PDA

View Full Version : ravens/ texans

ATXtexanfan
01-20-2013, 08:53 PM
So both our qbs were on their way to be free agents after this season. Guess who resigned before the season and who is on thier way to the superbowl.

Atl Cav
01-20-2013, 08:55 PM
So both our qbs were on their way to be free agents after this season. Guess who resigned before the season and who is on thier way to the superbowl.

And guess whose teram shut out the PAts in the second half.

dtran04
01-20-2013, 08:55 PM
Uhhh......the Ravens lost another 30-40 million because of that. LOL

They could have locked him in at a much lower price.

stingray
01-20-2013, 08:58 PM
Ravens defense held the Pats offense to 13 points and you are comparing QB's?

PockyAF
01-20-2013, 09:04 PM

How many Balt fans would have wanted to re-sign Flacco before this post-season, dumb dumb?

How many playoffs out did the QB of the 'bridemaids' have before he got a trip to the SB, huh dumb dumb?

middle-age mediocrities.. smdh

ATXtexanfan
01-20-2013, 09:05 PM
Ravens defense held the Pats offense to 13 points and you are comparing QB's?

Yeah cause flacco has earned it in the playoffs. He beat luck, manning, and Brady on the way to the superbowl. I thought ravens D was washed up? Lol. Regular season means nothing. Schaub in probowl lol

Lurvinator11
01-20-2013, 09:06 PM
Here's a thought.

Remember when Flacco just wasn't the QB for Baltimore? Many of us said this last year, but he turned it up and had a few good games.

Sounds like how we are with Schaub now. What if, and trust me, this is a big WHAT IF, but what if, Schaub does this next season?

I mean, anything is possible.

ATXtexanfan
01-20-2013, 09:06 PM
How many Balt fans would have wanted to re-sign Flacco before this post-season, dumb dumb?

How many playoffs out did the QB of the 'bridemaids' have before he got a trip to the SB, huh dumb dumb?

middle-age mediocrities.. smdh

What had schaub proved before this season. Point is the ravens said show us and we could have done the same. Were excited when schaubs extension was announced?

stingray
01-20-2013, 09:07 PM
Yeah cause flacco has earned it in the playoffs. He beat luck, manning, and Brady on the way to the superbowl. I thought ravens D was washed up? Lol. Regular season means nothing. Schaub in probowl lol

If you say so. But I'm pretty sure we would have beat the Pats if our defense would have held them to 13 points. I'm no expert but I think the Texans could have scored 14 points or more on them.

ATXtexanfan
01-20-2013, 09:08 PM
Here's a thought.

Remember when Flacco just wasn't the QB for Baltimore? Many of us said this last year, but he turned it up and had a few good games.

Sounds like how we are with Schaub now. What if, and trust me, this is a big WHAT IF, but what if, Schaub does this next season?

Let's hope he's still hungry after 24m guaranteed

PapaL
01-20-2013, 09:09 PM
Flacco now has 6 playoff ROAD victories. Six.

Let that sink in before anyone compares Schaub to him.

Six.

ATXtexanfan
01-20-2013, 09:10 PM
Flacco stepped his game up when it mattered. Schaub failed. End of story fellas. Here's to schaub next year...............

stingray
01-20-2013, 09:15 PM
Flacco stepped his game up when it mattered. Schaub failed. End of story fellas. Here's to schaub next year...............

It's not the end of story.. You keep pointing the finger at one player when the defense failed miserably. We gave up a combined 85 points in two games against the pats. Yes, Schaub didn't have great games either but to keep blaming one player is not very smart.

ATXtexanfan
01-20-2013, 09:15 PM

Six.

Dude he plays when it matters. Unlike our guy.

klockWork
01-20-2013, 09:19 PM
Folks here in this forum will NEVER rank Flacco over Schaub. They think individual stats is superior to playoffs record.

stingray
01-20-2013, 09:24 PM
Folks here in this forum will NEVER rank Flacco over Schaub. They think individual stats is superior to playoffs record.

Who is saying that Schaub is a better Qb than Flacco? I sure aint. But you guys are acting like Flacco played lights out. He had a good game. But he didn't have to carry his team on his back. And you know why he didn't have to carry his team on his back, because his freaking defense showed up. his defense came up with turnovers when they needed them. His defense didn't let Shane freaking Vareen score three touchdowns!!!

The Third Man
01-20-2013, 09:26 PM
Forget Schaub. Compare how the two defenses performed. Which team looked like they knew what they hell they were doing? I don't seem to recall seeing the Ravens being bamboozled by the Patriots no-huddle at all. And for those of you saying that it was all on Brian Cushing, recall that the Ravens best cover corner, Ladarius Webb, was out for the season in October. And Haloti Ngata, Terrell Suggs and Ray Lewis have all been hurt and hobbled this year. The Texans got one of the best seasons ever from JJ Watt and they still got 42 and 41 dropped on them by the Patriots with no apparent adjustments. Wade Phillips is as big a problem as Gary Kubiak, or Matt Schaub.

