PDA

View Full Version : Ed Reed agrees to terms with Texans

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

djohn2oo8
03-13-2013, 04:50 PM
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
The Texans' first visit will be with S Ed Reed. He'll be at their facility on Thursday. They need a vet to replace Glover Quin.

Vance87
03-13-2013, 04:50 PM
Stay away...

ASidd_1990
03-13-2013, 04:51 PM
The Texans' first visit will be with S Ed Reed. He'll be at their facility on Thursday. They need a vet to replace Glover Quin.

HOLY ISH! If the Texans sign him I will take back everything I said about Rick Smith!

:hurrah::smiliedance::specnatz:

jaayteetx
Geez, how much tread is left on that tire?

ThaJokaa
Da FUQ^^^

Ed Reed is a monster!!

TheMatrix31
03-13-2013, 04:52 PM
I don't care how old he is.

Love ballhawks.

JCTexan
03-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Da FUQ^^^

Ed Reed is a monster!!

Probably will come cheaper than Quin also.

TexansBlood
03-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Da FUQ^^^

Ed Reed is a monster!!

And injury prone.

GuerillaBlack
03-13-2013, 04:54 PM
Say yes.

drs23
03-13-2013, 04:54 PM
But...but wait. I've read right here within the last 1/2 hour or so that "Ed Reed would never play for the Texans.

:kitten:

Vance87
03-13-2013, 04:55 PM
1. He's got his ring, he's close to retirement, how much fire would he have?
2. He had a sub par 2012 season
3. Go on the Ravens forum, they wanted him freakin' benched he was doing so bad
4. He'll probably want too much money anyway
5. His hair

SW H-TOWN
03-13-2013, 04:55 PM
Wow, that is shocking. I was so wrong about that one, thought he would retire a Raven. Great news.

ChrisG
03-13-2013, 04:56 PM
If he has something left I would love to have him. He is by far my favorite non-Texan player in the NFL. But of course I am biased. Hopefully he has something left in the tank

Dutchrudder
03-13-2013, 04:57 PM
No thanks, he's getting too old for this game. If nothing else, maybe we can make another team overpay for him.

Fili
03-13-2013, 05:01 PM
Better than Keo.

Bulls on Parade
03-13-2013, 05:02 PM
Ed Reed and Nnamdi.

I'd welcome both with open arms if they're willing to come here for less money. Come play for Ed Wade.

Let's kick some ass in 2013. Our defense is going to be amazing and fun to watch.

fiasco west
Would love it.

Old yes but what did all these young players do for us against Brady?

Stood around wide eyes as Brady ran up to huddle, looking around not knowing what to do. Even if he's not in on every play I bet you he'd have a huge impact on preparing for that.

GP
Ed Reed taking a page out of Orlando Pace's playbook.

Meets with Smithiak at Reliant, then makes that connecting flight to some west coast team.

TheMatrix31
Ed Reed loves playing against New England.

We need guys like that.

SW H-TOWN
03-13-2013, 05:03 PM
If we sign him we need to replace Keo given his age and injury history. I was wrong about this one, I thought Reed would retire a Raven. We need to replace Keo no matter what happens. Only one injury away from him starting gives me nightmares.

texanhead08
03-13-2013, 05:03 PM
What if its a one year deal ? Would it be worth it then ?

GP
03-13-2013, 05:04 PM
ESPN sports anchors said "Ed Reed to meet with the Texans tomorrow," as the last statement before ending their 4:00 segment.

So we got some run on ESPN.

Bulls on Parade
03-13-2013, 05:05 PM

Meets with Smithiak at Reliant, then makes that connecting flight to some west coast team.
He's actually good friends with Andre Johnson. It wouldn't shock me if they're hanging out tonight and tomorrow. Orlando Pace had no connections with us.

TheMatrix31
03-13-2013, 05:05 PM
Never thought about the Reed/Andre connection. Andre should be busting his ass to recruit him.

False Start
03-13-2013, 05:06 PM
I wouldn't mind, I think he has a few good years left in him. He's not the Ed Reed of old, but hes better than anyone currently on the roster.

Bulls on Parade
ESPN sports anchors said "Ed Reed to meet with the Texans tomorrow," as the last statement before ending their 4:00 segment.

So we got some run on ESPN.
I saw that. About time they mentioned the Texans during their free agency frenzy show. Let's face it, guys. We need a big splash somehow. Signing Ed Reed would rejuvenate my excitement for the team again. I'd be pumped and ready for the season to start.

fiasco west
Ed Reed loves playing against New England.

We need guys like that.

Exactly.

We can still draft a safety...but that safety and the defense as a whole would be better with Reed around and teams will still think twice before throwing up a random deep ball.

Won't play all the games but he's proven that he'll play the games when they count.

Trap_Star
03-13-2013, 05:10 PM
he's old, but he brings something our locker room needs.. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG_f1GzmwHo)

RT22
03-13-2013, 05:11 PM
Ed Reed = Texans Pipe Dream.

JCTexan
03-13-2013, 05:15 PM
Ed Reed = Texans Pipe Dream.

Why? Rey Lewis is retiring & the Ravens entire defense is leaving town. Outside of him wanting to retire a Raven, there isn't much reason to stay.

htowntexans1985
03-13-2013, 05:16 PM
Do not let him leave Kirby smithiak!! He has tom Brady figured out and doesn't shrink under the bright lights. Give him a two year deal. And let he and manning groom our rookie safety from the draft.

pec0sb0b
03-13-2013, 05:34 PM
35 years old at start of season and a constant locker room distraction...not my first choice at safety.

ATXtexanfan
03-13-2013, 05:34 PM
This would be cool.

TexansSeminole
03-13-2013, 05:35 PM
35 years old at start of season and a constant locker room distraction...not my first choice at safety.

Ed Reed is a locker room distraction? I've always heard he is the quiet type of leader, much like Andre Johnson.

Texn4life
03-13-2013, 05:37 PM

Constant locker room distraction? That is news to me.

djohn2oo8
03-13-2013, 05:48 PM
Adam Wexler @awexler
Ed Reed flying to Houston tonight, Andre Johnson has his ear. Just a guess that #Texans know how much $$ he wants & he signs b4 leaving

Lurvinator11
03-13-2013, 05:50 PM
Reed would be ok for us as long as it is under these conditions.

1. Sign him to a two year deal. He would do well in Wades system, and could bring some fire, but no way is he the Safety of the future. I say he has 2 years left in him. Max.

2. Draft his replacement in this draft or next years draft. That way you could have him train his replacement.

I wouldn't mind Reed coming in at all. As long as that is the only big FA signing we do.

JamesBill
03-13-2013, 05:52 PM
He seems to get injured in every game then come back on the field at some point.

Rey
03-13-2013, 05:53 PM
Would instantly be this teams best free agent signing ever. Ed reeds swag and credibility alone make this defense better.

Brisco_County
03-13-2013, 05:54 PM
What Lurvinator said. The wisest course of action is a two year contract for a veteran stop gap who can groom a rookie. It doesn't have to be Reed, but it would be pretty cool if it were.

Texn4life
03-13-2013, 05:55 PM
Reed would be ok for us as long as it is under these conditions.

1. Sign him to a two year deal. He would do well in Wades system, and could bring some fire, but no way is he the Safety of the future. I say he has 2 years left in him. Max.

2. Draft his replacement in this draft or next years draft. That way you could have him train his replacement.

I wouldn't mind Reed coming in at all. As long as that is the only big FA signing we do.

I think a 2 year signing and drafting a safety was the plan all along. The writing was kind of on the wall yesterday and even more evident today. Texans probably were even waiting for the Quin signing to have Reed visit because of perception, but its pretty clear what the thinking is now.

TexanBacker93
03-13-2013, 05:56 PM
And injury prone.

He's missed 16 games total over an 11 year career all in 3 seasons. I wouldn't call that injury prone.

Bring him in for 2 years and draft a safety to groom.

Commodore
03-13-2013, 05:56 PM
Would instantly be this teams best free agent signing ever. Ed reeds swag and credibility alone make this defense better.

this, Ed Reed has a world beater mentality that no one else on our defense has since they haven't done it

Texn4life
03-13-2013, 05:58 PM

Not to mention he's arguably the smartest and most instinctual safety to ever play the game possibly. Some people would hate the chances he takes at times if he were to sign here, but its how he plays.

Lucky
03-13-2013, 06:01 PM
HOLY ISH! If the Texans sign him I will take back everything I said about Rick Smith!

I'm sure Rick will be relieved.

Come play for Ed Wade.

Ed Wade got another job? How is that possible?

(J/K, I knew you meant to write "Wade, Ed")

He's actually good friends with Andre Johnson.
Makes sense. 'Bout time Dre brought in some of his buddies from The U.

Vinny
03-13-2013, 06:05 PM
I think this is just bluster from the FO.

DX-TEX
03-13-2013, 06:07 PM
I'm sure Rick will be relieved.

Ed Wade got another job? How is that possible?

(J/K, I knew you meant to write "Wade, Ed")

Makes sense. 'Bout time Dre brought in some of his buddies from The U.

I know JJoe didn't play with him but Dre was instrumental in bringing him here.

Lucky
03-13-2013, 06:09 PM
I think this is just bluster from the FO.
Really? They've never been the blustering kind, before.

Premier
03-13-2013, 06:14 PM
Ed Reed and Nnamdi.

Come play for Ed Wade.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2008/0626/pg2_a_wade_300.jpg

fiasco west
03-13-2013, 06:15 PM
Not to mention he's arguably the smartest and most instinctual safety to ever play the game possibly. Some people would hate the chances he takes at times if he were to sign here, but its how he plays.

Yep, he takes chances.

But that chance he takes gets QBs to doubt that throw knowing he's back there. That one second of doubt could be a sack.

Or maby the QB throws to someone else and that could prove favorable with Kareem and especially Joseph covering their guys...Manning is no slouch either.

With Cushing coming back as well...defense could be really good. I hope this will be a one way trip for Reed.

Vinny
03-13-2013, 06:26 PM
Really? They've never been the blustering kind, before.We lost Quin, done nothing...everyone knows we have no cap room (fans). Bluster. A Superstar player past his prime thrown down to the fans after we lose a pretty good cover S. This reeks of the Ahman Green situation if he is signed. I hope we don't ink him and create more bad cap money for a used up player.

rolyat93
03-13-2013, 06:28 PM
Bill Belly called him the greatest Safety ever.

He's a lil past his prime but he's still top notch.

I hate when people use the "intangibles" tag to justify guys, but the intangibles he'd bring would be exponential.

Texn4life
03-13-2013, 06:28 PM
Yep, he takes chances.

But that chance he takes gets QBs to doubt that throw knowing he's back there. That one second of doubt could be a sack.

Or maby the QB throws to someone else and that could prove favorable with Kareem and especially Joseph covering their guys...Manning is no slouch either.

With Cushing coming back as well...defense could be really good. I hope this will be a one way trip for Reed.

I hope so too...... I think it's very reasonable that word has been passed to the FO from Andre in that offseason that he would like to play here. If so, then it makes sense why an offer wasn't even made to GQ.

The FO over the past couple of years has always seemed to have a plan even if it's not a popular one with the fans, and there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes with negotiations. With Andre and Reed both still having homes back in Miami it wouldn't surprise me to know that something has been up.

PapaL
03-13-2013, 06:30 PM
Ed Reed and Nnamdi.

I'd welcome both with open arms if they're willing to come here for less money. Come play for Ed Wade.

Let's kick some ass in 2013. Our defense is going to be amazing and fun to watch.

Who?

Playoffs
03-13-2013, 06:31 PM
Better than Keo.

According to ProFootballFocus, Ed Reed was rated overall 59 out of 88 Safties (>25% team snaps) in 2012.

That's one notch below Quintin Demps, the lowest rated Texans S in 2012.

Texn4life
03-13-2013, 06:31 PM
We lost Quin, done nothing...everyone knows we have no cap room (fans). Bluster. A Superstar player past his prime thrown down to the fans after we lose a pretty good cover S. This reeks of the Ahman Green situation if he is signed. I hope we don't ink him and create more bad cap money for a used up player.

I don't see that here Vinny..... I think the team looked at Quin and saw a good player we'd have to make a 5 year commitment to possibly depending on how his contract was structured. I don't see much of a down side to signing Reed to a 2 year deal. We gave Green $30 million I believe.

Reed is still an effective player and many would argue even at his age still better than GQ. I just fail to see the downside to him being here for 2 years while we groom his replacement.

silvrhand
03-13-2013, 06:37 PM
Hmm,

I can't believe so many are down on Ed Reed, he's got *SOOOO* much experience that he can bring to this defense, intelligence, and a leader. Are his best years behind him, I think that question is obvious, but I still think he can help this YOUNG defense grow, and carry that same attitude and tenacity that the Ravens defense has.

I don't see how this can be bad.. other than he wants 6+ million a year.

76Texan
03-13-2013, 06:38 PM
A J has incentive clauses in his contract.
Will Ed Reed agree to the same?

Vinny
03-13-2013, 06:43 PM
I don't see that here Vinny..... I think the team looked at Quin and saw a good player we'd have to make a 5 year commitment to possibly depending on how his contract was structured. I don't see much of a down side to signing Reed to a 2 year deal. We gave Green $30 million I believe.

Reed is still an effective player and many would argue even at his age still better than GQ. I just fail to see the downside to him being here for 2 years while we groom his replacement.
I'd rather see someone like Michael Huff than someone like Reed going on his 12th season. Reed is past his prime. Why don't the ratbirds just pay the man if he is so valuable? Personally, I don't want the used up players from good teams as they move forward and we take on the reasons they are moving on....we run tons of man. Reed can't cover in man like he used to and he can't close the gap like he used to in space. I just don't like the idea of him at this point in his career. If we ran tons of cover2 or we ran lots of zone in general I (may) get it...but with Wade's defense I don't understand the reasoning.

PapaL
03-13-2013, 06:44 PM
We use 3 Safety all the time. I'd be ok w Ed Reed for the right price IF we brought in someone else. Keo is horrible. I worry when he's on the field and attempting to play Defense. No amount of coaching can fix that.

Texn4life
03-13-2013, 06:47 PM
I'd rather see someone like Michael Huff than someone like Reed going on his 12th season. Reed is past his prime. Why don't the ratbirds just pay the man if he is so valuable? Personally, I don't want the used up players from good teams as they move forward and we take on the reasons they are moving on....we run tons of man. Reed can't cover in man like he used to and he can't close the gap like he used to in space. I just don't like the idea of him at this point in his career. If we ran tons of cover2 or we ran lots of zone in general I get it...but with Wade's defense I don't understand the reasoning.

You make some great points, but man Michael Huff blows. Seen way too many Chargers/Raiders games with that guy playing and he's not very good. I'd rather have Kerry Rhodes before him.

Maybe Wade sees a change in philosophy for us. Might be that Wade watched the playoffs and realized that you can't consistently bait teams into taking advantage of favorable match ups anymore.

Nawzer
03-13-2013, 06:47 PM
It would be highly atypical for this FO to bring in someone like Ed Reed.

Vinny
03-13-2013, 06:52 PM
Ok, so perhaps I got too extreeeeme with the Michael Huff reference. :)

dtran04
03-13-2013, 06:55 PM
Wade would really have to change his scheme with Reed and Manning as his safeties. It's probably for the best anyway. The man scheme is AWFUL against the spread that teams are going to nowadays.

Titans Sux 72
03-13-2013, 06:57 PM
As said earlier better than what we have on the roster right now. Pair him with DMan the guy is a ball hawk and a proven leader who is not skeeret of the bright lights of a big game ie MNF, Pats, 2nd round of play offs and is not a half azzer. It's balls to the wall with Reed with no BS right in the same mode as Watt, Cush,and JJo. 2 years and draft one this year. Very good safety draft this year and having Reed in the locker room is PRICELESS.

Texan_Bill
03-13-2013, 06:58 PM
Meh...

Depends on what he wants. He's going into his 12th season and could be a short term solution. Ney, I meant a really good - short term solution. That said, I would've rather invested more to keep Glover Quin as he is way younger.

Playoffs
03-13-2013, 06:59 PM
You make some great points, but man Michael Huff blows... I'd rather have Kerry Rhodes before him.I'd prefer Rhodes, too, but Huff has been playing out of position a lot. In 2012, he was moved to LCB for games 3-16. The guy has experience at all DB positions, but FS is his natural.

Vinny
03-13-2013, 07:00 PM
I've seen him headed to Houston, Indy, Denver and San Fran from various tweets.

TexanSam
03-13-2013, 07:02 PM
Ed Reed for a season and hopefully we can draft someone in rounds 3-5 to take over the position in 2014.

Texn4life
03-13-2013, 07:02 PM
I'd prefer Rhodes, too, but Huff has been playing out of position a lot. In 2012, he was moved to LCB for games 3-16. The guy has experience at all DB positions, but FS is his natural.

True, he has been moved around a lot in his time there but he had some really bad seasons there. I know he improved some from those, but he could only go up from being that bad.

If I had to rank the guys out of who I want based on what I think they'll cost to get them I'd say:

1. Reed
2. Rhodes
3. Woodson
4. Mikell (I don't think he's signed with anyone yet)
5. Aso and move him to safety

DX-TEX
03-13-2013, 07:37 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/MechDX/reed_zps7bc69305.png

Just popped up on my Facebook feed

Uncle Rico
03-13-2013, 07:39 PM
I'd like to believe those of you that say Reed is over the hill. Yet, every year there he is ... making plays in the most important games.

This team needs more winners IMO. That swagger is infectious, and the more of those guys that can come around the better. Draft a young S and let the man groom him a year or two.

I write this knowing full well that it wont happen, but trying to discredit the move using his playing ability is futile. The man leads by example. Pay the man Rick.

thunderkyss
03-13-2013, 07:42 PM
But...but wait. I've read right here within the last 1/2 hour or so that "Ed Reed would never play for the Texans.

:kitten:

I also remember reading on this board that Ed Reed lost a step over the last 4 or 5 months.

dtran04
03-13-2013, 07:45 PM
Realistically, he's fetching the highest contract so the Ravens can match it.

thunderkyss
03-13-2013, 07:46 PM
Never thought about the Reed/Andre connection. Andre should be busting his ass to recruit him.

It might be a done deal, & this is all a formality.

That would explain not making an official offer to Quin.

thunderkyss
03-13-2013, 07:52 PM
According to ProFootballFocus, Ed Reed was rated overall 59 out of 88 Safties (>25% team snaps) in 2012.

That's one notch below Quintin Demps, the lowest rated Texans S in 2012.

That may be true, but I guarantee you Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, & the great Joe Flacco would rather see Demps between Kj & Jj than Ed Reed.

Bulls on Parade
03-13-2013, 07:56 PM
I'd like to believe those of you that say Reed is over the hill. Yet, every year there he is ... making plays in the most important games.

This team needs more winners IMO. That swagger is infectious, and the more of those guys that can come around the better. Draft a young S and let the man groom him a year or two.

I write this knowing full well that it wont happen, but trying to discredit the move using his playing ability is futile. The man leads by example. Pay the man Rick.
Agreed. We're going to need all of the big-time playmakers we can get on defense. Because that new-look Broncos offense is going to be highly explosive with the addition of Wes Welker. Denver is probably going to be the team to beat in the AFC but we shouldn't be far off from them.

Not sure about your last paragraph though? I've got inside information telling me Ed Reed will sign with Houston (practically a done deal), but I can't really disclose my information until it's official. So just wait it out a little while my friend.

thunderkyss
03-13-2013, 07:57 PM
It would be highly atypical for this FO to bring in someone like Ed Reed.

Agreed, in typical Texans fashion, he'll come in on Friday & leave on Friday. At that point, Rick needs to move on.

ASidd_1990
03-13-2013, 08:01 PM
Apparently we've been hot after him ever since FA began. Makes me wonder if we truly wanted to re-sign Quin or not.

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
The Texans have been involved and in on Ed Reed since the start of free agency, not sudden development, per sources

Texans have made an extremely strong bid to woo Ed Reed. Whether a quick deal happens remains unclear, but they are off to a strong start

Sources emphasize that the 49ers are actually a legit contender for Ed Reed should the Texans visit not lead to a fast deal.

The Indianapolis Colts, coached by Chuck Pagano, could emerge as a suitor for Reed, but it will depend on price and his other opportunities

Uncle Rico
03-13-2013, 08:04 PM
Agreed. We're going to need all of the big-time playmakers we can get on defense. Because that new-look Broncos offense is going to be highly explosive with the addition of Wes Welker. Denver is probably going to be the team to beat in the AFC but we shouldn't be far off from them.

Not sure about your last paragraph though? I've got inside information telling me Ed Reed will sign with Houston (practically a done deal), but I can't really disclose my information until it's official. So just wait it out a little while my friend.

Denver will have to add many,many more dink and dunk plays for him because he doesnt have the separation and quickness that he once had, strong on paper, will have to see how that will mesh, but no doubt the Bronco's arent playing around, that Vasquez signing was real strong also. Hmm, wonder where they are getting the money to pay all these guys, Peyton included. Oh yeah they have a great GM.

Forgive me for being crass, but if I had a nickle for every forum contributor that i've run into through the years that said he had 'insider info' and the such, well i'd have like 20 cents, but you get my drift. I hope you're right, but like other guys here have said, too flashy and atypical for the Texans to sign a polarizing player, they are too conservative and 'classy' for all that nonsense.

Texn4life
03-13-2013, 08:04 PM
Apparently we've been hot after him ever since FA began. Makes me wonder if we truly wanted to re-sign Quin or not.

Is that really not clear to you at this point? We didn't even offer the guy a contract.

Goldensilence
03-13-2013, 08:05 PM
I wouldn't mind, I think he has a few good years left in him. He's not the Ed Reed of old, but hes better than anyone currently on the roster.

Bingo.

He might be older and doesn't have the range he used to but, I'd much rather see Reed here than even chance having Keo in the starting lineup. hell signing Reed and drafting a safety would hopefully totally bump Keo off thisroster permanently.

thunderkyss
03-13-2013, 08:06 PM
Wade would really have to change his scheme with Reed and Manning as his safeties. It's probably for the best anyway. The man scheme is AWFUL against the spread that teams are going to nowadays.

Not at all, Ed Reed would be the best FS the Texans ever had. We always left a safety deep, that was usually Demps, or Keo. That was a big problem with our defense.

With Reed, we'd leave him playing center field. Keo/Demps would have to play man, that is scary, but they'll have Reed backing them up.

Think about it, Jjo (a healthy Jjo), Kj (an improving Kj), & Ed Reed (older & wiser)..... we could put chopped liver in the box (actually, we'll have Cushing & Manning) and field a pretty strong defense.

But... I don't believe Rick Smith can seal the deal. I bet Andre has it all sewn up, & Rick is going to say something stupid & we'll watch Ed Reed fly out on the first thing smok'n

TexanBacker93
03-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Denver will have to add many,many more dink and dunk plays for him because he doesnt have the separation and quickness that he once had, strong on paper, will have to see how that will mesh, but no doubt the Bronco's arent playing around, that Vasquez signing was real strong also. Hmm, wonder where they are getting the money to pay all these guys, Peyton included. Oh yeah they have a great GM.

I also wonder if John Fox will be as good as Belichick at creating matchups and finding ways to get him the ball. While Manning is great, I think there is a drop off at HC. Add in a new OC this year and maybe the Broncos offense will take a step back.

SmoochyTX
03-13-2013, 08:15 PM
Ed Reed is a locker room distraction? I've always heard he is the quiet type of leader, much like Andre Johnson.

I don't know about a constant locker room distraction but I did see Reed's name in this article from PFT concerning him and Pollard leading an 'almost mutiny' in a Ravens team meeting after their loss to the Texans last season.

PFT link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/mutiny-may-have-been-a-factor-in-pollard-release/

Link in the article: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--john-harbaugh-kept-ravens-on-track-despite--mutiny--at-practice-in-october--164505133.html

Uncle Rico
03-13-2013, 08:16 PM
I also wonder if John Fox will be as good as Belichick at creating matchups and finding ways to get him the ball. While Manning is great, I think there is a drop off at HC. Add in a new OC this year and maybe the Broncos offense will take a step back.

Fox is a puppet coach anyways with a Peyton lead team. Question is will Peyton be able to find Welker amongst the wash. Brady is the best passer throwing it into windows and with all the exotic routes and stuff it turned Welker into a star. If you can get to Peyton and rattle him a bit he tends to lock into his guy and he'll just throw it up for Thomas, or even force it into Welker. They still dont have a legit run game. Im not sold, but they are positioning themselves on paper to be the favorite in the AFC.

aussie_texan
03-13-2013, 08:19 PM
I don't know about a constant locker room distraction but I did see Reed's name in this article from PFT concerning him and Pollard leading an 'almost mutiny' in a Ravens team meeting after their loss to the Texans last season.

PFT link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/mutiny-may-have-been-a-factor-in-pollard-release/

Link in the article: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--john-harbaugh-kept-ravens-on-track-despite--mutiny--at-practice-in-october--164505133.html

Yeah and look what that got them!
It was a terrible loss and maybe pollard and reed lit a fire under everyone's a55' that made them go on that run to winning the super bowl

Texan_Bill
03-13-2013, 08:19 PM
Is that really not clear to you at this point? We didn't even offer the guy a contract.

Whoa..... Whoa...... Freakin' WHOA!!!!

Who says we didn't offer anything???? Quin's agent (ala Mario Williams)??? His camp said the same thing. Or was it Tania Ganguli, who reported his agent that said that.

I guess that's fact then, nevermind context or fact-checking.

Norg
03-13-2013, 08:20 PM
Hell to teh NO this old mofo ... NO NO NO if there so worried about cap space why replace him with a F/A just bump someone from depth or Draft a Saftey first round

Texn4life
03-13-2013, 08:20 PM

I saw that earlier today and that's far from someone being a constant distraction. It sounded like a guy being a leader and taking up for his beat up teammates. I've never heard one story Reed being a less than stand up guy.

Texn4life
03-13-2013, 08:24 PM
Whoa..... Whoa...... Freakin' WHOA!!!!

Who says we didn't offer anything???? Quin's agent (ala Mario Williams)??? His camp said the same thing. Or was it Tania Ganguli, who reported his agent that said that.

I guess that's fact then, nevermind context or fact-checking.

From all accounts she's a reputable reporter and agents don't tend to burn bridges since they're probably going to have to do business with the team again in the future most likely. So yeah, its a possibility they're lying through their teeth about the Texans not offering, but until we hear otherwise that's what I'll believe happened.

SmoochyTX
03-13-2013, 08:27 PM
I saw that earlier today and that's far from someone being a constant distraction. It sounded like a guy being a leader and taking up for his beat up teammates. I've never heard one story Reed being a less than stand up guy.

I agree with you in that it doesn't mean he's a distraction. It may have just been one of those things. The article is long but it seems like a lot of good came out of that meeting with Coach Harbaugh and the rest of the team. I was just putting it out there for those that might be interested.

Texn4life
03-13-2013, 08:30 PM
I agree with you in that it doesn't mean he's a distraction. It may have just been one of those things. The article is long but it seems like a lot of good came out of that meeting with Coach Harbaugh and the rest of the team. I was just putting it out there for those that might be interested.

Yeah, I can see how it can come off a little as if he was questioning the coach's authority but we saw last year on Hard Knocks how leaders can step in sometimes when they don't agree with how something is handled.

htowntexans1985
03-13-2013, 08:32 PM
Hell to teh NO this old mofo ... NO NO NO if there so worried about cap space why replace him with a F/A just bump someone from depth or Draft a Saftey first round

So you want to go into next season with a rookie safety and Shiloh keo? Step away from your keyboard bruh. Reed will be an awesome leader and will add an edge to that defense they don't currently have. They need someone older to stop them from having these gimmicks that went on last year. I doubt he would have participated in any type of letterman fiasco. They need to be all about that journey for that ring.

76Texan
03-13-2013, 08:34 PM
Yeah, I can see how it can come off a little as if he was questioning the coach's authority but we saw last year on Hard Knocks how leaders can step in sometimes when they don't agree with how something is handled.

And I think Ed Reed has earned that right.

Vinny
03-13-2013, 08:36 PM
Really? They've never been the blustering kind, before. this video sounds like the Orlando Pace situation.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Ed-Reed-to-visit-Texans-on-Thursday/07dbe375-22b6-4dcb-99d9-96a5aae21ce8

False Start
03-13-2013, 08:38 PM
I would love the toughness, and bad ass attitude he would bring to the D. :aggressive:

Texecutioner
03-13-2013, 08:38 PM

First thought I had.

My guess is that Reed is using the Texans as a decoy to get another team to up their offer.

I'd love to have Reed either way if they could do it, but I don't see this as having much of a chance of happening at all.

djohn2oo8
03-13-2013, 08:47 PM
Free safety Ed Reed is proving how serious he is about testing the open market, and possibly leaving the Ravens.

Reed is scheduled to begin his free agent visit with the Houston Texans on Thursday, according to league sources with knowledge of the situation.

The Texans have a reputation for being closers and have the advantage of employing wide receiver Andre Johnson, one of Reed's closest friends from the University of Miami. A Louisiana native, Reed emphasized during the Super Bowl week that he's interested in playing in the South.

Reed might not sign with the Texans immediately necessarily even though they've made an impressive contract offer already, according to sources.

The Texans have been involved from the start of the free agency signing period, immediately declaring their interest in Reed.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ed-reed-to-visit-the-texans-source-says-20130313,0,4380932.story

Rey
03-13-2013, 09:20 PM
My guess is that reed is a Texan by Tommorrow afternoon.

Texan_Bill
03-13-2013, 09:28 PM
From all accounts she's a reputable reporter and agents don't tend to burn bridges since they're probably going to have to do business with the team again in the future most likely. So yeah, its a possibility they're lying through their teeth about the Texans not offering, but until we hear otherwise that's what I'll believe happened.

Did you ever check out her arrest record? While dismissed it's pretty much akin to Corrosion (allegedly) getting into a fight at the Colorado, where I (allegedly) punched someone in their ****ing mellon head.

"Agents don't tend to burn bridges"?

Are you kidding me???? In no specific order:
A) Drew Rosenhaus
B) Scott Boras
C) Leigh Steinberg

Titans Sux 72
03-13-2013, 09:30 PM
So you want to go into next season with a rookie safety and Shiloh keo? Step away from your keyboard bruh. Reed will be an awesome leader and will add an edge to that defense they don't currently have. They need someone older to stop them from having these gimmicks that went on last year. I doubt he would have participated in any type of letterman fiasco. They need to be all about that journey for that ring.

Exactly!

Let me see Keo or Reed to start in the season opener?????

.......and lay off the weed.

Texn4life
03-13-2013, 09:36 PM
Did you ever check out her arrest record? While dismissed it's pretty much akin to Corrosion (allegedly) getting into a fight at the Colorado, where I (allegedly) punched someone in their ****ing mellon head.

"Agents don't tend to burn bridges"?

Are you kidding me???? In no specific order:
A) Drew Rosenhaus
B) Scott Boras
C) Leigh Steinberg

Her arrest has nothing to do with her reporting. And I've never seen where an agent lies about a time whether a team even offers or not. But your point is well recognized. You don't believe her and I do. When I see someone refute the story I'll change my mind.

HoustonRaven
03-13-2013, 10:04 PM
One big thing y'all need to be careful with with Reed is his ever looming nerve impingement in his neck.

For two seasons, he's been one wrong hit away from retirement. Don't expect much tackling from him at this point in his career.

Hate seeing him go still.

ASidd_1990
03-13-2013, 10:32 PM
Colts signed LaRon Landry so take them out of the Ed Reed sweepstakes.

It's down to us and the 49ers. Lets hope AJ seals the deal and Ed Reed signs tomorrow.

Would hate for him to leave Reliant without a contract signature.

SW H-TOWN
03-13-2013, 11:31 PM
If we sign Reed we need to get a backup for real. He is talented but has a missed games in the past, guy is 34. He would be a good short term solution but we got to get a competent backup because I doubt he will play all 16 games. What really gets me is how they went about dealing with Quin. If the Texans FO says your are a top priority that means you are gone. I really don't understand why they would say that and not even offer him a contract. If I remember correctly they did the same thing last year with Mario. If it were me I would just not say anything at all or tell the guy the truth. Quin was probably confused as hell...thinking he is the top FA priority after reading what the Texans put out there and then the FO effectively showing no interest in resigning him. Strange way of doing things IMO.

Texn4life
03-13-2013, 11:37 PM
If the Texans FO says your are a top priority that means you are gone. I really don't understand why they would say that and not even offer Quin a contract. If I remember correctly they did the same thing last year with Mario. If it were me I would just not say anything at all or tell the guy the truth. Quin was probably confused as hell...thinking he is the top FA priority after reading what the Texans put out there and then the FO effectively showing no interest in resigning him. Strange way of doing things IMO.

I heard McClain quote this all the time, but I never heard anyone in the Texans FO say it. Not saying they didn't, but I never personally saw or heard it directly from them.

SW H-TOWN
03-13-2013, 11:50 PM
I heard McClain quote this all the time, but I never heard anyone in the Texans FO say it. Not saying they didn't, but I never personally saw or heard it directly from them.

Here is some stuff from the Texan's website. I should take out top and just have put priority. Still strange to me how they said he was a priority and did not offer him a contract.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Re-signing-Glover-Quin-Connor-Barwin-a-priority-for-Texans/944416ca-0610-45aa-85ec-a783dc991d79

SW H-TOWN
03-13-2013, 11:56 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Re-signing-Glover-Quin-Connor-Barwin-a-priority-for-Texans/944416ca-0610-45aa-85ec-a783dc991d79

Smith mentioned Barwin more than Quin so that should be translated to Texan's FO speak...Barwin, hell no, he ain't ever coming back :fingergun:

Texn4life
03-13-2013, 11:58 PM
Here is some stuff from the Texan's website. I should take out top and just have put priority. Still strange to me how they said he was a priority and did not offer him a contract.

Yeah, I can see how that's pretty messed up in hindsight but I guess its better than them saying we think we can do better and wish them well. Probably best to say nothing, but that's kind of a no win situation there.

mussop
03-14-2013, 12:31 AM
**** it. Lets fill all our defensive holes with cheaper quality veterans at the end of their careers. Sign Reed to take Quins place, Freeney or Umenyiora to take Barwins place and Hampton or Seymour to replace Cody.

SW H-TOWN
03-14-2013, 12:39 AM
Yeah, I can see how that's pretty messed up in hindsight but I guess its better than them saying we think we can do better and wish them well. Probably best to say nothing, but that's kind of a no win situation there.

Yep, I would not say anything either or dodge the question mostly because the players see how Smith said Quin was a priority and then treated him like a non priority by not offering him any sort of contract. The GM did not gain any respect or earn any trust with the guys in pads today.

Vance87
03-14-2013, 12:41 AM
**** it. Lets fill all our defensive holes with cheaper quality veterans at the end of their careers. Sign Reed to take Quins place, Freeney or Umenyiora to take Barwins place and Hampton or Seymour to replace Cody.

Cody ****ing blows, he may as well be an old man with that back of his.

dalemurphy
03-14-2013, 12:41 AM

If we could do that without destroying the cap, I have no doubt we'd be a better team.

Look, we had too much youth last year. Consider that we have another 11 draft picks this year, I'm not concerned with getting too old. Of course, I don't really want 6 guys on defense that are all around 35, but I'll certainly take a couple of qualtiy veterans. Given that Antonio Smith is likely gone after this year, I would forecast our that our 11 defensive starters in 2014 would all be under 28 years old, with the possible exception of Dannieal Manning:

Watt
Mitchell
Crick/Jamison/2013 draft pick?
Mercilus
Cushing
B.Reed
Braman?/2013 draft pick?
Joseph
KJackson
Pleasant (2013 draft pick)
Keo (2013 draft pick) --I'm not seeing age as a problem.

aussie_texan
03-14-2013, 04:03 AM
@AdamSchefter: RT @Teddypinderass: What are the chances Ed Reed signs with the texans? ... First visits usually -- not always but usually -- mean deals.

mussop
03-14-2013, 04:33 AM
If we could do that without destroying the cap, I have no doubt we'd be a better team.

Look, we had too much youth last year. Consider that we have another 11 draft picks this year, I'm not concerned with getting too old. Of course, I don't really want 6 guys on defense that are all around 35, but I'll certainly take a couple of qualtiy veterans. Given that Antonio Smith is likely gone after this year, I would forecast our that our 11 defensive starters in 2014 would all be under 28 years old, with the possible exception of Dannieal Manning:

Watt
Mitchell
Crick/Jamison/2013 draft pick?
Mercilus
Cushing
B.Reed
Braman?/2013 draft pick?
Joseph
KJackson
Pleasant (2013 draft pick)
Keo (2013 draft pick) --I'm not seeing age as a problem.

