PDA

View Full Version : There's a reason Ed Reed won't put Houston over the top

handswarmer
03-24-2013, 01:18 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/clark-judge/21919324/theres-a-reason-ed-reed-wont-put-houston-over-the-top

I don't know what there is about the guy (Schaub), but something's missing. I just get the feeling that until or unless Houston finds someone else at quarterback the Texans aren't going farther than an early exit from the playoffs.

And last time I checked Ed Reed didn't play quarterback.

Schaub just can't make the plays that, say, Joe Flacco did last year or Eli Manning did the year before that. Both were Super Bowl MVPs, and check the list, people: The last four Super Bowl MVPs have been quarterbacks. That's because they're the guys who make the difference; not safeties, and especially not 35-year-old safeties nearing the finish line.

Ed Reed was a difference maker once; he's not a difference maker now. Houston is about to find out.

Brandon420tx
03-24-2013, 01:27 PM
You spend more time here than on your own board. You've spent 473 posts pushing your anti-Ed-Reed-to-another-team agenda. We get it. Go away. We also know Matt Schaubs limitations, waaaaayyyy better than you do. Leave our mediocre QB alone and go back to your overpayed but good QB.

paycheck71
03-24-2013, 01:34 PM
Schaub is a good, not great, but good QB. Would I like a better QB? Of course, who wouldn't. But I don't think it was Schaub who gave up 40+ points to Rodgers and Brady last year.

handswarmer
03-24-2013, 01:48 PM
You spend more time here than on your own board. You've spent 473 posts pushing your anti-Ed-Reed-to-another-team agenda. We get it. Go away. We also know Matt Schaubs limitations, waaaaayyyy better than you do. Leave our mediocre QB alone and go back to your overpayed but good QB.

Save it bud- I've got over 15,000 posts on a KC board, over 10,000 on a Ravens board.

I go where I want; Land of the Free and all....

handswarmer
03-24-2013, 01:49 PM
Schaub is a good, not great, but good QB. Would I like a better QB? Of course, who wouldn't. But I don't think it was Schaub who gave up 40+ points to Rodgers and Brady last year.

But Schaub couldn't get them back in the game either.

Brandon420tx
03-24-2013, 02:02 PM
You took an article that was 80% about Matt Schaubs' shortcomings but you only cared about 2 words in it: Ed and Reed. I read every single post in the Ed Reed thread. Your comments were worth looking into and after doing so I came to my own conclusion that you were extremely distraught about losing one of your favorite players and to compensate you have to accentuate any flaws he may or may not have. While I didn't care whether he came to Houston or not because there were pros and cons to either outcome, he will now be playing for the Texans so your petty little vendetta gets on my nerves. We don't need another Ed Reed thread at this time when we have a perfectly suitable one one thread down already.

As for that awful article. No one thinks that Ed Reed joining the Texans will fix what's wrong with the offense. The fact that the author attempts to make a connection between to the two is sad. He is obviously making his deadline by using a somewhat high profile event to open the door for his opinion on the Texans offense so he can file it away and reference it whenever he gets a chance to say "Look I told you so!" So anytime Ed Reed or Matt Schaub have a bad game or get injured you can look forward to another Clark Judge article so you can come back here and once again push your agenda.

Cheers!
I gotta football game to go play

Goatcheese
03-24-2013, 02:05 PM

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but the Texans and Ravens both scored 28 points against the Patriots.

If the Raven's defense gave up a fortyburger, nobody gives a crap about Joe Flacco today unless they're making articles about how he can't get it done because something is missing.

paycheck71
03-24-2013, 02:05 PM

So, the expectation out of your QB/offense is to score 45+ points to win? That's completely unrealistic unless you do have a Rodgers or a Brady as your QB. Schaub was doing just fine for the first 2/3ds of last season, and then regressed terribly. We'll just have to see what happens next season. They can't just go and find a HOF QB on the street. They have to work with the one they have. But they did go and find a HOF safety, which they believe makes their team better. That article makes very little sense, comparing apples to oranges and offering no solutions. Lazy writing if you ask me.

Thorn
03-24-2013, 02:11 PM
Lessor QBs than Schaub have won a Super Bowl, but they certainly weren't the MVP. We can win a Super Bowl with Schaub, but a lot of other pieces have to fit together for it to happen.

HouSportsWriter
03-24-2013, 02:14 PM

Week 7

People forget how well Schaub did. I think Schaub is a top five QB. Our O - line went to crap.

Passing Leaders
BAL C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS
Flacco 21/43 147 3.4 1 2 4-26
HOU C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS
Schaub 23/37 256 6.9 2 0 2-17

This is with the ravens defense healthy and the game was at Baltimore

dream_team
03-24-2013, 02:26 PM
I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but the Texans and Ravens both scored 28 points against the Patriots.

If the Raven's defense gave up a fortyburger, nobody gives a crap about Joe Flacco today unless they're making articles about how he can't get it done because something is missing.

Ding ding ding! Winner! Thanks for great responses.

hollywood_texan
03-24-2013, 02:36 PM

If the offense maintains long sustaining drives and scores touchdowns, that makes the job of the defense easier.

The NFL has organized its rules to bring about high scoring games and protecting the QB, that is a fact. Therefore, any offense better perform well in order to limit the opportunities that an opposing marquee QB has in any game.

The main issue I saw regarding the games against the Patriots and the Packers was a poorly designed and conservative offensive game plan that relied on the defense to keep those games low scoring.

In my opinion, the Texans would get more wins with Kubiak being more creative and utilizing the pieces he has more effectively than expecting the defense to keep the scoring of games in the low teens.

EllisUnit
03-24-2013, 02:53 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/clark-judge/21919324/theres-a-reason-ed-reed-wont-put-houston-over-the-top

I don't know what there is about the guy (Schaub), but something's missing. I just get the feeling that until or unless Houston finds someone else at quarterback the Texans aren't going farther than an early exit from the playoffs.

Schaub just can't make the plays that, say, Joe Flacco did last year or Eli Manning did the year before that. Both were Super Bowl MVPs, and check the list, people: The last four Super Bowl MVPs have been quarterbacks. That's because they're the guys who make the difference; not safeties, and especially not 35-year-old safeties nearing the finish line.

Ed Reed was a difference maker once; he's not a difference maker now. Houston is about to find out.

Thread would of had a lot more credibilty had it not been started by a Ravens fan. I saw this article a few days ago, but i dont buy it.

Although Schaub is a weak link, you should know that Teams can win the Superbowl with a So So QB. Hence Trent Dilfer and yalls 2000 title.

handswarmer
03-24-2013, 02:59 PM
You took an article that was 80% about Matt Schaubs' shortcomings but you only cared about 2 words in it: Ed and Reed. I read every single post in the Ed Reed thread. Your comments were worth looking into and after doing so I came to my own conclusion that you were extremely distraught about losing one of your favorite players and to compensate you have to accentuate any flaws he may or may not have. While I didn't care whether he came to Houston or not because there were pros and cons to either outcome, he will now be playing for the Texans so your petty little vendetta gets on my nerves. We don't need another Ed Reed thread at this time when we have a perfectly suitable one one thread down already.

As for that awful article. No one thinks that Ed Reed joining the Texans will fix what's wrong with the offense. The fact that the author attempts to make a connection between to the two is sad. He is obviously making his deadline by using a somewhat high profile event to open the door for his opinion on the Texans offense so he can file it away and reference it whenever he gets a chance to say "Look I told you so!" So anytime Ed Reed or Matt Schaub have a bad game or get injured you can look forward to another Clark Judge article so you can come back here and once again push your agenda.

Cheers!

Hey, they have medication for that itch you have whenever you read one of my posts.

Scooter
03-24-2013, 03:05 PM

this. matt schaub certainly has his shortcomings, but it wasn't schaub that couldnt keep pace with the patriots and packers - it was our defense. most notably on defense was the lack of a roaming (and reliable) centerfielder to make quarterbacks second guess that deep ball. the same position also takes a lot of blame for the colts loss. cushing and ed reed against the patriots means possible advancement more than a minor upgrade at quarterback would.

handswarmer
03-24-2013, 03:06 PM
Week 7

People forget how well Schaub did. I think Schaub is a top five QB. Our O - line went to crap.

Passing Leaders
BAL C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS
Flacco 21/43 147 3.4 1 2 4-26
HOU C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS
Schaub 23/37 256 6.9 2 0 2-17

This is with the ravens defense healthy and the game was at Baltimore

Really> Healthy? That's about as an accurate statement as you saying the game was in Baltimore. Didn't know Reliant Stadium was this far north....

'The Ravens (5-2), meanwhile, missed star linebacker Ray Lewis, who was placed on injured reserve this week with a torn triceps. Terrell Suggs, last year's defensive player of the year, saw his first action since undergoing surgery on his right Achilles tendon last May. Suggs sacked Schaub in the first quarter and finished with three solo tackles.

Otherwise, Baltimore's defense seemed overmatched without Lewis and cornerback Lardarius Webb, who were placed on injured reserve this week. Safety Ed Reed, who acknowledged this week that he's been playing with a torn labrum in his right shoulder, left in the fourth quarter with a chest injury. Reed said he felt fine after the game."

Healthy.....

handswarmer
03-24-2013, 03:08 PM
Thread would of had a lot more credibilty had it not been started by a Ravens fan. I saw this article a few days ago, but i dont buy it.

Although Schaub is a weak link, you should know that Teams can win the Superbowl with a So So QB. Hence Trent Dilfer and yalls 2000 title.

Credibility based on a fans allegiance? LOL Sure.

Your defense is no where in the same solar system as the Ravens of 2000- so you can forget about that approach.

Wait, the Bears tried that with Rex Grossman a few years ago and you see how that worked out for them....

djohn2oo8
03-24-2013, 03:19 PM
If the offense maintains long sustaining drives and scores touchdowns, that makes the job of the defense easier.

The NFL has organized its rules to bring about high scoring games and protecting the QB, that is a fact. Therefore, any offense better perform well in order to limit the opportunities that an opposing marquee QB has in any game.

The main issue I saw regarding the games against the Patriots and the Packers was a poorly designed and conservative offensive game plan that relied on the defense to keep those games low scoring.

In my opinion, the Texans would get more wins with Kubiak being more creative and utilizing the pieces he has more effectively than expecting the defense to keep the scoring of games in the low teens.
This.

Kubiak wore out the defense by calling conservative plays that led to consistent 3 and outs.

infantrycak
03-24-2013, 03:24 PM
Lessor QBs than Schaub have won a Super Bowl, but they certainly weren't the MVP. We can win a Super Bowl with Schaub, but a lot of other pieces have to fit together for it to happen.

Putting Schaub aside I don't think lots of QB's should have gotten all those MVP's. Boldin was clearly the MVP IMO for instance. You could even make an argument for Jacoby (that hurt to type).

The Texans O had a better TOP than the Ravens O to get the same number of points. You're just making excuses for the D with good sounding generalizations.

TexCanada
03-24-2013, 03:26 PM
Reed may not put the Texans over the top, but we know with certainty that he won't be puting the Ravens over the top anymore either.

That article is awful. We are all fully aware that Reed doesn't improve us at the QB position.

Wolf
03-24-2013, 03:36 PM
If Dilfer can win a super bowl. So can Schaub.

Granted the Ravens defense was historically good that year

handswarmer
03-24-2013, 03:49 PM

What does comparing scoring against a common opponent do? Nothing really.

If's and buts were hickory nuts....

EllisUnit
03-24-2013, 03:52 PM
Credibility based on a fans allegiance? LOL Sure.

Your defense is no where in the same solar system as the Ravens of 2000- so you can forget about that approach.

Wait, the Bears tried that with Rex Grossman a few years ago and you see how that worked out for them....

Considering the fan is of a team whos HOF Safety we just signed. Makes it look like u are trying to make yourself feel better is all i'm saying.

And yes but Schaub is way better than Difler ever was, so it kinda evens out.

rolyat93
03-24-2013, 03:53 PM
Doooooonnnnnn''''tttt cccccaaaaarrrrreeeee

handswarmer
03-24-2013, 03:56 PM

You realize that the Texans Defense gave up more than TWICE as many points this past year as the Ravens defense in 2000?

The Texans defense of 2012 would have ranked 17th in Total Points allowed during the 2000 Season...average instead of 9th...

2012 Texans Defense was pretty good- but it doesn't hold a candle to that 2000 Ravens team so lets forget the Dilfer comparisons when it comes to Schaub.

Wolf
03-24-2013, 03:56 PM
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2013/0112/20130112__rahim-moore-broncos-ravens-TD-011213~p1_300.jpg

Only reason there is a conversation about flacco

Football Gods smiled on the ravens in one desperate play or they would have been one and done.

However my hats are off to the Flacco and the Ravens. For making the most of it and defeating two first ballot HOF quarterbacks in a single playoff run

infantrycak
03-24-2013, 03:58 PM

Not that you were attempting to do this but equating Schaub to Dilfer is whack. Dilfer averaged 136 ypg on the SB run. He couldn't hit the side of a barn and if he did get it near someone it was just as likely to be the opposing team than his own (actually over his career more likely to be the opposing team). They are not similar QB's in any regard.

Wolf
03-24-2013, 03:59 PM
You realize that the Texans Defense gave up more than TWICE as many points this past year as the Ravens defense in 2000?

The Texans defense of 2012 would have ranked 17th in Total Points allowed during the 2000 Season...average instead of 9th...

2012 Texans Defense was pretty good- but it doesn't hold a candle to that 2000 Ravens team so lets forget the Dilfer comparisons when it comes to Schaub.

You realize the Texans offense has been ranked very highly over the last few years ?

The Texan defense doesn't have to be historically good
Why not compare? Dilfer, like Schaub, is a game manager. Both realistically arent going to take over a game? Texans need Schaub to keep the turnovers down and move the ball a bit

Wolf
03-24-2013, 04:00 PM
Not that you were attempting to do this but equating Schaub to Dilfer is whack. Dilfer averaged 136 ypg on the SB run. He couldn't hit the side of a barn and if he did get it near someone it was just as likely to be the opposing team than his own (actually over his career more likely to be the opposing team). They are not similar QB's in any regard.
Exactly, I was just meaning that anything is possible

handswarmer
03-24-2013, 04:02 PM
Considering the fan is of a team whos HOF Safety we just signed. Makes it look like u are trying to make yourself feel better is all i'm saying.

And yes but Schaub is way better than Difler ever was, so it kinda evens out.

I'll go as far as agreeing that Schaub us better than Dilfer.

Not sure what you are implying here; he will be a HOF Safety; he left chasing some $$, his play was declining and his constant offseason "will he retire or won't he?" wears thin after awhile....I am sad to see him leave for his legacy sake but won't miss his missed tackles and gambling in the backend.

rolyat93
03-24-2013, 04:02 PM
2012 texans defense was pretty good- but it doesn't hold a candle to that 2000 ravens team

breaking news

fiasco west
03-24-2013, 04:03 PM

What about the 2013 Texans defense then?

Since adding Ed Reed is a move meant to improve the teams defense and the comment about needing a 'So-so' QB applies then.

Even so, Schaub is more than 'so-so'

handswarmer
03-24-2013, 04:05 PM
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2013/0112/20130112__rahim-moore-broncos-ravens-TD-011213~p1_300.jpg

Only reason there is a conversation about flacco

Football Gods smiled on the ravens in one desperate play or they would have been one and done.

However my hats are off to the Flacco and the Ravens. For making the most of it and defeating two first ballot HOF quarterbacks in a single playoff run

Reason we are discussing Matt Schaub

http://youtu.be/LEKJZxalrEc

handswarmer
03-24-2013, 04:13 PM
What about the 2013 Texans defense then?

Since adding Ed Reed is a move meant to improve the teams defense and the comment about needing a 'So-so' QB applies then.

Even so, Schaub is more than 'so-so'

Adding an aging veteran, even if he is a GOAT, wouldn't take the 2013 Texans down to 10 pts a game...

Not with the rule changes, focused spending on Offense, year round 7 on 7 passing camps....

Nope.

EllisUnit
03-24-2013, 04:33 PM
Adding an aging veteran, even if he is a GOAT, wouldn't take the 2013 Texans down to 10 pts a game...

Not with the rule changes, focused spending on Offense, year round 7 on 7 passing camps....

Nope.

Since u mention this, when the ravens had that defense in 2000 the NFL was a different game. Prob wouldnt of been as dominant in todays Passing NFL.

Wolf
03-24-2013, 04:44 PM

Ok. 2010.

Well all I will say is Flacco and Schaub had comparable stats last year.
Flacco obviously with the bigger arm.

I hope your ravens keep having playoff Flacco and not reg season Flacco

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating

infantrycak
03-24-2013, 04:50 PM

Not really since that play wouldn't even exist if Schaub hadn't led a 21 point comeback including 5 scoring drives in a row with back to back 99 yd and 95 yd TD drives on "one of the league's best defenses."

Goatcheese
03-24-2013, 04:54 PM
What does comparing scoring against a common opponent do? Nothing really.

If's and buts were hickory nuts....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ELFl2_1q7DI/TObn1HnV2fI/AAAAAAAAAaQ/5JkvAtpbv7k/s1600/Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

The NFL was a completely different animal in 2012 than it was in 2000. DBs could mug a receiver all the way down the field in 2000 and people called it tough, physical football. Now, a receiver runs over a DB and they throw a flag for defensive pass interference.

There are also a lot more quality QBs now than there were back then.

2000 (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_YARDS&tabSeq=0&season=2000&experience=&Submit=Go&archive=true&conference=null&statisticCategory=PASSING&qualified=false)
2012 (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&statisticCategory=PASSING&season=2012&seasonType=REG&experience=&tabSeq=0&qualified=false&Submit=Go)

You don't have to go very deep into the 2000 list before you're talking about journeymen.

michaelm
03-24-2013, 05:04 PM
Reed was on a defense that won a championship less than two months ago, so saying he can't be part of a championship defense is freakin ludicrous.

hollywood_texan
03-24-2013, 05:05 PM
The Texans O had a better TOP than the Ravens O to get the same number of points. You're just making excuses for the D with good sounding generalizations.

I don't know what TOP means. Is is it some statistic?

I am merely commenting on what I see with own eyes and using my brain to figure out what is going on.

Against Green Bay in the first half, the offense couldn't get a drive going and therefore fell behind quickly because Rogers got hot quickly. Essentially, the same thing happened against the Patriots in the regular season matchup.

Then in the playoffs, the Texans get a great kickoff return and the offense cannot punch it in for a touchdown. I didn't watch the second half of the Patriots playoff game because I was tired of seeing the same thing repeatedly occurring.

Maybe there are statistics, like the TOP you are referring to, that demonstrate that the Texans offense is more productive than what I can explain with my own words. But the key is being the most productive when it counts the most.

The truth is, the Texans offense struggles when it matters the most and I don't think any statistic can capture that.

Wolf
03-24-2013, 05:08 PM
Top=time of possession

76Texan
03-24-2013, 05:30 PM
I don't know what TOP means. Is is it some statistic?

I am merely commenting on what I see with own eyes and using my brain to figure out what is going on.

Against Green Bay in the first half, the offense couldn't get a drive going and therefore fell behind quickly because Rogers got hot quickly. Essentially, the same thing happened against the Patriots in the regular season matchup.

Then in the playoffs, the Texans get a great kickoff return and the offense cannot punch it in for a touchdown. I didn't watch the second half of the Patriots playoff game because I was tired of seeing the same thing repeatedly occurring.

Maybe there are statistics, like the TOP you are referring to, that demonstrate that the Texans offense is more productive than what I can explain with my own words. But the key is being the most productive when it counts the most.

The truth is, the Texans offense struggles when it matters the most and I don't think any statistic can capture that.
Truth is a lot of high-powered offense struggled when it mattered the most: usually when they lost the SB. Heck some even struggled in a SB win as well.

Brandon420tx
03-24-2013, 05:42 PM
I'm not going to get in a pissing contest with a forum troll. For one thing he will always have to have the last word, and for another we already know what he's all about. His posts are going to be 80% tearing down Ed Reed like a vindictive ex-girlfriend who was scorned 10% defending Joe Flacco's contract, and 10% insulting Matt Schaub. C'est la vie

Jules Winnfield
03-24-2013, 06:05 PM

It just utterly boggles my mind how people keep referring to Trent Dilfer when making arguments about how Matt Schaub is good enough to win the superbowl.

TRENT DILFER IS THE EXCEPTION NOT THE RULE!!!!!!

My god, what do you think gives you a better chance of winning the superbowl?

A Trent Dilfer level qb or a Brady,Peyton, Rogers, Brees level qb? How about the next tier of elite qbs like Big Ben, Eli, Flacco, Romo type of qbs? Schaub IMO is after that second tier. Above average to average.

Is the degree of difficulty harder to win the superbowl with an average qb or elite and above?

Stop referring to Trent Dilfer. That is a sorry argument. That is not the norm. What I dont like from the front office and more importantly from the fanbase is YOU DONT EVEN WANT TO TRY TO LOOK FOR A BETTER QB OPTION.

You guys act all content and act like its so hard to find someone better than schaub. At least start looking and not wait until schaub eventually sucks it up again or gets injured.

With schaub as your qb, you have to have everything almost perfect to compensate for your qb play. You have to have perfect oline, have to have a running game, you have to have defense, you have to have everything. With an elite superstar qb, you dont have to have everything perfect. A great qb can hide some of your weaknesses.

What do you think is easier to accomplish?

Getting a great qb or getting everything else perfect to support your weak link qb?

ESAD2-14
03-24-2013, 06:06 PM
Funny thing is, handswarmer, your negative commentary/view on Ed Reed (the current version) is akin to what ours is/was on Jacoby Jones. We watched him 50/50 it here and fail to step up when given the chance for a number of years. You have got to watch Reed under perform the past few years, comparatively speaking from his previous astronomically good years. Perhaps Reed does come to Houston and does make difference, and that his tank is not on empty or perhaps it is. We won't know until the season ends. I do not think you will find many that will say that the addition of Reed means a Superbowl for Houston. Schaub cratered the back end of the season last year, we all know he needs to improve if the Texans have any chance of making it to the Superbowl. Not sure if your trying to play the antagonist by posting articles such as this or not. Honestly I wish that the Texans would have held on to Quin, but am not sad that they were able to obtain Reed.

76Texan
03-24-2013, 06:32 PM
Jules, it's not that cut-and-dry, man.
You assume too much.

We can go over the history of the SB and you would see that it's far from the "normalcy" you think it's been.

Schaub's performance in the game against the Pats has a decent chance of winning a SB game. Many QBs who won the SB didn't make a name for himself until he won a SB. Many big-time QBs didn't play well. Some relied on the run game; some relied on the defense; some both.

Wolf
03-24-2013, 06:57 PM
It just utterly boggles my mind how people keep referring to Trent Dilfer when making arguments about how Matt Schaub is good enough to win the superbowl.

A Trent Dilfer level qb or a Brady,Peyton, Rogers, Brees level qb? How about the next tier of elite qbs like Big Ben, Eli, Flacco, Romo type of qbs? Schaub IMO is after that second tier. Above average to average.

Is the degree of difficulty harder to win the superbowl with an average qb or elite and above?

Stop referring to Trent Dilfer. That is a sorry argument. That is not the norm. What I dont like from the front office and more importantly from the fanbase is YOU DONT EVEN WANT TO TRY TO LOOK FOR A BETTER QB OPTION.

You guys act all content and act like its so hard to find someone better than schaub. At least start looking and not wait until schaub eventually sucks it up again or gets injured.

With schaub as your qb, you have to have everything almost perfect to compensate for your qb play. You have to have perfect oline, have to have a running game, you have to have defense, you have to have everything. With an elite superstar qb, you dont have to have everything perfect. A great qb can hide some of your weaknesses.

Getting a great qb or getting everything else perfect to support your weak link qb?

Well if there was a franchise QB , then that...but there isn't so you build around what you have.

Also I guess you conveniently missed the part where I mentioned the Texans just need Schaub to game manage as did the Ravens with Dilfer or even RS Flacco (regular season)
But keep the Schaub hate going, because there isn't going to be a franchise worthy QB late I the first round or in the Texans reach

EllisUnit
03-24-2013, 07:01 PM

After reading a lot of your posts, how you got that many rep points rather boggles my mind.

Thorn
03-24-2013, 07:02 PM
I don't care how good your QB is, if all he has to throw to is AJ and a one horse running game in Foster, he isn't going to be a whole let better than Schaub. Yes, we do need a better QB than Schaub, but we also need another WR or two and a few more pieces to the line. And Tate to do his damn job.

Playoffs
03-24-2013, 07:08 PM
After reading a lot of your posts, how you got that many rep points rather boggles my mind.

And he re-registered from a different account that had even less. :lol:

Titans Sux 72
03-24-2013, 07:27 PM
Really> Healthy? That's about as an accurate statement as you saying the game was in Baltimore. Didn't know Reliant Stadium was this far north....

'The Ravens (5-2), meanwhile, missed star linebacker Ray Lewis, who was placed on injured reserve this week with a torn triceps. Terrell Suggs, last year's defensive player of the year, saw his first action since undergoing surgery on his right Achilles tendon last May. Suggs sacked Schaub in the first quarter and finished with three solo tackles.

Otherwise, Baltimore's defense seemed overmatched without Lewis and cornerback Lardarius Webb, who were placed on injured reserve this week. Safety Ed Reed, who acknowledged this week that he's been playing with a torn labrum in his right shoulder, left in the fourth quarter with a chest injury. Reed said he felt fine after the game."

Healthy.....

Nice! Going to the injury card.

Ok I'll play.

I'll see your Webb and raise you a Cushing.

As far as ray "the Killa" Lewis. Really is not a loss at that time of the year.

That's all the injuries the ratbirds had.

Suggs played 31 plays that game and as you stated had an sack. So he was a positive.

So don't come in here playing the injury card. Y'all got smoked!

EllisUnit
03-24-2013, 07:29 PM

Ok I'll play.

Suggs played 31 plays that game and as you stated had an sack. So he was a positive.

They wouldnt accept they beat us last year just cause we had a 3rd string QB. And still barley won. No talking to them either way we are wrong haha

Titans Sux 72
03-24-2013, 07:30 PM

Your right Schaub is not lucky enough to have a Denver safety go brain dead and let Jacoby go Lynn swann on the Broncos.

Oh but that was all Flacco. Lol

Titans Sux 72
03-24-2013, 07:35 PM
Need I bring up Rices 4 th down run against the Chargers that got you into the play offs.

Look congrats to the Ravens they won it all fair and square but Flacco had nothing to do with both of those 2 pivotal plays.

Luck yes. Talent no.

Playoffs
03-24-2013, 07:37 PM
And last time I checked Ed Reed didn't play quarterback...

Dude, you're the quintessential 'crybaby winner' of forum trolls. http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/Soizic22/a%20smilie/laugh-1.gif

A life ... get one. http://vz.iminent.com/vz/7bcb319b-977e-4330-856e-5085fe30d356/2/scram-gesture.gif (http://vz.iminent.com/vz/7bcb319b-977e-4330-856e-5085fe30d356/2/scram-gesture.gif)

ObsiWan
03-24-2013, 07:38 PM

ummm... every QB you have listed, with the exception of Flacco, won the same number of playoff games or fewer - if they even MADE the PLAYOFFS - as Matt Schaub. If they're so fabulous, why didn't they do better in the playoffs??

And, although it bugs most people around here to say it out loud, Flacco wouldn't have his ring if not for Jacoby Jones. The Ravens won the Super Bowl by 3 pts. Once the SF defense woke up, they shut Flacco & co down, holding them to 6 pts in the second half. Had Jacoby not run back that KO for a TD, they would have lost.

Did I mention Jacoby took an underthrown ball - that he had to fall down to catch - and turned it into a TD? They should have split the MVP between Boldin and Jones. Flacco had no business being MVP of that game.

There, I said it.

infantrycak
03-24-2013, 07:43 PM
Need I bring up Rices 4 th down run against the Chargers that got you into the play offs.

A play call which a lot of fans around here would have called idiotic...except it worked.

False Start
03-24-2013, 07:43 PM
The OP sounds like an ex-boyfriend that is bitter that his girlfriend broke up with him, and runs around running her name down. :cry2: :hankpalm:

Titans Sux 72
03-24-2013, 07:50 PM
A play call which a lot of fans around here would have called idiotic...except it worked.

Rather be lucky than good. Signed Joe Flacco.

Titans Sux 72
03-24-2013, 08:20 PM
It's funny that we as Texans fans know that Schaub is limited in his abilities and a national story comes out and a ratbirds fan comes in here to regergitate it. Really? And water is wet.

It is what it is. Gotta roll with what we got.

So hand in pants or author of the article. what should have the Texans have done? Not signed old man Reed and gone out and picked up a QB in FA better than Schaub?

Or draft a rookie QB better than Schaub?

Dude the Texans are fallowing the book written by the Ravens circa 2000. Build a defense that hides the deficiencies of the offense.

htowntexans1985
03-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Maybe Reed will take you back Handswarmer....http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/bouquet/t4422.gif

DBCooper
03-24-2013, 08:25 PM
*Yawn*

Is it draft day yet?

BullNation4Life
03-24-2013, 08:34 PM

one huge difference between Schaub and Flacco and Manning, this was Schaub's FIRST playoff appearance...

Go look at what Flacco and Eli did in their FIRST playoff appearance, I save you the trouble, they did squat. Oh and guess what, talking heads were saying the EXACT same thing about Flacco and Manning 3-4 years ago, that they couldn't get their team to the promise land.... hmmm....

You keep spewing your drivel about the Texans, we will keep believing. Oh and enjoy you last Super Bowl win for the next 7-10 years because your high-maintenance QB just gutted your team to put coin in his pocket...

GP
03-24-2013, 08:37 PM

Agreed.

Handswarmer, you've gone too far. Thanks for visiting, and even though you COULD be potentially correct in your assertions and statements, there's a level of dooshery that you've now accomplished.

We get it, your team is smart and our team is dumb. Personally, I hope your team goes 6-10 the next decade.

I had positive rep'd you a few weeks back. But you've turned into a bit of an asshat all of a sudden, particularly since the news that we were interested in Ed Reed began a few weeks ago. I think everyone makes the easy connection here.

Texn4life
03-24-2013, 08:45 PM
I saw this post this morning and thought it was funny. Its like a girl trying to convince herself that the guy she broke up with is a loser now and she never really wanted him in the first place. I know I personally don't care to talk about my ex's but whatever helps you sleep at night girl.

False Start
03-24-2013, 08:56 PM
The OP sounds like an ex-boyfriend that is bitter that his girlfriend broke up with him, and runs around running her name down. :cry2: :hankpalm:

I saw this post this morning and thought it was funny. Its like a girl trying to convince herself that the guy she broke up with is a loser now and she never really wanted him in the first place. I know I personally don't care to talk about my ex's but whatever helps you sleep at night girl.

Brilliant minds think alike. :cool:

steelbtexan
03-24-2013, 08:58 PM

Repped

This is why I've been an it's time to fix the offense guy. It also wouldn't hurt if Gary didn't go into turtle mode when his team has a lead in the 2nd half.

I'm not a Gary hater, but see areas the he needs to improve.

Titans Sux 72
03-24-2013, 09:16 PM
Agreed.

Handswarmer, you've gone too far. Thanks for visiting, and even though you COULD be potentially correct in your assertions and statements, there's a level of dooshery that you've now accomplished.

We get it, your team is smart and our team is dumb. Personally, I hope your team goes 6-10 the next decade.

I had positive rep'd you a few weeks back. But you've turned into a bit of an asshat all of a sudden, particularly since the news that we were interested in Ed Reed began a few weeks ago. I think everyone makes the easy connection here.

I could give 2 Shiites about him being here. Freedom of the inter web. But you WILL get called out when need be.

Reed is not gonna solve the Texans problems but he's gonna improve them.
Only a butt hurt fan would come complaining about his ex girlfriend. Lol

This same article could have been written the past two years about Flacco. Lol

Hervoyel
03-24-2013, 09:45 PM
"Teams" win in the playoffs. Teams also win Super Bowls. individual players take over games against lesser opponents but in the playoffs there are no lesser opponents really and so it becomes exclusively a contest to determine which team can overcome their opponents and the inherent adversity in the game. You can win a Super Bowl without a great QB, or without a running game, or without a great defense. You can win a Super Bowl without any of probably a dozen or more "pieces" as long as you have a team that does something very well and that comes together at that moment when it either must do so or fall apart.

Your chances are better with better talent but it really isn't about achieving perfection or having 22 Pro Bowlers starting for you. Talent isn't going to get all that much better for the Texans no matter who we go out and sign. We have talent and we are deep enough and been drafting talent long enough to demonstrate that the organization can find the players it needs. Ed Reed's contribution to this team will be hit or miss throughout the season. If he's still standing and can be mostly the Ed Reed we all want him to be come playoff time then that, along with what he brings to that "Learning to be a Pro" thing that Gary puts so much emphasis on will be everything we could ask. We'll try to draft a young Ed Reed either this year or in the next year or two but as good as Glover Quin was (and he was pretty darn good) he was never going to lead that secondary. The Texans secondary was talented but lacked a truly special player last season who could lead. Joseph, Jackson, Reed, and Manning are as good a secondary as you could ask for. There's really nothing to discuss about it. I'd stack those four up against any secondary in the league today.

Matt Schaub will never be an elite QB but he doesn't have to be. I'd like to see the Texans move on from the Schaub era but if it continues for a few more years the situation isn't hopeless. We're building an epic defense and restocking it every year. It's not like teams haven't been successful going that route.

Texanmike02
03-24-2013, 09:52 PM

This.

Mike

stingray
03-24-2013, 09:59 PM
I don't know why you guys keep feeding this troll. The guy has limited football knowledge and ALWAYS HAS TO HAVE THE LAST WORD.

Vance87
03-24-2013, 10:00 PM

Healthy.....

:kubepalm:

He was talking about the 2011 game, hence the IT WAS AT BALTIMORE part.

Titans Sux 72
03-24-2013, 10:20 PM
:kubepalm:

He was talking about the 2011 game, hence the IT WAS AT BALTIMORE part.

So Webb was injured in 2011?

Suggs was recovering from an torn Achilles in 2011?

Ray Lewis tore his triceps in 2011?

DocBar
03-24-2013, 10:43 PM
Didn't read the whole thread, but the main reason is that Reed doesn't play QB. This team only goes as far as Schaub can take them. That seems to be the divisional round.

Norg
03-24-2013, 11:22 PM
If flacco can do it my gwad Schaub can do this .......... LOL texanpride

Norg
03-24-2013, 11:28 PM
u no what else flacco proved that QB's other then Manning Big ben and brady can win Championships

Brees and Rodgers don't count since they proved well hell there just flat out better then Brady and manning and Flacco .. but hey its a team game when it comes to them

ArlingtonTexan
03-25-2013, 12:04 AM
I don't know why you guys keep feeding this troll. The guy has limited football knowledge and ALWAYS HAS TO HAVE THE LAST WORD.

The some of masses are tired feeding our trolls that we have come to love because they are our trolls.

EVOLVIST
03-25-2013, 12:41 AM
Jules, it's not that cut-and-dry, man.
You assume too much.

We can go over the history of the SB and you would see that it's far from the "normalcy" you think it's been.

Schaub's performance in the game against the Pats has a decent chance of winning a SB game. Many QBs who won the SB didn't make a name for himself until he won a SB. Many big-time QBs didn't play well. Some relied on the run game; some relied on the defense; some both.

Thank you! - Signed,

Terry Bradshaw

HOU-TEX
03-25-2013, 10:26 AM
*Yawn*

Is it draft day yet?

I feel the same

I wasn't a huge fan of the Reed signing, other than the fact he seems like a great dude. Once the contract numbers leaked I felt a lot better. Either way, I can't wait to see the D on the field with him and other new additions with Watt, Cush, Smith, J-Jo, K-Jax and young Reed.

El Tejano
03-25-2013, 10:28 AM
All I'm going to say, and Ravens fans should know what I mean, is....Trent Dilfer!!! Who was the Super Bowl MVP in that Super Bowl?

GP
03-25-2013, 11:10 AM
I like how Ravens Fan says to us:

Ed Reed won't matter because he's not a QB and you have QB problems

Yet Ravens Fan doesn't realize that his team losing EIGHT starters (not 2nd stringers, by the way, s-t-a-r-t-e-r-s) and signing Elvis Dumervil doesn't help them cope with the loss of EIGHT starters, most of which were on defense at key positions that are now vacant of talent and veteran leadership.

Personally, even though we have a QB problem, our roster is more talented and more solid and experienced than the Ravens' roster is now. What they lost, eight starters, cannot be made up by the signing of Dumervil. I'd rather have our problems than the Ravens' problems.

Might not win a ring, and frankly that the Ravens lucked their way into a SB title and now there's little trolls acting like they are truly "the best" and how Ed Reed is suddenly garbage and is washed up, makes me laugh. I guess when you win a ring you get to point to it and make fun of others...even when that time is gone and a new season is emerging right around the corner.

That's why I hope the Ravens go on a streak of like 6+ seasons of having a middle-of-the-record record, something like 6-10 or 8-8 so that they don't make the playoffs but they also don't get a high draft pick. And then let's see how much money Flacco is worth. And how it hamstrings what they can do for the next few seasons.

Cyclical. Everything comes around.

TexansBlood
03-25-2013, 11:36 AM

Yet Ravens Fan doesn't realize that his team losing EIGHT starters (not 2nd stringers, by the way, s-t-a-r-t-e-r-s) and signing Elvis Dumervil doesn't help them cope with the loss of EIGHT starters, most of which were on defense at key positions that are now vacant of talent and veteran leadership.

Personally, even though we have a QB problem, our roster is more talented and more solid and experienced than the Ravens' roster is now. What they lost, eight starters, cannot be made up by the signing of Dumervil. I'd rather have our problems than the Ravens' problems.

Might not win a ring, and frankly that the Ravens lucked their way into a SB title and now there's little trolls acting like they are truly "the best" and how Ed Reed is suddenly garbage and is washed up, makes me laugh. I guess when you win a ring you get to point to it and make fun of others...even when that time is gone and a new season is emerging right around the corner.

That's why I hope the Ravens go on a streak of like 6+ seasons of having a middle-of-the-record record, something like 6-10 or 8-8 so that they don't make the playoffs but they also don't get a high draft pick. And then let's see how much money Flacco is worth. And how it hamstrings what they can do for the next few seasons.

This.

Ravens fans are just butthurt right now, after winning the SB they dismatled the team and know they are going to struggle for the next yrs especially with that huge contract they gave Flacco.

Denver, Patriots and Houston are the top teams, followed by Cincy and Colts. Steelers Ravens are teams of the past.

b0ng
03-25-2013, 12:47 PM

Cheers!

http://sportsargumentwiki.com/images/9/9d/Flowchart.png

Pretty much explains handswarmer's thinking process on the Ed Reed signing.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 12:55 PM
http://sportsargumentwiki.com/images/9/9d/Flowchart.png

Pretty much explains handswarmer's thinking process on the Ed Reed signing.

LOL!

Trap_Star
03-25-2013, 02:27 PM
Donnie Jones just signed a one year deal with the Eagles because he knows Ed Reed will be a cancer in the Texans locker room. - handwarmer

80tothezone
03-25-2013, 04:09 PM

[I]I don't know what there is about the guy (Schaub), but something's missing. I just get the feeling that until or unless Houston finds someone else at quarterback the Texans aren't going farther than an early exit from the playoffs.

I want to see schaub with 2 good wide outs. All those other guys have 2 deep threats we have Andre then Daniels and dumps to foster. That is the entire passing game for the texans. We need a good #2 WR, I don't know why we didn't go after one in FA.

handswarmer
03-25-2013, 04:11 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ELFl2_1q7DI/TObn1HnV2fI/AAAAAAAAAaQ/5JkvAtpbv7k/s1600/Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

The NFL was a completely different animal in 2012 than it was in 2000. DBs could mug a receiver all the way down the field in 2000 and people called it tough, physical football. Now, a receiver runs over a DB and they throw a flag for defensive pass interference.

There are also a lot more quality QBs now than there were back then.

2000 (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_YARDS&tabSeq=0&season=2000&experience=&Submit=Go&archive=true&conference=null&statisticCategory=PASSING&qualified=false)
2012 (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&statisticCategory=PASSING&season=2012&seasonType=REG&experience=&tabSeq=0&qualified=false&Submit=Go)

You don't have to go very deep into the 2000 list before you're talking about journeymen.

For the record, I did not bring up the 2000 defense and Dilfer- someone else did. I merely responded to it.

handswarmer
03-25-2013, 04:20 PM

Ok I'll play.

The poster I was answering went to the injury card by stating "You were healthy and the game was in Baltimore"

We weren't healthy. Period.

And the game was not in Baltimore.

And I never said we didn't get our asses kicked. It was a butt whupping.

handswarmer
03-25-2013, 04:23 PM

Look congrats to the Ravens they won it all fair and square but Flacco had nothing to do with both of those 2 pivotal plays.

Luck yes. Talent no.

You need to watch more than ESPN

handswarmer
03-25-2013, 04:25 PM
Dude, you're the quintessential 'crybaby winner' of forum trolls. http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/Soizic22/a%20smilie/laugh-1.gif

A life ... get one. http://vz.iminent.com/vz/7bcb319b-977e-4330-856e-5085fe30d356/2/scram-gesture.gif (http://vz.iminent.com/vz/7bcb319b-977e-4330-856e-5085fe30d356/2/scram-gesture.gif)

I hope you realize that I did not write that line- it was in the article?

But whatever, dude- been called worse. You got me. Really you did. The emoticon set me over the edge and I cannot go on....

handswarmer
03-25-2013, 04:35 PM
Agreed.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Positive Rep is be all end all?

Wow.

HouTx11
03-25-2013, 04:37 PM
My take on this. I did not read every reply, so if all of this has already been covered earlier in this thread then my apologies:

I do believe that if Trent Dilfer or Joe Flacco can lead a team to the Super Bowl, than it is definitely possible for Matt Schaub to do so also, but everyone else on the team from the front office all the way down to the waterboy had better be on their A game in order to get it done!

Matt Schaub is a good QB, but he is not a great QB. He can lead the team to a point, but don't expect him to always be the one to do the heavy lifting! Other players (not just blaming a Jacoby Jones or a Kevin Walter) HAVE to step up!!!!

Having said all that, it wasn't all luck that helped the Ravens win the Super Bowl. Teams have to play the game for 60 minutes, and the Broncos and Pats did NOT! The Ravens had the heart and the determination to win it more so than the Broncos or the Patriots did! If we are gonna bring luck into this, a valid point could be made that it was because of bad luck that the Ravens weren't in the Super Bowl last year as well!

It wasn't all skill, though, that got the Ravens in. Things might have been different for the Ravens had they faced the Pats in Foxboro for the divisional playoff game as opposed to the AFC title game. The Pats had more time to prepare for the Texans than they did against the Ravens. The luck of timing probably did play into the Ravens' hands a bit.

michaelm
03-25-2013, 04:45 PM
Don't say I didn't warn you.

Positive Rep is be all end all?

Wow.

Back on topic, I can say I understand where you're coming from regarding Reed's diminished athleticism, but I still think for at least next season, it is a net positive for the Texans.
Let me emphasize that I do not believe the Reed acquisition puts the team over the hump to getting a trophy.
I would've been happy if the deal didn't happen, providing that they used the money for a legit improvement, but I still think Reed can bring some positives to the team on and off the field.
I honestly think this acquisition was more about building a culture of winning than anything. Bob wants to emulate a few different franchises, and Baltimore is one of them for good reason.
I think the FO wanted to bring someone into the locker room who has a history of winning, of playing big in big games, and making clutch plays.
The Texans are a talented team, but when the chips were down, they wilted. They seriously withered when the lights were brightest, and Reed has a reputation for doing the exact opposite pretty much, right?

handswarmer
03-25-2013, 04:47 PM

You don't get it. Now you act like a 13 yr old on a team that has never won anything and you want to put the voodoo curse on a successful team. This is almost laugh out loud stuff.

Not a whole lot of you do get it in this forum. This has to contain some of the more lower information fans I have come across. a lot of you simply do not pay attention to anything outside of your own micro-cosm there in Texan-land.

I met some Texans fans at the playoff game last year in Baltimore; really cool people who understand the game. I asked them about this site and they said they didn't post on any message board. Guess that should have told me.

handswarmer
03-25-2013, 04:53 PM
My take on this. I did not read every reply, so if all of this has already been covered earlier in this thread then my apologies:

I do believe that if Trent Dilfer or Joe Flacco can lead a team to the Super Bowl, than it is definitely possible for Matt Schaub to do so also, but everyone else on the team from the front office all the way down to the waterboy had better be on their A game in order to get it done!

Matt Schaub is a good QB, but he is not a great QB. He can lead the team to a point, but don't expect him to always be the one to do the heavy lifting! Other players (not just blaming a Jacoby Jones or a Kevin Walter) HAVE to step up!!!!

Having said all that, it wasn't all luck that helped the Ravens win the Super Bowl. Teams have to play the game for 60 minutes, and the Broncos and Pats did NOT! The Ravens had the heart and the determination to win it more so than the Broncos or the Patriots did! If we are gonna bring luck into this, a valid point could be made that it was because of bad luck that the Ravens weren't in the Super Bowl last year as well!

It wasn't all skill, though, that got the Ravens in. Things might have been different for the Ravens had they faced the Pats in Foxboro for the divisional playoff game as opposed to the AFC title game. The Pats had more time to prepare for the Texans than they did against the Ravens. The luck of timing probably did play into the Ravens' hands a bit.

I will say this: to compare Schaub to Dilfer as a QB and equate their chances of winning a SB is a worn out cliché- the game has changed.

handswarmer
03-25-2013, 04:59 PM
Back on topic, I can say I understand where you're coming from regarding Reed's diminished athleticism, but I still think for at least next season, it is a net positive for the Texans.
Let me emphasize that I do not believe the Reed acquisition puts the team over the hump to getting a trophy.
I would've been happy if the deal didn't happen, providing that they used the money for a legit improvement, but I still think Reed can bring some positives to the team on and off the field.
I honestly think this acquisition was more about building a culture of winning than anything. Bob wants to emulate a few different franchises, and Baltimore is one of them for good reason.
I think the FO wanted to bring someone into the locker room who has a history of winning, of playing big in big games, and making clutch plays.
The Texans are a talented team, but when the chips were down, they wilted. They seriously withered when the lights were brightest, and Reed has a reputation for doing the exact opposite pretty much, right?

All I did was post an article from a national writer- a blog.

I have been saying for the last 3 years around my friends that Ed is declining- I have watched too many times where Ed #1- is running backwards trying to tackle a guy by his shoulder pads or goes for a big hit instead of wrapping up and whiffs and #2- is caught guessing and leaves the CB on an island....

His leaving is nowhere near to personal for me. I root for the team, I do not wear another man's name across my back.

handswarmer
03-25-2013, 05:00 PM
Donnie Jones just signed a one year deal with the Eagles because he knows Ed Reed will be a cancer in the Texans locker room. - handwarmer

Now you are writing untruths. You should stop now.

Tesuns
03-25-2013, 05:07 PM
Look at the teams that were rumored to try to get Reed with 49ers, Patriots and Colts. We may not go over the top, but we have a better chance with him than without. Every starter for the secondary idolizes him, it is almost like they got a renewed sense of playing in Houston. Andre will look forward to spending days with him, he also will have a resurgence by playing longer with Texans. Don't forget that Barry Sanders and Robert Smith quit their team because of dealing with the SOS. If Reed had stayed with Ravens, he probaly would not play more than 1 season. Here, he will be working with new system, new teammates, importantly gaining new fans. Reed will be energize like an incoming freshman, but with skills and respect. We got better this offseason.

michaelm
03-25-2013, 05:08 PM

I have been saying for the last 3 years around my friends that Ed is declining- I have watched too many times where Ed #1- is running backwards trying to tackle a guy by his shoulder pads or goes for a big hit instead of wrapping up and whiffs and #2- is caught guessing and leaves the CB on an island....

His leaving is nowhere near to personal for me. I root for the team, I do not wear another man's name across my back.

That's cool, and I don't debate any of that, but I'm not one of the people questioning your motives. I just wanted to give you my perspective regarding the acquisition, and get your thoughts. Your response didn't really address anything I said, though.

HouTx11
03-25-2013, 05:12 PM
I will say this: to compare Schaub to Dilfer as a QB and equate their chances of winning a SB is a worn out cliché- the game has changed.

Not trying to make a comparison except to say that like Schaub, Dilfer was nothing too special.

Schaub is by no means perfect, but he can help the Texans win the Super Bowl if (yes a big IF) he has the right group of players around him and some luck.

handswarmer
03-25-2013, 05:17 PM
Not trying to make a comparison except to say that like Schaub, Dilfer was nothing too special.

