moon. He was willing to go to Canada to prove he could play. Despite Vince Evans playing decent ball in Chicago and a rookie Doug Williams taking the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to an NFC championship in his rookie season no one was willing to give Moon a chance straight out of Washington.
Tebow needs to accept the fact that he's no Mr. Warren Moon but if he TRULY loves the game he MIGHT be another Hines Ward or Dick Butkis if he TRULY loves the game he'll take a reassignment in stride and excel.

While these are nice examples the vast majority of position switches are started out of desparation and end in failure.

Dread-Head
04-29-2013, 10:46 AM
While these are nice examples the vast majority of position switches are started out of desparation and end in failure.

:thinking: You mean like when Jerry Jones occasionally integrated Deion Sanders into Dallas' offense as a receiver?

Playoffs
04-29-2013, 10:49 AM
Why even sign the guy? Just for the circus? Sparano had zero interest in even training the kid. Fukkin' Jets. :mariopalm:

ChampionTexan
04-29-2013, 10:49 AM

I hate to burst your bubble, but Dick Butkus was never a tight end in college. While he played a little bit of center at Illinois, he spent the vast majority of his time at linebacker.

Similarly, Ward spent some time playing QB his sophomore season at Georgia, he finished his college career with almost 150 receptions, and almost 2,000 yards receiving, and was hardly turned into a WR by the Steelers.

infantrycak
04-29-2013, 10:52 AM
Dick Butkis was a tight end in College. A coach switched him to defense and made it to the hall of fame. Hines Ward was a quarterback in college and the Steelers turned him into a receiver.

Butkis was a center and linebacker in college. Ward played part-time QB and then split between WR and RB.

GlassHalfFull
04-29-2013, 11:00 AM
NO.

That is all.

brakos82
04-29-2013, 11:02 AM
http://i.imgur.com/m2QpOXk.gif

Dread-Head
04-29-2013, 11:05 AM
Butkis was a center and linebacker in college. Ward played part-time QB and then split between WR and RB.

:thinking: I thought I saw an interview with Butkis where he said he'd played Tight End? I'll take your word on this one.

Dread-Head
04-29-2013, 11:06 AM
http://i.imgur.com/m2QpOXk.gif

Out of curiosity Brakos, in this little scenario is Tebow the jar of peanut butter OR the nervous ferret?

HOU-TEX
04-29-2013, 11:44 AM
The only downfall of this for myself....is the constant barrage of Tebow coverage the media's going to put me through the rest of the offseason. Otherwise, I couldn't care less about him as an NFL player.

brakos82
04-29-2013, 11:50 AM
Out of curiosity Brakos, in this little scenario is Tebow the jar of peanut butter OR the nervous ferret?
Tebow's the jar. Because he's a jarhead. :spin:

HOU-TEX
04-29-2013, 12:00 PM
Dude's too stubborn if you ask me

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2h
Jets had granted Tim Tebow permission this off-season to seek a trade. More than one team asked if were willing to play TE, but he was not.

disaacks3
04-29-2013, 12:00 PM

Or is it..."On the Third team he rose again, in fulfillment of the scriptures." :kitten:

Dread-Head
04-29-2013, 12:06 PM
Tebow's the jar. Because he's a jarhead. :spin:

Ssssssst.....in his DREAMS he's a jarhead. He's more of a block-head.

Dread-Head
04-29-2013, 12:06 PM
Or is it..."On the Third team he rose again, in fulfillment of the scriptures." :kitten:

Oh you're wrong for that...it's FUNNY...but you're wrong for that.

TexansBlood
04-29-2013, 12:18 PM
No GP, no.

The Pencil Neck
04-29-2013, 12:20 PM
No GP, no.

Wait, wait.

HEAR ME OUT!

We've got Collin Klein who's basically Tim Tebow-lite, right?

We could ditch Schaub, Yates, and Keenum, and then put Tebow and Klein as our QB and backup.

Oh, yeah, wait.

NO.

kingtexan
04-29-2013, 01:19 PM
He should already be in Canada winning Grey Cups. He may not be the prototypical NFL QB, but he is a heck of a football player and seemingly a genuinely good person. Hope he succeeds.

