PDA

View Full Version : 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

steelbtexan
03-29-2013, 11:04 PM
Pittsburgh ... selects Terrance Williams Baylor .

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/643/886/hi-res-6589972_display_image.jpg?1349237377

Great value

This is why the Steelers stay on top.

TexansSeminole
03-29-2013, 11:06 PM
He had a bad yr last yr.

I remember the regular season ALA-LSU game in 2011.

He just tried to do too much last yr and got exposed.

Yep. He was forced to make alot of plays, they asked quite a bit of him. He showed he has the ability to make the plays, it's about remaining consistent. I like him, especially in this area of the draft.

steelbtexan
03-29-2013, 11:07 PM
Pick is in...

The Dallas Cowboys select...

Kniles Davis, RB, Arkansas — Felix Jones is an unrestricted free agent, and though he could return, the team needs far more insurance behind injury-prone starter DeMarco Murray. The other options, Phillip Tanner and Lance Dunbar, entered the league as undrafted players. The team could use a backup who can handle some passing-game duty and take carries when needed.
Jerry Jones loves size, speed, and strength
Jerry Jones is a Razorback Alum. Jerry Jones loves Razorback running backs.
I think Davis will go higher than most expect
Murray&Davis would be a hard power combo to stop.
Give old man Romo a break. Throw less run more = good things for Cowboy land haha

Hard to run without an OL.

Old man Romo runs for his life another yr.

TexansSeminole
03-29-2013, 11:12 PM
83 Minnesota - NC Texan ON THE CLOCK
84 Cincinnati - Corrosion
85 Washington - Steel B Texan
86 Indianapolis - Rey
87 Seattle - Blake
88 Green Bay - Mussop

Rock N Randy
03-29-2013, 11:13 PM
Hard to run without an OL.

Old man Romo runs for his life another yr.

I got a plan Steelb geesh
Sit back and eat some popcorn
Show you how it's done
This fiasco didn't get broke in one dang night and I sure as heck can't fix it in one dang draft
But I'll make this team better even though it makes me sick.

We focus on D for the first two picks
just grabbed Davis and I know who I'm targeting next.

Just watch buddy

(Jimmy Johnson mode)

WolverineFan
03-29-2013, 11:20 PM
If healthy the Chargers have really upgraded their OL.

Chargers have some serious problems on the O-Line. Getting 2 new starters is definitely an upgrade, but they might need even more than that.

Williams would have much higher value if he could play LT. As is, a RT is rarely going to get graded 1st round. If healthy he would be a lock for the mid-to-high 2nd round tho.

And I absolutely love Cooper. Would love for the Texans to grab him, but that's just not going to happen.

RT22
03-29-2013, 11:36 PM
The Dolphins select....

Dallas Thomas, OG, Tennessee

Thomas played left tackle, then switched to left guard in his final year at Tennessee. He tore his labrum and had surgery in February of this year, so he probably won't be available and up to speed until mid-season, but he could replace John Jerry or Richie Incognito in the next few seasons. If not, maybe the Dolphins try him at left tackle? Seems like good versatility for a player that may need it with Jonathan Martin's transition from RT to LT.

I was hoping he lasted another round or two with the injury.

RT22
03-29-2013, 11:40 PM
He had a bad yr last yr.

I remember the regular season ALA-LSU game in 2011.

He just tried to do too much last yr and got exposed.

I think he is a good fit for the Rams and if anyone can get Reid to play up to his potential it is Jeff Fisher.

NCTexan
03-30-2013, 01:31 AM
Vikings select D.J. Swearinger, S, South Carolina.

The Vikings need someone else in the backfield to help out Harrison Smith (who definitely did well this year). At this point I feel as though the value is better at safety than CB, and so this is the pick!

Corrosion
03-30-2013, 05:59 AM
#84 Cicny Bungles pick Stanford OLB Chase Thomas.

Corrosion
03-30-2013, 06:04 AM
I'll be out for most of today. Not quite prepared for the Texans next pick , its my understanding that picks today (weekend) are voluntary ?! If thats the case , I'll make my selection at #89 when I return sometime this afternoon.

Wolf6151
03-30-2013, 06:12 AM
I'll be out for most of today. Not quite prepared for the Texans next pick , its my understanding that picks today (weekend) are voluntary ?! If thats the case , I'll make my selection at #89 when I return sometime this afternoon.

That's my understanding as well. The draft is officially closed on weekends until 7am Monday but folks can make their picks if they want.

Corrosion
03-30-2013, 06:33 AM
That's my understanding as well. The draft is officially closed on weekends until 7am Monday but folks can make their picks if they want.

Well , I made my Cincy pick , its the last post on the previous page.

I should be back this evening ... Im going to get my kids out for the day so we can all forget yesterday for a while.

If Im on the clock when I return , I'll make the selection as soon as possible.

steelbtexan
03-30-2013, 07:05 AM
With the 85th pick in the NFL Mock Draft the Washington Redskins select Shamarko Thomas, S, Syracuse

76Texan
03-30-2013, 12:07 PM
With the 86th pick, the Colts (GM Rey) select OT David Quessenberry, San Jose St.

WolverineFan
03-30-2013, 12:12 PM
With the 86th pick, the Colts (GM Rey) select OT David Quessenberry, San Jose St.

Geez man I just can't catch a break. Guess I should have taken him with my last pick.

This guy might be the biggest sleeper on the OL in this draft.

76Texan
03-30-2013, 12:19 PM
Geez man I just can't catch a break. Guess I should have taken him with my last pick.

This guy might be the biggest sleeper on the OL in this draft.

For the Chargers or Niners?

WolverineFan
03-30-2013, 12:23 PM
For the Chargers or Niners?

SF. I'm happy with my picks on the O-Line for SD. SF doesn't really need O-Line, but I thought about taking him with my last pick because he could start at OG or C day-one.

WolverineFan
03-30-2013, 12:25 PM
i will be incommunicado all weekend so if my picks for seattle or jacksonville come up i will leave it for the mods of this draft or the consensus. Thanks!

fwiw

76Texan
03-30-2013, 12:30 PM
SF. I'm happy with my picks on the O-Line for SD. SF doesn't really need O-Line, but I thought about taking him with my last pick because he could start at OG or C day-one.

But your haul was good as is.

76Texan
03-30-2013, 12:33 PM
I suggest one of the two wide receivers Aaron Dobson or Kenny Stills for the Seahawks.

Dobson is a big physical receiver while Stills is a speedster.

Up next:

25 87 Seattle - Blake
26 88 Green Bay - Mussop
27 89 Houston - Corrosion
28 90 Denver - Senor Stan
29 91 New England - Coon
30 92 Atlanta - Bong
31 93 San Francisco - Wolverine Fan
32 94 Baltimore - Rock-N-Randy
33 95 Houston - Corrosion
34 96 Kansas City - Wolf 6151
35 97 Tennessee - Senor Stan

I like Dobson, but I vote Kenny Stills.
Other suggestions please.

Honoring Earl 34
03-30-2013, 12:38 PM
I suggest one of the two wide receivers Aaron Dobson or Kenny Stills for the Seahawks.

Dobson is a big physical receiver while Stills is a speedster.

Up next:

I like Dobson, but I vote Kenny Stills.
Other suggestions please.

Dang people make your picks ...:spit: .

How about a QB if Flynn leaves ?

76Texan
03-30-2013, 12:46 PM
Dang people make your picks ...:spit: .

How about a QB if Flynn leaves ?

God point, but I think they want to win so why not give Wilson another weapon and look for a back-up QB later.

Honoring Earl 34
03-30-2013, 12:46 PM
God point, but I think they want to win so why not give Wilson another weapon and look for a back-up QB later.

They need a RT .

76Texan
03-30-2013, 12:48 PM
They need a RT .

Not good value in this round, JMO.

Honoring Earl 34
03-30-2013, 12:52 PM
Not good value in this round, JMO.

I'm still trying to catch up .

I do think Stills fits in with the Seahawks .

Is *David Bahktiari OT Colorado still there ?