Schaub is by no means perfect, but he can help the Texans win the Super Bowl if (yes a big IF) he has the right group of players around him and some luck.

Schaub is light years ahead of Dilfer as a QB- regardless of players around him.

Playoffs
03-25-2013, 05:21 PM
For the...
The poster...
You need...
I hope you....Don't say...
You don't...
I will say...
All I did...
Now you...

... just in case I haven't worn out my welcome I'll go ahead and post 9 times in a row. :bravo:

handswarmer
03-25-2013, 05:23 PM
That's cool, and I don't debate any of that, but I'm not one of the people questioning your motives. I just wanted to give you my perspective regarding the acquisition, and get your thoughts. Your response didn't really address anything I said, though.

Sorry- I went off on a tangent.

Having Ed there to bring leadership and help build a winning culture means that it wasn't there or it existed in small batches. That is the only caution I would issue; when a team changes philosophy (HC, GM and Key personnel) then you can institute a new culture. Not sure that adding a few pieces will- not saying it can't, but usually it is passed on from teammates after it is already established.

Ed does his own thing in the off-season. Maybe he changes that this year to help out the new team, maybe not...

We will see.

handswarmer
03-25-2013, 05:27 PM
... just in case I haven't worn out my welcome I'll go ahead and post 9 times in a row. :bravo:

My apologies- I do like to answer every person that responds to me. That's what a discussion is about, no? Back and forth exchange of thoughts and ideas?

I wasn't on for a day or so; had to plow some snow up here.

I swear this board is full of more etiquette freaks than football fans.

And here I thought Chief fans were whiners, cryers and complainers about internet message boards.

:overreact:

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
03-25-2013, 05:27 PM
All I'm going to say, and Ravens fans should know what I mean, is....Trent Dilfer!!! Who was the Super Bowl MVP in that Super Bowl?

Ray Lewis was Super Bowl MVP.

thunderkyss
03-25-2013, 06:56 PM

Yet Ravens Fan...

I'm glad you guys are finally seeing this ratbird troll for what he really is.

I don't have a problem talking football with fans of other teams. But this guy isn't looking for discussion, he's looking for someone to stroke his ratbird.

Double Barrel
03-25-2013, 06:59 PM
And here I thought Chief fans were whiners, cryers and complainers about internet message boards.

You're wondering where that proverbial line in the sand is at, aren't ya'?...

Attack the content of posts, not the posters. Your broad brush might drop paint on someone not as lenient next time.

thunderkyss
03-25-2013, 07:09 PM

Not to mention Schaub has been a better QB than Flacco over the last 3-4 years. Forget Dilfer. If Flacco can win a Super Bowl.... & be MVP, so can Schaub.

& trust me when I say I'm not a Schaub fan, I'm just not going to forget his level of play vs Joe Flacco's (or Matty Ice for that matter).

GP
03-25-2013, 07:57 PM
You don't get it. Now you act like a 13 yr old on a team that has never won anything and you want to put the voodoo curse on a successful team. This is almost laugh out loud stuff.

Not a whole lot of you do get it in this forum. This has to contain some of the more lower information fans I have come across. a lot of you simply do not pay attention to anything outside of your own micro-cosm there in Texan-land.

I met some Texans fans at the playoff game last year in Baltimore; really cool people who understand the game. I asked them about this site and they said they didn't post on any message board. Guess that should have told me.

No, I get it. I mis-read who you ARE. My bad.

I "thought" you were better than what you really are.

I'm not acting like anything other than a person who feels pretty stupid for having thought you could exist here and be a good visitor. I guess early on you were just playing the "nice" card, but since we got interested in your man, Ed Reed, and you had to watch EIGHT of your team's starters bolt, you turned into a colossal troll around here.

I think you're just pissed off that your team is about to be pretty average all of a sudden. And that's fine, but come on...telling me I'm acting like a 13-year-old? Heh. I have never in the course of my 10+ years of posting here felt the need to rattle off 9 consecutive posts like you have.

You're funny. Like a clown. You amuse us.

Lurvinator11
03-25-2013, 08:08 PM
I have never in the course of my 10+ years of posting here felt the need to rattle off 9 consecutive posts like you have.

Well, to be fair GP, some of your posts can be about the equivalent of 9 posts.

:kitten:

handswarmer
03-25-2013, 08:25 PM
I'm glad you guys are finally seeing this ratbird troll for what he really is.

I don't have a problem talking football with fans of other teams. But this guy isn't looking for discussion, he's looking for someone to stroke his ratbird.

So here is a guy wanting to talk football then uses the words troll and ratbird in the same post.

What's next? Boogey eater?

handswarmer
03-25-2013, 08:30 PM
No, I get it. I mis-read who you ARE. My bad.

I "thought" you were better than what you really are.

I'm not acting like anything other than a person who feels pretty stupid for having thought you could exist here and be a good visitor. I guess early on you were just playing the "nice" card, but since we got interested in your man, Ed Reed, and you had to watch EIGHT of your team's starters bolt, you turned into a colossal troll around here.

I think you're just pissed off that your team is about to be pretty average all of a sudden. And that's fine, but come on...telling me I'm acting like a 13-year-old? Heh. I have never in the course of my 10+ years of posting here felt the need to rattle off 9 consecutive posts like you have.

You're funny. Like a clown. You amuse us.

Why do you insist that I am angry? Especially about my teams moves in the offseason? I tried to tell you how it is with Ed Reed, you misinterpreted that as me 'hating' on him or 'getting pissed off'...

If anything, the moves Ozzie Newsome has made will only make our team stronger in the long run. And as far as the Posting etiquette goes, are you Emily Dickinson now too?

See here's the rub; someone says a harsh or biting comment to me, I respond in kind and all of a sudden I am a troll...whatever dude.

Hey since I am 100% German, maybe I can start calling you the Post Nazi and thereby limit the ability to consecutively post......

handswarmer
03-25-2013, 08:32 PM
You're wondering where that proverbial line in the sand is at, aren't ya'?...

Attack the content of posts, not the posters. Your broad brush might drop paint on someone not as lenient next time.

Then maybe some of the so called venerable statesmen of posters in here should have their 'content' examined.

Texan_Bill
03-25-2013, 08:34 PM
Thanks everyone..... *ahem* especially (or more accurately) 'Handswarmer"!!! And I didn't think my headache could get any worse!!

:gun:

handswarmer
03-25-2013, 08:35 PM
Not to mention Schaub has been a better QB than Flacco over the last 3-4 years. Forget Dilfer. If Flacco can win a Super Bowl.... & be MVP, so can Schaub.

& trust me when I say I'm not a Schaub fan, I'm just not going to forget his level of play vs Joe Flacco's (or Matty Ice for that matter).

Statistically Schaub has been better than Flacco over the last couple of years; both blow away Dilfer.

But I am not sure that Schaub could go on a roll like Flacco did to end a season. Only Joe Montana has equaled that roll.

Titans Sux 72
03-25-2013, 09:22 PM

"Around my friends"

Lol. Whispering. Not too loud. Now that he is a raven no more ill shout it loud. Especially on the Texans forum. Lol

Monday morning QB at its finest.

Good luck with Jacoby as your number 2 WR. YOUR GONNA NEED IT.

DBCooper
03-25-2013, 09:38 PM
And this one time at band camp, I stuck a flute in my handswarmer.......

Scooter
03-25-2013, 10:01 PM
But I am not sure that Schaub could go on a roll like Flacco did to end a season. Only Joe Montana has equaled that roll.

schaub was on a 16-1 run at over the past two seasons, putting up top 3 points ... he can most certainly go on a tear. had he the ravens' defense from the start, instead of our insanely bad defense (and merely average this year as you pointed out), it's pretty easy to argue that he'd have had similar or greater post season success than flacco.

after all, both teams put up 28 on the patriots ... one went home and one went to the superbowl.

Brandon420tx
03-25-2013, 10:35 PM
"Around my friends"

Lol. Whispering. Not too loud. Now that he is a raven no more ill shout it loud. Especially on the Texans forum. Lol

Monday morning QB at its finest.

Good luck with Jacoby as your number 2 WR. YOUR GONNA NEED IT.

We've all known JJ had potential to be a #2. He just didn't start putting it together until he was offended by the fans of Houston not wanting him in town anymore. The last year we brought him back it was for him to take the #2 spot away from KW, and he didn't. It took running him out of town for him to focus on being a receiver, now there is a high possibility it works out for the Ravens. I'd say 70-30

GP
03-25-2013, 10:44 PM
Well, to be fair GP, some of your posts can be about the equivalent of 9 posts.

:kitten:

Yeah, but I get 'er all in one take!

:cowboy1:

Brandon420tx
03-25-2013, 10:46 PM
That's what she said

handswarmer
03-26-2013, 06:20 AM
We've all known JJ had potential to be a #2. He just didn't start putting it together until he was offended by the fans of Houston not wanting him in town anymore. The last year we brought him back it was for him to take the #2 spot away from KW, and he didn't. It took running him out of town for him to focus on being a receiver, now there is a high possibility it works out for the Ravens. I'd say 70-30

No one I know as a fan of the Ravens expects JJ to be the $2- Boldin was in that role now its u to the younger guys like Doss, Thompson, Reed to step up.'

JJ is the PR and KO Returner with some WR thrown in- is another fast guy to move coverages from Torrey Smith and DPitta.

Scooter
03-26-2013, 06:57 AM

you got a mouse in your pocket? i dont know who "we" is, because it's debatable that jacoby is capable of being a #3. as handswarmer stated, he's not there to be a major receiver - he's simply outside speed and a returner.

Double Barrel
03-26-2013, 03:26 PM
Then maybe some of the so called venerable statesmen of posters in here should have their 'content' examined.

If you ever feel a poster is out of line, there is an anonymous way to let us know. Click the link at the bottom of the specific post and an admin/mod will definitely give it a looksie.

I do wonder, though, with such a horrible membership that is apparently this forum in your perspective, why do you continue to bless us with your presence?

Btw, I have nothing against you, so this is not part of some subversive agenda. You've gotten a little redundant about a couple of Ravens-related subjects, but that's something that most of us have done at some point.

HouTx11
03-26-2013, 04:01 PM
Schaub is light years ahead of Dilfer as a QB- regardless of players around him.

So you agree that Schaub could get it done. Awesome! /thread

Dread-Head
03-26-2013, 04:12 PM

Schaub just can't make the plays that, say, Joe Flacco did last year or Eli Manning did the year before that.

Flacco got lucky and succeded despite his mediocrity. Next season will prove that, but you'll have a billion reasons why the carrion didn't make the playoffs from the front office to bad officiating. Your team got lucky. Deal with it. Do I think Schaub is AS if not MORE mediocre than your boy Flacco? YUP!

Both were Super Bowl MVPs, and check the list, people: The last four Super Bowl MVPs have been quarterbacks. That's because they're the guys who make the difference; not safeties, and especially not 35-year-old safeties nearing the finish line.

Ed Reed was a difference maker once; he's not a difference maker now. Houston is about to find out.[/I]

:thinking: you know you can use the juice from those sour grapes to make some damn good vinegar. I'm NOT a fan of Mr. Reed, but I have to admit he's the 2nd best safety in the game of football. If your mediocre QB wasn't suffering delusions of adequacy (which will be PROVEN) next season your team would still have Reed and several other players who can and DO make a difference. The Carrion are a DEFENSIVE team whose average offense got them to a superbowl win. Your two defensive captains are now GONE and I BELIEVE that Bolden (the go to receiver) was cut to pay Flacco's "I'm better than Brady" salary.

Next season your team with suck harder than a pretty young girl in LA with newly installed implants who realizes that porno is the ONLY way she'll make it in the film industry. And YES I WILL be that muff-hugga saying "I told you so" until I'm hoarse come the play offs.

Dutchrudder
03-26-2013, 04:19 PM
If you ever feel a poster is out of line, there is an anonymous way to let us know. Click the link at the bottom of the specific post and an admin/mod will definitely give it a looksie.

I do wonder, though, with such a horrible membership that is apparently this forum in your perspective, why do you continue to bless us with your presence?

Btw, I have nothing against you, so this is not part of some subversive agenda. You've gotten a little redundant about a couple of Ravens-related subjects, but that's something that most of us have done at some point.

Because now that Ed Reed is gone, he doesn't have anyone to belittle to make himself feel better than everyone else. Didn't you hear? He's a great and powerful poster over on a Chiefs board! Check out his latest topic:

Handswarmer

Posted Yesterday, 04:36 PM
I've been on this board since March of 2004 before the Big Crash and made a lot of friends on here.

Sure there are still the ones who hate me or dislike me but I generally get along with most people in here.

for that I say "thanks".

I've been a Houston Texans board lately- joined 2 years ago when they came to play us in the playoffs-and since now Ed Reed signed there, I went back for a visit last week.

On a general level; What a bunch of low information, stupid, blatantly dis-honest, sniveling little whining *******s. One would gather that the Internet doesn't get out of the Houston area. The ignorance of the rest of the NFL is rampant, even their knowledge of division and conference foes is limited.

I felt like the guy on the AT&T commercials sitting at the table with the pre-schoolers.

http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forum/index.php?showtopic=35669&st=0&p=530824&#entry530824

TexansBlood
03-26-2013, 04:42 PM
^ He crossed the line. Ban handwarmer plz.

Lurvinator11
03-26-2013, 05:17 PM
Everyone neg rep HW and report him please.

I've seen Titan fans post better content about us than him. He just goes out of his way too, to make a point about it, on another forum. Not even the Ravens forum. That's bull****.

Lurvinator11
03-26-2013, 05:22 PM
Another forum I go to has a lot of native Texans there and basically what ive found out is they dont know much about the world outside of Texas. They all pretty much think the sun rises and sets on there asses. They argue there BBQ is the best although they admit they have never tried any other ( it isnt bad id just never tell them that) and there is no other beer than Shiner or Lone Star. If football is played anywhere outside of the borders of Texas it isnt football in there minds. They come to tears at the slightest mention of Sam Houston and Davy Crockett and the Alamo. And the Cowboys are always on the verge of a Superbowl win.

Ive no problem with ya Hands your a pretty good dude it seems. I give ya a little ribbing with Ray Ray one of my most hated players ever but he is gone history so there is nothing to dislike on the Raven's untill we play ya.

**** this guy too! Can't even use the right form of their, and he thinks we are dumb??

Man I'm ****ing pissed off now!

Double Barrel
03-26-2013, 05:24 PM
Because now that Ed Reed is gone, he doesn't have anyone to belittle to make himself feel better than everyone else. Didn't you hear? He's a great and powerful poster over on a Chiefs board! Check out his latest topic:

http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forum/index.php?showtopic=35669&st=0&p=530824&#entry530824

Wow...that's...just...wow...with 'friends' like that, 'eh? :loser

I think he's done here. At least if he's got any sense he's done here. And if he's not done here, then the troll accusations are obviously truth. There is no other reason to converse with, what was it?...oh yeah, "a bunch of low information, stupid, blatantly dis-honest, sniveling little whining *********s" than to troll them.

Texn4life
03-26-2013, 05:33 PM
What a little beeeeootch!!!! "Oh, let me run over to the Chiefs board and talk about the Texans fans over there."

I laughed when first read the thread and laughing even harder now.

Dutchrudder
03-26-2013, 05:34 PM
**** this guy too! Can't even use the right form of their, and he thinks we are dumb??

Eh, don't take it personally, there are plenty of stereotypes out there, and plenty of uninformed people who like to paint with a broad brush. I do take issue with this though:
and there is no other beer than Shiner or Lone Star.

What a load of ignorant crap. Lone Star is on par with Bud/Miller/Coors, and Shinerbock is a step above. But there is a growing number of craft breweries in Texas with quite a good following, and new ones opening every month or so. We just had 8th Wonder Brewery open up in Houston last month, and they have a few good ones. Saint Arnold is a solid brewery. Austin is booming with a variety of breweries. Live Oak and Thirsty Planet are great, and Jester King could possibly be a top 10 craft brewery in the country. JK does a great job of variety and consistency at a high level for a craft brewery.

You simply don't have an industry growing like this if everyone drinks Shiner and Lone Star.

http://www.texascraftbrewersguild.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/beermapupdated.jpg

HOU-TEX
03-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Nothing funnier to me than a Yankee talking trash about Texas. Ha, what a pansy.

infantrycak
03-26-2013, 06:31 PM
Anyone who says a significant number of Texans drink Lone Star is ignorant. Made up BS. Lone Star doesn't even have a brewery.

kingtexan
03-26-2013, 06:46 PM
Anyone who says a significant number of Texans drink Lone Star is ignorant. Made up BS. Lone Star doesn't even have a brewery.

They have a brewery in San Antonio I believe.

As far as Ed Reed he may improve our defense if he can stay healthy, but Matt is still a huge liability.

infantrycak
03-26-2013, 06:58 PM
They have a brewery in San Antonio I believe.

It has been closed for about 20 years. Some developer is trying to do something with it.

kingtexan
03-26-2013, 07:04 PM
It has been closed for about 20 years. Some developer is trying to do something with it.

So who brews Lone Star beer now?

You can still buy it, cant you? Could have sworn I saw someone drinking a LS in Gruene over the weekend.

Edit: NM, just saw it was Miller ... thought I was going crazy.

drs23
03-26-2013, 07:47 PM
So who brews Lone Star beer now?

You can still buy it, cant you? Could have sworn I saw someone drinking a LS in Gruene over the weekend.

Edit: NM, just saw it was Miller ... thought I was going crazy.

It's still being labeled by someone. Miller I *think*, I'm not sure about that. I ride with a couple of guys that drink LS so there are two bars locally that stock it, just for them.

That was perhaps a little off topic so back to ballwarmer, F'kim.

infantrycak
03-26-2013, 07:54 PM
It's still being labeled by someone. Miller I *think*

Yeah, it is some kind of arrangement where Miller brews it but the brand is not theirs.

Uncle Rico
03-26-2013, 07:57 PM
Who's the *****? A guy who comes in here and pretends to be a smart guy, and patronizes everybody then goes somewhere else to run his mouth. If he had any heart he would say those things on this board, instead of hiding behind his buddies and looking for acceptance somewhere else. What a loser. I feel bad for him, someone who joins that many forums, and has that many posts has no life. Poor guy.

Texan_Bill
03-26-2013, 08:42 PM
Wow...that's...just...wow...with 'friends' like that, 'eh? :loser

I think he's done here. At least if he's got any sense he's done here. And if he's not done here, then the troll accusations are obviously truth. There is no other reason to converse with, what was it?...oh yeah, "a bunch of low information, stupid, blatantly dis-honest, sniveling little whining *********s" than to troll them.

BOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!! Don't ban him DB!! I love an incredibly obtuse, misinformed troll who is ballsy (or stupid) enough to say something like: (and I quote) "a bunch of low information, stupid, blatantly dis-honest, sniveling little whining *********s" than to troll them"

That shyte is incredibly funny to me..

thunderkyss
03-26-2013, 08:54 PM
after all, both teams put up 28 on the patriots ... one went home and one went to the superbowl.

We put up 28 points & we weren't playing particularly well. Schaub wasn't playing particularly well.

Flacco was in the zone & they put up 28 points.

Titans Sux 72
03-26-2013, 09:01 PM
BOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!! Don't ban him DB!! I love an incredibly obtuse, misinformed troll who is ballsy (or stupid) enough to say something like: (and I quote) "a bunch of low information, stupid, blatantly dis-honest, sniveling little whining *********s" than to troll them"

^^^^^this

Let him stay. I wanna see what he has to say when his team goes 8-8. Lol.

thunderkyss
03-26-2013, 09:01 PM
you got a mouse in your pocket? i dont know who "we" is, because it's debatable that jacoby is capable of being a #3. as handswarmer stated, he's not there to be a major receiver - he's simply outside speed and a returner.

I like Jacoby, but I think he's a #3 here. The only thing I didn't like about letting him go, was that the guy we kept isn't on the team anymore. Both were quality #3 guys..... ~quality. But Walter wasn't able to do what he do when we needed him, & he almost never had.

Jacoby is a playmaker, you've got to take the good with the bad & sooner or later, those plays will make the difference..... ala Baltimore's playoff run.. Baltimore's Super Bowl.

No way Walter would ever be considered as a possible Super Bowl co-MVP, much less MVP.

However, with a big arm like Flacco's & the Raven's vertical inclinations, he could be a 2b up there. We'll just have to wait & see. They're paying him like a #2 & they'll expect him to deliver this year, regardless what Flacco'sJockWarmer says.

thunderkyss
03-26-2013, 09:08 PM
They all pretty much think the sun rises and sets on there asses.

Not only that, but those dumbasses don't know the sun does rise & sets on our asses.

handswarmer
03-26-2013, 10:07 PM

Cool- then we can enjoy some good conversations about football.

handswarmer
03-26-2013, 10:09 PM
I like Jacoby, but I think he's a #3 here. The only thing I didn't like about letting him go, was that the guy we kept isn't on the team anymore. Both were quality #3 guys..... ~quality. But Walter wasn't able to do what he do when we needed him, & he almost never had.

Jacoby is a playmaker, you've got to take the good with the bad & sooner or later, those plays will make the difference..... ala Baltimore's playoff run.. Baltimore's Super Bowl.

No way Walter would ever be considered as a possible Super Bowl co-MVP, much less MVP.

However, with a big arm like Flacco's & the Raven's vertical inclinations, he could be a 2b up there. We'll just have to wait & see. They're paying him like a #2 & they'll expect him to deliver this year, regardless what Flacco'sJockWarmer says.

He'll be a #3 and PK/KP returner. his speed will get him on the field in 3 WR sets. That's all I looke for this year.

handswarmer
03-26-2013, 10:11 PM
Flacco got lucky and succeded despite his mediocrity. Next season will prove that, but you'll have a billion reasons why the carrion didn't make the playoffs from the front office to bad officiating. Your team got lucky. Deal with it. Do I think Schaub is AS if not MORE mediocre than your boy Flacco? YUP!

:thinking: you know you can use the juice from those sour grapes to make some damn good vinegar. I'm NOT a fan of Mr. Reed, but I have to admit he's the 2nd best safety in the game of football. If your mediocre QB wasn't suffering delusions of adequacy (which will be PROVEN) next season your team would still have Reed and several other players who can and DO make a difference. The Carrion are a DEFENSIVE team whose average offense got them to a superbowl win. Your two defensive captains are now GONE and I BELIEVE that Bolden (the go to receiver) was cut to pay Flacco's "I'm better than Brady" salary.

Next season your team with suck harder than a pretty young girl in LA with newly installed implants who realizes that porno is the ONLY way she'll make it in the film industry. And YES I WILL be that muff-hugga saying "I told you so" until I'm hoarse come the play offs.

I hope you do realize that Clar Judge wrote that article- I didn't type a word just for clarity sake.

handswarmer
03-26-2013, 10:12 PM

I'm glad you have a sense of humour.

handswarmer
03-26-2013, 10:15 PM
Eh, don't take it personally, there are plenty of stereotypes out there, and plenty of uninformed people who like to paint with a broad brush. I do take issue with this though:

What a load of ignorant crap. Lone Star is on par with Bud/Miller/Coors, and Shinerbock is a step above. But there is a growing number of craft breweries in Texas with quite a good following, and new ones opening every month or so. We just had 8th Wonder Brewery open up in Houston last month, and they have a few good ones. Saint Arnold is a solid brewery. Austin is booming with a variety of breweries. Live Oak and Thirsty Planet are great, and Jester King could possibly be a top 10 craft brewery in the country. JK does a great job of variety and consistency at a high level for a craft brewery.

You simply don't have an industry growing like this if everyone drinks Shiner and Lone Star.

http://www.texascraftbrewersguild.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/beermapupdated.jpg

I had nothing to with that post about beer- I love all beers. Good friend of mine brews Boner Beer- heard of it?

infantrycak
03-26-2013, 10:15 PM
I'm glad you have a sense of humour.

Just an fyi - the little button to the right of the "quote" button is a multi-quote button so you can click it on several posts then hit reply or quote and they will all pop up ready to quote.

handswarmer
03-26-2013, 10:20 PM
Just an fyi - the little button to the right of the "quote" button is a multi-quote button so you can click it on several posts then hit reply or quote and they will all pop up ready to quote.

I tried that- can't ever seem to make it work.

Were/are you 11Bravo? I served 24yrs- USMC.USA.USARNG.

handswarmer
03-26-2013, 10:23 PM
^^^^^this

Let him stay. I wanna see what he has to say when his team goes 8-8. Lol.

I honestly don't see that- We have been in the playoffs every year for the last 5 years- even after losing guys every year. The Ravens have been awarded the most compensatory picks since they started giving them out in 94. Why? Because other teams want to sign our guys. Why? Because we are successful.

infantrycak
03-26-2013, 10:38 PM
Were/are you 11Bravo?

Was. Tons of service folks on here. You have some fellow Marines in badboy (Vietnam), Dread-Head, jjezebel, Hou-Tex's son (plus others I am forgetting and I apologize).

michaelm
03-26-2013, 11:00 PM

I tried that- can't ever seem to make it work.

I tried to quote both of you to see if it would work (obviously worked in this instance), but as handswarmer says, I can't seem to get it to work very often these days. I thought it was my browser possibly, but it has been a problem recently.

JPPT1974
03-26-2013, 11:22 PM
At least the Texans have experience and a leader that could help the younger guys out on the team there.

rolyat93
03-27-2013, 01:43 AM
The internet is this dudes life. How sad.

thunderkyss
03-27-2013, 07:20 AM
He'll be a #3 and PK/KP returner. his speed will get him on the field in 3 WR sets. That's all I looke for this year.

Yeah..... that's why I said, "regardless what you said"

thunderkyss
03-27-2013, 07:23 AM
Have we found any uninformed posters who think Ed Reed is going to "put Houston over the top?"

I think we all think he's a good acquisition, he brings something we don't currently have, & he's going to help our team get to the next level, but I don't believe anyone here thinks he is that missing piece we've been needing.

Dumerville would have put us over the top, but since he's playing for the Ravens now, he sucks.

handswarmer
03-27-2013, 08:05 AM
Was. Tons of service folks on here. You have some fellow Marines in badboy (Vietnam), Dread-Head, jjezebel, Hou-Tex's son (plus others I am forgetting and I apologize).

Seem to find a lot of service guys on Football message boards- even found a guy I served with once on Veterans Day thread- he lived the next state over and we hadn't seen each other for 15 yrs.

I was combat engineer and telecomm

handswarmer
03-27-2013, 08:09 AM
Have we found any uninformed posters who think Ed Reed is going to "put Houston over the top?"

I think we all think he's a good acquisition, he brings something we don't currently have, & he's going to help our team get to the next level, but I don't believe anyone here thinks he is that missing piece we've been needing.

Dumerville would have put us over the top, but since he's playing for the Ravens now, he sucks.

What's the next level? Getting past the divisional round of the playoffs to an AFC Championship game? Right now, wouldn't that be (over the top) ?

DBCooper
03-27-2013, 09:59 AM
Soooooo.......

Let me get this thread straight.

RavenFan comes on here with his boring ass drivel, posts someone else's opinion because he doesn't have his own, and admits that Schaub is light years ahead of Dilfer, and the point of this whole thread was to say you have to have a better QB to win the Super Bowl?

And then says WE don't know anything about football?

Dread-Head
03-27-2013, 10:10 AM
I hope you do realize that Clar Judge wrote that article- I didn't type a word just for clarity sake.

:kitten:...true...but you DID post it here. I'm just sayin'. But other than that...how ya been?

handswarmer
03-27-2013, 10:15 AM
Soooooo.......

Let me get this thread straight.

RavenFan comes on here with his boring ass drivel, Sorry 9 pages bored you

posts someone else's opinion because he doesn't have his own, Clark Judge wrote the blog- I agree with a lot of it, just not all of it.

and admits that Schaub is light years ahead of Dilfer, So was Chad Pennington, Jay Cutler, Donovan McNabb

and the point of this whole thread was to say you have to have a better QB to win the Super Bowl? Does the shoe fit?

And then says WE don't know anything about football? The misperception that Ed Reed will provide some sort of Miracle play making ability in the defensive backfield, while Schaub remains the same, will push the Texans over the top is what you are staring at.

handswarmer
03-27-2013, 10:16 AM
:kitten:...true...but you DID post it here. I'm just sayin'. But other than that...how ya been?

Sure I did- I saw it and thought that Texans fans would want to read it.

Apparently I was wrong.

I'm good dude- its all good. You?

Dread-Head
03-27-2013, 10:18 AM
I honestly don't see that- We have been in the playoffs every year for the last 5 years- even after losing guys every year. The Ravens have been awarded the most compensatory picks since they started giving them out in 94. Why? Because other teams want to sign our guys. Why? Because we are successful.

Love or hate this man, you have to admire his passion for his team. I think the Carrion are as LUCKY as he thinks they are good. He can be a bit of a hemmorhoid(sp) but he's never disrespectful. If we banned people for being a pain in the ass the following people would have been gone a LONG time ago:

Red Zone

Corrosion

Beer & Metal

Porky

Texan Bill

Joe Texan

and

MY BLAGG-AZZ.

We don't agree with the man's opinions, but truthfully we don't always agree with one another's opinions. Take what he says with a grain of salt and move on.

Dread-Head
03-27-2013, 10:20 AM
Sure I did- I saw it and thought that Texans fans would want to read it.

Apparently I was wrong.

I'm good dude- its all good. You?

Just got an Ibanez bass. The neck is slightly more narrow than my Aria so it's taking a bit of getting used to, but the sound quality and action are utterly kick ass.
Just getting ready for Easter. What's the weather like in Baltimore? You guys getting some of that snow that's plaguing everyone else?

deucetx
03-27-2013, 10:27 AM
What's the next level? Getting past the divisional round of the playoffs to an AFC Championship game? Right now, wouldn't that be (over the top) ?

I would think it varies on who you ask but I honstly believe it isn't about where it takes us (like a playoff round) but how the team carries itself. Some players admitted to basically being in awe (for lack of a better term) when they faced the Patriots. That alone spoke about the mental aspect that the Texans were lacking. Heck, I think they use to have that about the Ravens too until they proved to themselves they could play with them.

Reed can bring that factor of leadership. I honestly don't think his physical skills are what they use to be and the defense will have to adjust a bit with the coverage to adapt to what he brings. But more than anything he brings a locker room presence that was lacking especially with Cush hurt. But even with Cush's leadership there is a whole other level of leadership when you're talking about someone who has been there, done that like Reed.

So it is more than just what round they reach. They stunk the place against the Patriots not once, but twice. The defense despite having film after playing them couldn't even line up correctly and seemed unprepared. Leaders on the field help in this area.

Can he put them over the top? Course not. Just one player. P. Manning is argued to be among the best to play his position and did he put the Broncos over the top? Nope. But can Reed put them over the top on a mental aspect so they don't go out stinking it up against elite teams and not rolling into fetal positions when things go off-schedule? Possibly so.

Titans Sux 72
03-27-2013, 10:29 AM

I am a robot. I am only programmed to say the same drivel everyday.

We. What position do you play?

Yeah patriot fan says the same thing fallowing the sheep of the FO. and where has that got them in 8 years and i would say they are more succesful in those 15 years than the ravens. Keep on thinking everything is tootie fruitie in Bmore. Then you wake up one day and your team looks like the Titans.

BTW Riddle me this. Why go crying to another forum not raven and pizz and moan about the Texans?

I go raise hell at the titan forums but I don't come here or other forums and ask for a pat on the back or help.

Got something to say to us Texan fan say it to our face don't act like a girl and run. You lost a lot of respect fir that ****** move.

handswarmer
03-27-2013, 10:38 AM
Just got an Ibanez bass. The neck is slightly more narrow than my Aria so it's taking a bit of getting used to, but the sound quality and action are utterly kick ass.
Just getting ready for Easter. What's the weather like in Baltimore? You guys getting some of that snow that's plaguing everyone else?

I love music but never learned to play- buddy of mine is a bass guy.

We had a couple inches of snow the other day- 50 degrees today nd its all gone.

Crappiest winter two years in a row- I plow snow in my offseason and haven't made diddly two years in a row....normally I can pull in about $15-20k doing snow removal- made $2k this year....really crappy.

michaelm
03-27-2013, 10:39 AM
The misperception that Ed Reed will provide some sort of Miracle play making ability in the defensive backfield, while Schaub remains the same, will push the Texans over the top is what you are staring at.

Here's my problem; nobody on this board thinks Ed Reed is going to provide any kind of miracle. The majority of us have what I consider to be realistic expectations for what he will bring to the table, which is a guy who can make a solid contribution from a physical standpoint, apply his experience on the field, and show the other defensive backs how he prepares for the game.
I think your assertion that we all expect him to be some kind of miracle is a straw man argument that you perpetuate, but doesn't exist.
In short, I think you insist on arguing a point that nobody really opposes.
Ed Reed is not going to be a miracle for the Texans. Ed reed will not be the thing that puts the Texans "over the top". Ed Reed should be able to make a positive contribution to the success of the Texans in 2013.

Titans Sux 72
03-27-2013, 10:41 AM

I just don't get it. But obviously he doesn't.
At the time of Reeds signing our FS was Shiloh Keo. Texans sign Reed to replace Keo. Reed is better than Keo. What's the problem?
Nobody,and he still has not shown proof ,has said Reed is the savior of the franchise.
He was a great plug in a hole in the Texans defense. That's it.
But I guess he would rather the Texans start Keo instead.

handswarmer
03-27-2013, 10:45 AM
I would think it varies on who you ask but I honstly believe it isn't about where it takes us (like a playoff round) but how the team carries itself. Some players admitted to basically being in awe (for lack of a better term) when they faced the Patriots. That alone spoke about the mental aspect that the Texans were lacking. Heck, I think they use to have that about the Ravens too until they proved to themselves they could play with them.

Reed can bring that factor of leadership. I honestly don't think his physical skills are what they use to be and the defense will have to adjust a bit with the coverage to adapt to what he brings. But more than anything he brings a locker room presence that was lacking especially with Cush hurt. But even with Cush's leadership there is a whole other level of leadership when you're talking about someone who has been there, done that like Reed.

So it is more than just what round they reach. They stunk the place against the Patriots not once, but twice. The defense despite having film after playing them couldn't even line up correctly and seemed unprepared. Leaders on the field help in this area.

Can he put them over the top? Course not. Just one player. P. Manning is argued to be among the best to play his position and did he put the Broncos over the top? Nope. But can Reed put them over the top on a mental aspect so they don't go out stinking it up against elite teams and not rolling into fetal positions when things go off-schedule? Possibly so.

Ed may bring that. His leadership is quiet. B in fairness, Ed's been used to being a big man on campus in the ravens locker room; he hasn't known a new place since 02. I wonder if he will adapt to the Texans or force the Texans to adapt to him- I say this because he is a strange bird, changes his mind easily and voices his frustration easily and publicly.

Double Barrel
03-27-2013, 10:49 AM
Cool- then we can enjoy some good conversations about football.

I ask again: with such a horrible membership that is apparently this forum in your perspective, why do you continue to bless us with your presence?

RE: TEXANS TALK - What a bunch of low information, stupid, blatantly dis-honest, sniveling little whining *******s. One would gather that the Internet doesn't get out of the Houston area. The ignorance of the rest of the NFL is rampant, even their knowledge of division and conference foes is limited.

WHY ARE YOU HERE?

handswarmer
03-27-2013, 11:02 AM
I am a robot. I am only programmed to say the same drivel everyday.

We. What position do you play?

Yeah patriot fan says the same thing fallowing the sheep of the FO. and where has that got them in 8 years and i would say they are more succesful in those 15 years than the ravens. Keep on thinking everything is tootie fruitie in Bmore. Then you wake up one day and your team looks like the Titans.

BTW Riddle me this. Why go crying to another forum not raven and pizz and moan about the Texans?

I go raise hell at the titan forums but I don't come here or other forums and ask for a pat on the back or help.

Got something to say to us Texan fan say it to our face don't act like a girl and run. You lost a lot of respect fir that ****** move.

You seem to think that the Ravens just sprung up over night? Yes I typed "We"- no I don't play. I can find thousands of instances on this board where posters have typed "we" in reference to the Texans. Whatever dude- you'll get over it.

Now, as far as the Ravens, Patriots, I'll even throw in the Steelers go, their FO success is very apparent in the season win loss records, Div Titles (Ravens lack #'s here because of The Steelers), Playoff wins and Super Bowls. Go look up the records since 96- its all there.

As far as what I posted on another board, its more of an appreciation for tm, a fan base that I spar with constantly yet I am friends with- having met some of them and drank beers while talking football. Sure some hate me; I sue that to my advantage but in general they respect me. Maybe I was harsh- do you want an apology? My guess is that if I gave one, you and others would discredit it immediately. Its a no win situation for me. I understand that but it doesn't change who I am or what I write.

And as much as you think the Titans suck, they have enjoyed more success than the Texans have. I know, they used to be our biggest most bitter rivals before re-alignment. Maybe you are a wee bit jealous?

Dread-Head
03-27-2013, 11:02 AM
I love music but never learned to play- buddy of mine is a bass guy.

We had a couple inches of snow the other day- 50 degrees today nd its all gone.

Crappiest winter two years in a row- I plow snow in my offseason and haven't made diddly two years in a row....normally I can pull in about $15-20k doing snow removal- made $2k this year....really crappy.

My GF was convinced that I was a bass player so she gave me one she mysteriously had lying around. I picked it up and started fooling with it and have been addicted to it ever since.
I played a little trumpet in High school and learning to read in another cleft is taking a bit of adjustment. If you really want to learn an instrument give it a shot. You might find the one that speaks to you.

I would think the lack of snow would be KIND of a good thing. Too much of it is a problem, but next winter MIGHT be a cold one. You never know.

Dread-Head
03-27-2013, 11:05 AM
Here's my problem; nobody on this board thinks Ed Reed is going to provide any kind of miracle. The majority of us have what I consider to be realistic expectations for what he will bring to the table, which is a guy who can make a solid contribution from a physical standpoint, apply his experience on the field, and show the other defensive backs how he prepares for the game.
I think your assertion that we all expect him to be some kind of miracle is a straw man argument that you perpetuate, but doesn't exist.
Ed Reed is not going to be a miracle for the Texans. Ed reed will not be the thing that puts the Texans "over the top". Ed Reed should be able to make a positive contribution to the success of the Texans in 2013.

It's not like Reed is showing up on a Defense with NO Talent. Some outside of Houston are acting like the Texans are a bunch of no talent rubes and Reed is our defensive messiah. Let's remember than Bill Belecheat had to formulate a special game plan to face J.J. Watt. I think Reed will be a pretty good cog in a machine that needs a fine tuning.

DBCooper
03-27-2013, 11:07 AM
You seem to think that the Ravens just sprung up over night? Yes I typed "We"- no I don't play. I can find thousands of instances on this board where posters have typed "we" in reference to the Texans. Whatever dude- you'll get over it.

Now, as far as the Ravens, Patriots, I'll even throw in the Steelers go, their FO success is very apparent in the season win loss records, Div Titles (Ravens lack #'s here because of The Steelers), Playoff wins and Super Bowls. Go look up the records since 96- its all there.

As far as what I posted on another board, its more of an appreciation for tm, a fan base that I spar with constantly yet I am friends with- having met some of them and drank beers while talking football. Sure some hate me; I sue that to my advantage but in general they respect me. Maybe I was harsh- do you want an apology? My guess is that if I gave one, you and others would discredit it immediately. Its a no win situation for me. I understand that but it doesn't change who I am or what I write.

And as much as you think the Titans suck, they have enjoyed more success than the Texans have. I know, they used to be our biggest most bitter rivals before re-alignment. Maybe you are a wee bit jealous?

Lol, the Ravens did spring up overnight, go troll a Browns forum.

Titans Sux 72
03-27-2013, 11:13 AM

Not jealous. Just don't like em. And now they reap what they sow.
Just like The Pats once Brady retires.
The Steelers are the exception. They have been solid for almost 40 years and have the rings to prove it.

I don't want or need an apology. Just think its chicken bleep. I'm telling you how I see it here not on another forum.

Double Barrel
03-27-2013, 11:14 AM

This is about the weakest and spineless tail-between-the-legs spewage I've read in years.

You were propping them by ripping us? What are you, a 13 year old girl?

If you think so lowly of this forum's members, why are you here if not to spam it with redundant nonsense?

"Need" your apology? No. Don't flatter yourself. This forum was here long before you arrived and will be here long after you have gifted it with your prolonged absence.

handswarmer
03-27-2013, 11:14 AM

Again, Clark Judge of CBS Sports wrote the blog- I only posted it. I guess posting an article/blog inherently ensures that one believes the entire article/blog and that it is not posted for information purposes? That the poster may believe parts of the blog/Article but not everything contained in the piece?

But for relevance, one can browse through the thread "Ed Reed to visit Texans" to see the reactions- or even at the beginning of this thread.

handswarmer
03-27-2013, 11:17 AM
My GF was convinced that I was a bass player so she gave me one she mysteriously had lying around. I picked it up and started fooling with it and have been addicted to it ever since.
I played a little trumpet in High school and learning to read in another cleft is taking a bit of adjustment. If you really want to learn an instrument give it a shot. You might find the one that speaks to you.

I would think the lack of snow would be KIND of a good thing. Too much of it is a problem, but next winter MIGHT be a cold one. You never know.

In 2010, I made almost $30k off two snow storms- slept in my truck for two weeks while working but made nice cake.

handswarmer
03-27-2013, 11:19 AM
Not jealous. Just don't like em. And now they reap what they sow.
Just like The Pats once Brady retires.
The Steelers are the exception. They have been solid for almost 40 years and have the rings to prove it.

I don't want or need an apology. Just think its chicken bleep. I'm telling you how I see it here not on another forum.
Well, the Pats were in a couple of other Super Bowls with out Brady albeit losers.

Steelers? they have won 2 and lost 2 since 95. But are perennially in the hunt since 95.

Same as the Ravens.

Ad whatever you want to call it, I am still here, standing by it. You want me to run away? No chance.

It's not like Reed is showing up on a Defense with NO Talent. Some outside of Houston are acting like the Texans are a bunch of no talent rubes and Reed is our defensive messiah. Let's remember than Bill Belecheat had to formulate a special game plan to face J.J. Watt. I think Reed will be a pretty good cog in a machine that needs a fine tuning.

Texans have had a very good defense for the last 2-3 years; no one disputes that. They always scare the crap out of me.

handswarmer
03-27-2013, 11:33 AM
This is about the weakest and spineless tail-between-the-legs spewage I've read in years.

You were propping them by ripping us? What are you, a 13 year old girl?

If you think so lowly of this forum's members, why are you here if not to spam it with redundant nonsense?

"Need" your apology? No. Don't flatter yourself. This forum was here long before you arrived and will be here long after you have gifted it with your prolonged absence.

Scenario realized:

A) Describe what happened, have it turned around.

B) Ask a simple question: "Do you want my apology?" have it morphed into " "Need" your apology? No. Don't flatter yourself" as if indignation will flow like "Rule Britannia" and the chin of the offended juts out as far as the puffed chest of the offended party.

So where do you want to go from here?

Titans Sux 72
03-27-2013, 12:39 PM
Well, the Pats were in a couple of other Super Bowls with out Brady albeit losers.

Steelers? they have won 2 and lost 2 since 95. But are perennially in the hunt since 95.

Same as the Ravens.

Ad whatever you want to call it, I am still here, standing by it. You want me to run away? No chance.

Texans have had a very good defense for the last 2-3 years; no one disputes that. They always scare the crap out of me.

I don't want you to leave. Don't want an apology. Just have to set it strait. On this board.

I like you. Your a funny guy Sully.

thunderkyss
03-27-2013, 12:40 PM
But for relevance, one can browse through the thread "Ed Reed to visit Texans" to see the reactions- or even at the beginning of this thread.

I'm excited about getting Ed Reed on our team. But I don't think he is "the" missing link. We've still got some work to do & while I like Newton, the development of that position (RT) will have a lot more to do with how our season goes than what Ed Reed does or does not do on defense.

Ed's a celebrity on defense. The highest profiled celebrity we've had on defense based on production.

ESAD2-14
03-27-2013, 01:30 PM
Scenario realized:

A) Describe what happened, have it turned around.

B) Ask a simple question: "Do you want my apology?" have it morphed into " "Need" your apology? No. Don't flatter yourself" as if indignation will flow like "Rule Britannia" and the chin of the offended juts out as far as the puffed chest of the offended party.

So where do you want to go from here?

You ran to another board and pissed all over this one, then come back here and act like it's not a problem. See the disconnect here? I'm pretty sure that is what DB was getting at. Nothing was turned around, the excuse you presented was weak, at best. So the word "Need" replaced "Do" - big f-ckin' deal. You've stepped on your crank bad enough already and have the nerve to act like an arrogant *ss when your called out on it. I personally had no issues with what you have stated in the threads here previously. Now as for this statement:

What a bunch of low information, stupid, blatantly dis-honest, sniveling little whining *******s.

You see, when you generalize such as you have here and include every one in a very broad statement - do not be surprised if your welcome rug gets pulled out from under you. Some of the members here seem to gracious enough to overlook that little hiccup, I assume they are not on your list of sniveling little whining *******s?

To begin with when you started this thread it looked antogonistic and appeared to be cloaked in a veil of: "I just want to talk football that Texans fans would be interested in". Perhaps I am off on that, perhaps not.

Hey f-ck it, it's just a message board and what we say here or anywhere shouldn't be taken as a direct reflection of who we are and what we stand for right?

Texn4life
03-27-2013, 01:48 PM
You ran to another board and pissed all over this one, then come back here and act like it's not a problem. See the disconnect here? I'm pretty sure that is what DB was getting at. Nothing was turned around, the excuse you presented was weak, at best. So the word "Need" replaced "Do" - big f-ckin' deal. You've stepped on your crank bad enough already and have the nerve to act like an arrogant *ss when your called out on it. I personally had no issues with what you have stated in the threads here previously. Now as for this statement:

You see, when you generalize such as you have here and include every one in a very broad statement - do not be surprised if your welcome rug gets pulled out from under you. Some of the members here seem to gracious enough to overlook that little hiccup, I assume they are not on your list of sniveling little whining *******s?

To begin with when you started this thread it looked antogonistic and appeared to be cloaked in a veil of: "I just want to talk football that Texans fans would be interested in". Perhaps I am off on that, perhaps not.

Hey f-ck it, it's just a message board and what we say here or anywhere shouldn't be taken as a direct reflection of who we are and what we stand for right?

Everything you said, plus the fact that he said it assuming that we would never see it. In the real world, fake and phony people run around talking about people "behind their back". Because of that, I have no respect for this person.

Titans Sux 72
03-27-2013, 01:54 PM
I can sum it all up.
Now we can see Reed on a better defense than the one he was on last year.

Hervoyel
03-27-2013, 02:04 PM
If there is indeed a reason that Ed Reed won't put Houston over the top then so be it but from the looks of this thread the only reason I can see coming from Ravens fan is that he's butt-hurt.

Dutchrudder
03-27-2013, 02:10 PM
If there is indeed a reason that Ed Reed won't put Houston over the top then so be it but from the looks of this thread the only reason I can see coming from Ravens fan is that he's butt-hurt.

I think you're on to something...

HandsWarmer

Good Bye Ed- its been a great run. You aren't the player you used to be but I still wish you would have stuck around to retire a Raven BUT, and a big but, I guess another 8-10 Million is worth more than your legacy.

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showthread.php?p=8309711#post8309711

Only post he made on that forum since 2011. He has a point though, I mean c'mon, what's 8-10 million dollars worth?

:stirpot:

Señor Stan
03-27-2013, 02:15 PM

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showthread.php?p=8309711#post8309711

Only post he made on that forum since 2011. He has a point though, I mean c'mon, what's 8-10 million dollars worth?

:stirpot:

Check. Mate.

DBCooper
03-27-2013, 02:19 PM
Butt. Hurt.

Fixed it!

Titans Sux 72
03-27-2013, 02:21 PM
Gotta love the interweb.

mussop
03-27-2013, 02:33 PM
Save it bud- I've got over 15,000 posts on a KC board, over 10,000 on a Ravens board. .

So what you are saying is that you are a super troll? :clap:

TexansBlood
03-27-2013, 02:36 PM
Poor guy, he went to another nfl forum to seek help and comfort from his rectal bleeding.

Playoffs
03-27-2013, 02:42 PM

...What are you, a 13 year old girl?

If you think so lowly of this forum's members, why are you here if not to spam it with redundant nonsense?Looks like it.

You ran to another board and pissed all over this one, then come back here and act like it's not a problem.......a chickensh!t 13 year old girl.

Only post he made on that forum since 2011.

Gotta love the interweb.

Don't get me started ..... I'll have his name/address/phone number in no time. And that's just to start.

HOU-TEX
03-27-2013, 03:10 PM

Sums it up for me too, Herv.

infantrycak
03-27-2013, 04:18 PM
OK, this thread has run its course.