ATXtexanfan
01-20-2013, 09:28 PM
Who is saying that Schaub is a better Qb than Flacco? I sure aint. But you guys are acting like Flacco played lights out. He had a good game. But he didn't have to carry his team on his back. And you know why he didn't have to carry his team on his back, because his freaking defense showed up. his defense came up with turnovers when they needed them. His defense didn't let Shane freaking Vareen score three touchdowns!!!

He also outscored manning then Brady. He also never fell behind more than two scores. he also scored tds and not fgs. you done?

ATXtexanfan
01-20-2013, 09:29 PM
Point of thread was we didn't have to sign schaub prior to season. We did. An elite organization had the same decision. They didn't. We got problems from qb to the top

Mr. Texan
01-20-2013, 09:30 PM
Forget Schaub. Compare how the two defenses performed. Which team looked like they knew what they hell they were doing? I don't seem to recall seeing the Ravens being bamboozled by the Patriots no-huddle at all. And for those of you saying that it was all on Brian Cushing, recall that the Ravens best cover corner, Ladarius Webb, was out for the season in October. And Haloti Ngata, Terrell Suggs and Ray Lewis have all been hurt and hobbled this year. The Texans got one of the best seasons ever from JJ Watt and they still got 42 and 41 dropped on them by the Patriots with no apparent adjustments. Wade Phillips is as big a problem as Gary Kubiak, or Matt Schaub.

you seem to forget this is texans talk where only 1 position matters.

why are there even 52 other players?

just have the qb's lineup and throw at targets. that's the only thing that matters.

ATXtexanfan
01-20-2013, 09:31 PM
Well the niners gave the pats 34. Oh wait the niners scored 41. The niners in the bowl

stingray
01-20-2013, 09:33 PM
He also outscored manning then Brady. He also never fell behind more than two scores. he also scored tds and not fgs. you done?

Geezz, I wonder why he never fell behind more than two scores? Would that have anything to do with the DEFENSE? huh? Because surely Flacco played subpar in the first half of todays game but by some miracle of god, the ravens D held through and kept Brady in check. Do you think that had something to do with Flacco not getting down by more than two scores?

Nawzer
01-20-2013, 09:33 PM
Flacco made some great throws tonight that I don't think I've seen Schaub make in a very long time. The endzone pass to Boldin was beautifully executed and I don't think I've ever seen Schaub make a throw like that to AJ in recent memory. Flacco also has a cannon for an arm which Schaub can't just develop all of a sudden. Schaub is who is who he is. Our best chance is to build a defense like th 49'ers and Ravens, add more playmakers on offense, and tweak the offense so that we're not so predictable.

Textan
01-20-2013, 09:34 PM
Here's a thought.

Flacco's what 27 years of age. Schaub's 31 or so with a gnarly foot, no athletic ability whatsoever, and a girly arm. I don't see him rising to the level Flacco's achieved.
Plus, in the two play off games I've watched Schaub he looked anything but Flacco-like, basically choking. Choked against Green Bay and the Pats during the regular season too.
But I agree with the The Third Man, Texans looked confused, disorientated, bedazzled both times they played New England.
Preparation and coaching. Texans are extremely outclassed in that category when facing these elite teams. Ravens looked cool as can be out there tonight.

ATXtexanfan
01-20-2013, 09:40 PM
Geezz, I wonder why he never fell behind more than two scores? Would that have anything to do with the DEFENSE? huh? Because surely Flacco played subpar in the first half of todays game but by some miracle of god, the ravens D held through and kept Brady in check. Do you think that had something to do with Flacco not getting down by more than two scores?

So if schaub were a raven they would be in the superbowl? Lord knows flacco had problems in that wind. How would schaubs noodle have done

DocBar
01-20-2013, 09:42 PM
Schaub plays scared in big games. Scared money rarely wins. Either Schaub or Kubiak doesn't have the balls to let it all hang out when it counts. I'm still not convinced that all of Schaub's poor play is on him. I think a lot of it is Kubiak's influence/orders.

We got thoroughly outcoached and outplayed in two games against the Pats. It's hard to believe the Texans dominated the Ravens so much and played so poorly against the Pats.

stingray
01-20-2013, 09:43 PM
So if schaub were a raven they would be in the superbowl? Lord knows flacco had problems in that wind. How would schaubs noodle have done

Good question, probably not. But i don't think the Texans would be in the Super Bowl with Flacco either, and that's my point.

ATXtexanfan
01-20-2013, 09:48 PM
Good question, probably not. But i don't think the Texans would be in the Super Bowl with Flacco either, and that's my point.

Well would open.things up.downfield cause of his arm. Thus opening the TE game and running game. A lot easier to defend 25 yds than the length of the field. Stop arain then make schaub beat you. It's that simple. Stop rice and flacco can beat you.

dream_team
01-20-2013, 09:49 PM

I still don't quite understand why Wade gets such a pass by so many people in this forum???

stingray
01-20-2013, 09:52 PM
I still don't quite understand why Wade gets such a pass by so many people in this forum???

I still don't get either. Shaub had his warts and all but I think the D failed in the playoffs just as much.

dream_team
01-20-2013, 09:54 PM
Kind of funny how last season, in the playoffs, our defense totally embarrassed Flacco and made him look like he didn't belong in the NFL. We barely lost that game, and everyone was saying... "Only if we had Schaub..."

Opinions around here change so quickly after one season.

Bulls on Parade
01-20-2013, 09:56 PM
Congrats to Bernard Pollard, Vonta Leach and Jacoby Jones. We should have, would have, could have kept them but oh well. I'm glad to see those guys chasing that Super Bowl ring. David Carr got his ring last year as a backup quarterback with the Giants. I'm only being sarcastic but yeah, they were former Texans so I may just cheer for the Ravens in the Super Bowl.

I guess Bob McNair knows what type of guys we need. Another wide receiver right? Sigh... What we need is another beast on the defensive line like Margus Hunt from SMU. He's a J.J. Watt clone and a flat out monster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPvfNrj8uu0

That is what we need. Plain and simple.

Along with Brian Cushing being back healthy. I can't tell you what a boost that would be for our entire defense. It would have the same impact that the Ravens had when Ray Lewis returned.

dream_team
01-20-2013, 09:56 PM
I still don't get either. Shaub had his warts and all but I think the D failed in the playoffs just as much.

I agree... total team suckage all around.

ATXtexanfan
01-20-2013, 09:57 PM

Cause our O was great and our D sucked almost historically. We now have a solid D and an O that can't score tds. Offense has regressed despite ballets. D top ten. Plus today was first time an O got hammered by a D in playoffs

ATXtexanfan
01-20-2013, 10:02 PM
Kind of funny how last season, in the playoffs, our defense totally embarrassed Flacco and made him look like he didn't belong in the NFL. We barely lost that game, and everyone was saying... "Only if we had Schaub..."

Opinions around here change so quickly after one season.

Barely lost...... Lol. Ravens won. I guess we barely lost homefield this year despite beating ravens. Moral victories are fun. If we had schaub lost year we would have lost also.

76Texan
01-20-2013, 10:06 PM
Besides the win over the Broncos, the Ravens never allowed more than 14 points in all the other "wins" by Flacco in the play-offs.

They barely allowed an average just over 10 points.

It's not all that hard to win with such a defense.

ObsiWan
01-20-2013, 10:07 PM
Regarding the Denver game, the Broncos wouldn't even have been in the game had it not been for Holliday's two TD returns. And tonight, Brady & Co. could only manage ONE offensive TD.

And, before I forget, the Ravens' defense produced three turnovers in each of those games.

Simply stated, their defense game thru both times. Not saying Flacco played poorly because he played better than I've seen him play. But their defense didn't give up a forty-burger to tom brady and only gave up 3 TDs to Manning.

Flacco was good, but without their defense stepping up in those games, he most likely would have lost.

stingray
01-20-2013, 10:11 PM
Cause our O was great and our D sucked almost historically. We now have a solid D and an O that can't score tds. Offense has regressed despite ballets. D top ten. Plus today was first time an O got hammered by a D in playoffs

Get your facts straight. Our offense was actually ranked higher than our defense in scoring. Offense was ranked 8th and our D was ranked 9th.

Premier
01-20-2013, 10:12 PM
Here's a thought.

what sparks this line of thought other than being a blind homer hoping for this to happen..

flacco is 8-4 in the playoffs, matt wont even play 8 playoff games in his career. flacco is 28 years old and has played 12 playoff games already. flacco outplayed brady last season and was a dropped pass from being in the super bowl. flacco has showed an ability to beat good defenses with his arm. nothing at this point in schaub career makes me believe that he will ever come close to accomplishing what flacco has..

ObsiWan

I'm with you guys. 85 pts yielded in two games against Brady. Yet, everyone piles on Schaub for not being able to keep up with the alarming rate at which Wade's blessed defense was giving up points.
:toropalm:

dream_team

You do realize our offense was top 10 this season as well?

