PDA

View Full Version : Watt spit on Patriots logo?

gtexan02
01-13-2013, 07:04 PM
Sounds so out of character. Any truth to it? I hope not... Very childish and shows terrible sportsmanship

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1830621

Watts my favorite player. I doubt it happened, based on his entire history

Titans Sux 72
01-13-2013, 07:11 PM
Boo freaking hooo!

Get over it. It's football.

Go watch golf if you don't like it.

GTFOH!

gtexan02
01-13-2013, 07:18 PM
Boo freaking hooo!

Get over it. It's football.

Go watch golf if you don't like it.

GTFOH!

Lol who are you?

GP
01-13-2013, 07:21 PM
Sounds so out of character. Any truth to it? I hope not... Very childish and shows terrible sportsmanship

I wouldn't care if it WAS true.

Only guy showing an attitude that says "YOUR MY ENEMY!"

gtexan02
01-13-2013, 07:26 PM
I wouldn't care if it WAS true.

Only guy showing an attitude that says "YOUR MY ENEMY!"

Show it on the field. Everything else is just stupid. It's passive aggressive. There's a reason I respect AJ more than TO

Heath Shuler
01-13-2013, 07:28 PM

Have you even been around football? Guys spit a lot.

gtexan02
01-13-2013, 07:32 PM
Have you even been around football? Guys spit a lot.

Read the article dude.

Multiple reports from journalists at the game said Watt went to midfield during his pregame warmups, spit on the Patriots logo and wiped his feet like it was a welcome mat

Heath Shuler
01-13-2013, 07:36 PM
Read the article dude.

I read it dude.

Making a big deal out of nothing.

kcdoubleeagle
01-13-2013, 07:36 PM
I'm very upset he spit on their logo...I really don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight.

Heath Shuler
01-13-2013, 07:38 PM
I'm very upset he spit on their logo...I really don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight.

exactly.

Let me know when he spits on a patriot; until then, mountains out of mole hills.

gtexan02
01-13-2013, 07:39 PM

Shrug. You'll be the only one then.

exactly.

Let me know when he spits on a patriot; until then, mountains out of mole hills.
Mountains? Lol c'mon man. Talk about overreacting

Playoffs
01-13-2013, 07:43 PM

I'm all verklempt.

Heath Shuler
01-13-2013, 07:45 PM
Mountains? Lol c'mon man. Talk about overreacting

You made the thread about it. Trust me you can find plenty of other stuff to get your panties in a bunch about.

gtexan02
01-13-2013, 07:53 PM
You made the thread about it. Trust me you can find plenty of other stuff to get your panties in a bunch about.

Calm down man. I was looking for clarification. Not sure why you're insisting on continuing here. Try to act less douchey. We are supposed to be on the same fan base here

Stemp
01-13-2013, 07:53 PM
Spitting is disgusting and crass. When it's directed toward another human being, it's one of the most vile things an athlete can do to an opponent or official.

That's what's funny. He's making a big deal about spitting.... yet he did on grass, not at a person

Titans Sux 72
01-13-2013, 07:56 PM
Calm down man. I was looking for clarification. Not sure why you're insisting on continuing here. Try to act less douchey. We are supposed to be on the same fan base here

Cause your a douche!

"Passive aggressive". This has troll written all over it. And I guess I took the bait.
Hope you had fun playing in your HS band.

Go ahead and set the hook if you want. You got me.

dc_txtech
01-13-2013, 08:00 PM
Cause your a douche!

"Passive aggressive". This has troll written all over it. And I guess I took the bait.
Hope you had fun playing in your HS band.

Go ahead and set the hook if you want. You got me.

gtexan is neither a douche nor a troll. On the other hand I don't know who you are.

Heath Shuler
01-13-2013, 08:00 PM
Not sure why you're insisting on continuing here. Try to act less douchey.

Check the mirror.

I"ll try to explain it very simply for you.
It is football, not opera.

GP
01-13-2013, 08:01 PM
Show it on the field. Everything else is just stupid. It's passive aggressive. There's a reason I respect AJ more than TO

"Multiple sources" and no evidence to show for it. Plus, it's completely outside his character to do that.

I wouldn't have started this thread, especially after the fact that we just git spanked out of the playoffs.

But yeah, man. THIS is a really big deal.

We need to get to the bottom of this. Pronto. :cheese:

BullNation4Life
01-13-2013, 08:01 PM

:wadepalm::kubepalm::toropalm::hankpalm:

for making a thread over something so freaking stupid....

GP
01-13-2013, 08:03 PM
Had JJ Watt not allegedly spat upon the logo...we could hold our heads high.

He has brought so much agony onto us.

I'm burning my Texans gear right now.

Watt must go.

Allegedly.

Rufus Jarvis
01-13-2013, 08:05 PM
Football is not a "Classy" game.

Dirty, dirty things happen ALL OVER the place in Football before and during a game.

I'm not saying that it is right or wrong. I'm just sayin...

Gotta get in the right mindset when you walk onto the field..

ObsiWan
01-13-2013, 08:07 PM
I'm all verklempt.
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTc4tJ52L1xH1oU4KzwN0QGhsnTvX8nV XaXGbSyAvqoZuotEExi

Titans Sux 72
01-13-2013, 08:08 PM
gtexan is neither a douche nor a troll. On the other hand I don't know who you are.

I'm a Texan fan.
I would have felt 10xs better if he was a troll cause to worry bout spitting on a logo is farking stupid. And to waste bandwidth on it is even more stupid. Go play hopscotch with your friend and quit wasting bandwidth.

Ole Miss Texan
01-13-2013, 08:08 PM
Gtexan is such a troll. After 8 years and 15,000+ posts he finally tricks us! Aaah I say we tar and feather him.

No idea if that's true about Watt. It does seem completely out of character though.

I think we're going to be seeing a lot of pissed off Texans fans now that we've lost. Ah this sucks.

Heath Shuler
01-13-2013, 08:13 PM
I'm all verklempt.

you and your delicate, dainty sensibilities

gtexan02
01-13-2013, 08:19 PM
Sigh, definitely the wrong time to start this thread. Game was over in the 3rd after the first drive by the Patriots (in my mind). When we were down 31-13 I mentally tuned out.

Thats why I started the thread. Mods, feel free to shut 'er down.

Don't know why everyone is reacting like this. As a Texan fan, ive always been proud of the way our players play the game. Shake hands after a win or loss, leave it on the field. We dont' get in the news for making stupid comments. We don't resort to TO like moves.

When JJ Watts story came out about what he was doing off the field with the family of the orphans, it got me. Not gonna lie. So this seemed out of character and was disappointing from that regard. I'm a fan of sportsmanship. Insult away if thats how you react to that, but whatever.

I saw about 5-10 news stories popping up and a bunch of people reacting, so I started a thread. I didn't believe it happened in the first place, honestly. It doesn't fit his character at all. Thats what I said in the first post.

I guess you get popular here by starting "I hate Kubiak." or "I hate Schaub" threads. As if we don't already have enough of those. Anyway, tl;dr version: Please close the thread. Stupid timing on my part

BullNation4Life
01-13-2013, 08:25 PM
Sigh, definitely the wrong time to start this thread. Game was over in the 3rd after the first drive by the Patriots (in my mind). When we were down 31-13 I mentally tuned out.

Don't know why everyone is reacting like this. As a Texan fan, ive always been proud of the way our players play the game. Shake hands after a win or loss, leave it on the field. We dont' get in the news for making stupid comments. We don't resort to TO like moves.

When JJ Watts story came out about what he was doing off the field with the family of the orphans, it got me. Not gonna lie. So this seemed out of character and was disappointing from that regard. I'm a fan of sportsmanship. Insult away if thats how you react to that, but whatever.

I saw about 5-10 news stories popping up and a bunch of people reacting, so I started a thread. I didn't believe it happened in the first place, honestly. It doesn't fit his character at all. Thats what I said in the first post.

I guess you get popular here by starting "I hate Kubiak." or "I hate Schaub" threads. As if we don't already have enough of those. Anyway, tl;dr version: Please close the thread. Stupid timing on my part

stupid thread, period...

Ole Miss Texan
01-13-2013, 08:25 PM

I saw about 5-10 news stories popping up and a bunch of people reacting, so I started a thread. I guess you get popular here by starting "I hate Kubiak." or "I hate Schaub" threads. As if we don't already have enough of those.

Anyway, tl;dr version: Please close the thread. Stupid timing on my part
Emotions are just high right now. I'm tired of the same dang Kubiak and Schaub threads. I mean really, how many do we need? It's the same exact conversation regurgitated in each of the 12 threads.

Time to start looking at mock drafts : )

Texcore
01-13-2013, 08:28 PM
Who the F cares...non story

Nothing to see here folks.

/thread.

qqert
01-13-2013, 08:28 PM
i wouldn't care if it was true.

Only guy showing an attitude that says "your my enemy!"

you're

gtexan02
01-13-2013, 08:29 PM
stupid thread, period...

Ill change the title to "Fire everyone!" Would that make you feel better?

Given the power of our writing on the messageboard and how much the FO looks to us for advice, it's best if we all focus on meaningful topics of how to get rid of all the players that let us down so we can win the superbowl next season.

(This was intended to be funny.)

gtexan02
01-13-2013, 08:31 PM
Emotions are just high right now. I'm tired of the same dang Kubiak and Schaub threads. I mean really, how many do we need? It's the same exact conversation regurgitated in each of the 12 threads.

Yep, I can get behind that. I guess I was expecting to lose once we were down so much, and am personally at least somewhat 'content' that I got to cheer for my team in January. I remember 2-14 and I'd rather lose in the Div round to a HOF QB and HOF Coach than go back to those days any day.

Schaub was disappointing. Kubiak didn't have our offense ready to go. Nothing to rehash there. I think most of us expected that, and it is what it is.

I'm ready for mocks. Getting to say that in January is better than October at least.

Goodwrench3
01-13-2013, 08:39 PM
Who cares....

Vinny
01-13-2013, 08:40 PM
Watt said he spits on the middle of the field every game, home or away. "No drama there."

gtexan02
01-13-2013, 08:41 PM
Watt said he spits on the middle of the field every game, home or away. "No drama there."

Thanks for the info Vinny. Where did you hear this? Did they ask in the postgame interview?

Vinny
01-13-2013, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the info Vinny. Where did you hear this? Did they ask in the postgame interview?
post game comments. I'm sure we'll see articles about it tomorrow. PFT was stirring the pot with the first "accounts" before the game I think.

gtexan02
01-13-2013, 08:48 PM
post game comments. I'm sure we'll see articles about it tomorrow. PFT was stirring the pot with the first "accounts" before the game I think.

After the Shaunnessy article I think the media was looking for reasons for both teams to be "offended." Glad to know the origin. Hope PFT publishes the retract because there are about 20 news sources right now trying to make our players look classless

patsfan13
01-13-2013, 08:51 PM
If Watt was frustrated and spin on the Pats logo so what?

Guy is an intense competitor. Of course he might get emotionsl.

Much ado about nothing.

Heath Shuler
01-13-2013, 09:02 PM
If Watt was frustrated and spin on the Pats logo so what?

Guy is an intense competitor. Of course he might get emotionsl.

no it was during pregame, I dont think it was out of frustration.

Much ado about nothing.

LOL at least the pats fan gets it.

It is surprising what is important to some people. A guy spits on the ground and it’s "terrible"; the pussification of America continues.

Ole Miss Texan
01-13-2013, 09:04 PM

Very interesting. I've never noticed that. Did he say why? I'm always curious about people's pregame rituals.

klockWork
01-13-2013, 09:34 PM
Seems like this writer saw the attention Shaughnessy got with his article, wanted in on the action. He was just digging but came up short and late to the party.

GP
01-13-2013, 09:53 PM
After the Shaunnessy article I think the media was looking for reasons for both teams to be "offended." Glad to know the origin. Hope PFT publishes the retract because there are about 20 news sources right now trying to make our players look classless

And one message board member (you).

But hey, jump out in front of the facts and call people out to see if they have as much class as you do.

And by the way, I wish you could take back the positive rep you gave me just awhile ago. I mean, really, dude, bawling me out in private and telling me you're "only giving me positive rep because of our past dealings..." and that "you expected more of me" than what you wanted out of me in this thread?

Hope you had fun with this.

gtexan02
01-13-2013, 10:15 PM
And one message board member (you).

But hey, jump out in front of the facts and call people out to see if they have as much class as you do.

And by the way, I wish you could take back the positive rep you gave me just awhile ago. I mean, really, dude, bawling me out in private and telling me you're "only giving me positive rep because of our past dealings..." and that "you expected more of me" than what you wanted out of me in this thread?

Hope you had fun with this.

Did you read the first post? I mentioned multiple times how unlikely I thought the story was. The entire point of the thread was to get clarification. Did you notice the "?" at the end?

WTF is wrong with you anyway? Are you bipolar or something? The only reason I gave you pos instead of neg is because you did the exact same thing to me earlier when I called you out because you wouldn't stop trying to babysit Texecutioner. I don't want to owe you anything. Coming on here, in public, and trying to make something of it is pretty chicken****.

Rey
01-13-2013, 10:32 PM
It's a field.

It's not like he went out there and pulled his junk out and pissed on their logo.

Even if he intended some kind of disrespect who cares?

He spit on some grass.

Norg
01-14-2013, 01:23 AM
who cares he spit on some colorful grass who cares

when u gotta spit ya gotta spit LOL

MissouriTexan
01-14-2013, 01:49 AM

^This.

Pats
01-14-2013, 07:46 AM
It was the best play he made all game.

HTown2ATX
01-14-2013, 09:14 AM
It's a field.

It's not like he went out there and pulled his junk out and pissed on their logo.

He spit on some grass.

This made me LOL literally here at work. THAT would have been effing hilarious IMO. Or if he does his screaming mean face yell and just pops a fat squat on their logo hahaha....that would have been some $hit.....literally.

:swatter:

SheTexan
01-14-2013, 10:19 AM
You guys made me laugh this morning! Gonna be a LONG off season here on TT!!!:headhurts::winky:

GP
01-14-2013, 10:22 AM
It's a field.

He spit on some grass.

Exactly.

HOU-TEX
01-14-2013, 10:35 AM
I'd be more impressed if he took a big dump on their logo instead.

Playoffs
01-14-2013, 10:39 AM
http://img-android.lisisoft.com/imgmic/7/0/2207-i-com.jhalp.PatriotsPiss.jpg

Foxboro Steve
01-14-2013, 10:46 AM
idonno:

Don't care.

Ghostform
01-14-2013, 10:51 AM
Its also been reported that he took a §hit and didnt flush it either at Gillette.

Hervoyel
01-14-2013, 11:11 AM
Its also been reported that he took a §hit and didnt flush it either at Gillette.

"I'm not gonna flush! Let them SEE the wrath of J.J. WATT!"

That's what I heard he said as he left the stall.

TD
01-14-2013, 11:18 AM

How about Page 2 of the OP link. Gotta read folks.

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1830621?articlePage=1

2012Champs
01-14-2013, 11:22 AM
JJ's quote on the spitting from the linked article

"I do that every game, home or away," Watt told reporters. "I go out to midfield, I jog out there, I spit a little bit, wipe my feet off, and then I go through my stretch. No drama there. That's 100 percent what I do every game, home or away."

rush2112mn
01-14-2013, 12:23 PM
Oh no....they will probaly have a spit police ....they will watch the players spit while they are warming up or during the game to make sure they do not spit on teams logos.......lmfao.....what a joke......

toronto
01-14-2013, 12:33 PM
Personally I liked it I'd he did it. More players need to come into that stadium and piss on their legacy and not be in awe. Otherwise you get stomped, which I guess happened anyways.

Two things stuck out for me over the weekend.

John Fox kneeling with 30 seconds left and 2 timeouts, despite having Peyton. The ultimate in pussyass coaching.

Then the Pats going end zone right after they had already made it 31-13. No one understands the need to go for the jugular better than Belichick. No one understands playing to win better than Belichick. Players feed off that. It still amazes me to see. How many teams refuse to play the game his way. It's pretty proven it works.

Dread-Head
01-14-2013, 01:03 PM
If so I have no problem with it. He's just sick of losing to those idiots. Next time he plays them he'll be pissed off.

False Start
01-14-2013, 01:15 PM
Oh no! What ever shall we do :overreact:

WG9032
01-14-2013, 02:37 PM
Better than all the happy happy joy joy backslapping you see from so many other players who have just lost.

handswarmer
01-15-2013, 03:16 PM
The hey-everybody-look-at-me immaturity displayed by J.J. Watt was indicative of Houston underachieving. Before the game, Watt danced and stomped on the Patriots' logo. Boast after you win, not before you lose! New England leading 10-3, Watt stopped Ridley for a yard loss, then jumped up and performed an elaborate finger-pointing routine. Hey everybody, look at me! Dancing on the field about a routine tackle while your team is behind: ugh. Watt had a terrible game -- one tackle, half a sack, invisible for extended periods, often pancaked by Logan Mankins -- but limitless energy for self-promotion. The Patriots are a group of grownups, the Texans are a group of babies, and it showed.

Gregg Easterbrook, ESPN.com

Vinny
01-15-2013, 03:23 PM
The hey-everybody-look-at-me immaturity displayed by J.J. Watt was indicative of Houston underachieving. Before the game, Watt danced and stomped on the Patriots' logo. Boast after you win, not before you lose! New England leading 10-3, Watt stopped Ridley for a yard loss, then jumped up and performed an elaborate finger-pointing routine. Hey everybody, look at me! Dancing on the field about a routine tackle while your team is behind: ugh. Watt had a terrible game -- one tackle, half a sack, invisible for extended periods, often pancaked by Logan Mankins -- but limitless energy for self-promotion. The Patriots are a group of grownups, the Texans are a group of babies, and it showed.

Gregg Easterbrook, ESPN.com that's not what he did. Credibility is your friend until you have no more.

AJ-80
01-15-2013, 03:25 PM

Oh please. He was a big factor. I doubt he even did this, but if he did, who cares?

handswarmer
01-15-2013, 03:27 PM
that's not what he did. Credibility is your friend until you have no more.

Gregg Easterbrook wrote it.....not me. Not even saying I agree with it....

rmartin65
01-15-2013, 03:27 PM
I will say I hate the finger wag. The salute is fine, but the finger wag is stupid.

handswarmer
01-15-2013, 03:28 PM
Oh please. He was a big factor. I doubt he even did this, but if he did, who cares?

He did it. He got owned by the Pats Oline. I understand your want to defend your player but it is what it is.

HJam72
01-15-2013, 05:56 PM
Watt is a great player who means well (ultimately), and the spitting does happen a lot with a lot of players....

but....

ideally, I'd like to see a couple things change (with players in general)....

a little less individual hey-look-what-I-just-did showmanship and....

dudes, quit spitting all over the field! Do you really want to fall on everybody else's spit? Why do athletes spit all over the ground they will soon be lying, bending, face-planting, wrestling, etc. on??? You guys gonna start taking short piss breaks on the field in between plays too?

Newsflash to all athletes: any little girl can spit. Spitting doesn't make you more of a man, nor does it show that you are (that fact that you in fact are has nothing to do with your spitting). Being a man gives you no more need to spit than a little girl, so stop it! It's just mildly gross, AND NOTHING ELSE. There is no point to doing it.

JCTexan
01-15-2013, 06:24 PM

Wow. This guy has overblown this. Watt has already said spitting at midfield was a ritual he does every game. Both home and road games. Tackling Ridley for -1 yard? Which player in the NFL doesn't celebrate that? Rey Lewis sure as hell does. Every word of this is overblown.

BigB0iFresh
01-15-2013, 08:13 PM
He did it. He got owned by the Pats Oline. I understand your want to defend your player but it is what it is.

Owned?

Texcore
01-15-2013, 08:39 PM
I will say I hate the finger wag. The salute is fine, but the finger wag is stupid.

Agreed. But I have no problem with Watt's pregame ritual.

False Start
01-15-2013, 09:04 PM

I have no problem with it....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrgyz9PyqO1qcmnsoo1_r2_500.gif

HJam72
01-15-2013, 09:08 PM
I have no problem with it....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrgyz9PyqO1qcmnsoo1_r2_500.gif

I'm sure that's where he got it....and it really is more appropriate for basketball...

I'm great with the salute, though. A nice air punch once in a while would go over well too.

Texan_Bill
01-15-2013, 09:11 PM

Well he did it 9 times, only coming up short twice this season.... 82% ain't so bad, no???

Give 'em hell JJ. Spit all over the other 31 teams logos whenever you see fit, and twice in Dallas (when that happens the next time)!!! :photos:

Wolf
01-15-2013, 09:23 PM
Cushing already took this one lol
http://qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-0e1d6f62b8c632912dabd270fe4df19d

Texan_Bill
01-15-2013, 09:25 PM
Cushing already too this one lol
http://qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-0e1d6f62b8c632912dabd270fe4df19d

"Are you not entertained??!!?!?!"