WolverineFan
03-30-2013, 12:53 PM
But your haul was good as is.

I'm happy with my haul for SF, but I was targeting Quessenberry with my next pick.

steelbtexan
03-30-2013, 12:55 PM
I know this is a slight reach but I like Kwame Geathers.

Huge guy that has his best yrs ahead of him. His dad, uncle and brother all play/played in the NFL.

steelbtexan
03-30-2013, 12:57 PM

Yep and he would be a great pick.

WolverineFan
03-30-2013, 12:57 PM

Bahktiari is more of an OG prospect.

*They could use OG & OT though so Bahtiari not a bad pick.

76Texan
03-30-2013, 01:06 PM
Bahktiari is more of an OG prospect.

*They could use OG & OT though so Bahtiari not a bad pick.

I have him as a 4th rounder at best. He's not as good as Brandon Brooks.

Honoring Earl 34
03-30-2013, 01:08 PM
I know this is a slight reach but I like Kwame Geathers.

Huge guy that has his best yrs ahead of him. His dad, uncle and brother all play/played in the NFL.

They need a push up the middle .

76Texan
03-30-2013, 01:34 PM
They need a push up the middle .

Frank Okam 2.0 = 5-6th round

76Texan
03-30-2013, 01:53 PM
We just need one vote to break the multi-way tie, LOL.

Whoever casts the deciding vote, please announce the selection and update the draft order list please.

steelbtexan
03-30-2013, 02:08 PM

I'm changing my vote to Bahktiari.

Am I the swing vote?

Honoring Earl 34
03-30-2013, 02:12 PM
I'm changing my vote to Bahktiari.

Am I the swing vote?

With The Seahawks taking Harvin , OL is their biggest priority . Now 76 says that no OL rate that high . You could take the highest rated player which is a QB cause their trying to shop Flynn .

steelbtexan
03-30-2013, 02:18 PM
With The Seahawks taking Harvin , OL is their biggest priority . Now 76 says that no OL rate that high . You could take the highest rated player which is a QB cause their trying to shop Flynn .

True

Tyler Wilson repesents great value at this point in the 3rd rd.

Honoring Earl 34
03-30-2013, 02:24 PM
True

Tyler Wilson repesents great value at this point in the 3rd rd.

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/SEA

steelbtexan
03-30-2013, 02:31 PM
Who's the pick?

You make the pick Earl.

Honoring Earl 34
03-30-2013, 02:36 PM
Who's the pick?

You make the pick Earl.

I would go with David Bahktiari OT Colorado . QBs are dropping so there will be one later . A mobile QB at that so you don't have to change much if Wilson gets hurt .

Señor Stan
03-30-2013, 02:46 PM
I would go with David Bahktiari OT Colorado . QBs are dropping so there will be one later . A mobile QB at that so you don't have to change much if Wilson gets hurt .

I would second this

steelbtexan
03-30-2013, 02:57 PM
I would second this

Bahktiari it is.

Señor Stan
03-30-2013, 04:28 PM
So the seattle seahawks get Bahktiari.

Mussop and the packers are up...

mussop
03-30-2013, 04:43 PM
Since Blake stole my pick I'm going

Green Bay selects
• Vance McDonald TE Rice

More weapons for Rodgers. Just to good to pass up at this point.

steelbtexan
03-30-2013, 04:52 PM

Green Bay selects
• Vance McDonald TE Rice

Great Pick,

I was hoping McDonald would fall to the Cards in the 4th rd.

WolverineFan
03-30-2013, 04:55 PM

Green Bay selects
• Vance McDonald TE Rice

Man, nice pick. That Packers offense would be ridiculous.

WR - Nelson, Cobb, Hopkins, Jones
TE - Finley, McDonald

Not even fair. I love the Barrett Jones pick to stabilize up front as well.

Señor Stan
03-30-2013, 06:20 PM
Texans are up again.....who would you all like to see in this spot? DT and WR are 1 and 2...ILB...DB....or....perhaps.....QB?

htownfan32
03-30-2013, 06:41 PM
For ILB, Kiko Alonso and Jonathan Bostic are good value in this round. For QB... I'm surprised Tyler Wilson has fallen this far. QB is not a need, though, and I feel like it'd be a waste of a third rounder that we could use to plug a hole or add depth elsewhere.

For DBs... Safeties Phillip Thomas and Bacarri Rambo. Rambo's got some issues (suspensions) and Thomas had a nasty injury a while back, but the idea of both under Ed Reed's tutelage makes for an enticing prospect. BW Webb is a good CB prospect here too. Logan Ryan as well, but Ryan did have a disappointing combine. However, he looks good in man-to-man.

Wolf6151
03-30-2013, 07:20 PM
I have to agree with htf32, a QB this season is a wasted pick that we could spend on another position. It's not a good QB class and with Schaubs new contract I think he's here for another 2 yrs. minimum. I think this would be a great place to address either the secondary or the O-line. The secondary because these players need at least a year of seasoning before seeing the field, we need current depth, JJo is going to get alot more expensive very soon and could be a cap hit soon especially with the massive contract coming to JJ Watt soon, and we have to start preparing for the 2014 season. The same reasoning can be used for the O-line. There's good O-line players in the 3rd, we need current depth, and a replacement for Wade Smith in 2014. I'd prefer a guy that can play OT and OG but at the very least a quality athletic OG.

I'd go for Alvin Bailey-OG here, current quality depth, and takes W. Smith place at LG in 2014.

Honoring Earl 34
03-30-2013, 07:41 PM
How about Gavin Escobar, TE or Chris Faulk OT LSU

steelbtexan
03-30-2013, 09:04 PM
How about Gavin Escobar, TE or Chris Faulk OT LSU

Those would be good picks.

If I was the GM there's no question who I would pick.

Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas. He's much better than given credit for, look at his healthy Jr yr. The Texans have other needs, but a top notch QB is at the top of the list.

mussop
03-30-2013, 09:12 PM

Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas. He's much better than given credit for, look at his healthy Jr yr. The Texans have other needs, but a top notch QB is at the top of the list.

My pick also.

Or zack Dysert next round

Honoring Earl 34
03-30-2013, 09:15 PM

Being that they have two picks in the 3rd , you can get two of them . Then you have Bostic waiting around also .

Wolf6151
03-31-2013, 01:34 AM
I'd agree with taking a QB pick next year (2014), someone to sit for a year behind Schaub and learn, and I also think that next year will be a better QB class thus better talent to choose from. I just think picking a guy from a subpar class to sit for 2 yrs. behind Schaub is a wasted pick when there are other holes to be filled.

I like HE34 suggestion of Escobar, good player, but again think there are bigger needs than 3rd string TE in the 3rd round. I think a high pick next year on TE after OD is a FA, Graham moves up on the depth chart and there's a much bigger need to fill with a TE in the 2nd round maybe. I'd just rather take a quality CB, Safety, or OG that will be good quality depth in 2013 and probable starter in 2014.

I guess we'll just wait and see what Corrosion will do with his pick.

Corrosion
03-31-2013, 01:37 AM

Green Bay selects
• Vance McDonald TE Rice

He was my target here ..... good choice. On to plan B.

Oick #89 - Corey Lemonier OLB Auburn.

Wolf6151
03-31-2013, 01:58 AM

If Reed is moved to ILB this is a very good pick. I like his size and speed for the position and the fact he's an SEC product. Good haul for the Texans so far.

Corrosion
03-31-2013, 02:17 AM
If Reed is moved to ILB this is a very good pick. I like his size and speed for the position and the fact he's an SEC product. Good haul for the Texans so far.

Even if Reed stays outside , they have no depth at the position as Mercilus will likely start on the other side. Right now Braman is the only other OLB on the roster other than a couple PS guy's. There arent many guy's left with this combination of size and speed left in the talent pool. After Vance McDonald went off the board , this was pretty much a no brainer.

mussop
03-31-2013, 03:03 AM
My pick also.

