PDA

View Full Version : 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

Señor Stan
03-26-2013, 08:58 PM
Don't screw this one up Corrosion!!! We are counting on you.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 09:00 PM
Steelb, can you email RNR to get him ready; he needs to make up for it or he gets to buy some beer. (I'll take a case or two, LOL)

Will do

It's time for him to provide some crawfish to go with the beer.

mussop
03-26-2013, 09:00 PM
The choice is a little plain considering such a long list, LOL.

I like Hopkins, but I feel like he's a bit of a reach in the first.
But you've got to do what you've got to do once you draw up your board, right?

If I were in this situation as a packer GM I would trade down 10 times out of 10.

Actually It was a hard choice. None of he OL seemed worthy of this high a pick. The LB's didn't bring enough pass rushing ability other than Ogletree. I really considered him but couldn't do it because of his off field fiasco this offseason. The DL guys were really hard to pass up. It just come down who could help the most. Rodgers is top 3 QB. You have to surround him with weapons if you want to be successful.

Who would you have taken?

Corrosion
03-26-2013, 09:03 PM
Te'o Te'o Te'o!!!!

Houston has the best looking imaginary girlfriends in the country. FACT.

Make it happen Corrosion!!!

No way!!!

I really dont like how this shook out for the Texans .... Im struggling with the pick as I just dont see any value with any of the positions of need. Getting the 5th best guy at a multitude of positions - DT , WR , OLB/DE or OT just isnt appealing. Rock N Randy's surprise pick of TE looks plausible here with Eifert being the best TE in the draft .... but I just cant seem to pull the trigger.
Under this scenario I think a trade down would be optimal ...

76Texan
03-26-2013, 09:03 PM
If I were in this situation as a packer GM I would trade down 10 times out of 10.

Actually It was a hard choice. None of he OL seemed worthy of this high a pick. The LB's didn't bring enough pass rushing ability other than Ogletree. I really considered him but couldn't do it because of his off field fiasco this offseason. The DL guys were really hard to pass up. It just come down who could help the most. Rodgers is top 3 QB. You have to surround him with weapons if you want to be successful

I totally get you; in fact I just went through that list again, and I can see the choice.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 09:05 PM
No way!!!

I really dont like how this shook out for the Texans .... Im struggling with the pick as I just dont see any value with any of the positions of need. Getting the 5th best guy at a multitude of positions - DT , WR , OLB/DE or OT just isnt appealing. Rock N Randy's surprise pick of TE looks plausible here with Eifert being the best TE in the draft .... but I just cant seem to pull the trigger.

And we need to be prepared for this situation on draft day.
I can already hear the boos, hahahaha!

coon
03-26-2013, 09:10 PM
If the draft shakes out this way, I know who I would prefer. Wonder if we feel the same?

mussop
03-26-2013, 09:12 PM
And we need to be prepared for this situation on draft day.
I can already hear the boos, hahahaha!

I keep seeing it end up his way. We are kind of in a grey area of the draft. I wish we were 5 picks earlier or that we could trade down and get at least one more pick in the top 75.

Señor Stan
03-26-2013, 09:13 PM
TE'O!

mussop
03-26-2013, 09:15 PM
If the draft shakes out this way, I know who I would prefer. Wonder if we feel the same?

Yeh it comes down to two guys for me. Would much rather trade down.

76Texan
I keep seeing it end up his way. We are kind of in a grey area of the draft. I wish we were 5 picks earlier or that we could trade down and get at least one more pick in the top 75.

I know; that's why I thought we'd be better off trading out of the first round to get more value. Heck, I even said that I wouldn't mind trading for a future first (just find a crummy team) and another pick.

mussop
TE'O!

God bless you.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 09:16 PM
TE'O!

Shut up LOL

Corrosion
03-26-2013, 09:17 PM

I agree completely .... this is a mess of a situation for the Texans to find themselves in.

Im going to go with Kawann Short DT Purdue. Fills a big hole in the middle with Cody being gone. The other serious consideration was K St. OLB Arthur Brown.

Honoring Earl 34
03-26-2013, 09:18 PM
I agree completely .... this is a mess of a situation for the Texans to find themselves in.

Im going to go with Kawann Short DT Purdue. Fills a big hole in the middle with Cody being gone. The other serious consideration was K St. OLB Arthur Brown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZwzsCr8rgU

76Texan
03-26-2013, 09:18 PM

Yeh it comes down to two guys for me. Would much rather trade down.

I think I'll do what Bob wants hahaha

mussop
03-26-2013, 09:19 PM
I know; that's why I thought we'd be better off trading out of the first round to get more value. Heck, I even said that I wouldn't mind trading for a future first (just find a crummy team) and another pick.

I just can't see any player that another team would give up much for. The talent level at this point is even for many picks ahead.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 09:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZwzsCr8rgU

You've got it ready, haven't you !:kubepalm:

76Texan
03-26-2013, 09:20 PM
I just can't see any player that another team would give up much for. The talent level at this point is even for many picks ahead.

Future picks!

Señor Stan
03-26-2013, 09:21 PM
The Broncos wanted help in the secondary and hoped that Rhodes, Trufant or Vaccaro would fall...hopefully they can get DB help later....

with the 28th pick the Broncos select....

Manti Te'no way in hell I'm picking this rube...

Broncos select...

Damontre Moore DE Texas aTm

http://gamedayr.com/wp-content/slideshow/2012/10/heisman-trophy-watch-list-from-a-fan-s-perspective-week-10/full/damontre-moore-heisman-trophy-2012-570x356.jpg

Had a poor combine, but a good enough pro day. Put up the stats in the SEC which, to me, matters a whole lot more. 12.5 sacks... led his team with 85 tackles. 21 tackles for a loss, two passes broken up, a blocked kick and a forced fumble. Top 10 talent IMO

Fills a need too after the Dumerville fiasco!

Corrosion
03-26-2013, 09:22 PM
Good pick Stan ....

Señor Stan
03-26-2013, 09:22 PM

BOOOOO!!!! Fire Corrosion!!!!

man, it feels like draft day for reals!

76Texan
03-26-2013, 09:23 PM
Why is it that other teams' picks always make more sense than the Texans?

I need a lot of drinks to get over that Short pick!:pinned:

Honoring Earl 34
03-26-2013, 09:23 PM
You've got it ready, haven't you !:kubepalm:

Whoever picks for the Texans can't win . :roast:

76Texan
03-26-2013, 09:24 PM

It does, doesn't it? lol
I'm lAughing so hard.

coon
03-26-2013, 09:25 PM
Moore is the guy I wanted for the Pats. With that said I'm going to take the guy I feel is the beast safety in the draft. With the 28th pick the Patriots select Jonathan Cyprien S Florida International. May be a little early but I'm not in need of a TE and don't have anyone else graded as highly.

Señor Stan
03-26-2013, 09:25 PM
Whoever picks for the Texans can't win . :roast:

Fire Earl!!!...he's a Corrosion sunshine pumper!

76Texan
03-26-2013, 09:26 PM
Who did the Texans get last year in the mock draft? And who made the pick?

Honoring Earl 34
03-26-2013, 09:27 PM
Fire Earl!!!...he's a Corrosion sunshine pumper!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpYEJx7PkWE

I would have picked Justin Hunter .

Corrosion
03-26-2013, 09:27 PM

I really felt like I was in no mans land with the guy's that were left .... It was a wide open field of second tier prospects.

I didnt feel like any of the WR's left (almost went with Justin Hunter) had seperated themselves from the others remaining. Brown at OLB lacks the size and isnt much of a playmaker - just a "solid player at the position".

Games are won and lost in the trenches ....

76Texan
03-26-2013, 09:28 PM
Moore is the guy I wanted for the Pats. With that said I'm going to take the guy I feel is the beast safety in the draft. With the 28th pick the Patriots select Jonathan Cyprien S Florida International. May be a little early but I'm not in need of a TE and don't have anyone else graded as highly.

Wait a minute, the Pats have Tavon Wilson and Devin McCourty already.

I do like Cyprien though, again, in the second round for more value.

mussop

I really think this is the best choice other than trading down. Since the talent level is all pretty equal at this point you have to consider that WR position still has plenty of comparable talent to take later in the draft. LB should have solid but not spectacular choices still a available as late as the 4th round. We always find OL guys later in the draft that are adequate. DL after Short and Hankins is a big drop in talent.

Honoring Earl 34
Who did the Texans get last year in the mock draft? And who made the pick?

I think Hou Tex picked for them .

Houston Texans - bah007 - Rueben Randle, WR, Louisiana State

Corrosion
03-26-2013, 09:30 PM

It was a tough decision .... but if you look at the WR's from here to the 3rd round , none of them seperated themselves I think value can be had at the position later with a more polished player.

Corrosion
03-26-2013, 09:31 PM
I really think this is the best choice other than trading down. Since the talent level is all pretty equal at this point you have to consider that WR position still has plenty of comparable talent to take later in the draft. LB should have solid but not spectacular choices still a available as late as the 4th round. We always find OL guys later in the draft that are adequate. DL after Short and Hankins is a big drop in talent.

Exactly my thinking on the whole mess .... It boiled down to Short being the best DT available at a thin position while WR and LB are rather deep positions.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 09:32 PM

Agree, but I think I'll still go with Bob and Earl.

At least Hunter has #1 potential.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 09:32 PM
I think Hou Tex picked for them .