It's no surprise our offense is regressing, though. We keep cutting players from the offense, but continue to add talent on defense. I don't quite understand that part???

76Texan
01-20-2013, 10:17 PM
Besides the win over the Broncos, the Ravens never allowed more than 14 points in all the other "wins" by Flacco in the play-offs.

They barely allowed an average just over 10 points.

It's not all that hard to win with such a defense.

Not only that, but the Ravens also had a plus 19 in turnover differential in those wins. That's nearly 3 per game.

handswarmer
01-20-2013, 10:19 PM
No comparing Flaccco and Squab....

Who is in the Super Bowl?

worldlyman
01-20-2013, 10:20 PM
One crucial key for an opposing QB to have success in "beating" Tom Brady is to have his defenses hold the Patriots offense to:

13 points (2007 Super Bowl)
17 points (2012 Super Bowl)
13 points (2013 AFC Championship).

That's how you "outplay" Tom Brady.

If I recall correctly, Matt Schaub helped guide the Houston Texans to 10 quick points before the half ended against the Pats, thus keeping the Texans in striking distance 13-17 at half-time!

I don't ever remember Eli Manning or Joe Flacco having to climb 13-24 or 13-31 deficits like Schaub had to try against Tom Brady!

worldlyman
01-20-2013, 10:21 PM

Who had a defense that held Tom Brady to 13 points in the playoffs?

Schaub helped put up 36 points on your team this year!

Lurvinator11
01-20-2013, 10:26 PM
Congrats to Bernard Pollard, Vonta Leach and Jacoby Jones. We should have, would have, could have kept them but oh well. I'm glad to see those guys chasing that Super Bowl ring. David Carr got his ring last year as a backup quarterback with the Giants. I'm only being sarcastic but yeah, they were former Texans so I may just cheer for the Ravens in the Super Bowl.

I guess Bob McNair knows what type of guys we need. Another wide receiver right? Sigh... What we need is another beast on the defensive line like Margus Hunt from SMU. He's a J.J. Watt clone and a flat out monster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPvfNrj8uu0

That is what we need. Plain and simple.

Along with Brian Cushing being back healthy. I can't tell you what a boost that would be for our entire defense. It would have the same impact that the Ravens had when Ray Lewis returned.

Doubt we take him. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if he is gone by the time our pick comes up. Even if he is available, I think we take an ILB with the first pick.

stingray
01-20-2013, 10:26 PM

Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl also. Calm down buddy.

76Texan
01-20-2013, 10:33 PM
Not only that, but the Ravens also had a plus 19 in turnover differential in those wins. That's nearly 3 per game.

Add to that the fact the run game supported Flacco greatly.
Twice they had more than 100 yards over the opponents.

Of the two times they gained fewer yards on the game:
One opponent fumbled the ball twice (sounds familiar?);
The other (the Texans) had to lean on the run game due to the rookie Yates playing (and that botch by Jacoby.)

With all that support, it's really not hard to win, now is it?

On the other hand, the Texans were outrushed by the Pats both times by some 30 yards each.

handswarmer
01-20-2013, 10:34 PM
Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl also. Calm down buddy.

:whip::whip::whip:
Your dude folded

Mine Flourished....

Lurvinator11
01-20-2013, 10:38 PM
Your dude folded

Mine Flourished....

Enjoy it while you can.

A good number of playmakers are up for FA this off season.

How would you feel if Flacco does well in the SB, and then gets snatched away by Arizona?

handswarmer
01-20-2013, 10:42 PM
Enjoy it while you can.

A good number of playmakers are up for FA this off season.

How would you feel if Flacco does well in the SB, and then gets snatched away by Arizona?

Not a football guy are you?

Hervoyel
01-20-2013, 10:42 PM
Who had a defense that held Tom Brady to 13 points in the playoffs?

Schaub helped put up 36 points on your team this year!

I can't imagine anything weaker than pulling that game out of our collective asses and waving it at the Ravens. They're going to the Super Bowl in a year when they had major injuries on defense and overcame them all while we're thinking about all our Pro Bowl players and trying to tell ourselves that if Cushing hadn't been lost we'd be where they are.

Wade's defense failed when put to the test. Matt Schaub's play down the home stretch was sub-par, and Gary's boys showed the world that they're no closer to being able to compete with the good teams than they were in 2007-2008.

MEGA SWATT
01-20-2013, 10:47 PM
Your dude folded

Mine Flourished....

You are correct. Flac was money:gun::gun:

Lurvinator11
01-20-2013, 10:48 PM
Not a football guy are you?

I may not know the exact moves of the Ravens Front Office, but I do know that your team may be possibly losing a few key players, including Joe Flacco.

Hence why I asked how you would feel if Flacco left in Free Agency?