Mr teX
04-29-2013, 02:25 PM
Sportscenter = :ant::kingkong::doot::hurrah::hurrah: with how much they are going to drive the "where will Tim Tebow land?" angle of all this into the ground.

Dread-Head
04-29-2013, 02:43 PM
Sportscenter = :ant::kingkong::doot::hurrah::hurrah: with how much they are going to drive the "where will Tim Tebow land?" angle of all this into the ground.

Dear God you mean I have to listen to Skip Bayless going on about how Tebow is the greatest athlete in the history of mankind?

Dutchrudder
04-29-2013, 02:44 PM
Good thing we picked up Colin Klein, or else people might want Tebow here.

Dread-Head
04-29-2013, 02:46 PM
Good thing we picked up Colin Klein, or else people might want Tebow here.

Right now I'm on my knees Tebowing 1.0 back when they still called it "praying." "Dear God THANK YOU for not inflicting Tebow upon us. Amen."

GlassHalfFull
04-29-2013, 03:22 PM
Wait, wait.

HEAR ME OUT!

We've got Collin Klein who's basically Tim Tebow-lite, right?

We could ditch Schaub, Yates, and Keenum, and then put Tebow and Klein as our QB and backup.

Oh, yeah, wait.

NO.

:photos:

Bad GP impression. Each of your single sentence lines should be at least a full 10 sentence paragraph. Although you did distill the info down to it's core.

The Pencil Neck
04-29-2013, 06:40 PM
:photos:

Bad GP impression. Each of your single sentence lines should be at least a full 10 sentence paragraph. Although you did distill the info down to it's core.

I'm on Hydrocodone and Indomethacin for a bad gout flare-up. So. I'm not at my best.

I was hoping the thought would count.

TEXANRED
04-29-2013, 06:49 PM
http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad236/TEXANRED/669_zps8e8aae08.jpg (http://s939.photobucket.com/user/TEXANRED/media/669_zps8e8aae08.jpg.html)

Giant Tiger
04-29-2013, 08:49 PM
He should already be in Canada winning Grey Cups. He may not be the prototypical NFL QB, but he is a heck of a football player and seemingly a genuinely good person. Hope he succeeds.

I don't want Tebow anywhere near Ottawa's expansion team next year. Doubt he'll win a Grey Cup... unless he's on the bench like the guy backing up Eli.

Fred
04-29-2013, 09:14 PM
:thinking: I thought I saw an interview with Butkis where he said he'd played Tight End? I'll take your word on this one.

He just made up that stuff about being an ex-TE. He was trying to get a job from Kubiak.

Texan_Bill
04-29-2013, 10:58 PM
YESSSSSSSS!

This guy didn't do anything but win! If they won't sign me, they should sign Tim!

~Signed, Six - or - "6"

Malloy
04-30-2013, 03:18 AM
Dear God you mean I have to listen to Skip Bayless going on about how Tebow is the greatest athlete in the history of mankind?

I'm confused, I thought that was Vince Young?!?!

Malloy
04-30-2013, 03:23 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000165175/Where-is-the-best-NFL-fit-for-Tim-Tebow

Houston mentioned as a good fit :(

ObsiWan
04-30-2013, 03:29 AM
No.
You don't.
Put some fresh, new batteries in your remote and change the channel.
You can switch over to NFLN where they are broadcasting Manti Te'o coverage
...constantly
:kubepalm:

Corrosion
04-30-2013, 06:35 AM
I care as much about Tebow being cut as I do that basketball player coming out of the closet .... None.

Have a good day.

gwallaia
04-30-2013, 04:50 PM
Tebow has received and offer from....

The Omaha Beef, and indoor football team. Contract details are sketchy but it appears he will receive $75 per game if he accepts the offer.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9228241/omaha-beef-indoor-team-offers-tim-tebow-contract

pirbroke
04-30-2013, 04:58 PM
Tebow has received and offer from....

The Omaha Beef, and indoor football team. Contract details are sketchy but it appears he will receive $75 per game if he accepts the offer.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9228241/omaha-beef-indoor-team-offers-tim-tebow-contract

All I can say is , wow!

NitroGSXR
04-30-2013, 06:08 PM
If he goes to the Cowboys I'll paint their stadium in red and white stripes myself. :lol:
I'll even let you use my striper.

