PDA

View Full Version : AFC Title Game: Patriots vs Ravens

BullBlitz
01-19-2013, 08:09 PM
Belichick vs Harbaugh. Brady vs Lewis. Tough to get any better matchup than this.

I always like to see Belichick and Brady in the Super Bowl, but I'd also be happy to see Harbaugh, Leach, Pollard and Jacoby get a shot at a ring.

Shoud be a good game.

handswarmer
01-19-2013, 08:28 PM
Before 1:30pm last Sunay, I swear this game was going to be played in Reliant Stadium...

BullBlitz
01-19-2013, 08:36 PM
Before 1:30pm last Sunay, I swear this game was going to be played in Reliant Stadium...

You thought that the Texans would beat the Patriots??

:goodluck:

Showtime100
01-19-2013, 10:11 PM
I can't help but dig at the NFL for their money-grubbing ratings tactics. Wring every last penny at the expense of good playing conditions to get the truest of all possible results from these games.

San Francisco at Atlanta in a Dome.

Baltimore at New England at night, in Massachusetts, in January.

Silly, IMO. The temperature in the Georgia Dome would still be comfortable at night.

AJ-80
01-20-2013, 12:17 AM
I hope the Ravens win this game. Should have won last year.

Speedy
01-20-2013, 10:10 AM
I can't help but dig at the NFL for their money-grubbing ratings tactics. Wring every last penny at the expense of good playing conditions to get the truest of all possible results from these games.

Silly, IMO. The temperature in the Georgia Dome would still be comfortable at night.

FWIW, the Championship Games alternate every year. Last year the AFC game was 1st up. This year it's the NFC game.

BullBlitz
01-20-2013, 10:38 AM

According to another poster, they alternate the AFC and NFC games. I didn't know that either.

However, the NFL is a business. I don't blame them for putting this game in prime time.

Thorn
01-20-2013, 12:04 PM
I'm having a difficult time getting excited about football today.

* yawn *

jaayteetx
01-20-2013, 12:05 PM
Football is on today? Who knew.

Vinny
01-20-2013, 12:09 PM

* yawn *
I love me some football...too bad the good guys aren't there though. One thing I'm sick of is Ray Lewis. I hope the Patriots keep him out of he SB. I'm sick of hearing how God is helping him as if God plays favorites. Another week or two of segments glorifying this will make my head explode.

SheTexan
01-20-2013, 12:12 PM

* yawn *

I'm very excited about football today!! Texans own my football heart and soul, but, I've been a NINER fan since I was about 14 y/o! Only time I've ever pulled against them was when they played the Oilers, and the Texans!!

As for the Pats/Ravens game! I'll probably be the ONLY one on this board pulling for the Pats, but, thats the way it's gonna be! I just don't want to see Jacoby Jones get a chance at a SB ring before our Texans do. I just DON'T!!

EllisUnit
01-20-2013, 12:39 PM
when the texans lost last sunday that ended my NFL watching until this coming August. Unless the Texans are in the SB i never watch it. i havent since 02. and wont again until my texans are in it.

Playoffs
01-20-2013, 12:47 PM
3TFO: Ravens @ Patriots, AFC Championship
Steve Palazzolo | 2013/01/18 (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/18/3tfo-ravens-patriots-afc-championship/)

Patriots Pass Offense vs. Ravens Pass Defense

Despite boasting one of the top running attacks in the league, the Patriotsí offense still runs through Brady. He hasnít played well in the Patriotsí last three playoff losses, and their success will likely depend on his ability to play at his expected Pro-Bowl level. He posted a season-high +7.4 grade in the first matchup with Baltimore, and he was particularly effective throwing to the intermediate (10-20 yards) level, going 8 of 10 for 125 yards on such throws. The Ravens blitzed him on 17 of his 44 drop-backs, and thatís where Brady did most of his damage, going 12 of 15 for 155 yards and a QB rating of 109.7. How will the Ravens match up with Bradyís targets this week?

Covering Welker

Wide receiver Wes Welker is never an easy cover, but the Ravens have done a nice job of slowing him down with cornerback Ladarius Webb. Unfortunately, Webb is out for the season and the responsibility will fall on CB Corey Graham who starts at LCB in the base defense before kicking inside to cover the slot in sub packages. Welker has taken his usual spot among the best in the league, averaging 2.04 Yards/Route Run when lined up in the slot, while Graham is in the middle of the pack among slot cornerbacks with his 1.30 Yards/Cover Snap. Itís not a terrible performance by Graham, but itís certainly a downgrade from Webb who surrendered only 0.88 Yards/Cover Snap in the slot last year, before giving up only 0.32 through 92 snaps this season. Grahamís ability to keep up with Welker may be the most important matchup for the Ravens on Sunday.

Covering Hernandez

This matchup will be less cut and dried compared to Welker, as tight end Aaron Hernandez lines up all over the formation. Heíll see a number of Ravens defenders, but look for the Patriots to exploit the matchups that find him covered by a linebacker. Whether itís Lewis (-8.7 pass coverage) who, despite his exceptional career and team leadership has clearly lost a step in coverage, or LB Dannell Ellerbe (-6.4 pass coverage), the Patriots should be able to win the matchup ó especially as Hernandez appeared to have his explosion back last week with 57 of his 85 receiving yards coming after the catch.

Covering the Running Backs

The final piece that could be a struggle for the Ravens is the running backs. Last week, RB Danny Woodhead was supposed to be a big part of the Patriotsí game plan but a hand injury sidelined him early in the game and RB Shane Vereen took over his role. Vereen didnít miss a beat with 124 yards from scrimmage and three touchdowns. Like Hernandez, the Patriots running backs will line up at a number of spots, so expect Lewis and Ellerbe to move with them if the Ravens are in man coverage.