I feel like if he were to perform well, but not win the SB, a team like Arizona could be interested in someone like Flacco, since they don't have a good starting QB to go with.

I understand you might be drunk from your team winning tonight, but you don't have to come on here and be a dick. Thanks.

Rey
01-20-2013, 10:49 PM
I can't imagine anything weaker than pulling that game out of our collective asses and waving it at the Ravens. They're going to the Super Bowl in a year when they had major injuries on defense and overcame them all while we're thinking about all our Pro Bowl players and trying to tell ourselves that if Cushing hadn't been lost we'd be where they are.

Wade's defense failed when put to the test. Matt Schaub's play down the home stretch was sub-par, and Gary's boys showed the world that they're no closer to being able to compete with the good teams than they were in 2007-2008.

Rep when I get the chance.

Anybody think pollard leach or jacoby wish they were still in Houston because we beat them during the regular season?

Jacoby jones...pollard....

Key players on a team in the superbowl....

Let that sink in.

Playoffs
01-20-2013, 10:49 PM
Ray be happy.... I think.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18c4y2ptxav4fgif/original.gif

76Texan
01-20-2013, 10:53 PM
I may not know the exact moves of the Ravens Front Office, but I do know that your team may be possibly losing a few key players, including Joe Flacco.

I feel like if he were to perform well, but not win the SB, a team like Arizona could be interested in someone like Flacco, since they don't have a good starting QB to go with.

I understand you might be drunk from your team winning tonight, but you don't have to come on here and be a dick. Thanks.

I normally don't do this, but this particular visiting poster doesn't have class; I've already say that much before.

You don't go rub in it people's face.
It's called unsportsmanlike.

And from here on out I shall put him on ignore.

worldlyman
01-20-2013, 10:53 PM

Well, Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs...two of the Ravens defensive glue guys, absolute leaders, heart and soul, were on Gillette Field.

Brian Cushing (as well as two other fairly crucial linebackers like Daryl Sharpton and Tim Dobbins) was NOT for the Texans.

Cushing's loss is not to be underestimated. He is an absolute wrecking ball in the area of the field where the likes of Hernandez, Welker, et al like to run loose and flourish. Not saying Cushing was an X-factor, but Houston really could have used him against the Patriots.

The Texans had a 13-5 campaign. They have a stable and steady roster of young studs to work with...they will GET better.

The Pats lost TWICE to a team the Texans absolutely CRUSHED in 2012-2013. Bottom line.

Gary's boys showed the world that they're no closer to being able to compete with the good teams than they were in 2007-2008

Bwa ha ha. The Texans destroyed the current AFC Super Bowl team, 43-13. "Not being able to compete?"...bwa ha ha ha ha.

C'mon now, did you think the Baltimore Ravens were the front-runners when the playoffs started? I don't really follow this forum a whole lot, but did you? I am curious.

SAMURAITEXAN
01-20-2013, 10:54 PM
It's nice to see Ray in SB. I rather see Ravens play in SB than Pats.

Lurvinator11
01-20-2013, 11:01 PM
I normally don't do this, but this particular visiting poster doesn't have class; I've already say that much before.

You don't go rub in it people's face.
It's called unsportsmanlike.

And from then on I shall put him on ignore.

I actually thought he was one of the good Raven posters. I guess I was wrong on that one. I just remember him being very gracious in defeat earlier this season, and even making a raven troll look dumb last season in the playoffs.

Also, I don't put anyone on ignore. Even the dumb ones have a right to be heard, even when they aren't credible 99 percent of the time.

Thanks though.

76Texan
01-20-2013, 11:05 PM
I actually thought he was one of the good Raven posters. I guess I was wrong on that one. I just remember him being very gracious in defeat earlier this season, and even making a raven troll look dumb last season in the playoffs.

Also, I don't put anyone on ignore. Even the dumb ones have a right to be heard, even when they aren't credible 99 percent of the time.

Thanks though.My ignore list has been empty all these years; I guess it's time to use it, LOL!

Bulls on Parade
01-20-2013, 11:09 PM
Doubt we take him. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if he is gone by the time our pick comes up. Even if he is available, I think we take an ILB with the first pick.
Hopefully inside linebacker is not a major weakness if we stay healthy in 2013. We can use depth for sure so you may be right. But I'd rather have another beast in the front three, whether it be an upgrade at nose tackle or right end. Is the plan to keep riding a declining Antonio Smith? He's just not consistent enough to make plays when Watt is being blocked by two guys most of the game. I think the best way to improve our overall defense is to be able to generate a pass rush with only our defensive lineman.

That is why I was against letting Mario Williams and DeMeco Ryans go. The more talent on defense the better. Right now, we're lacking depth in the front seven and can use upgrades at NT, RE and maybe even ILB for Bradie James.

The secondary would look much better with a dominating front seven.

Hervoyel
01-20-2013, 11:13 PM
Well, Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs...two of the Ravens defensive glue guys, absolute leaders, heart and soul, were on Gillette Field.

Brian Cushing (as well as two other fairly crucial linebackers like Daryl Sharpton and Tim Dobbins) was NOT for the Texans.

Cushing's loss is not to be underestimated. He is an absolute wrecking ball in the area of the field where the likes of Hernandez, Welker, et al like to run loose and flourish. Not saying Cushing was an X-factor, but Houston really could have used him against the Patriots.

The Texans had a 13-5 campaign. They have a stable and steady roster of young studs to work with...they will GET better.

The Pats lost TWICE to a team the Texans absolutely CRUSHED in 2012-2013. Bottom line.

Bwa ha ha. The Texans destroyed the current AFC Super Bowl team, 43-13. "Not being able to compete?"...bwa ha ha ha ha.

C'mon now, did you think the Baltimore Ravens were the front-runners when the playoffs started? I don't really follow this forum a whole lot, but did you? I am curious.

Ok, the Ravens game in week 7 came with Ray Lewis on the sideline, Suggs returning to action after being out up until that point, and I seem to recall Ngata also being hurt. So the Texans beat up on a team with a hurting defense. Big deal. Plus we're talking about a game in week 7 of the regular season where , as I'm sure you know "Champions are made". :rolleyes:

I'm just curious if you're numbering Dobbins and Sharpton among your "young studs to work with"? I think it's kind of pitiful that they could even be called "crucial". One is old and embarrassing in space, the other is perpetually injured and kind of embarrassing in space too.

No, I didn't think the Ravens were front runners when the playoffs started. I thought the Patriots were after the Texans surrendered any kind of claim to that title over the last four weeks of the regular season. The Ravens did something we've never done, they turned it up when the games got more important. We don't do that in the postseason all that much (unless you count our first round punching bags the Cincinnati Bengals) and we don't do that in the regular season either. Find a genuine contender that we beat in the regular season anywhere from 2007 until today and you'll find a team with injuries, a team that had nothing to play for, or a team that was incorporating a new system or player. You will almost never find a team we stood toe to toe with and put down.

Playoffs
01-20-2013, 11:17 PM
My ignore list has been empty all these years; I guess it's time to use it, LOL!
If I'm going to the SB, the last thing that crosses my mind is trolling other team's forums.

I mean, a life ... get one. http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/Soizic22/a%20smilie/laugh-1.gif

Lurvinator11
01-20-2013, 11:18 PM
Hopefully inside linebacker is not a major weakness if we stay healthy in 2013. We can use depth for sure so you may be right. But I'd rather have another beast in the front three, whether it be an upgrade at nose tackle or right end. Is the plan to keep riding a declining Antonio Smith? He's just not consistent enough to make plays when Watt is being blocked by two guys most of the game. I think the best way to improve our overall defense is to be able to generate a pass rush with only our defensive lineman.

That is why I was against letting Mario Williams and DeMeco Ryans go. The more talent on defense the better. Right now, we're lacking depth in the front seven and can use upgrades at NT, RE and maybe even ILB for Bradie James.

The secondary would look much better with a dominating front seven.

I think Crink will improve, and will eventually replace Smith. I think we can get one more good year out of Smith. NT is an issue. I'm no draft expert, but I just don't see us taking a DE in the first. If we do take one, I hope it is for the use of an actual DE, and not an OLB.

klockWork
01-20-2013, 11:21 PM
I love my Texans and would love to support our QB. But I'm being a realist. No way Schaub is a better player than Flacco. The plays that he made in this year playoffs Schaub could never make. Schaub playing with the Ravens could not score more than 10 points against NE. Pats played outstanding tight cover D against Ravens passing route.

This game shows just how good Kubiak offense scheme is. Pats D had everyone covered and yet Flacco made throw into tight coverage all game long. Throws that Schaub would either rather make to his check down receivers or out of bounds.

And who's to say Flacco playing for Hou couldn't outscored NE last week?

Hervoyel
01-20-2013, 11:22 PM
There's such a thing as wearing out your welcome. This year I've thought visiting fans have been better than in the past but they've tended to stick around a little more than before. Our season is done and handjob's season is still going on. Enjoy that but get yourself over to a Ravens board or something. We'll see you next year.

DX-TEX
01-21-2013, 12:17 AM
So lets think for a second:

Ravens beat Patriots
Patriots beat Texans
Texans beat Ravens

Texans best team in AFC!! **** you Schaub!

