PDA

View Full Version : Expert NFL Analyst John McClain Gives His TAKE (Must Listen)

roooshi
01-15-2013, 04:11 PM
The Houston Chronicle's John McClain is an NFL expert for the midday show on Nashville's 104.5 the Zone. Today he was scheduled for his regular Tuesday guest appearance on the Midday 180 when things went hysterically awry.

Namely, McClain fell asleep.

The resulting seven minutes is completely and totally priceless radio.

I mean, for three guys who probably didn't expect for their guest to fall asleep during a break Paul Kuharsky, Chad Withrow, and Jonathan Hutton perform like absolute pros.

It's almost like they expected for John McClain to fall asleep during his segment.

You absolutely must listen to this audio.

http://outkickthecoverage.com/houston-chronicles-john-mcclain-falls-asleep-during-midday-180-interview.php

Audio can be heard here.

http://outkickthecoverage.com/tyfoon/site/fckeditor/file/mcclain%20sleeping%201-15-13.mp3

HoustonFrog
01-15-2013, 04:47 PM
That is pretty damn funny.

Double Barrel
01-15-2013, 04:48 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! That's pretty damn funny. :heh:

Yankee_In_TX
01-15-2013, 04:48 PM
I gave rep to the OP.

76Texan
01-15-2013, 04:54 PM
Priceless, LOL

b0ng
01-15-2013, 04:59 PM
At first I read the title and thought "There is no way something McClain said that is a must listen". I guess I was only half wrong since it wasn't what he said that was priceless.

PapaL
01-15-2013, 05:01 PM
That dude...smh

CretorFrigg
01-15-2013, 05:03 PM
This is gold. LOL

Dutchrudder
01-15-2013, 05:11 PM
Did they ever confirm that he fell asleep? If not, I hope he's OK. A dude his size easily could have had a heart attack.

SheTexan
01-15-2013, 05:16 PM
Freaking funny!!! I'm just surprised one of them didn't think that he might be dead!

HTown2ATX
01-15-2013, 05:17 PM
Did they ever confirm that he fell asleep? If not, I hope he's OK. A dude his size easily could have had a heart attack.

You could hear him snore once so yeah he was just asleep.

I heard the audio on J&R today and they commented that they should have kept John's phone line up in the background so you could hear him sleep while they talked and they are right. That would have been much funnier. Those guys in Nashville screwed up what could have been true comedy gold! Although they are in SEC country, so, in general I get why they wouldn't think of that....

Wolf
01-15-2013, 06:29 PM
I. Clicked the thread expecting to hear John "nom nom nom nom" While munching out,but this is just good

thunderkyss
01-15-2013, 06:38 PM
http://outkickthecoverage.com/houston-chronicles-john-mcclain-falls-asleep-during-midday-180-interview.php

Audio can be heard here.

http://outkickthecoverage.com/tyfoon/site/fckeditor/file/mcclain%20sleeping%201-15-13.mp3

He seems like such a cool guy.

http://storiesbywilliams.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/diehard.jpeg

bckey
01-15-2013, 06:48 PM
this guy needs to retire.

Playoffs
01-15-2013, 07:15 PM
Hang on .... hang on!

We have a photo coming in.....

http://www.voont.com/files/images/slideshow/20-photos-to-cure-polio/2.jpg

Jules Winnfield
01-15-2013, 07:18 PM
morbid obesity at its finest.

EllisUnit
01-15-2013, 07:28 PM
HAHA yeah this is classic...... Awesome haha

silentassassin
01-15-2013, 07:33 PM
Too many pancakes.

SmoochyTX
01-15-2013, 07:36 PM
This is pretty freaking hilarious!!!

:kubepalm:

Brisco_County
01-15-2013, 10:37 PM
Cut him some slack. He's a tirelessly hard worker.

(I bet he's dreaming of mooching Earl Campbell sausage links from blue lot).

GP
01-15-2013, 10:46 PM
My gawd. Please tell me that's fake. PLEASE.

There's no way that's legitimate. In what universe would a guy like him still have his job after THAT....if it was indeed 100% real?????

chicagotexan2
01-15-2013, 11:14 PM
People he was in character for his upcoming role in NyQuil the musical.

Brisco_County
01-15-2013, 11:41 PM
The impressive part was that he was simultaneously typing his weekly post-game summary.

Norg
01-16-2013, 12:53 AM
its been two long playoff weeks he was prob workin hard and very tired

i know i felt a little tired 2 days ago like drained

Hookem Horns
01-16-2013, 01:11 AM
My gawd. Please tell me that's fake. PLEASE.

There's no way that's legitimate. In what universe would a guy like him still have his job after THAT....if it was indeed 100% real?????

LOL .. he's JM and can get away with that, though he's going to get ribbed for that for a good while I imagine.

It's not like he fell asleep in the studio. They probably had him on hold for awhile before putting him on the air and he dozed off while waiting. Since his snoring was so loud I wonder if he had a Blue Tooth on.

I will say this about JM. Before knowing him I trashed him pretty hard because of the Bud Adams thing. I don't remember if it were from an article I wrote on the old Texans Talk or maybe I fired a hate email off to him. However to my surprise he responded in a dignified manner.

He did some cool things for a few of us back then and some were saying he was just trying to win us over. However all these years later he is still real approachable and will go out of his way for the fans. I don't text him much but did couple of times this season and he always responds. Whether you like his writing, etc or not, he is a good guy.

Also, he reads this board. ;)

That all said .. he does deserve this thread ...lol.

infantrycak
01-16-2013, 03:09 AM
Whether you like his writing, etc or not, he is a good guy.

Having met him I concur. I think he is more of a football insider than analyst but nothing wrong with that - good guy.

Brisco_County
01-16-2013, 08:02 AM
I will say this about JM. Before knowing him I trashed him pretty hard because of the Bud Adams thing. I don't remember if it were from an article I wrote on the old Texans Talk or maybe I fired a hate email off to him. However to my surprise he responded in a dignified manner.

Back when you wrote essays for the front page, you wrote one criticizing McClain's article and also Bud Adams. He contacted you about it, and made the case that Bud wasn't such a bad guy.

When I got back into watching football years ago, I read McClain's blog and I would participate in his live chats. At some point, his work became less substantial and I stopped following him. I've spoken to many people who had the same experience. Now he is, as mentioned above, an insider more than analyst. I hear him on the local Austin stations playing that role.

Txn_in_FL
01-16-2013, 08:19 AM
its been two long playoff weeks he was prob workin hard and very tired

i know i felt a little tired 2 days ago like drained

Whatever you say John.

HOU-TEX
01-16-2013, 09:40 AM
Having met him I concur. I think he is more of a football insider than analyst but nothing wrong with that - good guy.

Good guy or not, he's got to get his weight under control. He was friggin HUGE the last time I saw him. Health issues are surely to come if they haven't already.

HoustonFrog
01-16-2013, 09:48 AM

I don't doubt he is a good guy..seems like a guy to hang with.. but I really couldn't stand listening to him when he decided he wasn't an insider anymore. When I first moved I used to love hearing his segment on 610 because he'd give inside scoop on who was looking where, who might sign, etc. Then he turned into angry, defensive analyst who just regurgitated stuff he thought he heard and much of it didn't make sense. I remember when the Texans D was getting torched 5 years ago or so and fans wanted Richard Smith to blitz more. John kept repeating...weekly, the same tired line about..."they can't blitz because the DBs can't cover, etc." Yet out of desperation they started blitzing late that season and it worked some. When this was brought to his attention he got peeved. Just be an insider and stick with it.

thunderkyss
01-17-2013, 12:25 PM
What do y'all think of Barry Warner?

Rey
01-17-2013, 12:57 PM
Has to be fake.

Not fake and not the first time it's happened.

Playoffs
01-17-2013, 01:22 PM
...not the first time it's happened.
Yep. His mother posted old videos of a younger John doing interviews:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKwgklxOyJA

76Texan
01-17-2013, 03:58 PM
The impressive part was that he was simultaneously typing his weekly post-game summary.

With his nose or forehead ?

76Texan
01-17-2013, 03:59 PM
yep. His mother posted old videos of a younger john doing interviews:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekwgklxoyja

lol

GP
01-17-2013, 06:11 PM
With his nose or forehead ?

No. He had that Dragon talk-to-text software to conduct his write-up.

But unfortunately all that got put to text was this:

Zzzzz.....gurrrrbbble wheeeshhhh...zzzz..

Double Barrel
01-17-2013, 06:52 PM
What do y'all think of Barry Warner?

I think he's funny.

I like these old dues for their war stories. Yeah, they act like they know everything there is to know and expect you to worship their analysis, but to me, their real value is the experiences with local sports history.

A lot of folks really dislike Warner, and I can understand it. But, he's a radio personality and his job it to entertain us. And in that regard, I am usually entertained by his curmudgeon attitude toward the young dudes at the station.

Rey
01-17-2013, 08:39 PM
I like warner. I like almost everyone on the radio. Warner and Freddie d almost had a fist fight on air a while ago...lol...it was great...went to commercial, came back and neither would come to the mic...they had to go back to commercial...

silentassassin
01-17-2013, 10:05 PM
I like warner. I like almost everyone on the radio. Warner and Freddie d almost had a fist fight on air a while ago...lol...it was great...went to commercial, came back and neither would come to the mic...they had to go back to commercial...

Oh that is HILARIOUS. I used to listen to them for the first few weeks where Freddie D was officially his partner on the show, but haven't listened to them since.

I gotta know what this was about.

BullNation4Life
01-17-2013, 11:28 PM
"This is fake, absolutely 100% fake. No way this is even remotely real and shame on anybody who thinks otherwise..."

~Manti & Lennay

76Texan
01-17-2013, 11:37 PM
I think he's funny.

I like these old dues for their war stories. Yeah, they act like they know everything there is to know and expect you to worship their analysis, but to me, their real value is the experiences with local sports history.

A lot of folks really dislike Warner, and I can understand it. But, he's a radio personality and his job it to entertain us. And in that regard, I am usually entertained by his curmudgeon attitude toward the young dudes at the station.

Same here. I like Warner. He's entertaining alright.

HJam72
01-19-2013, 08:51 AM
Actually, this might be the best analysis McClain has ever given. :chef: