PDA

View Full Version : Texans re-sign OT Andrew Gardner

ASidd_1990
03-15-2013, 04:20 PM
Texans PR (@TexansPR)
The @houstontexans sign restricted free agent T Andrew Gardner

Splash! Philip Supernaw and Andrew Gardner are good kids! We're gonna battlefight with them!

76Texan
03-15-2013, 04:24 PM
Just because he ran a route doesn't make him a TE, LOL!

Just having with ya' man! :lol:

ASidd_1990
03-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Muthafugga! My damn android autocorrect! Sunnavabeech!

:wadepalm:

EllisUnit
03-15-2013, 04:29 PM
Wow now all my fears over next season have been washed away with this incredible signing :ahhaha:

76Texan
03-15-2013, 04:29 PM
Hahahaha!

robroy72
03-15-2013, 04:38 PM
Well, our jersey sales in the Mexican community will skyrocket.

Playoffs
03-15-2013, 04:41 PM
Deserves its own thread. :truck:

76Texan
03-15-2013, 04:43 PM
Deserves its own thread. :truck:

Well, at least there's some news, LOL!

htowntexans1985
03-15-2013, 04:56 PM
Those sly rascals on Kirby. I just knew they had a blockbuster move up their sleeve. :cheese:

CretorFrigg
03-15-2013, 05:18 PM
I need to get myself a Gardner jersey now. Super Bowl, baby!!

Playoffs
03-15-2013, 05:22 PM
On the Ides of March, the Texans notch a win. :splits:

Where's our trophy???

VTexan
03-15-2013, 06:09 PM
splash!!!

CloakNNNdagger
03-15-2013, 06:16 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/12659.png

Thank you to all who have supported me and made this possible. You'll be happy to know that I am working on not letting my 5.25 40 slip away from me. I'm really playing out of position. I may have hands of stone, but I can sure knock the s&*t out of anyone that comes near me........watch out Duane Brown.

SW H-TOWN
03-15-2013, 06:23 PM
:goodpost:

76Texan
03-15-2013, 06:26 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/12659.png

Thank you to all who have supported me and made this possible. You'll be happy to know that I am working on not letting my 5.25 40 slip away from me. I'm really playing out of position. I may have hands of stone, but I can sure knock the s&*t out of anyone that comes near me........watch out Duane Brown.

Hahaha; maybe Gardner can be the new clown to replace Cody.

Grams
03-15-2013, 06:34 PM
This makes my day!

GP
03-15-2013, 07:20 PM
We are all Andrew Gardner's children.

He is our father.

Dance with me tonight, around the bonfire, as we partake in the ceremony to celebrate his coronation on Kirby.

The elders' prophecy has come true. Savor the moment. Drink with me, eat with me, DANCE with me!

:ant: :roast: :stirpot:

Hervoyel
03-15-2013, 08:50 PM
http://moviemasterworks.com/blog/wp-content/PostImages/excalibur13blog.jpg

STAND BACK! Be silent! Be still!... That's it... and look upon this moment. Savor it! Rejoice with great gladness! Great gladness! Remember it always, for you are joined by it. You are One, under the stars. Remember it well, then... this night, this great victory. So that in the years ahead, you can say, 'I was there that night, with Andrew Gardner, that goofy looking guy who plays TE, or was it RT? I can't remember.'Anyway... It is the doom of men that they forget.

badboy
03-15-2013, 09:18 PM
Wow, I almost fill silly posting this could be a very significant move. He is not a starter but Gardner could become an effective swing tackle. Cheap replacement for Harris & offer Newton some plays off if knee not 100%. DG did have some good minutes at end of season.
Let's not forget the compliments Oline coaches got for their work in making players better. I am a Newton fan as most know and if he is healthy this could indicate Texans not interested in a OT in draft.

CloakNNNdagger
03-15-2013, 10:12 PM
Wow, I almost fill silly posting this could be a very significant move. He is not a starter but Gardner could become an effective swing tackle. Cheap replacement for Harris & offer Newton some plays off if knee not 100%. DG did have some good minutes at end of season.
Let's not forget the compliments Oline coaches got for their work in making players better. I am a Newton fan as most know and if he is healthy this could indicate Texans not interested in a OT in draft.

I wouldn't be feeling too secure about counting on Newton this season........at least not the first half for sure. McClain went out of his way to report that he had "major" knee surgery........that's not a "cleanup."

Corrosion
03-15-2013, 10:18 PM
The Texans* only had Brown and Newton under contract at OT that had played in an NFL game .... I expected this signing as well as at least one more at the OT spot either in FA or the draft.

SmoochyTX
03-15-2013, 11:03 PM
Hold me. I'm scared.

Corrosion
03-15-2013, 11:14 PM
Hold me. I'm scared.

Matt is that you ?! .... Just curl up in the fetal position after the snap , it'll be ok.

EllisUnit
03-15-2013, 11:17 PM
Matt is that you ?! .... Just curl up in the fetal position after the snap , it'll be ok.

Haha i thought that is what he did already anyways.

Insideop
03-15-2013, 11:26 PM
I wouldn't be feeling too secure about counting on Newton this season........at least not the first half for sure. McClain went out of his way to report that he had "major" knee surgery........that's not a "cleanup."

Has anyone heard what surgery he actually had? ACL? MCL? How long will he be out?

CloakNNNdagger
03-15-2013, 11:50 PM
Has anyone heard what surgery he actually had? ACL? MCL? How long will he be out?

Somewhat worrisome in that the Texans in the past have not been shy about describing player knee surgeries in the past.

ObsiWan
03-15-2013, 11:51 PM
http://moviemasterworks.com/blog/wp-content/PostImages/excalibur13blog.jpg

STAND BACK! Be silent! Be still!... That's it... and look upon this moment. Savor it! Rejoice with great gladness! Great gladness! Remember it always, for you are joined by it. You are One, under the stars. Remember it well, then... this night, this great victory. So that in the years ahead, you can say, 'I was there that night, with Andrew Gardner, that goofy looking guy who plays TE, or was it RT? I can't remember.'Anyway... It is the doom of men that they forget.

Repped!!
one of my favorite movies of all time.

EllisUnit
03-16-2013, 12:03 AM
Anyone have any idea how much Winston would cost to bring back ?

CloakNNNdagger
03-16-2013, 12:37 AM
Anyone have any idea how much Winston would cost to bring back ?

He signed a 4 yr $22 mill contract ast year with the Chiefs. He's not going to get that or probably anywhere close this signing with all the tackles coming to market in FA and the draft.

EllisUnit
03-16-2013, 01:55 AM
He signed a 4 yr $22 mill contract ast year with the Chiefs. He's not going to get that or probably anywhere close this signing with all the tackles coming to market in FA and the draft.

Well then they better atleast consider him, BUT knowing as how kubiak dont like to admit he is wrong they prob wont even look his way.

Corrosion
03-16-2013, 02:04 AM
Well then they better atleast consider him, BUT knowing as how kubiak dont like to admit he is wrong they prob wont even look his way.

Kubiak didnt make the decision to cut Winston - Thats on Rick Smith

Gary has a say in personel but it ultimately comes down to Smith and thats who you should blame or credit for roster moves.

EllisUnit
03-16-2013, 02:07 AM
Kubiak didnt make the decision to cut Winston - Thats on Rick Smith.

Yeah but i seriously doubt Rick just cuts guys without first talking it over/getting an opinion from our offensive guru kubiak.

I mean come on this is the same guy who while we had 1 TE and 1 FB against the pats was putting AJ in the back field and then sending him in motion, like it would fool the defense hahaha.

My point is i'm sure it was ran through Kubiak well before it was decided

Lucky
03-16-2013, 06:43 AM
1000% sure. Smith had to get Kubiak's and McNair's blessings on that one.

Corrosion
03-16-2013, 08:56 AM
Yeah but i seriously doubt Rick just cuts guys without first talking it over/getting an opinion from our offensive guru kubiak.

I mean come on this is the same guy who while we had 1 TE and 1 FB against the pats was putting AJ in the back field and then sending him in motion, like it would fool the defense hahaha.

Oh I have no doubt that it was discussed with both Kubiak and McNair .... but when you consider the facts they had little choice but to make some cuts. They had several vet min. guy's on the roster and were still up against the cap being within a couple million of the max for most of the season.

Gary was likely left with the options of losing Winston or Wade Smith and someone else adding up to Winstons dollar figure.
What do you do in that situation ? Cut one guy or multiple players ?!

As for sending players in motion , fooling the defense isnt the only goal - gathering information on the defense and coverage is just as big a part of pre-snap motion as creating favorable matchups.