Or zack Dysert next round

Let me clarify. Wilson or Dysert would be my pick for the TEXANS. I came real close to picking Wilson for GB but couldn't pass up Vance McDonald.

mussop
03-31-2013, 07:07 AM

He's already been picked. # 67 Phili

TexansSeminole
03-31-2013, 08:05 AM

Yea, I took him with Philly pretty high. Not many 3-4 OLbers left, that's part of the reason I drafted him so high for Philly. I have been following Lemonier since he came highly recruited out of Florida high school, I think he has a chance to be special.

No rush. We've made excellent time so far and are in a weekend period.

Corrosion
03-31-2013, 09:23 AM

Ah crap , I didnt see him on the list .... I'll go back to the drawing board , time for plan C.

Honoring Earl 34
03-31-2013, 09:40 AM
I'd agree with taking a QB pick next year (2014), someone to sit for a year behind Schaub and learn, and I also think that next year will be a better QB class thus better talent to choose from. I just think picking a guy from a subpar class to sit for 2 yrs. behind Schaub is a wasted pick when there are other holes to be filled.

I like HE34 suggestion of Escobar, good player, but again think there are bigger needs than 3rd string TE in the 3rd round. I think a high pick next year on TE after OD is a FA, Graham moves up on the depth chart and there's a much bigger need to fill with a TE in the 2nd round maybe. I'd just rather take a quality CB, Safety, or OG that will be good quality depth in 2013 and probable starter in 2014.

I guess we'll just wait and see what Corrosion will do with his pick.

To me it's not just about filling needs it's about upgrading talent or getting diverse .

Honoring Earl 34
03-31-2013, 09:41 AM
Ah crap , I didnt see him on the list .... I'll go back to the drawing board , time for plan C.

You have two picks pretty quick .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmHeP9Sve48

Corrosion
03-31-2013, 10:05 AM
Guess I'll go with the highest rated player remaining on my board ....

Pick #89 Aaron Dobson - WR Marshall.

I'll have to reshuffle the deck after this one but the value is tough to pass up , he will likely be a 2nd round pick and the Texans are very weak at the position. Its #80 and a buncha nuttin. Getting Rodgers and Marshall addsa lot of talent.

Honoring Earl 34
03-31-2013, 10:28 AM

I'll have to reshuffle the deck after this one but the value is tough to pass up , he will likely be a 2nd round pick and the Texans are very weak at the position. Its #80 and a buncha nuttin. Getting Rodgers and Marshall addsa lot of talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AERwgNvgMmc

Señor Stan
03-31-2013, 10:44 AM
The Denver Broncos select....

Marcus Lattimore RB-South Carolina

Somebody is going to take Lattimore in the first 3 rounds after his latest workout had scouts buzzing. Mcgahee is old and Moreno is OK...Hilman is JAG.

Adrian Peterson's unbelievable recovery and Dr Andrews "shock the world" comment have me thinking that Lattimore will be ready. He will be an elite back in the NFL and 3rd round is a steal.

TexansSeminole
03-31-2013, 10:48 AM
The Denver Broncos select....

Marcus Lattimore RB-South Carolina

Somebody is going to take Lattimore in the first 3 rounds after his latest workout had scouts buzzing. Mcgahee is old and Moreno is OK...Hilman is JAG.

Adrian Peterson's unbelievable recovery and Dr Andrews "shock the world" comment have me thinking that Lattimore will be ready. He will be an elite back in the NFL and 3rd round is a steal.

That's a good pick. He's got more natural ability than just about any RB in this draft.

Corrosion, you keep picking guys that I don't get to watch very often! I have seen Dobson play a few times though and liked what I saw from him. I actually like him more than Terrance Williams from Baylor.

76Texan
03-31-2013, 10:54 AM
That's a good pick. He's got more natural ability than just about any RB in this draft.

Corrosion, you keep picking guys that I don't get to watch very often! I have seen Dobson play a few times though and liked what I saw from him. I actually like him more than Terrance Williams from Baylor.

He's a very good player, no doubt.

76Texan
03-31-2013, 11:02 AM

No complain from me here; just want to talk about stretegy.
Rodgers and Dobson are both big receivers, why not go with a guy with top end speed here instead?

76Texan
03-31-2013, 11:22 AM
Next up:

29 91 New England - Coon

30 92 Atlanta - Bong

Honoring Earl 34
03-31-2013, 12:18 PM
Rodgers and Dobson are both big receivers, why not go with a guy with top end speed here instead?

Kinda what I was thinking , but oh well . My in hindsight would have been WR , Jesse Williams , and two out of these 5 ( Faulk OT , Escobar TE , Bostic ILB , Gooden ILB Webb DB ) .

steelbtexan
03-31-2013, 01:00 PM
To me it's not just about filling needs it's about upgrading talent or getting diverse .

Yep Talent should trump need,

Corrosion did that when he picked Aaron Dobson, he's big fast has good hands, easliy a steal in the 3rd rd. Schaub finally has weapons, WR position should be in good hands for the next 10 yrs or so.

steelbtexan
03-31-2013, 01:03 PM

Great pick,

Doubling up at WR with a talent like Dobson is very smart. The offense just improved in rds 1-3. Real talent, great draft so far.

Honoring Earl 34
03-31-2013, 01:03 PM
Yep Talent should trump need,

Corrosion did that when he picked Aaron Dobson, he's big fast has good hands, easliy a steal in the 3rd rd. Schaub finally has weapons, WR position should be in good hands for the next 10 yrs or so.

The funny thing is Schaub might be long gone by the time these young Wrs ripen . The Texans have been putting this off for awhile .

It's good that there's still 3 ILBs , a couple of tall TEs , and more .

steelbtexan
03-31-2013, 01:04 PM

Dobson is plenty fast.

coon
03-31-2013, 01:05 PM
I'm here. Once i figure out who is available I will make my pick.

Corrosion
03-31-2013, 01:49 PM
The funny thing is Schaub might be long gone by the time these young Wrs ripen . The Texans have been putting this off for awhile .

It's good that there's still 3 ILBs , a couple of tall TEs , and more .

I realy wanted an OLB with that pick .... but after I realized that the guy I had pegged was gone and none of the others graded out .... it was easy to take Dobson who I have rated in the 40's overall with the 89th selection. Also , all the OT's would have been a reach .... and there are several ILB's who should be on the board in rounds 4-5.

As for taking two big reciervers .... they are both also fast and great route runners with outstanding hands. Rodgers likely is a top 10 pick , the first WR off the board without his baggage. Schaub desperately needed weapons - He has them in spades now.

coon
03-31-2013, 01:50 PM
OK, it came down to a few interior lineman but I am going to go with the nastiest of them. With the 91st pick in the TT Mock Draft, The New England Patriots select, Brian Winters OG Kent State.

30 92 Atlanta - Bong, you are on the clock.

Honoring Earl 34
03-31-2013, 06:34 PM
http://walterfootball.com/draft2013reader_1.php

76Texan
03-31-2013, 07:26 PM
http://walterfootball.com/draft2013reader_1.php

One with a solid floor; one with potential.

Best of both world = Keenan Allen

Honoring Earl 34
03-31-2013, 07:32 PM
One with a solid floor; one with potential.

Best of both world = Keenan Allen

Yep ... just a chance to participate .

mussop
03-31-2013, 07:56 PM
Who's the No. 27 Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft?
Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International
Matt Elam, S, Florida
Johnathan Hankins, NT, Ohio State
DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
John Jenkins, NT, Georgia
Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame
Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State
Jesse Williams, NT, Alabama
Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina

Man I really hope we trade down. Really I would be happy with any of these guys. Hunter is the only one I would really question out of that list.

Honoring Earl 34
03-31-2013, 07:57 PM
Who's the No. 27 Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft?
Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International
Matt Elam, S, Florida
Johnathan Hankins, NT, Ohio State
DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
John Jenkins, NT, Georgia
Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame
Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State
Jesse Williams, NT, Alabama
Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina

Man I really hope we trade down. Really I would be happy with any of these guys. Hunter is the only one I would really question out of that list.

Somebody would really have to want one of them to trade .

Corrosion
03-31-2013, 08:04 PM

The talent level seems really flat from ~25-60. I think it would be really difficult to move back.

Corrosion
03-31-2013, 08:08 PM
Dobson is plenty fast.

Rodgers ran a 4.50 and Dobson a 4.53 ... both plenty fast.

Honoring Earl 34
03-31-2013, 08:09 PM
Rodgers ran a 4.50 and Dobson a 4.53 ... both plenty fast.

Dobson hit a 4.42 at his pro day .

Honoring Earl 34
03-31-2013, 08:10 PM
The talent level seems really flat from ~25-60. I think it would be really difficult to move back.

Unless that OT from FSU is coveted .

Corrosion
03-31-2013, 08:13 PM
Unless that OT from FSU is coveted .

You have Armstead and Watson (the FSU OT) who could go in that part of the draft .... Bakhtiari , Quessenberry and Mills arent far behind those two either.

Honoring Earl 34
03-31-2013, 08:23 PM
You have Armstead and Watson (the FSU OT) who could go in that part of the draft .... Bakhtiari , Quessenberry and Mills arent far behind those two either.

What if the 49ers really liked somebody at 27 ?

mussop
03-31-2013, 09:50 PM

What about someone moving up from the second round to our spot to take a QB? I can see that happening.

Honoring Earl 34
03-31-2013, 09:53 PM
What about someone moving up from the second round to our spot to take a QB? I can see that happening.

I could see SF trading up for a safety because there's only a couple . Besides they have a ton of picks .

WolverineFan
03-31-2013, 09:56 PM
I could see SF trading up for a safety because there's only a couple . Besides they have a ton of picks .

I've done a lot of research on SF for the mock. The only guy's they're trading up for is Lotulelei or Richardson. They would trade up to #18-#20 for one of those guys.

They aren't trading up 4 spots especially since one of the Safeties will be available for their pick.

76Texan
04-01-2013, 08:32 AM
On the clock at 7:00 A.M. Monday

30 92 Atlanta - Bong

76Texan
04-01-2013, 09:05 AM
I can't believe all these QBs are still here (only 4 have been selected;) doubt that will happen in the NFL draft.

WolverineFan
04-01-2013, 10:12 AM
I can't believe all these QBs are still here (only 4 have been selected;) doubt that will happen in the NFL draft.

Looks like bong isn't going to make his pick before I leave. Is it cool if I PM you my pick?

Rock N Randy
04-01-2013, 10:20 AM
I'm ready for Baltimore
Been waiting all weekend
Hope everyone had a blessed and joyous Easter Holiday

steelbtexan
04-01-2013, 10:25 AM
Looks like bong isn't going to make his pick before I leave. Is it cool if I PM you my pick?

Yep

Just send me your top 2.

steelbtexan
04-01-2013, 10:28 AM
I'm ready for Baltimore
Been waiting all weekend
Hope everyone had a blessed and joyous Easter Holiday

We had real good participation this weekend, although it wasn't mandatory. The draft is moving along a at very good pace. All of y'all are to be comended.

Hope you had a wonderful and blessed Easter as well.

76Texan
04-01-2013, 10:35 AM
I should be around all day.

76Texan
04-01-2013, 10:38 AM
What do the Falcons need, just in case...

Have they found a replacement for Abraham yet?

htownfan32
04-01-2013, 10:46 AM

Osi Umenyiora?

Dutchrudder
04-01-2013, 10:48 AM
Hey guys, I just updated the google spreadsheet. If possible, please keep your selections and announcements to this syntax: Player name, Position, School

If you use the commas, it's really easy for me to parse the data and copy/paste it. I fixed the names in the spreadsheet and the selections thread so that all spaces and hyphens have been removed to make it easier for me. If you guys can keep that up, I can keep the spreadsheet up to date much easier.

76Texan
04-01-2013, 10:48 AM
Osi Umenyiora?

You're right! I forgot about that.
What else do they need?

WolverineFan
04-01-2013, 10:49 AM

Giovani Bernard would be an absolute steal here.

76Texan
04-01-2013, 10:51 AM
Hey guys, I just updated the google spreadsheet. If possible, please keep your selections and announcements to this syntax: Player name, Position, School

If you use the commas, it's really easy for me to parse the data and copy/paste it. I fixed the names in the spreadsheet and the selections thread so that all spaces and hyphens have been removed to make it easier for me. If you guys can keep that up, I can keep the spreadsheet up to date much easier.

Wait, can you make it clearer?

76Texan
04-01-2013, 10:52 AM
Giovani Bernard would be an absolute steal here.

Hush! :shoot::hunter::club:

Dutchrudder
04-01-2013, 10:53 AM
Wait, can you make it clearer?

Make picks look this way: Brian Winters, OG, Kent St.

Not: Brian Winters OG Kent St.

Not: Brian Winters Kent St.

Not: Brian Winters

76Texan
04-01-2013, 10:54 AM

Osi Umenyiora?

I see that he also selects DE Margus Hunt and a CB.

htownfan32
You're right! I forgot about that.
What else do they need?

I second WolverineFan, Bernard would be an absolute steal. Michael Turner is old and Bernard is much better than Jacquizz Rodgers.

76Texan
Make picks look this way: Brian Winters, OG, Kent St.

Not: Brian Winters OG Kent St.

Not: Brian Winters Kent St.

Not: Brian Winters

Gotcha!

Just wanted to be sure.

76Texan
04-01-2013, 10:55 AM
I second WolverineFan, Bernard would be an absolute steal. Michael Turner is old and Bernard is much better than Jacquizz Rodgers.

I thought maybe corrosion will consider him.

Dutchrudder
04-01-2013, 10:56 AM

Turner was cut, and they signed Stephen Jackson. SJax is old though, so this could be a good pick now.

WolverineFan
04-01-2013, 10:57 AM

They cut Turner and signed Steven Jackson but the point remains the same.

Jackson has a year or two left at best and Quiz, while a great player, is limited. Bernard would be a great pick here because he could learn behind Jackson and eventually replace him. Not to mention his skill set fits this offense perfectly. He would give the run game the explosion that it has not had for quite some time.

WolverineFan
04-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Yep

Just send me your top 2.

Sent

76Texan
04-01-2013, 11:03 AM
I hope the Texans consider him if he lasts.

htownfan32
04-01-2013, 11:12 AM
I thought maybe corrosion will consider him.

I can see us in real life going for RB later in the draft, but if Bernard is here, I would consider drafting him to eventually take over for Ben Tate.

srrono
04-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Bills getting Kolb
OAK getting Flynn
ARZ trading for Palmer
KC getting Smith
CLE signing Campbell and having Weeden
Is there a chance Geno slips to HOU and if he did would they take him?

Jags could take him at #2

76Texan
04-01-2013, 11:18 AM
Bills getting Kolb
OAK getting Flynn
ARZ trading for Palmer
KC getting Smith

Doesn't mean one or two of those teams won't take a QB in the first.

htownfan32
04-01-2013, 11:19 AM
Bills getting Kolb
OAK getting Flynn
ARZ trading for Palmer
KC getting Smith

I think the Jags will take him, but they could opt to suck for another year to maybe have a shot at the Johnny Manziel-Teddy Bridgewater-Tajh Boyd lottery.

76Texan
04-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Looks like Falcons fans want a NT/DT or a SAM (or 34 SILB).

NT/DT:
Montori Hughes, Jordan Hill, T J Barnes, Kwame Geathers

Also, check out mussop lists:
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99429

76Texan
04-01-2013, 11:28 AM
And then again:

NFL Mock Draft 2013: Falcons select Giovani Bernard

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/2013/2/25/4027502/2013-nfl-mock-draft-falcons

In SB Nation's latest mock draft by Matthew Fairburn, the Atlanta Falcons are selecting North Carolina Tar Heels running back Giovani Bernard with the No. 30 overall pick.

steelbtexan
04-01-2013, 11:37 AM
There's an OLB I'm looking at for the Cards so I'm going to sit this pick out.

No NT is worth taking. IMHO

With McClure retiring C is also a position of need.

76Texan
04-01-2013, 11:39 AM
At 11:00 A.M., if b0ng doesn't show up, please put your nomination up for consideration, thank you.

76Texan
04-01-2013, 11:42 AM
There's an OLB I'm looking at for the Cards so I'm going to sit this pick out.

No NT is worth taking. IMHO

With McClure retiring C is also a position of need.

I thought Peter Kontz was drafted for that???

Wolf6151
04-01-2013, 12:00 PM
I pm'd my picks for the Chiefs to 76Texan, in case it gets to me and I'm still at work.

76Texan
04-01-2013, 12:04 PM
I pm'd my picks for the Chiefs to 76Texan, in case it gets to me and I'm still at work.

Got it! Thanks!

Señor Stan
04-01-2013, 12:08 PM
And then again:

NFL Mock Draft 2013: Falcons select Giovani Bernard

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/2013/2/25/4027502/2013-nfl-mock-draft-falcons

Bernard ahead of Montee Ball? If I was picking a RB I would pick Ball over Bernard...

They signed Steven Jackson to replace Turner...but how much does he have left in the tank?

Corrosion
04-01-2013, 12:23 PM
I'll be out the rest of the day , PM'd my picks at 95 to SteelB ....

Gone fishin. :chickendance:

76Texan
04-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Bernard ahead of Montee Ball? If I was picking a RB I would pick Ball over Bernard...

They signed Steven Jackson to replace Turner...but how much does he have left in the tank?

OK, I'll bite. Two votes for Ball.
To be honest, I don't study the RBs too much, so I really can't compare the two of them.

If you follow the No Spin Zone, notice that I used "to", "too", and "two" in the same sentence, LOL!

76Texan
04-01-2013, 12:25 PM
I'll be out the rest of the day , PM'd my picks at 95 to SteelB ....

Gone fishin. :chickendance:

On a Monday?
Must be nice!

NCTexan
04-01-2013, 12:30 PM
OK, I'll bite. Two votes for Ball.
To be honest, I don't study the RBs too much, so I really can't compare the two of them.

If you follow the No Spin Zone, notice that I used "to", "too", and "two" in the same sentence, LOL!

I'd vote Bernard over Ball. Maybe the UNC homer in me but I think Bernard is a better back.

76Texan
04-01-2013, 12:41 PM
I'd vote Bernard over Ball. Maybe the UNC homer in me but I think Bernard is a better back.

OK, let me switch back so that we can get this over with.

Bernard, it is. LOL!

Next!

76Texan
04-01-2013, 12:43 PM
With the 92nd pick, the Falcons select Gioviani Bernard, RB, UNC

76Texan
04-01-2013, 12:46 PM
On the clock at 11:45 A.M. Monday

76Texan
04-01-2013, 01:32 PM
BTW, I had emailed Wolverine to notify him of his turn.

Señor Stan
04-01-2013, 01:59 PM
BTW, I had emailed Wolverine to notify him of his turn.

He emailed his picks to steelb. He should be able to make Wolverine's selection...

NCTexan
04-01-2013, 02:02 PM
With the 92nd pick, the Falcons select Gioviani Bernard, RB, N.C. St.

No! North Carolina! How could you get them confused!

:polevault:

76Texan
04-01-2013, 02:11 PM
No! North Carolina! How could you get them confused!

:polevault:

LOL, I knew that!

76Texan
04-01-2013, 02:15 PM
He emailed his picks to steelb. He should be able to make Wolverine's selection...

We should get it shortly.

steelbtexan
04-01-2013, 02:21 PM
With the 93rd pick in the NFL Mock Draft the San Francisco 49ers select Jordan Reed, TE, Florida.

76Texan
04-01-2013, 02:34 PM
RNR has been notified of his turn.

76Texan
04-01-2013, 03:01 PM
We have corrosion and wolf's picks in hand, so Señor Stan, please get ready as soon as RNR makes his selection.

Rock N Randy
04-01-2013, 03:04 PM
Baltimore selects ...

Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State

I believe Pitta and Dickerson are both FAs after the season
Doubt both will be returning which means there will be a void at the TE spot
Escobar is a well rounded TE and solid value here.

steelbtexan
04-01-2013, 03:11 PM
With the 95th pick in the NFL Mock Draft (Corrosion) the HOUSTON TEXANS select Cornelius Washington, OLB, Georgia.

Señor Stan
04-01-2013, 03:12 PM
We have corrosion and wolf's picks in hand, so Señor Stan, please get ready as soon as RNR makes his selection.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/105736/well-we-re-waiting-o.gif

Well...we're waiting [/judgeSmales]

steelbtexan
04-01-2013, 03:16 PM
With the 96th pick in the NFL Mock Draft the Kansas City Chiefs (Wolf 6151) select Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon.

Sorry it took me a while Senor Stan, (Work)

Señor Stan
04-01-2013, 03:19 PM
With the 97th pick the Tennessee Titans select...

Tyler Wilson, QB, Akansas

Highway Robbery for the BESF.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2011/writers/george_schroeder/04/07/arkansas-tyler-wilson/tyler-wilson-p1.jpg

I wanted Bray last round and ended up with Sio Moore. Almost took Wilson then and I really surprised he is still hanging around...

Sooo...Jake clean out your Locker!

Señor Stan
04-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Titans Draft so far...

1. Ziggy Ansah DE BYU
2. Tyler Eifer TE Notre Dame
3. Sio Moore OLB UConn
3 (supplemental) Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas

76Texan
With the 97th pick the Tennessee Titans select...

Tyler Wilson, QB, Akansas

Highway Robbery for the BESF.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2011/writers/george_schroeder/04/07/arkansas-tyler-wilson/tyler-wilson-p1.jpg

I wanted Bray last round and ended up with Sio Moore. Almost took Wilson then and I really surprised he is still hanging around...

Sooo...Jake clean out your Locker!
LOL!

TexansSeminole
With the 93rd pick in the NFL Mock Draft the San Francisco 49ers select Jordan Reed, TE, Florida.

Almost took him with Miami, but he was so much like Dustin Keller. I still would have taken him with my next Miami pick. Reminds me of Aaron Hernandez a little bit with his versatility. He is not as fast but can be moved around alot. Reed has some deceptive strength in his run after catch. I think he could be a valuable mismatch. Good pick.

76Texan
04-01-2013, 03:24 PM
Steelb can you update all the lists.
I've already emailed Blake.

Dutchrudder
04-01-2013, 03:24 PM
It's all updated now. Thanks for using the comma format.

Round 4:

1 98 Jacksonville - Blake -
2 99 Kansas City - Wolf6151 -
3 100 Oakland - srrono -
4 101 Philadelphia - TexansSeminole -
5 102 Minnesota - NCTexan -
6 103 Arizona - SteelBTexan -
7 104 Cleveland - Texan4Ever -
8 105 Buffalo - Bong -
9 106 New York Jets - dsr23 -
10 107 Tennessee - SenorStan -

76Texan
04-01-2013, 03:28 PM
It's all updated now. Thanks for using the comma format.

Round 4:

1 98 Jacksonville - Blake -
3 100 Oakland - srrono -
8 105 Buffalo - Bong -
We've got a great team!

Señor Stan
04-01-2013, 03:32 PM
This excercise is showing how deep this draft is! I haven't seen any real "reaches" and we are all the way through the 1st 3 rounds. Plenty of good ones still out there!

Wolf6151
04-01-2013, 03:34 PM
76Texan, I just PM'd you my pick at #99.

TexansSeminole
04-01-2013, 03:39 PM
I can't believe the running backs that are still available. I count 4 or 5 that could be significant contributors early on in their career.

76Texan
04-01-2013, 03:44 PM
76Texan, I just PM'd you my pick at #99.

Got it! Thanks. Seems like you're pretty sure nobody is going for it, LOL!

76Texan
04-01-2013, 03:46 PM
This excercise is showing how deep this draft is! I haven't seen any real "reaches" and we are all the way through the 1st 3 rounds. Plenty of good ones still out there!

I know!
Either that, or they are all sheetie, LOL!

76Texan
04-01-2013, 03:47 PM
I can't believe the running backs that are still available. I count 4 or 5 that could be significant contributors early on in their career.

It could be influenced by the fact that the Texans don't need a RB early.

76Texan
04-01-2013, 03:50 PM
I have emailed Texan4Ever to keep him in the loop as I see that all the GMs ahead of him are here.

Also, I've emailed b0ng.

Wolf6151
04-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Got it! Thanks. Seems like you're pretty sure nobody is going for it, LOL!

PM'd you an updated list, just waiting for Blake.

76Texan
04-01-2013, 03:57 PM
PM'd you an updated list, just waiting for Blake.

It works out well; I'm glad I can be of use!

Señor Stan
04-01-2013, 04:23 PM
Probably be out the rest of the day...sent a top 5 list to 76 for the Titans...

76Texan
04-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Probably be out the rest of the day...sent a top 5 list to 76 for the Titans...

I'm holding the fort, LOL!

Rey
04-01-2013, 04:47 PM
Just realized I get to pick Mr. Irrelevant...

I think I'm more excited about that pick than all the rest I have left...

WolverineFan
04-01-2013, 05:25 PM
Almost took him with Miami, but he was so much like Dustin Keller. I still would have taken him with my next Miami pick. Reminds me of Aaron Hernandez a little bit with his versatility. He is not as fast but can be moved around alot. Reed has some deceptive strength in his run after catch. I think he could be a valuable mismatch. Good pick.

Thanks. Had to PM my pick so didn't get to leave a write-up. This is what I had....

The 49ers utilize their TE's heavily and need to find a replacement for the departed Delanie Walker. Walker was a very good blocker and had great straight-line speed, but he was not that good a receiver.

Reed is not as good a blocker and doesn't have that straight-line speed, but he is a much better pass catcher and he's great with the ball in his hands. He presents more of a matchup problem with defenses because of his ability to block, catch, and line up anywhere. The 49ers will use him as a slot TE and as an H-Back to create versatile looks for the defense. He will add yet another dimension to the evolving SF offense.

steelbtexan
04-01-2013, 05:25 PM
Steelb can you update all the lists.
I've already emailed Blake.

The list has been updated

Rock N Randy
04-01-2013, 05:42 PM
Titans can only dream this outcome on draft day

But whoever is doing the titans on this member mock is doing a damn fine job (Kube voice). Bud Adams needs to kick the bucket already and let (whoever is doing this mock) be senior advisor over player personnel.

76Texan
04-01-2013, 05:51 PM

But whoever is doing the titans on this member mock is doing a damn fine job (Kube voice). Bud Adams needs to kick the bucket already and let (whoever is doing this mock) be senior advisor over player personnel.

Booooooo!

Whatever the Titans do in any capacity, LoL!

Señor Stan
04-01-2013, 05:59 PM

The good news is...

Since I am doing the mock there is zero chance that it goes down this way.

Dutchrudder
04-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Dunno if you guy want to amend the current draft order, but it appears the Browns picked up a 5th and 7th from the 49ers for Colt McCoy and their 6th.

WolverineFan
04-01-2013, 06:33 PM
Dunno if you guy want to amend the current draft order, but it appears the Browns picked up a 5th and 7th from the 49ers for Colt McCoy and their 6th.

Seahawks traded Flynn to Oakland for picks as well and looks like Oakland is going to trade Palmer to Arizona for picks.

Dutchrudder
04-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Seahawks traded Flynn to Oakland for picks as well and looks like Oakland is going to trade Palmer to Arizona for picks.

Yeah but we don't know the details of those trades yet. I know this trade will not affect any of the current picks that have been done, so we could swap it in there and let the Browns and 49ers update their needs.

WolverineFan
04-01-2013, 06:43 PM
Yeah but we don't know the details of those trades yet. I know this trade will not affect any of the current picks that have been done, so we could swap it in there and let the Browns and 49ers update their needs.

Flynn deal doesn't involve '13 picks. A '14 5th rounder and a '15 late-round pick.

Palmer deal looks like a mid-to-late round '13 pick. Probably a 5th.

TexansSeminole
04-01-2013, 06:43 PM
We've already made selections with those picks, I would assume, so we may as well keep it the way it is. If they are for picks that haven't been made yet, I don't see why not.

76Texan
04-01-2013, 07:20 PM
I'll go wherever the wind blows; however, it may take too long to have a concensus.

76Texan
04-01-2013, 07:23 PM
So where are we now?
Blake and his pick to close shop?

Dutchrudder
04-01-2013, 07:51 PM
We've already made selections with those picks, I would assume, so we may as well keep it the way it is. If they are for picks that haven't been made yet, I don't see why not.

That's my point, we are in the 4th round, the picks traded are 5th and later. Won't hurt a thing to change it. Not like the 49ers need a dozen picks anyways.

Wolf6151
04-01-2013, 08:02 PM
So where are we now?
Blake and his pick to close shop?

I realize the draft closes at 7pm, but it's been over 4 hrs.. Anyone know what needs Jacksonville has or who they might be interested in?

steelbtexan
04-01-2013, 08:06 PM
That's my point, we are in the 4th round, the picks traded are 5th and later. Won't hurt a thing to change it. Not like the 49ers need a dozen picks anyways.

Once the trades are official the picks should be changed. IMHO

Will you change the picks for us Dutch?

76Texan
04-01-2013, 08:10 PM
I realize the draft closes at 7pm, but it's been over 4 hrs.. Anyone know what needs Jacksonville has or who they might be interested in?

Who cares what the Jags need; LOL!
No matter what we give them, they're gonna suck, j/k.

steelbtexan
04-01-2013, 08:11 PM
I've got a list from Blake for the 96th pick, it included

Maliciah Goodman DE/OLB Clemson
Nico Johnson ILB Alabama
Devin Taylor DE/OLB South Carolina
Alvin Bailey OG/OT Arkansas

76Texan
04-01-2013, 08:15 PM
Let the guys have a go at what they want to do as far as possibly put it up for a vote to change; we're off the clock anyway.

I suggest that if there's no indication of a major yea, we shall keep the agreed-upon format and keep it moving by the time the clock is on again.

76Texan
04-01-2013, 08:21 PM

Nico Johnson ILB Alabama

Good deal.

Now, those folks who like to adventure, please entertain us and try to convince us.

You will need a majority of the vote to make any change by sun-up, so good luck, LOL

76Texan
04-01-2013, 08:26 PM
To clarify it, I'm very open to changes.
The problem is how to get everybody together to go through the changes in a timely manner.

mussop
04-01-2013, 08:39 PM
To clarify it, I'm very open to changes.
The problem is how to get everybody together to go through the changes in a timely manner.

I say Give em five minutes to make a decision. :boogereater:

TexansSeminole
04-01-2013, 09:20 PM
I thought I saw Blake on earlier.

I've got to decide between two guys for the Eagles and am kind of hoping that someone takes one of them and makes the choice easier.

76Texan
04-01-2013, 10:13 PM
I say Give em five minutes to make a decision. :boogereater:

LOL; it's still a democratic process. You want it, make it happen if you can.

Corrosion
04-01-2013, 11:06 PM
With the 95th pick in the NFL Mock Draft (Corrosion) the HOUSTON TEXANS select Cornelius Washington, OLB, Georgia.

What , no complaints about this pick ?!?! :boogereater:

Dutchrudder
04-01-2013, 11:18 PM

Insider article, but Mel Kiper has him as the number 5 OLB in the draft:

OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS
Dion Jordan6-7 241
Barkevious Mingo*6-5 240
Jarvis Jones*6-3 241
Khaseem Greene6-1 230
Cornelius Washington6-4 268

Analysis: Jones finally drops. He has star potential -- at least if you base his projection purely on tape. But his workout didn't help. Jordan has shown the ability to move and tackle in space, and really jumped from his combine performance. Few players have seen a bigger boost from their combine numbers than Washington.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9100030/2013-nfl-draft-mel-kiper-top-5-prospects-every-position

Brandon420tx
04-01-2013, 11:18 PM
Give it time to sink in

76Texan
04-01-2013, 11:27 PM

Wait, what happened here? I'm a little lost.

Who's picking CW?

76Texan
04-01-2013, 11:33 PM

F it; I missed this one !

76Texan
04-01-2013, 11:34 PM
How the hell did I miss it?

Wolf6151
04-01-2013, 11:39 PM

I very much like this pick, Cornelius Washington-OLB didn't get featured in that Georgia defense but he's got great measurables and great speed. He might be a little raw, but all rookies are and he'll get time to learn.

76Texan
04-01-2013, 11:39 PM
I was thinking about him for a freaking long time.
I was thinking we can move him to SILB.
I was watching his tapes since last night (not that I haven't seen him before.)

This is pretty crazy, LOL!

NCTexan
04-01-2013, 11:49 PM

Man, I hate that guy. He's the softest player in college football. He should be playing women's handball where all they do is hug. I hope he's paying us to be on the team. He should count for negative cap space he's so bad.

Is that better? :kitten:

But in all seriousness, it's a good pick.

TexansSeminole
04-02-2013, 12:04 AM
Washington is solid. We need talent at the position, so I am happy with it. It's so hard to tell who will pan out of these middle rounds. Usually, you have guys that do something very well but have some other deficiency that is hard to predict.

Wolf6151
04-02-2013, 12:31 AM

Nico Johnson ILB Alabama

He already took Alex Okafor-OLB in the 2nd round. From a value standpoint Logan Ryan-CB is still available and considered a late 2nd or early 3rd prospect. I think Alvin Bailey-OG would be good value here as well. Also Oday Aboushi-OT is good value here regardless of what CBS has to say.

JMO.

htownfan32
04-02-2013, 12:48 AM
He already took Alex Okafor-OLB in the 2nd round. From a value standpoint Logan Ryan-CB is still available and considered a late 2nd or early 3rd prospect. I think Alvin Bailey-OG would be good value here as well. Also Oday Aboushi-OT is good value here regardless of what CBS has to say.

JMO.

If Logan Ryan is available, you take him. Rutgers guy, IIRC... he was in man to man quite a bit this season. Good player, steal in this round.

steelbtexan
04-02-2013, 12:54 AM

Lets talk about your draft.

Rd.1 Short = 10 yr NT problem solved
Rd.2 D.Rodgers = Top WR/ Top 10-15 player in this draft.
Rd. 3 Dobson = Big fast WR that has really good hands. Route running needs work. He's a much better version of Jacoby. Rodgers + Dobson = Weapons for Schaub/WR position answered for the next 10 yrs.

Rd.3 Washington is one of the most athletic OLB/DE's in this draft. Big/Powerful/Fast off the ball. He was used the way he was in college because he was the most versatile LB on a very talented Ga. LB corps. Washington has the ability to step in and start day 1 at the SAM. Reed could move to the middle and the LB Corps would only need to add a LB late in the draft for depth purposes Knott/Wort are 2 of my favorites.

I like Washington as much as Mercilus if not more. Washinton seems to be more well rounded. Your thoughts? Could a trade up in the real draft happen to ensure both Dobson & Washington?

This would fill 4 of the 5 holes that badly need filling and the S/CB positions are deep so you can add a 3rd CB/S later in the draft. So yeah, I like how you've drafted a little bit.

Check out my Cards/Redskins drafts and tell me what you think. Cards is better, but the Skins have added badly needed depth to the secondary. There are 4 players I've got very highly rated and I bet you get 3 out of the4 in this mock. The Redskins will be drafting 1-2 of those guys. LOL

mussop
04-02-2013, 01:45 AM

Not really a complaint but I would of taken Kiko. His coverage and blitzing abilities fit this defense perfectly. I like Washington but there seems to be several guys with his attributes that should still be available in the next couple of rounds. Micheal Buchanan for one. If not for a broken jaw this year he could of possibly been a first or second day pick.

Still would not be unhappy at all with this haul.

P.S. I also would have considered one of the top QB's at this spot.

Rock N Randy
04-02-2013, 02:36 AM
I thought the Texans would take Ryan
I'm surprised too see they didn't
If this were the true outcome in late April
I would be devastated
Sobbing in the fetal position:crying:

mussop
04-02-2013, 05:06 AM
I thought the Texans would take Ryan
I'm surprised too see they didn't
If this were the true outcome in late April
I would be devastated
Sobbing in the fetal position:crying:

Ryan?

Brandon420tx
04-02-2013, 07:14 AM
I'm thinking Meg Ryan

steelbtexan
04-02-2013, 08:14 AM
Ryan?

I'm guessing Logan Ryan.

mussop
04-02-2013, 08:27 AM
I'm guessing Logan Ryan.

Ryan Nassib maybe?

Señor Stan
04-02-2013, 08:28 AM
Are we making a consensus pick for the Jags? I made the last pick at about 3PM yesterday...

htownfan32
04-02-2013, 08:31 AM
I vote Logan Ryan for the Jags.

steelbtexan
04-02-2013, 08:39 AM
Seems like a good pick to me. Lets wait until 8:00 or 8:30.

He had Alvin Bailey on his list, who also would be a good pick.

Blake
04-02-2013, 09:16 AM
Jags take D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston

Okafor, Mathieu, and Hayden will give this defense a nice shot in the arm.

Rey
04-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Jags take D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston

Okafor, Mathieu, and Hayden will give this defense a nice shot in the arm.

1 98 Jacksonville - Blake - DJ HAYDEN

3 100 Oakland - srrono -
8 105 Buffalo - Bong -
11 108 Carolina - HonoringEarl -
12 109 New Orleans - htownfan32 -
13 110 San Diego - WolverineFan -

76Texan
04-02-2013, 10:24 AM
With the 99th pick, the Chiefs select Malliciah Goodman, DE, Clemson.

srrono
04-02-2013, 10:28 AM
With the 100th pick of the 2013 NFL Draft the Oakland Raiders select Christine Michael RB Texas A&M.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4545/tamrb.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/4/tamrb.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

76Texan
04-02-2013, 10:33 AM
With the 100th pick of the 2013 NFL Draft the Oakland Raiders select Christine Michael RB Texas A&M.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4545/tamrb.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/4/tamrb.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

I like him for the Texans.

76Texan
04-02-2013, 10:35 AM
With he 101st pick, the Eagles select William Gholston, DE, Mich. St.

srrono
04-02-2013, 10:39 AM
I like him for the Texans.

my thoughts as well. Maybe he slips to 6th round get him at great value. With off feild concerns and other red flags maybe another aka Foster project.

76Texan
04-02-2013, 10:46 AM
I want the Texans to take them in the third so people can boo Kubiak and his Aggies pick, LOL!

Just kidding.

You think he'll fall that far? All the way to the sixth?
Who knows, right!?!

Dutchrudder
04-02-2013, 10:48 AM
I want the Texans to take them in the third so people can boo Kubiak and his Aggies pick, LOL!

Just kidding.

You think he'll fall that far? All the way to the sixth?
Who knows, right!?!

I have noticed some of that sentiment over the years with Kubiak here, but iirc, the only Aggie he drafted during his tenure was Randy Bullock last year.

Rock N Randy
04-02-2013, 11:14 AM

I said I would cry in the fetal position if this is the outcome of are draft class

76Texan
04-02-2013, 11:23 AM
I said I would cry in the fetal position if this is the outcome of are draft class

I heard you the first time, LOL.

The reason I like him is because I think he can play the MIKE.
He has enough strength and quickness here.
Even though I haven't seen him run with a TE; I like his potential here better than on the LOS.

NCTexan
04-02-2013, 11:37 AM
With the 102nd pick of the draft the Vikings select

Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers

He needs some work, but the Vikings secondary is really weak and he has the potential to really bolster their pass defense. Along with Minter, Williams, and Swearinger, the Vikings defense is looking at a huge infusion of young talent that should help them for years to come.