ObsiWan
04-30-2013, 06:12 PM
Edit: Post removed.
I don't have the heart to screw with Tebow any more than he has been already.

Mr teX
04-30-2013, 06:47 PM
The sad thing about all this is the guy really could play in the NFL ..............................if he was willing to change his position to TE...he's that kind of athlete to where he could pull it off.

thunderkyss
04-30-2013, 07:56 PM
I hope someone gives him a shot. A real shot. Rex had something personal against the kid & was never going to give him a real opportunity.

He might not have been an All-Pro in Denver, but he did enough to win, which is more than Blain Gabbert, or whoever was throwing the ball in KC, or Cleveland.

Or even Phillip Rivers..... No doubt Rivers is a much better QB, but he's not winning & winning is what it's all about.

The Pencil Neck
04-30-2013, 08:15 PM
I hope someone gives him a shot. A real shot. Rex had something personal against the kid & was never going to give him a real opportunity.

He might not have been an All-Pro in Denver, but he did enough to win, which is more than Blain Gabbert, or whoever was throwing the ball in KC, or Cleveland.

Or even Phillip Rivers..... No doubt Rivers is a much better QB, but he's not winning & winning is what it's all about.

I think more of the credit for that needs to go to John Fox and Mike McCoy. They were smart enough to realize exactly what they needed to do to make Tebow successful. They re-designed their offense to highlight the things that Tebow could do and they put him in situations to win.

I don't blame Rex for not doing the same thing. I blame Sparano for not being creative enough. I think Rex expected Sparano to figure out ways to use Tebow and fit him into the offense and Sparano was not up to the task.

But if you're going to bring Tebow in to be your #1 QB, then you've got to create your offense around what he can and can't do. Like the Broncos did. And you've got to devote yourself to that kind of offense (something the Broncos refused to do.) You've got to get someone like a Collin Klein to be his backup. You've got to have a ocuple of QBs that have the same type of skill set.

thunderkyss
04-30-2013, 10:01 PM
But if you're going to bring Tebow in to be your #1 QB, then you've got to create your offense around what he can and can't do. Like the Broncos did. And you've got to devote yourself to that kind of offense (something the Broncos refused to do.) You've got to get someone like a Collin Klein to be his backup. You've got to have a ocuple of QBs that have the same type of skill set.

Eh..... I would imagine Tebow could beat out Blain Gabbert, Brady Quin, and maybe even John Skelton. All these guys started at least one game in 2012. There's some bad QB'ng out there.

There's going to be some rookie that will be forced into starting in 2013 & imo, they're not helping these kids out (if they aren't ready to start, if they're ready, they're ready).

Tebow wants to be a QB, let him be a QB. If they don't win, they don't win & Tebow will be forgotten like the hundreds of QBs that don't make it every year. All the while, groom your future starter, whether it be Geno Smith, or Ej Manuel.

Tyler Wilson will probably be asked to win a game or two in 2013...

Dread-Head
05-01-2013, 10:42 AM
He was offered a job...

http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/29/tim-tebow-lingerie-football-league-legends-quarterback-coach/

Teaching a bunch of busty chicks in lingerie how to throw a football. My leaves me to ask...who the hell's gonna teach him to throw FIRST?! :headhurts:

Coolhandsluke2
05-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Omaha Beef offers Tim Tebow a contract - will pay him $75 a game

OMAHA, Neb. -- The Omaha Beef have a job waiting for Tim Tebow if he wants it -- and the Nebraska indoor football team will even pay him $75 a game.

A day after Tebow was cut by the New York Jets, the Beef called the office of Tebow agent Jimmy Sexton to offer a standard player contract.

O lawdy from the Official Omaha Beef Football webpage

http://www.beeffootball.com/

http://i.imgur.com/YCsyTHL.png

Lmao 40% of the voters don't even want Tebow

Blake
05-01-2013, 01:01 PM
If Tebow wants to play in the Not For Long league, he needs to consider being a TE/HB for some team and get over himself.

infantrycak
05-01-2013, 01:02 PM
Lmao 40% of the voters don't even want Tebow

The funny thing was when their QB McNear (something like 25 TD's and 3 INT's on the season) was asked about Tebow coming he said something akin to "that's great, I'm sure there are lots of things I can teach him about being a QB."