BullNation4Life
01-21-2013, 12:38 AM
So lets think for a second:

Ravens beat Patriots
Patriots beat Texans
Texans beat Ravens

Texans best team in AFC!! **** you Schaub!

actually Ravens are the best team in the AFC, they beat the #1 (Denver) and #2 seed (Patriots) and are in the Super Bowl...

Texans only beat a #6 seed...

but yes **** you Schaub!

ObsiWan
01-21-2013, 06:53 AM
Your defense folded

My DEFENSE Flourished....

Corrected it for you.

For you to lay this win at the alter of Flacco and not fully acknowledge the smackdown Sugar Ray & Co. put on the Pats offense is dissing your own team.
Big time.

They held Tom Brady & co. to one offensive TD out of three or four trips inside the 20-25 yd line. And that's just the first half. In the second half, they stepped it up and produced three turnovers. With the first of those turnovers, they put the Patriots in big time catch up mode by getting their fourth TD. With the last of their turnovers, the Ravens ran out the clock and sealed the deal.
Did I mention that the Ravens' defense SHUT OUT the Patriots in the second half.

A stellar defensive performance against one of the best offenses in the league
...and you come in here singing the praises of FLACCO??

...seriously?

76Texan
01-21-2013, 09:19 AM
Corrected it for you.

For you to lay this win at the alter of Flacco and not fully acknowledge the smackdown Sugar Ray & Co. put on the Pats offense is dissing your own team.
Big time.

They held Tom Brady & co. to one offensive TD out of three or four trips inside the 20-25 yd line. And that's just the first half. In the second half, they stepped it up and produced three turnovers. With the first of those turnovers, they put the Patriots in big time catch up mode by getting their fourth TD. With the last of their turnovers, the Ravens ran out the clock and sealed the deal.
Did I mention that the Ravens' defense SHUT OUT the Patriots in the second half.

...seriously?I don't have a problem giving Flacco some of his due credit.

He played well enough but he got plenty of support from the whole Ravens team, and from the Pats, too.

dream_team
01-21-2013, 11:44 AM
Corrected it for you.

Big time.

...seriously?

It's like the saying goes... the QB gets too much credit for wins, and too much blame for losses.

Hardcore Texan
01-21-2013, 12:21 PM

Take this bolded shiznit over to the pats board....or go talk crap to the 49ers fans....geez, you think ravens fans would have enough to be happy about..

thunderkyss
01-22-2013, 12:06 PM
If you say so. But I'm pretty sure we would have beat the Pats if our defense would have held them to 13 points. I'm no expert but I think the Texans could have scored 14 points or more on them.

I don't know. The Vikings held our potent offense to 6 points.

For some reason, I think if the score was 13-6 halfway through the 4th Qtr, we never would have seen that hurry up offense that led to a TD at the end of the game.

thunderkyss
01-22-2013, 12:20 PM
If I recall correctly, Matt Schaub helped guide the Houston Texans to 10 quick points before the half ended against the Pats, thus keeping the Texans in striking distance 13-17 at half-time!

& after half-time, the Patriots marched down the field and scored an easy touchdown. No penalties, no blown calls.. no defense.

thunderkyss
01-22-2013, 12:45 PM
& after half-time, the Patriots marched down the field and scored an easy touchdown. No penalties, no blown calls.. no defense.

I was thinking about this & went back to the play by play.

Giving up this TD wouldn't have been so bad, if our offense stepped up & answered with a TD. Instead, we went 3 & out.

Then our defense forced a 3 & out.

Then we threw that INT... & the Patriots drove 60 yards & scored. We're down by 18 at this point.

Still early in the game, if our offense scores here, we're ok.

Instead, we get down to a 4th & 1...... Walter picked up the first down, but we got a bad spot. So on 4th & 1, we decide to catch the Patriots off guard & go deep.

Well, didn't work out to well for us. We turn it over on downs, on our 33 yard line. One play later & we're down by 24.

So, in hindsight. I can see why the defense would get a pass & why our QB is getting a little heat.

Surreal McCoy
01-22-2013, 12:46 PM
you seem to forget this is texans talk where only 1 position matters.

why are there even 52 other players?

just have the qb's lineup and throw at targets. that's the only thing that matters.

There's 52 other players? You mean besides the QB?

PS - After reading through this thread a little more I actually feel a bit sorry for the OP :(

handswarmer
01-22-2013, 01:06 PM

If you believe for one second, if you even firmulated the thought that Joe Flacco could leave the ravens and especially for Arizona, then you must not pay attention to alot of football and football news....after all the issues Batimore has had with finding a qb....

I wasn't drunk- I asked you a pointed question in response to a statement by you...

handswarmer
01-22-2013, 01:11 PM

Thanks though.

