PDA

View Full Version : How does it feel for Texans fans

handswarmer
02-11-2013, 07:34 AM
to watch a team you asolutely crushed during the regular season, go on a hot streak in the playoffs and won the Super Bowl?

Do you think you would have won the re-match in Reliant Stadium as well based on te way the Ravens were playing and the way the Texans tailed off at the end?

thunderkyss
02-11-2013, 11:15 AM
to watch a team you asolutely crushed during the regular season, go on a hot streak in the playoffs and won the Super Bowl?

Do you think you would have won the re-match in Reliant Stadium as well based on te way the Ravens were playing and the way the Texans tailed off at the end?

It's no different, to me, than when we beat the Colts for the first time in our history, then they go on to win the Super Bowl.

However, I can't say for sure that we would have beat the Ravens in Reliant. I'd like to think so, but like I said. We beat the Ravens once in what? 6 meetings? something like that. So it's not like it's automatic.

SheTexan
02-11-2013, 11:50 AM
It is what it is! Just proves the BEST team does not always win the SB! Not saying the Texans are better than the Ravens either. On any given gameday anything can happen in the NFL. Luck, one player has an awesome day, bad calls or NO CALLS by the refs, injuries, etc, ANYTHING can change the outcome of the game. I think it boils down to who has the best luck on any given gameday. It's that ONE awesome moment when one play makes the difference! JMO!

Your Ravens got lucky when our dumbarse GM got rid of JJ, and JJ got lucky on Feb 3, 2012. That's just the way it is. Now, he's a "hero" and will get to dance on DWTSs!!:dance3:

handswarmer
02-11-2013, 11:53 AM
It's no different, to me, than when we beat the Colts for the first time in our history, then they go on to win the Super Bowl.

However, I can't say for sure that we would have beat the Ravens in Reliant. I'd like to think so, but like I said. We beat the Ravens once in what? 6 meetings? something like that. So it's not like it's automatic.

Nice answer' APPRECIATE IT

Dutchrudder
02-11-2013, 03:01 PM
You guys should be thanking the Texans because without the asswhooping we gave you, your team would have never woken up. We poked the sleeping giant and forced you guys to take a good hard look in the mirror and figure out how to fix things. Half that Super Bowl trophy should be ours due to our contribution, so once your "elite" QB is done holding it, break out a hacksaw and ship half of it to Kubiak. Preferably the top-half but I'll leave that up to you guys.

:homer:

handswarmer
02-11-2013, 08:30 PM
You guys should be thanking the Texans because without the asswhooping we gave you, your team would have never woken up. We poked the sleeping giant and forced you guys to take a good hard look in the mirror and figure out how to fix things. Half that Super Bowl trophy should be ours due to our contribution, so once your "elite" QB is done holding it, break out a hacksaw and ship half of it to Kubiak. Preferably the top-half but I'll leave that up to you guys.

:homer:

You realize that was Week 7?

Wolf
02-11-2013, 08:46 PM
You should thank the nfl schedulers for setting y'all up to play the eagles on their home opener :truck:

If you see what I did there

TEXANRED
02-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Meh, 31 other teams didn't win the Superbowl either and I am not butt hurt about it.

thunderkyss
02-11-2013, 09:09 PM

There's a reason you fail to see the sarcasm in his post. Care to hazard a guess?

handswarmer
02-12-2013, 07:53 AM
There's a reason you fail to see the sarcasm in his post. Care to hazard a guess?

That's a heavy dose of sarcasm to stretch that point out...

deucetx
02-12-2013, 08:37 AM
Eh, I have little issue with the Ravens honestly. They are rather classy or at least they are when they play the Texans. Can't say the same when they play the Steelers and Patriots. But when they play the Texans you see Reed helping guys up, slapping them on the back/head and other respectful actions from some of their players. Even when speaking about the game before and after.

What was frustrating was watching how easily (well took effort on their part obviously) they controlled the Patriots offense. Meanwhile we looked like we were in a Chinese fire drill. We couldn't line up, guys were wide open, no adjustments from the previous matchup, etc. Ravens? They dictated to the Patriots offense and made them react to what they did on defense. Texans were the complete opposite and that bothered me when our high profile defensive coordinator. Began wondering if we even bothered watching film from the previous game.

Could we have beat them? Possibly since the game is about matchups but I lean toward 'no' because our mental state was not strong. The Ravens game was the last 'complete' game the Texans played with every facet. After that a freaking roller coaster. There's a mental part of this game that many forget and we lost it probably beginning with that Jaguars game.

DBCooper
02-12-2013, 08:42 AM
It sucks donkey balls.

Feel better?

handswarmer
02-12-2013, 10:28 AM
Eh, I have little issue with the Ravens honestly. They are rather classy or at least they are when they play the Texans. Can't say the same when they play the Steelers and Patriots. But when they play the Texans you see Reed helping guys up, slapping them on the back/head and other respectful actions from some of their players. Even when speaking about the game before and after.

What was frustrating was watching how easily (well took effort on their part obviously) they controlled the Patriots offense. Meanwhile we looked like we were in a Chinese fire drill. We couldn't line up, guys were wide open, no adjustments from the previous matchup, etc. Ravens? They dictated to the Patriots offense and made them react to what they did on defense. Texans were the complete opposite and that bothered me when our high profile defensive coordinator. Began wondering if we even bothered watching film from the previous game.

Could we have beat them? Possibly since the game is about matchups but I lean toward 'no' because our mental state was not strong. The Ravens game was the last 'complete' game the Texans played with every facet. After that a freaking roller coaster. There's a mental part of this game that many forget and we lost it probably beginning with that Jaguars game.

Nice job

handswarmer
02-12-2013, 10:28 AM
It sucks donkey balls.

Feel better?

Not really...was looking for more of an answer than that

DBCooper
02-12-2013, 10:30 AM
Not really...was looking for more of an answer than that

You asked how I felt.

Luv_ya_blue
02-12-2013, 10:38 AM
Honestly, I thought you were a pretty ok dude until you started this thread. Seemed like you only came around to voice your opinion, gloat a little and feel things out. But now that you're starting threads like this--you seem more like a troll than a genuine fan.

Season's over, you guys hoisted the trophy. Good for you. It sucks that the wheels fell off the wagon and we didn't finish like we started. But you really weren't asking for an answer. This is pretty much a rhetorical thread that should've died after the initial post.

How the crap do you think that if feels?

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/4c6e8e3f7f8b9ab11cc10d00/dumb-questions.jpg

Showtime100
02-12-2013, 10:42 AM
Let me expound on what LYB just said.......

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Emoticons/bart.gif

Hookem Horns
02-12-2013, 11:25 AM

Of course not. The Texans couldn't even beat the Vikings at home or the Colts on the road to secure home field advantage.

However what's your point? I don't recall Giants fans coming here last season running down the Texans. Probably because they are a class organization, didn't steal their team from another city and acted like they had been there before.

handswarmer
02-12-2013, 11:31 AM
Honestly, I thought you were a pretty ok dude until you started this thread. Seemed like you only came around to voice your opinion, gloat a little and feel things out. But now that you're starting threads like this--you seem more like a troll than a genuine fan.

Season's over, you guys hoisted the trophy. Good for you. It sucks that the wheels fell off the wagon and we didn't finish like we started. But you really weren't asking for an answer. This is pretty much a rhetorical thread that should've died after the initial post.

How the crap do you think that if feels?

[/IMG]

Actually, I wanted a real answer. Ater watching teams that the avens beat and thoroughly, go on to win the SB tat same year and being really frustrated by knowing that fact, I was asking an honest question.

And I was looking forward to a re-match to avenge the loss. Before that game, the playoff game was close as was the other game in Reliant when Schaub threw the pick 6 in OT.

Thats all.

handswarmer
02-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Of course not. The Texans couldn't even beat the Vikings at home or the Colts on the road to secure home field advantage.

However what's your point? I don't recall Giants fans coming here last season running down the Texans. Probably because they are a class organization, didn't steal their team from another city and acted like they had been there before.

No one is 'running down' the Texans, it was a simple question, we didn't steal anything and yes we have been there before...

Luv_ya_blue
02-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Actually, I wanted a real answer. Ater watching teams that the avens beat and thoroughly, go on to win the SB tat same year and being really frustrated by knowing that fact, I was asking an honest question.

And I was looking forward to a re-match to avenge the loss. Before that game, the playoff game was close as was the other game in Reliant when Schaub threw the pick 6 in OT.

Thats all.

Doesn't change the fact that to start a thread like this, you come across as a troll.

Hookem Horns
02-12-2013, 11:54 AM
No one is 'running down' the Texans

You're coming off that way.

we didn't steal anything

Yes you did, unless you feel the Colts weren't stolen from you by Indianapolis. Not sure what you would call it then.

and yes we have been there before...

The point was act like it.

handswarmer
02-12-2013, 06:11 PM
Doesn't change the fact that to start a thread like this, you come across as a troll.

Well lemme find a bridge to hunker down under....

handswarmer
02-12-2013, 06:12 PM
You're coming off that way.

Yes you did, unless you feel the Colts weren't stolen from you by Indianapolis. Not sure what you would call it then.

The point was act like it.

Your viewpoint; you are entitled to it

dc_txtech
02-12-2013, 06:39 PM
Never really crossed my mind other than the fact I would have much rather played Baltimore than NE in the playoffs. I was actually rooting for the Ravens the whole time and picked them to beat San Fran.

Watching the old Texans players, I don't really miss Pollard. He is a great player in the right system and tough as nails but I think he really benefits from Baltimore's defensive scheme and having Reed playing center field. I just don't think he could line up and be effective in Wade's defense.

Jacoby, I don't miss at all. He needed to be cut. Call it a change of scenery, wake up call, or whatever you will, he had some big plays for ya'll in some crucial situations but I neither miss him nor want him back.

Leach on the other hand I miss like hell. I've haven't enjoyed watching a FB as much as him since Alstott. He's the best blocking fullback in the league and he has hands made of velvet. He was a perfect fit in this system. Hindsight is 20/20 but I sure wish we had shelled out the money for that guy.

Hervoyel
02-12-2013, 07:02 PM
Why are you guys still talking to this dude and answering his questions? What possible purpose could that serve other than to continue to stroke him. I realize he's a fan of the team that won the Super Bowl but it's like he's taken up residence here to enjoy subtly gloating and sucking up all the butt-hurt and frustration before leaving. Every time he speaks I'm reminded of Eric Cartman lapping up the "delicious tears of unfathomable misery" As long as you respond with some kind of nod to how great they were he's the wonderful, friendly visiting fan (who never leaves). The moment you reply with a contrary belief he gets another boner and starts rubbing your noses in their Super Bowl win.

I just don't get it. All he does is throw bait out and you guys keep biting. The day the Texans win the Super Bowl I can tell you one thing. I'll be surrounded by Texans fans not poorly trolling the board of some other team.

Texan_Bill
02-12-2013, 07:48 PM

It absolutely effing sucks!!

"Next question?"

Texan_Bill
02-12-2013, 07:51 PM
Why are you guys still talking to this dude and answering his questions? What possible purpose could that serve other than to continue to stroke him. I realize he's a fan of the team that won the Super Bowl but it's like he's taken up residence here to enjoy subtly gloating and sucking up all the butt-hurt and frustration before leaving. Every time he speaks I'm reminded of Eric Cartman lapping up the "delicious tears of unfathomable misery" As long as you respond with some kind of nod to how great they were he's the wonderful, friendly visiting fan (who never leaves). The moment you reply with a contrary belief he gets another boner and starts rubbing your noses in their Super Bowl win.

I just don't get it. All he does is throw bait out and you guys keep biting. The day the Texans win the Super Bowl I can tell you one thing. I'll be surrounded by Texans fans not poorly trolling the board of some other team.

Alas, still in mourning!

I just don't get it. All he does is throw bait out and you guys keep biting. The day the Texans win the Super Bowl I can tell you one thing. I'll be surrounded by Texans fans not poorly trolling the board of some other team

While I understand and mostly agree with this, don't think for a minute that I won't throw caca in Tinnbred fan's face. ;)

The best part for me? The Ravens will way overpay for Flacco.

Textan
02-12-2013, 08:56 PM
Cream rises to the top. The whooping the Texans put upon the Ravens during the regular season was irrelevant in the long run. Texans would not have won the rematch, I have no doubt about that. Texans had been in a funk really since they squeaked two over time wins against the Jaguars and the Lions.
SB champs seem to rise in the playoff's. Texans had been in a free fall for a long time.

Showtime100
02-13-2013, 08:07 AM

It's kind of fun if you ask me. Maybe it wouldn't be so much fun if I took as serious as you seem to. It's the offseason and and I can only read so many threads that say the same thing by the same people in the NSZ.

Good old fashioned football bitterness has been hard to find since our dear friend Blazing Arrow passed (may you RIP my friend) and the Titans have gone south.

Sure, this handswarmer dude is a weazel for making this thread but this is more fun than the NSZ anyday.

Handswarmer, I've got your handswarmer right here, but I'd never call myself one. :bat:

handswarmer
02-13-2013, 09:06 AM

Not sure why you take the whole thing so serious; it is a discussion board, is it not? Snce I am no a Texan fan, I should leave theday after my team plays yours?

Is this the modern version of the "HE MAN WOMAN HATER"S CLUB"?

handswarmer
02-13-2013, 09:08 AM
It's kind of fun if you ask me. Maybe it wouldn't be so much fun if I took as serious as you seem to. It's the offseason and and I can only read so many threads that say the same thing by the same people in the NSZ.

Good old fashioned football bitterness has been hard to find since our dear friend Blazing Arrow passed (may you RIP my friend) and the Titans have gone south.

Sure, this handswarmer dude is a weazel for making this thread but this is more fun than the NSZ anyday.

Handswarmer, I've got your handswarmer right here, but I'd never call myself one. :bat:

You are welcome, my friend.

And yuo are the first person to understand the gist of my Screen name which is a play off my real name...

Thorn
02-13-2013, 09:14 AM
Offseason? :thinking:

Dutchrudder
02-13-2013, 10:37 AM

Yes, that's part of the joke. I thought cutting the trophy in half and shipping it to Kubiak would have been enough of a tipoff that I didn't need the sarcasm smiley. :fingergun:

As for the thread in general, this is the smack talk subforum, so I don't have a problem with it. It's here to talk smack and agitate other fans with a good ribbing. No reason to call the guy a troll for gloating about winning the Super Bowl. I'm sure if the Texans win one, the Cowboys and our division rival's boards will be rife with these kinds of threads rubbing it in their faces. It's just the nature of fandom. As long as people aren't attacking each other personally, it's all in good fun. Ignore it if you can't take the heat.

Hervoyel
02-13-2013, 11:31 AM
:backsout:You know what? My mistake. Honestly, it really was.

I tend to see threads on the front "Forums" page and sometimes mistakenly click on one that leads to the smack talk forum, assuming that it's in the National Football League forum. I don't normally participate in this forum and usually when I do this I catch that I'm now in here and back out. I think smack talk is pointless, Disliked Blazing Arrow intensely, and take the entire "thing" far too seriously (for good or ill) to do this. This time I didn't notice that it was in the smack talk forum until later.

By all means, enjoy your conversation. My mistake.

Luv_ya_blue
02-13-2013, 11:42 AM
:backsout:You know what? My mistake. Honestly, it really was.

I tend to see threads on the front "Forums" page and sometimes mistakenly click on one that leads to the smack talk forum, assuming that it's in the National Football League forum. I don't normally participate in this forum and usually when I do this I catch that I'm now in here and back out. I think smack talk is pointless, Disliked Blazing Arrow intensely, and take the entire "thing" far too seriously (for good or ill) to do this. This time I didn't notice that it was in the smack talk forum until later.

By all means, enjoy your conversation. My mistake.
I think it was moved into this forum.
But I could be mistaken.

handswarmer
02-13-2013, 03:45 PM
I think it was moved into this forum.
But I could be mistaken.

Prtty sure I started it here.

Vinny
02-13-2013, 03:52 PM

I just checked the thread history...you did.

Luv_ya_blue
02-13-2013, 08:02 PM

Wasn't accusing, just couldn't remember.

In any event, mods could we change the title of this thread to: The All-Encompassing Handswarmer Stupid Crap Thread?

No? Ok, cool

handswarmer
02-14-2013, 05:44 AM
Wasn't accusing, just couldn't remember.

In any event, mods could we change the title of this thread to: The All-Encompassing Handswarmer Stupid Crap Thread?

No? Ok, cool

:overreact:

Tailgate
02-14-2013, 08:42 AM
Doesn't feel like anything at all. All it says is that all you have to do is make the playoffs, and then its anybodys game.