Ravens Pass Offense vs. Patriots Pass Defense

The Ravens also have a number of receiving weapons at their disposal, as evidenced by QB Joe Flaccoís 613 yards passing in the playoffs already. The deep passing game is a huge part of his arsenal, and his 92 regular season attempts were the second-most in the league ó and last week he completed four of six deep throws for 185 yards and three touchdowns. It remains to be seen how much pressure he will face this weekend. The Patriots blitzed him only three times on his 47 drop-backs in Week 3, this despite the fact Flacco grades at +19.0, with a QB Rating of 96.4, against traditional four-man pressure, but his numbers drop to -10.7 and 76.4 when he is blitzed. The Patriots have stepped up the pressure since adding CB Aqib Talib, increasing their blitz frequency from 17% of the time before his acquisition, to 33% over the past eight games.

What is clearer is who Flacco will be throwing to.

Covering Smith

No wide receiver saw a higher percentage of deep throws than Torrey Smith, who was targeted beyond 20 yards 42.3% of the time in the regular season. In fact, 36 of his 114 targeted passes have been Ďgoí routes, so his ability to stretch the defense is a huge part of the Ravensí offense.

In New England, head coach Bill Belichick generally keeps his cornerbacks on the same side regardless of the matchups, but the late acquisition of Talib has expanded the options on defense. Talib has been used to shadow opposing teamís top wide receivers at times, and he did so last week against WR Andre Johnson. While Talib does not boast outstanding numbers (1.74 yards/cover snap), heís taken to the added responsibility and Belichick has trusted him enough to play a lot more varied coverages in the secondary.

The Patriots did not assign a cornerback to Smith in the first matchup, but Talib was not on the roster at the time. Whether Talib flips sides or not, heíll see plenty of Smith who has received 54% of his targets from a right wide receiver spot, which is opposite Talibís natural left cornerback position.

Covering Boldin

On the other side of Smith is Anquan Boldin, who will also kick inside to play in the slot in 3-WR packages. His more physical approach to the game offers a different challenge from Smith. Heís caught all but two of the 78 on-target balls thrown his way, and heís picked up 216 yards over the past two weeks. When lined up outside, heíll see either Talib or CB Alfonzo Dennard who is fresh off making our PFF All-Rookie Team. Dennardís 1.26 Yards/Cover Snap ranks in the middle of the pack among cornerbacks, but heís allowed a league-low 78 yards after the catch.

When Boldin moves inside to the slot, it will likely be CB Kyle Arrington getting the nod. Heís given up only 0.71 yards/cover snap in the slot and heís graded at +5.2 since Week 10.

Patriots Running Game vs. Ravens Run Defense

One of the stories of the season in New England is the dedication to the running game that has the Patriots ranked seventh in the league in rushing yards, adding a balanced dimension to their pass-first attack. On the other side, Baltimore historically has been one of the most difficult teams to run against, but less than stellar pay up front, combined with injuries to both Lewis and OLB Terrell Suggs have forced the unit to take a step back this season. Both players were forces last week, however, combining for a +6.6 grade against the run.

New Englandís offensive line has proven a stellar run blocking unit, particularly at center where Ryan Wendell is our top run blocker at the position (+24.2). Heíll be matched up against the oversized, yet underwhelming duo of DT Maíake Kemoeatu and DT Terrence Cody who combine for 710 lbs of mass (listed), but only a -7.1 combined run stop grade. In addition to Wendell, Patriots OT Nate Solder and OG Logan Mankins split Player of the Game Honors last week on the strength of their fantastic work in the running game where they combined to grade at +5.2.

While Brady has been one of the main culprits of recent Patriots playoff losses, the well-balanced running attack may be just what they need to take some pressure off him and leave them with some margin for error.

Showtime100
01-20-2013, 01:09 PM
FWIW, the Championship Games alternate every year. Last year the AFC game was 1st up. This year it's the NFC game.

Thanks, Speedy! :tiphat: I didn't know that. The NFL is really stupid....lol.

Lucky
01-20-2013, 05:40 PM
I don't think this will be very close. The Ray Lewis retirement tour ends in Foxboro.

Patriots - 34
Ravens - 17

Lucky
01-20-2013, 05:42 PM
when the texans lost last sunday that ended my NFL watching until this coming August. Unless the Texans are in the SB i never watch it. i havent since 02. and wont again until my texans are in it.
I've watched almost every Super Bowl since Super Bowl V. I'll be watching this one, too. It's the Super Bowl, man.

Showtime100
01-20-2013, 05:42 PM
I don't think this will be very close. The Ray Lewis retirement tour ends in Foxboro.

Patriots - 34
Ravens - 17

I hope so. I don't want two weeks of Ray Lewis BS cult worship instead of real coverage of the gane.

Showtime100
01-20-2013, 05:48 PM
Wow. So that's what the Patriots punt formation looks like.

thunderkyss
01-20-2013, 05:49 PM
Third down, threw it behind the sticks.

Mr teX
01-20-2013, 05:50 PM
Go Ravens....i cannot overstate my disdain for the pats, belichick and brady..

thunderkyss
01-20-2013, 05:55 PM
what the heck was that?

drs23
01-20-2013, 06:00 PM
I hope so. I don't want two weeks of Ray Lewis BS cult worship instead of real coverage of the gane.