Houston Texans - bah007 - Rueben Randle, WR, Louisiana State

Big Boo LOL

Rock N Randy
03-26-2013, 09:33 PM
Wow some interesting thoughts
What beer am I buying
Budlight? XX? Siner? Blue moon?

I think green bay will take Datone Jones, DE, UCLA
I think he would fit well on the end for GB

I can't believe we took Short! I'd rather Eifert. If the board turns out like that we are fudged.
I would have even rather reached on Elam or Hunter than Short
I feel NT is so deep with J. Williams, Jenkins, B. Williams just to name a few.

I have a hard time not seeing the texans add a offensive weapon
I think McNair as well as Kube/Smith know that they have neglected the offense in the draft and FA over the years. I think they will stay true to there open media comments and go for speed and skill on the offensive side.

No legit WR left at 27, hunter is a reach. Just take Eifert and get Williams, Or Best available WR left if there is a good one left. I truly feel Eifert can be one of the best TE in the NFL in Houston
He is as dynamic as they come.
A former WR, he is a dangerous TE. They guy to literally stretch the middle and be a big threat n the Redzone with we struggle to do if passing.
Open up huge holes for Arian Foster weather taking LBers with him in pass coverage or blocking the edge for Arian to run around.

I think Eifert along a legit WR2 could take the offense too new heights even with Schaub's limitations

Señor Stan
03-26-2013, 09:36 PM
I would have traded up/down. Forget the fact that trades are not allowed. A REAL GM would have found a way.

Man, I am in draft day form. I hope I don't peak too early.

mussop

There is something about Hunter that just don't seem right. He looks clumsy at times. It looks like his legs get tangled up. His legs look too long. I can see him having knee issues in the future. He reminds me of a WR that used to play for the Vikings opposite of Carter. Can't remember his name.

Hunter just isn't that much better than a lot of the WR's left.

Honoring Earl 34
Exactly my thinking on the whole mess .... It boiled down to Short being the best DT available at a thin position while WR and LB are rather deep positions.

http://d.yimg.com/i//ng/sp/eurosport/20100126/25/6ff8892f2c8e4eec39fedb561a7df59c.jpg

TexansSeminole
03-26-2013, 09:37 PM
I haven't seen any of Short, so I have no opinion of him. If he can play NT effectively, I think it is a good pick.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 09:39 PM
http://d.yimg.com/i//ng/sp/eurosport/20100126/25/6ff8892f2c8e4eec39fedb561a7df59c.jpg

Earl, you've got everything!!! :kubepalm:

steelbtexan
03-26-2013, 09:39 PM
No way!!!

Da'Rick Rodgers or Hunter, Maybe Short

Are you backing off Rodgers?

coon
03-26-2013, 09:40 PM
Wait a minute, the Pats have Tavon Wilson and Devin McCourty already.

I do like Cyprien though, again, in the second round for more value.

I was looking at Jones from UCLA. Hankins, and Jesse Williams. I just think Cyprien is the better player. It seemed like the Belichick thing to do. Just take the guy you like and worry about how they fit on the field later.

mussop
03-26-2013, 09:41 PM

That's funny **** right there.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 09:42 PM
I haven't seen any of Short, so I have no opinion of him. If he can play NT effectively, I think it is a good pick.

I need to watch some more of him; what I saw didn't leave much impression on me either way.

@RNR ; Blue Moon is pretty good, but I'll take Shriner.

Corrosion
03-26-2013, 09:45 PM
There is something about Hunter that just don't seem right. He looks clumsy at times. It looks like his legs get tangled up. His legs look too long. I can see him having knee issues in the future. He reminds me of a WR that used to play for the Vikings opposite of Carter. Can't remember his name.

Hunter just isn't that much better than a lot of the WR's left.

That was one of the issues for me with Hunter - along with being so damn skinny and he doesnt really have the frame to add much to it. Yeah , he has the length and measurables .... but I dont think he will be what we are looking for opposite AJ.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 09:46 PM
I was looking at Jones from UCLA. Hankins, and Jesse Williams. I just think Cyprien is the better player. It seemed like the Belichick thing to do. Just take the guy you like and worry about how they fit on the field later.

True. McCourty was moved back with Chung being injured and never got back to form.

And teams play plenty of nickel and any of those three safeties can come down to cover the slot or the TE or even blitz.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 09:47 PM
That was one of the issues for me with Hunter - along with being so damn skinny and he doesnt really have the frame to add much to it. Yeah , he has the length and measurables .... but I dont think he will be what we are looking for opposite AJ.

One word: roid! LOL

76Texan
03-26-2013, 09:53 PM
I've emailed b0ng and wolverine a while ago.
Hope they show up.

mussop
03-26-2013, 09:54 PM

Seems like a perfect replacement for Cody. YOUTUBE! (http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMstC1fJy4g)

mussop
03-26-2013, 09:56 PM
One word: roid! LOL

Maybe Cushing can hook him up. :kitten:

Corrosion
03-26-2013, 09:58 PM
Seems like a perfect replacement for Cody. YOUTUBE! (http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMstC1fJy4g)

Your link doesnt work ....

76Texan
03-26-2013, 10:00 PM

I know; he tricked us !:bat::mariopalm:

mussop
03-26-2013, 10:02 PM

Sorry I don't know why it isn't working. Go to youtube and search Clowning with Kawann @ Media Day.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 10:04 PM
b0ng; how's dinner?

I guess you need some time to go over everything.

Blake had updated a few, but not all.

Steelb can you do the updating in the selection thread please!

coon
03-26-2013, 10:04 PM
Just my two cents, if the board falls like this the Texans should take Cyprie or Eifert. They will be better players IMO.

Honoring Earl 34
03-26-2013, 10:05 PM

You should have picked Hugh Janus . :spit:

steelbtexan
03-26-2013, 10:07 PM

What, tall fast and runs good routes? You're right the Texans have never had a WR opposite AJ like that.

BTW, I really like the Short pick. No more running up the middle 68% of the time. Short helps keep Cushing and ILB draft pick clean. This is actually more of an impact pick for the Texans than picking Hunter or another WR.

b0ng
03-26-2013, 10:10 PM
Was not aware I was ATL also give me a sec ill get a pick in.

b0ng
03-26-2013, 10:15 PM
Atlanta takes Margus Hunt, DE SMU

mussop
03-26-2013, 10:16 PM
What, tall fast and runs good routes? You're right the Texans have never had a WR opposite AJ like that.

BTW, I really like the Short pick. No more running up the middle 68% of the time. Short helps keep Cushing and ILB draft pick clean. This is actually more of an impact pick for the Texans than picking Hunter or another WR.

Are you mocking me? :bat:

mussop
03-26-2013, 10:17 PM

Interesting.

Corrosion
03-26-2013, 10:23 PM

Really good pick B0ng.

Interesting.

I think someone will take him early based upon measurables. I actually considered instead of Short .... but without the ability to trade back , I wouldnt make the pick.

Lots of upside here. He ran a 4.62 40 and benched 38 .... Both better than Mario Williams poosted in 2006. 4.66 and 35 reps.

Brandon420tx
03-26-2013, 10:25 PM
I liked the year we did group picks for the Texans

WolverineFan
03-26-2013, 10:28 PM
The San Francisco 49ers select...

Matt Elam - S, Florida

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/collegefootball/13:01:04-Matt_Elam.jpg

The 49ers have one of the stoutest defenses in the league, however, they have developed somewhat of a weakness at the Safety position in the past year. SS Donte Whitner gave up the most TD's in the league this year from the Safety position and All-Pro FS Dashon Goldson left for Tampa Bay in Free Agency.

Elam is an extremely physical and well-rounded Safety prospect. He can play in the box and make big hits at the line of scrimmage or he can drop back in deep coverage and make plays. He's very rangy, instinctive, and has great ball skills. IMO, he is the best ball-hawk Safety in this draft by far. I have him pegged as the best Safety in this draft and have no problem pulling the trigger on him.

mussop
03-26-2013, 10:32 PM
Really good pick B0ng.

I think someone will take him early based upon measurables. I actually considered instead of Short .... but without the ability to trade back , I wouldnt make the pick.

Lots of upside here. He ran a 4.62 40 and benched 38 .... Both better than Mario Williams poosted in 2006. 4.66 and 35 reps.

I know all about him. I would love to see him opposite Watt. Just wonder how long it will take him to "get it" in the NFL. Could turn out to be great or nothing special. I lean towards great with him but that uncertainty is what puts Short ahead of him.

mussop
03-26-2013, 10:33 PM

Matt Elam - S, Florida

The 49ers have one of the stoutest defenses in the league, however, they have developed somewhat of a weakness at the Safety position in the past year. SS Donte Whitner gave up the most TD's in the league this year from the Safety position and All-Pro FS Dashon Goldson left for Tampa Bay in Free Agency.

Elam is an extremely physical and well-rounded Safety prospect. He can play in the box and make big hits at the line of scrimmage or he can drop back in deep coverage and make plays. He's very rangy, instinctive, and has great ball skills. IMO, he is the best ball-hawk Safety in this draft by far. I have him pegged as the best Safety in this draft and have no problem pulling the trigger on him.

Good fit!

Corrosion
03-26-2013, 10:33 PM
I know all about him. I would love to see him opposite Watt. Just wonder how long it will take him to "get it" in the NFL. Could turn out to be great or nothing special. I lean towards great with him but that uncertainty is what puts Short ahead of him.

I wonder if you've been sneaking a peek at my draft board .... :corrosion:

WolverineFan
03-26-2013, 10:36 PM
Good fit!

My favorite player in this draft. Really hope the Texans take him.

