PDA

View Full Version : DET waived Titus Young today

srrono
02-04-2013, 03:03 PM
Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
Per @ttwentyman, the #Lions will release WR Titus Young. Young had 33 catches for 383 yards and 4 TDs in 10 games in 2012. 48-607-6 in '11.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/04/lions-waste-no-time-in-parting-ways-with-titus-young/

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-lions/titus-young/
Base Bonus Cap hit
2013 555,000 452,500 - 1,007,500
2014 645,000 452,500 - 1,097,500
2015 FA

At this low a salary I would grab him and if doesn't show a turn in attitude just cut him later

Look at what CIN did with Vontaze Burfict

Put in a claim for Young.Best case scenario? Has chip on shoulder & excels. At worst cut him.

Vinny
02-04-2013, 03:04 PM
total headcase...quit on the team. Don't want him.

Playoffs
02-04-2013, 03:06 PM
No!

Deliberately did things on the field to harm his team.

Hookem Horns
02-04-2013, 03:07 PM

Sounds like that other Young guy.

deucetx
02-04-2013, 03:08 PM

Nailed it in one. When a guy deliberately lines up incorrectly like some five year old child have a temper tantrum I don't think we should touch that with a ten foot pole.

Vinny
02-04-2013, 03:10 PM
classic dufus quote by Young...“Like I said I never been selfish but if I’m not going to get the football I don’t want to play anymore.”

- Titus Young

Dutchrudder
02-04-2013, 03:10 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Patriots pick him up. He has talent, but he needs a good coach to reel him in and keep him focused.

Or maybe he will go to the Bengals or Jets and just turn into an even bigger turd.

srrono
02-04-2013, 03:16 PM
All I know is the Texans need play makers at WR I am not against drafting WR pulling in vets trading for a WR or even taking a chance on Young as the didstick he is. Right now HOU should be desperate for talent at WR. #KeepNoStoneUnturned

Rey
02-04-2013, 04:13 PM
I'd at least kick the tires on this.

srrono
02-04-2013, 04:15 PM
Jeff Risdon
@JeffRisdon
Lead editor at DetroitLionsDraft. Sr. NFL writer at RealGM. Diehard Cavs fan. Metalhead. Father of two. Vballer. OhioU grad.
Friendswood, TX · detroitlionsdraft.com

Jeff Risdon ‏@JeffRisdon
Only two places where Titus Young makes sense: Houston and Seattle. HOU b/c he'll get 100+ targets he wants, SEA b/c the Carroll culture 1/2

Jeff Risdon ‏@JeffRisdon
2/2 but he's a real misfit in Texans locker room & not sure he'd like the demands of facing those CBs in practice everyday

GP
02-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Oh sure. He'd play REAL nice with the two knuckleheads he would need to rely on the most: Kubiak the play caller and Schaub the Quarterback.

I'm sure he would snap within the first game he played here.

If he's THAT bad now, wait til he gets a load of how a WR who is Texans Worthy would be expected to work. LMAO! :chef:

thunderkyss
02-04-2013, 04:30 PM
I think the kids got talent & we need talent at the position. I'd like to get a vet because I think Kubiak will demand too much off the field behavior stuff before he'll let them on the field. I doubt that would be much different with this guy. Seems like he has some growing up to do & unless he can convince the FO he's willing to grow up fast & put in the work (I really don't know what his work ethic is)..... well he's just not going to get on the field.

srrono
02-04-2013, 04:44 PM
Scott Bischoff ‏@Bischoff_Scott
I have nothing to back this up other than a hunch. Lions WR Titus Young has an imbalance and is currently resisting or not getting treatment

I believe the Titus Young situation is similar to Brandon Marshall. Marshall would not be in the NFL today unless he recognized his problems

And that's the lesson for Titus. Brandon Marshall has given him a blueprint, lets see if he can recognize it and take a similar path.

CloakNNNdagger
02-04-2013, 05:01 PM
Purposely lining up in the wrong position during multiple plays in one game? You would not find anything T. O. or Ocho Cinco has done all that shocking......unless they would have managed to pull something so egregious to the game of football as Young has. Wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.......make that a 20 foot pole. FootballOutsiders ranked him 39th in DVOA (Defense-Adjusted Value Over Average)......right behind Kevin Walters at 38. He also averaged an embarassing 0.94 yards after catch..........5th worst among receivers active on more than 25% of offensive snaps. Jock itch comes to mind.:hankpalm:

gwallaia
02-04-2013, 05:09 PM
This dude is a quitter and a loser. I do not want to see him in a Texans uniform.

srrono
02-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Purposely lining up in the wrong position during multiple plays in one game? You would not find anything T. O. or Ocho Cinco has done all that shocking......unless they would have managed to pull something so egregious to the game of football as Young has. Wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.......make that a 20 foot pole. FootballOutsiders ranked him 39th in DVOA (Defense-Adjusted Value Over Average)......right behind Kevin Walters at 38. He also averaged an embarassing 0.94 yards after catch..........5th worst among receivers active on more than 25% of offensive snaps. Jock itch comes to mind.:hankpalm:

Kid has talent needs help. I am reading rumors that he has a Bi-polar disorder

CloakNNNdagger
02-04-2013, 05:13 PM
The lining up problems wasn't the first incident with Young. Young was banned earlier last year from OTAs after sucker-punching a vet on the team. Just what we need for our "chemistry."

TEXANRED
02-04-2013, 05:14 PM
Hell no! I'd sooner take David Carr back than Young.

CloakNNNdagger
02-04-2013, 05:37 PM
Kid has talent needs help. I am reading rumors that he has a Bi-polar disorder

If he were, and shear sociopathy is more likely........he is not an established Brandon Marshal. Young's past actions fit more the diagnosis of sociopath. Sociopathic disorder is a personality disorder, and bipolar disease is a mood disorder. There is good research that points to the fact that bipolar is a grossly over diagnosed conditioned, misdiagnosed for sociopathy, which does not respond to medication or other therapies.........which explains why so many "bipolars" do not respond to proper treatment regimens.

Besides, bipolarity is not typically a "give him a pill and he'll be fine." It takes an element of maturity to understand your problem and the need for both ongoing therapy and medication and monitoring.......something that can take years to accomplish in many cases. The Texans are not of the makeup that they can afford a "project" like this while trying to keep it together themselves........believe me.

Bulls on Parade
02-04-2013, 09:31 PM
All the young kid does on the field is score Touchdowns in limited opportunities and would be a huge upgrade for a playoff contender lacking depth at the position. He's young and talented. I think he's worth a chance at picking up for cheap. I'd hate to see him land with one of our rivals in the AFC.

Wolf6151
02-05-2013, 01:56 AM
NO, the other 31 teams can fight over him. He's got no business in a Texans uniform.

steelbtexan
02-05-2013, 02:46 AM
Young = Royce White

Nutcase = Pass

CloakNNNdagger
02-05-2013, 08:41 AM
THIS is who you would want on YOUR team???

A second-round pick out of Boise State in 2011, Young, 23, fell out of favor with the Lions this season after repeated acts of insubordinate behavior.

He was sent home by the organization three times in a seven-month span starting last May, when he punched teammate Louis Delmas during off-season workouts.

In a November loss to the Green Bay Packers, Young purposely lined up in the wrong spot on the field, and after returning to the team following a week’s absence he was sent home for good when his presence became a distraction in the locker room.

A game-changing talent whose behavior issues date back to at least his time in college, Young’s problems last season stemmed in part from the fact that he thought he wasn’t getting the ball enough.

His on-field meltdown against the Packers, when he lashed out at former receivers coach Shawn Jefferson on his way off the field, came two weeks after the first 100-yard game of his career.

E.C. Robinson, Young’s high school coach, said Young came to his house on Christmas and the two talked about his problems with the Lions.

“He did tell me he thought he was just as good Megatron,” Robinson recalled late last month. “I said, ‘Titus, come on.’ I said, ‘Come on, man. Who you talking to?’ I said, ‘Come on, you’re as good as that guy? This guy is the real deal.’ And he really believes this. And he was sincere about it. ‘Ah man, I’m better than him.’ I said, ‘No you’re not. Be real man. Come on.’ So I don’t know, I’m hoping for the best for him.”