:goodpost:

Speedy
01-20-2013, 06:16 PM
I've watched almost every Super Bowl since Super Bowl V. I'll be watching this one, too. It's the Super Bowl, man.

Same here. Even though I don't care about any of the teams that will be in it now that the Falcons are out.

In $uper Bowl$ like thi$ year'$, when I don't have a dog in the race, I u$ually find $omething to keep my intere$t in the game.

Mr. Texan
01-20-2013, 06:21 PM
ravens defense is ballin so far.

their offense hasn't done **** in this first quarter and only held them to 3 points.

our defense would have given up 20 points so far.

Textan
01-20-2013, 06:21 PM
I hate the Patriots and would like nothing more than the Ravens to beat them. I'm sick of hearing about Brady, BB, and anything to do with New England. I've heard enough to last 3 life times.

Textan
01-20-2013, 06:25 PM
I love me some football...too bad the good guys aren't there though. One thing I'm sick of is Ray Lewis. I hope the Patriots keep him out of he SB. I'm sick of hearing how God is helping him as if God plays favorites. Another week or two of segments glorifying this will make my head explode.

Good Lord man..........and you're not sick of hearing about Brady and the Patriots, seriously?
Hey. I'm no great fan of Lewis, but I swear I throw up a little every time I hear Brady, Patriots, BB, anything to do with that part of the world.

EllisUnit
01-20-2013, 06:25 PM
Wow. So that's what the Patriots punt formation looks like.

We only had them punt 3 of their first 4 possesions when we played them. I know we scored zero points but you must of been away from the TV....

Showtime100
01-20-2013, 06:28 PM
We only had them punt 3 of their first 4 possesions when we played them. I know we scored zero points but you must of been away from the TV....

Oh for God's sakes. Just a joke, my good man.

Texn4life
01-20-2013, 06:28 PM
Pierce looks more explosive than Rice so far today.

EllisUnit
01-20-2013, 06:29 PM
Oh for God's sakes. Just a joke, my good man.

haha man this is sad to watch the ravens move the ball up and down the field so easily. We should be playing baltimore tonight :(

Textan
01-20-2013, 06:31 PM
There ya go Ravens, great drive.

Texn4life
01-20-2013, 06:31 PM
Well he did until those last few runs at least. That's a nice 1-2 combo.

EllisUnit
01-20-2013, 06:34 PM
Is it just me or did new england look superior when we played them, and now they look rather average....

Textan
01-20-2013, 06:36 PM
Is it just me or did new england look superior when we played them, and now they look rather average....

Or maybe the Ravens aren't intimidated by them one bit?
Or maybe the Ravens have a very good QB?
Or maybe their coach prepared them properly?

EllisUnit
01-20-2013, 06:37 PM
Or maybe the Ravens aren't intimidated by them one bit?
Or maybe the Ravens have a very good QB?
Or maybe their coach prepared them properly?

Alot of maybes, i'm just stating facts.

Texn4life
01-20-2013, 06:41 PM
What is Ray Lewis doing out there? He's basically just taking up space.

EllisUnit
01-20-2013, 06:42 PM
goood i hate the patriots, i hate the ravens to but would rather see new england get their asses beat at home.

EllisUnit
01-20-2013, 06:42 PM

Prob whys he's retiring after this season :)

Texn4life
01-20-2013, 06:50 PM
Prob whys he's retiring after this season :)

Someone should tell him retirement starts after the season ends.

dtran04
01-20-2013, 06:59 PM

At least the Ravens don't have him lined outside trying to cover somebody.

thunderkyss
01-20-2013, 07:02 PM

Uh.... we scored 3 points.

dtran04
01-20-2013, 07:03 PM
Wow, Belichek screwed up there....

Showtime100
01-20-2013, 07:05 PM
Did anybody else notice when a Patriot hit the turf the clock read :26 and the next play the clock read :26??

Pretty quick imo.

srrono
01-20-2013, 07:05 PM
BAL def really looking good, What happened to BAL offense I have no idea.

Last weeks HOU offense and Tis weeks BAL Def beats this weeks NE lol

EllisUnit
01-20-2013, 07:20 PM
Only brady can put his leg out to trip/kick someone and not get a penalty called. I mean it was obvious

thunderkyss
01-20-2013, 07:21 PM
Dude just said Belichick is worried about Flacco.

I don't remember hearing Belichick being worried about Matt last week.

EllisUnit
01-20-2013, 07:22 PM
Uh.... we scored 3 points.

yeah the offense gets all the credit for those 3, a long drive of 4 yards whew :kitten:

Mr. Texan
01-20-2013, 07:23 PM
flacco and that offense has to pick it up

dtran04
01-20-2013, 07:24 PM
Ravens keep running at Wilfork too. I guess they didn't learn either. LOL

EllisUnit
01-20-2013, 07:24 PM

Kubiak is more worried about Schaub than opposing coaches our D.Cs, hence the play calling

Texcore
01-20-2013, 07:30 PM
The Ravens are funny team. They're good when they have to bee good. That is a mentally tough team right there.

Texcore
01-20-2013, 07:31 PM

When you have Tom Brady, what is there really to be worried about?

EllisUnit
01-20-2013, 07:33 PM
funny they can helmet to helmet a guy who calls fair catch and not get a penalty. lordy lordy, i know it would of been a tacky call but u can bet they would of called it if it had been welker who called fair catch

srrono
01-20-2013, 07:36 PM
Is it just me or is NE DBs getting away with a lot of holding and contact?

EllisUnit
01-20-2013, 07:39 PM
Is it just me or is NE DBs getting away with a lot of holding and contact?

Dont New England get away with everything ???

Mr. Texan
01-20-2013, 07:39 PM
ravens abandon the run

smart move.

spread em out and go shotgun and it works. who woulda thought?

EllisUnit
01-20-2013, 07:40 PM
raves abandon the run

smart move.

spread em out and go shoutgun. who woulda though?

haha yep. Amazing what decent coaching can do for a team with half the talent.

Texn4life
01-20-2013, 07:40 PM
raves abandon the run

smart move.

spread em out and go shoutgun. who woulda though?

It'll open up some running lanes in the 4th quarter.

Texcore
01-20-2013, 07:42 PM
ravens abandon the run

smart move.

spread em out and go shotgun and it works. who woulda thought?

Everyone BUT Kubiak

AJ-80
01-20-2013, 07:42 PM
These refs are so inconsistent. Call it both ways. Then the announcer goes on to say thats a clean hit when its essentially the same hit he called dirty minutes earlier - shoulder pad to helmet.

EllisUnit
01-20-2013, 07:44 PM
These refs are so inconsistent. Call it both ways. Then the announcer goes on to say thats a clean hit when its essentially the same hit he called dirty minutes earlier - shoulder pad to helmet.

yeah it is rather sick how much favortism the refs and NFL show to the patriots. u even touch a guy who calls a fair catch it is usually a penalty, yet they can hit them helmet to helmet, hold WRs 15 yards down the field, brady can pass while past the LOS. As long as its the pats they can do no wrong.

dtran04
01-20-2013, 07:50 PM
Patriots are sure having a much harder time when the Ravens just play a simple Man Cover 2. Notice how a LB is NEVER on the edge, no matter who is out there.

Hope Wade is watching.

Mr. Texan
01-20-2013, 07:53 PM
Patriots are sure having a much harder time when the Ravens just play a simple Man Cover 2. Notice how a LB is NEVER on the edge, no matter who is out there.

Hope Wade is watching.

it's refreshing seeing a cb on vereen instead of a slow lb when he goes out wide.

hey let's put someone with speed on someone with speed. GENIUS!

Texn4life
01-20-2013, 07:54 PM
I know its legal but I hate the way Yanda moves before every snap.

Texn4life
01-20-2013, 07:55 PM
Really like Pierce. Kid is gonna be a good one.

thunderkyss
01-20-2013, 07:55 PM
haha yep. Amazing what decent coaching can do for a team with half the talent.

Half the talent? The only place that it would be arguably lead, would be tight-end. Other than that, it's pretty dang close.

deucetx
01-20-2013, 07:57 PM
Kind of frustrating watching how the Ravens are making it seem so easy to control this game. Meanwhile we made it look like trying to climb Mount Everest with no arms and legs.

Texn4life
01-20-2013, 07:59 PM
Kind of frustrating watching how the Ravens are making it seem so easy to control this game. Meanwhile we made it look like trying to climb Mount Everest with no arms and legs.

That's what happens when your defense is able to get off the field on third down.

Mr. Texan
01-20-2013, 07:59 PM
when's the last time flacco took a snap from under center? seems like a long time ago.

edit*

now he does when they're at the goalline

srrono
01-20-2013, 08:01 PM
BAL OL doing a great job of blocking Flacco got all day back there. HOU OL has to get better in Pass Protection.

thunderkyss
01-20-2013, 08:03 PM

Agreed. I know there are a lot of things they are doing, but absolutely nothing that we weren't capable of doing.

I hope McNair is pulling out his hair right now & chewing Kubiak out as we speak.

Mr teX
01-20-2013, 08:03 PM
Smh at boldin and how he attacked that..then looked like......"get off me lil dude"

Mr teX
01-20-2013, 08:06 PM
Oh my goodness pollard....geez he slumped him

sometexansfan
Ridley just got the piss knocked out of him.

Pollardized
Pollardized!!!!

Mr. Texan
01-20-2013, 08:07 PM
whoa a turnover

haven't seen our defense get one of those in a minute.

srrono
01-20-2013, 08:08 PM
Kid did the splits after that hit, wow pollard hell of a hit.

Texn4life
Where's Pops from Friday when you need him? "You got knocked the F out!"

gg no re
As much as a pass coverage liability as Pollard was... I missed his ability to murder Patriots.

sometexansfan
01-20-2013, 08:10 PM
Damn even Flacco can run in wide open space.

Mr. Texan
01-20-2013, 08:12 PM
patriots really struggling with these shotgun 4-5 WR sets :kubepalm::wadepalm:

don't the ravens know 2 TE sets running the ball at wilfork is the recipe to beat the patriots?

Mr teX
01-20-2013, 08:12 PM
Ravens are in that ass!!!!! I love it!

MEGA SWATT
01-20-2013, 08:13 PM
Ravens are in that ass!!!!! I love it!

Lol

My bud was saying it would be better if the pats went to sb in Nawlins bc then u got beat by a Super Bowl team

But I said I'd rather have their dreams of another title crushed tonite

Plus we can say we destroyed a Super Bowl team this yr! (Ravens)

Textan
01-20-2013, 08:14 PM
Ravens are getting the revenge I hoped they would. I LOVE seeing the Patriots fall apart.

Lucky
So that's how you score TDs in the red zone?

stingray
Looks like its gonna be a Superbro.

Texn4life
Did I really just see a Patriots Pepsi commercial? No bias there from the League whatsoever.

Luv_ya_blue
01-20-2013, 08:15 PM
It matters not! The 49ers are gonna rip these ravens apart in a couple weeks.

Textan
01-20-2013, 08:15 PM
Did I really just see a Patriots Pepsi commercial? No bias there from the League whatsoever.

Yup, saw it before the game too. Made me queasy.

AJ-80
01-20-2013, 08:16 PM
Scary hit by Pollard. And we beat this team by 30...

:hankpalm:

Pollardized
As much as a pass coverage liability as Pollard was... I missed his ability to murder Patriots.

He was a liability here because the rest of the D was useless. He is not a cover safety, never claimed to be. What he does is bring a fierceness you want from the defense. And in the right system, with good people around him, he is a good safety to have.

Luv_ya_blue

How is PEPSI paying the Patriots for an advertisement, bias by the league??

Texn4life
01-20-2013, 08:20 PM

Seeing as how they are a League sponsor something about it doesn't quite sit right with me.

EllisUnit
01-20-2013, 08:20 PM
Haha love it, fk you patriots

Mr. Texan
01-20-2013, 08:21 PM
Tawm braidee y u no run for first down!!!!

srrono

Last yr HOU goes to BAL loese the game in playoffs but in all purposes beat BAL all over the field but lost but in that loss HOU gained the confidence that they could play with BAL. Fast forward to this year HOU spanks BAL in BAL. Now HOU has to believe they can beat NE. Hou plays NE in next seasons schedule so HOU has to either beat NE or at least prove to them selfs they can play with NE. Until then its like little brother syndrome.

Mr teX
Brady floundering like schaub there...that's a 1st ballot HOFer right there looking lost in space...thats why it kills me when folks bash schaub for that kind of stuff...when the heat is on, they all crumble.

Texn4life
01-20-2013, 08:22 PM
Brady looked pretty Schaubish on that play.

MEGA SWATT
How lovely it is to watch Brady and da pats lose!:whip:

sometexansfan

I believe Pepsi was doing something where they wanted to come up with a theme song for every team and since the Pats are playing and at home, that's probably why.

AJ-80
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yumR6US2m58

Add another one to the Pollard hit list

Playoffs
01-20-2013, 08:23 PM
How important was Aquib Talib to the Patriots defense???

thunderkyss
01-20-2013, 08:23 PM
Last yr HOU goes to BAL loese the game in playoffs but in all purposes beat BAL all over the field but lost but in that loss HOU gained the confidence that they could play with BAL. Fast forward to this year HOU spanks BAL in BAL. Now HOU has to believe they can beat NE. Hou plays NE in next seasons schedule so HOU has to either beat NE or at least prove to them selfs they can play with NE. Until then its like little brother syndrome.

Well, at least we know a strong defense is still a good way to beat the high scoring Patriots.

Mr. Texan
01-20-2013, 08:24 PM
wade phillips looking at this game like http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image/gif/914251be389f0a17257ebc496e5022907b0ade4.gif

Texn4life
01-20-2013, 08:25 PM
How important was Aquib Talib to the Patriots defense???

That's gonna be the excuse every Pats fan will throw out there after the game if they lose. Between him being hurt and Gronk they'll be able to justify this loss for a while.

srrono
01-20-2013, 08:28 PM
That's gonna be the excuse every Pats fan will throw out there after the game if they lose. Between him being hurt and Gronk they'll be able to justify this loss for a while.

Bad excuse If you ask me, I mean when you think NE whats the 1st thing you think of Defense? No its Brady and as of right now he has not carried this team as usual.

EllisUnit
is brady looking for a flag or something haha

Mr. Texan
:swatter::swatter::swatter::swatter::swatter:

sometexansfan
Woohoo interception!!!

srrono
01-20-2013, 08:29 PM
Nice Watt Swatt there lol

Texn4life
Bad excuse If you ask me, I mean when you think NE whats the 1st thing you think of Defense? No its Brady and as of right now he has not carried this team as usual.

I agree, but I'm just saying what the Chowder heads will be saying.

MEGA SWATT
wade phillips looking at this game like http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image/gif/914251be389f0a17257ebc496e5022907b0ade4.gif

Yup

thunderkyss
01-20-2013, 08:31 PM
Brady looked pretty Schaubish on that play.

That's what I'm thinking. Keep settling for field goals, can't will his team to a win..... I think it's time Brady retired. The Patriots need some new blood.

The Patriots have obviously regressed this year.

Pollardized
01-20-2013, 08:31 PM
Ref sounded sad just then saying interception was confirmed...

LonerATO
01-20-2013, 08:32 PM
I still can't believe that this is the same Ravens team, minus Ray Lewis that was destroyed in Houston this year.

Texn4life
01-20-2013, 08:33 PM
That's what I'm thinking. Keep settling for field goals, can't will his team to a win..... I think it's time Brady retired. The Patriots need some new blood.

We can only dream.

srrono
Dannell Ellerbe is a FA this year too another guy I would like to see as a ILB next to Cushing.

sometexansfan

I agree.

MEGA SWATT
01-20-2013, 08:34 PM
I still can't believe that this is the same Ravens team, minus Ray Lewis that was destroyed in Houston this year.

Would they have crushed us at home had we won last week?

Playoffs
01-20-2013, 08:35 PM
Ravens D has the right formula ... and it looks like they have another gear,

We need to acquire the formula & install the extra gear.

Texn4life
Very rarely do I ever see Belichick being outcoached, but he's getting laps ran around him right now.

LonerATO
Dannell Ellerbe is a FA this year too another guy I would like to see as a ILB next to Cushing.

I think the Texans have a real shot at Ogletree, and can then save the money for a FA WR.