I was targeting Jonathan Cyprien because that's what all the sites have SF taking here, but with NE taking him off the board that gave me the opportunity to take my guy. Elam is a flat-out stud. Was easily the best player on the Florida defense this year, including Shariff Floyd.

steelbtexan
03-26-2013, 10:52 PM
I emailed Rock-N-Randy and asked him to send me his list of players. Have not heard from him yet.

I just wanted to say thanks for everybody making their picks after hrs. It really helps the mock move along. Great job of picking players guys. This is one of the most realistic mocks I've seen this offseason.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 10:53 PM
Is Rock and Randy closing shop again tonite? :swatter:

76Texan
03-26-2013, 10:54 PM
I emailed Rock-N-Randy and asked him to send me his list of players. Have not heard from him yet.

I just wanted to say thanks for everybody making their picks after hrs. It really helps the mock move along.

Man, I PMed and asked him to leave a list but I guess he never got a chance to read it.

WolverineFan
03-26-2013, 10:56 PM
I have to work tomorrow morning and will not be able to post on the board. I can easily take care of my SF (#34) pick with a PM in the morning since it's coming up but do you guys think we will get to my SD (#45) pick before 4pm?

steelbtexan
03-26-2013, 10:56 PM

Matt Elam - S, Florida

Good pick,

Elam is my #1 rated S, I like Elam better than Vaccaro.

Corrosion
03-26-2013, 10:57 PM

I just wanted to say thanks for everybody making their picks after hrs. It really helps the mock move along. Great job of picking players guys. This is one of the most realistic mocks I've seen this offseason.

yeah there have been some really good picks made , especially in the last few selections.

I kinda feel like Im stuck between a rock and a hard place picking for the Texans , I cant make everyone happy but Im going to pick who I think helps the team the most in the coming season as its now or never for a Superbowl with this team .... Im not looking too far down the road with these selections. Maybe that gives some perspective to the past pick and those to come.

steelbtexan
03-26-2013, 11:01 PM
I have to work tomorrow morning and will not be able to post on the board. I can easily take care of my SF (#34) pick with a PM in the morning since it's coming up but do you guys think we will get to my SD (#45) pick before 4pm?

PM me who you like at #34

Just to be safe PM 4 or 5 players that you think may be available at 54. If one of them is available I will make the pick for you. If all of your guys are gone then we will wait until you pick after 4pm.

WolverineFan
03-26-2013, 11:01 PM
Good pick,

Elam is my #1 rated S, I like Elam better than Vaccaro.

I agree. Vaccaro is very solid, but Elam is just a playmaker. Guy is always around the ball.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 11:03 PM
I like Elam, but not in the first.

steelbtexan
03-26-2013, 11:03 PM
yeah there have been some really good picks made , especially in the last few selections.

I kinda feel like Im stuck between a rock and a hard place picking for the Texans , I cant make everyone happy but Im going to pick who I think helps the team the most in the coming season as its now or never for a Superbowl with this team .... Im not looking too far down the road with these selections. Maybe that gives some perspective to the past pick and those to come.

Hopefully BoB/Gary/Rick have that same sense of urgency.

WolverineFan
03-26-2013, 11:08 PM
PM me who you like at #34

Just to be safe PM 4 or 5 players that you think may be available at 54. If one of them is available I will make the pick for you. If all of your guys are gone then we will wait until you pick after 4pm.

I'll look things over tonight and PM you my picks in the morning. Hopefully we still might get to my next SF pick.

76Texan
03-26-2013, 11:19 PM
Rock N Randy will have his pick in tonite; just don't know when yet.

Señor Stan
03-26-2013, 11:43 PM
Rock N Randy will have his pick in tonite; just don't know when yet.

WNBA keepers league draft for him tonight. Could be a while...

76Texan
03-26-2013, 11:51 PM
WNBA keepers league draft for him tonight. Could be a while...

WNBA :mariopalm:

76Texan
03-26-2013, 11:59 PM
In case you haven't noticed, I have a thread titled "TT Mock Draft Resource".

It has the update of all players drafted by position.

Hopefully, it will make it easier for you to make your selection.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2143772#post2143772

steelbtexan
03-27-2013, 12:04 AM
In case you haven't noticed, I have a thread titled "TT Mock Draft Resource".

It has the update of all players drafted by position.

Hopefully, it will make it easier for you to make your selection.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2143772#post2143772

I was just there and the numbers are likely to be very representative of the real draft. It should be interesting to compare the positions selected to how the real draft positions selected fall.

b0ng
03-27-2013, 12:08 AM

My thought process with making this pick is that the Falcons are extremely weak on the ends of their defensive line, and there were a couple of guys I could've chosen. I went with Hunt specifically because of his measureables and with the thought that Mike Smith could get a lot out of a prospect like Hunt.

Rock N Randy
03-27-2013, 12:11 AM
I got Dallas Cowboys, who lord knows what that crazy Jerry Jones will do and now the desalination that is the Baltimore Ravens
The defending Super Bowl Champions Paid Cool Joe Flacco and hung everyonr else out to dry.
As far as needs and holes where do I begin??? I know Ozzie Newsome is the best at drafting and scouting but I dont even think he can pull this one off.
They traded a leader away and Boldin - WR2 is needed but no value here at pick 32 overall
Ray Lewis THE leader retired along with Birk - MLB and C are needs
Webb coming of injury, Williams gone in FA - CB might need to be taken, Banks is still there
Ravens let Reed walk and cut Pollard
Ravens have no back end literally, no FS or SS
But with Vaccaro, Elam and Cyprien, no Safety worth considering
Some edge rushees remain
Tank Carridine who has a lot of buzz and Datone Jones who is versatile and can bring interior rush
Run stuffer is needed keep LBers clean with a guy like Jesse Williams or John Jenkins
Not a lot of value here and what's on the board.,
If it fell this way, ... I think I know who I would select

Pick is in...
In the 2013 NFL draft the Baltimore Ravens select
Menelik Watson, OT, Florida
No secret who's team this is.
With Flacco now the highest paid player in NFL history, protecting that investment, that assets is priority #1, it is paramount!
With McKinnie being a FA and Baltimore most likely not returning him.
Let's Michael (blindside) Oher return to LT and Watson can be RT.
That was Flacco stays protected and gas time to sling it

76Texan
03-27-2013, 12:14 AM
I was just there and the numbers are likely to be very representative of the real draft. It should be interesting to compare the positions selected to how the real draft positions selected fall.

Some team is going to throw in a monkey wrench by selecting Nassib as their franchise QB in the first round, LOL!

(I'm just using Nassib's name, but it won't surprised me if 4 QBs are taken.
I hope that's the case.)

steelbtexan
03-27-2013, 12:23 AM
I got Dallas Cowboys, who lord knows what that crazy Jerry Jones will do and now the desalination that is the Baltimore Ravens
The defending Super Bowl Champions Paid Cool Joe Flacco and hung everyonr else out to dry.
As far as needs and holes where do I begin??? I know Ozzie Newsome is the best at drafting and scouting but I dont even think he can pull this one off.
They traded a leader away and Boldin - WR2 is needed but no value here at pick 32 overall
Ray Lewis THE leader retired along with Birk - MLB and C are needs
Webb coming of injury, Williams gone in FA - CB might need to be taken, Banks is still there
Ravens let Reed walk and cut Pollard
Ravens have no back end literally, no FS or SS
But with Vaccaro, Elam and Cyprien, no Safety worth considering
Some edge rushees remain
Tank Carridine who has a lot of buzz and Datone Jones who is versatile and can bring interior rush
Run stuffer is needed keep LBers clean with a guy like Jesse Williams or John Jenkins
Not a lot of value here and what's on the board.,
If it fell this way, ... I think I know who I would select

Pick is in...
In the 2013 NFL draft the Baltimore Ravens select
Menelik Watson, OT, Florida
No secret who's team this is.
With Flacco now the highest paid player in NFL history, protecting that investment, that assets is priority #1, it is paramount!
With McKinnie being a FA and Baltimore most likely not returning him.
Let's Michael (blindside) Oher return to LT and Watson can be RT.
That was Flacco stays protected and gas time to sling it

Sound reasoning, how long do you think it will take for Watson to get used to the NFL? He's very talented, but hasn't played much football.

Great job guys, finished the 1st rd in 2 days. Lets keep up the pace, looking forward to the start of Rd.2 tomorrow. Good night

TexansSeminole
03-27-2013, 12:36 AM
Sound reasoning, how long do you think it will take for Watson to get used to the NFL? He's very talented, but hasn't played much football.

Great job guys, finished the 1st rd in 2 days. Lets keep up the pace, looking forward to the start of Rd.2 tomorrow. Good night

First, let's be clear that Watson is a Nole and not a Gator.

I'm not sure how long it will take but I know he is highly inexperienced.

76Texan
03-27-2013, 12:43 AM

At least his O-line coach agrees with RNR:

"Watson is already projected to go in the first round, but one of his college coaches thinks that he just missed out on going in the top five."

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/3/26/4150594/menelik-watson-nfl-draft-2013

The question is who did his coach think the other guy is ?!?

76Texan
03-27-2013, 12:46 AM
On the clock:

Round 2

33. Jacksonville

34. San Francisco from Kansas City
35. Philadelphia
36. Detroit
37.Cincinatti from Oakland

Corrosion
03-27-2013, 01:08 AM
Some team is going to throw in a monkey wrench by selecting Nassib as their franchise QB in the first round, LOL!

(I'm just using Nassib's name, but it won't surprised me if 4 QBs are taken.
I hope that's the case.)

Sure would have been nice if a couple had been taken in this mock , as it is it wasnt an enviable position to be in picking #27 for our Texans.

TexansSeminole
03-27-2013, 01:11 AM
At least his O-line coach agrees with RNR:

"Watson is already projected to go in the first round, but one of his college coaches thinks that he just missed out on going in the top five."

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/3/26/4150594/menelik-watson-nfl-draft-2013

The question is who did his coach think the other guy is ?!?

He played well for the Noles in his one year.

What do you mean other guy?

mussop
03-27-2013, 01:41 AM

You are doing the right thing. That is the only way to approach this draft from Texans standpoint. With the state of this franchise and all the holes we have, we can't take chances on potential. We need these early draft picks contribute NOW.

76Texan
03-27-2013, 02:00 AM
He played well for the Noles in his one year.

What do you mean other guy?

It sure sounds like the coach figured he will be the 6th OT drafted, so he's already lamenting that his guy "deserve better".

I want to know who are the five guys that his coach think will be drafted ahead of him.
We've seen four of them in this mock draft.
Who's the mystery man?

76Texan
03-27-2013, 02:03 AM
You are doing the right thing. That is the only way to approach this draft from Texans standpoint. With the state of this franchise and all the holes we have, we can't take chances on potential. We need these early draft picks contribute NOW.

If the Texans draft a receiver in the first round, the guy will have every opportunity to contribute right away with Posey in the shelf and no replacement for Walter.

mussop
03-27-2013, 02:09 AM
If the Texans draft a receiver in the first round, the guy will have every opportunity to contribute right away with Posey in the shelf and no replacement for Walter.

I honk that can be said about several positions.

76Texan
03-27-2013, 02:15 AM
I honk that can be said about several positions.

And that was exactly my point LoL.

Wolf6151
03-27-2013, 02:32 AM

Excellent pick for the Texans. Short shores up the middle, plays the run well, pressures the QB well, handles a double team well which will free up Smith and Watt to make plays, and helps to keep out ILB's clean freeing them to make plays. Again excellent pick. :bravo:

Corrosion
03-27-2013, 03:00 AM

The way I see this reciever class is simple , you have Cordarrelle Patterson and .... everyone else thru the middle of the 3rd round. I dont think Hunter would have stepped in day one and been the #2. Allen , Hopkins or Patterson may have been a different story.

You still have a long list of guy's on the board - Robert Woods , Quinton Patton , Terrance Williams , Markus Wheaton , Justin Hunter , Aaron Dobson , Da'Rick Rogers , Ryan Swope , Marquise Goodwin and Kenny Stills. Its a strong possibility one or more of them is there when the Texans pick in round three.
That whole list of guy's is pretty darn close in terms of talent.

htownfan32
03-27-2013, 03:51 AM
The way I see this reciever class is simple , you have Cordarrelle Patterson and .... everyone else thru the middle of the 3rd round. I dont think Hunter would have stepped in day one and been the #2. Allen , Hopkins or Patterson may have been a different story.

You still have a long list of guy's on the board - Robert Woods , Quinton Patton , Terrance Williams , Markus Wheaton , Justin Hunter , Aaron Dobson , Da'Rick Rogers , Ryan Swope , Marquise Goodwin and Kenny Stills. Its a strong possibility one or more of them is there when the Texans pick in round three.
That whole list of guy's is pretty darn close in terms of talent.

I can see us trading back with our 1st round and taking him if we get into a situation like this one in our mock.

76Texan
03-27-2013, 04:36 AM
I've put in my pick for the Lions to Steelb.

Blame him if there's a hold up. :foottap:

mussop
03-27-2013, 05:13 AM
And that was exactly my point LoL.

Ok don't get why you specifically pointed out WR then. I don't care what position we draft with our first round pick as long as that player is the BPA at a position of need and contributes right away. If two players of equal value are there for the taking we should pass on the one where equal talent will be available later.

You have to factor in who at each position will be available later in the draft.

steelbtexan
03-27-2013, 09:17 AM
While I agree with Corrosion and you about about the need for players that can contribute now and love the Short pick, the Texans shouldn't gamble too much and lose out on an impact WR. They should take the best WR in the group in the 2nd rd. Unless there's a stud LB/OT that falls.

I really think this is the direction the Texans go in the draft and would be smart to go this way.

Blake and the Jags are on the clock.

steelbtexan
03-27-2013, 09:20 AM

That's kinda like saying University of Texas QB Johnny Manziel.

Thanks for nothing Mack.

Blake
03-27-2013, 09:23 AM
To start off day 2, the Jaguars select Alex Okafor, DE, Texas

Alex will attempt to fill the Jags LEO role that new head coach, Gus Bradley is bringing over from Seattle.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/dam/assets/121225163012-alex-okafor-p1-single-image-cut.jpg

WolverineFan
03-27-2013, 09:33 AM

Datone Jones - DE, UCLA

http://binaryapi.ap.org/6242a7beb46941bc97bf65885fa699f5/940x.jpg

San Francisco has a stout front seven, but beastly 3-4 DE Justin Smith is not getting any younger and it could be time to groom his replacement. The 49ers signed Glenn Dorsey in Free Agency, but have stated they intend to use him at NT and still need pass rushing help up front.

Jones is one of the premiere interior pass rushers in this draft and is an excellent fit as a 5' technique in SF's front. He has a great frame and could add weight if needed, although that doesn't seem necessary. He plays with great strength and explosiveness. He's very athletic for a guy his size and has a sizable repertoire of pass rushing moves. Jones is a very talented player that adds even more versatility to an already dangerous defensive unit.

76Texan
03-27-2013, 09:44 AM
On the clock:

Round 2

35. Philadelphia

36. Detroit
37.Cincinatti from Oakland
38. Arizona
Cleveland supplemental pick Josh Gordon WR, Baylor
39. NY Jets

76Texan
03-27-2013, 09:52 AM
To start off day 2, the Jaguars select Alex Okafor, DE, Texas

Alex will attempt to fill the Jags LEO role that new head coach, Gus Bradley is bringing over from Seattle.

Damn you blake; I don't want to see the Jags with this guy.

Dude is a beast; the one guy that gave Eric Fisher some trouble at the Senior Bowl.

76Texan
03-27-2013, 09:55 AM

Datone Jones - DE, UCLA

San Francisco has a stout front seven, but beastly 3-4 DE Justin Smith is not getting any younger and it could be time to groom his replacement. The 49ers signed Glenn Dorsey in Free Agency, but have stated they intend to use him at NT and still need pass rushing help up front.

Jones is one of the premiere interior pass rushers in this draft and is an excellent fit as a 5' technique in SF's front. He has a great frame and could add weight if needed, although that doesn't seem necessary. He plays with great strength and explosiveness. He's very athletic for a guy his size and has a sizable repertoire of pass rushing moves. Jones is a very talented player that adds even more versatility to an already dangerous defensive unit.
And this guy had some good battle with Fisher.

WolverineFan
03-27-2013, 09:56 AM
Just to be safe PM 4 or 5 players that you think may be available at 45. If one of them is available I will make the pick for you. If all of your guys are gone then we will wait until you pick after 4pm.

I PM'ed you a list of guys. I would think at least one of them will be there. I should be back a little after 4pm CT today.

76Texan
03-27-2013, 09:57 AM
Never mind

WolverineFan
03-27-2013, 09:58 AM
Made my pick with SF but I might be gone past my SD pick at #45 so I PM'ed a list so I won't hold things up again.

76Texan
03-27-2013, 10:01 AM
Made my pick with SF but I might be gone past my SD pick at #45 so I PM'ed a list so I won't hold things up again.

I confused you with Seminole for some reason (didn't get much sleep, LOL)

steelbtexan
03-27-2013, 10:21 AM
I PM'ed you a list of guys. I would think at least one of them will be there. I should be back a little after 4pm CT today.

Thanks

Corrosion
03-27-2013, 10:51 AM
I confused you with Seminole for some reason (didn't get much sleep, LOL)

Where is Seminole ?! Im getting sleepy waiting on the next two picks to make the cincy selection ....

Im just going to PM you three guy's at that spot and a few for their following pick at 53 just in case Im not here.

I'll also send SteelB a list for the Texans pick at 57.

76Texan
03-27-2013, 11:05 AM
Where is Seminole ?! Im getting sleepy waiting on the next two picks to make the cincy selection ....

Im just going to PM you three guy's at that spot and a few for their following pick at 53 just in case Im not here.

I'll also send SteelB a list for the Texans pick at 57.

I'll be back within the hour.
Steelb should be here.

Corrosion
03-27-2013, 11:10 AM
Ok , I sent my picks for Cincy at both 37 and 53 to SteelB and 76.

SteelB also has my picks for the Texans at 57 should I be away. I wont be holding up the show today damnit.

Rock N Randy
03-27-2013, 11:16 AM
My stomach would turn if Harbaugh/San Francisco
Drafted Datone Jones. Dude is going to be a damn good 34 DE
He is a 1st RD talent and my #1 34 DE
I was leaning towards him for the Texans potentially
Rich get richer
Justin Smith's replacement in 2014

Señor Stan
03-27-2013, 11:31 AM
If the draft plays out this way it will be the first time a running back is not selected in the 1st round...

steelbtexan
03-27-2013, 11:41 AM
TS time is about up.

Lets try to get a quick consensus of who Philadelphia pick might br.

If he hasn't answered by 11:00 we will make the pick for him. Dee Milner was Texan Seminoles 1st rd pick.

Blake
03-27-2013, 11:44 AM
Damn you blake; I don't want to see the Jags with this guy.

Dude is a beast; the one guy that gave Eric Fisher some trouble at the Senior Bowl.

He might be a bit slow for the Leo role. But he has all the pass rushing tools and skills that they will like.

76Texan
03-27-2013, 11:51 AM
TS time is about up.

Lets try to get a quick consensus of who Philadelphia pick might br.

If he hasn't answered by 11:00 we will make the pick for him. Dee Milner was Texan Seminoles 1st rd pick.

What do they need, a CB?

76Texan
03-27-2013, 11:54 AM
He might be a bit slow for the Leo role. But he has all the pass rushing tools and skills that they will like.

He dominated the bowl game against Oregon St. from start to finish.
He caught my eyes even the year before.
IMO, he's quite a bit better than Jones; and Jones is no slouch.

76Texan
03-27-2013, 11:59 AM
Do the Eagles need a QB?
Zac Dysert? E J Manuel?

steelbtexan
03-27-2013, 12:02 PM
OL/DL/MLB

They've got a huge hole at MLB. But could also use OL.

Teo/Brown/Armstead/Wafford would be good fits.

76Texan
03-27-2013, 12:05 PM
Looks like some of their fans want an OT.
Armstead?

I vote Armstead.

steelbtexan
03-27-2013, 12:18 PM
With the 35th pick in the NFL Mock Draft the Philadelphia Eagles select Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas Pine Bluff.

76Texan and the Lions are on the clock.

76Texan
03-27-2013, 12:21 PM
With the 36th pick in the 2013 TTL Mock Draft, the Lions select DE Sam Montgomery (LSU)

76Texan
03-27-2013, 12:23 PM
On the clock:

37.Cincinnati from Oakland

38. Arizona
Cleveland supplemantal pick Josh Gordon WR, Baylor
39. NY Jets
40. Tennessee
41. Buffalo
42. Miami
43. Tampa Bay
44. Carolina
New Orleans Forefeited

steelbtexan
03-27-2013, 12:27 PM
Delete

76Texan
03-27-2013, 12:27 PM
With the 37th pick in the 2013 TTL Mock Draft, the Bengals select:

Arthur Brown - OLB Kansas St.

b0ng
03-27-2013, 12:30 PM
Not a bad pick at all, I think Brown has a lot of talent and may slip into the first round when it's all said and done.

76Texan
03-27-2013, 12:34 PM
Don't fell asleep now steelb; you have the Cards next, right?

steelbtexan
03-27-2013, 12:36 PM
With the 38th pick in the NFL Mock Draft the Arizona Cardinals select Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky

This came down to either Warford or Eifert. I consider Warford to be on par with Warmack and Cooper. Eifert is really good, but there are comparable TE's that should be available in Rds 3-6. Plus I'm keeping to my committment to improve the Cards OL.

Having Johnson/Warmack/Massie/Levi Brown will help keep Stanton clean (Yuck) and vastly improve the Cards running game.

The NY Jets are on the clock.

76Texan
03-27-2013, 12:47 PM
Dang, Seminole's turn is about to come up again; this time for the Dolphins.

What should we do?

76Texan
03-27-2013, 12:49 PM
With the 38th pick in the NFL Mock Draft the Arizona Cardinals select Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky

This came down to either Warford or Eifert. I consider Warford to be on par with Warmack and Cooper. Eifert is really good, but there are comparable TE's that should be available in Rds 3-6. Plus I'm keeping to my committment to improve the Cards OL.

Having Johnson/Warmack/Massie/Levi Brown will help keep Stanton clean (Yuck) and vastly improve the Cards running game.

The NY Jets are on the clock.
I think we've been bombarding dsr23 with all the picks that he likes, LOL!

Now he probably needs to go back to the drawing board. :kitten:

76Texan
03-27-2013, 12:53 PM
On the clock

39. NY Jets -dsr 23

40. Tennessee -Senior Stan
41. Buffalo -Bong
42. Miami - Texans Seminole
43. Tampa Bay - Ndevine7
44. Carolina - Honoring Earl
New Orleans Forefeited

drs23
03-27-2013, 01:08 PM
Stand by for a moment please. It's crazy around here this A.M. and you guys a snagging all my guys! :bat:

Señor Stan
03-27-2013, 01:09 PM
Out to lunch, but will make my pick by 1:00 is drs23 makes his...

76Texan
03-27-2013, 01:11 PM
Stand by for a moment please. It's crazy around here this A.M. and you guys a snagging all my guys! :bat:

I figured that much, LOL!

TexansSeminole
03-27-2013, 01:16 PM
I thought we had 4 hours? We've given others more than 4, y'all gave me less than 3? I'm sorry for getting busy but figured I would get 3 hours at least. I was given closer to 2 than 3.

drs23
03-27-2013, 01:22 PM
With the 39th pick the NY Jets select T.J. McDonald, S, USC

76Texan
03-27-2013, 01:24 PM
I thought we had 4 hours? We've given others more than 4, y'all gave me less than 3? I'm sorry for getting busy but figured I would get 3 hours at least. I was given closer to 2 than 3.

I'm sorry; Steelb said that your time was up.
Maybe the other guys made their picks real quickly.
I wasn't here early in the morning so I didn't keep track of time.

drs23
03-27-2013, 01:26 PM
I know that T.J. McDonald was a slight reach but my guys were gone. I looked at Eric Reid but he seemed to struggle without Honey Badger, Claiborn & Brandon Taylor being there as security blankets.

I wanted another position but he was gone and I think my next couple of guys will be there later.

TexansSeminole
03-27-2013, 01:27 PM
The Eagles throw Armstead in the trash and pick NT, Johnathan Jenkins, Gerorgia instead.

steelbtexan
03-27-2013, 01:31 PM

The clock runs 7am to 7pm CST.

We didn't make your pick until around 11:15am CST that's past the 4 hr window. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding probably due to time zone issues. If so that's my fault for not being more clear. I apologize.

Did you like the pick?

76Texan
03-27-2013, 01:33 PM
The Eagles throw Armstead in the trash and pick NT, Johnathan Jenkins, Gerorgia instead.

OK, but I don't know which one is trash.
I like Jenkins but he seems more risky with his weigh problem.
I'd like him for the Texans preferrably in the fourth, but since we have two 3rds, I wouldn't mind taking him there.
I just think the risk is a bit high in the second round.

steelbtexan
03-27-2013, 01:33 PM

I will change the pick.

76Texan
03-27-2013, 01:36 PM

I know that T.J. McDonald was a slight reach but my guys were gone. I looked at Eric Reid but he seemed to struggle without Honey Badger, Claiborn & Brandon Taylor being there as security blankets.

I wanted another position but he was gone and I think my next couple of guys will be there later.

Between T J McD and Taylor Mays, you have enough hard hits, but perhaps you need to combine them two to make a good SS. J/k

TexansSeminole
03-27-2013, 01:37 PM

We didn't make your pick until around 11:15am CST that's past the 4 hr window. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding probably due to time zone issues. If so that's my fault for not being more clear. I apologize.

Did you like the pick?

No, I don't draft players I have never seen play. I wouldn't draft this kid in the 7th round.

Dutchrudder
03-27-2013, 01:37 PM

Personally, I would have gone with a WR, so next year when the Jets pick a QB, he will have a good target to throw it to. Lots of good WRs still on the board, I'm surprised more haven't been picked considering all the attention the position gets from Texans fans.

TexansSeminole
03-27-2013, 01:38 PM

Did you like the pick?

Umm...Wolverine Fan was before me and made his pick 4 hours ago. You made my pick over an hour ago. 4-1=3. 4-2=2.

TexansSeminole
03-27-2013, 01:41 PM
To be completely honest with you, if it is going to move this quickly, I don't have time for this draft. I have a very busy next 10 days and can't be expected to be here ALL the time, which would be quite necessary to make the picks that quickly. Y'all can take the Dolphins and Eagles, I will just continue to miss picks at this pace.

b0ng
03-27-2013, 01:42 PM
I have two different posts written up, waiting to see if Senior Stan kicks me in the junk and takes the guy I really want.

Thank you for reaching that pick drs23, I was afraid the Jets were going to take a guy I wanted as well since a lot of the needs are similar.

drs23
03-27-2013, 01:43 PM
Personally, I would have gone with a WR, so next year when the Jets pick a QB, he will have a good target to throw it to. Lots of good WRs still on the board, I'm surprised more haven't been picked considering all the attention the position gets from Texans fans.

You're right probably. With this turning into instpick instead of a 4 hour window I let myself feel pressure that probably wasn't there. It won't happen again.

76Texan
03-27-2013, 01:45 PM
To be completely honest with you, if it is going to move this quickly, I don't have time for this draft. I have a very busy next 10 days and can't be expected to be here ALL the time, which would be quite necessary to make the picks that quickly. Y'all can take the Dolphins and Eagles, I will just continue to miss picks at this pace.

We agreed on a 4-hr time period.
Sorry that we mis-calculate it.
But no harm no foul here.

Texan4Ever
03-27-2013, 01:48 PM
Between T J McD and Taylor Mays, you have enough hard hits, but perhaps you need to combine them two to make a good SS. J/k

Mays has sucked so far and IMO he can't cover worth jack, he can only hit and get penalized.

Dutchrudder
03-27-2013, 01:49 PM
You're right probably. With this turning into instpick instead of a 4 hour window I let myself feel pressure that probably wasn't there. It won't happen again.

I'm not criticizing the pick, hope it didn't come off that way. I just think the Jets situation appears to be more of a 3 year plan than a 1. And I don't blame you for passing on the QBs here, many would be tempted to take one, and I for one would hold out on that. They are stuck with Sanchez one more year, then I expect them to move on to a new QB in 2014.

I also don't value Santonio Holmes as a #1 WR, and I think they overpaid him quite a bit. Wouldn't be surprised to see him cut in a year or two. Their real strength right now is the o-line, and even that is suspect on the right side (kind of like the Texans). The more I think about this, the more holes I see on the Jets, like at RB. Lacy might have be a good pick for them too, he seems like their style of RB.

Anyways, it's all good, this is just for fun :shades:

76Texan
03-27-2013, 01:50 PM

We agreed on a 4-hr time period.
Sorry that we mis-calculate it.
But no harm no foul here.

And the reason I offer to notify people when their turn comes up is to help those who are busy.

If only I've got your email address.
People are busy on different schedule.
One might expect for you to make a selection quickly because of your knowledge, they wait but then have to run.

I just wish that we can help each other communicate better so that we can move it smoothly.

b0ng
03-27-2013, 01:51 PM
I'm not criticizing the pick, hope it didn't come off that way. I just think the Jets situation appears to be more of a 3 year plan than a 1. And I don't blame you for passing on the QBs here, many would be tempted to take one, and I for one would hold out on that. They are stuck with Sanchez one more year, then I expect them to move on to a new QB in 2014.

I also don't value Santonio Holmes as a #1 WR, and I think they overpaid him quite a bit. Wouldn't be surprised to see him cut in a year or two. Their real strength right now is the o-line, and even that is suspect on the right side (kind of like the Texans). The more I think about this, the more holes I see on the Jets, like at RB. Lacy might have be a good pick for them too, he seems like their style of RB.

Anyways, it's all good, this is just for fun :shades:

Besides, it's not as if NFL teams don't reach on talent all of the time when it comes to the draft.

Señor Stan
03-27-2013, 01:56 PM
With their 2nd round pick the Tennessee Titans select...

Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame...

Lost Jared Cook and signed Delaine Walker ...but Eifert should not have fallen this far...BPA pick

http://www.uhnd.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/tyler-eifert-profile.jpg

Wide Receiver in a Tight End body.

Junk. Kicked.

Dutchrudder
03-27-2013, 01:57 PM
^ lol

41. Buffalo Bong
42. Miami Texans Seminole
43. Tampa Bay Ndevine7
44. Carolina
New Orleans Forefeited
45. San Diego
46. St. Louis
47. Dallas
48. Pittsburgh
49. NYG
50. Chicago

76Texan
03-27-2013, 01:57 PM
With their 2nd round pick the Tennessee Titans select...

Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame...

Lost Jared Cook and signed Delaine Walker ...but Eifert should not have fallen this far...BPA pick

http://www.uhnd.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/tyler-eifert-profile.jpg

Wide Receiver in a Tight End body.

Junk. Kicked.was waiting for this pick, but I guess teams are needing DE and OLB.

TexansSeminole
03-27-2013, 01:58 PM
And the reason I offer to notify people when their turn comes up is to help those who are busy.

If only I've got your email address.
People are busy on different schedule.
One might expect for you to make a selection quickly because of your knowledge, they wait but then have to run.

I just wish that we can help each other communicate better so that we can move it smoothly.

It's not about being notified. I check the thread often enough to know when I may be close. I work in property management. Sometimes I have to run off and view te damage on a roof collapse, or a car running into a building, or a fire, or a car running into the gate, or calm down some crack head. During those times, I cannot post. So notification is not the issue, not having some leeway in time is. It's all good, I just can't participate.

b0ng
03-27-2013, 01:59 PM
With the 42nd pick in the fake Texans Talk Mock Draft, the Buffalo Bills will select Wide Receiver, Justin Hunter, University of Tennessee. Noticing a lack of weapons at the WR spot, and with a new QB who is probably going to take over the reigns, the Bills will take the other playmaker that made Tyler Bray look so good.

http://usarmy.vo.llnwd.net/e2/c/images/2012/11/07/271128/size0.jpg

The young Barkley will have a shiny new toy to go along with Stevie Johnson, and hopefully the Bills will have at least a serviceable passing game to go with those two baller RB's they keep locked up in the cold north.

Junk is in tact!

76Texan
03-27-2013, 02:01 PM
It's not about being notified. I check the thread often enough to know when I may be close. I work in property management. Sometimes I have to run off and view te damage on a roof collapse, or a car running into a building, or a fire, or a car running into the gate, or calm down some crack head. During those times, I cannot post. So notification is not the issue, not having some leeway in time is. It's all good, I just can't participate.

We stay with the 4-hr rule.
Sorry that we didn't keep up with the time.
(Man I hate to throw Steelb under the bus LOL).

I will make sure to verify the time.

76Texan
03-27-2013, 02:04 PM
With the 42nd pick in the fake Texans Talk Mock Draft, the Buffalo Bills will select Wide Receiver, Justin Hunter, University of Tennessee. Noticing a lack of weapons at the WR spot, and with a new QB who is probably going to take over the reigns, the Bills will take the other playmaker that made Tyler Bray look so good.

http://usarmy.vo.llnwd.net/e2/c/images/2012/11/07/271128/size0.jpg

The young Barkley will have a shiny new toy to go along with Stevie Johnson, and hopefully the Bills will have at least a serviceable passing game to go with those two baller RB's they keep locked up in the cold north.

Junk is in tact!There's a drop off from Marquise Lee to Hunter, but it will work.

Man, I want the Texans to trade for next year pick to have that guy.

76Texan
03-27-2013, 02:09 PM

We stay with the 4-hr rule.
Sorry that we didn't keep up with the time.
(Man I hate to throw Steelb under the bus LOL).

I will make sure to verify the time.
Also, I think it will be helpful for everybody to know about how soon their turn might come up.

If everybody take four hours, the mock draft will last forever.
We all understand that some have a busy schedule; it's only a matter to help each other out.

After all, we're only having fun; we don't need more stress, right?

steelbtexan
03-27-2013, 02:16 PM

A mistake was made,

I wish you would reconsider, but if not I understand.

The Dolphins are on the clock. Hope you make the pick.

76Texan
03-27-2013, 02:20 PM
To me, the most important thing is to make this mock draft something that all participants can enjoy.

I volunteer not to have a team so I can spend time monitoring to help move things along in a pace that suits everybody.

However, there's always give and take.
If we're going to make this enjoyable for every one, it will be helpful if everybody is in the loop.

None of us knows about another's schedule if we don't communicate.

Some have school, some have work.
I'm mostly free for the time being, so I thought I'd help out.

Please don't take it the wrong way.

Rey
03-27-2013, 02:25 PM
I'm good with the pace either way...

76 and all that are running this are doing a good job IMO.

steelbtexan
03-27-2013, 02:29 PM

Thanks

We are trying to do things right. But mistakes will be made, what do you think we should do with the Dolphins pick?

coon
03-27-2013, 02:30 PM

Agreed, I am busy too with work and school, but 76 has bent over backwards to help me out. It's all in good fun.

76Texan
03-27-2013, 02:42 PM
Don't worry; it's just a little hiccup.
We'll clear it up!

Thank you all for understanding.

Let's move on and have some more fun!

Rock N Randy
03-27-2013, 02:44 PM
Let's get back too draft talk please
It's a member mock and for the sake of the mock and the majority participating
There are 4hr windows and 76 is notifying per via PM
If your draft card expires your pick opens up and can be made by any member
Back to the mock

Titans just a lot better and Bills too
I love Hunter but I don't see him succeeding in the Bermuda triangle that is Buffalo/Toronto
I love Eifert too. I would not be happy to see him in a Titan uniform

Dutchrudder
03-27-2013, 02:44 PM
Thanks

We are trying to do things right. But mistakes will be made, what do you think we should do with the Dolphins pick?

Well it appears Seminole left, so I think he quit. If anyone wants to take over this team, we should get that done now rather than later.

I don't know the Dolphins needs that well, but I do know they don't need a WR. CB appears to be a need, RT is a need if they don't come to terms with Eric Winston. TE is a need because Dustin Keller isn't that great and Fasano left. RB is a need after losing Reggie Bush.

I think Eddie Lacy RB could go here, Darius Slay CB, Johnthan Banks CB or maybe Terron Armstead OT.

b0ng
03-27-2013, 02:50 PM
Well it appears Seminole left, so I think he quit. If anyone wants to take over this team, we should get that done now rather than later.

I don't know the Dolphins needs that well, but I do know they don't need a WR. CB appears to be a need, RT is a need if they don't come to terms with Eric Winston. TE is a need because Dustin Keller isn't that great and Fasano left. RB is a need after losing Reggie Bush.

I think Eddie Lacy RB could go here, Darius Slay CB, Johnthan Banks CB or maybe Terron Armstead OT.

There would be nothing wrong with Lacy going to the Dolphins with their pick in the 2nd round if everybody agrees he'd be best whatever scheme Joe Philbin is running there (Is it a ZBS?)

76Texan
03-27-2013, 02:57 PM
It was a little unclear to me if Nole had decided one way or another.
(Wished he did.)

But he did say it's all good.

If y'all want, we can go ahead with what you have in mind, and he can decide it for sure later when he has the time.

76Texan
03-27-2013, 02:57 PM
Looks like he's back like I thought.

TexansSeminole
03-27-2013, 02:58 PM
I'd pick Tank Carradine if available.

TexansSeminole
03-27-2013, 02:59 PM
Looks like he's back like I thought.

I hade 3 ceilings collapse this morning and am in fix crisis mode. Don't think I will be around after this one.

76Texan
03-27-2013, 02:59 PM

That would have been my next choice!

76Texan
03-27-2013, 03:00 PM
I hade 3 ceilings collapse this morning and am in fix crisis mode. Don't think I will be around after this one.

Go do what you need to do.
Like you said; it's all good!

Dutchrudder
03-27-2013, 03:03 PM

Cool, Tank it is. Next up:

43. Tampa Bay Ndevine7
44. Carolina
New Orleans Forefeited
45. San Diego
46. St. Louis
47. Dallas
48. Pittsburgh
49. NYG
50. Chicago
51.Washington

TexansSeminole
03-27-2013, 03:10 PM
Sorry if I am cranky. I have had people screaming in my face since literally 5:45 this morning.

76Texan
03-27-2013, 03:11 PM
Sorry if I am cranky. I have had people screaming in my face since literally 5:45 this morning.

Don't worry about it!
It wasn't your fault anyway.

76Texan
03-27-2013, 03:13 PM
Cool, Tank it is. Next up:

43. Tampa Bay Ndevine7
44. Carolina
New Orleans Forefeited
45. San Diego
46. St. Louis
47. Dallas
48. Pittsburgh
49. NYG
50. Chicago
51.Washington

Ndevine7 was here less than a half hour ago;
I just sent him another e-mail notification .

It's just a courtesy call for everybody; I'm not selling anything LoL!

76Texan
03-27-2013, 03:14 PM
Man, he shows up fast LOL!

76Texan
03-27-2013, 03:15 PM
Man, he shows up fast LOL!

This is where I think email notification is helpful for those who are busy.

Ndevine7
03-27-2013, 03:16 PM
With their 2nd round pick the Tampa Bay Bucs select Johnthan Banks cb Mississippi State

76Texan
03-27-2013, 03:21 PM
With their 2nd round pick the Tampa Bay Bucs select Johnthan Banks cb Mississippi State

He's my next CB!

76Texan
03-27-2013, 03:45 PM
On the clock:

44. Carolina - Honoring Earl (PM sent, might be at work, should be here before too long, normally.)
New Orleans Forefeited

45. San Diego - Wolverine Fan (pick in with steelb who's on the road until around 4)
46. St. Louis - RT 22 (pick is in)
47. Dallas - Rock-N-Randy (was here a while ago - PM sent)
48. Pittsburgh - Honoring Earl (him again)
49. NYG - htownfan32 (pick is in)

50. Chicago - dutchrudder (around here usually)
51.Washington - Steel B Texan (should be here around 4)
52. Minnesota - NC Texan (he's arount)
53. Cincinnati - Corrosion
54.Miami from Indianapolis - Texans Seminole

WolverineFan
03-27-2013, 05:39 PM
45. San Diego - Wolverine Fan (pick in with steelb who's on the road until around 4)

I'm back now, I'll be able to make my pick.

76Texan
03-27-2013, 05:44 PM
I'm back now, I'll be able to make my pick.

I know you would be.
I hope people realize that a security blanket is good for all.

steelbtexan
03-27-2013, 05:47 PM

Hope your day has gotten better. Good pick BTW

76Texan
03-27-2013, 05:59 PM

It's been great working with you guys and the participants.

Never regret signing up for it one bit!

So far , LOL!

WolverineFan
03-27-2013, 06:00 PM
I know you would be.
I hope people realize that a security blanket is good for all.

I love the fact that there are guys here willing to help out. Between work and school it can be hard for me to be here on time. I appreciate all you guys do.

That said, I'm about to shake this draft up with this next pick.

76Texan
03-27-2013, 06:17 PM
I love the fact that there are guys here willing to help out. Between work and school it can be hard for me to be here on time. I appreciate all you guys do.

That said, I'm about to shake this draft up with this next pick.

You're gonna select a punter? :chickendance:

WolverineFan
03-27-2013, 07:17 PM
Should we start discussing picks for Carolina in case Honoring Earl doesn't show up?

Señor Stan
03-27-2013, 07:51 PM
4 hours are up...

Panthers need oline help...

WolverineFan
03-27-2013, 07:53 PM
4 hours are up...

Need DB help too.

They drafted Star Lotulelei (DT, Utah) in the 1st.

Wolf6151
03-27-2013, 08:13 PM
Carolina needs O-line help at OT and OG, I'm thinking Dallas Thomas or maybe Kyle Long, guys that can play both positions. Jordan Poyer-CB would also be a good pick here, good value as well.

76Texan
03-27-2013, 08:20 PM
4 hours are up...

You just like to Rib Earl, don't you? lOL.

76Texan
03-27-2013, 08:23 PM
He ran out the clock, but he's on!

mussop
03-27-2013, 08:37 PM
4 hours is too long. Why not start it every night at the same time and give each pick 5minutes. That way we can do a round a night. Just a suggestion.

Corrosion
03-27-2013, 08:45 PM
4 hours is too long. Why not start it every night at the same time and give each pick 5minutes. That way we can do a round a night. Just a suggestion.

We have a month to finish this thing .... and have gone thru a round and a half rather quickly even with some of us taking ~4 hours.

I think it might limit participation if we cut back the timer too much .... We'll end up with 5-6 people drafting for 32 teams .... Ive got my hands full with two teams.

steelbtexan
03-27-2013, 08:57 PM
Carolina needs O-line help at OT and OG, I'm thinking Dallas Thomas or maybe Kyle Long, guys that can play both positions. Jordan Poyer-CB would also be a good pick here, good value as well.

All great picks.

They could also use a FS.

What would y'all likme to do concerning Honoring Earl and the clock.

Last time I made a mistake and almost lost TexansSeminole. So I'm taking suggestions.

Corrosion
03-27-2013, 09:04 PM
All great picks.

Last time I made a mistake and almost lost TexansSeminole. So I'm taking suggestions.

I just checked the members list and Earl was on ~ 45 minutes ago ....dont ask me what to do , I was a slacker on day one. :kitten:

WolverineFan
03-27-2013, 09:05 PM
All great picks.

Eric Reid or Kyle Long.

I don't want to make a pick for him, but it's been 5 hours on a 4 hour clock.

WolverineFan
03-27-2013, 09:07 PM
I just checked the members list and Earl was on ~ 45 minutes ago ....dont ask me what to do , I was a slacker on day one. :kitten:

I almost missed my first pick as well so I'm in no position to make this decision.

Señor Stan
03-27-2013, 09:08 PM
Manti Te'o it is...

next.

steelbtexan
03-27-2013, 09:14 PM
Hate to do this Danny but the rules are the rules.

With the 44th pick in the NFL mock draft the Carolina Panthers select Kyle Long, OT/OG Oregon.

Wolverine Fan/ SanDiego is on the clock.

steelbtexan
03-27-2013, 09:15 PM
Manti Te'o it is...

next.

Nope, the Panthers are strong at LB.

WolverineFan
03-27-2013, 09:25 PM
Nope, the Panthers are strong at LB.

Well the Chargers aren't. With the 45th pick San Diego selects...

Manti Te'o - ILB, Notre Dame

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2235619/harbaughhatesteo.gif

I'm not a huge fan of this guy. I did not feel right about the whole "fiasco" at all. If Houston selects him, I would throw a fit. But this isn't the Texans.

With that said, this is great value. Some teams have him pegged as a 1st rounder. San Diego has a gaping hole on the inside of their defense and he may be able to fill it.

RT22
03-27-2013, 09:47 PM
With the 46th pick the Rams select Eddie Lacy RB Alabama.

steelbtexan
03-27-2013, 09:54 PM

I'm not a huge fan of this guy. I did not feel right about the whole "fiasco" at all. If Houston selects him, I would throw a fit. But this isn't the Texans.

With that said, this is great value. Some teams have him pegged as a 1st rounder. San Diego has a gaping hole on the inside of their defense and he may be able to fill it.

Bringing the fun to So. Cal.

It's a great fit for Te'o football and lifestyle wise.

steelbtexan
03-27-2013, 09:55 PM
With the 46th pick the Rams select Eddie Lacy RB Alabama.

Great value.

He's better than Ingram, which isn't saying alot.

WolverineFan
03-27-2013, 09:58 PM
Bringing the fun to So. Cal.

It's a great fit for Te'o football and lifestyle wise.

Well at least it'll move him closer to his girlfriend that attends Stanf....Oh wait....

Rock N Randy
03-27-2013, 10:03 PM
Carolina
St Louis
And San Diego

All great picks here in the 2nd round

All fit well with their respect teams and city.
Scheme and coaches

76Texan
03-27-2013, 10:20 PM
Hey, technically, the poll closed at 7:00 P.M. just before cut-off time I think.
Earl did PMed right then, too.

76Texan
03-27-2013, 10:23 PM
On the clock:

44. Carolina - Honoring Earl (PM sent, might be at work, should be here before too long, normally.)
New Orleans Forefeited

46. St. Louis - RT 22 (pick is in)
47. Dallas - Rock-N-Randy (was here a while ago - PM sent)
48. Pittsburgh - Honoring Earl (him again)
49. NYG - htownfan32 (pick is in)

50. Chicago - dutchrudder (around here usually)
51.Washington - Steel B Texan (should be here around 4)
52. Minnesota - NC Texan (he's arount)
53. Cincinnati - Corrosion
54.Miami from Indianapolis - Texans Seminole
When I announced it, I knew if he takes all of the alloted time, the night would be over. I think that's what I remember .