Robinson and some of Young’s other former coaches, including ex-Boise State assistant Brent Pease, now at Florida, have reached out to Young recently with no success. REST OF STORY (http://www.freep.com/article/20130204/SPORTS01/130204062/detroit-lions-cut-titus-young)

GP
02-05-2013, 08:49 AM
In the show The Sopranos, the therapist says Tony is a sociopath.

Sociopaths are inherently destructive people who seek to undo others for their own personal gain. It is not a chemical imbalance, it's a SOUL issue. The Bible says we have a SOUL and we have a SPIRIT.

The SPIRIT is the Godly part of us, and the SOUL is the earthly part of us. Our soul stays here, our spirit goes...well, to one place or another if you know what I mean. The soul can rule over the spirit if you let it...which is what the Bible refers to as "being fleshly" in our actions.

In cases like Vince Young and Titus Young, you have two persons who for whatever their reasons have decided to let their soul win the battle for their character. Both of them are sociopaths in the sense that they seek to burn things down around them so that they can remain above the rubble.

You don't want a guy like Titus Young on your team. He's too far gone. And even if he were to suddenly claim he's ready to turn it around? Yeah, let him try it with another team first...because at his age, those habits are pretty much ingrained into your psyche. You're made. It's solidified. Unless you have a massive epiphany and revelation one day, and let's face it...those are few and far between.

My two cents.

CloakNNNdagger
02-05-2013, 09:55 AM
Here's a Dec 2012 article that chronicles Young's problems dating back to high school. I found it interesting that he is the son of two ordained ministers.

Detroit Lions WR Titus Young's Chronic Character Issues (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/971593-detroit-lions-wr-titus-youngs-chronic-character-issues)

Playoffs
02-05-2013, 10:51 AM
If he were, and shear sociopathy is more likely........he is not an established Brandon Marshal. Young's past actions fit more the diagnosis of sociopath. Sociopathic disorder is a personality disorder, and bipolar disease is a mood disorder. There is good research that points to the fact that bipolar is a grossly over diagnosed conditioned, misdiagnosed for sociopathy, which does not respond to medication or other therapies.........which explains why so many "bipolars" do not respond to proper treatment regimens.

Besides, bipolarity is not typically a "give him a pill and he'll be fine." It takes an element of maturity to understand your problem and the need for both ongoing therapy and medication and monitoring.......something that can take years to accomplish in many cases. The Texans are not of the makeup that they can afford a "project" like this while trying to keep it together themselves........believe me.

His poor impulse control certainly speaks to a personality disorder, although I'm not sure I'd label him a sociopath just yet. Perhaps Narcissistic PD? I agree that bipolar doesn't fit. Marshall is diagnosed Borderline Personality Disorder.

Whatever, the Texans should never be interested in "kicking the tires" on any player who exhibits these types of behaviors. They're team distractors/team killers.

CloakNNNdagger
02-05-2013, 11:15 AM
His poor impulse control certainly speaks to a personality disorder, although I'm not sure I'd label him a sociopath just yet. Perhaps Narcissistic PD? I agree that bipolar doesn't fit. Marshall is diagnosed Borderline Personality Disorder.

Whatever, the Texans should never be interested in "kicking the tires" on any player who exhibits these types of behaviors. They're team distractors/team killers.

Just like Young has obviously demonstrated throughout his life, a sociopath has no need to be validated by others. Unlike someone with a narcissistic personality disorder, a sociopath has no underlying neediness for others' approval. His remorseless behavior does not come from a deep insecurity, like someone with a narcissist personality disorder. Instead, he wants to exploit others simply for his entertainment and amusement.

I agree whole-heartedly with your final conclusion

b0ng
02-05-2013, 11:20 AM
I am sorry but Matt Schaub and Gary Kubiak haven't been brought up enough in this thread to warrant it as a real Texans Talk Offseason Thread®. Maybe a couple more pages will bring more replies badmouthing players and coaches on a football team that was 12-4 last year.

HJam72
02-05-2013, 11:39 AM
I am sorry but Matt Schaub and Gary Kubiak haven't been brought up enough in this thread to warrant it as a real Texans Talk Offseason Thread®. Maybe a couple more pages will bring more replies badmouthing players and coaches on a football team that was 12-4 last year.

The reason this guy, who's better than Megatron :stonecold:, will never come to this team is because of Gary Kubiak and Matt Schaub. :fingergun:

HOU-TEX
02-05-2013, 03:34 PM
The Rams grab him

Adam Caplan‏@caplannfl

The Rams claimed WR Titus Young off waivers from the Lions, according to @JasonLaCanfora.

michaelm
02-05-2013, 03:45 PM
The Rams grab him

Jeff Fisher, yup, makes complete sense.

Dutchrudder
02-05-2013, 03:47 PM

Stupid Smithiak, should have traded up the waiver wire to get him!!! GAWD WE NEED A REAL GM AND COACH!!!

Better?

CloakNNNdagger
02-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Jeff Fisher, yup, makes complete sense.

Yeh, it really worked out with his last Young, didn't it? Of course, there aren't that many more expectations for the Rams 2013 season than there were for last season.

toronto
02-05-2013, 03:56 PM
I wouldnt have touched this guy with a 10 foot pole.

Surprised that Fisher picked him up after the way Young shredded his friend Schwartz.

IDEXAN
02-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Would Gary Kubiak be willing to sign a player to his team who actually one time sabotaged a former team & teammates on the field of play ? Get serious.

PapaL
02-05-2013, 06:19 PM
I'd bring him in. Not much to lose. Hell hook him up w Royce White and they can do group counseling. A change of scenery might be what this guy needs. We have excellent leaders and a team of role models to help guide him.

CloakNNNdagger
02-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Evidently Young was all dressed, and had nowhere to go.............except St. Louis. NONE of the other 31 teams even bothered to put in a waiver claim.

Mike Garafolo of USA Today first reported, and PFT has confirmed, that the Rams were the only team to put in a waiver claim for Young today.

When the Lions placed Young on waivers, every NFL team had the opportunity to put in a claim for him, and there’s really no cost associated with having him: If he causes problems or just doesn’t look like a good fit with the team, you can cut him at any point before the start of the regular season without taking a financial hit.

That would seem to make him a tempting player to claim, because Young is a talented receiver: He was a starter for most of his first two seasons after the Lions took him in the second round of the 2011 NFL draft, and he caught 81 passes for 990 yards and 10 touchdowns in 26 games. A 23-year-old who has the proven ability to produce in the passing game like that doesn’t become available very often.

But the risk with Young is that he’ll cause real problems for a team: Young wasn’t just your run-of-the-mill problem child, the kind of guy who shows up late to practice or falls asleep in meetings. Young’s issues included punching a teammate at practice and purposely lining up in the wrong place during a game because he was mad that the Lions’ coaches weren’t calling plays in which he was the primary receiver. A player like that can really damage a team.

So Rams coach Jeff Fisher is taking on a real risk by acquiring Young. A risk that 31 other coaches didn’t want to take.link (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/05/rams-were-only-team-that-wanted-titus-young/)

I'll take on Vegas that this season, Jeff is more likely to punch out Titus before Titus knows what hit him.:goodpost:

thunderkyss
02-06-2013, 08:44 AM
I don't know how this will turn out for Fisher, but his chances of success are much better there than here. I can see Fischer putting this kid in his place, Gary not so much even though I hear he's a real cutthroat in your face don't want to cross him kind of guy on the practice field.

Most likely Fisher is going to fail but really what's he got to lose? Its not like Titus can unravel years of work.

Hervoyel
02-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Thread title should have read "NFL waived Titus Young today" but then the Rams had to go screw it up.

Vinny
02-06-2013, 12:03 PM
Ever since Fisher passed on Randy Moss and took Kevin Dyson he has found a way to hire a malcontent at least once a year.

dc_txtech
02-06-2013, 05:36 PM
I always like to click on these threads and count how many posts until someone suggests we should give him a chance. No matter the player it always happens eventually.

drs23
02-06-2013, 06:59 PM
I always like to click on these threads and count how many posts until someone suggests we should give him a chance. No matter the player it always happens eventually.

You're still waiting 'cause I ain't doin' it. :turtle:

dc_txtech
02-06-2013, 10:43 PM
You're still waiting 'cause I ain't doin' it. :turtle:

I ain't waitin. Didn't take past the first post. :bender:

Vinny
02-15-2013, 01:23 PM
The Rams have officially announced the hiring of defensive coordinator Tim Walton. But the tenure of wide receiver Titus Young is over before it started.

League sources have confirmed earlier reports out of Detroit that Young will be cut by the Rams — just nine days after being claimed on waivers by St. Louis from the Lions.

Young had been at Rams Park just a couple of days this week — meeting team coaches and officials, taking a physical, etc. Apparently, that was enough for the Rams to decide it wasn’t going to work. http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-report/article_c4db9c0b-d74e-52a7-a7bb-ee765c7094d4.html#.UR6FfAmPKX4.twitter

thunderkyss
02-15-2013, 01:30 PM
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-report/article_c4db9c0b-d74e-52a7-a7bb-ee765c7094d4.html#.UR6FfAmPKX4.twitter

Sounds like a winner to me. We should snatch him up.

CloakNNNdagger
02-15-2013, 02:03 PM
Fisher: Are you serious in trying to rehabilitate your sociopathic ways?

Young: Sure.

Fisher: Good, we have you scheduled tomorrow for the first of your series of electroshock therapy sessions.

Young: Ain't gonna happen!

Fisher: Don't let the door hit you in the ass!

More likely, the decision made in this short a period of time, the Rams have had a chance to evaluated his knee, and indeed it requires surgery which he still has not had.

Rotoworld Jan 2
Lions GM Martin Mayhew said Titus Young has yet to undergo knee surgery after he was placed on injured reserve in the first week of December. Head coach Jim Schwartz threw a jab at Young as he was placed on the injured list, saying that the receiver would undergo surgery "unless he doesn't show up for it." So, he either didn't show up or it has yet to be scheduled.

chicagotexan2
02-15-2013, 09:19 PM
That was a quickie relationship.

Playoffs
02-15-2013, 09:54 PM
That's gonna smart.

Fisher will date damn near anybody.

Wolf
05-07-2013, 10:33 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ex-lion-young-arrested-two-014050989--nfl.html
Former Detroit Lions wide receiver Titus Young was arrested twice in 15 hours on Sunday in southern California.
According to a Moreno Valley Police Department report, Young arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence after he made an illegal left turn in front of a patrol vehicle at 12:01 a.m. Sunday. Young was booked into jail and received a citation before he was released.
That afternoon, Young was spotted jumping a fence at a tow company where his Ford Mustang was impounded and arrested for burglary when police determined he was trying to retrieve his car. He again was booked into jail.

Playoffs
05-07-2013, 11:28 PM
Wouldn't hurt to bring him in and kick the tires on him.

It's not like he got arrested three times in a 24 hour period. :kitten:

PapaL
05-08-2013, 03:58 PM
And his NFL career is officially over. Some team in a different league might take a chance on him, I hear the Omaha Beef are looking for a QB and probably a WR. Besides that I don't see any team in the NFL giving him the time of day.

Fili
05-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Arrested twice in one day. Definitely not going to make a team. If he had a better mentality he'd be a great WR. Too bad he's not focused enough.

thunderkyss
05-08-2013, 09:03 PM
Wouldn't hurt to bring him in and kick the tires on him.

It's not like he got arrested three times in a 24 hour period. :kitten:

Agreed. We could use a few players willing to take the ball from the other team.... uh... maybe we can put him on defense.

Hervoyel
05-08-2013, 10:11 PM
I keep forgetting that this thread is from February.

When I read the title I keep thinking Detroit waived him again, just to make sure everyone was clear that this guy wasn't a Lion.

Fred
05-08-2013, 10:36 PM
He's got to be thinking "How many more times do I have to get arrested for the Bengals to call?"

The Pencil Neck
05-09-2013, 02:37 PM
He's got to be thinking "How many more times do I have to get arrested for the Bengals to call?"

:bravo:

HOU-TEX
05-10-2013, 11:24 AM
I keep forgetting that this thread is from February.

When I read the title I keep thinking Detroit waived him again, just to make sure everyone was clear that this guy wasn't a Lion.

Ha, this reminds me of duck hunting with my son before he went into the Marines last year. It seemed like every bird I'd hit, he'd shoot it again on the way down. His reasoning was so he wouldn't have to get in the boat to chase them if they were just wounded.

Crazy kid, lol

ChampionTexan
05-12-2013, 01:32 PM

And the answer he came up with was "At least one more time":
For the third time in a week, former Lions wide receiver Titus Young is in trouble with the law.

Young was arrested around 11:30 p.m. Friday in San Clemente, Calif. after police say he broke into a home on the 3700 block of Calle Casino, according to Lt. Joe Balicki of the Orange County Sheriff's Department.

When officers arrived at the home, Young fled on foot, and after a brief pursuit, he fought with the officers, Balicki said Sunday.

"There was a brief struggle," he said. "He wanted to fight with the deputies. They ended up subduing him."

Young has been charged with burglary, assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest. As of 1 p.m. Sunday, he was still in custody with bail set at $75,000.

LINK (http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130512/SPORTS0101/305120346)

ObsiWan
05-12-2013, 01:35 PM
at the risk of being labeled
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhhTvO7gFepVym8yHfVCnrgNyZAgdWT UcPw6Cd5JRacp62PxDE9w
this dude has serious issues!

infantrycak
05-12-2013, 01:41 PM
When officers arrived at the home, Young fled on foot, and after a brief pursuit, he fought with the officers, Balicki said Sunday.

Who wants a WR who can't outrun police officers?

Goatcheese
05-12-2013, 06:41 PM
How to ruin your life in 10 days or less. I don't understand what makes people flame out like this.

thunderkyss
05-12-2013, 09:24 PM

And the answer he came up with was "At least one more time":

LINK (http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130512/SPORTS0101/305120346)

Somebody's got to have Marvin Lewis in a straight jacket. Surely he's chomping (champing?) at the bit right now.

Wolf
05-12-2013, 09:34 PM
How to ruin your life in 10 days or less. I don't understand what makes people flame out like this.

I am to the point of "do you arrest him or study him"?

ObsiWan
05-12-2013, 09:47 PM
I am to the point of "do you arrest him or study him"?
Sedate him.

Playoffs
05-12-2013, 10:45 PM
I am to the point of "do you arrest him or study him"?Sedate him.Both. Seems like this dude has deeper issues.

TexanSam
05-13-2013, 11:58 AM
So I think it's safe to say I won't be drafting him in fantasy football this year.

Fred
05-13-2013, 12:52 PM

OUCH! Good point! Although the police can be tricky. They might have tripped him with a doughnut box.

The Pencil Neck
05-13-2013, 02:03 PM
OUCH! Good point! Although the police can be tricky. They might have tripped him with a doughnut box.

They threw Krispy Kremes at him. He had to stop to pick them up after he dropped them.

Wolf6151
05-13-2013, 02:06 PM

You might outrun the Police Officer, but your not going to outrun Motorola.

Playoffs
05-13-2013, 08:56 PM
Both. Seems like this dude has deeper issues.
His father has come out to confirm Titus has a brain condition of some sort.

Txn_in_Oki
05-14-2013, 09:40 AM

He doesn't have one?

ESAD2-14
05-14-2013, 08:10 PM

Brain condition, seems to be the flavor of the decade when someone f-cks up. That excuse is seriously getting played out. Look hard enough and most people have brain conditions of some sort.

Goatcheese
05-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Brain condition, seems to be the flavor of the decade when someone f-cks up. That excuse is seriously getting played out. Look hard enough and most people have brain conditions of some sort.

Maybe that explains the state of modern society.

Wolf6151
05-18-2013, 12:22 AM

He has a brain condition alright, it's called poor decision making syndrome.

CloakNNNdagger
05-18-2013, 08:45 AM
In the court filing, The Press-Enterprise reported, Maldonado claims that Young often would begin inexplicably talking to himself and would go on walks without returning home. She also accuses Young of taking their son to San Diego without telling her, which led her to file a missing persons report.link (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/titus-young-former-girlfriend-files-restraining-order-051713)

Classic finding specifically in schizophrenia.......a condition where a person cannot tell what is real from what is imagined........a psychotic condition that cannot be cured, and can seldom be controlled with meds or counseling for all but shorter periods of time...........especially since they are not able to understand the concept of their ongoing need for treatment.

Whoever chooses to take him on will likely waste 90% of team attention and effort in trying to constantly keep a still questionable NFL talent in line.

ObsiWan
05-18-2013, 09:08 AM
Can the quasi-structure of football help??
When that is taken away - has been taken away - will the psychological issues take over...??

CloakNNNdagger
05-18-2013, 09:28 AM
Can the quasi-structure of football help??
When that is taken away - has been taken away - will the psychological issues take over...??

The problem is that "quasi-structured football" vs. outside of football are are still both "realities".............something that schizophrenics have virtually no ability to adjust to.

Playoffs
05-18-2013, 09:31 AM
The utter confusion about this story, in some ways, can be symbolized by a conversation Young's father told the Detroit News he had with his son, not long before he would be on the run from police. Father and son were talking while Titus lay on the bed, and while crying, made a confession.

"Daddy, I don't know what's going on with me. I don't feel good. I just don't feel good. I'm not myself, I don't feel good, Dad. I don't know what's happening to me."
Richard says his son was prescribed Seroquel, an antipsychotic drug used to treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, but Young stopped using it.
What exactly happened with Young? Did his brain go haywire or is Young simply a criminal? Did a violent hit, or series of them, start Young's slide, or was he mentally ill before that, and the slide was inevitable, no matter what happened on the field?

Dr. Ben Wedro, a physician who writes frequently about sports medical issues, says Young's apparent mental issues likely begins somewhere in the frontal lobe of his brain. This part of the mind helps decide between right and wrong.

"Is Mr. Young's change in behavior due to a concussion involving the frontal lobes or is he developing a thought disorder?" Wedro said. "Patients with a frontal lobe concussion may become impulsive and become emotionally withdrawn. There can be aggression, outbursts of rage, and violent behavior and the ability to understand the difference between good and bad may be lost.

"Patients with psychosis, like schizophrenia, often present in their late teens and twenties and the symptoms may involve hallucinations, delusions and thought disorganization. Deciding between the diagnoses may be difficult, especially if the history of being hit in the head is not appreciated."

Wedro's main point is key: The brain remains a great mystery. Complicating matters is the violence of football. Its long-term effects on the brain are understood even less. Scientists now just understand the brain disease called chronic traumatic encephalopathy or CTE. It's caused by repeated blows to the head, and scientists estimate that by the time a typical football player leaves college, he's experienced some 8,000 blows to the head.http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/22259804/is-titus-young-the-latest-nfl-player-suffering-from-hits-to-the-head

ObsiWan
05-18-2013, 10:20 AM
Makes me wonder how many other psychological time bombs are out there "ticking"???

TwoFive
05-20-2013, 06:28 PM

He has a emotional disorder

Texan_Bill
05-20-2013, 07:24 PM

Yes he does. The psychiatrist's Bible call it: Imadumbass Syndrome

StarStruck
05-20-2013, 10:11 PM

If I were to gamble it would be on someone with a few brushes with the law than one with severe mental issues. I realize medication can help, but it seems that the bad boys have the better chance of a lifestyle change.

Playoffs
08-13-2013, 10:56 PM
Where Is Titus Young? Who Is Titus Young?

The troubled former Lions receiver’s behavior has left everyone who knows him dumbfounded. Is it mental illness, head trauma, drugs—or just a young man lost in his own world? (http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/13/where-is-titus-young/)
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. — Judge Andre Manssourian allows the defense to approach the bench to answer a question uttered often in certain Southern California circles recently: Where’s Titus Young? The lawyers confer privately with the deputy district attorney, then veteran attorney Altus Hudson rushes from the courtroom to...

PapaL
08-14-2013, 01:36 PM

The troubled former Lions receiver’s behavior has left everyone who knows him dumbfounded. Is it mental illness, head trauma, drugs—or just a young man lost in his own world? (http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/13/where-is-titus-young/)

MSR

Dang...it's a sad sad story. Poor kid.

SCOTTexans
08-14-2013, 02:21 PM

Interesting to read the friends and family side that side of the the story. All you hear from the media is how much this guy has ruined his career

tried to send Rep but I guess i have to spread it around more....

The Pencil Neck
08-14-2013, 02:55 PM
MSR.

http://theskinnyonmyjeans.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/sad4.jpg

It's one thing to see it from the perspective of a fan watching someone ruin their life. But to see it from the perspective of the friends and family of the guy is a totally other thing.

Very sad.

CloakNNNdagger
07-14-2014, 05:46 PM
Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock · 1m

RT @davebirkett: Former #Lions WR Titus Young arrested again http://on.freep.com/1oZ4amq via @freep

Ex-Detroit Lions WR Titus Young arrested on felony charge in Los Angeles

LOS ANGELES — Troubled former Detroit Lions wide receiver Titus Young has been arrested on another felony charge – battery with serious bodily injury – and is in custody in the Twin Towers Correctional Facility in Los Angeles, with bail set at $105,000, according to a sheriff’s spokesperson and the L.A. sheriff’s department’s website.

The L.A. sheriff’s department would not comment on details of the arrest and the L.A. district attorney’s office did not immediately return messages

Young was arrested July 9, just one day before he was scheduled to make a pretrial hearing appearance in Newport Beach, Calif., where he is facing four felonies and seven other criminal charges.

Young, 24, was charged in May 2013 with felony burglary and assault – 11 charges in all. Since then, two different attorneys have sought a series of delays in the legal process while Young received medical treatment.

His lawyers and family members declined to say what treatment he was receiving. Young’s father, Richard, has said in the past that Young has a mental disorder that requires treatment.

Young’s most recent lawyer, Brian Hurwitz, had tried to negotiate a resolution to the case with Orange County (Calif.) prosecutors.

But Hurwitz told USA TODAY Sports he is no longer representing Young.

Hurwitz declined to elaborate.link (http://www.freep.com/article/20140714/SPORTS01/307140165/detroit-lions-titus-young)

Incredible!

Playoffs
07-14-2014, 07:41 PM
link (http://www.freep.com/article/20140714/SPORTS01/307140165/detroit-lions-titus-young)

Incredible!

Probably in the going off meds/re-offending cycle.

bah007
07-16-2014, 08:09 AM
How many lives does this guy have? How many times has this idiot been in trouble and he is still out on the street?

Mr teX
07-16-2014, 08:26 AM
Guys like this need to be automatically enrolled in some kind of CTE study to have a look at their brains under the premise that maybe somewhere along the lines a concussion or a serious of concussions in a short time span caused some kind of permanent chemical imbalance in his brain or something.

This is Ryan Leaf type life destruction when you seemingly have the world at your feet....and for silly crap too.

b0ng
07-18-2014, 01:10 PM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2014/07/titus-young-beat-up-5-people-including-koing-his-lawyer-in-last-60-days/

According to the docs, 24-year-old Young attacked both men and women. Cops say his first attack took place on May 28th. He struck again on June 1st … then June 26th … July 1st … and again on July 8th.

We’re told the person Young is accused of attacking on July 8th is his own attorney.

Also, law enforcement tells us ALL of the attacks took place at a medical treatment center in Los Angeles.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/titus-young.jpg

Beat up his own lawyer.

Playoffs
07-18-2014, 01:37 PM
http://youtu.be/XU0yJS2smxI?t=17s