ATXtexanfan
Our coaching staff is silly and our qb sucks. We got a long way to go before the Texans are taken seriously

sometexansfan
Go Leach!

EllisUnit
01-20-2013, 08:36 PM

No.....the texans/Kubiak/Schaub just seem scared of the patriots. We are the better team of the 3 IMO

Lurvinator11
01-20-2013, 08:36 PM
Who would have thought, that Jacoby would make it to a Super Bowl before us.

:mariopalm:

HoustonFrog
01-20-2013, 08:37 PM
Think Pats downfall was not being aggressive in Ravens territory. Got to Ravens territory or 35 3-4 times and punted. UnPat like

thunderkyss
Jacoby Jones going to the Super Bowl.

Mr. Texan
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2043783/sadpat_medium.gif

Texn4life

I'm sure quite a few people did since he went to a team that was a dropped pass away from going to the Super Bowl last year.

PockyAF
How many times did Balt fans say the same things about Harbaugh team the last couple of years, dumb dumb? Always the bridemaids, never the bride? Huh, dumb dumb?

35 year old man.. smh

LonerATO
One of the real differences in this game, is how Baltimore's oline is manhandling NE's dline.

ObsiWan

Belichick and Brady are more firmly tied at the hip than Schaub and Kubiak.
The game has obviously passed Belichick by
:kitten:

tedr
01-20-2013, 08:38 PM

Haven't been able to see much of the game - what is Baltimore's defense doing that the Texans supposedly better D couldn't do?

Mr. Texan
01-20-2013, 08:38 PM
harbaugh bowl mother****ers! :kitten:

tru80texan
01-20-2013, 08:39 PM
Our coaching staff is silly and our qb sucks. We got a long way to go before the Texans are taken seriously

The Texans just don't match up well against pass happy offenses or running qb's. The list goes on & on of teams that fit these descriptions & defeated the Texans. They have to be able to score w/ theses teams & adjust on defense to beat these teams. It's hard to believe that this has not happened yet.

MEGA SWATT
01-20-2013, 08:39 PM
No.....the texans/Kubiak/Schaub just seem scared of the patriots. We are the better team of the 3 IMO

I was hoping we would smack them down due to previous success this yr against them

They are goin to Nawlins bc of jacoby jones!!:vincepalm:

CretorFrigg
01-20-2013, 08:40 PM
Haven't been able to see much of the game - what is Baltimore's defense doing that the Texans supposedly better D couldn't do?

Executing. They're mostly playing man coverage as well, but they're doing their jobs, for the most part.

LonerATO

I don't think so, Texans match up really well with the Ravens, but if the Texans would have lost, it would have been pretty close.

Mr. Texan

not giving up a lot of 3rd and longs
not putting slow lb's on speedy rb's line up as wide receivers
holding them to field goals in the redzone
getting turnovers

MEGA SWATT
harbaugh bowl mother****ers! :kitten:

Yes!

ObsiWan

Jacoby Jones going to the Super Bowl.
Well, he did make the catch that got them into this game....
:fingergun:

Edit: Here's weirder thought:
Flacco > Tom Brady
...at least tonight
:thinking:

Txn_in_Oki
01-20-2013, 08:41 PM
Belichick and Brady are more firmly tied at the hip than Schaub and Kubiak.
The game has obviously passed Belichick by
:kitten:

The kitty is sarcasm right?

I love seeing Brady almost in tears.

LonerATO
01-20-2013, 08:42 PM

Better coverage, but its their offenses ability to just run the ball down the Patriots throats that has been the key.

gg no re
01-20-2013, 08:43 PM

Generate pressure using just 4 rushers,

Ghostform
Hopefully someone will ask Ray where the white suit is at since they are going to be kissing his ass for 2 weeks

dtran04
If Rahim Moore had not screwed up.....

Patriots would have beaten the Broncos.

Similar to how that Desean Jackson return let the Packers win the Super Bowl.

MEGA SWATT
01-20-2013, 08:44 PM
Fat lady has sung

It's not over, ok sure:turtle:

LonerATO
01-20-2013, 08:45 PM
I wonder if Shaughnessy is going to say that the Raven's just had a bye to the Super Bowl?

ObsiWan
What's this?!?
Dinking and dunking when they need two TDs to get back into it?

Fire Belichick!!
Trade Brady!!

Mr. Texan
ravens :swatter:'ing better than :swatter:

MEGA SWATT
01-20-2013, 08:46 PM
I wonder if Shaughnessy is going to say that the Raven's just had a bye to the Super Bowl?

Msr

Playoffs

Having real LBs helps.

klockWork
I'm amazed at the overwhelming of people who rank Schaub ahead of Flacco in this thread http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97545.
I hope Flacco finally get some respect over Schaub. And I hope 76Texan realize Schaub superior stats over Flacco means nothing in this league.

HoustonFrog
Again Failure to capitalize when Ravens territory key. Just played lame football and punted.

ObsiWan
01-20-2013, 08:47 PM

Patriots - 34
Ravens - 17

Well, at least you were right about it not being very close.
:tiphat:

Mr. Texan
3 turnovers and our defense couldn't get 1 :toropalm:

Pollardized
Congrats to Ray Lewis and the Ravens. "No weapon formed against us shall prosper!"

LonerATO
01-20-2013, 08:48 PM
That player just tried to high-5 BB.

