PDA

View Full Version : Chad Johnson wants be a Texan?

ArlingtonTexan
03-16-2013, 11:43 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/16/chad-johnson-is-on-the-comeback-trail/

Johnson tells CSNHouston.com that he wants back in. Specifically, he wants to play for the Texans. But Johnson also said that hes in no position to be picky.

TEXANRED
03-16-2013, 11:52 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/16/chad-johnson-is-on-the-comeback-trail/

Johnson tells CSNHouston.com that he wants back in. Specifically, he wants to play for the Texans. But Johnson also said that hes in no position to be picky.

I am a big fan of Chad Johnson. He made Carson Palmer look like a credible QB. He is older, lost some of that swagger that made him great. Can he get it back? Not likely. Still better than our current #2 WR.

The Pencil Neck
03-17-2013, 12:01 AM
Chad Johnson wants to play football again.

The problem is that ... he can't play anymore. Last year with the Dolphins (even before the domestic dispute thing), he was terrible. He had no discipline and he couldn't catch the ball when he was wide open.

If Tom Brady can't make you look good, then you've got a problem. If you can't be the obvious #1 WR on last year's Dolphins team WITHOUT Hartline, then you've got a very serious problem.

infantrycak
03-17-2013, 12:14 AM
Chad Johnson wants to play football again.

The problem is that ... he can't play anymore. Last year with the Dolphins (even before the domestic dispute thing), he was terrible. He had no discipline and he couldn't catch the ball when he was wide open.

Johnson didn't play any for the Dolphins. He was released the day after the first preseason game.

the wonger need food
03-17-2013, 12:15 AM
I don't see why they couldn't sacrifice one of their 90 or so offseason roster spots to give him a shot. Knowing the ultra-conservative nature of the organization, it won't happen.

There might also be a suspension looming due to his legal issues.

chicagotexan2
03-17-2013, 12:52 AM
I don't see why they couldn't sacrifice one of their 90 or so offseason roster spots to give him a shot. Knowing the ultra-conservative nature of the organization, it won't happen.

There might also be a suspension looming due to his legal issues.

The problem is he's simply washed up.

Btw your avatar is in my all time favorite top 5 on this board. That is so damn cool.

texan279
03-17-2013, 12:55 AM
From earlier today.....

Chad Johnson‏@ochocinco
Head over to @BeaucoupBAG (3102 Old Spanish Trail) Im on my way now FREE Food for first 100 fans on me!

Chad Johnson‏@ochocinco
Houston y'all know damn well I wasn't coming here without having a 1st 100 people fan dinner... y'all coming to eat before we club?

Chad Johnson‏@ochocinco
My flight to Houston is in 3 hours and I've successfully pulled my 1st all nighter since 1996...

:vincepalm::kubepalm::wadepalm::hankpalm:

texanhead08
03-17-2013, 12:55 AM
No one wants an average player with baggage. The Bengals overlooked this when Chad was putting up big numbers, but sadly he isn't capable of doing this anymore.

TexansSeminole
03-17-2013, 12:56 AM
Johnson didn't play any for the Dolphins. He was released the day after the first preseason game.

The Dolphins were on that HBO series about training camp and he couldn't catch the ball at all. He spent most of his time running his mouth with the corners, atleast from what they showed.

MEGA SWATT
03-17-2013, 01:13 AM
http://www.thedividendpig.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/JJ-Logo-square-1024x947.jpg

Interesting. What if he makes a come back here?

infantrycak
03-17-2013, 01:13 AM
Look, I am not even rooting for CJ to come to Houston but seriously Hard Knocks?

Also guys may get slower as they get older but they don't forget how to catch.

the wonger need food
03-17-2013, 01:30 AM
The problem is he's simply washed up.

Btw your avatar is in my all time favorite top 5 on this board. That is so damn cool.

Thanks.

Possibly, but they really need a team clown with Cody and Barwin fleeing town. Or maybe bring back David Anderson?

BullNation4Life
03-17-2013, 01:36 AM
Not Texans worthy...

Bob McNair's first rule...

1: Cannot hit women...

GP
03-17-2013, 01:46 AM
That guy is a walking time bomb with a sense of humor.

It still ends up exploding at the end of the day.

Needs help with the concept of reality.

mattieuk
03-17-2013, 02:29 AM
Not Texans worthy...

Bob McNair's first rule...

1: Cannot hit women...

Sounds great by me - plenty of fresh faced, fast rookies coming out of college who'd bust a gut to play for the Texans as well as Johnson.

The Pencil Neck
03-17-2013, 02:33 AM

I'm talking about that pre-season game and the practices they televised as part of the Hard Knocks program. He wasn't catching anything. And then in that first pre-season game, he ran a slant, was wide open for a first down (on third down), the ball hit him right between the numbers, and he dropped it.

Wolf6151
03-17-2013, 02:33 AM
Chad Johnson wants a pay check period. He's a joke and could care less about the Texans, he just knows we're an organization that needs WR's. NO THANK YOU.

The Pencil Neck
03-17-2013, 02:34 AM
Look, I am not even rooting for CJ to come to Houston but seriously Hard Knocks?

Also guys may get slower as they get older but they don't forget how to catch.

They might not, but it looks like he did.

Rey
03-17-2013, 02:38 AM
If he comes in super cheap we'd be crazy not to consider it.

the wonger need food
03-17-2013, 02:40 AM

He's a vet minimum at this point... money won't be the issue.

Rey
03-17-2013, 02:52 AM
He's a vet minimum at this point... money won't be the issue.

Man, where have u been? Just got out the pen?

Haven't seen the wonger need food in ages....

the wonger need food
03-17-2013, 03:05 AM
Man, where have u been? Just got out the pen?

Haven't seen the wonger need food in ages....

Appreciate the welcome. Go Texans!!!

Goodwrench3
03-17-2013, 11:14 AM
Stay away

Playoffs
03-17-2013, 11:34 AM
Stay away

Far away.

Uncle Rico
03-17-2013, 12:39 PM
I'd prefer Brandon Lloyd

bhsman
03-17-2013, 03:34 PM
No harm in having him take up one of the 90 spots during the offseason. If he can't keep his 'antics' in check, then he doesn't make the final roster.

Simple as that. Anyone who is aghast at the thought of what he brings to the team when Foster was until just recently a Twitter darling himself is a being a bit hypocritical.

Texn4life
03-17-2013, 03:38 PM
I don't understand anyone who's against letting him come in and compete. If he's not good enough then cut him. I personally don't care for the stuff he says on twitter and I follow him. Just don't care for the language he uses at times, but if the guy can still play then give him a shot. I know he'd be the second best receiver on the team now.

The Pencil Neck
03-17-2013, 03:43 PM
I don't understand anyone who's against letting him come in and compete. If he's not good enough then cut him. I personally don't care for the stuff he says on twitter and I follow him. Just don't care for the language he uses at times, but if the guy can still play then give him a shot. I know he'd be the second best receiver on the team now.

I've got nothing against letting him come in and compete. I don't care about his off-field antics, I just don't think he can play anymore. I don't want him getting a spot on the team because he could catch a few years ago and I don't want to pay him anything but vet minimum.

bhsman
03-17-2013, 03:53 PM
I've got nothing against letting him come in and compete. I don't care about his off-field antics, I just don't think he can play anymore. I don't want him getting a spot on the team because he could catch a few years ago and I don't want to pay him anything but vet minimum.

...so let him compete for a spot and pay him vet minimum at best and see how he does? I don't think anyone here who is interested in seeing him try out wants to give him a huge deal or anything.

76Texan
03-17-2013, 03:56 PM
...so let him compete for a spot and pay him vet minimum at best and see how he does? I don't think anyone here who is interested in seeing him try out wants to give him a huge deal or anything.

Just buy him a one-way peanut fare with no guaranteed money and see if he still has the speed, LOL!

Texn4life
03-17-2013, 04:06 PM

What he said..... if he can't cut it then cut his ass...... but no one can convince me that we have more than 1 receiver better than him on our roster right now.

The Pencil Neck
03-17-2013, 04:15 PM
What he said..... if he can't cut it then cut his ass...... but no one can convince me that we have more than 1 receiver better than him on our roster right now.

I think even all of our young receivers are better than him at this point.

But agree to disagree on that one.

Texn4life
03-17-2013, 04:29 PM
I think even all of our young receivers are better than him at this point.

But agree to disagree on that one.

Yeah, we are way off on this one there isn't even any point of debating it. Chad isn't in the league because he can be an idiot at times. Not because he can't play.

TexanSam
03-17-2013, 04:48 PM
Yeah, we are way off on this one there isn't even any point of debating it. Chad isn't in the league because he can be an idiot at times. Not because he can't play.

He's 35 years old and his final season with the Patriots he had 15 receptions for 276 yards. I think there's a pretty good chance he can't play anymore.

Nawzer
03-17-2013, 05:15 PM
I actually want to see this happen because of the inevitable blow up he'll have with Matt Schaub. Would love to see a Schaub vs Chad Johnson fight.

robroy72
03-17-2013, 05:35 PM
http://www.csnhouston.com/texans/andre-johnson-trying-recruit-chad-johnson

Andre seems to think it's a good idear

Tesuns
03-17-2013, 06:24 PM
If he returns punts and kickoffs.

bckey
03-17-2013, 06:57 PM
I'd prefer Brandon Lloyd

same here.

ASidd_1990
03-18-2013, 12:27 AM
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
For those tweeting and asking if Texans are interested in Chad Johnson, the answer is no. They want to get younger and faster opposite AJ.

Thank God.....Chad Johnson has been washed up for a while.

Speedy
03-18-2013, 12:44 AM
No harm in having him take up one of the 90 spots during the offseason. If he can't keep his 'antics' in check, then he doesn't make the final roster.

Simple as that. Anyone who is aghast at the thought of what he brings to the team when Foster was until just recently a Twitter darling himself is a being a bit hypocritical.

Because he'd be taking up one of the 90 roster spots.

I don't get why every time there's a name out there available, people always think we need to "kick the tires". Do you people even watch football? I'd rather have one of the 90 roster spots than this guy.

Texn4life
03-18-2013, 11:33 AM
Because he'd be taking up one of the 90 roster spots.

I don't get why every time there's a name out there available, people always think we need to "kick the tires". Do you people even watch football? I'd rather have one of the 90 roster spots than this guy.

No I never watch football at all. Its the sport where you swing a bat right?

Dutchrudder
03-18-2013, 11:42 AM
No I never watch football at all. Its the sport where you swing a bat right?

No, that's figure skating.

Texn4life
03-18-2013, 11:44 AM
No, that's figure skating.

Oh yeah..... that Michael Phelps is awesome at that.

Playoffs
03-18-2013, 11:47 AM

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
I really think Andre Johnson was being polite when asked about Ocho. They're friends. What was he supposed to say? "He's not a good fit."?

Tesuns
03-18-2013, 11:53 AM
If you asked Dre anything, more times than not, he'll say yes unless he is Finnegan. If Coach Lewis don't want him, we should stay away.

http://nesn.com/2013/03/marvin-lewis-rips-chad-johnson-randy-moss-in-explaining-his-free-agent-choices/

thunderkyss
03-18-2013, 12:15 PM

^^
This.

Some people are just plain crazy or hating. If he can't do it, he won't make it past OTAs. We all know Kubiak don't suffer fools.

If the man is truly interested in making a comeback & Smithiak talks to him, figure out where his head is at, then gives him a chance, what can we lose? His ceiling isn't as high as a young rookie's..... say Devier Posey (who's going to be out for some time anyway), but his floor may not be as low either.

If he's in shape right now... that tells us how serious he is about being a productive member of an NFL team. If he makes it through training camp, then he's still got some game. If he makes it through the preseason we should expect to see "better than Walter" type numbers. & I think that's what we want right?

If this guy has something to prove, I say we take a flyer & give him a chance.

& yes, if it were T.O. I'd say the same thing.

What does he know? Is he some kind of scout or something?

He doesn't even post on this message board.

:kitten:

cdollaz
03-18-2013, 12:43 PM
I think Haywood Jeffires is available also.

El Tejano
03-19-2013, 09:43 AM
So let me just ask this...

Why would it be a bad idea to give Chad Johnson a really low offer and come in as a camp body and have to prove himself to our team? What's the worse that can happen? He not ever play, like Jeff Maehl who keeps taking up a roster spot? Or could he come in as the 3rd receiver and actually make a contribution?

kingtexan
03-19-2013, 10:32 AM
Would rather see TO or Moss become a Texan.

ArlingtonTexan
03-19-2013, 10:39 AM
Would rather see TO or Moss become a Texan.

I would rather see none of Chad, TO, or Moss. they are old guys with names people know who may not even be average players at the moment. give me some "who the hell is he" guy who can continue to improve versus old guys trying to get an extra payday or two.

beerlover
03-19-2013, 10:42 AM
I would rather see none of Chad, TO, or Moss. they are old guys with names people know who may not even be average players at the moment. give me some "who the hell is he" guy who can continue to improve versus old guys trying to get an extra payday or two.

amen, just say no :cool:

SAMURAITEXAN
03-19-2013, 10:47 AM
If we can get him cheap, why not? And if doesn't work out, just cut him. At least he was good at one time and never know until you try him out.

Playoffs
03-19-2013, 11:02 AM
So let me just ask this...

Why would it be a bad idea to give Chad Johnson a really low offer and come in as a camp body and have to prove himself to our team? What's the worse that can happen? He not ever play, like Jeff Maehl who keeps taking up a roster spot? Or could he come in as the 3rd receiver and actually make a contribution?

Chad's last good year was 2009. 2009!

In 2011 with Tom Brady and the freaking Patriots he managed 15 catches, bring in only 48% of balls thrown his way. But you expect he'll do better here with Matt Schaub?

He's 35 years old and slow and a historically poor route runner.

He runs his mouth, chases the media, jumps in front of cameras, and brings negative attention to his team and acrimony in the locker room. He flaps his gums but can't back it up.

Add to that every rep he gets he takes one away from one of the young guys -- and there aren't a lot of reps for those kids to make their mark.

And he beats up women.

Geez. I don't get the repeated fascination will worn out, self-absorbed ex-WRs.

http://perene.blog.com/files/2012/12/tommy_lee_implied_facepalm.jpg

Double Barrel
03-19-2013, 11:10 AM
Just say no to this self-absorbed narcissistic clown. :clown:

BullNation4Life
03-19-2013, 11:23 AM
Chad's last good year was 2009. 2009!

In 2011 with Tom Brady and the freaking Patriots he managed 15 catches, bring in only 48% of balls thrown his way. But you expect he'll do better here with Matt Schaub?

He's 35 years old and slow and a historically poor route runner.

He runs his mouth, chases the media, jumps in front of cameras, and brings negative attention to his team and acrimony in the locker room. He flaps his gums but can't back it up.

Add to that every rep he gets he takes one away from one of the young guys -- and there aren't a lot of reps for those kids to make their mark.

And he beats up women.

Geez. I don't get the repeated fascination will worn out, self-absorbed ex-WRs.

http://perene.blog.com/files/2012/12/tommy_lee_implied_facepalm.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/Chuck_Norris_Approves.gif

thunderkyss
03-19-2013, 01:00 PM

If they can't play, they don't make it out of Training camp, simple as that.

drs23
03-19-2013, 01:51 PM
If they can't play, they don't make it out of Training camp, simple as that.

He can't play anymore so why let him in camp in the first place. He'll never dawn a Texans jersey. Thank goodness.

ASidd_1990
03-20-2013, 03:09 PM
Pass on him, even the Vets min. is overpaying.

I'd rather have Texans go after Julian Edelman who can also play CB in certain packages.

Brandon Lloyd would be another possibility but I think he would be out of our price range.