Aww c'mon man! I'm the same guy I was last year and earlier this year. I can recognize an ass kicking whe I see it...no way around it. I aditted as much.

Now when the playoffs came around, the Texans folded vs the Pats...who knows what would have happened in a rematch with you guys...

its just an internet message board; its not life anddeath.

Jules Winnfield
01-22-2013, 01:38 PM

Six.

Flacco was always better than schaub.

So is Tony Romo and Michael Vick.

It boggles my mind how much support Schaub has garnered in this town considering how he hasnt really done anything his entire time in houston.

*waits for some schaub slurper to mention 4700 yard season and matt's pro bowl mvp*

thunderkyss
01-22-2013, 01:51 PM
Flacco was always better than schaub.

So is Tony Romo and Michael Vick.

It boggles my mind how much support Schaub has garnered in this town considering how he hasnt really done anything his entire time in houston.

*waits for some schaub slurper to mention 4700 yard season and matt's pro bowl mvp*

If you could please clarify...... what has Romo & Vick done?

Jules Winnfield
01-22-2013, 02:02 PM
If you could please clarify...... what has Romo & Vick done?

more than what schaub has done.

you think schaub is better than vick or romo?

:lol:

Lurvinator11
01-22-2013, 02:45 PM
If you believe for one second, if you even firmulated the thought that Joe Flacco could leave the ravens and especially for Arizona, then you must not pay attention to alot of football and football news....after all the issues Batimore has had with finding a qb....

I wasn't drunk- I asked you a pointed question in response to a statement by you...

Okay. Would you rather have Flacco, who despite being an off and on QB, has 5 wins in the playoffs, and has made the playoffs every year in his career?

Or would you have a situation like what they have in Arizona? Where you don't even know who will be starting.

I know Flacco isn't an elite, and I know he gives you Raven fans a heart attack from time to time, but I feel like the less fortunate teams, like Arizona or even Kansas City, would love to have a QB like Flacco. Still young, and has shown he can get the job done.

It wouldn't surprise me at all, if another team threw money at him, instead of developing a QB.

And my question was, how would YOU feel? Would you be happy? Would you be upset? Flacco is tricky, so I was just curious. It's just a question, no need to make accusations that I am uninformed.

handswarmer
01-22-2013, 03:38 PM
If I'm going to the SB, the last thing that crosses my mind is trolling other team's forums.

I mean, a life ... get one. http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/Soizic22/a%20smilie/laugh-1.gif

Who's trolling?:mariopalm:

I used to post on the Baltimore SunMB- they went to a pay site so I stopped. The other ones are homer sites.

I'm not going to a Super Bowl- the team I root for is.....

handswarmer
01-22-2013, 03:40 PM
There's such a thing as wearing out your welcome. This year I've thought visiting fans have been better than in the past but they've tended to stick around a little more than before. Our season is done and handjob's season is still going on. Enjoy that but get yourself over to a Ravens board or something. We'll see you next year.

Srry about that little thing cxalled the 1st Amendment....

Nice ionsult- never heard that before....how do you like me now?:thisbig:

handswarmer
01-22-2013, 03:44 PM
Okay. Would you rather have Flacco, who despite being an off and on QB, has 5 wins in the playoffs, and has made the playoffs every year in his career?

Or would you have a situation like what they have in Arizona? Where you don't even know who will be starting.

I know Flacco isn't an elite, and I know he gives you Raven fans a heart attack from time to time, but I feel like the less fortunate teams, like Arizona or even Kansas City, would love to have a QB like Flacco. Still young, and has shown he can get the job done.

It wouldn't surprise me at all, if another team threw money at him, instead of developing a QB.

And my question was, how would YOU feel? Would you be happy? Would you be upset? Flacco is tricky, so I was just curious. It's just a question, no need to make accusations that I am uninformed.

I wanted Flacco signed before last year. I post on KC board- they thought Matt Cassel was a better QB than Flacco- Matt Freeakin Cassel.

Joe doesn't lose games for us- but he wins games for us. He is inconsistsent some times but I put that more on Cam Cameron, not so much on Joe.

thunderkyss
01-23-2013, 07:18 AM

This is a WHYDFML league. For all their athleticism & play maker ability, neither has won as many games as Schaub in the last two years. For his career, Romo doesn't have anymore play off wins than Schaub.

Both guys bring their own set of problems that they have not been able to overcome just like Schaub. If we are going to say that winning is the only measure, Schaub is at the very least as good as Romo & Vick.

ATXtexanfan
01-23-2013, 07:47 PM
There's 52 other players? You mean besides the QB?

PS - After reading through this thread a little more I actually feel a bit sorry for the OP :(

???

ObsiWan
01-23-2013, 10:09 PM

you just ducked the question.
is that you Kubiak?