View Full Version : 6th round Ryan Griffin TE Uconn

ArlingtonTexan
04-27-2013, 04:15 PM
well that is that

Thorn
04-27-2013, 04:17 PM
found this.

Analysis

STRENGTHS: Griffin passes the eye test with good size for the position. He has quick hands and length to extend and snatch the ball out of the air, using very good focus to adjust to off-target throws. Griffin does a nice job locating and going up to get it to bring it down, securing over-the-middle catches and showing natural ball skills.

He has good initial quickness and route agility, doing a nice job along the sideline to get his feet inbounds.

Griffin is an aggressive blocker in the trenches, blocking more physical and mean than several of his offensive line teammates at Connecticut. He gives up his body for the catch or block and plays with very good toughness, but also showing patience and discipline.

Griffin has a versatile skill-set, lining up inline, in the slot and in the backfield. He played on one of the worst-ranked offenses in FBS the past two seasons, but still managed to be productive as the only player with more than 1 receiving score in 2012.

WEAKNESSES: Griffin has a leaner-than-ideal frame and has room to add some more bulk. He is aggressive and tough, but lacks overpowering strength to always sustain blocks long enough. Griffin is more of a possession target and doesn't consistently do enough after the catch. He is still developing as a route runner and plays a little tight at times. Griffin has never been overly productive and didn't lead the team in catches in any of his four seasons in college.

COMPARES TO: Garrett Graham, TE, Houston Texans - Although overshadowed by Owen Daniels in Houston's offense, Graham is a reliable receiving threat who also gives good effort as a blocker. Griffin is probably more of a No. 2 TE like Graham, but can also step up and start if needed.

Playoffs
04-27-2013, 04:18 PM
13. RYAN GRIFFIN | Connecticut 6057|254 lbs |5SR Londonderry, NH (Londonderry HS) 1/11/1990 (age 23) #94

2012: (12/11) 29/484/6 PROJECTION: 5th Round
2011: (12/7) 33/499/3 MEASUREABLES: 6057 | 254 | 33” | 9 7-8" | 78 3-4”
2010: (13/8) 31/245/1 PRO DAY: 4.87 40-YD DASH | 1.68 10-YD | 21 REPS | 34.5” V | 9-10 BJ | 7.01 3C | 4.43 SS
2009: (11/10) 23/272/0
2008: Redshirted

STRENGTHS: Passes the eye test…quick hands and length to extend, using very good focus to adjust to off-target throws…nice job locating and going up to get it to bring it down with natural ballskills…good initial quickness and route agility…aggressive blocker in the trenches, playing more disciplined, physical and mean than several OL prospects...tough as nails and gives up his body for the catch or block…managed to be productive for an inconsistent offense and spotty QB play in college.

WEAKNESSES: Leaner-than-ideal frame and has room to add some more bulk and muscle…aggressive and tough, but lacks overpowering strength to sustain blocks long enough…more of a possession target and doesn’t consistently create enough after the catch…still developing as a route runner and plays a little tight and mechanical at times...was never overly productive in college and didn’t lead the team in catches in any of his four seasons in college…only 10 career TDs in 36 starts.

SUMMARY: Was set to play collegiate basketball before New Hampshire and Connecticut offered him a football scholarship...lacks overpowering strength as a blocker, but stays tenacious and square to hold up in pass pro and as a run blocker, earning praise from the coaching staff for his scheme versatility…strong hands and focus to catch everything thrown his way, making smooth adjustments and lining up everywhere on the offense…reliable target w ho projects as a No. 2 TE in the NFL.

Fili
04-27-2013, 04:19 PM
Good blocking TE.
Also I like this play for a TE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR7A_I4bP3I

Brandon420tx
04-27-2013, 04:19 PM
I can honestly say I like this one more than the Bonner pick

beerlover
04-27-2013, 04:20 PM
UCONN is a solid program, Texans double dipped.

