PDA

View Full Version : Texans too Soft to compete with the Patriots...

EllisUnit
01-19-2013, 02:24 PM
http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/01/16/texans-too-soft-to-compete-with-patriots/

Listen to it, it is actually a pretty good assesment of our team, and he also talks about Schaub and feels the way a lot of us feel about him. Not to bad.

Lucky
01-19-2013, 02:45 PM
Not this too soft crap again...

Too slow. Too unprepared. Not too soft.

EllisUnit
01-19-2013, 02:47 PM

Yeah in the pod cast thats basically what he says, and he really blames the coach for it all. I think what he really means is that Kubiak is to soft, thats what i came away with when i heard it.

ThaShark316
01-19-2013, 02:54 PM
Soft from a "we can hit you in the mouth" standpoint? Hell nah.

Mentally, however, the Texans can be labeled..."ehh, they aren't ready just yet" standpoint.

How do you eliminate that? Figure out your issues when the lights are the brightest. Luckily for our boys, the issues aren't MASSIVE and plentiful to where they have to make WHOLESALE changes to get to where they want to go.

EllisUnit
01-19-2013, 02:55 PM

Mentally, however, the Texans can be labeled..."ehh, they aren't ready just yet" standpoint.

How do you eliminate that? Figure out your issues when the lights are the brightest. Luckily for our boys, the issues aren't MASSIVE and plentiful.

Sucks i was hoping to see one of your game day threads early tomorrow morning :(. Maybe next year.

ThaShark316
01-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Sucks i was hoping to see one of your game day threads early tomorrow morning :(. Maybe next year.

Next year, my first playoff game thread will have a "(1)" next to "Texans".

EllisUnit
01-19-2013, 02:59 PM
Next year, my first playoff game thread will have a "(1)" next to "Texans".

I sure hope so

thunderkyss
01-19-2013, 03:08 PM

I definitely think it's a mentally soft issue. When it mattered most, they folded as a team. I think GP hit the nail on the head when he cited that kick-off return vs Indy as the turning point in that game. We fought so hard to get back in that game & bam... they folded after that return.

We've got the top ten defense, but when New England wanted to throw for a TD, they threw for a TD, when they ran on 3rd & 1 they picked up 10, when they ran for a first down, they scored a TD.

We've got a top 10 running game & can't pick up 3rd & 1, can't pick up 4th & 1.

Soft.

Premier
01-19-2013, 03:18 PM
ive been calling schaub a mental midget since 2009... he folded in week 5 against the raiders with 10 men on the field.. people believe in this guy???

ThaShark316
01-19-2013, 03:25 PM
ive been calling schaub a mental midget since 2009... he folded in week 5 against the raiders with 10 men on the field.. people believe in this guy???

Easy TD if our homie Jacoby runs to the back of the end zone. *shrug*

boom boom
01-19-2013, 03:36 PM
as a PATS fan i dont think u are soft. you guys play physical and tough. you fought right till the end. i just think you had trouble with the hurry up, new england is good at stopping the run with wilfork, and the cushing injury hurt unfortunately, nut i would not say you guys are soft. look at the way you destroyed the ravens, bears, and broncos. soft teams dont destroy teams like that by being soft, especially in the old school smash mouth game you guys played against the bears. you were more physical and thats why u won. im telling you guys you have a damn good football team and will be in the hunt every year from here on in for a super bowl berth. just my opinion guys.

Playoffs
01-19-2013, 03:36 PM

Wasn't "Hard" Mike Lombardi who said Texans were soft?

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/mikelombardi.jpg?w=212

rolyat93
01-19-2013, 03:37 PM

Houston Texans - "Maybe next year" since 2002.

thunderkyss
01-19-2013, 03:39 PM
Easy TD if our homie Jacoby runs to the back of the end zone. *shrug*

He might have, if the ball was thrown over his head, instead, where it was thrown, Jacoby had to run through a LB to make a play on it.

Thorn
01-19-2013, 03:47 PM
The Texans are a much better than average team. They are a playoff team. They just aren't a championship team. They have to many pieces missing to be anything but a "show up for the playoffs and bow out" team.

Still, though, it's an improvement over the laughing stock they used to be. As long as Kubiak is the head coach we'll be stuck here forever. I don't know which is worse, having a crappy head coach like Capers or having a fair to middlin' coach like Kubiak who keeps giving you cake but forgetting the icing.

boom boom
01-19-2013, 03:51 PM
The Texans are a much better than average team. They are a playoff team. They just aren't a championship team. They have to many pieces missing to be anything but a "show up for the playoffs and bow out" team.

Still, though, it's an improvement over the laughing stock they used to be. As long as Kubiak is the head coach we'll be stuck here forever. I don't know which is worse, having a crappy head coach like Capers or having a fair to middlin' coach like Kubiak who keeps giving you cake but forgetting the icing.

well said and i would do it in free agency. get a speed receiver to stretch the field and a couple veteran cornerbacks. other than that 28 teams would die to be in the texans shoes right now. as a pats fan i feel the texans are the next best team in the afc.

boom boom
01-19-2013, 03:55 PM
Wasn't "Hard" Mike Lombardi who said Texans were soft?

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/mikelombardi.jpg?w=212

what are the cleveland browns thinking hiring lombardi, he knows nothing about football. i cant stand him.

thunderkyss
01-19-2013, 04:09 PM

I agree. In the past we'd have been counting our "quality" wins as we prepared for the draft. I don't know what this would be like if we didn't have wins over play-off teams.

They came out the gates, with greatness on their minds, just couldn't sustain. Still think it was a helluva ride & my season ticket money was well spent.

EllisUnit
01-19-2013, 04:20 PM
as a PATS fan i dont think u are soft. you guys play physical and tough. you fought right till the end. i just think you had trouble with the hurry up, new england is good at stopping the run with wilfork, and the cushing injury hurt unfortunately, nut i would not say you guys are soft. look at the way you destroyed the ravens, bears, and broncos. soft teams dont destroy teams like that by being soft, especially in the old school smash mouth game you guys played against the bears. you were more physical and thats why u won. im telling you guys you have a damn good football team and will be in the hunt every year from here on in for a super bowl berth. just my opinion guys.

hmmmm it is only considered hurry up if you actually hurry. haha so we have no such thing.

boom boom
01-19-2013, 04:57 PM
hmmmm it is only considered hurry up if you actually hurry. haha so we have no such thing.

i hope we win the super bowl but if we dont i cant believe under brady and belichek we have gone to 7 afc championship games in 12 years. its going to be a sad day in new england when them two retire. i just try to enjoy it now because nothing lasts forever and all good things come to an end thats why ellis you should be pumped about your texans. this is just the beginning for you guys especially foster and watt are in there early 20's.

ATXtexanfan
01-19-2013, 06:48 PM
Qb=team leader. Soft qb soft team. Oh well. Maybe next year

KA4Texan
01-19-2013, 07:27 PM

This is why I want Schaub gone (IMO the team makes bigger strides replacing Kubiak) , I think with an above mediocre HC Schaub succeeds here without needing to be a Brady, Manning etc.......

But since Kubiak isn't likely to be going anywhere (Schaub either), we HAVE to give Kubiak something else to work with. ( Doing the same thing and expecting different results is foolish.)

TJ - Playoffs, beat Bengals, lose next round.

Schaub - Playoffs, beat Bengals, lose next round.

I have to say in our case being stuck with a mediocre HC with so much talent on the field is worse than having a bad HC.

With so much talent on the field and mediocre HC it appears that you are "almost there" and major changes aren't made (Such as QB, HC)

With a bad HC, changes are made and "no one is safe"

I will be cheering for my team next season, but I think Kubiak has taken this team as far as he can. He took us from bad to good, I thank him for that.

I'm ready for someone to take us from good to best, especially while we have all this talent to work with.

Thorn
01-19-2013, 08:51 PM
I will be cheering for my team next season, but I think Kubiak has taken this team as far as he can. He took us from bad to good, I thank him for that.

I'm ready for someone to take us from good to best, especially while we have all this talent to work with.

That's how I feel as well.

thunderkyss
01-19-2013, 09:15 PM
i hope we win the super bowl but if we dont i cant believe under brady and belichek we have gone to 7 afc championship games in 12 years. its going to be a sad day in new england when them two retire. i just try to enjoy it now because nothing lasts forever and all good things come to an end thats why ellis you should be pumped about your texans. this is just the beginning for you guys especially foster and watt are in there early 20's.

To a man, everyone here still thinks our team is good enough to beat your team, anytime, anyplace, anywhere.

That's why they're so upset.

Grams
01-20-2013, 07:03 AM

We are not soft, we are just not mentally tough.

We have not learned how to play on the big stage with the big boys yet. That is on the coaching - offensive and defensive.

boom boom
01-20-2013, 07:23 AM
To a man, everyone here still thinks our team is good enough to beat your team, anytime, anyplace, anywhere.

That's why they're so upset.

i agree with you. i believe you can beat us as well. you know i respect your team.

boom boom
01-20-2013, 07:23 AM
We are not soft, we are just not mentally tough.

We have not learned how to play on the big stage with the big boys yet. That is on the coaching - offensive and defensive.

agree, you guys will be fine. you think will beat baltimore today

Honoring Earl 34
01-20-2013, 12:31 PM
These guys are tougher ? :kitten:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/687/121/2013-2014-alternate-uniforms-leaked1_original.png?1358449113

EllisUnit
01-20-2013, 12:32 PM

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/687/121/2013-2014-alternate-uniforms-leaked1_original.png?1358449113

they did stomp all over us twice, and it wasnt while they were wearing rainbow shoes in the locker room. Dang if only the nfl was a dressing competition, we would WIN the SB with Foster alone :).

Playoffs
01-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Loss hurts even worse, now. :brickwall:

Jules Winnfield
01-20-2013, 01:43 PM
two most important positions in a nfl team is the qb and head coach.

sad that its our two biggest weakness.

MEGA SWATT
01-20-2013, 02:21 PM
That's how I feel as well.

bingo. :goodpost: