PDA

View Full Version : 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Blake
03-20-2013, 10:22 AM
This thread is for all discussion relating to the 2013 Texans Talk Member Mock draft.

76Texan
03-20-2013, 10:31 AM
This thread is for all discussion relating to the 2013 Texans Talk Member Mock draft.

Well, I'm glad you're back SM.

Blake
03-20-2013, 10:40 AM
Well, I'm glad you're back SM.

haha I guess I just really love the draft so I will help steelb and company out. Ive been away for quite awhile, I just cant handle arguing in this forum format all the freaking time. Anyways, back to the show.

Dutchrudder
03-20-2013, 10:49 AM
I'm gonna sit this one out, but here's a listing of all the draft picks in order including comp picks: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/71298/current-2013-nfl-draft-order-2

76Texan
03-20-2013, 11:13 AM
haha I guess I just really love the draft so I will help steelb and company out. Ive been away for quite awhile, I just cant handle arguing in this forum format all the freaking time. Anyways, back to the show.

I'm sure we can get this moving quickly with everybody chipping in.
It's good to have the "pros" manning it.
You guys just tell me what you want me to do.

Should we set a deadline for closing "registration"?
I can take on a team or two if needed, but like I said, I will be happy to sit
out and let somebody has a go at it.

steelbtexan
03-20-2013, 12:54 PM
Draft starts Monday 7 AM. Wolf 6151 is on the clock. I know he works nights and may be asleep at 7am. So he can PM the pick if he needs too.

drs23
03-20-2013, 02:33 PM
I'm gonna sit this one out, but here's a listing of all the draft picks in order including comp picks: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/71298/current-2013-nfl-draft-order-2

What the hell are the Brownies going to do without you? They're going to hell in a hand basket for sure.

Dutchrudder
03-20-2013, 02:34 PM
What the hell are the Brownies going to do without you? They're going to hell in a hand basket for sure.

I think they will be much better off, I haven't been following the draft prospects all that much this year. I wouldn't be much use beyond the 3rd round.

drs23
03-20-2013, 03:26 PM
I think they will be much better off, I haven't been following the draft prospects all that much this year. I wouldn't be much use beyond the 3rd round.

Kinda the same thing here but I missed it last season so I'm going to take some time, from somewhere, and participate this time.

76Texan
03-20-2013, 03:31 PM
Kinda the same thing here but I missed it last season so I'm going to take some time, from somewhere, and participate this time.

You guys can make a pair! And why not?

Wolf6151
03-20-2013, 03:48 PM
So do we post our picks here, or in the TT Mock Draft signup page?

I'm going with the obvious pick Luke Joeckel-OT from up the road a bit. Just like the real draft since I'm first I can be premature and sign my guy early with Monopoly money. Not having a 2nd round pick is going to suck though.

1. The Kansas City Chiefs select Luke Joeckel-OT.

76Texan
03-20-2013, 04:21 PM

I'm going with the obvious pick Luke Joeckel-OT from up the road a bit. Just like the real draft since I'm first I can be premature and sign my guy early with Monopoly money. Not having a 2nd round pick is going to suck though.

For the time being, let just say that Steelb is available early in the morning and I will take over the mid-shift before he relieves me in the afternoon.
Blake and Texan4Ever are kind enough to help; I only help with the time, as I think I have that the most.
We will have plenty of helps from the folks you've noticed in different posts and threads.
I wanted to offer help last year, but I figured they didn't need me.

At any rate, please have your says about anything.

The reason I want to exclude myself from the mock draft is solely because I think I can be of help in any other capacity, no matter where the calling is from.

I have enjoyed the mock drafts for a few years now even though I was never a participant.

I appreciated the works of people who made it possible

So let's have some fun!

76Texan
03-20-2013, 04:26 PM

You know what; I was thinking about this.
I thought it would be neat if each of the participant creates a separate thread about "their team".

I think it will be a good excercise for many of us to learn about different teams without having to spend too much individual efforts.

Personally; I would love too. There's just not enough time in the day though.

76Texan
03-21-2013, 10:29 PM

1. The Kansas City Chiefs select Luke Joeckel-OT.

Blake, you're up next with the Jaguars and the #2 pick.

Srono and the Raiders, please get ready with the #3 pick.

srrono
03-22-2013, 12:29 AM
[/COLOR]

Blake, you're up next with the Jaguars and the #2 pick.

Srono and the Raiders, please get ready with the #3 pick.

oK I am ready lol I thought I was the Bears.

htownfan32
03-22-2013, 01:37 AM
I didn't think we were starting till Monday? No matter, did my research on the Giants. This is going to be interesting.

Wolf6151
03-22-2013, 01:51 AM
As I understand it the draft does begin 7am Monday morning. In the spirit of the draft I made my selection early because I was #1 and just like a real team with the first selection that will sometimes sign their selection to a contract a day or 2 before the draft.

Blake
03-22-2013, 09:57 AM
Jags take Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia

He will sit this year while Gabbert sinks or swims. But new head coach gets his new QB to grow with.

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/185/542/hi-res-155371382_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

76Texan
03-22-2013, 10:01 AM
Jags take Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia

He will sit this year while Gabbert sinks or swims. But new head coach gets his new QB to grow with.

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/185/542/hi-res-155371382_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

Will the Jags pull this move in real life?
I think they will, but they might trade down a few spots !?!?

Brandon420tx
03-22-2013, 11:06 AM
They have to beat the eagles for him. While I doubt the eagles will move up to take Geno, I heard rumors the owner wants him. If someone else wants him they'll have to jump in front of 4

76Texan
03-22-2013, 11:13 AM
They have to beat the eagles for him. While I doubt the eagles will move up to take Geno, I heard rumors the owner wants him. If someone else wants him they'll have to jump in front of 4

So if the Jags want Geno, they have to take him at #2, correct?

Otherwise, they can shop their #2 pick and find another QB later on.

Perhaps, they can deal with the Eagles and gouge them out of a 6th rounder or so to swap places?

Dutchrudder
03-22-2013, 11:43 AM
So if the Jags want Geno, they have to take him at #2, correct?

Otherwise, they can shop their #2 pick and find another QB later on.

Perhaps, they can deal with the Eagles and gouge them out of a 6th rounder or so to swap places?

It would take more than a 6th To move up. Look at what the Browns paid last year to move from 4 to 3. I think it was a 4th 6th and 7th.

76Texan
03-22-2013, 11:48 AM
It would take more than a 6th To move up. Look at what the Browns paid last year to move from 4 to 3. I think it was a 4th 6th and 7th.

Wow, I didn't realize it was that much.

Who did they select at #3?

LOL, I might go looking for the answer right now; I'm just curious to know your take why they did that?

b0ng
03-22-2013, 11:56 AM
As the new Buffalo GM my first order of business is to cut Mario Williams. . .

. . . What do you mean this is draft only?

srrono
03-22-2013, 04:00 PM
OK I will take OAK

srrono
03-22-2013, 04:21 PM
With the 3rd pick of the 2013 NFL Draft the Oakland Raiders select Sharrif Floyd DT Florida.
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/7919/sfloyd.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/832/sfloyd.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

76Texan
03-22-2013, 04:42 PM
The Raiders probably need to trade down to accumulate more picks.
But who am I to argue with the sheriff.

76Texan
03-22-2013, 04:45 PM
Eagles (TexanSeminole) are next up!

TexansSeminole
03-22-2013, 05:28 PM
With the 4th pick, the Eagles select...

Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama.

The Eagles lost DRC and Nnamdi, return only Brandon Boykin at CB. They added C. Williams from Baltimore but I see him as a #2 corner, far from elite. They also picked up Fletcher but he is mostly for depth. Milliner gives them a corner who could develop into one of the better corners in the league.

Thought about going tackle here, but the Eagles are getting J. Peters back from injury and I couldn't leave the Eagles in the situation they are in at corner.

Texan4Ever
03-22-2013, 05:32 PM
First, screw you TexanSeminole, you took my pick! :)

Anyone know who 45 Suof is? Couldn't find him in the members list for Detroit.

TexansSeminole
03-22-2013, 05:33 PM

;)

Shaft45 maybe?

76Texan
03-22-2013, 05:38 PM

There's a 45souf, whom I had PMed right after I PMed Seminole.

Hopefully, he'll answer the bell soon.

This might be the first wait we encounter!?!?

Wolf6151
03-22-2013, 06:08 PM

Hey technically it still doesn't start til Monday at 7am, but I'm glad we're getting an early start.

76Texan
03-22-2013, 07:07 PM
Hey technically it still doesn't start til Monday at 7am, but I'm glad we're getting an early start.

Oh I realize that; I'm not on anybody case anyhow, LOL!

I forgot to add NO TRADES in this mock.

Should I add the picks to the draft board, even though the draft doesn't technically start until Monday?

steelbtexan
03-22-2013, 11:16 PM
Should I enter the picks that have been made, even though the draft doesn't technically start until Monday?

Wolf6151
03-23-2013, 01:18 AM
Should I enter the picks that have been made, even though the draft doesn't technically start until Monday?

Yes

76Texan
03-24-2013, 02:16 PM

I will update the status as soon as I can on the Lions' GM.

If he backs out, I will make a pick for him unless somebody wants to take over the Lions?

If I do pick for the Lions, it will be very quickly.
The next two spots will also be done with rather quickly, so b0ng, you'd better be ready. Your turn might come up as early as 7:15-7:30 A.M. on Monday.

BTW, if you guys have your pick ready, just let me or Steelb know about your intention early (you don't have to tell us the pick.)

This way, I can put up the alert for those who are near the slot so they can get ready; hopefully, that will speed up the process.

76Texan
03-24-2013, 02:19 PM
Also, I suggest that all participants get their pick ready; the top ten might move quickly.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 07:54 AM
Paging 45souf; please come to the Moc Draft Section.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 08:47 AM
Hey guys; what do you normally do (previous years) when several picks were chosen quickly?

The team that was on the clock may not be available because the GM didn't expect his time would come so soon.

What do we do?

Corrosion
03-25-2013, 09:08 AM
Paging 45souf; please come to the Moc Draft Section.

Dude has 1 post .... No activity in two days. Probably should have limited signups to people with a history on the forums , reputable members.

His was the only name on the signup list I didnt recognize .... If he doesnt answer soon , might look to get someone else to handle that team.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 09:22 AM
Dude has 1 post .... No activity in two days. Probably should have limited signups to people with a history on the forums , reputable members.

His was the only name on the signup list I didnt recognize .... If he doesnt answer soon , might look to get someone else to handle that team.

I know; but I guess we'll be patient.

If nobody wants to take over the spot, I will handle it.
If anybody wants it, please claim the Lions at any time (if 45 doesn't show up) even after I take receivership of the spot.

steelbtexan
03-25-2013, 09:28 AM

We have already done that. 76 will take the Lions unless somebody else wants them. I will give the noobie until 11AM.
texans4ever start putting your thinking cap on.

It's too bad some posters try to ruin this, I didn't know how to tell the noobie he wasn't welcome. I guess I learned my lesson. 9My inner ********* should've made an appearance. LOL)

76Texan
03-25-2013, 09:36 AM
We have already done that. 76 will take the Lions unless somebody else wants them. I will give the noobie until 11AM.

It's too bad some posters try to ruin this, I didn't know how to tell the noobie he wasn't welcome. I guess I learned my lesson. 9My inner ********* should've made an appearance. LOL)

Texan4Ever already got his guy lined-up; so does b0ng.

Come 11:00 A.M.and there will be several picks off the board quickly.

Please have your picks ready, peeps.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 09:42 AM
Guys; also if you would like to receive an e-mail notification when your turn comes up; feel free to PM me.

Rey
03-25-2013, 09:50 AM
I'll be ready when colts are on the clock...hopefully

76Texan
03-25-2013, 10:01 AM
I'll be ready when colts are on the clock...hopefully
Good to know!

Also, I think it will be useful if the GMs announce their intention whether they will be quick with their selection or not.
That way, others can get ready sooner.

Any suggestion welcomed.

Dutchrudder
03-25-2013, 10:09 AM
Im ready with the Bears pick, but there's a good chance my guy will be selected in the next 15...

Dutchrudder
03-25-2013, 10:14 AM
Wow, I didn't realize it was that much.

Who did they select at #3?

LOL, I might go looking for the answer right now; I'm just curious to know your take why they did that?

Actually it was "According to ESPN and FOX Sports, the Vikings have swapped spots with Cleveland, giving the Browns the 3rd pick for the 4th. The Vikings also receive 3 other picks in the 4th, 5th, and 7th rounds."

That's a lot to give to move up just one spot. The situation was Luck, RG3, then the Vikings were expected to take LT Kalil, but Tampa was trying to trade up to get Trent Richardson. So the Browns paid a bit of a premium to ensure they got TR. You have to think that if a team needs to trade up there is another team wanting to do so as well, and that escalates the price. If the Eagles want Geno at 2, I'm sure the Jags will work out a deal with them, but it will probably cost at least a 3rd.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 10:16 AM
Actually it was "According to ESPN and FOX Sports, the Vikings have swapped spots with Cleveland, giving the Browns the 3rd pick for the 4th. The Vikings also receive 3 other picks in the 4th, 5th, and 7th rounds."

That's a lot to give to move up just one spot. The situation was Luck, RG3, then the Vikings were expected to take LT Kalil, but Tampa was trying to trade up to get Trent Richardson. So the Browns paid a bit of a premium to ensure they got TR. You have to think that if a team needs to trade up there is another team wanting to do so as well, and that escalates the price. If the Eagles want Geno at 2, I'm sure the Jags will work out a deal with them, but it will probably cost at least a 3rd.

No wonder the Browns suck, LOL!

Seņor Stan
03-25-2013, 10:28 AM
Ready with the Tinnbreads.

I'll be out of the office for lunch soon, but will make my pick at no 10 at no later than 1PM...

Corrosion
03-25-2013, 10:33 AM

No big deal .... I didnt notice until I went and looked that it was a totally new account with only one post.

Looks like all the rest are filled with stable members of the board .... we should have a good draft.

Ive got Cincy at 21 - anyone have any input for that franchise ?!

I have the Texans pretty much figured out ... but Im sure we all have a good idea of their needs.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 10:35 AM
Ready with the Tinnbreads.

I'll be out of the office for lunch soon, but will make my pick at no 10 at no later than 1PM...

That would work. We can have a little lunch break.
I think I will go ahead and make the selection for the Lions then.

Seņor Stan
03-25-2013, 10:36 AM
No big deal .... I didnt notice until I went and looked that it was a totally new account with only one post.

Looks like all the rest are filled with stable members of the board .... we should have a good draft.

I have the Texans pretty much figured out ... but Im sure we all have a good idea of their needs.

Eliminate background checks form your draft logarithm...

76Texan
03-25-2013, 10:37 AM
With the fifth pick in the draft, the Lions select OT Eric Fisher (Central Michigan.)

Losing both starting tackles is tough.
Fisher looks like a guy who can step in and at least does an adequate job.

03/16/2013 - 2013 Central Michigan Pro Day: Central Michigan's Eric Fisher keeps his draft stock soaring...Representatives from 28 NFL teams gathered at Central Michigan's pro day Monday, where 18 players participated in a workout that was held indoors on FieldTurf. Projected top-10 draft pick Eric Fisher - NFL.com's Bucky Brooks had him going No. 1 to the Kansas City Chiefs in his latest mock draft - was the main attraction and did not discourage the continuing rise of his draft stock.

Fisher (6-foot-7 1/2, 304 pounds) displayed his athleticism in a workout led by Jacksonville Jaguars offensive line coach George Yarno. Fisher stood by his numbers from the NFL Scouting Combine, where he was a top performer in his position group in both the broad jump and 20-yard short shuttle. Fisher can follow in the footsteps of the San Francisco 49ers offensive tackle Joe Staley, a first-round draft pick in 2007 out of Central Michigan and a Pro Bowl selection in 2012. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com

http://www.themorningsun.com/storyimage/MS/20121026/SPORTS/121029739/AR/0/AR-121029739.jpg&MaxW=620&MaxH=320

I'm a knee-bender.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 10:38 AM

Check with the FBI for a referral, :ahhaha:

76Texan
03-25-2013, 10:45 AM
With the Sixth pick in the draft, the Browns (GM Texan4Ever) select OG Chance Warmack (Alabama)

Chance Warmack, OG - The Browns should trade down and pick Warmack if Millner is not on the board. (Note by Texan4Ever)

76Texan
03-25-2013, 10:56 AM
Steelb asked me to announce his pick for him after 11:00 A.M.
b0ng did, too.

So dsr23, you hang on tight.
I will give steelb a few more minutes to see if he appears from somewhere and runs up to the podium.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 11:04 AM
With the Seventh pick in the 2013 NFL draft, the Cardinals (GM steelbtexan) select OT Lane Johnson (Ohlahoma).

76Texan
03-25-2013, 11:06 AM
With the Eight pick in the NFL 2013 draft, the Bills select QB Matt Barkley (Southern Cal).

Comment will be issued by our GM b0ng in his Press Conference.

steelbtexan
03-25-2013, 11:07 AM
With the fifth pick in the draft, the Lions select OT Eric Fisher (Central Michigan.)

Losing both starting tackles is tough.
Fisher looks like a guy who can step in and at least does an adequate job.

03/16/2013 - 2013 Central Michigan Pro Day: Central Michigan's Eric Fisher keeps his draft stock soaring...Representatives from 28 NFL teams gathered at Central Michigan's pro day Monday, where 18 players participated in a workout that was held indoors on FieldTurf. Projected top-10 draft pick Eric Fisher - NFL.com's Bucky Brooks had him going No. 1 to the Kansas City Chiefs in his latest mock draft - was the main attraction and did not discourage the continuing rise of his draft stock.

Fisher (6-foot-7 1/2, 304 pounds) displayed his athleticism in a workout led by Jacksonville Jaguars offensive line coach George Yarno. Fisher stood by his numbers from the NFL Scouting Combine, where he was a top performer in his position group in both the broad jump and 20-yard short shuttle. Fisher can follow in the footsteps of the San Francisco 49ers offensive tackle Joe Staley, a first-round draft pick in 2007 out of Central Michigan and a Pro Bowl selection in 2012. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com

http://www.themorningsun.com/storyimage/MS/20121026/SPORTS/121029739/AR/0/AR-121029739.jpg&MaxW=620&MaxH=320

I'm a knee-bender.

Great pick, best player in the draft. The Cards should try to trade up and get him in the real draft. Pick for Bong and I will make he pick before my meeting.

Brandon420tx
03-25-2013, 11:07 AM
That yellow is horrible

76Texan
03-25-2013, 11:11 AM
That yellow is horrible

Sorry, is there a better color in the palette that I didn't notice of? :wadepalm:

steelbtexan
03-25-2013, 11:14 AM
With the Seventh pick in the 2013 NFL draft, the Cardinals (GM steelbtexan) select OT Lane Johnson (Ohlahoma).

Thanks for making the pick 76.

Johnson has more natural ability and room to grow than the other top OT's in this draft. Great footwork, needs to get a bit stronger but still has plenty of functional strength. He's new to the position and I could see him as a pro bowler for many yrs.

The Cards line just got better.

Johnson Massie and Levi Brown are a great start in fixing a long term problem for the Cards.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 11:14 AM
With the Sixth pick in the draft, the Browns (GM Texan4Ever) select OG Chance Warmack (Alabama)

Chance Warmack, OG - The Browns should trade down and pick Warmack if Millner is not on the board. (Note by Texan4Ever)

Drafting an OG this high is kind of risky, IMO, in term of "money".
You pay a guard top money and then still have to worry about other core players that demand high salaries.
But I guess you have to do it if he's BPA that fills your top need?

What do you guys think on this "issue" ???

76Texan
03-25-2013, 11:16 AM
Thanks for making the pick 76.

Johnson has more natural ability and room to grow than the other top OT's in this draft. Great footwork, needs to get a bit stronger but still has plenty of functional strength. He's new to the position and I could see him as a pro bowler for many yrs.

The Cards line just got better.

Johnson Massie and Levi Brown are a great start in fixing a long term problem for the Cards.

Lane Johnson is easily the most athletic O-lineman for awhile now.
He may prove to be the best of the class yet.

Seņor Stan
03-25-2013, 11:19 AM
Heading out for lunch, but with only one spot ahead of me...sent my top 2 to 76Texan.

Go ahead and pick for me once Drs23 picks for the Jets.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 11:22 AM
Heading out for lunch, but with only one spot ahead of me...sent my top 2 to 76Texan.

Go ahead and pick for me once Drs23 picks for the Jets.

LOL, Drs23 told me he would be ready to run to the podium.

I warned him to be careful not to trip like Kareem Jackson.

Looks like he did anyway! :lol:

htownfan32
03-25-2013, 11:23 AM
Whew. Slept in and had to run to my Anthropology exam :wadepalm:

Fortunately the top ten hasn't gone by in a flash, so it's all good.

drs23
03-25-2013, 11:27 AM
With the 9th pick the NY Jets select:

Dion Jordan, OLB, OR

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww231/bdbikeshop/DionJordan_zps00f03640.jpg

76Texan
03-25-2013, 11:27 AM
Whew. Slept in and had to run to my Anthropology exam :wadepalm:

Fortunately the top ten hasn't gone by in a flash, so it's all good.

We may hit a snag when we get to the Chargers at #11.

I had sent a notice to WolverineFan, but he may be AWOLF, :lol:

drs23
03-25-2013, 11:34 AM
LOL, Drs23 told me he would be ready to run to the podium.

I warned him to be careful not to trip like Kareem Jackson.

Looks like he did anyway! :lol:

Not really, this time anyway. :raspberry: Had a customer come in and had to tend to that.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 11:36 AM
With the Tenth pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select Ezekiel Ansah DE (BYU).

b0ng
03-25-2013, 11:43 AM
With the 8th pick in the draft, the Buffalo Bills decided to do the Buffalo Bills thing (And because the Bills would probably take a different player here and then trade back into the bottom of the first round to take this guy who would probably still be there) and take Matt Barkley, QB, University of Southern California:

http://ocvarsity.freedomblogging.com/files/2008/09/barkley-265x300.jpg

With the release of Ryan Fitzpatrick the Bills have created for themselves a nice little hole at QB1 unless they really believe in Tavaris Jackson, which they don't. While I have read that Ryan Nassib (Syracuse) could be the guy here at 8, I cannot in good conscience make that pick at 8, maybe at 41. However, I think that Barkley is still the 2nd best QB available in the draft so that is who I went with.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 11:43 AM
Not really, this time anyway. :raspberry: Had a customer come in and had to tend to that.

Sounds like Kareem got punked by Steve Smith, LOL!

I like Jordan, but I guess the Texans may get a receiver of their choice?!?

htownfan32
03-25-2013, 11:44 AM
We may hit a snag when we get to the Chargers at #11.

I had sent a notice to WolverineFan, but he may be AWOLF, :lol:

Well played, sir :)

76Texan
03-25-2013, 11:47 AM
With the 8th pick in the draft, the Buffalo Bills decided to do the Buffalo Bills thing (And because the Bills would probably take a different player here and then trade back into the bottom of the first round to take this guy who would probably still be there) and take Matt Barkley, QB, University of Southern California:

http://ocvarsity.freedomblogging.com/files/2008/09/barkley-265x300.jpg

With the release of Ryan Fitzpatrick the Bills have created for themselves a nice little hole at QB1 unless they really believe in Tavaris Jackson, which they don't. While I have read that Ryan Nassib (Syracuse) could be the guy here at 8, I cannot in good conscience make that pick at 8, maybe at 41. However, I think that Barkley is still the 2nd best QB available in the draft so that is who I went with.

I think it will come down to this, too... Unless there's some trade going from now until then.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 11:48 AM
Well played, sir :)

Sometimes things pop up out of nowhere.
Guess I'm still a kid, LOL.

b0ng
03-25-2013, 11:55 AM
I think it will come down to this, too... Unless there's some trade going from now until then.

If there were trades available, I might've gone with Patterson at WR with the 8th pick, and then trade back into the first to grab Barkley. I also might've taken Warmack but he got picked even higher than 8 (Which is kinda surprising to me).

76Texan
03-25-2013, 11:57 AM
If there were trades available, I might've gone with Patterson at WR with the 8th pick, and then trade back into the first to grab Barkley. I also might've taken Warmack but he got picked even higher than 8 (Which is kinda surprising to me).

Sounds like good logic to me.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Hey guys, I think WolverineFan has a good record, so I'm not directing anything toward him.

Any suggestion as to how we can move this thing along a little faster?
In term of people knowing when their turn comes up.

I know some of ya are busy; and that's why I suggested the email notification.

You can PM me your email address (you can set up a temporary email address if you want) and I will be happy to update you with the progress .

htownfan32
03-25-2013, 12:07 PM
With the Tenth pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select Ezekiel Ansah DE (BYU).

Dang. I really wanted Ansah.

b0ng
03-25-2013, 12:15 PM
Hey guys, I think WolverineFan has a good record, so I'm not directing anything toward him.

Any suggestion as to how we can move this thing along a little faster?
In term of people knowing when their turn comes up.

I know some of ya are busy; and that's why I suggested the email notification.

You can PM me your email address (you can set up a temporary email address if you want) and I will be happy to update you with the progress .

I'd say give them the alloted time (Which was what, 4 hours?) and if nothing happens have that team select Colin Klein and then move on.

htownfan32
03-25-2013, 12:21 PM
Or maybe set up a community pick for that team? That would take long, though...

Wolf6151
03-25-2013, 12:21 PM
Drafting an OG this high is kind of risky, IMO, in term of "money".
You pay a guard top money and then still have to worry about other core players that demand high salaries.
But I guess you have to do it if he's BPA that fills your top need?

What do you guys think on this "issue" ???

My sentiments exactly, an OG at 6 is not the pick I would have made even if he's BPA and your biggest need. A very good OG can be had in the 2nd, and good ones can be found in the 3rd and 4th rounds. In terms of money he'll probably be gone at the end of his rookie contract because it's just not cost effective to have an OG making that kind of money.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 12:26 PM
Or maybe set up a community pick for that team? That would take long, though...

How long did it take in the previous years?

76Texan
03-25-2013, 12:35 PM
My sentiments exactly, an OG at 6 is not the pick I would have made even if he's BPA and your biggest need. A very good OG can be had in the 2nd, and good ones can be found in the 3rd and 4th rounds. In terms of money he'll probably be gone at the end of his rookie contract because it's just not cost effective to have an OG making that kind of money.

In restropect though, had the Saints picked Jahri Evans in the first round, his second contract would probably remain the same.

He was the highest-paid interior lineman with his second contract.
I don't think the Saints can up that offer any more than that?!?

Dutchrudder
03-25-2013, 12:48 PM
Next teams up:

11 San Diego Chargers
12 Miami Dolphins
13 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
14 Carolina Panthers
15 New Orleans Saints
16 St. Louis Rams
17 Pittsburgh Steelers
18 Dallas Cowboys
19 New York Giants
20 Chicago Bears

Is there a list with every team and their owner? I didn't see one.

Last year I tried to employ emailing everyone when their pick was next. I think that helped in some cases, so if people can add their email to their profile and allow members to email them, it would speed things up.

Corrosion
03-25-2013, 12:50 PM
Next teams up:

Is there a list with every team and their owner? I didn't see one.

Last year I tried to employ emailing everyone when their pick was next. I think that helped in some cases, so if people can add their email to their profile and allow members to email them, it would speed things up.

Its in the other thread -

1. Kansas City- Wolf 6151
2. Jacksonville- Blake
3. Oakland- srrono
4. Philadelphia- Texans Seminole
5. Detroit- 45 Suof
6. Cleveland-Texan4Ever
7. Arizona- Steel B Texan
8.Buffalo-Bong
9.NY Jets- dsr 23
10.Tennesee- Senior Stan
11. San Diego- Wolverine Fan
12. Miami- Texans Seminole
13 Tampa Bay- Ndevine7
14.Carolina- Honoring Earl
15. New Orleans- htown fan32
16. St. Louis- RT 22
17. Pittsburgh- Honoring Earl
18. Dallas- Rock-N-Randy
19. NYG- htownfan32
20. Chicago-Bears- dutchrudder
21. Cincinati- Corrosion
22. St. Louis- RT 22
23. Minnesota- NC Texan
24. Indianapolis- Rey
25. Minnesota - NC Texan
26. Green Bay- mussop
27. Houston- Corrosion
28. Denver- Senor Stan
29. New England- Coon
30 Atlanta-Bong
31. San Francisco- Wolverine Fan
32. Baltimore- Rock-N-Randy

Washington- Steel B Texan
Seattle- Blake

Corrosion
03-25-2013, 12:52 PM
I dont pick until 21 for Cincy & 27 for the Texans and havent finalized those picks as so much depends upon who's available - I couldnt nail them down to 5 names right now.

I most likely wont be around for the rest of today .... tho I dont really expect to get to 21 and 27 today anyway.

Dutchrudder
03-25-2013, 12:53 PM
Its in the other thread -

Yeah, just found it. I added that list to the selection thread for reference.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 12:55 PM

WolverineFan shows an email address; I just tried it; hopefully it works.

Seņor Stan
03-25-2013, 01:06 PM

http://byucougars.com/files/imagecache/728x410/photos/_88r7686.jpg

I was hoping he would last this long...

Extremely raw, but arguably the most upside of anyone in the draft. The Titans need help with their pass rush and Ziggy should fit the bill.

Dutchrudder
03-25-2013, 01:08 PM
Let's bring back this method of contact to move things along faster. Basically, when you make a pick, you email the next guy on the list. In order for this to work, everyone needs to be able to receive emails. Go to User CP and add your current email. Then make sure you have receive emails enabled:

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr14/themishkin/Sports/usercp.jpg

All you have to do is click their user name in the signup thread to see "Send email to ..."

76Texan
03-25-2013, 01:10 PM
http://byucougars.com/files/imagecache/728x410/photos/_88r7686.jpg

I was hoping he would last this long...

Extremely raw, but arguably the most upside of anyone in the draft. The Titans need help with their pass rush and Ziggy should fit the bill.

I hope he doesn't if the Titans go this route.
I hope the Titans draft a bust, whoever they choose. :)

76Texan
03-25-2013, 01:16 PM
Got it, Dutch!

Seņor Stan
03-25-2013, 01:23 PM
I hope he doesn't if the Titans go this route.
I hope the Titans draft a bust, whoever they choose. :)

I think the Titans are going to go OL heavy this draft...Munchak and Matthews realize the need for the big uglies up front. Both of them as well as Dean Steinkuhler went in the top ten to the Oilers in 82, 83 and 84.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 01:25 PM
I think the Titans are going to go OL heavy this draft...Munchak and Matthews realize the need for the big uglies up front. Both of them as well as Dean Steinkuhler went in the top ten to the Oilers in 82, 83 and 84.

I love those guys!

76Texan
03-25-2013, 01:31 PM
So how much time do we give WolverineFan ?

What should we do to prepare ourselves now?

76Texan
03-25-2013, 02:54 PM
Chargers probably need an OT or a CB?

Discuss!

OT: Fluker? Armstead? Who else? Bakhthiari?

CB: Rhodes, Trufant

Dutchrudder
03-25-2013, 02:55 PM

Discuss!

OT: Fluker? Armstead? Who else?

I vote for the Honeybadger.

htownfan32
03-25-2013, 02:58 PM

Discuss!

OT: Menelik Watson. Probably reaching at this point though.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 02:59 PM
I vote for the Honeybadger.

Who knows, he might do the job against Welker.

TexansSeminole
03-25-2013, 03:00 PM
These things happen, the mock is going to get stuck from time to time.

I also vote not to give people poor choices because they were not here to make their pick as that will throw the entire draft off and defeat the entire purpose of the mock.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 03:00 PM
OT: Menelik Watson. Probably reaching at this point though.

Yeah, I think they probably need to go CB at this point ???

76Texan
03-25-2013, 03:01 PM
These things happen, the mock is going to get stuck from time to time.

I also vote not to give people poor choices because they were not here to make their pick as that will throw the entire draft off, which defeats the entire purpose.

I'm with you!

htownfan32
03-25-2013, 03:03 PM
Yeah, I think they probably need to go CB at this point ???

I'd pull the trigger on Rhodes at this point, if I were GM

steelbtexan
03-25-2013, 03:07 PM

Thanks

I've been out of the office.

steelbtexan
03-25-2013, 03:13 PM
I'd pull the trigger on Rhodes at this point, if I were GM

I would go with Cooper or Rhodes.

The Chargers dont have a LT and the lost their best OL/LG in FA> (Vasquez) They are really hurting on the OL.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 03:29 PM
I vote for Rhodes also.

When do we want to pull the trigger and move on?

5:00 P.M ?

Yep 5pm it is.

So far it looks like Rhodes will be the pick and a good pick. Hopefully Wolverine will make the pick, or we will get more imput from MB members.

b0ng
03-25-2013, 03:41 PM

Discuss!

I think if the chargers can't get Lane Johnson then they go with Rhodes.

TexansSeminole
03-25-2013, 03:42 PM
I can't vote because I pick next for Dolphins.

WolverineFan
03-25-2013, 04:29 PM
Will pick in a minute. My bad guys.

TexansSeminole
03-25-2013, 04:32 PM
Will pick in a minute. My bad guys.

Figured you would be around soon.

WolverineFan
03-25-2013, 04:32 PM
Chargers select...

Jonathan Cooper - OG, North Carolina

WolverineFan
03-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Figured you would be around soon.

I screwed up bad man. Completely forgot I was the San Diego GM. Haven't checked the mock all weekend because I knew we were starting on Monday and the 49ers wouldn't be up for a while. Luckily I just got home and checked the thread to see what had happened so far.

I hate being "that guy" that holds things up too.

Honoring Earl 34
03-25-2013, 04:35 PM
I screwed up bad man. Completely forgot I was the San Diego GM. Haven't checked the mock all weekend because I knew we were starting on Monday and the 49ers wouldn't be up for a while. Luckily I just got home and checked the thread to see what had happened so far.

I hate being "that guy" that holds things up too.

No sweat .:chili:

TexansSeminole
03-25-2013, 04:36 PM
Chargers select...

Took my guy for the Dolphins.

With the 12th pick the Dolphins select....

Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State.

I wanted to go with a tackle here, preferably Lane Johnson. After that, I was looking for one of the top two guards. The corner situation in Miami is horrendous, but even though Rhodes is my favorite Nole I don't think he is worth the #12 pick.

The Dolphins need a rusher opposite Cameron Wake. Currently they have the 300 pound Odrick playing that spot. Werner is a well-balanced player and fills a need at good value.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 04:38 PM
Chargers select...

Good player.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 04:40 PM

I wanted to go with a tackle here, preferably Lane Johnson. After that, I was looking for one of the top two guards. The corner situation in Miami is horrendous, but even though Rhodes is my favorite Nole I don't think he is worth the #12 pick.

The Dolphins need a rusher opposite Cameron Wake. Currently they have the 300 pound Odrick playing that spot. Werner is a well-balanced player and fills a need at good value.
I would have thought Werner was your guy all along; it ended up that way anyhow.

WolverineFan
03-25-2013, 04:45 PM

I wanted Johnson as well. Luckily I checked the draft thread first and saw he was gone. I agree about Rhodes as well. Was only a backup option for me here. Good pick.

Dutchrudder
03-25-2013, 04:48 PM
On the clock...

13 Tampa Bay- Ndevine7
14.Carolina- Honoring Earl
15. New Orleans- htown fan32
16. St. Louis- RT 22
18. Dallas- Rock-N-Randy
19. NYG- htownfan32
21. Cincinati- Corrosion

76Texan
03-25-2013, 04:51 PM
Anybody knows Ndevine7?

He hasn't responded to my notice yet.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 04:53 PM
The other guy I don't know about is Rock-and-Randy.
I don't want to notify him yet since it's still early, but it would help if somebody already knows that he will be here.

TexansSeminole
03-25-2013, 04:57 PM
Anybody knows Ndevine7?

He hasn't responded to my notice yet.

Ndevine7 is online, so I would assume he is making his pick soon.

Ndevine7
03-25-2013, 05:00 PM
With the 13th pick in the 2013 TT mock draft the Tampa Bay Bucs select Tavon Austin WR WVU. Speed wr that can line up in the slot as well as the backfield. Gives Freeman another weapon and takes some of the coverage off of Vincent Jackson.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 05:03 PM
With the 13th pick in the 2013 TT mock draft the Tampa Bay Bucs select Tavon Austin WR WVU. Speed wr that can line up in the slot as well as the backfield. Gives Freeman another weapon and takes some of the coverage off of Vincent Jackson.

Noel to Tavon; you must be a big Mountaineers fan :)

TexansSeminole
03-25-2013, 05:05 PM
Interesting. I didn't expect Austin to be the first WR off the board.

Seņor Stan
03-25-2013, 05:07 PM
Chargers select...

My second choice at #10...almost took him....

steelbtexan
03-25-2013, 05:19 PM
I just sent Rock-N-Randy an Email from the other board.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 05:30 PM
With the 14th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Panthers select DT Star Lotulelei (Unviersity of Utah).

steelbtexan
03-25-2013, 05:43 PM
Austin, cant believe he went that high. But he or Patterson are probably the 2 most dynamic WR's in this draft

I cant believe Lotulelei fell that far. He's an absolute steal if the heart problem checks out.

htownfan32
03-25-2013, 05:45 PM
With the 15th pick of the TT Mock Draft, the New Orleans Saints pick

Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU

http://www.cbssports.com/images/collegefootball/05-Mingo_Chases_Wilson.jpeg

Switching to the 3-4 under Rob Ryan, the Saints need some pass rush help. Their ILB position is safe but the outside linebackers are not, due to the scheme switch. Adding a true pass rusher to the roster is exactly what the Saints need on defense.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 05:57 PM
With the 15th pick of the TT Mock Draft, the New Orleans Saints pick

Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU

http://www.cbssports.com/images/collegefootball/05-Mingo_Chases_Wilson.jpeg

Switching to the 3-4 under Rob Ryan, the Saints need some pass rush help. Their ILB position is safe but the outside linebackers are not, due to the scheme switch. Adding a true pass rusher to the roster is exactly what the Saints need on defense.

So he just makes a short drive down south?
From West Monroe, to Baton Rouge, to New Orleans.
I'm sure he wishes you're the real GM for the Saints. :ahhaha:

RT22
03-25-2013, 05:57 PM
With the 16th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft the STL Rams select WR Cordarrelle Patterson University of Tennessee.

TexansSeminole
03-25-2013, 06:02 PM
On the clock...

18. Dallas- Rock-N-Randy
19. NYG- htownfan32
21. Cincinati- Corrosion

htownfan32
03-25-2013, 06:08 PM

Ain't nothing wrong with playing close to home. :tiphat:

Rock N Randy
03-25-2013, 06:08 PM
Dang
I totally forgot about this
My bad guys
I got Dallas WTH
Guess that's what I get for saying assign me anywhere
I'm ready for Dallas when Pittsburgh picks

76Texan
03-25-2013, 06:25 PM
Ain't nothing wrong with playing close to home. :tiphat:

I used to live in Shreveport, LA - which is just a stone throw to West Monroe.

If I didn't move to Houston, I might have attended LSU like him, too.

Don't think I want to live in New Orleans though.

TexansSeminole
03-25-2013, 06:25 PM
I used to live in Shreveport, LA - which is just a stone throw to West Monroe.

If I didn't move to Houston, I might have attended LSU like him, too.

Don't think I want to live in New Orleans though.

Did Earl send you both of his picks?

76Texan
03-25-2013, 06:27 PM
Dang
I totally forgot about this
My bad guys
I got Dallas WTH
Guess that's what I get for saying assign me anywhere
I'm ready for Dallas when Pittsburgh picks

:lol:

Somebody has to!

76Texan
03-25-2013, 06:28 PM
Did Earl send you both of his picks?

Earl said he'll be around for the rest of the evening.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 06:29 PM
On the clock...

18. Dallas- Rock-N-Randy
19. NYG- htownfan32
21. Cincinati- Corrosion

All these GMs are around, so steelb and dutch, can you guys contact the GMs further down the list please!

I'll be running around soon.

TexansSeminole
03-25-2013, 06:36 PM
Earl said he'll be around for the rest of the evening.

Figured I would ask because Rock-N-Randy was on, but he isn't anymore.

Honoring Earl 34
03-25-2013, 06:51 PM
The Steelers select Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/179/220/hi-res-152597654_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

Honoring Earl 34
03-25-2013, 06:53 PM
With the 14th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Panthers select DT Star Lotulelei (Unviersity of Utah).

oops

TexansSeminole
03-25-2013, 06:53 PM
The Steelers select Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia

I was close to taking him for the Dolphins, but felt that Werner is a better fit in their 4-3 scheme than Jones. I have Jones more highly rated.

Honoring Earl 34
03-25-2013, 06:54 PM
I was close to taking him for the Dolphins, but felt that Werner is a better fit in their 4-3 scheme than Jones. I have Jones more highly rated.

His 40 made me wonder but he played really good .

TexansSeminole
03-25-2013, 06:57 PM
His 40 made me wonder but he played really good .

He's so visibly explosive. I think it's a great pick. Good team, good scheme, good value.

Great fit for the Steelers, great 1st step, is he strong enough to hold up against NFL OT's?

steelbtexan
03-25-2013, 07:00 PM

Boom or Bust pick, the most talented pass rusher in the draft. Takes plays off and needs technique work. I think he booms.

TexansSeminole
03-25-2013, 07:15 PM
Great fit for the Steelers, great 1st step, is he strong enough to hold up against NFL OT's?

I swear I didn't write this. Freaking ghosts up in here.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 07:30 PM
oops

What's wrong?

steelbtexan
03-25-2013, 07:30 PM
I swear I didn't write this. Freaking ghosts up in here.

Whoops I hit the edit icon instead of qoute.

Do you want me to remove it?

76Texan
03-25-2013, 07:35 PM
He's so visibly explosive. I think it's a great pick. Good team, good scheme, good value.

I'm a little worried about both OLBs; great talents but a little risky in the first half of the round.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 07:36 PM
Steelb, I guess we close shop?
Can you email RNR to have the pick in first thing?

TexansSeminole
03-25-2013, 07:42 PM
Whoops I hit the edit icon instead of qoute.

Do you want me to remove it?

No, no. I don't care. I had a long day and immediately poured a whiskey neat when I got home. So, when I came back and read that I was like....how many of these have I had??

drs23
03-25-2013, 07:50 PM
Boom or Bust pick, the most talented pass rusher in the draft. Takes plays off and needs technique work. I think he booms.

I'm thinking the other way. Time will tell. If he puts on some weight/muscle perhaps I'm wrong. Again, time will tell.

Honoring Earl 34
03-25-2013, 07:51 PM
What's wrong?

I added a photo to your quote .

steelbtexan
03-25-2013, 08:56 PM
Steelb, I guess we close shop?
Can you email RNR to have the pick in first thing?

Done

steelbtexan
03-25-2013, 08:59 PM
No, no. I don't care. I had a long day and immediately poured a whiskey neat when I got home. So, when I came back and read that I was like....how many of these have I had??

Apparently not enough, LOL

Maybe I need to have a couple of those.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 10:21 PM
On the clock...

18. Dallas- Rock-N-Randy
19. NYG- htownfan32
21. Cincinati- Corrosion

22. St. Louis- RT 22
23. Minnesota- NC Texan
24. Indianapolis- Rey
25. Minnesota - NC Texan

76Texan
03-25-2013, 10:25 PM
Just a reminder, we might get to the second round tomorrow, so those at the top half of the draft order, please get ready.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 08:36 AM
Looks like RNR had a late night out, LOL!

Texan4Ever
03-26-2013, 09:10 AM
Looks like RNR had a late night out, LOL!

Yep, we had a draft for fantasy baseball. I'm guessing most people are at work....

76Texan
03-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Yep, we had a draft for fantasy baseball. I'm guessing most people are at work....

I see him online now.

Rock N Randy
03-26-2013, 10:05 AM
Sorry guys had my fantasy baseball draft last night then a late dinner kids to bed all that stuff

This pick comes down too
DJ Fluker, OT, Bama - to play RT with Smith at LT
Extension for Romo, protecting the franchise center piece is paramount
Sheldon Richardson, DL, Missouri - Spears was released and they need to generate rush of the edge besides there LBers ware/Spencer, or plug him in the middle and get push and pressure up the middle.
Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas - Sensabaug was released and there is a void and obvious weakness on the backend regarding safety help.
Cowboys have invested a lot in its corners but it doesn't matter unless you have a utility safety who can support the run and cover over for the corner
I do believe these 3 options are all possible and realistic come April 25th.

In the 2013 NFL Draft, The Dallas Cowboys select... Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
The defense needs a dynamic safety manning the middle. Will only make the defense better. Helps Claiborne/Carr. Gives the existing rushers more time to get to the QB.
In a division with RG3, Vick, Eli Manning and all being high octane offenses ... Ya this pick makes a lot of sense considering the division opponents and that's almost half there schedule

76Texan
03-26-2013, 10:10 AM
Sounds logical.

(I'm not a Vaccaro in the first round guy though.)
Right now I don't have a safety in the first two rounds.
Maybe I'm too picky LOL!

b0ng
03-26-2013, 10:23 AM
Sounds logical.

(I'm not a Vaccaro in the first round guy though.)
Right now I don't have a safety in the first two rounds.
Maybe I'm too picky LOL!

If Mark Barron can go in the first round last year, then I think Vaccaro will certainly go there too. Probably Elam as well.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 10:25 AM
If Mark Barron can go in the first round last year, then I think Vaccaro will certainly go there too. Probably Elam as well.

Barron was a second round guy for me; I'm picky LOl

Seņor Stan
03-26-2013, 10:35 AM
In the 2013 NFL Draft, The Dallas Cowboys select... Kenny Vacarro, S, Texas
The defense needs a dynamic safety manning the middle. Will only make the defense better. Helps Claiborne/Carr.

So Vacarro is now a Vaquero. Nice.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 10:39 AM
On the clock...

18. Dallas- Rock-N-Randy
19. NYG- htownfan32
21. Cincinati- Corrosion

22. St. Louis- RT 22
23. Minnesota- NC Texan
24. Indianapolis- Rey
25. Minnesota - NC Texan
Email sent to htownfan32 but he might be in class (I think).

steelbtexan
03-26-2013, 10:51 AM
Vaccaro is a good pick.

After watching Doug free almost get Romo killed and Dallas 31st ranked running game I would've chosen Fluker.

On 2nd thought , no I wouldn't have chosen Fluker. LOL.

Rock N Randy
03-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Vaccaro is a good pick.

After watching Doug free almost get Romo killed and Dallas 31st ranked running game I would've chosen Fluker.

On 2nd thought , no I wouldn't have chosen Fluker. LOL.

#1 safety
Or 4th/5th best OT

Right tackle can be had in round 2 or 3

Same could be said for safety
I think after Vaccaro, Elam, and Cyprien
The talent drops off a bit
Lots of OL talent

Rock N Randy
03-26-2013, 11:34 AM
So Vacarro is now a Vaquero. Nice.

Taquito
Taco
Vaccaro
Vacarro (Vaquero)
All the same lol
You say tomato, I say tamato
Haha
I fixed it

76Texan
03-26-2013, 11:41 AM
#1 safety
Or 4th/5th best OT

Right tackle can be had in round 2 or 3

Same could be said for safety
I think after Vaccaro, Elam, and Cyprien
The talent drops off a bit
Lots of OL talent

What do you guys think about Shamarko Thomas?

htownfan32
03-26-2013, 12:10 PM
Sorry about that, guys. Totally slept in haha.

With the 19th pick in the TT Mock Draft, the New York Giants pick
Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia.
http://binaryapi.ap.org/7435daa597be4c57a2edf8399a36fe5a/512x.jpg

I considered going DE but I figured that to be a reach at this moment (Damontre Moore is not a great DE prospect to me, the combine was a major red flag) and so I filled another position of need with a better available talent. Dan Connor is not a permanent solution at ILB and though he was added in free agency, the Giants look to lock down this position with a talented (though risky) ILB choice.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 12:31 PM
Sorry about that, guys. Totally slept in haha.

With the 19th pick in the TT Mock Draft, the New York Giants pick
Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia.
http://binaryapi.ap.org/7435daa597be4c57a2edf8399a36fe5a/512x.jpg

I considered going DE but I figured that to be a reach at this moment (Damontre Moore is not a great DE prospect to me, the combine was a major red flag) and so I filled another position of need with a better available talent. Dan Connor is not a permanent solution at ILB and though he was added in free agency, the Giants look to lock down this position with a talented (though risky) ILB choice.
Agreed. Talented but risky prospect.

Dutchrudder
03-26-2013, 12:43 PM
With the 20th pick in the TT Mock Draft, the Chicago Bears pick Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_fsu/files/2011/07/FSU-Xavier-Rhodes-MCT.jpg

This might be a bit of surprise that the Bears go CB here, but the guys I was hoping to fall didn't, and Rhodes is by far the BPA. The Bears play the pass happy offenses of the Packers and Lions twice a year, so having extra corners is always a plus against those 4 and 5 WR sets. Both of the Bears starting CBs Peanut Tillman and Tim Jennings are going to be UFAs next year, and it's likely that at least one of them will be leaving in free agency next year. While the Bears certainly hope to keep them both, it will be prudent to take Rhodes here.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 12:46 PM
With the 20th pick in the TT Mock Draft, the Chicago Bears pick Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_fsu/files/2011/07/FSU-Xavier-Rhodes-MCT.jpg

This might be a bit of surprise that the Bears go CB here, but the guys I was hoping to fall didn't, and Rhodes is by far the BPA. The Bears play the pass happy offenses of the Packers and Lions twice a year, so having extra corners is always a plus against those 4 and 5 WR sets. Both of the Bears starting CBs Peanut Tillman and Tim Jennings are going to be UFAs next year, and it's likely that at least one of them will be leaving in free agency next year. While the Bears certainly hope to keep them both, it will be prudent to take Rhodes here.

What a luxury pick; the rich gets richer, LoL!

NCTexan
03-26-2013, 12:49 PM
Was hoping he would make it to the Vikings.

edit; Ogletree that is.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 12:51 PM

Yeah, it was a long-term and probably smart pick by Dutch, but it sure throws a little monkey wrench out there for us .

Dutchrudder
03-26-2013, 12:53 PM

edit; Ogletree that is.

I was hoping he would make it to the Bears :)

76Texan
03-26-2013, 12:54 PM
On the clock...

21. Cincinati- Corrosion

22. St. Louis- RT 22
23. Minnesota- NC Texan
24. Indianapolis- Rey
25. Minnesota - NC Texan

All have been either PMed or emailed.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 12:54 PM
I was hoping he would make it to the Bears :)

LOl. So true!

TexansSeminole
03-26-2013, 01:02 PM
Rhodes at 20 is good value. I love the guy, I just hope he doesn't go to the Cowboys or another AFC South team.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 01:04 PM
Rhodes at 20 is good value. I love the guy, I just hope he doesn't go to the Cowboys or another AFC South team.

I think we all agree to that!

Seņor Stan
03-26-2013, 01:50 PM
Just a reminder, we might get to the second round tomorrow, so those at the top half of the draft order, please get ready.

We've knocked out all of 3 picks so far today. Blistering pace!

76Texan
03-26-2013, 01:53 PM
We've knocked out all of 3 picks so far today. Blistering pace!

LOL, corrosion was here most of the time yesterday, and he seems to be tied up today; just our luck !

I was expecting that he will fly with his selection, but... what can I say.

Dutchrudder
03-26-2013, 01:56 PM
I vote we give him Manti Teo :D

76Texan
03-26-2013, 02:02 PM
I vote we give him Manti Teo :D

Hahaha he might just like it, but would never say it out loud!

Seņor Stan
03-26-2013, 02:03 PM
LOL, corrosion was here most of the time yesterday, and he seems to be tied up today; just our luck !

I was expecting that he will fly with his selection, but... what can I say.

I'll go post in the "Last one to post wins" thread. That should wake Corrosion up!

76Texan
03-26-2013, 02:19 PM
I'll go post in the "Last one to post wins" thread. That should wake Corrosion up!

You do that, Lol

76Texan
03-26-2013, 03:15 PM
It's been two and a half hour, should we start looking for a selection?

76Texan
03-26-2013, 03:32 PM
Bengals fans seem to prefer a LB the most.
Ogletree and Arthur brown are the two names I saw mentioned the most.

However, there are others who wants to go a different direction.
Fluker OT, Cooper G, Vaccaro S, Lacy RB, Austin WR.

Just a heads-up.

Dutchrudder
03-26-2013, 03:38 PM
Bengals fans seem to prefer a LB the most.
Ogletree and Arthur brown are the two names I saw mentioned the most.

However, there are others who wants to go a different direction.
Fluker OT, Cooper G, Vaccaro S, Lacy RB, Austin WR.

Just a heads-up.

Well, Cooper, Vaccaro and Austin are off the board. Cooper was who I really wanted for the Bears because they need some help at guard. Fluker would be a good pick, but I don't know if the Bengals will re-sign OT Andre Smith. This just seems waaaay too early for Lacy to me. Even if they wanted him, they should use their second to get him.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 04:18 PM
Is Arthur deserving this slot? Or at least consideration for the spot?

A few of them want a CB, too.

WolverineFan
03-26-2013, 04:28 PM
By all accounts Cincy is determined to re-sign Andre Smith so I'm not sure they take Fluker. They seem to need help at LB and I've seen Arthur Brown mocked in the 1st round in some mocks.

It's hard to say with them. Looking at their depth chart, they are loaded with solid young players all over the place.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 05:09 PM
I think we need to move on here pretty soon, folks!

One vote for Brown from me and I take that Wolverine can go with that as well.
Should we go ahead?

Corrosion
03-26-2013, 05:18 PM
Im back ... fell asleep. Give me a few minutes since my pick was picked

Fred
03-26-2013, 05:20 PM

Should we go ahead?
It has been more than 4 hours. He was #4 in the queue 22 hours ago. You can just use the actual draft results for rounds 3-7 since the real draft will overtake this mock about then.

The Bengals select A. Brown LB.

Next.

Texan4Ever
03-26-2013, 05:24 PM

Should we go ahead?

Not sure if Brown fits scheme-wise but he is the best OLB in the draft IMO. Bengals could use a C, S, CB (Pacman Jones isn't that good), WR (need depth), they resigned Rey Mauluga and Vontaze Burfict played well which is why I think they should go in a different direction.

I would go safety here but I don't think there is anyone worthy of a 1st round pick (even Vaccaro).

Brown has my vote.

htownfan32
03-26-2013, 05:26 PM
Not sure if Brown fits scheme-wise but he is the best OLB in the draft IMO. Bengals could use a C, S, CB (Pacman Jones isn't that good), WR (need depth), they resigned Rey Mauluga and Vontaze Burfict played well which is why I think they should go in a different direction.

I would go safety here but I don't think there is anyone worthy of a 1st round pick (even Vaccaro).

Brown has my vote.

Wait, Corrosion's back, let's jut let him make the pick :P

76Texan
03-26-2013, 05:28 PM
It has been more than 4 hours. He was #4 in the queue 22 hours ago. You can just use the actual draft results for rounds 3-7 since the real draft will overtake this mock about then.

Next.

We'll just have corrosion buy each of us a beer the next time we see him, LOL!

Corrosion
03-26-2013, 05:31 PM

Next.

I fell asleep with Alec Ogletree , Kenny Vaccaro and Jarvis Jones being my three choices .... woke up and they are all gone.

PlanB: would definately be to trade out of this spot .... but since we dont do trades in this mock , Im going to go with Alabama OT DJ Fluker.

Really sorry to have held up the show .... SteelB shoulda called me !

RT22
03-26-2013, 05:37 PM
With 22nd pick the Rams select Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 05:40 PM
I fell asleep with Alec Ogletree , Kenny Vaccaro and Jarvis Jones being my three choices .... woke up and they are all gone.

PlanB: would definately be to trade out of this spot .... but since we dont do trades in this mock , Im going to go with Alabama OT DJ Fluker.

Really sorry to have held up the show .... SteelB shoulda called me !

Too bad, Steelb is also out and about; or maybe he fell asleep waiting for ya' LOL

76Texan
03-26-2013, 05:41 PM

Let's have a round of applaud for the Rams' GM.
If only Kubiak can make decision that quickly! :mariopalm:

76Texan
03-26-2013, 05:43 PM
Sheldon is gone for the Texans; I think some of us like him.
I don't watch him enough to have an opinion though.

On the other hand, Keenan Allen is still there!

WolverineFan
03-26-2013, 05:45 PM
Let's have a round of applaud for the Rams' GM.
If only Kubiak can make decision that quickly! :mariopalm:

Might have been the easiest call in the draft. No way he should have fallen that far.

Wolf6151
03-26-2013, 05:46 PM

I can't believe Richardson fell this far, outstanding pick. He's one of the few players I'd consider trading up for if he fell this far down in the real draft.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 05:51 PM
I saw NCTexan about 45 mins ago, and now he's gone.
Just PM him; hope he gets back soon.

steelbtexan
03-26-2013, 05:51 PM
We'll just have corrosion buy each of us a beer the next time we see him, LOL!

Sounds like a plan to me.

Thanks for the help 76. (Work) This draft is moving at a snails pace. Gotta pick it up tomorrow.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Rey was here an hour ago; just emailed him.

NCTexan
03-26-2013, 05:56 PM
I saw NCTexan about 45 mins ago, and now he's gone.
Just PM him; hope he gets back soon.

I'm here!

With the 23rd pick the Vikes will select Keenan Allen WR.

Vikes need some serious help at WR and Allen should be able to produce right off the bat.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 05:59 PM
I'm here!

With the 23rd pick the Vikes will select Keenan Allen WR.

Vikes need some serious help at WR and Allen should be able to produce right off the bat.

Aw shuck! You just wouldn't let the Texans have Allen, now would you! :bat:

76Texan
03-26-2013, 06:00 PM
On the clock...

24. Indianapolis- Rey

25. Minnesota - NC Texan
26. Green Bay- mussop
27. Houston- Corrosion
28. Denver- Senor Stan
29. New England- Coon
30 Atlanta- Bong

steelbtexan
03-26-2013, 06:04 PM
Man, the last 3 picks have just as much potential for greatness as some of the top 10 picks. This draft is lacking QB's but appears to be very deep everywhere else.

NCTexan
03-26-2013, 06:04 PM

I hope he does on draft day, but I'd be amazed. I'd really be amazed of he fell to the Vikings even.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 06:05 PM
Sounds like a plan to me.

Thanks for the help 76. (Work) This draft is moving at a snails pace. Gotta pick it up tomorrow.

You're welcome steelb.

I need to run pretty soon here.
Can you contact mussop and the rest.

coon asked me to email him so I will.

mussop
03-26-2013, 06:06 PM
You're welcome steelb.

I need to run pretty soon here.
Can you contact mussop and the rest.

coon asked me to email him so I will.

I've been here all day.

Corrosion
03-26-2013, 06:07 PM

I probably wouldnt have taken him anyway ... Just not veryhigh on the guy and think some of the others have much higher potential.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 06:09 PM
I've been here all day.

I just saw you so I edited my post before you posted, LOL!

76Texan
03-26-2013, 06:15 PM
I probably wouldnt have taken him anyway ... Just not veryhigh on the guy and think some of the others have much higher potential.

Need to check his private work-out first (since he couldn't do it on the pro day).

He isn't sexy, but he's at least a solid #2, IMO.

NCTexan
03-26-2013, 06:22 PM

Need to check his private work-out first (since he couldn't do it on the pro day).

He isn't sexy, but he's at least a solid #2, IMO.

My thoughts were that the Vikings needed someone who seems ready almost right away and they don't need a project right now. AP only has so many good years left (even if he says he can play another 10 years). I think Allen is the best chance at that who was still left on the board.

Rock N Randy
03-26-2013, 06:25 PM
@ 76Texan
I like Thomas, potential is there. Doesn't have the range I prefer or the quick twitch guy
But there is something there
I would not mind him in the later rounds if that we're the case.

I'm excited too see who the Texans get
I'm betting its a WR
surprise pick... TE

mussop
03-26-2013, 06:37 PM
Whos up?

Corrosion
03-26-2013, 06:47 PM
My thoughts were that the Vikings needed someone who seems ready almost right away and they don't need a project right now. AP only has so many good years left (even if he says he can play another 10 years). I think Allen is the best chance at that who was still left on the board.

I dont disagree with you ... I just dont see a lot of room for improvement - what you see is what you get with this guy.

@ 76Texan
I like Thomas, potential is there. Doesn't have the range I prefer or the quick twitch guy
But there is something there
I would not mind him in the later rounds if that we're the case.

I'm excited too see who the Texans get
I'm betting its a WR
surprise pick... TE

There are lots of possibilities for the Texans .... at this point with three picks remaining ahead of their first choice , I really couldnt tell you what position I'll end up taking. Its a wide open field for sure.

Corrosion
03-26-2013, 06:47 PM
Whos up?

Rey with the Dolts .... hope he didnt fall asleep waiting on me. :mariopalm:

Rey
03-26-2013, 07:02 PM
In the middle of a work out...let mr look at the board and I'll make my pick asap

Rey
03-26-2013, 07:08 PM
Colts select:

DESMOND TRUFANT

Should form a nice tandem with Vonta Davis.

TexansSeminole
03-26-2013, 07:12 PM
Colts select:

DESMOND TRUFANT

Should form a nice tandem with Vonta Davis.

Nice pick. The quality of the rest of the cornerbacks that I have seen play in this draft really goes down after the top 3.

Rey
03-26-2013, 07:16 PM
Nice pick. The quality of the rest of the cornerbacks that I have seen play in this draft really goes down after the top 3.

Yeah, that's why I went with trufant.

Was tempted to go wr, but i should be able to grab a decent one later. Colts need a lot...

Rey
03-26-2013, 07:17 PM
How many rounds are we doing?

NCTexan
03-26-2013, 07:22 PM
With the 25th pick overall the Vikings select Kevin Minter LB. They need to shore up their inside for sure, and Minter is the guy here.

Corrosion
03-26-2013, 07:24 PM
With the 25th pick overall the Vikings select Kevin Minter LB. They need to shore up their inside for sure, and Minter is the guy here.

well , you are two for two.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 07:25 PM

It doesn't matter, I can go 14 rounds. lOL

Trufant is a nice-looking corner.
Wheaton had some good battles with him though and won quite a few, being an offensive player.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 07:26 PM

You weren't kidding when you said you're ready to run to the podium hahaha

76Texan
03-26-2013, 07:30 PM
I just emailed coon again.

We may be working overtime tonight playing catch up .

76Texan
03-26-2013, 07:34 PM
On the clock...

26. Green Bay- mussop

27. Houston- Corrosion
28. Denver- Senor Stan
29. New England- Coon
30 Atlanta- Bong

Where Mussop goes?
He was just here.

NCTexan
03-26-2013, 07:35 PM
well , you are two for two.

Thanks. The Vikings are my dad's team, and my second team. I feel like I know their needs pretty well.

You weren't kidding when you said you're ready to run to the podium hahaha

Doing my part to keep the draft moving! :kitten:

edit: Not that you guys aren't! You're doing an amazing job!

mussop
03-26-2013, 07:36 PM
For such a good team there are a lot of holes. Saturday retired so a new center is needed. To early so x'ed out Barret Jones.

Rodgers was sacked a ton last year so protecting the franchise is paramount so OT Menelik Watson, OG Larry Warford and G/T Justin Pugh are high on my list.

The defense was horrible last year at getting to the QB so added talent on the DL and LB is a strong consideration. Also BJ Raji is in the last year of his contract. DT Johnathan Hankins, DT Jesse Williams, DT Kawann Short are all considerations on the DL while DE Alex Okafor, LB Alec Ogletree, LB Arthur Brown, LB Kevin Minter and LB Khaseem Green are all considerations at LB.

This team is QB driven with Rodgers at the helm and two of his best weapons from previous years are gone in Jenkins and Driver so they will need to be replaced. At this point the only WR's left that are first round worthy IMO are WR DeAndre Hopkins and WR Justin Hunter.

Running back is also a concern so I considered RB Eddie Lacy and RB Gio Bernard. Lacy could really help in the play action for this team.

So it comes down to these guys.
WR DeAndre Hopkins
OT Menelik Watson
DE Alex Okafor
LB Alec Ogletree
RB Eddie Lacy
WR Justin Hunter
LB Arthur Brown
OG Larry Warford
LB Kevin Minter
LB Khaseem Green
RB Gio Bernard
G/T Justin Pugh
C Barrett Jones
OT Menelik Watson
OG Larry Warford
G/T Justin Pugh
DT Johnathan Hankins
DT Jesse Williams
DT Kawann Short

Kevin Minter was just taken so remove him from the list.

With the 26th pick in the 2013 NFL draft the Green Bay Packers select:

mussop
03-26-2013, 07:38 PM
WR DeAndre Hopkins

Such a QB driven team has to have targets for Rodgers or his talent will just be wasted.

Corrosion
03-26-2013, 07:46 PM
WR DeAndre Hopkins

Such a QB driven team has to have targets for Rodgers or his talent will just be wasted.

I just read your post above this one .... and knew this was the way you would go. Good pick .... another that makes me go back to the drawing board.

After NCTexan took Minter and this pick , Im looking at NT with Short & Johnathan Hankins .. WR with Hunter and Arthur Brown at OLB. Even considering Eifert at TE ..... I dont like the value of any of these guy's here.

I need a few minutes .... maybe a nap! (kidding).

76Texan
03-26-2013, 07:46 PM
WR DeAndre Hopkins

The choice is a little plain considering such a long list, LOL.

I like Hopkins, but I feel like he's a bit of a reach in the first.
But you've got to do what you've got to do once you draw up your board, right?

Seņor Stan
03-26-2013, 07:47 PM
I just read your post in the other thread .... and knew this was the way you would go. Good pick .... another that makes me go back to the drawing board.

After NCTexan took Minter and this pick , Im looking at NT with Short & Johnathan Hankins .. WR with Hunter and Arthur Brown at OLB. Even considering Eifert at TE ..... I dont like the value of any of these guy's here.

Te'o Te'o Te'o!!!!

Houston has the best looking imaginary girlfriends in the country. FACT.

Make it happen Corrosion!!!

76Texan
03-26-2013, 07:47 PM
I just read your post above this one .... and knew this was the way you would go. Good pick .... another that makes me go back to the drawing board.

You need what? A slap? :)

76Texan
03-26-2013, 07:50 PM
Te'o Te'o Te'o!!!!

Houston has the best looking imaginary girlfriends in the country. FACT.

Make it happen Corrosion!!!

Hey, you don't know how many whiskeys he's has after he got up; he might just do it.

I wonder what would happen with the fans if the Texans call out Te'o's name in draft day, LOL!

coon
03-26-2013, 07:52 PM
I'm here, and I'm ready. I really wanted Trufant, damn good player. 76 thanks for keeping me in the loop while I'm busy

76Texan
03-26-2013, 07:55 PM
I'm here, and I'm ready. I really wanted Trufant, damn good player.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind having him either.

Emailed b0ng; he was here but left not more than an hour ago.

steelbtexan
03-26-2013, 07:58 PM

Hopefully we can do 7 like we did in 2011.

Trufant will be a day 1 starter and has a chance to be the best CB in this draft. There's really not much difference between Millner and Trufant. IMHO