Dutchrudder
05-01-2013, 01:07 PM
If Tebow wants to play in the Not For Long league, he needs to consider being a TE/HB for some team and get over himself.

He really could be an excellent James Casey type of player. Maybe a few months on the free agent list will soften him up. I think Colin Klein made the switch because no one wanted to draft him as a QB. I think Tebow will need the same sort of realization before he makes that decision.

NCTexan
05-01-2013, 01:09 PM
He really could be an excellent James Casey type of player. Maybe a few months on the free agent list will soften him up. I think Colin Klein made the switch because no one wanted to draft him as a QB. I think Tebow will need the same sort of realization before he makes that decision.

Klein made a switch? Last I saw he was brought in as a QB.

Coolhandsluke2
05-01-2013, 01:11 PM
The funny thing was when their QB McNear (something like 25 TD's and 3 INT's on the season) was asked about Tebow coming he said something akin to "that's great, I'm sure there are lots of things I can teach him about being a QB."

Yep forgot to include that, here's the quote.

The Beef's quarterback, James McNear, has led the team to a 5-1 start. He's completing 70 percent of his passes and has thrown for 21 touchdowns against just two interceptions.

McNear is anything but insulted by the Beef's wooing of Tebow.

"I think Tim can learn a lot from me," McNear said.

Thorn
05-01-2013, 01:19 PM
As long as that praying turd doesn't end up in a Houston uniform, I don't care. Gawd, I am so sick of his name. He has replaced Farve on my all time list of names I wish I could forget and never hear again.

The1ApplePie
05-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Eh..... I would imagine Tebow could beat out Blain Gabbert, Brady Quin, and maybe even John Skelton. All these guys started at least one game in 2012. There's some bad QB'ng out there.

There's going to be some rookie that will be forced into starting in 2013 & imo, they're not helping these kids out (if they aren't ready to start, if they're ready, they're ready).

Tebow wants to be a QB, let him be a QB. If they don't win, they don't win & Tebow will be forgotten like the hundreds of QBs that don't make it every year. All the while, groom your future starter, whether it be Geno Smith, or Ej Manuel.

Tyler Wilson will probably be asked to win a game or two in 2013...

I always got the impression that Elway/Fox put Tebow in to tank the season after it looked like the playoffs were a no-go. Instead Tebow went all "Springtime for Hitler" on them.

I know the common theory (from Tebow lovers) as to why Rex never put Tebow in was because he thought that the Jets might start winning, making him look bad for supporting Sanchez.

thunderkyss
05-01-2013, 03:42 PM
I know the common theory (from Tebow lovers) as to why Rex never put Tebow in was because he thought that the Jets might start winning, making him look bad for supporting Sanchez.

If Sanchez played well.... or even OK last year, I could buy the argument that Tebow had his chance & couldn't beat Sanchez out.... a fair/decent QB. But the way Mark Sanchez played, there's no way I can believe that Tebow was so bad he couldn't see the field.

All I'm saying is the man should get a fair shot, don't need any special offense for him. There will be some pitiful QBs playing next season, if they get a shot to prove what they can do.... Tebow should as well.

b0ng
05-02-2013, 09:42 PM
I'll post this here since this is the new Tebow thread

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/5/1/4282368/tim-tebow-cfl

August 17th, 2013.

June Jones was a good coach who just couldn't piece it all together in the NFL. That's not a big deal, few coaches can. I didn't really understand that until after I met with Coach June at that Toronto bistro.

American football fans think of the CFL as a joke, a necessarily lesser league, a sort of sawdust bin where the has-beens and busts of the NFL end up. It's not lesser. It's just ... a fundamentally different league. (They only have three downs, did you know that?) Getting used to how Canada did things was more of an adjustment for me.

There's obviously much more but it was an interesting read none the less.

EDIT: it's fiction, FYI

NCTexan
05-03-2013, 03:31 PM
I'll post this here since this is the new Tebow thread

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/5/1/4282368/tim-tebow-cfl

There's obviously much more but it was an interesting read none the less.

http://www.ski-epic.com/gifs/g007_citizen_kane_slow_clap.gif