PDA

View Full Version : Ric Smith on radio at 4pm April 24th

badboy
04-24-2013, 04:45 PM
610 am radio to discuss draft. Don't expect to get much but will try to post what I get for those that cannot tune in.

Rey
04-24-2013, 04:47 PM
I believe they are just going to play what was recorded earlier today or yesterday...

I listened to the post interview and the press conference and there wasn't much of note...

badboy
04-24-2013, 05:00 PM
I believe they are just going to play what was recorded earlier today or yesterday...

I listened to the post interview and the press conference and there wasn't much of note...Oh, I just turned radio on and heard the blurb...Smith keeps things close to vest anyway but it is something of a "fix".

rush2112mn
04-24-2013, 05:22 PM
I wonder if he is going to tell us who the Texans are going to draft tommorrow?.......psych.....lol

badboy
04-24-2013, 05:28 PM
Was from a Vandermeer interview yesterday. sigh Scouts do good job and are consistent. Board doesn't change significantly unless medicals involved. Texans are not in position with glaring holes that they would have to draft based on need. Couple blurbs actually from Smith with radio guys commenting. Same old talk show fodder. Did say he goes back to scouting evaluation if looking at vets as free agents. Allow this thread to die.

BullBlitz
04-24-2013, 05:35 PM

I listened to the post interview and the press conference and there wasn't much of note...

Yes, typical Rick Smith interview.

Thorn
04-24-2013, 10:11 PM
I posted this here back in 2008. I think we had him nailed 5 years ago as to his interviews. My imaginary interview with Rick Smith:

Thorn: Rick, if the sky was a slightly paler shade of blue, how would that affect your outlook on draft prospects?

Rick Smith: Well, certainly we use a lot of tools in investigating our draft prospects, and sky color would certainly factor into that. But we try not to let any one thing be our only means of evaluation of talent.

Thorn: What kind of car do you own, Mr. Smith?

Rick Smith: I own several kinds of vehicles, and certainly no one of them can be more important than the other. All of them have to be driven at some point in time, so I try to drive them all as evenly as possible.

Thorn: Do you like Mexican food?

Rick Smith: I certainly enjoy dining out, and when making the decision on which restaurant to attend, we have a good staff being assembled right now to appraise those different choices.

Thorn: Have you ever had sex?

Rick Smith: I think procreation can definitely be considered when assessing a voting population; however its not always a primary concern.

Thorn: Thank you for the interview, Mr. Smith. Do you have any final thoughts?

Rick Smith: Im all for acquiring as many thoughts as possible for any possible situation, but well evaluate that during the process.

htownfan32
04-24-2013, 10:50 PM
I posted this here back in 2008. I think we had him nailed 5 years ago as to his interviews. My imaginary interview with Rick Smith:

MSR. :spit:

BullBlitz
04-25-2013, 10:11 AM

That captures him pretty well. But actually, I think he's gotten even worse since 2008.

Rey
04-25-2013, 10:34 AM

Well that was pretty much the interview in a nutshell.

The Pencil Neck
04-25-2013, 03:24 PM
That captures him pretty well. But actually, I think he's gotten even worse since 2008.

By "worse", you mean better, right?

I don't want a GM who gives out interviews and tells anyone what he's thinking. I want a GM that only says things that are jedi-mind tricks designed and crafted to confuse and befuddle the other GMs out there.

I think Smith is pretty good about that.

Thorn
04-25-2013, 07:10 PM
By "worse", you mean better, right?

I don't want a GM who gives out interviews and tells anyone what he's thinking. I want a GM that only says things that are jedi-mind tricks designed and crafted to confuse and befuddle the other GMs out there.

I think Smith is pretty good about that.

Yes, he is. :lol:

drs23
04-26-2013, 04:44 PM

That was some funny stuff there Thorn. I :lol: out loud. REP your way.