PDA

View Full Version : Sunday's game is nothing but a formality

RandomVariable
01-10-2013, 11:46 AM
Let me first start by acknowledging that the 42-14 Patriots win a few weeks ago is mostly irrelevant now. Having said that, it was quite telling. That we were able to destroy you guys while playing a mediocre (AT BEST) game speaks volumes. With the exception of that fabulous 63 yard pass to Donate Stallworth, it was one of Brady's weaker performances of the season. There were several missed passes (to Lloyd) that would have resulted in 6. We fumbled the ball a couple of times (not surprisingly, the Texans failed to recover) and our defense had some gaping holes. In short, we were not at our best. Add to that the fact that Gronkowski wasn't in our lineup, and the blowout becomes even more comical. Expect a much better effort from the Pats with something actually on the line.

Gronkowski will prove to be a matchup nightmare for you guys. He is 6'6 265 lbs of pure strength. He is a superb blocker, and easily the best receiving TE in the league.

Additionally, I see the Texans doing their usual routine and trying to attack us with Foster. Guys like Wilfork, Jones, Ninkovich, Spikes, have been amazing against the run this year. Going with the run as opposed to attacking our CB will be their downfall.

People will bring up the Jets game in 2010. There is no comparison. The Jets were far more familiar with us. The Jets played with a kind of tenacity I've never seen from the Texans. Our running attack is more balanced (we lead the league in rushing TDs) and takes pressure off of Brady, our secondary and defense in general is significantly improved, and the addition of Lloyd has at times provided a legitimate outside threat which we really lacked in 2010.

Your team is simply not built to win shootouts, which is what it will take to beat us in Foxborough.

I won't even feel the need to brag about our inevitable win. I expect another one-sided affair. Beating you guys just won't be that big of an accomplishment.

fiasco west
01-10-2013, 11:51 AM
In case any one is wondering, this is what a Troll post looks like.

TexanSam
01-10-2013, 11:52 AM
I guess the Texans should just hang up their cleats now. Oh well. Good season guys.

gtexan02
01-10-2013, 11:52 AM
Do you live in Boston? If so, lets make a bet. I can meet you in person to discuss the terms. You seem pretty confident, how many points will you give me? 20? 30? Last time, the Patriots beat us by 28 points and you seem to believe they will be even better this time. Will you give me 40? I'd like to see if you really have the guts to stand behind the post.

Texn4life
01-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Let me first start by acknowledging that the 42-14 Patriots win a few weeks ago is mostly irrelevant now. Having said that, it was quite telling. That we were able to destroy you guys while playing a mediocre (AT BEST) game speaks volumes. With the exception of that fabulous 63 yard pass to Donate Stallworth, it was one of Brady's weaker performances of the season. There were several missed passes (to Lloyd) that would have resulted in 6. We fumbled the ball a couple of times (not surprisingly, the Texans failed to recover) and our defense had some gaping holes. In short, we were not at our best. Add to that the fact that Gronkowski wasn't in our lineup, and the blowout becomes even more comical. Expect a much better effort from the Pats with something actually on the line.

Gronkowski will prove to be a matchup nightmare for you guys. He is 6'6 265 lbs of pure strength. He is a superb blocker, and easily the best receiving TE in the league.

Additionally, I see the Texans doing their usual routine and trying to attack us with Foster. Guys like Wilfork, Jones, Ninkovich, Spikes, have been amazing against the run this year. Going with the run as opposed to attacking our CB will be their downfall.

People will bring up the Jets game in 2010. There is no comparison. The Jets were far more familiar with us. The Jets played with a kind of tenacity I've never seen from the Texans. Our running attack is more balanced (we lead the league in rushing TDs) and takes pressure off of Brady, our secondary and defense in general is significantly improved, and the addition of Lloyd has at times provided a legitimate outside threat which we really lacked in 2010.

Your team is simply not built to win shootouts, which is what it will take to beat us in Foxborough.

I won't even feel the need to brag about our inevitable win. I expect another one-sided affair. Beating you guys just won't be that big of an accomplishment.

If you're that confident you might as well fly to Vegas and bet your life savings on it then. Hell, while you're at it go ahead and call Bob McNair and tell him its a waste of time to fuel up the jet.

HOU-TEX
01-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Yay you!

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_251/12062763796683XZ.jpg

Brisco_County
01-10-2013, 11:56 AM
I won't even feel the need to brag about our inevitable win.

Then why did you create a membership to the forums?

Vance87
01-10-2013, 11:56 AM
Trololol, he is just copy and pasting and going to all the Texans forums...he's already been banned from HTMB

Stemp
01-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Then why did you create a membership to the forums?

Because he is 13

HOU-TEX
01-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Let's fight it out. You can have the entire Northeast (Yankee Country) vs us/Texas. We'd beat y'alls asses senseless.

Friggin yankees!

:spit: :lol: :spit: :lol: :spit: :lol:

Playoffs
01-10-2013, 12:16 PM
Chappaquiddick, chappaquiddick, chappaquiddick!

Mr teX
01-10-2013, 12:20 PM
I bet it was just merely a "formality" against the Giants in 07' too wasn't it?

Lol, if its merely a "formality" why are all you guys flooding our boards with the smack talk? I mean if it's going to be that easy, why not just look past us & on to Denver?

I bet your coach isn't foolish enough to feel that way...& as much as i hate to say it, it's the #2 reason why he's 1 of the greatest coaches to ever do it....you should take notes from William Stephen.

Dutchrudder
01-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Excellent, I sure do hope that Brady and company treat it like a formality.

Goodwrench3
01-10-2013, 12:35 PM
I think this forum should be unique for the Texans' fans.We have a lot of Patsies fans here. For What???

Dutchrudder
01-10-2013, 12:38 PM
I think this forum should be unique for the Texans' fans.We have a lot of Patsies fans here. For What???

It's an open forum, so don't break the rules and you can be a fan of the Montreal Allouettes or the SCLSU Muddawgs.

Goodwrench3
01-10-2013, 12:38 PM
. He is 6'6 265 lbs of pure strength.

Hmmmmmmm.Strange....

TheIronDuke
01-10-2013, 12:40 PM

Cool story bro.

Ryan
01-10-2013, 12:58 PM
Do any of us need to be worried about what's going on up there in Boston? Anytime someone mentions Gronkowski they talk about his massive arms and chest and his pure strength, and I'm not sure at this point if it's even football related.

Seņor Stan
01-10-2013, 01:00 PM
t.

Hey knucklehead...

You can't even spell the name of the town your team plays in!!!

RandomVariable
01-10-2013, 01:08 PM
Hey knucklehead...

You can't even spell the name of the town your team plays in!!!

Actually that is a valid spelling of the name. Silly hick.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=foxborough+massachusetts

HOU-TEX
01-10-2013, 01:12 PM
"Which brings me to my second point, kids. Don't do crack."

http://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/blogs/lists/ltLOD.jpg

Vinny
01-10-2013, 01:21 PM

silly hick? Laws no...M-O-O-N spells moon.

I just changed your forum permissions....so, this is the only forum you can post in if you gotta come here and call us silly names.

gtexan02
01-10-2013, 01:27 PM

Glad you're still around. Thought you'd already tucked tail and returned to your own MB.