MEGA SWATT
01-20-2013, 08:48 PM
So jealous....will my team ever get to the big dance:overreact::overreact:they earned it

Playoffs
01-20-2013, 08:49 PM
Turn out the lights,

The party's over...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ALAMCbqd0YY/TP2QuNRkAMI/AAAAAAAAAak/gT43rb22LF4/s1600/Don%2BMeredith%2Bcopy.jpg

srrono
01-20-2013, 08:50 PM
Dream press conference after game
Tom Brady says "I'm done I am retiring as of right now" lol

Texn4life
01-20-2013, 08:50 PM
Grandstand much Ray?

MEGA SWATT
01-20-2013, 08:51 PM
Grandstand much Ray?

U better hope niners bring it:swatter:

thunderkyss
01-20-2013, 08:51 PM
I'm amazed at the overwhelming of people who rank Schaub ahead of Flacco in this thread http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97545.
I hope Flacco finally get some respect over Schaub. And I hope 76Texan realize Schaub superior stats over Flacco means nothing in this league.

At the time, I think it would have been difficult to argue otherwise.

Big difference, is that Flacco stepped up, Ray Rice stepped up, that OL stepped up & that defense stepped up.

Today, Flacco only made one play I don't think Schaub could have made; that 12 yard run for the first down. But he also made a dozen plays (or more) that Schaub wouldn't have tried. His receivers were covered all night, but they stepped up & made plays as well.

Schaub ain't beating anyone by himself. & we saw Brady & Welker can't beat 22 guys.

ObsiWan
01-20-2013, 08:52 PM
Having real LBs helps.
That and safeties that make guys pay for catching the ball.

ObsiWan
01-20-2013, 08:54 PM
At the time, I think it would have been difficult to argue otherwise.

Big difference, is that Flacco stepped up, Ray Rice stepped up, that OL stepped up & that defense stepped up.

Today, Flacco only made one play I don't think Schaub could have made; that 12 yard run for the first down. But he also made a dozen plays (or more) that Schaub wouldn't have tried. His receivers were covered all night, but they stepped up & made plays as well.

Schaub ain't beating anyone by himself. & we saw Brady & Welker can't beat 22 guys.

BINGO!!
That first Bolden TD in the endzone. Schaub most likely wouldn't have pulled the trigger on that one and let A.J. try to make the play.

Texn4life
U better hope niners bring it:swatter:

I actually like Ray, but that but the crying in the middle of the field was over the top.

Textan

True, but while we floundered into the play offs......Baltimore got hot at the right time and they beat a team we couldn't beat.
Congratulations Ravens for doing what the Texans couldn't.
Ravens also won a Super Bowl in their fourth year of existence, something the Texans haven't even sniffed.
While I'm a Texans fan, I can't help but admire Baltimore.

Playoffs
http://mcveyffl.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/brady_crying.jpg

ObsiWan
01-20-2013, 08:55 PM
Turn out the lights,

The party's over...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ALAMCbqd0YY/TP2QuNRkAMI/AAAAAAAAAak/gT43rb22LF4/s1600/Don%2BMeredith%2Bcopy.jpg

Yep. Back to the Golf Channel...

Txn_in_Oki
01-20-2013, 08:55 PM
Well, we get to watch Ray Lewis act like a coo-coo for another couple weeks. That should be entertaining.

ObsiWan
01-20-2013, 08:57 PM
True, but while we floundered into the play offs......Baltimore got hot at the right time and they beat a team we couldn't beat.
Congratulations Ravens for doing what the Texans couldn't.
Ravens also won a Super Bowl in their fourth year of existence, something the Texans haven't even sniffed.
While I'm a Texans fan, I can't help but admire Baltimore.

Yet they went 1-4 in December.....

Apparently, they know how to up their game come playoff time.
We haven't learned that yet.

Texn4life
01-20-2013, 08:59 PM

You gotta think though...... How many losses when they were knocking on the door did it take them? They've had their share of disappointments the past 5-6 years and bounced back. We'll have to do the same.

srrono
01-20-2013, 09:00 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/24xhqph.jpg

klockWork
01-20-2013, 09:02 PM
Did anyone thought the refs made any attempt to help NE win this game? If not then we should close the case in this thread http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2098786

Showtime100
01-20-2013, 09:04 PM
I can't believe we are not there and the Ravens are there. Anybody feel that?

srrono
01-20-2013, 09:05 PM
Dan Wetzel ‏@DanWetzel

Suggs: "Tell them to have fun at the Pro Bowl. Arrogant F---ers."
Retweeted by Bruce Arthur

JCTexan
01-20-2013, 09:06 PM

Yes. I'm not saying the Texans are better, but I would have like to see the outcome of a Texans-Ravens game today. Too bad...

kiwitexansfan

It is a rock paper scissors thing.

Ravens beat Patriots, Patriots beat Texans, Texans beat Ravens.

Texn4life
Dan Wetzel ‏@DanWetzel

Suggs: "Tell them to have fun at the Pro Bowl. Arrogant F---ers."
Retweeted by Bruce Arthur

Stay classy T-Sizzle.

Showtime100
01-20-2013, 09:09 PM
Yes. I'm not saying the Texans are better, but I would have like to see the outcome of a Texans-Ravens game today. Too bad...

Yes, well said.

Texn4life
01-20-2013, 09:12 PM
Man, Shannon Sharpe really nailed it on Belichick right there.

ObsiWan
01-20-2013, 09:12 PM

Not really.
The Ravens we beat way back in week six or seven and the Ravens that embarrassed Brady & Co. in front of their home fans are two different teams. I doubt we - especially the December/January version of us - put up a forty-burger on the Ravens team that was out there tonight.

ObsiWan
01-20-2013, 09:14 PM
Man, Shannon Sharpe really nailed it on Belichick right there.
What they say? I made the mistake of switching to NFLN...