Vinny
04-27-2013, 04:21 PM
Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield 27s
TE Ryan Griffin: 6-6, 261, 4.90. 4-year starter at UConn with 23+ catches every season

Goldensilence
04-27-2013, 04:26 PM
We'll, there's the token TE of the Texans draft.

Vinny
04-27-2013, 04:27 PM
We'll, there's the token TE of the Texans draft.
the CBS draft profile compared him to Garrett Graham. Not that this should excite you or anything. :pop:

76Texan
04-27-2013, 04:27 PM
Looks like a good all around prospect to groom.

Vinny
04-27-2013, 04:38 PM
Garrett Graham is in the final year of his contract.

Goldensilence
04-27-2013, 04:39 PM
the CBS draft profile compared him to Garrett Graham. Not that this should excite you or anything. :pop:

Tough crowd lol

Brandon420tx
04-27-2013, 04:54 PM
Garrett Graham is in the final year of his contract.

If the trend continues, GG will grab a few touchdowns this year and be an effective enough cog in our offense for some other team to offer him a nice contract, and every 2 years we will just plug in late round TE's to take that position

CloakNNNdagger
04-27-2013, 08:56 PM
Nice article on the young man.............with lots of interesting in-game screen shots to illustrate his play.

No-Huddle Series: UConn TE Ryan Griffin (http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2013/04/16/no-huddle-series-uconn-te-ryan-griffin/)

CloakNNNdagger
04-27-2013, 09:02 PM
Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield 27s
TE Ryan Griffin: 6-6, 261, 4.90. 4-year starter at UConn with 23+ catches every season

Don't know where Scurfield's getting his weight. He is listed at ~220 everywhere I've seen?

ArlingtonTexan
04-27-2013, 09:08 PM
Don't know where Scurfield's getting his weight. He is listed at ~220 everywhere I've seen?

There is tulane QB in the draft around that weight, but I have not seen the TE anywhere under 255

infantrycak
04-27-2013, 09:08 PM

There is a QB by the same name. Here is a site with the TE at 261 - Link (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=82838&draftyear=2013&genpos=te)

CloakNNNdagger
04-27-2013, 09:16 PM
There is tulane QB in the draft around that weight, but I have not seen the TE anywhere under 255

There is a QB by the same name. Here is a site with the TE at 261 - Link (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=82838&draftyear=2013&genpos=te)

Thanks, you guys are right. Obviously much more appropriate weight for a TE.

badboy
04-27-2013, 09:19 PM
If the trend continues, GG will grab a few touchdowns this year and be an effective enough cog in our offense for some other team to offer him a nice contract, and every 2 years we will just plug in late round TE's to take that positionI accept that scenario

Titans Sux 72
04-27-2013, 11:42 PM
Meh

76Texan
05-15-2013, 09:49 AM
Well, I've seen more tapes on Griffin and I have to downgrade his prospect a little bit; after all, he's a sixth round pick.

I finally found a scouting report that I agree with about his blocking.
It's still lacking in several aspects, especially for a big guy like him.

http://www.fanaticalyankee.com/6/post/2013/04/ryan-griffin-scouting-report-2013-nfl-draft1.html

Griffin really needs to improve in that area if he wants to make the team.
He looks capable; I don't know why the results weren't more consistent.
Guess that's why he's a sixth round pick.

beerlover
05-15-2013, 10:24 AM
Well, I've seen more tapes on Griffin and I have to downgrade his prospect a little bit; after all, he's a sixth round pick.

http://www.fanaticalyankee.com/6/post/2013/04/ryan-griffin-scouting-report-2013-nfl-draft1.html

replaces Supernaw on PS while Phillip should earn a roster spot.

Insideop
05-15-2013, 11:24 AM

Yeah, the Texans seem to be high on Supernaw, and there's no way we only go with 2 TE's like last year with the FB, Casey, being the 3rd. Of course they could go with 4 TE's, but then they lose another player somewhere else, like WR or OL. It will all come down to ST's and who can play ST's better.

HOU-TEX
05-15-2013, 11:41 AM

I doubt we'd try to send him to the PS with the chance of another team grabbing him.

thunderkyss
05-15-2013, 12:51 PM

Can you name any good blocking TEs in the league now?

I can't.

beerlover
05-15-2013, 01:06 PM
I doubt we'd try to send him to the PS with the chance of another team grabbing him.

Then he must be placed on active roster. I'll go with Supernaw for time being which is why TE wasn't on my draft list after 5th where you might feel that obligation.

The Pencil Neck
05-15-2013, 01:34 PM

Why would another team grab him? He doesn't appear to be that hot a commodity to me.

Rey
05-15-2013, 01:40 PM
Yeah...I wouldn't PS him either...

He's 6'6", big frame, good mobility and can catch.

I could easily see a team that's not deep at TE or has an injury picking him up.

The Pencil Neck
05-15-2013, 01:47 PM
Every year, we hold our breaths because we're sure that one of our later round picks or UDFAs can't possibly make it to the PS.

And then they do.

I'm not going to worry about this guy going to the PS until he tears it up in TC and puts some good tape out there in the preseason games.

Rey
05-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Every year, we hold our breaths because we're sure that one of our later round picks or UDFAs can't possibly make it to the PS

I don't worry about it every year and the only guy that I didn't want on the PS last year did get taken.

76Texan
05-15-2013, 02:31 PM
Can you name any good blocking TEs in the league now?

I can't.

I definitely cannot name them all because I don't pay enough attention to all of them all the time.

But I do compare their blocking with ours in the games the teams face each other.

The guys that I watched more to know for sure are Dreessen, and Garrett Graham.

Then there's a guy named Brandon Myers whom I wanted the Texans to draft over Anthony Hill for the exact reason.
At the time, when I "scouted" him, I mentioned on this board that I haven't enjoyed watching a college TE blocking like that for quite a while.
He wasn't utilized enough in the passing game, but IMO, does possess the ability.
He became a starter and recently signed a nice contract with the Giants.

Graham wasn't as good a blocker at Wisconsin, but he was pretty good.
In fact, his production was hindered because he was asked to block;
the other TEs just couldn't get the job done (if I remember correctly, Lance Kendrick was one of them who got drafted a year later.)

Toilolo (Stanford), for example, is a guy I think can bring good value due to his blocking skill to the pros (along with his underrated catching ability).

I have a few names in the pro, but I hesitate to name, because I don't watch them enough to confirm.

The Pencil Neck
05-15-2013, 02:44 PM
I don't worry about it every year and the only guy that I didn't want on the PS last year did get taken.

YOU might not worry about it every year but this board does.

Keenum can't go on the PS, he'll get taken. Didn't get taken. Eddie Pleasant can't go on the PS, he'll get taken. Didn't get taken. Arian Foster and Jeremiah Johnson can't go on the PS, they'll get taken. Didn't get taken. Brandon Frye can't go on the PS, he'll get taken. Didn't get taken. And so on and so on.

So... Grimes got taken. Eventually someone has to. Doesn't mean you're prescient about it.

Rey
05-15-2013, 02:52 PM
YOU might not worry about it every year but this board does.

Keenum can't go on the PS, he'll get taken. Didn't get taken. Eddie Pleasant can't go on the PS, he'll get taken. Didn't get taken. Arian Foster and Jeremiah Johnson can't go on the PS, they'll get taken. Didn't get taken. Brandon Frye can't go on the PS, he'll get taken. Didn't get taken. And so on and so on.

So... Grimes got taken. Eventually someone has to. Doesn't mean you're prescient about it.

I really don't care what the rest of the board worries about and neither should you as that has no effect on our individual opinions. It's about as irrelevant as it gets.