76Texan
04-02-2013, 11:40 AM
With the 103rd pick, the Cardinals select Brian Schwenke, C, California .

76Texan
04-02-2013, 11:46 AM
With the 104th pick, the Browns select Brandon Jenkins, OLB, Florida St.

76Texan
04-02-2013, 11:48 AM
Well, b0ng and the Bills haven't been here the last two days.
Should we start suggesting players for selection?

Dutchrudder
04-02-2013, 11:54 AM

I suggest they trade this pick to the Titans for Ryan Fitzpatrick.

76Texan
04-02-2013, 12:02 PM

It's fine by me.
What do you guys think?

htownfan32
04-02-2013, 12:36 PM
76, I'm going to be away from internet starting in an hour for pretty much most of the day. Can I send you my picks for New Orleans and NYG?

76Texan
04-02-2013, 12:40 PM
76, I'm going to be away from internet starting in an hour for pretty much most of the day. Can I send you my picks for New Orleans and NYG?

Sure thing!

Rey
04-02-2013, 12:44 PM
8 105 Buffalo - Bong -

14 111 Miami - TexansSeminole -
15 112 Tampa Bay - Ndevine7 -
16 113 St. Louis - RT22 -
17 114 Dallas - RockNRandy -
18 115 Pittsburgh - HonoringEarl -
19 116 New York Giants - htownfan32 -
20 117 Chicago - Dutchrudder -

Texan4Ever
04-02-2013, 12:45 PM
With the 104th pick, the Browns select Brandon Jenkins, OLB, Florida St.

I'm surprised this guy was even available. Some good players still on the board (at least on the defensive side of the ball). Jenkins is insurance in case Sheard doesn't pan out as an OLB.

76Texan
04-02-2013, 12:47 PM
I'm surprised this guy was even available. Some good players still on the board (at least on the defensive side of the ball). Jenkins is insurance in case Sheard doesn't pan out as an OLB.

I know; there are plenty of values out there.

76Texan
04-02-2013, 12:53 PM
I got this from the Bills' MB:

1. Matt Barkley - QB - USC
2. Khaseem Greene - OLB - Rutgers
3. Da'Rick Rogers - WR - Tennessee Tech
4. Kiko Alonso - ILB - Oregon
5. Lerentee McCray - OLB - Florida
6. Kwame Geathers - DT - Georgia

So far, b0ng got them Barkley, Hunter, and Greene.

That's as close to a perfect fit as you can get.

Honoring Earl 34
04-02-2013, 12:56 PM
I got this from the Bills' MB:

So far, b0ng got them Barkley, Hunter, and Greene.

That's as close to a perfect fit as you can get.

I'd go with LL Bean . :chili:

Señor Stan
04-02-2013, 01:16 PM

Or...to the University of Texas for Vince Young.

76Texan
04-02-2013, 01:25 PM
Or...to the University of Texas for Vince Young.

I heard that VY draw oohs and ahhs and the recent Longhorns Pro Day.
Some said it was from scouts; others denied it and declared it was fans and family members for sure! :wadepalm:

Wolf6151
04-02-2013, 01:33 PM
I don't understand the QB's that are left on the board. I've seen a couple of these guys listed in the 1st round. There's some great value still out there.

TexansSeminole
04-02-2013, 01:47 PM
I don't understand the QB's that are left on the board. I've seen a couple of these guys listed in the 1st round. There's some great value still out there.

The quarterbacks in this draft are just not good.

Wolf6151
04-02-2013, 01:52 PM
The quarterbacks in this draft are just not good.

I agree this is a down year for QB's but they're still QB's and they get overvalued regardless. I've seen Nassib and Glennon both listed in the 1st rounds of several professional mocks, not that the professionals are any better than we are. I think both of these guys will go in at least the 2nd round.

TexansSeminole
04-02-2013, 01:55 PM
I agree this is a down year for QB's but they're still QB's and they get overvalued regardless. I've seen Nassib and Glennon both listed in the 1st rounds of several professional mocks, not that the professionals are any better than we are. I think both of these guys will go in at least the 2nd round.

I've seen ALOT of Glennon. If I were looking for a quarterback, I wouldn't take him before round 4. He's extremely inconsistent.

76Texan
04-02-2013, 02:01 PM
I've seen ALOT of Glennon. If I were looking for a quarterback, I wouldn't take him before round 4. He's extremely inconsistent.

I actually think Glennon is more consistent than Bray, Wilson, etc.
He's at least a solid back-up QB who played in a pro/WC system.
His ceiling might be higher than Schaub.
His forty time, 20SS, and 3-cone time are all better than Schaub.
Bigger arm, a hair more mobile (which doesn't say much), better footwork and delivery as a prospect.
He's already made all the throws at the collegiate level.

Just need to keep working to improve his game and his reads.

Rey
04-02-2013, 02:30 PM
8 105 Buffalo - Bong -

14 111 Miami - TexansSeminole -
15 112 Tampa Bay - Ndevine7 -
16 113 St. Louis - RT22 -
17 114 Dallas - RockNRandy -
18 115 Pittsburgh - HonoringEarl -
19 116 New York Giants - htownfan32 -
20 117 Chicago - Dutchrudder -

Wolf6151
04-02-2013, 03:40 PM

Anyone know what the Bills needs are? There's a couple QB's that are a good value down here and they might double up for insurance and value purposes like the Redskins did last year. Maybe some O-line help, Oday Aboushi, Alvin Bailey, Ricky Wagner etc... Secondary help? Suggestions?

76Texan
04-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Anyone know what the Bills needs are? There's a couple QB's that are a good value down here and they might double up for insurance and value purposes like the Redskins did last year. Maybe some O-line help, Oday Aboushi, Alvin Bailey, Ricky Wagner etc... Secondary help? Suggestions?

According to that post from their MB, they can use a LB like Kevin Reddick, but I guess QB is also a good choice.

Who do you have in mind?

Señor Stan
04-02-2013, 03:48 PM

Nassib from Syracuse is a target for the Bills...

Dutchrudder
04-02-2013, 03:52 PM
Bills draft so far:

8 8 Buffalo - Bong - Matt Barkley QB USC
10 41 Buffalo - Bong - Justin Hunter WR Tennessee
9 71 Buffalo - Bong - Khaseem Greene OLB Rutgers
8 105 Buffalo - Bong -
10 143 Buffalo - Bong -
9 177 Buffalo - Bong -

76Texan
04-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Nassib from Syracuse is a target for the Bills...

Dang; I just read on their MB that they do like Nassib a lot.
Some even think that he won't last to their spot in the second round!

76Texan
04-02-2013, 03:57 PM
I vote Reddick, but I can change it to O-line.

steelbtexan
04-02-2013, 04:02 PM
It's time to start talking about who Buffalo should be picking. Bong must have had an extended case of the munchies.

Nassib is my pick.

Competition for Barkley shouldn't be a bad thing. Nassib already knows the offense, kind like Tannehill did for the Dolphins last yr.

steelbtexan
04-02-2013, 04:21 PM
It's time to start talking about who Buffalo should be picking. Bong must have had an extended case of the munchies.

Nassib is my pick.

Competition for Barkley shouldn't be a bad thing. Nassib already knows the offense, kind like Tannehill did for the Dolphins last yr.

The Cards have had a field day fixing their OL in this draft. Palmer should get the protection he needs behind this OL. The Cards would like to do a trade to recoup their 7th rd pick. They are short on depth at other positions. They also got my #1 rated QB, Bray, he can improve his footwork and learn about the game sitting behind Palmer for a couple of yrs.

Rd.1 Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
Rd.2 Larry Warford, OG Kentucky
Rd.3 Tyler Bray, QB Tennessee
Rd.4 Brian Schwenke, C California

The Cards add 3 ten yr starters to their OL. An OL of

Johnson/Warford/Schwenke/Massie/Brown with Potter as the swing tackle makes Palmer/Fitz/Mendenhall look great. No more of the crap that was the OL last yr.