Waiting to hear how you plan to stand behind your post. Let's see you put up or shut up.

And FYI

[Foxboro] is used by the United States Postal Service as the correct form by which to address mail to recipients in the town although both can be processed by their system. The sign on the post office reads "Foxboro."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxborough,_Massachusetts

No one that I know here spells it with the gh. Likely another bandwagon fan.

RandomVariable
01-10-2013, 01:49 PM
Glad you're still around. Thought you'd already tucked tail and returned to your own MB.

Waiting to hear how you plan to stand behind your post. Let's see you put up or shut up.

What do suggest?

gtexan02
01-10-2013, 01:57 PM
What do suggest?

You already said the Patriots are stronger than last time and the Texans are weaker than last time. That the Pats played a bad game and should have scored more.

Well last time they beat us by 28. So whats your honest score prediction? Win by 35? 40? Put your score out there, and if you're serious, let's make it official. Do you live in Boston?

Seņor Stan
01-10-2013, 02:06 PM

That's how you'll be pronouncing it after the Texans whip up on your Patriots...

Foxboro-UGH!

thunderkyss
01-10-2013, 02:28 PM
That we were able to destroy you guys while playing a mediocre (AT BEST) game speaks volumes. With the exception of that fabulous 63 yard pass to Donate Stallworth, it was one of Brady's weaker performances of the season.

Bull, the Patriots played like it was their Super Bowl. They've done popped their wad, as is evident by their lackluster performance vs San Fran, Jacksonville, & Miami. Yeah they won two of the three, but that's because Jacksonville & Miami gave you those games.

Who?

Oh, you mean that UDFA that ran roughshod over you in 2009, knocking you out of HFA? Are y'all still mad about that? It's just a game bro, don't take it personal.

When we pimp slap you Sunday, it's just bidness.

If that's what you're calling your performance against San Fran, Jacksonville, & Miami....

we'll be alright. Besides, after Brady comes back from his photo-shoot

http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/images/Nw/esq-10-tom-brady-hair-justin-bieber-120110-lg.jpg

& Gronk comes back from the free clinic (Ron Mexico anyone).... you'll wish they were playing last weekend maintaining their focus.

RandomVariable
01-10-2013, 02:48 PM
You already said the Patriots are stronger than last time and the Texans are weaker than last time. That the Pats played a bad game and should have scored more.

Well last time they beat us by 28. So whats your honest score prediction? Win by 35? 40? Put your score out there, and if you're serious, let's make it official. Do you live in Boston?

Your QB has 1TD in the last 23 quarters. You guys had a solid grip on the #1 seed and slid all the way to #3 with laughable performances. You barely beat a mediocre team on your home field. Are you really going to claim that your team is not weaker now than they were when they were 11-1 with everyone calling them the best team in the league?

We win by a double digit score. Whether the margin will be as large as last time remains to be seen. The game will be mostly one-sided however.

RandomVariable
01-10-2013, 02:56 PM
If that's what you're calling your performance against San Fran, Jacksonville, & Miami....

We came in under prepared against the 49ers and played atrociously in the 1st half. I will give you that. The difference is, unlike the Texans, we didn't give up and allow ourselves to be humiliated. We came back from 31-3 to lose by only 7, after adjustments at halftime.

We played poorly against the Jags. But we tend to do that against poor teams when nothing is on the line.

Miami? We dominated the entire game and our D got a shutout.

gtexan02
01-10-2013, 03:02 PM
Your QB has 1TD in the last 23 quarters. You guys had a solid grip on the #1 seed and slid all the way to #3 with laughable performances. You barely beat a mediocre team on your home field. Are you really going to claim that your team is not weaker now than they were when they were 11-1 with everyone calling them the best team in the league?

We win by a double digit score. Whether the margin will be as large as last time remains to be seen. The game will be mostly one-sided however.

What I think will happen isn't the issue thats on the line here. You came in guns blazing saying that:
1) The Patriots offense left points on the field.
2) That the Patriots defense had 'gaping holes' in it and should have prevented more points from being scored.
3) That the Texans are an even worse team now than they were before
4) That Gronk is back making the Pats an even better team than they were before

When we played in December, the game wasn't a 'formality.' If it is now, you must be confident that they will beat the Texans by more than 28 points. If you really believe yourself, prove it. I just want to hear your score prediction. 50 - 10? 60 - 3?

RandomVariable
01-10-2013, 03:18 PM
What I think will happen isn't the issue thats on the line here. You came in guns blazing saying that:
1) The Patriots offense left points on the field.
2) That the Patriots defense had 'gaping holes' in it and should have prevented more points from being scored.
3) That the Texans are an even worse team now than they were before
4) That Gronk is back making the Pats an even better team than they were before

When we played in December, the game wasn't a 'formality.' If it is now, you must be confident that they will beat the Texans by more than 28 points. If you really believe yourself, prove it. I just want to hear your score prediction. 50 - 10? 60 - 3?

I didn't say we would win by an even larger margin. Predicting scores is a fool's game in which I do not partake. There are numerous (random) variables that affect the final outcome. We could out gain you in offensive yardage 600-250, or we could have 10 red zone trips to your 1, and still only win by 3. My prediction is that it will be one-sided game. The only way we lose if that is the case is if we make glaring mistakes. But we rarely do that. We have a turnover differential of +25 or some crazy number like that.

TheIronDuke
01-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Cool stories bro.

Foxboro Steve
01-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Chappaquiddick, chappaquiddick, chappaquiddick!

WTF does this have to do with anything? :um:

badboy
01-10-2013, 04:21 PM
Pretty much everything RV says is true, so why get mad at him? The only problem he has is the Texans will show up. All of us know how consistently good Pats are. What RV does not know is which Texans team will come to play. If it is the team that played his team last time, he gets bragging rights one more time. If it is the Texans I think will show up...he better bring an entire roll of Bounty towels to cry in. Line 'em up and let's play.

RandomVariable
01-10-2013, 04:21 PM
I would also like to add that the ONLY team I am afraid of right now is Baltimore. They are the only team I see possibly beating us. Hopefully the Broncos take care of business in Denver.

TheIronDuke
01-10-2013, 04:30 PM
I would also like to add that the ONLY team I am afraid of right now is Baltimore. They are the only team I see possibly beating us. Hopefully the Broncos take care of business in Denver.

You have said a lot of very cool stories so far but this one takes the cake. The Texans are better than Baltimore, dear friend, and I think that once your team is done decimating my team and crushing the dreams of all of us lowly Houstonians that Denver will likely destroy the Pats. I hope that doesn't happen because I would rather the Pats go to the SB than the Broncos but it is what it is old friend. I look forward to hearing your interesting tales until after Sunday where you will never come to this board again. :(

Vinny
01-10-2013, 04:34 PM
WTF does this have to do with anything? :um:not too sure but methinks it has something to do with this guy

http://im.glogster.com/media/5/32/52/78/32527807.jpg

Foxboro Steve
01-10-2013, 05:07 PM

You mean the Baltimore that should have beat us last year if not for a lousy kick and dropped pass?

I disagree with you, bud. I am not afraid of any team. However, any of the eight remaining has the tools and the talent to beat NE. There are no layups left, if the Pats win this weekend, they'll have earned it. If they advance beyond that, they'll have earned that as well. It would not surprise me if JJ Watt channeled his inner LT and dominated Sunday. Nor would it surprise me if the Pats smoked 'em again, although I don't think they will. I expect a tougher game, but I am confident in the team to pull out a W.

Beyond that, Peyton Manning likely looms for the AFC championship. that's a mighty big mountain to climb, no pun intended. Then they'll either have to beat a great QB (Rogers), a talented group of receivers (Atlanta), a hard hitting D that already beat 'em (SF), or a pumped and jacked attacking D with a strong running game (Seattle).

No layups left.

RandomVariable
01-10-2013, 05:19 PM
You have said a lot of very cool stories so far but this one takes the cake. The Texans are better than Baltimore, dear friend, and I think that once your team is done decimating my team and crushing the dreams of all of us lowly Houstonians that Denver will likely destroy the Pats. I hope that doesn't happen because I would rather the Pats go to the SB than the Broncos but it is what it is old friend. I look forward to hearing your interesting tales until after Sunday where you will never come to this board again. :(

A better regular season team than Baltimore maybe. They are a lot more dangerous than you guys in the postseason.

We match up well against Denver. I wouldn't be too concerned about them.

RandomVariable
01-10-2013, 05:24 PM
You mean the Baltimore that should have beat us last year if not for a lousy kick and dropped pass?

I disagree with you, bud. I am not afraid of any team. However, any of the eight remaining has the tools and the talent to beat NE. There are no layups left, if the Pats win this weekend, they'll have earned it. If they advance beyond that, they'll have earned that as well. It would not surprise me if JJ Watt channeled his inner LT and dominated Sunday. Nor would it surprise me if the Pats smoked 'em again, although I don't think they will. I expect a tougher game, but I am confident in the team to pull out a W.

Beyond that, Peyton Manning likely looms for the AFC championship. that's a mighty big mountain to climb, no pun intended. Then they'll either have to beat a great QB (Rogers), a talented group of receivers (Atlanta), a hard hitting D that already beat 'em (SF), or a pumped and jacked attacking D with a strong running game (Seattle).

No layups left.

I was referring to the AFC.

On the NFC side, we match up well against GB and Atl. I am more concerned about Seattle, and to a lesser extent, the 49ers. We came into the 9ers game under prepared but completely dominated them in the second half after making adjustments. Plus, we would be playing in a dome under perfect conditions.

TheIronDuke
01-10-2013, 05:28 PM
A better regular season team than Baltimore maybe. They are a lot more dangerous than you guys in the postseason.

We match up well against Denver. I wouldn't be too concerned about them.

Hmmm I dunno, we barely lost to them at their house last year. If we weren't running our 3rd string QB and had a retard giving them a free TD (Jacoby) we might've advanced to lose to NE the next week. But thanks for your professional input on how terrible my team is.

thunderkyss
01-10-2013, 05:34 PM
We came in under prepared against the 49ers and played atrociously in the 1st half. I will give you that. The difference is, unlike the Texans, we didn't give up and allow ourselves to be humiliated. We came back from 31-3 to lose by only 7, after adjustments at halftime.

Well I'm glad you're happy with that kind of moral victory. That's what you'll be going home with on Sunday.

silvrhand
01-10-2013, 06:21 PM
http://pegfitzpatrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/trolls-einstein1.png

thunderkyss
01-10-2013, 06:26 PM
C'mon guys, it's just good clean fun. He's in the "Rivalry Talk" area.... if you don't want none..... stay out.

Seņor Stan
01-10-2013, 06:44 PM

No layups left.

All good points Foxborough Steve!

powda
01-10-2013, 07:01 PM

Die in a fire.

RandomVariable
01-10-2013, 07:18 PM
Die in a fire.

Expected response from an uneducated/unintelligent hick.

TheIronDuke
01-10-2013, 07:48 PM
Expected response from an uneducated/unintelligent hick.

Why you throw that "hick" word to everyone here just because we're Texans fans? It's funny that most of the best players the NFL has to offer would be considered "hicks" by people from the Northeast.

thunderkyss
01-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Why you throw that "hick" word to everyone here just because we're Texans fans? It's funny that most of the best players the NFL has to offer would be considered "hicks" by people from the Northeast.

Hicks are in Kentucky.

The proper term for us is Texan, or badass...... pretty much means the same thing.

GlassHalfFull
01-10-2013, 09:05 PM
LOL, which TT poster created this sock to get us fired up?

Confess.

EllisUnit
01-10-2013, 09:13 PM
hmmm pats played mediocra ??? Yeah that was Brady and the pats best game of the season. We are no lay over as you may think just because the results of our first meeting.

We had a few down games, as did the pats through out the season. Our D can shut down the pats O any given day. Just incase you dont remember our 4th and 5th CBs were starting that game as well. Along with being down to 1 TE and 1 FB.

You will see what a full force texans team looks like this Sunday, Minus Cushing :(, but still enough to spank the pats.

DBCooper
01-10-2013, 10:50 PM
Man, the crying and anxiety coming from Chowdatown would be priceless if the Pats lose on Sunday.

toronto
01-11-2013, 12:32 AM

Its fans like you that have made me hate the Pats more than any other team in the NFL. And while I'm at it, the Red Sox too. You have accomplished a near impossible feat - to become more obnoxious than Yankee fans.

And BTW, I'm not a Texan fan.

fiasco west
01-11-2013, 01:21 AM
C'mon guys, it's just good clean fun. He's in the "Rivalry Talk" area.... if you don't want none..... stay out.

Nah, he posted this in the general area at first. It was rightly moved over here though.

Foxboro Steve
01-11-2013, 07:55 AM
Man, the crying and anxiety coming from Chowdatown would be priceless if the Pats lose on Sunday.

I'd like to come down here an talk smack, but I really look at this as any of the four AFC teams can win out and advance to the Super Bowl. The only reason there'd be cryin' out of my house at least is if the Pats don't show up and get the snot beat out of 'em. That ain't gonna happen. This isn't the 09-10 Pats.

Foxboro Steve
01-11-2013, 07:58 AM
Its fans like you that have made me hate the Pats more than any other team in the NFL. And while I'm at it, the Red Sox too. You have accomplished a near impossible feat - to become more obnoxious than Yankee fans.

Not the first time I have heard the Pats compared to the Yankees. I'll take that. Even though I hate those pinstriped pricks with every fiber of my body, I respect them, because they know how to win. It's ingrained in the organization. So even though it pains me to say it...thanks for the compliment.

Hardcore Texan
01-11-2013, 08:27 AM
I guess I didn't realize how classless a lot of pats fans are, you would think with all their winning and back slapping about being the best thing since slice bread might lead to a little humility. It's like you guys forgot that while you have had success, you have sprinkled in a decade or two here and there of straight suckage. Those that forget history are destined to repeat it. Probably mostly bandwagoners....

And while your at it change the damn name of your team, or at least pick a state. Or shall we call you the Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut Patriots? :boogereater:

Tailgate
01-11-2013, 08:33 AM
Not the first time I have heard the Pats compared to the Yankees. I'll take that. Even though I hate those pinstriped pricks with every fiber of my body, I respect them, because they know how to win. It's ingrained in the organization. So even though it pains me to say it...thanks for the compliment.

Its not a compliment. It means you were born in an area condusive to being a douchbag.

Hardcore Texan
01-11-2013, 08:35 AM

You reveal quite a bit here. If your team makes it to Denver, you'd better be worried about the Broncos.

Foxboro Steve
01-11-2013, 08:44 AM
Its not a compliment. It means you were born in an area condusive to being a douchbag.

Better go back and read some of my posts, son.

thunderkyss
01-11-2013, 09:05 AM
We came in under prepared against the 49ers and played atrociously in the 1st half. I will give you that.

Hey, whatever you have to tell yourself pal.

The difference is, unlike the Texans, we didn't give up and allow ourselves to be humiliated. We came back from 31-3 to lose by only 7, after adjustments at halftime.

This isn't the BCS.... actually, not even the BCS gives a sh1t about your "almost" come back.

We played poorly against the Jags. But we tend to do that against poor teams when nothing is on the line.

Again, as long as you sleep well at night, it doesn't really matter. You tell yourself whatever you need to, to convince yourself your team didn't peak in the regular season.

Playing your Super Bowl against the Texans in week 14. Blowing your wad & stumbling into the play-offs weak-kneed.

It's ok.

Miami? We dominated the entire game and our D got a shutout.

Gotcha... you "dominated" a bad Miami team, so you're "ready" for the Super Bowl... too bad Miami isn't between you & a Super Bowl.

Look, you peaked prematurely. We've had that affect on a lot of teams this season. It happens. It's nothing to be ashamed of, you're still a "great" regular season team. Some teams can't even say that.

Just remember y'all used to be good enough to win Super Bowls, you can probably live the rest of your life bragging about those Super Bowls.. I mean it hasn't "really" been a decade & it only "feels" like it was a long time ago. Hey, you can even say you "almost" won it last year.

Next year, you won't be the only one mistakenly thinking you've got a Super Bowl team again, there are a bunch of delusional people out there who thinks Brady can do it all by himself.

Honoring Earl 34
01-11-2013, 09:46 AM
Until the Texans prove otherwise in a big game , I think this should be their helmet decal .

http://www.pbp1.com/Parking/DetailImage/HPSBSR4-Detail-Parking.jpg

thunderkyss
01-11-2013, 09:56 AM
Until the Texans prove otherwise in a big game , I think this should be their helmet decal .

You know.... I understand with success, you should expect more.

But some of this is silly. Some of the way we move the target I mean.

In 2009, we didn't make the play-offs, because we didn't win the game week 1 (or any of our other losses along the way), but we beat these Patriots week 17 to keep our play-off hopes alive.

In 2012, we get off to a league high 11-1 record assuring a play-off spot with 5 weeks left in the season.... Twice, we've won in the Wild Card round...

But you (a fan of this team) think they are mere speed bumps because they haven't proven otherwise in a "big game"

Whatever. Why aren't you the President of the United States yet? Why aren't you a billionaire? Maybe we should put that speed bump on your front door.

TheIronDuke
01-11-2013, 10:30 AM
I think it's pretty cool that we get Pats fans coming to our board smack-talking us, it's a lot better than a few years ago when we were an automatic "W" for every team in the league and most opposing fans felt sorry for us. I actually even have a username on patsfans from the Carr years as DisgracedTexansFan, we have come a long way.

Honoring Earl 34
01-11-2013, 10:41 AM
You know.... I understand with success, you should expect more.

But some of this is silly. Some of the way we move the target I mean.

In 2009, we didn't make the play-offs, because we didn't win the game week 1 (or any of our other losses along the way), but we beat these Patriots week 17 to keep our play-off hopes alive.

In 2012, we get off to a league high 11-1 record assuring a play-off spot with 5 weeks left in the season.... Twice, we've won in the Wild Card round...

But you (a fan of this team) think they are mere speed bumps because they haven't proven otherwise in a "big game"

Whatever. Why aren't you the President of the United States yet? Why aren't you a billionaire? Maybe we should put that speed bump on your front door.

I never tried or wanted to be President that's why . I never tried to be a billionaire . I am the lead guy in what I do at a national company .

In sports I was always on winning teams from Little League until I stopped in 1998 . The one thing I know for sure is it's not what you do vs the bad teams in meaningless games that count . It's what you do vs the best teams in big games that define you .

The Texans used to surge after they were all but eliminated from the playoffs to finish 8-8 . Now they get into the drivers seat and spit the bit . Why ... they don't have the guy pulling the trigger who has big play ability and they don't have the person leading the group who can get it done . Until proven otherwise our Texans are the not ready for primetime players or speed bumps for the contenders .

ChampionTexan
01-11-2013, 10:45 AM

I love the way that because we won in Denver, in Chicago, and very convincingly against Baltimore, they are no longer considered big games. (And Cincy and Atlanta last season, and Cincy last season...)

But convenient definitions are....well, convenient.

thunderkyss
01-11-2013, 10:54 AM
I love the way that because we won in Denver, in Chicago, and very convincingly against Baltimore, they are no longer considered big games. (And Cincy and Atlanta last season, and Cincy last season...)

But convenient definitions are....well, convenient.

That's all I was saying. We got whupped by Greenbay & New England, and we lost HFA.... but we've never done anything in a big game....

pssh.

Honoring Earl 34
01-11-2013, 10:57 AM
[QUOTE=ChampionTexan;2102774]I love the way that because we won in Denver, in Chicago, and very convincingly against Baltimore, they are no longer considered big games. (And Cincy and Atlanta last season, and Cincy last season...)

But convenient definitions are....well, convenient.[

So if I said let's bet you get the Texans , would you take it ? :koolaid:

thunderkyss
01-11-2013, 10:59 AM

I'm your huckleberry.

Still doesn't change the fact that the Texans have won "big games" We've won two play-off games, we won the division twice. Had to have been a big game in there somewhere.

Had you said the elite teams.... Green Bay, New England, I'll even throw New Orleans & the Giants in there, that's another story & probably more what you meant.

Honoring Earl 34
01-11-2013, 11:01 AM
That's all I was saying. We got whupped by Greenbay & New England, and we lost HFA.... but we've never done anything in a big game....

pssh.

Super bowl contenders don't get beat like Green Bay and New England beat them . The also don't gag away HFA when they were healthy , for the most part , losing to the Vikings and Colts .

ChampionTexan
01-11-2013, 11:04 AM
[QUOTE=ChampionTexan;2102774]I love the way that because we won in Denver, in Chicago, and very convincingly against Baltimore, they are no longer considered big games. (And Cincy and Atlanta last season, and Cincy last season...)

But convenient definitions are....well, convenient.[

How does winning or losing on Sunday impact previous big games the Texans have played?

Honoring Earl 34
01-11-2013, 11:05 AM
I'm your huckleberry.

Still doesn't change the fact that the Texans have won "big games" We've won two play-off games, we won the division twice. Had to have been a big game in there somewhere.

Had you said the elite teams.... Green Bay, New England, I'll even throw New Orleans & the Giants in there, that's another story & probably more what you meant.

SB contenders know the recipe and have the ingredients to make a run . I don't think the Texans have either at this point . They're just a nice , basic casseroles , nothing more .

RandomVariable
01-11-2013, 11:09 AM

We don't care if we're hated. You keep hating us. We'll just keep on beating your favorite team(s) like we always do.

RandomVariable
01-11-2013, 11:10 AM
I guess I didn't realize how classless a lot of pats fans are, you would think with all their winning and back slapping about being the best thing since slice bread might lead to a little humility. It's like you guys forgot that while you have had success, you have sprinkled in a decade or two here and there of straight suckage. Those that forget history are destined to repeat it. Probably mostly bandwagoners....

And while your at it change the damn name of your team, or at least pick a state. Or shall we call you the Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut Patriots? :boogereater:

Even in those years when we've "sucked" we were still head and shoulders above the Texans. LOL

Honoring Earl 34
01-11-2013, 11:11 AM
[QUOTE=Honoring Earl 34;2102788]

How does winning or losing on Sunday impact previous big games the Texans have played?

They don't hand out trophies in October or November . It's part of the posturing process for position . The money games in the season were Denver , Baltimore , Green Bay , New England , Colts , Colts , and Vikings . They were 3-4 in those games .

ChampionTexan
01-11-2013, 11:18 AM
[QUOTE=ChampionTexan;2102794]

They don't hand out trophies in October or November . It's part of the posturing process for position . The money games in the season were Denver , Baltimore , Green Bay , New England , Colts , Colts , and Vikings . They were 3-4 in those games .

First, we're in the "rivalry" section, so it's kind of a crappy place to make the post that started this anyway.

Secondly, I'd throw the Bears in that to bring us to .500 in those games. Four of the teams you mentioned are still in the tournament, and once you narrow it down to those 4, we're still 2-2.

I'm not predicting a win on Sunday, nor do I have any expectations other than I'm gonna enjoy the ride, be rooting like hell for them on Sunday, and be big enough to deal with the results of the game whatever they may be.

thunderkyss
01-11-2013, 11:19 AM
Super bowl contenders don't get beat like Green Bay and New England beat them . The also don't gag away HFA when they were healthy , for the most part , losing to the Vikings and Colts

SB contenders know the recipe and have the ingredients to make a run . I don't think the Texans have either at this point . They're just a nice , basic casseroles , nothing more .

I hear ya. But like I said, we're more than a speed bump. We're learning the recipe & if we beat New England, I like our chances against Manning & the Ravens.

Our record against elite teams leaves a lot lacking. As far as losing to Minnesota & Indy.... it's not like you didn't know we weren't playing very well.

But I think we've been playing better & better ever since. We played better against Minnesota than we did against New England (that's the game we got Newton back, I think), Second Indy game, we played better than we did against Minnesota (didn't win, but played better, played Houston Texans football).

Against Cincinnati, we looked really good on both offense & defense. We didn't score TDs, I get it. But the improvement from the week before was night & day. I have no doubt in my mind, that our guys aren't just sitting around hoping they play better.

Defensively, I wasn't expecting it, but the guys in the secondary really stepped up their game. 6 passes defensed. Maybe not a record or anything, but I can't remember the last time the Texans got 6 passes defensed in one game.

& Jjo looked good. I mean he looked like the guy that turned it around for us last year, before Watt was Watt. Now he's got Mega Watt playing in front of him....... oooooooo weeeeee I'm excited.

I'm really optimistic about this game coming up (if you can't tell). You may not be, but that's ok. But I feel, what you're looking for, you're about to see.

Honoring Earl 34
01-11-2013, 11:27 AM
I hear ya. But like I said, we're more than a speed bump. We're learning the recipe & if we beat New England, I like our chances against Manning & the Ravens.

Our record against elite teams leaves a lot lacking. As far as losing to Minnesota & Indy.... it's not like you didn't know we weren't playing very well.

But I think we've been playing better & better ever since. We played better against Minnesota than we did against New England (that's the game we got Newton back, I think), Second Indy game, we played better than we did against Minnesota (didn't win, but played better, played Houston Texans football).

Against Cincinnati, we looked really good on both offense & defense. We didn't score TDs, I get it. But the improvement from the week before was night & day. I have no doubt in my mind, that our guys aren't just sitting around hoping they play better.

Defensively, I wasn't expecting it, but the guys in the secondary really stepped up their game. 6 passes defensed. Maybe not a record or anything, but I can't remember the last time the Texans got 6 passes defensed in one game.

& Jjo looked good. I mean he looked like the guy that turned it around for us last year, before Watt was Watt. Now he's got Mega Watt playing in front of him....... oooooooo weeeeee I'm excited.

I'm really optimistic about this game coming up (if you can't tell). You may not be, but that's ok. But I feel, what you're looking for, you're about to see.

Compare the Texans with Seattle who played GB , NE , SF , SF , and the Vikings . They were 4-1 with a rookie QB playing like the Texans want to .

thunderkyss
01-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Compare the Texans with Seattle who played GB , NE , SF , SF , and the Vikings . They were 4-1 with a rookie QB playing like the Texans want to .

Weren't they Wild Cards, same as us?

Oh no, we won our division. Either way, they were playing last weekend, same as us. Whatever "big games" they won to get to the Play-offs, we won as many as well.

They're better against elite teams.... yeah. 4-1 against those teams & Minnesota may say as much.

They lost to Arizona.

They lost to St Louis.

The lost to San Francisco.

They lost to Detroit (we didn't).

They lost to Miami (we didn't).

Honoring Earl 34
01-11-2013, 11:58 AM
Weren't they Wild Cards, same as us?

Oh no, we won our division. Either way, they were playing last weekend, same as us. Whatever "big games" they won to get to the Play-offs, we won as many as well.

They're better against elite teams.... yeah. 4-1 against those teams & Minnesota may say as much.

They lost to Arizona.

They lost to St Louis.

The lost to San Francisco.

They lost to Detroit (we didn't).

They lost to Miami (we didn't).

I would bet the Seahawks beat the Falcons because they got hot late and beat good teams . Their only loss against a good team was 13 to 6 .

Seattle knocks off top seed in the NFC while I'm hoping the Texans don't embarrass us again .

thunderkyss
01-11-2013, 12:14 PM
I would bet the Seahawks beat the Falcons because they got hot late and beat good teams . Their only loss against a good team was 13 to 6 .

Seattle knocks off top seed in the NFC while I'm hoping the Texans don't embarrass us again .

I'll take Seattle over Atlanta. I never bought into the Atlanta thing this year. I don't know if Vegas has it that way, but I see Seattle as the favorite, even on the road.

We're the underdog, going to New England... I would bet the Seahawks would be underdogs going into New England & Denver.

We'd probably be dawgs going into Atlanta.

I get your point. The Seahawks have been playing better than we were ending the season. They played better than us last week.

None of that changes the fact that we're more than a speedbump.

If we beat New England, will that change your mind?

No, because that won't be a "big game" We'll be a speed bump on Denver's way to the Super Bowl. & that's the point.

We've got a lot of big games behind us. That's the only way we could be where we are at.

Foxboro Steve
01-11-2013, 12:15 PM
seems like you guys are fighting among yourselves! :truck:

Honoring Earl 34
01-11-2013, 12:19 PM
seems like you guys are fighting among yourselves! :truck:

Nope ... While I Would love for the Texans to win I don't think they will unless of course we can borrow y'alls video camera that was used vs the Rams in the Super Bowl . :fingergun:

Honoring Earl 34
01-11-2013, 12:26 PM
I'll take Seattle over Atlanta. I never bought into the Atlanta thing this year. I don't know if Vegas has it that way, but I see Seattle as the favorite, even on the road.

We're the underdog, going to New England... I would bet the Seahawks would be underdogs going into New England & Denver.

We'd probably be dawgs going into Atlanta.

I get your point. The Seahawks have been playing better than we were ending the season. They played better than us last week.

None of that changes the fact that we're more than a speedbump.

If we beat New England, will that change your mind?

No, because that won't be a "big game" We'll be a speed bump on Denver's way to the Super Bowl. & that's the point.

We've got a lot of big games behind us. That's the only way we could be where we are at.

We are a pretender until we do it . If we beat NE , we're a lower speed bump .

The Ravens play Denver in 16 degree weather . I think that helps the Ravens a bunch . If the Ravens win and the Texans win then we'll see if we can take care of business .

thunderkyss
01-11-2013, 12:27 PM
While I Would love for the Texans to win

We had the most dominant OL in the league last year. We lost Dressen, Briesel & Winston.

We knew we were going to struggle running the ball, especially to the right side & somewhat to the left since the backside play is very important in our ZBS.

However, just as we were getting it figured out, what happened? What happened that we weren't able to overcome?

We lost both Newton & Graham for multiple games. & for some reason we stepped up Brandon Brooks' snaps around the same time.

With Newton & Graham back in the line up, we are looking like that team they thought was the best in the league. Newton came back against Minnesota & our running game has gotten better & better ever since.

We're going to kick New England's a55, because of Derek Newton.

Foxboro Steve
01-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Nope ... While I Would love for the Texans to win I don't think they will unless of course we can borrow y'alls video camera that was used vs the Rams in the Super Bowl . :fingergun:

A spygate reference. Very witty. :deadhorse
Not like we don't hear that every other day from opposing fans.

Honoring Earl 34
01-11-2013, 12:50 PM
A spygate reference. Very witty. :deadhorse
Not like we don't hear that every other day from opposing fans.

Kurt Warner would have been a sure fired HOF QB but Ol Bill stole it from him . Cheat , steal , it's all the same I guess . I will say that he's willing to do anything to win just like Al Davis .

Honoring Earl 34
01-11-2013, 12:56 PM
We had the most dominant OL in the league last year. We lost Dressen, Briesel & Winston.

We knew we were going to struggle running the ball, especially to the right side & somewhat to the left since the backside play is very important in our ZBS.

However, just as we were getting it figured out, what happened? What happened that we weren't able to overcome?

We lost both Newton & Graham for multiple games. & for some reason we stepped up Brandon Brooks' snaps around the same time.

With Newton & Graham back in the line up, we are looking like that team they thought was the best in the league. Newton came back against Minnesota & our running game has gotten better & better ever since.

We're going to kick New England's a55, because of Derek Newton.

Oh I get , Newtonian Law .

I wish they would have started with the two guys they thought would eventually be the best and left them in at RG and RT .

Tailgate
01-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Thanks again for the tuck rule!

toronto
01-11-2013, 01:02 PM
We don't care if we're hated. You keep hating us. We'll just keep on beating your favorite team(s) like we always do.

I don't hate you. I sure don't respect the fanbase. The teams I respect a lot more. I will never forget the way my wife was treated at Fenway several years ago. Way too many classless humans disguised as fans.

I look forward to watching the Jays beat the **** out of the Red Sox this year. Been a long time coming.

Honoring Earl 34
01-11-2013, 01:11 PM
Thanks again for the tuck rule!

I forgot about the tuck rule .

There maybe a Justin Tuck rule when it comes to SB games . If Tuck's in the SB , NE won't win .

Dread-Head
01-11-2013, 01:21 PM
Let me first start by acknowledging that the 42-14 Patriots win a few weeks ago is mostly irrelevant now. Having said that, it was quite telling. That we were able to destroy you guys while playing a mediocre (AT BEST) game speaks volumes.

Okay.

With the exception of that fabulous 63 yard pass to Donate Stallworth, it was one of Brady's weaker performances of the season. There were several missed passes (to Lloyd) that would have resulted in 6.

:thinking: So Brady not having a 400 yard passing game had NOTHING to do with the defense he faced...he simply got up on the wrong side of the bed. Interesting logic.

We fumbled the ball a couple of times (not surprisingly, the Texans failed to recover) and our defense had some gaping holes. In short, we were not at our best. Add to that the fact that Gronkowski wasn't in our lineup, and the blowout becomes even more comical. Expect a much better effort from the Pats with something actually on the line.

:thinking: So...everytime a ball has ever been fumbled in NFL history by an offense...the defense managed to recover...with the exception of THAT game? Fascinating. Wow...watching game film of one guy and preparing for that guy...then facing someone else wouldn't have anything to do with a problem in execution. Oh well.

Let me preface what I'm about to say with somethign than can be affirmed by EVERY person on this board who KNOWS me. I LOATHE the Dallas Cowboys with a seething passion that shall burn like an ember long after my bones have decomposed beneath a blankets of God's sweet earth, But the BEST Tight End playing Football TODAY is Jason Garrett. Deal with it.

:kitten: Amazing you can see that...in your in depth Monday Morning QB analysis...and many of the NFL's best Defensive Coordinators can not.

Funny...many thought the Jets got LUCKY and the Pats were simply cocky.

Basically...you're saying the Pats are going to win...and how. Last time I saw a guy look another guy in the eye and say: "See my right foot? It's going to kick you in the right side of your face...and there isn't one thing you can do about it." was in the movie "Billy Jack". How about this bruh. Let my team show up to Foxborough and let them play your team without the referees making mysterious pass interference calls or calling holding when it doesn't occur. Let the smoke clear and let the winner advance to the AFC Championship game.

Hardcore Texan
01-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Even in those years when we've "sucked" we were still head and shoulders above the Texans. LOL

That doesn't really make sense but um...sure, whatever helps your superiority complex. Best of luck to your Rhode Island Patriots this weekend. Oh I forgot, you don't need it, it's all a formality. :voodoo:

Foxboro Steve
01-11-2013, 01:37 PM
I don't hate you. I sure don't respect the fanbase. The teams I respect a lot more. I will never forget the way my wife was treated at Fenway several years ago. Way too many classless humans disguised as fans.

I look forward to watching the Jays beat the **** out of the Red Sox this year. Been a long time coming.

I think it's great you guys can lump all of us together. Nothing like being objective.

TheIronDuke
01-11-2013, 01:42 PM
For the record I've had awesome experiences with Bostonians and love visiting New England. Haven't been for sports purposes but for business and New Englanders are cool people. Even the OP is probably wicked awesome, he damn sure has told some great stories in this thread.

toronto
01-11-2013, 01:56 PM
I think it's great you guys can lump all of us together. Nothing like being objective.

I work with a few Pats fans. We have fun with each other as its all in good fun. I work for an all sports network so believe me I have come to understand what is obnoxious and what isn't. When my wife has a beer thrown at her (2003) because of her Jays hat, then security laughs at us while she is rinsing her hair, I tend to not forget.

You get lumped in because that's usually how it works. Bad apples ruin it for the rest of the fanbase. Not saying its right.

I have been to Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Jets, Bills and Dolphins games as an opposing fan, and none of them hold a candle to the viciousness we experienced in Boston. Well maybe buffalo. That's my fault for going there for opening week the year after the music city miracle. But seeing as how I was at the 35-3 game, I felt we were even.

Foxboro Steve
01-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Let me preface what I'm about to say with somethign than can be affirmed by EVERY person on this board who KNOWS me. I LOATHE the Dallas Cowboys with a seething passion that shall burn like an ember long after my bones have decomposed beneath a blankets of God's sweet earth, But the BEST Tight End playing Football TODAY is Jason Garrett. Deal with it.

Dude. whoa, dude. Garrett Graham? 263 yards receiving with 3 TD's? That guy? He's not even #1 on your team. You gotta be pulling my leg.

1. Gronk
2. Jimmy Graham
3. Antonio Gates
4. Vernon Davis
5. AH

That's just off the top of my head. No Finley, Whitten, or Gonzalez even. I am gonna assume 1.) you're tailgating already or 2.) you're fooling around.

TexanSam
01-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Dude. whoa, dude. Garrett Graham? 263 yards receiving with 3 TD's? That guy? He's not even #1 on your team. You gotta be pulling my leg.

1. Gronk
2. Jimmy Graham
3. Antonio Gates
4. Vernon Davis
5. AH

That's just off the top of my head. No Finley, Whitten, or Gonzalez even. I am gonna assume 1.) you're tailgating already or 2.) you're fooling around.

I think he meant Jason Witten. I would put Witten 3rd over Hernandez, Vernon Davis, and Antonio Gates.

TheIronDuke
01-11-2013, 02:08 PM
I really like Jermaine Gresham, hopefully he can give Gronk and Hernandez some pointers on how to play the TE position before our game!

Foxboro Steve
01-11-2013, 02:12 PM
I work with a few Pats fans. We have fun with each other as its all in good fun. I work for an all sports network so believe me I have come to understand what is obnoxious and what isn't. When my wife has a beer thrown at her (2003) because of her Jays hat, then security laughs at us while she is rinsing her hair, I tend to not forget.

You get lumped in because that's usually how it works. Bad apples ruin it for the rest of the fanbase. Not saying its right.

I have been to Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Jets, Bills and Dolphins games as an opposing fan, and none of them hold a candle to the viciousness we experienced in Boston. Well maybe buffalo. That's my fault for going there for opening week the year after the music city miracle. But seeing as how I was at the 35-3 game, I felt we were even.

I've been a season ticket holder for 18 years. Now I grant you I have seen some lousy behavior, but I have never seen anything like your speaking, not that it didn't happen. I've seen it get ugly with opposing fans, but it's reciprocal. Every game I have been to have been a "live and let live" when it comes to opposing fans. If you act like an A-hole, you get treated like one. If your cool, we can have fun and enjoy some good natured ribbing.

I would also guess that if you ranked us as a group of the whole NFL, we're likely behind Oakland, Philly, NYJ, and Buffalo. I think it's an east coast thing, save for Oakland. I'll also say that "any given Sunday", you'll find lousy fans in any NFL stadium.

as far as the visiting fans go, The Jets are the worst, but I digress.

Foxboro Steve
01-11-2013, 02:14 PM
I think he meant Jason Witten. I would put Witten 3rd over Hernandez, Vernon Davis, and Antonio Gates.

That makes sense, although I think Davis is better. We're just splitting hairs IMO.

Honoring Earl 34
01-11-2013, 02:18 PM
I've been a season ticket holder for 18 years. Now I grant you I have seen some lousy behavior, but I have never seen anything like your speaking, not that it didn't happen. I've seen it get ugly with opposing fans, but it's reciprocal. Every game I have been to have been a "live and let live" when it comes to opposing fans. If you act like an A-hole, you get treated like one. If your cool, we can have fun and enjoy some good natured ribbing.

I would also guess that if you ranked us as a group of the whole NFL, we're likely behind Oakland, Philly, NYJ, and Buffalo. I think it's an east coast thing, save for Oakland. I'll also say that "any given Sunday", you'll find lousy fans in any NFL stadium.

Well ... fan is short for fanatic and probably the longer the tradition or success , the more zeal . The Texans are knew with just two starting QBs in their history . Our all time team would suck compared to the Packers , Steelers , Raiders , and such .

Having said that , I can only pull for the home team or nobody because I can't be a team hopper . :shades:

RandomVariable
01-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Some facts about Gronkowski:

-holds the all-time single season record for TDs by a TE with 17
-is the only TE in NFL history to lead the league in rec TDs
-has most consecutive 10+ TD seasons by a TE (3)
-holds the single season record for rec yards by a TE
-most offensive TDs in the first 3 seasons
-over the last 3 seasons (which have been the first 3 of his career) he leads the entire league in rec TDs, despite having missed almost half of this season
-is a superb blocker

Anyone who claims that he is not the single best TE in the league today simply dislikes facts. There is no room for debate.

TheIronDuke
01-11-2013, 04:03 PM
Some facts about Gronkowski:

-holds the all-time single season record for TDs by a TE with 17
-is the only TE in NFL history to lead the league in rec TDs
-has most consecutive 10+ TD seasons by a TE (3)
-holds the single season record for rec yards by a TE
-most offensive TDs in the first 3 seasons
-over the last 3 seasons (which have been the first 3 of his career) he leads the entire league in rec TDs, despite having missed almost half of this season
-is a superb blocker

Anyone who claims that he is not the single best TE in the league today simply dislikes facts. There is no room for debate.

He's like almost the JJ Watt of TE's.

Foxboro Steve
01-11-2013, 04:07 PM
He's like almost the JJ Watt of TE's.

lol IS the JJ Watt of TE's bro. IS!

Honoring Earl 34
01-11-2013, 04:13 PM
lol IS the JJ Watt of TE's bro. IS!

Now you can say what you want about a bunch of Texans but JJ , AJ , Arian , Cushing , and Duane are some of the best at their positions .

axman40
01-11-2013, 05:04 PM
I have enjoyed RandomVariable (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=52583) insights every since Rocky 4.
http://www.hark.com/clips/hhvdjmzvys-ucantwin

"It's suicide! You can't win!"
RandomVariable (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=52583) tells Texans fans that they can't beat The Pats

http://totalrocky.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/taliashire.jpg

:fans::fans::fans:

DBCooper
01-11-2013, 06:29 PM

It's not really the fans, Steve.

Most of the Patriot fans I have dealt with have been more like you than the other 2 losers posting like we shouldn't even play the game.

It's really more about the media that has completely ignored the Texans for years and is always slobbering all over Brady and Bilechickens jock.

But I understand the treatment. We have done nothing yet. And the Patriots are perennial contenders.

RandomVariable
01-11-2013, 07:30 PM
It's not really the fans, Steve.

Most of the Patriot fans I have dealt with have been more like you than the other 2 losers posting like we shouldn't even play the game.

It's really more about the media that has completely ignored the Texans for years and is always slobbering all over Brady and Bilechickens jock.

But I understand the treatment. We have done nothing yet. And the Patriots are perennial contenders.

If I lived in a sh!t state like Texas and cheered for a complete fraud of a team, I'd be equally as bitter and envious of those whose team has achieved a tremendous amount of success.

This game is nothing but a warm-up for when the real postseason for us begins, which is next week.

DBCooper
01-11-2013, 07:41 PM
If I lived in a sh!t state like Texas and cheered for a complete fraud of a team, I'd be equally as bitter and envious of those whose team has achieved a tremendous amount of success.

This game is nothing but a warm-up for when the real postseason for us begins, which is next week.

Bitter and envious? Where do you see that?

I would love to hang around you all next week after the Patriots lose.

Honoring Earl 34
01-11-2013, 07:49 PM

Oh good lord ... we have oil , hot chicks , BBQ , Tex Mex , good college teams in many sports , Austin the live music capital of the world , weather you can golf 11 months out of the year , many quality Texas vodkas , nice new 3000 square foot home for 250,000 bucks , and pecan pie . You have Paul Revere , Tom Brady , Miss New England and runner up in ( photo below ) , and beans .

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_oZAU-mjDmYM/TG59v62mxdI/AAAAAAAAAPw/8Kb173RZAWI/s1600/FatChicks.jpg

RandomVariable
01-11-2013, 10:10 PM
Oh good lord ... we have oil , hot chicks , BBQ , Tex Mex , good college teams in many sports , Austin the live music capital of the world , weather you can golf 11 months out of the year , many quality Texas vodkas , nice new 3000 square foot home for 250,000 bucks , and pecan pie . You have Paul Revere , Tom Brady , Miss New England and runner up in ( photo below ) , and beans .

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_oZAU-mjDmYM/TG59v62mxdI/AAAAAAAAAPw/8Kb173RZAWI/s1600/FatChicks.jpg

Is that what Texans consider to be "hot chicks?" We have vastly different standards over here.

Then again, you live in one of those States that receives more welfare than they contribute. You've got bigger problems than the presence of the grotesque gargantuan gargoyles you call women.

Honoring Earl 34
01-11-2013, 11:19 PM
Is that what Texans consider to be "hot chicks?" We have vastly different standards over here.

Then again, you live in one of those States that receives more welfare than they contribute. You've got bigger problems than the presence of the grotesque gargantuan gargoyles you call women.

No ... for every dollar we put in we only get 91 cents back .

Texans had the NFLs winner of the hottest cheerleader 2 of the last 3 years .

http://media.culturemap.com/cache/1a/37/1a37e010d8dd5d7382d1f91335e69434.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2772/4323813643_ece1ac63bd.jpg

robroy72
01-11-2013, 11:46 PM
Holy isht ... where can I obtain those red boots?

RandomVariable
01-11-2013, 11:47 PM
These broads have spectacular bodies but atrocious faces.

infantrycak
01-11-2013, 11:53 PM
Holy isht ... where can I obtain those red boots?

I really hope that inquiry is for a significant other.

These broads have spectacular bodies but atrocious faces.

Yeah, as if you would be making the choice with either of those girls.

TexCanada
01-12-2013, 02:04 AM

Man, I really dislike Pats fans.

Textan
01-12-2013, 02:47 AM

You must not be aware of the Texas economy. Granted, all that secession talk was just mumbo jumbo, but the United States could not afford to lose Texas if it were legit.
Our business friendly environment helps our economy tremendously.

Business in Texas (http://www.cnbc.com/id/47818860/Texas_Is_America039s_Top_State_for_Business_2012)

thunderkyss
01-12-2013, 07:56 AM

OMG......

Look, when you can turn "New England" into red states, then you can comment on our welfare status. Until then, keep pumping out the dough & watch this country slip into insolvency.

michaelm
01-12-2013, 11:59 AM

Your ignorance is staggering, on top of your compete and total *********gery.

The state of Texas only receives $0.91 in Federal funds for every $1.00 the state contributes to the Fed.
We are a net tax PAYER, not TAKER.
Additionally, we are a state with ZERO state income tax, and the state of Texas currently had a two year SURPLUS of 8.8 BILLION DOLLARS.

Keep enjoying your welfare state. I'll keep mine, thanks for playing little boy.

ChampionTexan
01-12-2013, 12:11 PM
Your ignorance is staggering, on top of your compete and total *********gery.

The state of Texas only receives $0.91 in Federal funds for every $1.00 the state contributes to the Fed.
We are a net tax PAYER, not TAKER.
Additionally, we are a state with ZERO state income tax, and the state of Texas currently had a two year SURPLUS of 8.8 BILLION DOLLARS.

Keep enjoying your welfare state. I'll keep mine, thanks for playing little boy.

My most vivid memory from the one time I've been to Boston was the number of homeless people I saw, combined with the fact that they didn't seem to view being homeless as a temporary condition, but a chosen profession.

RandomVariable
01-12-2013, 08:32 PM
What did I tell you all about Baltimore? Your team doesn't have the tenacity to pull off what they just did.

We will beat you tomorrow, but next week will be a tough game for us.

Foxboro Steve
01-13-2013, 08:45 AM
You guy's ready for this? Winner hosts....

NitroGSXR
01-13-2013, 09:16 AM
You guy's ready for this? Winner hosts....

I'm ready, Foxboro Steve! May we have an amazing game like yesterday's Ravens/Broncos game with the Texans coming out on top! NO injuries for either of us!

GO TEXANS! WHOOO HOOO!!!

gtexan02
01-13-2013, 09:19 AM
Nvm

TheIronDuke
01-13-2013, 06:13 PM
Well, not sure what the final score will be but I did predict 37-15 Pats, good luck against Baltimore, Pats fans.

RandomVariable
01-13-2013, 06:53 PM
This was expected. Not a big accomplishment.

Foxboro Steve
01-13-2013, 06:55 PM
Well, I am gonna have some humility, thanks for having us, gang. Hopefully Gronked isn't too much of a jerk. Good luck with the off season.

Everlong
01-13-2013, 07:05 PM
Great season for your team Texans fans. Good luck next year and thanks for being great hosts and good football people.

TheIronDuke
01-13-2013, 07:08 PM
Good having most of you guys here, maybe we will see y'all next playoffs. 90% of yall were very classy.

fiasco west
01-13-2013, 07:09 PM
This was expected. Not a big accomplishment.

Your team is mostly respectable instead of guys like you.

Guys like you are usually the guys though that aren't even around when your team is losing though.

RandomVariable
01-13-2013, 07:14 PM
Good having most of you guys here, maybe we will see y'all next playoffs. 90% of yall were very classy.

I LOVE the Texans. Probably more than all of you combined. I hope we play in many playoffs to come. ;)