At this moment, without having seen any camp or pre-season, I'd bet against them PS Griffen. I believe he'd get taken.

But seeing that I wasn't worried about any of the guys you named, but the one guy that I was worried about was taken maybe I do have foresight.

Brandon420tx
05-15-2013, 02:59 PM
I really don't care if this guy makes the roster or not. Not worried about him making it to the Practice squad or not. If someone else wants to take him they can. As far as TE goes, I'm really only down on post injury Owen Daniels, I still don't think he's the same as he was before and I think he can be replaced for what he's commanding in salary.

thunderkyss
05-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Every year, we hold our breaths because we're sure that one of our later round picks or UDFAs can't possibly make it to the PS.

And then they do.

I get your point.

b0ng
05-15-2013, 04:45 PM
This guy is not making the final 53 unless he shows something in camp this year. The Texans are not going to keep every single draft pick from this year on the active roster.

Lucky
05-16-2013, 06:48 AM
Grimes wasn't good enough to stick with the Jets or the Texans, so what did it matter? Fringe players live going from the practice squad to the back end of rosters and back again. Not saying Griffin is a fringe player, because I've never seen him in a NFL uniform.

wildroot
05-16-2013, 07:09 AM
What's the difference if someone takes one of our players off our practice squad? There's 31 other PS's out there that we can grab a player off. Do you really think our PS is loaded down with so much better talent than the others? Really?

I look at it like we have our choice of 250 or so players from a talent pool of 32 PS's including our own if we're looking to move a player up. I wouldn't get to attached to our guys over the rest of the PS players...they're all borderline players that couldn't quite make their teams. If we need an O Lineman, we can sign the best one off any PS out there, but we have to move him to the 53 man roster, just like we'd have to do if we moved one of our own up.

The Pencil Neck
05-16-2013, 10:51 AM
Don't get me wrong, I want this guy to perform so well in TC and the pre-season games that we have to sign him to the 53.

But at this point, he's just a guy. Granted, he's just one of our guys so we want him to be a steal but still JAG at this point.

Playoffs
03-11-2014, 10:59 AM
Agree. Good re-reads below.

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
Ryan Griffin, 2014 breakout candidate. #Texans
Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler
Was a big fan of TE Ryan Griffin as a prospect, looks like he'll get his chance in Houston this season

Nice article on the young man.............with lots of interesting in-game screen shots to illustrate his play.

No-Huddle Series: UConn TE Ryan Griffin (http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2013/04/16/no-huddle-series-uconn-te-ryan-griffin/)

Window Shopping: TE Ryan Griffin (http://rotoviz.com/index.php/2013/11/window-shopping-te-ryan-griffin/)

msbbc833
03-11-2014, 11:53 AM
Saw Ryan Griffin working out at the 24 hr fitness in Rice Village about 3 weeks ago. Went up to him and asked "Are you Ryan Griffin?" and he said yes, and asked my name and shook my hand. He was surprised that someone recognized him. Very friendly though and real nic. I asked him if he was trying to be TE2 this year, and he said "I'm trying to be TE1!". Wish him the best.

bah007
03-11-2014, 12:55 PM
Was a big fan of Griffin in college and was pleased that we drafted him. I think he's the #1 TE on this roster within the next year.

El Tejano
03-11-2014, 01:01 PM
OD is gone so he definetly is the #2 right now.
TE just became a major need for us.

bah007
03-11-2014, 01:05 PM
I really think people are sleeping on Griffin. He's better than Graham. But I agree that we need to look for another TE somewhere with OD gone.

WolverineFan
03-11-2014, 01:11 PM
I really think people are sleeping on Griffin. He's better than Graham. But I agree that we need to look for another TE somewhere with OD gone.

I agree. I really like Griffin as well. I think we should sign a vet in FA and draft a TE in the mid-rounds.

HOU-TEX
03-11-2014, 01:14 PM

Better blocker, I agree. Better pass catcher, not yet imo

steelbtexan
03-11-2014, 01:17 PM
I agree. I really like Griffin as well. I think we should sign a vet in FA and draft a TE in the mid-rounds.

Griffin/Vet min Blocker/A.C. Leonard or Lyerla in the 5th = upgrading the TE position.

thunderkyss
03-11-2014, 05:02 PM
OD is gone so he definetly is the #2 right now.
TE just became a major need for us.

TEs currently on our roster:

Ryan Griffin
Phillip Supernaw
Brad Smelley
Zach Potter

It didn't even take him a year, He's already #1

aussie_texan
03-11-2014, 05:20 PM

Ryan Griffin
Phillip Supernaw
Brad Smelley
Zach Potter

griffin and a top 3/4 TE rookie will give us a good TE group for the future, not as bad then on first glance

CloakNNNdagger
03-11-2014, 05:25 PM

Ryan Griffin
Phillip Supernaw
Brad Smelley
Zach Potter

The Texans must feel good with Supernaw, in that he was reported to have signed a 3 year exclusive rights contract. Somewhat surprising since he had a foot stress fracture which by further reports shows no sign of being surgically paired. Another big man with a foot fracture. But this one not surgically attended to.

Marshall
03-11-2014, 05:54 PM
The Texans must feel good with Supernaw, in that he was reported to have signed a 3 year exclusive rights contract. Somewhat surprising since he had a foot stress fracture which by further reports shows no sign of being surgically paired. Another big man with a foot fracture. But this one not surgically attended to.

Unless there is an unusual problem, a stress fracture shouldn't need repair. Just time to heal. It must be common in big men since they place so much stress on their feet. My son had one and never missed a beat. He wore a boot for a couple of weeks and that was that. There was no long term consequence.

Lucky
03-11-2014, 06:33 PM
Is there any guaranteed money with a EFA? I think Supernaw has an uphill climb for a roster spot, especially if they draft a TE and re-sign Graham.

Brisco_County
03-11-2014, 08:07 PM

Do Supernaw and Quessenberry's injuries lend to any theories on equipment problems?

drs23
03-11-2014, 08:27 PM
Griffin/Vet min Blocker/A.C. Leonard or Lyerla in the 5th = upgrading the TE position.

Is his nose still bleeding? Don't sound like a McNair guy to me. Not denying his talent at all but Mr. Mc has his standards and hasn't really shown a propensity to deviate from them too far. Is that a sound philosophy? I can't make that call but I believe he's decided what his standards are and has stuck pretty closely to them. Is that the best way to win? You're on record as saying "No".

I've listened to the talking heads though that say we're a "Model Franchise".

Back to your stance though, does that make a winning franchise? Short term I'd agree with you: NO. Long term, different answer.

Guess we'll both find out who's perspective is the right one in the LONGER RUN.

Hang in there steelb. This team will make you proud to be a fan.

Sooner or later. :blowakiss:

steelbtexan
03-11-2014, 11:33 PM
Is his nose still bleeding? Don't sound like a McNair guy to me. Not denying his talent at all but Mr. Mc has his standards and hasn't really shown a propensity to deviate from them too far. Is that a sound philosophy? I can't make that call but I believe he's decided what his standards are and has stuck pretty closely to them. Is that the best way to win? You're on record as saying "No".

I've listened to the talking heads though that say we're a "Model Franchise".

Back to your stance though, does that make a winning franchise? Short term I'd agree with you: NO. Long term, different answer.

Guess we'll both find out who's perspective is the right one in the LONGER RUN.

Hang in there steelb. This team will make you proud to be a fan.

Sooner or later. :blowakiss:

Mr. Mc has shown a propensity to make $$$$. He hasn't shown a propensity for having a clue as how to build a winner. Hopefully BOB can change some of Mr.Mc's philosophies on how to build a winner over the next 8 yrs (Atleast) that Mr.Mc will give BOB to try to turn this franchise into a winning franchise.

ArlingtonTexan
03-12-2014, 01:03 AM
Is there any guaranteed money with a EFA? I think Supernaw has an uphill climb for a roster spot, especially if they draft a TE and re-sign Graham.

My understanding EFA is that they don't get signing bonus or anything that will count against the cap, but teams will give a few thousand either in an 'advance' or 'moving/living' bonus' for dudes to make through the off-season workouts and such. Same with the "futures" contract guys.

This is a I heard thing, versus I know thing, so I am open to being corrected and proven really wrong.

CloakNNNdagger
03-12-2014, 08:49 AM

According to Rotoworld:

12/27/2013: Signed a three-year, $1.335 million contract. 2014: $420,000, 2015: $510,000, 2016: Exclusive Rights Free Agent.

He has no signing bonuses. So it doesn't appear that anything is guaranteed. From Sportrac

Year........Base.....S. Bonus.......Misc......... Cap Hit..... Dead.....Guaranteed
2014........420,000-----0-----------0---------420,000------0------------0
2015........510,000-----0-----------0---------510,000------0------------0
2016........RFA

CloakNNNdagger
03-12-2014, 09:02 AM
Unless there is an unusual problem, a stress fracture shouldn't need repair. Just time to heal. It must be common in big men since they place so much stress on their feet. My son had one and never missed a beat. He wore a boot for a couple of weeks and that was that. There was no long term consequence.

Stress fractures of nonweight-bearing bones such as the fibula are commonly treated nonsurgically. Stress fractures of the foot can and are many times treated conservatively........if you an accountant. Stress fractures of the foot in athletes.......especially BIG athletes are virtually always treated surgically to avoid the high complication/non healing/recurrence/progression to future overt fracture rate.

CloakNNNdagger
03-12-2014, 09:06 AM
Do Supernaw and Quessenberry's injuries lend to any theories on equipment problems?

I brought that subject up last year, in light of all the ankle/foot/toe/lower leg(including calf strains) injuries. Somewhat suspect.

_King_
03-12-2014, 09:15 AM
I don't think Graham is coming back.

They signed that big TE, Still have Griffen...Cut OD...

I think they are going to draft another TE in this draft...

steelbtexan
03-12-2014, 09:20 AM
I don't think Graham is coming back.

They signed that big TE, Still have Griffen...Cut OD...

I think they are going to draft another TE in this draft...

Hopefully at 5-1 you will hear the name A.C. Leonard called, a big fast athletic TE in the Gates/Graham mold. This will represent a change in the Texans drafting philosophy.

Marshall
03-12-2014, 09:22 AM
Stress fractures of nonweight-bearing bones such as the fibula are commonly treated nonsurgically. Stress fractures of the foot can and are many times treated conservatively........if you an accountant. Stress fractures of the foot in athletes.......especially BIG athletes are virtually always treated surgically to avoid the high complication/non healing/recurrence/progression to future overt fracture rate.

I yield to your knowledge.

I do wonder if surgery in athletes might not be overdone though. While not an accountant, my son did well as a 6'7" 320 lb. guy on his feet a lot without surgery. But perhaps it was a minor bone in the foot as opposed to a more significant one.

bah007
03-12-2014, 11:56 AM
Hopefully at 5-1 you will hear the name A.C. Leonard called, a big fast athletic TE in the Gates/Graham mold. This will represent a change in the Texans drafting philosophy.

I'm 100% on board with Leonard in the 5th but I'm fairly certain you have his mold wrong.

Gates is 2 inches taller than Leonard and is a pure in-line TE with receiving ability. Graham is 5 inches taller and is more like a giant sized slot WR.

Leonard is neither of those and is only 6-2 252. That's not great size for a pro TE. He is very athletic though. His size and skill set are very similar to Aaron Hernandez. Which is fine. Leonard would fit here very well as the move TE while Griffin takes over as the Y.

steelbtexan
03-12-2014, 07:59 PM
Yep

For some reason I thought Leonard was 6'4.

My bad, guy can run, and has great hands. Was highly decorated coming out of HS.

bah007
03-12-2014, 09:30 PM
Yep

For some reason I thought Leonard was 6'4.

My bad, guy can run, and has great hands. Was highly decorated coming out of HS.

He's got a shot to be really good if he can keep his head on straight. I'd take a shot on him.

mussop
03-12-2014, 10:34 PM
Really looking forward to seeing griffin in this offense. I think he's going to explode in the next couple of years

Playoffs
06-06-2014, 04:22 PM
Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith
#Texans TE Ryan Griffin added 18 pounds since end of 2013 season. Expects to lose it all by end of 2014.

CloakNNNdagger
06-06-2014, 04:47 PM

275#s ????? Gotta wonder what his 5 second 40 now turns into. :cool:

Playoffs
06-06-2014, 05:44 PM
275#s ????? Gotta wonder what his 5 second 40 now turns into. :cool:

Turns him into a Y-Tight End. (And he ran 4.87 at his prp day. ;))

Vance87
06-06-2014, 06:03 PM
If he expects to lose it, was it all fat??

76Texan
06-06-2014, 06:07 PM

Why the end of 2014 and not sooner, I wonder? :thinking:

badboy
06-06-2014, 06:10 PM
Why the end of 2014 and not sooner, I wonder? :thinking:three pounds per month, no sweat. (pun intended).

CloakNNNdagger
06-06-2014, 06:18 PM
#Texans TE Ryan Griffin added 18 pounds since end of 2013 season. Expects to lose it all by end of 2014.

If he expects to lose it, was it all fat??

Very curious statement. If it were for muscle, you would expect that he (and O'brien) would want to maintain it. If it were fat, you would expect that he (and O'brien) would want to lose it much quicker that by the end of 2014. The only thing that might make sense is that the "expects to lose it" would be a facetious reference to the fact that he would be working so hard (because O'brien's heavy use of TEs) that it would be difficult to maintain the extra bulk through the season?

76Texan
06-06-2014, 06:21 PM
Very curious statement. If it were for muscle, you would expect that he (and O'brien) would want to maintain it. If it were fat, you would expect that he (and O'brien) would want to lose it much quicker that by the end of 2014. The only thing that might make sense is that the "expects to lose it" would be a facetious reference to the fact that he would be working so hard (because O'brien's heavy use of TEs) that it would be difficult to maintain the extra bulk?

I like your explanation, Doc.

badboy
06-06-2014, 06:22 PM
Very curious statement. If it were for muscle, you would expect that he (and O'brien) would want to maintain it. If it were fat, you would expect that he (and O'brien) would want to lose it much quicker that by the end of 2014. The only thing that might make sense is that the "expects to lose it" would be a facetious reference to the fact that he would be working so hard (because O'brien's heavy use of TEs) that it would be difficult to maintain the extra bulk through the season?
Perhaps it was suppose to read bu end of 2014 training camp?

76Texan
06-06-2014, 06:30 PM
three pounds per month, no sweat. (pun intended).

I think Foster would rather that Griffin doesn't sweat at all.

EllisUnit
06-06-2014, 06:40 PM

What happened i think was, they quit making Twinkies. Well when they began making them again, him like me went on a twinkie bing which is not good for an athlete, nor my bed room time with the old lady. But a man has to do what he has to do. That's my theory. :kitten:

V3rm0nt3r
06-08-2014, 06:53 PM
What happened i think was, they quit making Twinkies. Well when they began making them again, him like me went on a twinkie bing which is not good for an athlete, nor my bed room time with the old lady. But a man has to do what he has to do. That's my theory. :kitten:

I went through three boxes in two days when those were released. Here's to helping America win the race to be the first to issue government funded mobility scooters!:barman: