PDA

View Full Version : Polian on AFC South's top free agents

srrono
02-05-2013, 01:38 PM
He divided them into three tiers:

A Players: Worth paying big, starter-caliber money.
B Players: Guys I would sign but only if the value made sense.
C Players: Guys I'd sign for low-salary, short-term (one or two years) value, with low bonuses.

Let’s look at how Polian views free-agents-to-be coming out of the AFC South. Obviously he's got some special insight, and regard, for the Colts on this list:

A Players:

Titans TE Jared Cook

Polian: “I think he'll command some money based on his potential.”

Kuharsky: Polian mentions Cook as a franchise possibility, and I suspect that is what will happen.

Jaguars FB Greg Jones

Polian: “Can he pass a physical? And is he affordable? He is one of the few FBs who can carry the ball and do it well.”

Kuharsky: Both Super Bowl teams used fullbacks, but it’s still a position that’s fading.

Colts OLB Dwight Freeney

Polian: “I see Freeney as a fit in a Wide-9 scheme or as a 4-3 DE. I believe he still has a lot of talent, but age is definitely a concern.”

Kuharsky: He’s going to want more years than he’s going to be able to get.

Texans S Glover Quin

Polian: “If you want a safety to play man, cover ground, and go up and play in the nickel on the line of scrimmage, this is a guy who does all of that well.”

Kuharsky: Like Polian, I think the Texans will make a big push to keep Quin in Houston

Full Story (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/46993/polian-on-afc-souths-top-free-agents)

srrono
02-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Barwin not listed at all makes me think HOU can sign him to a reasonable contract. If HOU wants to resign him.

IDEXAN
02-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Barwin not listed at all makes me think HOU can sign him to a reasonable contract. If HOU wants to resign him.
Or that Houston will be unwilling to match an unreasonably high contract offer from one or more of the 31 other teams in the league ?

rolyat93
02-05-2013, 03:18 PM
Quin is the #1 priority, really the only priority for the Texans to re-sign imo.

Not to say we should kick Barwin out but I don't think they should strain themselves trying to keep him.

Playoffs
02-05-2013, 03:27 PM
I've said before, I'd love to snake Cook from the Tacks. He's unhappy there.

htownfan32
02-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Oh God, if this team keeps Barwin and loses Quin... -_-
I don't really want Barwin on this team. I'm looking OLB in the draft again, but not necessarily at round 1 or 2...

Section516
02-05-2013, 03:46 PM
I've said before, I'd love to snake Cook from the Tacks. He's unhappy there.

Or M. Bennett from the Giants. Both same athletically, or near it.

HOU-TEX
02-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Polian's always been overrated to me

:includeme:

Stemp
02-05-2013, 04:42 PM
Or M. Bennett from the Giants. Both same athletically, or near it.

I think Bennett might be distracted if he came back home.

TheRealJoker
02-05-2013, 06:41 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Braman get more meaningful OLB snaps next season if that means we have the money for GQ.