76Texan
03-27-2013, 10:26 PM
He ran out the clock, but he's on!

That was when I posted this (when I woke up , LOL).

76Texan
03-27-2013, 10:31 PM
Hey, technically, the poll closed at 7:00 P.M. just before cut-off time I think.
Earl did PMed right then, too.

He was sent out of town, what he told me.

After I posted the above post, I figured the "poll" is "officially" close, so I got off for dinner.

chicagotexan2
03-27-2013, 10:32 PM

What the helm is Steve Gutenberg doing at the combine?

Police academy 27 - sit and be fit

drs23
03-27-2013, 10:52 PM
We have a month to finish this thing .... and have gone thru a round and a half rather quickly even with some of us taking ~4 hours.

I think it might limit participation if we cut back the timer too much .... We'll end up with 5-6 people drafting for 32 teams .... Ive got my hands full with two teams.

Thank you. I signed a contract with a 4 hour window. I run a very busy shop. If I knew up front that there was someone who didn't have anything to do except push this to having a pick in 5 minuets I'd have never signed on.

If that's the way it's gonna go, let me KNOW NOW and I'll resign as the GM of the Jets 'cause I just can't do it. I want to pick for my team but if I can't have my allotted time then I'm out.

Just lemme know.

NOW please.

steelbtexan
03-27-2013, 11:07 PM
Thank you. I signed a contract with a 4 hour window. I run a very busy shop. If I knew up front that there was someone who didn't have anything to do except push this to having a pick in 5 minuets I'd have never signed on.

If that's the way it's gonna go, let me KNOW NOW and I'll resign as the GM of the Jets 'cause I just can't do it. I want to pick for my team but if I can't have my allotted time then I'm out.

Just lemme know.

NOW please.

4 hrs seems right. The rules aren't changing. I made an honest mistake with TexanSeminole.

That way this draft doesn't get in the way of real life/work.

mussop
03-27-2013, 11:25 PM

Just lemme know.

NOW please.

Jeez sorry I made a suggestion. Wasn't trying to piss people off. Just thought it would be easier. No big deal like corrosion said, we have a month to finish.

76Texan
03-27-2013, 11:41 PM
Quit being drama queens, guys, LOL!

Suggestions are good; don't mean we're gonna do anything we haven't agreed on (as a group).

I think RNR and the Cowboys will be on the clock at 7:00 AM,
but let steelb go over things with them (Earl and R&R) in the morning before we continue on, just because Earl will be up again (for the Steelers.)

So, steelb will make the announcement and we can go on from there; shouldn't be too much of a problem... at least I hope so!

Rock N Randy
03-28-2013, 12:43 AM
Cowboys have many remaining needs to address

DL — With the defensive shift, the Cowboys need a catalytic player — a three-down scheme-wrecker who can rush the passer, collapse the pocket and stuff the run. Anthony Spencer, who would be an end in this scheme, was franchised. That locks him up for this season, but long term the position could be in flux. The Cowboys also could use help inside too.

OLB — The Cowboys appear set with Sean Lee in the middle and Bruce Carter on the weak side (assuming they stay healthy, of course), but there is no game-changer at the other spot. A dynamic player is needed at OLB

OL — Despite making changes to four of five spots last year, more are coming. Tyron Smith is the left tackle; after that it’s a lot of unknowns. OLG Nate Livings probably will start, too, but the interior needs help at center and guard. ORT Doug Free gave up snaps to Jermey Parnell and was cut this offseason. Parnell looked OK in limited time, but do the Cowboys want him as their Week One starter? Parnell likely will receive competition. Cowboys must protect Romo too have a chance in the NFC East.
-via Yahoo sports

In the 2013 NFL Draft the Dallas Cowboys select....
Jamie Collins, LB, Southern Mississippi
Collins is the most explosive defender in the draft
Just look at his combine numbers
Once a sleeper now he has risen too day 2 selection potentially 1st RD pick.
Dallas needs a buzz player a buzz pick.
Jerry Jones needs Jamie Collins, who is the Tavon Austin of defense.
This guy is a former safety who in a few short years turned himself into a heat seeking missile at 6'3 250 lbs. Linebacker. Inside outside guy. Low high, has a huge range, can fly all over and literary jump out of his shoes.
Come April, whoever truly gets this guy is going to get one hell of a player.
Guy is committed, it shows in his play, his heart, his body/frame.

His combination of size, speed, strength, and athleticism are rare and should have him hearing his name called earlier than expected. Collins played on some poor Southern Miss teams and wasn’t surrounded by much talent. Despite that fact, he managed to produce 10 sacks during his senior campaign on an 0-12 team

Wanted to go OL but none worthy of this selection
In two short picks Dallas' defense got a whole lot better in a hurry with Vaccaro and now Collins. To add with former picks Lee Spencer Ware and Claiborne (FA addition) Carr.
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/003/015/473/JamieCollinsFansided_display_image.jpg?1362284452
http://nflsfuture.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/jamie-collins.jpg

Corrosion
03-28-2013, 01:05 AM
With the 37th pick in the 2013 TTL Mock Draft, the Bengals select:

Arthur Brown - OLB Kansas St.

Not a bad pick at all, I think Brown has a lot of talent and may slip into the first round when it's all said and done.

Yeah I thought so to. I actually considered him at 27 for the Texans and dont think it would have been a reach. His size kinda scared me off there but here in the second round for a team needing LBer help almost as bad as the Texans ...

I found it very difficult to make that choice as its a real conflict of interest with the Texans who Im also drafting for.
I hated to take away from the talent pool of a position that I may be picking from for the Texans .... Cause I really dont give a damn about the Bungles but feel obligated to do the same job for them and for the board in general as I would my Texans.
I feel like both picks Ive made thus far for Cincy have a negative effect upon the Texans ... at RT and at LB. :rake:

TexansSeminole
03-28-2013, 01:05 AM

Tomorrow will be a better day. It was just one of those crappy, only happens twice a year, kind of days. I'm just glad that another one of my picks didnt go by. I didn't get around to the computer again until late.

This mock is quite different than others I have seen. Miami has a ton of later round selections. I need to brush up on my late round guys.

beerlover
03-28-2013, 02:16 AM
Yeah I thought so to. I actually considered him at 27 for the Texans and dont think it would have been a reach. His size kinda scared me off there but here in the second round for a team needing LBer help almost as bad as the Texans ...

I found it very difficult to make that choice as its a real conflict of interest with the Texans who Im also drafting for.
I hated to take away from the talent pool of a position that I may be picking from for the Texans .... Cause I really dont give a damn about the Bungles but feel obligated to do the same job for them and for the board in general as I would my Texans.
I feel like both picks Ive made thus far for Cincy have a negative effect upon the Texans ... at RT and at LB. :rake:

Don't forget your picks for Texans as well :shades:

Corrosion
03-28-2013, 04:25 AM

Thanks for the support , we all know you would have done a much better job .... made everyone happy :sarcasm:

Señor Stan
03-28-2013, 07:08 AM
Thanks for the support , we all know you would have done a much better job .... made everyone happy :sarcasm:

Man, Corrosion TOTALLY blew the Texans 2nd round pick!

Corrosion
03-28-2013, 08:02 AM
Man, Corrosion TOTALLY blew the Texans 2nd round pick!

Im begining to wonder if ribbing me is your favorite past time. :smiliepalm:

At least you arent doing it from the sidelines .....

mussop
03-28-2013, 08:05 AM

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002330901/493899451_tropic_thunder_RDJ_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

Corrosion
03-28-2013, 09:01 AM
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002330901/493899451_tropic_thunder_RDJ_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

He'd have reached for a WR .... :corrosion:

Señor Stan
03-28-2013, 09:01 AM
Glitch in the Matrix....

I am showing up as Green Bay's GM...it is actually Mussop...

steelbtexan
03-28-2013, 10:06 AM
I haven't heard from Earl.

I believe he has things going on at work.

76Texan
03-28-2013, 10:12 AM
I haven't heard from Earl.

I believe he has things going on at work.

It happens.
Anybody with time wants to get prepared for the situation where we need to help him make the choice?

76Texan
03-28-2013, 10:19 AM
Glitch in the Matrix....

I am showing up as Green Bay's GM...it is actually Mussop...

Steelb, do you know how to edit that google document that Dutchrudder created?

For the Packers, it shows that Senor Stan is the GM; it should have been mussop.

Dutchrudder
03-28-2013, 10:20 AM
I can fix it...

Edit: and don :)

Señor Stan
03-28-2013, 10:25 AM
I can fix it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CjyhubgNTc

76Texan
03-28-2013, 10:27 AM
In the 2013 NFL Draft the Dallas Cowboys select....
Jamie Collins, LB, Southern Mississippi
Collins is the most explosive defender in the draft
Just look at his combine numbers

His combination of size, speed, strength, and athleticism are rare and should have him hearing his name called earlier than expected. Collins played on some poor Southern Miss teams and wasn’t surrounded by much talent. Despite that fact, he managed to produce 10 sacks during his senior campaign on an 0-12 team

Tons of potential, but still very raw.

This is definitely a pick for potential; risky but could pay off handsomely, IMO.

Dutchrudder
03-28-2013, 10:27 AM

lol...

So are we still waiting on Earl?

76Texan
03-28-2013, 10:28 AM

Nice compliment!

Thanks Dutch.