Texcore
01-20-2013, 09:15 PM
Congratulations to the Ravens.

srrono
01-20-2013, 09:16 PM
Well another year of no #1 seed in the SuperBowl.

Texn4life
01-20-2013, 09:17 PM
What they say? I made the mistake of switching to NFLN...

Belichick sent McCourty to talk to the reporter after the game instead of talking himself.

Sharpe said something to the effect that you must also be gracious in defeat and Belichick is the only coach that's done that and he's done it a couple of times now. Said it shows very poor sportsmanship on his part and he makes it easy for people to hate the Pats.

ObsiWan
01-20-2013, 09:17 PM
So what you're saying is home field ain't all that, huh...?

ObsiWan
01-20-2013, 09:20 PM
Belichick sent McCourty to talk to the reporter after the game instead of talking himself.

Sharpe said something to the effect that you must also be gracious in defeat and Belichick is the only coach that's done that and he's done it a couple of times now. Said it shows very poor sportsmanship on his part and he makes it easy for people to hate the Pats.
...like I need another reason...

...but I'll add it to the list anyway.
:D

Showtime100
01-20-2013, 09:21 PM
Not really.
The Ravens we beat way back in week six or seven and the Ravens that embarrassed Brady & Co. in front of their home fans are two different teams. I doubt we - especially the December/January version of us - put up a forty-burger on the Ravens team that was out there tonight.

If I were in your company I would agree with your opinion with a handshake.

Well said.

Textan
01-20-2013, 09:24 PM

Yup, I was looking at their record going into the play offs and it wasn't impressive at all. Lost 4 of their last 5 in December.
Yet, this team did what our Texans team couldn't.
Just goes to prove the regular season is of little significance, just as long as you reach the play offs.
Heck, Texans had a better record in December than the Ravens did.
Coaching, to me that's what the problem is.

srrono
01-20-2013, 09:24 PM
Mary Paoletti ‏@Mary_Paoletti

Wilfork: "Taking a loss like this makes you wonder how long you want to keep playing. But it's just a moment. I'll get over it."

Nawzer
01-20-2013, 09:28 PM
Ravens have the perfect blueprint defensively to beat teams like the Patriots and Broncos. Play hard defense and hit them in the mouth a few times and the other team suddenly plays a bit scared. Hope Kubiak, Wade, and Smith were watching the game because this is the plan we need to implement. We need to build a defense that can stonewall and hit hard.

Foxboro Steve
01-20-2013, 10:02 PM
They got *****-slapped. The Ravens are tougher, and they deserve to move on.

gg no re
01-20-2013, 10:11 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/24xhqph.jpg
http://kagogi.mee.nu/images/tony-romo-crying.jpg

http://www.yardbarker.com/media/3/9/392dc5be07b2304ec3e16b558f77b544971ec83f/xl/brady-sitting.jpg

Texn4life
01-20-2013, 10:17 PM

A very battle tested and resilient group. Suggs was supposed to miss the season and came back MUCH sooner than anyone expected. Lewis was supposed to miss the rest of the year and came back. Smith playing a day after his brother died. Shuffled their o-line. Fired their offensive coordinator. These guys have shown this year what toughness is all about. I thought we showed a lot of that last year, but just came up short. Its kind of hard to root against them after all they've had to overcome.

Hervoyel
01-20-2013, 10:25 PM
The Texans clearly don't have even a fraction of the intensity and will to win of either of these two teams. The Ravens like the 49er's in the NFC are just a perfect example of a team that will do anything to reach their goal.

The Texans are trying to follow some kind of slow-and-steady-wins-the-race process where everyone feels good about themselves and one another. I'm completely hats off to the Ravens and congratulations to their fans. That's a team that understands what it takes to face adversity and push through it. We got a stupid forced nickname for our defense, some cool jackets, and a team that goes cross-eyed and fetal when they play a contender or really almost anyone on national television.

Showtime100
01-20-2013, 10:36 PM

Classy post. A post not on the Ravens or Patriots site, but here. I respect that tremendously.

God help us all next season. :D

thunderkyss
01-21-2013, 08:21 AM

Thought it was interesting that seeding & HFA did not help anyone in the AFC. Baltimore's Home Field aura is smashed & they go on the road & win in the divisional round, they win the AFC on the road. They even had to play Wild Card weekend.

thunderkyss
01-21-2013, 08:25 AM
Ravens have the perfect blueprint defensively to beat teams like the Patriots and Broncos. Play hard defense and hit them in the mouth a few times and the other team suddenly plays a bit scared. Hope Kubiak, Wade, and Smith were watching the game because this is the plan we need to implement. We need to build a defense that can stonewall and hit hard.

Good points, but is it time to move on? Are the Ravens the team to beat now? Then if teams like Greenbay, Seattle, Carolina, & Washington the teams to beat?

Thorn
01-21-2013, 08:47 AM

I'm already sick of it. The hype for this coming Super Bowl is just to much for me. Already the NFL is calling it Harbowl I.

Showtime100
01-21-2013, 09:06 AM
I'm already sick of it. The hype for this coming Super Bowl is just to much for me. Already the NFL is calling it Harbowl I.

I'm going to watch the Inauguration today specifically to see if sombody from ESPN interrupts it in the middle ala Kanye West.

"Hold up hold up, I'll let you finish in a second Barack, but I just want to say Ray Lewis should be the one standing here right now........."

Wolf
01-21-2013, 10:45 AM
Impressive run by the Ravens. They took out two hall of famers and the two best quarterbacks of our generation