PDA

View Full Version : The Colin Kaepernick Show

Vinny
01-15-2013, 11:34 AM
The Colin Kaepernick Show, episode eight.

Keep these things in mind after Kaepernick's eighth NFL start, the 14-point rout of the Packers, in which he set the NFL record for rushing yards by a quarterback (181) in a game:

• Blaine Gabbert was chosen 26 picks ahead of Kaerpernick.

• The following players were chosen ahead of Kaepernick: Jake Locker, Adrian Clayborn, Anthony Castonzo, Danny Watkins, James Carpenter, Jonathan Baldwin, Jimmy Smith, Gabe Carimi, Cameron Jordan, Cameron Hayward, Derek Sherrod, Ras-I Dowling and Aaron Williams.

• Buffalo passed on him twice, and Arizona, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Minnesota, Miami, Cleveland, Philadelphia, Jacksonville, Kansas City and the Jets once apiece. Buddy Nix, Rod Graves, Mike Reinfeldt, Gene Smith, Rick Spielman, Jeff Ireland, Tom Heckert, Howie Roseman, Scott Pioli and Mike Tannenbaum -- the GMs who passed on Kaepernick in the 2010 draft -- must be asking themselves, "Maybe we should have seen this trend coming."

Notice one thing about those 10 draft-day deciders: Six have been fired since the day Kaepernick was chosen 36th overall by the Niners in April 2011.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130114/peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback-divisional-playoffs/#ixzz2I4Bk7wDS

Playoffs
01-15-2013, 11:40 AM
The ink scared all the old school scouts off:

http://www.sfgate.com/news/slideshow/49ers-players-get-inked-up-49428.php#photo-3486564

HoustonFrog
01-15-2013, 11:40 AM
To add to Jacksonville's woes regarding QBs...they took a punter 5 spots ahead of Russell Wilson. So they are double done.

SheTexan
01-15-2013, 11:45 AM
:love: Just hope he hangs on for two more games before someone takes his knee out!!

Right now!! I'm LOVIN me some NINERS!!! Sixth SB comin up on Feb 3rd!!

Double Barrel
01-15-2013, 12:44 PM
Kaepernick is the real deal. I look forward to watching this kid's career. We are seeing intangibles in the guy that cannot be taught. Mix that with his QB skills and athletic abilities, and I would not be shocked at all of this dude is considered one of the best in the next couple of years.

Corrosion
01-17-2013, 07:52 AM
Kaepernick is the real deal. I look forward to watching this kid's career. We are seeing intangibles in the guy that cannot be taught. Mix that with his QB skills and athletic abilities, and I would not be shocked at all of this dude is considered one of the best in the next couple of years.

I sure didnt expect him to play at such a high level this early. Hell , I thought it was a mistake to bench Smith , mostly because of the mistakes I expected from Kaepernick. He's made a few but made up for them.

RonnieLott42
01-18-2013, 04:55 PM
Finally an offense to match the defense. I respect what Alex did but always wondered what this team would look like with a dynamic player at QB.

chicagotexan2
01-20-2013, 02:58 PM
San Fran better get it together or the kaepernick show won't be airing much longer. This team looks like its built for years and years of success.

thunderkyss
01-20-2013, 03:44 PM
I fall back on what Mike said, "Everybody's got a plan, 'till they get punched in the mouth."

I remember when Shaun King was going to take the Buccaneers back to the Super Bowl. I don't remember if they made the play offs again.

I like watching Kaepernick. I don't like watching that pistol formation & the zone read. Next season will tell us if he's an also ran or the real deal.

I don't have a dog in the race either way, I'm going to enjoy watching either way.

Now Julio Jones..... that cat's the real deal.

Rey
01-20-2013, 03:58 PM
Kaepernick being the real deal is not relevant if they get to or win the superbowl this year.

Worry about the league catching up to you when that happens.

This is the first time I've really watched him play and he looks good. He has a really good arm.

gg no re
01-20-2013, 05:31 PM
Kaepernick being the real deal is not relevant if they get to or win the superbowl this year.

Worry about the league catching up to you when that happens.

This is the first time I've really watched him play and he looks good. He has a really good arm.
He also doesn't seem to wilt when neck deep in a hole, unlike some QBs.

thunderkyss
01-20-2013, 05:32 PM

Agreed. He had a hell of a game.