I wasn't being sarcastic. I think it would work. We have our core why not surround them with great veteran leadership? On top of that it would allow us to draft BPA by eliminating glaring needs.

TexanBacker93
03-14-2013, 05:23 AM

It's tough if you are asked a direct question about the players, though. Of course you want to say they are a priority. It also helps the player if they are negotiating with another team. Do you think Quin told Detroit that the Texans didn't even make an offer? That could lower his value to them.

Did it look like we ever had an official offer on the table? From what we've seen I'd say no. All they say is that they discussed money at the combine. Well, if his agent says he wants $5 million a year and that's more than the Texans want to pay I'm sure they just said call us back after you've looked around. We did the same with Myers. He found he wasn't going to get what he wanted and came back.

I think sometimes there is so much hatred towards Smith that he could draft the next Andrew Luck, sign another Andre (but 8 years younger) as a street free agent for 5 years $10 million and people will find flaws with how he did it.

SW H-TOWN
03-14-2013, 07:40 AM
It's tough if you are asked a direct question about the players, though. Of course you want to say they are a priority. It also helps the player if they are negotiating with another team. Do you think Quin told Detroit that the Texans didn't even make an offer? That could lower his value to them.

Did it look like we ever had an official offer on the table? From what we've seen I'd say no. All they say is that they discussed money at the combine. Well, if his agent says he wants $5 million a year and that's more than the Texans want to pay I'm sure they just said call us back after you've looked around. We did the same with Myers. He found he wasn't going to get what he wanted and came back.

I think sometimes there is so much hatred towards Smith that he could draft the next Andrew Luck, sign another Andre (but 8 years younger) as a street free agent for 5 years $10 million and people will find flaws with how he did it.

I think that Smith is a good GM but if you put it out there that the guy is a priority you should offer him some sort of contract, anything. Either do that or give a Belichick type answer, guy cracks me up. If I were a player I would personally take his word with a grain of salt. All these guys talk to each other and look at these FA situations closely. I bet that they are very surprised that an offer was not made and trust their boss less today than they did a couple of days ago.

htowntexans1985
03-14-2013, 07:48 AM
Houston Texans @
HoustonTexans

Wheels up! GM Rick Smith is on his
way to pick up free agent S Ed Reed in
#Texans chairman & CEO Bob
McNair's private jet

Yesterday
03-14-2013, 08:04 AM
please please please sign Ed Reed.

Agree w/ all the posts about having a player who loves to play against the Pats...

HoustonFrog
03-14-2013, 08:11 AM
This would be a great move for Texans. Reed is one of my favorite players. Even being long in the tooth the guy seems to make plays when needed and to step up at the right time. You can always use a hard nosed vet running the defensive backfield.

ArlingtonTexan
03-14-2013, 08:26 AM
I think that Smith is a good GM but if you put it out there that the guy is a priority you should offer him some sort of contract, anything. Either do that or give a Belichick type answer, guy cracks me up. If I were a player I would personally take his word with a grain of salt. All these guys talk to each other and look at these FA situations closely. I bet that they are very surprised that an offer was not made and trust their boss less today than they did a couple of days ago.

You are taking the player's (more specifically his agent's) side of the story too much. if the agent told Smith that Quin wanted to go to market either way or the talks indicated that there was a pretty good gap bewteen what Quin was demanding why would Smith make a formal offer that Quin and his agent would spin as insulting well below market value and not sign?

BTW, I am for a player like Quin getting every nickle he can from the market. He did not get the silly signing bonus, and this is probably his only chance to get anywhere "never having to work post football" money.

handswarmer
03-14-2013, 08:31 AM
I'll preface my remarks by saying I am an Ed Reed fan but that I have been disappointed with his play over the last 4-5 years. I say that because everything hasn't always been 'peaches n cream' here in Baltimore. I am not a 'disgruntled Baltimore fan'- I am pretty objective when it comes to my own team.

#1- Ed Reed hasn't been able to 'wrap up' or 'tackle' anyone since his neck impingement. Too many times over the last few years we have watched Ed go in for the big hit only to see the WR bounce off Ed and walk into the endzone.

#2-Too many times over the last few seasons, we have watched Ed "gamble" instead of staying within the scheme or defense called, that leaves a DB on an island/one on one, that results in a big play.

#3- Ed has been about himself over the last few years; will he retire, will he not? It has played out over the last few seasons and I for one, am tired of it.

#4- Ed has never been tight with John Harbaugh, the former DB coach turned HC, and when the Mike Silver article came out, both he and Pollard were id'ed as the ringleaders. Harbaugh doesn't like that; he carries a grudge, he doesn't like to be challenged.

Thats why Ed is on the plane to Houston right now.

Mr teX
03-14-2013, 08:35 AM
i don't expect much from this, to be honest i'd rather have woodson...but if he signs...:spin:

Rey
03-14-2013, 08:38 AM
Amazing that the ravens were able To win the superbowl with garbage Flacco, stupid jacoby, can't cover pollard, way over the hill ray Lewis, egocentric harbaugh, gimpy stupid Suggs and now the newest addition can't do anything Ed Reed.

Simply astonishing that a team with that many players holding them back (not to mention without their best corner) could manage to make the play offs let alone win on the road twice against the best QB's of this era in lieu to a superbowl win.

Rey
03-14-2013, 08:40 AM
Ed reed is signing here.

The team posted that Rick smith is in mcnair's private jet right now picking up Ed reed. I personally think that it's pretty much already a done deal.

BigBull17
03-14-2013, 08:44 AM
I wasn't being sarcastic. I think it would work. We have our core why not surround them with great veteran leadership? On top of that it would allow us to draft BPA by eliminating glaring needs.

Agree 100%. In our big games we shrunk under pressure. We have no real calming veteran influence to get young guys to settle down and play ball. Would love to get a few guys who have won in big situations to come in here and team with our youth.

SCOTTexans
03-14-2013, 08:45 AM
Ed reed is signing here.

The team posted that Rick smith is in mcnair's private jet right now picking up Ed reed. I personally think that it's pretty much already a done deal.

Yeah i don't see how he will be leaving without a contract. Unless 49rs offer a ungodly amount for him....

Texn4life
03-14-2013, 08:46 AM
Ed reed is signing here.

I agree, and I have a really strange feeling we'll try to re-structure and extend Smith, and still make a play for Woodson. With the way Woodson has been used they all would still be on the field a ton together. Just a hunch on that one.

Playoffs
03-14-2013, 08:48 AM
#4- Ed has never been tight with John Harbaugh, the former DB coach turned HC, and when the Mike Silver article came out, both he and Pollard were id'ed as the ringleaders. Harbaugh doesn't like that; he carries a grudge, he doesn't like to be challenged.

Thats why Ed is on the plane to Houston right now.

"I've got a rule: I never, ever, ever hold a grudge," Harbaugh said. "And I kind of have a rule that nobody else is allowed to hold a grudge, either. There are no grudges. We're a bunch of guys. We don't hold grudges. Right? We move on."

False Start
03-14-2013, 08:49 AM
Ed reed is signing here.

Sounds pretty good to me. The Texans need to sign either him or Woodson, the thought of Keo back there just makes me wanna hurl.

SCOTTexans
03-14-2013, 08:54 AM
the thought of Keo

:gun:

HoustonFrog
03-14-2013, 08:55 AM
Not agreeing with him at all..see my statements above..just posting for viewpoint

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein

As someone who has followed Houston sports my entire life, a signing of Ed Reed would feel a lot like the addition of Barkley by Rockets

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein

Rockets were trying to keep their window of opportunity open with Barkley but he added zero to their future hopes. Reed feels band-aidish

Sean Pendergast ‏@SeanCablinasian

@LanceZierlein You mean it would feel awesome?? #LifelongBarkleyFanHere

Texn4life
03-14-2013, 08:58 AM
Not agreeing with him at all..see my statements above..just posting for viewpoint

I get where Lance is coming from, but we teamed Barkley up with and old and quickly aging unit at that time. It was a bad marriage. The situations are different to me as well.

handswarmer
03-14-2013, 09:01 AM
Amazing that the ravens were able To win the superbowl with garbage Flacco, stupid jacoby, can't cover pollard, way over the hill ray Lewis, egocentric harbaugh, gimpy stupid Suggs and now the newest addition can't do anything Ed Reed.

Simply astonishing that a team with that many players holding them back (not to mention without their best corner) could manage to make the play offs let alone win on the road twice against the best QB's of this era in lieu to a superbowl win.

Yeah, they were 10-6 in regular season, a 4th and 29 in Sandiego away from collapsing, a 70 yd bomb lucky in Denver, and a non called DPI in the SB away from failure....

Mr teX
03-14-2013, 09:02 AM

this is how i kinda feel...about it...to be honest. I know what he's done in the league, but i've also seen Schaub have his way with him the last couple of match ups too.

handswarmer
03-14-2013, 09:04 AM
"I've got a rule: I never, ever, ever hold a grudge," Harbaugh said. "And I kind of have a rule that nobody else is allowed to hold a grudge, either. There are no grudges. We're a bunch of guys. We don't hold grudges. Right? We move on."

Coachspeak- thats some serious bullshart right there.

Jared Gaither was his first example. Other guys left as soon as they could in FA. Ellerbe was in Harb's ''doghouse'' all last year, starts this year, gets big FA deal in Miami, McKinnie on the bench this year, Pollard release, etc...more examples...

Mr teX
03-14-2013, 09:04 AM
Yeah, they were 10-6 in regular season, a 4th and 29 in Sandiego away from collapsing, a 70 yd bomb lucky in Denver, and a non called DPI in the SB away from failure....

But those are the kinds of things that need to happen to win SB's these days..rare do teams dominate from start to finish these days...the last team i remember like that was probably one of those 90's cowboys teams.

EllisUnit
03-14-2013, 09:07 AM
Is it to late to release Keo and bring Nolan back ??? This FO and some of their choices makes me question their thought process.

HoustonFrog
03-14-2013, 09:14 AM
this is how i kinda feel...about it...to be honest. I know what he's done in the league, but i've also seen Schaub have his way with him the last couple of match ups too.

Can't complain because they won a SB but the Cowboys lit them..Ravens D.. up last year in a loss...481 yards, 221 on ground. Romo was 25 of 36 and 261 and 2 TDs. So...

handswarmer
03-14-2013, 09:14 AM
But those are the kinds of things that need to happen to win SB's these days..rare do teams dominate from start to finish these days...the last team i remember like that was probably one of those 90's cowboys teams.

Exactly- I was being sarcastic but for all the regular season domination by teams in the 2000's, rarely did that reg seas domination reslut in a SB win.

Just look at Denver this year

CloakNNNdagger
03-14-2013, 09:24 AM
Please excuse my cynicism, but usually when there is a "high profile" player being wined and dined (even a 34 y/o), I always get the feeling that the Texans too often are being used as a red carpet............to another team......ala, leverage.

Brisco_County
03-14-2013, 09:24 AM

I think he's being facetious. At least I hope he is.

Your criticisms of Reed remind me of when Mario Williams left for Buffalo, and Texans fans and opinion writers offered Buffalo fans some "buyer beware" warnings. Buffalo fans interpreted it as sour grapes. Houston analyst Lance Zierlein had a point-by-point article about Mario that reminds me a lot of your post. As fans of the team inheriting a player that you have followed closely for many years, I think it's best that we weigh those criticisms heavily when we set our expectations.

Titans Sux 72
03-14-2013, 09:41 AM
Please excuse my cynicism, but usually when there is a "high profile" player being wined and dined (even a 34 y/o), I always get the feeling that the Texans too often are being used as a red carpet............to another team......ala, leverage.

I just don't see McNair on his dime flying Rick Smith on his personal jet unless they already offered a contract and Reed accepted it.

handswarmer
03-14-2013, 09:45 AM
I think he's being facetious. At least I hope he is.

Your criticisms of Reed remind me of when Mario Williams left for Buffalo, and Texans fans and opinion writers offered Buffalo fans some "buyer beware" warnings. Buffalo fans interpreted it as sour grapes. Houston analyst Lance Zierlein had a point-by-point article about Mario that reminds me a lot of your post. As fans of the team inheriting a player that you have followed closely for many years, I think it's best that we weigh those criticisms heavily when we set our expectations.

Yes I was.

I absolutley love Ed Reed- but he is past his prime. I like Ray LEwis but got sick of hearing how great he was, etc., when I am watching TE's run away from him across the middle, OL destroy him 4-6yds into the second level, and him celebrating a tackle after a 7-8 yd gain.

Ed did the same when he didn't guess wrong- for a long time he was our offense 03-05, blocking kicks for TDs, strip sackss for TDs, INT returns fo TDs, punt returns for TDs, etc....

But he is a freelance artist who cannot wrap up anymore. How many time this year I saw him backpedaling, running backwards, trying to throw a guy down by his shoulder pads or hold him up til a LB caught up and tackled the guy.

Mario Williams came to mind also.

Good Luck

djohn2oo8
03-14-2013, 09:47 AM

Kelli Johnson @kjohnsoncsn
Sources close 2 Ed Reed tell me, Reed is very serious about coming to Houston.. He wants to join the Texans! Leaving Baltimore not an issue

Texn4life
03-14-2013, 09:50 AM
Yes I was.

I absolutley love Ed Reed- but he is past his prime. I like Ray LEwis but got sick of hearing how great he was, etc., when I am watching TE's run away from him across the middle, OL destroy him 4-6yds into the second level, and him celebrating a tackle after a 7-8 yd gain.

Ed did the same when he didn't guess wrong- for a long time he was our offense 03-05, blocking kicks for TDs, strip sackss for TDs, INT returns fo TDs, punt returns for TDs, etc....

But he is a freelance artist who cannot wrap up anymore. How many time this year I saw him backpedaling, running backwards, trying to throw a guy down by his shoulder pads or hold him up til a LB caught up and tackled the guy.

Mario Williams came to mind also.

Good Luck

Here's the problem with that comparison. We're not committing $100 million to get Reed, and I'm pretty sure his replacement will be drafted this year. Buffalo thought they were getting an all world sack specialist who's a freak athleticly and gives his all on every play.

While we'll be excited to have the quality of Reed's resume on our team, we kind of understand what we're getting. A guy looking to close out his career with one last run or 2.

eriadoc
03-14-2013, 09:52 AM
Ed Reed is one of my all-time favorite players, and probably one of the top two safeties to play this game in my lifetime (Ronnie Lott the other). But the guy is done. The guy is Ahman Green all over again. Still, I'd rather have Ed Reed than Shiloh Keo or Troy Nolan for depth and spot play. Use him sparingly and keep him healthy for the playoffs. The only way that works is if he's paid accordingly, and as I said in another thread, I actually do NOT trust the front office.

Playoffs
03-14-2013, 09:53 AM
Coachspeak- thats some serious bullshart right there.

Jared Gaither was his first example. Other guys left as soon as they could in FA. Ellerbe was in Harb's ''doghouse'' all last year, starts this year, gets big FA deal in Miami, McKinnie on the bench this year, Pollard release, etc...more examples...Or, it could be...

Ozzie drafts well and poorer run teams overpay to harvest players from the Ravens, and

Jerad Gaither got paid and has started 9 games since leaving after '09 season .... and McKinnie is still a slimeball wannabe rap producing underperformer who Harbaugh showed remarkable patience with after he took the $500,000 bonus while showing up late & overweight .... and Reed is old & Pollard is one dimensional (see SB).

CloakNNNdagger
03-14-2013, 09:54 AM
I just don't see McNair on his dime flying Rick Smith on his personal jet unless they already offered a contract and Reed accepted it.

Wouldn't go that far, the Texans are pretty desperate to fill the Quinn void.

Kelli Johnson @kjohnsoncsn
Sources close 2 Ed Reed tell me, Reed is very serious about coming to Houston.. He wants to join the Texans! Leaving Baltimore not an issue

History has made me somewhat cynical..........but not to the point that I still don't continue to hope for good things to happen.

IDEXAN
03-14-2013, 09:58 AM
For the long-term obviously any team would prefer a 27-year-old Quin over a 34-year-old Reed if they have the cap resources to execute the deal. So for the very short-term I don't care if Reed is a stop-gap solution to Quin's departure as long as the Reed acquisition dosen't create any adverse cap implications beyond the current NFL Fiscal Year.

handswarmer
03-14-2013, 10:02 AM
Here's the problem with that comparison. We're not committing $100 million to get Reed, and I'm pretty sure his replacement will be drafted this year. Buffalo thought they were getting an all world sack specialist who's a freak athleticly and gives his all on every play.

While we'll be excited to have the quality of Reed's resume on our team, we kind of understand what we're getting. A guy looking to close out his career with one last run or 2.

He's closer to the back end than the front end...

handswarmer
03-14-2013, 10:07 AM
Or, it could be...

Ozzie drafts well and poorer run teams overpay to harvest players from the Ravens, and

Jerad Gaither got paid and has started 9 games since leaving after '09 season .... and McKinnie is still a slimeball wannabe rap producing underperformer who Harbaugh showed remarkable patience with after he took the $500,000 bonus while showing up late & overweight .... and Reed is old & Pollard is one dimensional (see SB).

The saga with gaither started when the ravens drafted the Blind Side M Oher. gaiother was making min salary at LT, Oher 1st rd LT pick money at RT ; Harbaugh switched them (even after Gaither being named in thetop 10 LT's) and Gaither suddenly developed a back injury, was cut a year later.

McKinnie was brought in as insurance; he paid off when Oher was exposed as a LT; McKinnie shut down some of the best pass rushers in the game when he finally got into the lineup- Giants, Freeney, Mathis, Dumervil, Von Miller, Aldon Smith, etc.....

Playoffs
03-14-2013, 10:08 AM
That may be true, but I guarantee you Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, & the great Joe Flacco would rather see Demps between Kj & Jj than Ed Reed.

The point was our worst S who we benched for poor decisions rated ahead of Reed.

Texn4life
03-14-2013, 10:12 AM
He's closer to the back end than the front end...

Fair or not though...... contracts set expectations and Reed's won't be anywhere close to Mario's so its a pretty ridiculous comparison when that's considered. I think the Texans are hoping to catch lightning in a bottle. A guy motivated to prove his doubters wrong and show he can still play. If you read through this thread not many people are expecting the Reed of old though so comparing him to Mario doesn't make sense from this standpoint.

dalemurphy
03-14-2013, 10:13 AM
Thje point was our worst S who we benched for poor decisions rated ahead of Reed.

Ravens defense was very bad for much of the year. Ngata was hurt. Webb was IR'd. Lewis and Suggs missed much of the year...

What Reed can still do is ballhawk and make plays in centerfield. With the pressure our front 7 gets on QBs, Reed will have lots of playmaking opportunities. I think this is the point. Quin is solid. However, he doesn't fit the makeup of their high pressure, big play defense... At $1 million per year, he was an asset. However, they can't spend $5 million a year on a non-playmaker at safety and also spend all the money they plan to in the front 7 (Cushing, Watt, A.Smith, Mercilus, Reed, Barwin or replacement)

DX-TEX
03-14-2013, 10:15 AM
Ravens defense was very bad for much of the year. Ngata was hurt. Webb was IR'd. Lewis and Suggs missed much of the year...

What Reed can still do is ballhawk and make plays in centerfield. With the pressure our front 7 gets on QBs, Reed will have lots of playmaking opportunities. I think this is the point. Quin is solid. However, he doesn't fit the makeup of their high pressure, big play defense... At $1 million per year, he was an asset. However, they can't spend $5 million a year on a non-playmaker at safety and also spend all the money they plan to in the front 7 (Cushing, Watt, A.Smith, Mercilus, Reed, Barwin or replacement)

What pressure? That was our biggest problem. When your DE in a 3/4 is your leading sacker you have problems.

HOU-TEX
03-14-2013, 10:15 AM
I'm not sure how I feel about this, other than to trust Wade.....for now

Double Barrel
03-14-2013, 10:20 AM
Ed Reed is one of my all-time favorite players, and probably one of the top two safeties to play this game in my lifetime (Ronnie Lott the other). But the guy is done. The guy is Ahman Green all over again. Still, I'd rather have Ed Reed than Shiloh Keo or Troy Nolan for depth and spot play. Use him sparingly and keep him healthy for the playoffs. The only way that works is if he's paid accordingly, and as I said in another thread, I actually do NOT trust the front office.

This is where I'm at, as well.

I've got mixed feelings. I saw the ticker on NFLN last night and I was instantly stoked. It's Ed freakin' Reed for crying out loud!

But, then the other side hit me. We are probably being used as leverage. And if he does sign, will Wade vary his offense to meet the talent? Or will he make the talent fit the system, which might not be the players' strengths? Like Vinny mentioned, this is a man coverage defense, and Reed has been in a cover 2.

I like his veteran presence and leadership that he'd bring, but with age and probably injury, plus diminishing skills, I'm seeing this as a temporary patch as much as anything else.

That said, I won't be unhappy if we sign him.

Nawzer
03-14-2013, 10:21 AM
I like Ed Reed but this move is simply a desperate move and a move to appease the fans base. They badly miscalculated on Quin.

djohn2oo8
03-14-2013, 10:25 AM
I like Ed Reed but this move is simply a desperate move and a move to appease the fans base. They badly miscalculated on Quin.

Quin is replaceable. What is wrong with you people?!!

DX-TEX
03-14-2013, 10:26 AM

Ed Reed is like 109 years old

Playoffs
03-14-2013, 10:26 AM
That said, I won't be unhappy if we sign him.

If we throw a bunch of money at him, I will be. Better options out there, imo.

TexanSam
03-14-2013, 10:27 AM

Desperate? How is it desperate to go after a veteran safety when Quin signed elsewhere?

jukhan
03-14-2013, 10:27 AM
I like Ed reed and all, but we better not overpay him. But yeah i guess we just have to trust wade.

djohn2oo8
03-14-2013, 10:28 AM

Ed Reed is still Ed Reed. The intimidation factor alone is worth it.

DX-TEX
03-14-2013, 10:29 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/MechDX/wadesaint.jpg

:koolaid:

eriadoc
03-14-2013, 10:29 AM

With whom? Ed Reed? Hate to break it to you, but Quin was better than Reed this year. You think Quin is replaceable with a rookie? Rookies make lots of dumb mistakes, and safety is the last line of defense - kind of where you don't want rookie mistakes. So you just coached up Quin for four years and then let him go just to start that cycle over again.

Ultimately, I agree with you that Quin is replaceable, but I don't see anything the Texans did in preparing to replace him, nor do I see Ed Reed as a replacement. So if he's replaceable, let's see them replace him.

djohn2oo8
03-14-2013, 10:31 AM
With whom? Ed Reed? Hate to break it to you, but Quin was better than Reed this year. You think Quin is replaceable with a rookie? Rookies make lots of mistakes. So you just coached up Quin for four years and then let him go just to start that cycle over again.

Ultimately, I agree with you that Quin is replaceable, but I don't see anything the Texans did in preparing to replace him, nor do I see Ed Reed as a replacement. So if he's replaceable, let's see them replace him.

Reed is a stop gap so they can draft his replacement and come cheaper than Quin. You do realize they can't keep everyone right? And Watt AND Cushing are gonna get PAID soon.

Dutchrudder
03-14-2013, 10:33 AM
With whom? Ed Reed? Hate to break it to you, but Quin was better than Reed this year. You think Quin is replaceable with a rookie? Rookies make lots of dumb mistakes, and safety is the last line of defense - kind of where you don't want rookie mistakes. So you just coached up Quin for four years and then let him go just to start that cycle over again.

What are you talking about? Rick Smith drafted Keo in the 5th and signed Eddie Pleasant to the PSquad. Clearly he didn't need to pay Quin because Keo is the next man up! All hail Rick Smith!

:koolaid:

eriadoc
03-14-2013, 10:33 AM
Reed is a stop gap so they can draft his replacement and come cheaper than Quin. You do realize they can't keep everyone right? And Watt AND Cushing are gonna get PAID soon.

That's fine, but then you're basically admitting that they haven't prepared for his replacement and in fact will not be replacing him this season at all. They'll just be going with a stopgap. So I take you back to your original statement - if Quin is replaceable, then why the hell aren't they replacing him? Hint: He's not so replaceable right now.

Also, your assertion would make a lot more sense if they had even offered Quin a contract before he went to Detroit. They never offered him anything at all, which tells me they aren't even trying to keep him.

djohn2oo8
03-14-2013, 10:34 AM
That's fine, but then you're basically admitting that they haven't prepared for his replacement and in fact will not be replacing him this season at all. They'll just be going with a stopgap. So I take you back to your original statement - if Quin is replaceable, then why the hell aren't they replacing him? Hint: He's not so replaceable right now.

Are the Texans not in Win Now mode?

eriadoc
03-14-2013, 10:37 AM
Are the Texans not in Win Now mode?

If they were in win now mode, they'd put the best players on the field. That would be Glover Quin ahead of Ed Reed, sad to say. If they were in win now mode, one would expect that they might be willing to sacrifice a bit of the future salary cap in order to win now.

I don't think that's necessarily the case, nor do I advocate that sort of thing. They believe they're building a team that can consistently compete year in and year out, a la Pats or Steelers. I believe they're doing this part of it wrong, that's all.

djohn2oo8
03-14-2013, 10:39 AM
If they were in win now mode, they'd put the best players on the field. That would be Glover Quin ahead of Ed Reed, sad to say. If they were in win now mode, one would expect that they might be willing to sacrifice a bit of the future salary cap in order to win now.

I don't think that's necessarily the case, nor do I advocate that sort of thing. They believe they're building a team that can consistently compete year in and year out, a la Pats or Steelers. I believe they're doing this part of it wrong, that's all.

Glover Quin is not a playmaker.

eriadoc
03-14-2013, 10:42 AM
Glover Quin is not a playmaker.

See, now you're just shifting arguments in some desperate attempt to score points. No one ever said Glover Quin was a playmaker. I don't even think he's worth the $5M he got from the Lions. But based on last year and his advancing age, for every play that Ed Reed makes these days, he screws up several more. It happens to the greatest of players. I still would like Ed Reed on the team, but at an appropriate salary and used sparingly in spot work and the playoffs.

Glover Quin is a better player than Ed Reed at the present stages in their careers. Quin will never be half as good as Ed Reed was in his prime.

BullNation4Life
03-14-2013, 10:44 AM

and still better than anybody in the secondary that the Texans have...

what does that tell you about Quinn...

GP
03-14-2013, 10:48 AM
I guess an old Ed Reed beats a young Shiloh Keo. Anybody agree? OK, Agreed.

This is a "meh" situation for me. We're Ed Reed Damned If We Do, or we will be Shiloh Keo Damned If We Don't.

Pick your poison. I'll take the veteran with physical issues over the Finnegan Lite guy every day of the week.

One thing Ed can do, that Mario NEVER did: He inspires people. He's a model of determination and professionalism. The two guys are miles apart on that issue, IMO, and If you're the front 7 for Houston you feel a little more freedom to pin your ears back than you did in 2012...even if it's the placebo effect. Who cares.

DX-TEX
03-14-2013, 10:49 AM
I guess an old Ed Reed beats a young Shiloh Keo. Anybody agree? OK, Agreed.

This is a "meh" situation for me. We're Ed Reed Damned If We Do, or we will be Shiloh Keo Damned If We Don't.

Pick your poison. I'll take the veteran with physical issues over the Finnegan Lite guy every day of the week.

One thing Ed can do, that Mario NEVER did: He inspires people. He's a model of determination and professionalism. The two guys are miles apart on that issue, IMO, and If you're the front 7 for Houston you feel a little more freedom to pin your ears back than you did in 2012...even if it's the placebo effect. Who cares.

But Mario bought HPD some Camaro's. Has Ed ever done that?

HOU-TEX
03-14-2013, 10:53 AM
Damn! Guess we really want him. It's obvious Quin was never in the plans from the start

Aaron Wilson‏@RavensInsider
Hearing Ed Reed is looking for at least $6 million per year. Texans could get within that striking range. They are very serious about him

GP
03-14-2013, 10:53 AM
But Mario bought HPD some Camaro's. Has Ed ever done that?

Nope. He just finds ways to make big plays at the right times, in big games.

Something the whole defense could use more of. JJ Watt being the exception to that statement.

I think this is a boom or bust acquisition if we end up getting Ed Reed. And I would expect him to last no more than 2 years at the most. A stop-gap solution until we can maybe groom a new Safety. And then Manning will be needing attention since his 4-year deal is up in a couple of years.

We're going to have to really do some fantastic things in the draft and free agency for the next two years to prepare for the expiring contracts of Manning and Joseph. Money and age will result in us needing another CB and probably TWO Safeties. Good times, eh? Ugh.

GP
03-14-2013, 10:55 AM
Damn! Guess we really want him. It's obvious Quin was never in the plans from the start

I nailed it a few posts before this one you just posted.

Quin, Casey, and Barwin are walking because they wanted to go after Ed Reed. I had a feeling we would pay Ed Reed whatever Quin was getting. Which is going to blow some Texans' fans minds out of their skull at the thought of paying an old man whatever Quin just got with the Lions.

LOL.

Let the :firehair: begin.

eriadoc
03-14-2013, 10:56 AM
$6M a year is just freakin' ridiculous. Yeah, Rick Smith is looking smarter every day, right?

Texn4life
03-14-2013, 10:58 AM
I nailed it a few posts before this one you just posted.

Quin, Casey, and Barwin are walking because they wanted to go after Ed Reed. I had a feeling we would pay Ed Reed whatever Quin was getting. Which is going to blow some Texans' fans minds out of their skull at the thought of paying an old man whatever Quin just got with the Lions.

LOL.

Let the :firehair: begin.

I think its all about the amount of years commitment. We'll draft a rookie and groom him to start for less than a mil a year. Then next year we may let Antonio walk and get a cheaper replacement for him.

BullNation4Life
03-14-2013, 10:59 AM
See, now you're just shifting arguments in some desperate attempt to score points. No one ever said Glover Quin was a playmaker. I don't even think he's worth the $5M he got from the Lions. But based on last year and his advancing age, for every play that Ed Reed makes these days, he screws up several more. It happens to the greatest of players. I still would like Ed Reed on the team, but at an appropriate salary and used sparingly in spot work and the playoffs.

Glover Quin is a better player than Ed Reed at the present stages in their careers. Quin will never be half as good as Ed Reed was in his prime.

wow somebody please help this dude take his Glover Quinn colored glasses off...

Quinn better than Reed, where do I start laughing? You want to go by stats, find go by stats but somebody once said stats are for losers. What Ed Reed brings to the table is by far more than anything, including youth, that Glover Quinn brings. You say for every play Reed makes he screw up several more, did you not watch Glover Quinn this year? I tell you for certain, I watched Quinn chasing more WR that blew past him that keeping up with them.

I will agree the Texans haven't figured out yet who will replace Quinn, oh yes they did, how about a HOF Super Bowl Champion FS that can teach a younger, drafted FS the ins and outs of how to play the position Reed made great...

Reed at 34-35 is still a far better value to THIS Texans defense than Quinn is in his prime....

but, I would not be surprised to see Reed become a Colt and play for his old DC before it is all said and done...

TexanSam
03-14-2013, 11:03 AM

Geez. $6 million for one season is fine. If he wants a multi-year contract, then no thanks.

BullNation4Life
03-14-2013, 11:04 AM
$6M a year is just freakin' ridiculous. Yeah, Rick Smith is looking smarter every day, right?

6 mill a year for what 2-3 years, for a HOF FS is freaking a steal for everything he brings to the table...

Reed could easily get between 8-9 mil a year just by his name alone from another team...

are you really this Anit-Reed?

Titans Sux 72
03-14-2013, 11:07 AM

"Sacrifice a bit of the future salary cap in order to win now. "

So in a year we have to cut Dwain Brown to sign Watt. Release Cush cause we signed Quinn.

Yeah that will go over like a turd in a punch bowl.

Get over it Quinn is GONE. You can't sign everybody. Draft the next man up. Win now with what you got. Reed is a better alternative than Keo. To me this shows they are trying to win now with the future in mind.

Titans Sux 72
03-14-2013, 11:09 AM
GQ got $5 mill a year am I correct?

b0ng
03-14-2013, 11:10 AM
I think signing Reed wouldn't be that terrible of a move as long as they have a competent backup in place as well.

Some of you people are acting like you're on your periods jesus. We didn't let JJ Watt or Arian Foster walk, it's Glover Quin.

BullNation4Life
03-14-2013, 11:11 AM
GQ got $5 mill a year am I correct?

I believe so and the Lions are still gonna suck...

BullNation4Life
03-14-2013, 11:13 AM
I think signing Reed wouldn't be that terrible of a move as long as they have a competent backup in place as well.

Some of you people are acting like you're on your periods jesus. We didn't let JJ Watt or Arian Foster walk, it's Glover Quin.

I think this is what they have in mind. Sign a HOF FS that can not only contribute still, but groom his replacement at a position that made Reed a HOF'er....

If you want the best FS in the league in 2-3 years, why not hire the best teacher in the league? Now it is Kubiak, Phillips and Smith's job to go find that player in the draft.

Truth be told, I would have Reed in on that meeting when looking for that player...

HoustonRaven
03-14-2013, 11:14 AM
Not trying to be snarky here, but as a Ravens fan and knowing that we play y'all this year, I hope you do sign Reed.

He's one year too late.

BullNation4Life
03-14-2013, 11:17 AM
Not trying to snarky here, but as a Ravens fan and knowing that we play y'all this year, I hope you do sign Reed.

He's one year too late.

Seriously? you seriously think after the Raven gut their team, Thanks Joe!, you are gonna have an advantage over the Texans WITH Reed, who knows Flacco's tendencies like the back of his hand...Knows when Smith is going deep... and pretty much what the Baltimore offense does inside and out...

Good luck with that...

Titans Sux 72
03-14-2013, 11:18 AM
I believe so and the Lions are still gonna suck...

Thanks. Did not know the particulars.

Titans Sux 72
03-14-2013, 11:20 AM
Not trying to be snarky here, but as a Ravens fan and knowing that we play y'all this year, I hope you do sign Reed.

He's one year too late.

Talking head to head games. We said the same thing about Jacoby. Lol

The1ApplePie
03-14-2013, 11:20 AM
The Texans now have only one (aging) weapon in the passing game, Shawn Cody at NT, and no proven outside rusher. Seems to me, taking care of one of those slots should be a bigger priority come the first round of the draft.

No problem with Ed for a year or two, if the price is right, but I am not seeing this as a blockbuster or key to the Super Bowl signing

BullNation4Life
03-14-2013, 11:27 AM
The Texans now have only one (aging) weapon in the passing game, Shawn Cody at NT, and no proven outside rusher. Seems to me, taking care of one of those slots should be a bigger priority come the first round of the draft.

No problem with Ed for a year or two, if the price is right, but I am not seeing this as a blockbuster or key to the Super Bowl signing

and we are probably not going to see that blockbuster deal this year. this is more of adding that veteran piece of the puzzle to an up and coming team looking to make it's run at the Super Bowl.

GP
03-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Talking head to head games. We said the same thing about Jacoby. Lol

Exactly.

Nobody on planet earth, maybe not even Jacoby and his mom either, thought in training camp during the summer of 2012 that at the end of the year we'd see Jacoby making a 4th and forever BOMB catch that advanced them past the Broncos, plus a multiple-TD game in the freaking Super Bowl...to win it all.

So, excuse me if I don't go slit my wrists over the idea that Ed Reed will be a dismal failure with the Texans. Is he older? Yes. I see that, and I am not saying it's not an issue. But on the right team, he's enough to make a difference if things go well.

There were times Quin looked lost or just failed to make the right read out there. How many times will that happen to a guy like Ed Reed, especially with Wade Phillips at d-coord and Manning beside him...with KJ and J-Jo at CB...and Cushing and Watt leading the way up front?

I lean toward "liking" the Ed Reed acquisition more than I do disliking it. We were screwed at Safety as of the first day of free agency...with Quin commanding AND receiving 4 times the salary he had with us. What do we do? Draft the position and pray it works? Acquire someone on the cheap and make Manning babysit the cheap guy all year? Yeah, uh no.

You spend the same money you were going to spend on Quin, and risk that you might have acquired an upgrade if the chips fall the right way.

It's football. It's not life or death. This is, as some have said on here, supposed to be fun. Let it happen if it happens. I've seen us crap away two divisional playoff games two years in a row, what else could go wrong that hasn't already gone wrong in some form or another???? Exactly. What will be, will be.

DX-TEX
03-14-2013, 11:30 AM
I may have missed 1 but I can't remember GM Rick Smith going on Bob McNair's private jet to pick up a FA like he is Ed Reed

4 hrs Drew Dougherty Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew
RT @HoustonTexans: Wheels up! GM Rick Smith is on his way to pick up free agent S Ed Reed in #Texans chairman & CEO Bob McNair's private jet

Retweeted by John McClain

.....I have no words...if this signing is complemented with another signing I would be ok with it but I just cant see why spend that money on an aging vet. I get the whole "leadership" ideal but damn.

GP
03-14-2013, 11:32 AM

I see this as a 2-year deal AT THE MOST....but with a possible third year if they can make it to where his third year is basically peanuts. Pay up front in the form of signing bonus, then make it to where he's no major cap hit if he sinks in year 2 or 3 (with the hope that he makes it through year 2, giving us time to draft or acquire the eventual long-term solution).

As a stop-gap, I'll take it and be happy. Major concern is the injury problems, but the guy is tougher than anybody else in football, IMO. Tough SOB.

Nawzer
03-14-2013, 11:33 AM

Lol. There's nothing wrong with me. I didn't say Quin wasn't replaceable, but that the Texans didn't play it right. I think they assumed he would be easy to sign. If you've been a Texans fan for a long time you know how bad the safety position has been for us. Quin wasn't perfect, but he was the best we ever had at that position. Like I said, I like Ed Reed but I'm very indifferent to this move if it happens. I get the feeling that without a dominant front seven, he'll be exposed. And no matter how great JJ Watt was last season, the Texans didn't have a dominant front seven. I'm hoping that with the return of Cushing we'll be better at stone walling offenses.

ThaJokaa
03-14-2013, 11:33 AM
.....I have no words...if this signing is complemented with another signing I would be ok with it but I just cant see why spend that money on an aging vet. I get the whole "leadership" ideal but damn.

Maybe to they plan on drafting on Safety and expect Reed to show him the ropes?

TexCanada
03-14-2013, 11:36 AM
I like the idea of Reed, but we can't blow our whole FA budget on him when we still need a pass rusher and a WR.

GP
03-14-2013, 11:37 AM
I may have missed 1 but I can't remember GM Rick Smith going on Bob McNair's private jet to pick up a FA like he is Ed Reed

Am I the only one envisioning Smith and Reed having a Stark and Roadie moment like in the first Iron Man movie???

LOL! That would be epic. Can't get the visual out of my mind after reading McClain's message there.

GP
03-14-2013, 11:38 AM
I like the idea of Reed, but we can't blow our whole FA budget on him when we still need a pass rusher and a WR.

Dude, we have Dwight Jones! The next Andre Johnson. Remember?

TexCanada
03-14-2013, 11:39 AM
Dude, we have Dwight Jones! The next Andre Johnson. Remember?

Oh ya! How are his pass rushing skills?

TexanSam
03-14-2013, 11:40 AM

The Texans aren't counting to fill all their needs through free agency.

b0ng
03-14-2013, 11:40 AM
I'll put one more post in this mess of a thread with people slap-fighting about Rick Smith (Which seems to be spilling over into a lot of threads)

Yes, Ed Reed's tackling leaves a lot to be desired, and yes, he doesn't quite have the range to make plays on the ball like he used to. However, he is still a pretty good safety in this league and I believe a secondary of JoJo, KJax (God I can't beleive how much he's improved in a year or two) and Ed Reed is not something that other NFL teams are going to take lightly. Losing Quin does sting, but I think if you can get Reed on a reasonable deal (And I mean that by him making about $4 - $5m tops as the cap hit) then you might as well go for it.

If Reed is using the Texans to get some leverage over the Ravens then so be it, it's not a huge crushing loss, and there are still plenty plenty of FA safeties left on the market.

chicagotexan2
03-14-2013, 11:41 AM
Maybe to they plan on drafting on Safety and expect Reed to show him the ropes?

I like that idea but there are other needs. Unless a young wr steps up this team is woefully inept at that position outside of Andre. Then there's the oline which was suspect at best last season. Not to mention another pass rusher. I like Reed and I think he's still good but we shouldn't blow out wad on one aging vet.

silvrhand
03-14-2013, 11:43 AM
Lol. There's nothing wrong with me. I didn't say Quin wasn't replaceable, but that the Texans didn't play it right. I think they assumed he would be easy to sign. If you've been a Texans fan for a long time you know how bad the safety position has been for us. Quin wasn't perfect, but he was the best we ever had at that position. Like I said, I like Ed Reed but I'm very indifferent to this move if it happens. I get the feeling that without a dominant front seven, he'll be exposed. And no matter how great JJ Watt was last season, the Texans didn't have a dominant front seven. I'm hoping that with the return of Cushing we'll be better at stone walling offenses.

What secondary doesn't get exposed without a front 7 that doesn't get any pressure?

SW H-TOWN
03-14-2013, 11:44 AM
Well if the jet gets whiped out then I would say it is going to get done. Hope it is a two year deal at the most. We will need to draft a S pretty early, probably round 2 or 3, due to Reed's age and injury history. If he can stay healthy this will be a good signing. Guy will show the secondary how an all time great does it.

dalemurphy
03-14-2013, 11:45 AM

Well, we have $11 million under the cap. If Reed takes half of that, we are up against it a bit. However, we can restructure A.Smith and gain $5-$7 million... Cutting him would get us $6 million. Also, Schaub will restructure and has room to do so, as does Manning, OD, Foster- without creating future issues.

Detroit was up against the cap before free agency and made all of those signings. The Texans are in a healthy position with no dead money and little oversized contracts eating the cap moving forward. So, it will come down to their will to do something beyond Reed. Should be interesting. If they are stagnant during free agency this off-season, it will indicated that McNair has the team on a tighter budget than many of the NFL teams.

TexCanada
03-14-2013, 11:45 AM
The Texans aren't counting to fill all their needs through free agency.

Of course not, but the list of needs right now is too long to address with 1 draft. If Reed is wanting 6mil per for multiple years then I'd be looking at other options at safety and making sure we got Barwin back.

GP
03-14-2013, 11:46 AM
Oh ya! How are his pass rushing skills?

Pretty awesome. A few weeks ago he said he was not only the next AJ, but that he's also the next JJ Watt.

He's pretty much the whole team if you get down to it. Dwight Jones = BEAST.

djohn2oo8
03-14-2013, 11:48 AM
Dave Zangaro @DZangaro
RT @McClain_on_NFL: Ed Reed arrived n Houston escorted by GM Rick Smith. They're headed 4 Reliant Stadium.

djohn2oo8
03-14-2013, 11:48 AM
John McClain‏@McClain_on_NFL
Reed said no contract has been done. Said he's excited to be here and has "a few things to work out."

GP
03-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Well, we have $11 million under the cap. If Reed takes half of that, we are up against it a bit. However, we can restructure A.Smith and gain $5-$7 million... Cutting him would get us $6 million. Also, Schaub will restructure and has room to do so, as does Manning, OD, Foster- without creating future issues.

Detroit was up against the cap before free agency and made all of those signings. The Texans are in a healthy position with no dead money and little oversized contracts eating the cap moving forward. So, it will come down to their will to do something beyond Reed. Should be interesting. If they are stagnant during free agency this off-season, it will indicated that McNair has the team on a tighter budget than many of the NFL teams.

We got a lot of people to pay in the next two years, too!

Cushing, Watt, KJ just to name the big ones off the top of my head...with the Joseph and Manning contracts expiring in two years, as well IIRC.

Five key positions that we're enjoying NOW...but could be headaches in a year or two from now. We've got great players that many other teams would kill to have right now. Adding Ed Reed would be a solid off-season, IMO. If we can get guys to re-structure and thereby add a really nice free agent WR or another front 7 guy on offense??? I'd be really happy with that, too.

djohn2oo8
03-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Reed said his relatives in New Orleans have been calling bout signing with Texans.

ASidd_1990
03-14-2013, 11:50 AM
Ed Reed is going to be a Texan? Pinch me. He's my favorite defensive non-Texan player.

OMG we are actually gonna make a SPLASH in FA. Who would have thunk it?

Rick Smith I take back all the nasty things I said to you.

:kingkong:

eriadoc
03-14-2013, 11:50 AM
wow somebody please help this dude take his Glover Quinn colored glasses off...

6 mill a year for what 2-3 years, for a HOF FS is freaking a steal for everything he brings to the table...

Reed could easily get between 8-9 mil a year just by his name alone from another team...

are you really this Anit-Reed?

I'm beginning to think you have problems comprehending basic written English. When I say "Glover Quin will never be half the player that Ed Reed was in his prime", what about that leads you to think I have "Quin colored glasses" (whatever the hell that is)? When I say "Ed Reed is one of my all-time favorite players, and probably one of the top two safeties to play this game in my lifetime (Ronnie Lott the other)" in post #148 of this thread, what about that makes you think I am anti-Reed?

Quin was a better player than Ed Reed was this year. That's just plain and simple fact. That says a lot more about Reed's decline and age than it does about Quin, but it is what it is. I also said Quin was not worth the $5M that the Lions gave him. So basic logic here, if Quin is not worth $5M and was a better player than Reed, and Reed has lost a few steps and is getting older, why on Earth would I think Reed is worth $6M? I'm all for Ed Reed coming to play on this team - as a replacement for Shiloh Keo or Troy Nolan, not as a replacement for Quin. For the third time in this thread, use him sparingly and keep him fresh for the playoffs, and I think Ed Reed makes a good addition to the team.

ASidd_1990
03-14-2013, 11:51 AM
PEOPLE WE ARE GETTING ED MUTHAFUGGIN REED!

Forget about Glover Quin. Ed Reed is the better safety and we could possibly sign him for LESS than what we got for Quin.

GP
03-14-2013, 11:53 AM
Reed said no contract has been done. Said he's excited to be here and has "a few things to work out."

Well, certainly he has to work some things out. If he just landed, and he's headed to Reliant, then that means he's doing the customary once-over...taking a stroll around the new digs...trying to see if it feels good.

That, plus some good negotiations between him, his agent and our front office, and I'd say a deal could be done today or tomorrow (unless another team jumps into the fray and muddies the water).

Plus, Woodson and 49ers are talking...so it's still very early in the process, and some things might happen that we didn't expect. Just like how it went down with Aso and then we ended up with J-Jo and Manning instead.

I do thinkm however, that this is all but a done deal. Customary meetings and handshaking, fawning over Ed and making him feel welcome, and just doing good customary ground work before anything is signed. We'll see.

Thank you for posting the info, by the way.

DX-TEX
03-14-2013, 11:54 AM

Yeah like if his bank has a branch in Houston.

GP
03-14-2013, 11:56 AM
I'm beginning to think you have problems comprehending basic written English. When I say "Glover Quin will never be half the player that Ed Reed was in his prime", what about that leads you to think I have "Quin colored glasses" (whatever the hell that is)? When I say "Ed Reed is one of my all-time favorite players, and probably one of the top two safeties to play this game in my lifetime (Ronnie Lott the other)" in post #148 of this thread, what about that makes you think I am anti-Reed?

Quin was a better player than Ed Reed was this year. That's just plain and simple fact. That says a lot more about Reed's decline and age than it does about Quin, but it is what it is. I also said Quin was not worth the $5M that the Lions gave him. So basic logic here, if Quin is not worth $5M and was a better player than Reed, and Reed has lost a few steps and is getting older, why on Earth would I think Reed is worth $6M? I'm all for Ed Reed coming to play on this team - as a replacement for Shiloh Keo or Troy Nolan, not as a replacement for Quin. For the third time in this thread, use him sparingly and keep him fresh for the playoffs, and I think Ed Reed makes a good addition to the team.

You're alright. I know you long enough on here that I know you're just guarded and being what ANY long-time Texans fan would be right now: A bit skeptical that our "best laid plans" might be crap when it fleshes itself out on the field of play on Sundays.

No worries, man. I go back and forth on this, but at the end of the day I remember that hey, We were gonna lose Quin due to money...the Texans are trying to get a competent replacement (one who has true experience)...so this is just fun and games when it's all said and done.

We still have a pretty erratic QB who will impact this team way more than gimpy Ed Reed will. IMO. Look at it that way.

eriadoc
I'll put one more post in this mess of a thread with people slap-fighting about Rick Smith (Which seems to be spilling over into a lot of threads)

Yes, Ed Reed's tackling leaves a lot to be desired, and yes, he doesn't quite have the range to make plays on the ball like he used to. However, he is still a pretty good safety in this league and I believe a secondary of JoJo, KJax (God I can't beleive how much he's improved in a year or two) and Ed Reed is not something that other NFL teams are going to take lightly. Losing Quin does sting, but I think if you can get Reed on a reasonable deal (And I mean that by him making about $4 - $5m tops as the cap hit) then you might as well go for it.

This is the root of my problem with the potential signing. He's not worth $6M. He's really not worth what you said, except on a 1-2 year deal, which would be fine.

djohn2oo8
Mark Berman @MarkBermanFox26
Ed Reed thrilled GM Rick Smith brought him to Houston for a visit on Bob McNair's jet: "It's that southern hospitality Just a great feeling"

eriadoc
We still have a pretty erratic QB who will impact this team way more than gimpy Ed Reed will. IMO. Look at it that way.

I don't want to LOL.

djohn2oo8
03-14-2013, 11:57 AM
Jason La Canfora ✔ @JasonLaCanfora
Ed Reed has landed in Houston w/ his financial advisors Brad Davis and Brad Schwartz. Texans trying to woo him http://twitpic.com/cbbjxa

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/744608926.jpg?key=32641836&Expires=1363281005&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=hk~dJPhBWbatOK2fYGpNVrpEQp0u~AAzu1~XE1U5 s84gtRwLBT54lMJmM~q3hHGRFZFx9eaDo3q2r-xqq7DtIh2bDjt-JL3lLIe8SHE27wjgyre5zVzrjwW6VlxJU~jv8HfOTTS~4kI7Rv VBTEn2-n~Xq988xrlT6DsbXQ42DPM_

djohn2oo8
03-14-2013, 11:58 AM
Ed Reed on Texans interest: "It's mutual. See if we can work some things out. Conversations have been great, amazing, on the same page."

Playoffs
03-14-2013, 12:00 PM
Ed Reed has landed in Houston w/ his financial advisors Brad Davis and Brad Schwartz. Texans trying to woo him http://twitpic.com/cbbjxa

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/744608926.jpg?key=32641836&Expires=1363281005&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=hk~dJPhBWbatOK2fYGpNVrpEQp0u~AAzu1~XE1U5 s84gtRwLBT54lMJmM~q3hHGRFZFx9eaDo3q2r-xqq7DtIh2bDjt-JL3lLIe8SHE27wjgyre5zVzrjwW6VlxJU~jv8HfOTTS~4kI7Rv VBTEn2-n~Xq988xrlT6DsbXQ42DPM_

Gotta be a done deal. Texans would have egg on their face letting pics like this get out then not signing him, imo.

rmartin65
03-14-2013, 12:01 PM
Gotta agree with eriadoc here. Reed looked O-L-D last year. I have my fingers crossed, but I don't expect him to be an upgrade. Probably a lateral move at best.

If it is only a one year deal, then 5-6 mill wont bother me. Anything longer, and I want to see 3-4 mill per year.

b0ng
03-14-2013, 12:03 PM
This is the root of my problem with the potential signing. He's not worth $6M. He's really not worth what you said, except on a 1-2 year deal, which would be fine.

The Texans did not bring Ed Reed down to Houston to make him the highest paid safety in the NFL so you can probably relax a bit on the "root" of your problem.

TexanSam
03-14-2013, 12:03 PM
Ed Reed thrilled GM Rick Smith brought him to Houston for a visit on Bob McNair's jet: "It's that southern hospitality Just a great feeling"

I wish I could experience some of that southern hospitality!

thunderkyss
03-14-2013, 12:07 PM
When I say "Ed Reed is one of my all-time favorite players, and probably one of the top two safeties to play this game in my lifetime (Ronnie Lott the other)"

What did you think of Rod Woodson?

Brisco_County
03-14-2013, 12:11 PM

I want that effing plane.

BullNation4Life
03-14-2013, 12:14 PM

just skimmed over the drivel....

But your logic is absolutely flawed and here is why, Quinn was better for 1 year, according to some stupid ranking system, Reed better for what, last 11? Reed had 1 less INT last year than Quinn has had in 2 yrs as a Safety, if you want to look at loser stats. If you want to pay for a player that was better for 1 year, than you are not business smart, or about as smart as Al Davis was paying for Larry Brown for his 1 year and SB MVP year. I go by the eye test, and I know I got 20/20 vision, and my eyes tell me Reed is far better now than Quinn, any day of the week, twice on Sunday even at 34-35 years of age.

Ed Reed has a resume, a very good HOF resume. What the F has Glover Quinn ever done? I can easily justify paying Ed Reed 6 mill a year for the next 2-3 years for the simple fact of who he is and what he has done in this league not to mention what he can do as leadership for this defense that seemed to pee pee its pants at the site of elite QB's, that including Glover Quinn. He is an updgrade, even at 34-35, to Glover Quinn in more ways than many.

Not a freaking replacement for Keo...That is just asinine...

eriadoc
03-14-2013, 12:15 PM
What did you think of Rod Woodson?

I remember him best as a returner and CB, and a great one. By the time he got around to playing safety, he was a bit older and the move extended his career. Not that he wasn't a good safety as well; I just remember him as a CB primarily. Lott moved from CB to safety as well, but did so earlier in his career and didn't do it because he'd lost a step. At least, that's how I remember it.

Still, it's picking nits between HOF players. Woodson was the first DB to go into the HOF since Lott, IIRC.

Brisco_County
03-14-2013, 12:16 PM
I'm surprised by the distance between opinions in this thread, but this is the most fun I've had on Texans Talk since last preseason.

eriadoc
03-14-2013, 12:20 PM
just skimmed over the drivel....

Well, reading is fundamental, especially if you're going to argue.

But your logic is absolutely flawed and here is why, Quinn was better for 1 year, according to some stupid ranking system ...

Don't know what ranking system you're referring to and I sure haven't cited one. In fact, I haven't used stats at all in my arguments. Are you familiar with the term "straw man argument"?

... Reed better for what, last 11?

Deion Sanders was better than Quin's been in his career as well, but I bet he isn't better than Quin right now. The last 11 years don't matter in the NFL.

Reed had 1 less int last year than Quinn has had in 2 as a Safety.

Ahh, so you dispute whatever stats you were referring to before, but now you're relying on the stats you like. I see. I still haven't used any stats in my argument.

I go by the eye test, and I know I got 20/20 vision, and my eyes tell me Reed is far better now than Quinn, any day of the week, twice on Sunday even at 34-35 years of age.

Maybe you should get whoever's checking your eyes checked. Because just about everyone agrees that Ed Reed looked old and slow last year. So if your eyes are telling you something different, then your 20/20 only exists in bizarro world.

And if you want to talk about bad business decisions, paying guys like Ahman Green and Eric Moulds in the twilight of their career for things they accomplished with someone else is a terrible business decision.

Norg
03-14-2013, 12:21 PM
this is a gamble IMO a roll of the dice but o well

i guess it win and win now state of mind

djohn2oo8
03-14-2013, 12:22 PM
Its been a great ride, Reed said about his 11 seasons with the Ravens. The fan support has been truly amazing a lot of love and a lot of blood, sweat and tears.

Its definitely tough, but after 11 years, you pretty much understand things about the business. After leaving a program like Miami and being around the great people in Baltimore, I think the transition (to his next team) will be all right.
One of Reeds best friends is his former Miami teammate, Andre Johnson.

Andres like a little brother to me, Reed said. Hes always known that any time he needs anything, he can always call me.
He hasnt been recruiting me, but hes been communicating with me the last 10 years about Houston. Ive always had a great time here, and Ive always competed well against (Texans).

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/03/ed-reed-arrives-in-houston-calls-texans-classy/

b0ng
03-14-2013, 12:25 PM
I've read a couple things from the RavensInsider guy on twitter saying Reed wants $6m a year. I'm not sure what to think about that, as it is higher than what I think he would be worth to our team.

I'm not sure the Texans would be willing to offer that either, or that Reed is just getting offers to take back to the Ravens. However, I come back to saying $4 - $5m tops and I feel that should be the top offer to the guy, but if it took $6m to get him to sign. . . I mean it's a whopping $1m more and you're still getting a guy whom you can count on to make a few picks and make QB's still hesitant to throw near or around him. It certainly is a tough call here as the numbers do seem fairly close (In my head anyway, I have no idea what the Texans are actually offering him).

EDIT: Screw it, I'm gonna go roast a bowl and think it over.

Rey
03-14-2013, 12:27 PM
Reed was and is a better player than glover Quinn. Not even close.

Glover would have been good with reed, but you need at least one safety that can cover deep.

Yeah reed is going to get burned some, give up some big plays. But overall he's going to provide much, much more than Quinn in pass coverage.

I feel a lot better about going into games late in December where it's win or go home and we have to play Brady, manning and now luck x2 with Ed reed vs glover Quinn. I have more confidence in a defense with Ed reed on the back end forcing good qb's into mistakes than I do with glover Quinn.

Solid play is fine, but we need to force turnovers and get big plays. Ed reed has a muuuuuuuuch better shot at being that guy next year than gq.

BullNation4Life
03-14-2013, 12:29 PM
Well, reading is fundamental, especially if you're going to argue.

Don't know what ranking system you're referring to and I sure haven't cited one. In fact, I haven't used stats at all in my arguments. Are you familiar with the term "straw man argument"?

Deion Sanders was better than Quin's been in his career as well, but I bet he isn't better than Quin right now. The last 11 years don't matter in the NFL.

Ahh, so you dispute whatever stats you were referring to before, but now you're relying on the stats you like. I see. I still haven't used any stats in my argument.

Maybe you should get whoever's checking your eyes checked. Because just about everyone agrees that Ed Reed looked old and slow last year. So if your eyes are telling you something different, then your 20/20 only exists in bizarro world.

And if you want to talk about bad business decisions, paying guys like Ahman Green and Eric Moulds in the twilight of their career for things they accomplished with someone else is a terrible business decision.

and your whole argument is based on 1 year of production from Quinn, which is beyond ridiculous. Green and Moulds were no where near the caliber of player as Reed. Period, end of discussion.

compared to the blind man who thinks Quinn is better than Reed because of 1 year, I'd say my vision is just fine...How about you come back to reality like normal folks...

Deion Sanders? WTF are you talking about? Now you are taking asinine to a whole other level. Sanders hasn't been in the league for what 5 years now and didn't even play the same position as Reed and Quinn. Analogy Fail!

You can make all the little smart ass jokes ya want, bottom line is Ed Reed is still better at 34-35 than Quinn is now. 1 year from Quinn does not dispute that fact. Reed will be an upgrade in the fact he is a leader, he has experience facing elite QB's and has a HOF career playing FS.

He may be a little slower, but a slower Ed Reed is still by far better than anything Glover Quinn had to offer.

TEXANRED
03-14-2013, 12:31 PM
Reed was and is a better player than glover Quinn. Not even close.

Half an Ed Reed @ 34 y.o. is better than a full younger G.Q.

HoustonRaven
03-14-2013, 12:34 PM
Seriously? you seriously think after the Raven gut their team, Thanks Joe!, you are gonna have an advantage over the Texans WITH Reed, who knows Flacco's tendencies like the back of his hand...Knows when Smith is going deep... and pretty much what the Baltimore offense does inside and out...

Good luck with that...

All I'm saying is if you want an expensive FS who doesn't wrap up, then I think you're a year too late in getting your money's worth. $6 Million is the rumored asking price. Isn't that 2/3 of your cap space?

That tendency card works both ways, by the way. Flacco's been practicing against Reed for five years now.

djohn2oo8
03-14-2013, 12:36 PM
Greg Koch ‏@gregkoch1
"@McClain_on_NFL: Ed Reed arrives in Houston, calls #Texans "classy." Also says ride down I45 from Bush to Kirby the most scenic drive ever

b0ng
03-14-2013, 12:36 PM
All I'm saying is if you want an expensive FS who doesn't wrap up, then I think you're a year too late in getting your money's worth. $6 Million is the rumored asking price. Isn't that 2/3 of your cap space?

That tendency card works both ways, by the way. Flacco's been practicing against Reed for five years now.

The Texans didn't exactly need Reed in 2012 to make the Ravens look silly. I doubt it's a move specifically designed to target what the Texans can do to the Ravens. I think this is more of an idea that they can make the secondary better (Which I do believe Reed is better in coverage than Quin, even with the disparity in their ages).

DX-TEX
03-14-2013, 12:38 PM
Greg Koch ‏@gregkoch1
"@McClain_on_NFL: Ed Reed arrives in Houston, calls #Texans "classy." Also says ride down I45 from Bush to Kirby the most scenic drive ever

They don't have billboards every half mile in Baltimore?

Titans Sux 72
03-14-2013, 12:39 PM
Greg Koch ‏@gregkoch1

Good thing they did not fly into Hobby.