PDA

View Full Version : 2013 NFL Free Agent Tracker

Pages : [1] 2

Playoffs
01-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Nice little FA tool with player ratings & snaps...

2013 PFF Free Agency Tracker
PFF Analysis Team | 2013/01/07 (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/07/2013-pff-free-agency-tracker/)

Every year we launch into free agency with the aim to deliver the most comprehensive service out there. We’ve got rankings, breakdowns, team needs and some special features all coming up, but starts here…

With the Pro Football Focus Free Agency Tracker.

We’ve got a run down on all the available free agents with a breakdown of their 2012 snaps and player grades.

This year we’re making it even easier for you to find what you’re looking for by breaking the pages down a number of ways.

Free agents by position:

QB | RB | FB | TE | WR | OT | OG | OC | K | P | LS
S | CB | LB | Edge Defenders | Interior D-Line

Free agents by team:

ARZ | ATL | BAL | BUF | CAR | CHI | CIN | CLE | DAL | DEN | DET
GB | HOU | IND | JAX | KC | MIA | MIN | NE | NO | NYG | NYJ
OAK | PHI | PIT | STL | SD | SF | SEA | TB | TEN | WAShttps://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/07/2013-pff-free-agency-tracker/

Playoffs
02-11-2013, 06:08 PM
The Sideline View (http://www.thesidelineview.com/)'s Adam Caplan's free agent lists:

BEST AVAILABLE NFL FREE AGENTS - OFFENSE (http://www.thesidelineview.com/columns/caplans-nfl-corner/best-available-nfl-free-agents-offense) (ranked in order)

BEST AVAILABLE NFL FREE AGENTS - DEFENSE (http://www.thesidelineview.com/columns/caplans-nfl-corner/best-available-nfl-free-agents-defense) (ranked in order)

ArlingtonTexan
02-12-2013, 12:09 AM
A salary cap and contract site

http://overthecap.com/

thunderkyss
02-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Here's another Free Agent Tracker (http://www.footballsfuture.com/2013/fa/track.html) it's from Footballsfuture.com

HOU-TEX
03-08-2013, 03:02 PM
I just wanted to point out the obvious. There's going to be a smorgasbord of FAs this year. This low of a cap must be really beginning to hamstring teams.

Adrian Wilson was cut, Winston, Aaron Ross, both Landrys, John Abraham, etc.

It's being said that James Harrison will be cut soon too.

With as many veteran DBs out there it might help us in re-signing Quin

76Texan
03-08-2013, 03:17 PM
I just wanted to point out the obvious. There's going to be a smorgasbord of FAs this year. This low of a cap must be really beginning to hamstring teams.

Adrian Wilson was cut, Winston, Aaron Ross, both Landrys, John Abraham, etc.

It's being said that James Harrison will be cut soon too.

With as many veteran DBs out there it might help us in re-signing Quin

Money isn't growing on trees.
The stupid agents are going to try to push to be the first ones to get what they can.
Let the desperate teams overpay.

HOU-TEX
03-08-2013, 03:28 PM
Atari Bigby's been cut too

I'd be happy if we would make an effort to get Dannell Ellerbe and Roy Miller.

greekdbag
03-08-2013, 03:51 PM
Dolphins re-sign WR Brian Hartline to a five year deal for 31 mill with 12.5 mill guaranteed

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/03/08/wr-brian-hartline-agrees-to-5-year-deal-for-nearly-31-million-to-remain-with/

greekdbag
03-08-2013, 03:52 PM
Atari Bigby's been cut too

I'd be happy if we would make an effort to get Dannell Ellerbe and Roy Miller.

Ellerbe is supposedly the Ravens' top priority at the moment

HOU-TEX
03-08-2013, 04:00 PM
Ellerbe is supposedly the Ravens' top priority at the moment

Yep, but his agent tweeted a while ago saying nothing's getting done and will listen to 32 teams in a few hours

greekdbag
03-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Yep, but his agent tweeted a while ago saying nothing's getting done and will listen to 32 teams in a few hours

I'd take him next to Cushing in a heartbeat. That's also one less urgent hole to fill in the draft. Still not sure about the Reed to ILB stuff.

76Texan
03-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Dolphins re-sign WR Brian Hartline to a five year deal for 31 mill with 12.5 mill guaranteed

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/03/08/wr-brian-hartline-agrees-to-5-year-deal-for-nearly-31-million-to-remain-with/

Wow!

Damn Rosenhaus!

Playoffs
03-09-2013, 12:20 PM
Steelers release James Harrison.

HOU-TEX
03-11-2013, 12:03 PM
I must say, this new "legal tampering" window is ridiculous. Why even bother changing it from what it was? Tampering or not, it seemed just fine before this bullbutter

GP
03-11-2013, 01:03 PM
We might be entering an era of NFL where the outrageous contracts for even the best free agent candidates come to a screeching halt.

Is this the beginning of RESTRAINT in terms of spending?

At some point, even the few teams that right now have gobs of cap space are going to eat up that cap space and find themselves in our position within a few seasons. Everyone will eventually be forced to restrain from spending.

This is going to be very interesting. Plus, IIRC, from what dutchrudder has been saying, this is the first year that teams have a MINIMUM threshold they have to meet in terms of cap spending. You can't just roll over savings, you now have to pay a certain amount to players--a certain overall percentage.

So a lot of these free agents might not fit anywhere BUT those less-talented cellar dwellers who are required to spend a minimum amount to meet the new rules.

:popcorn:

HOU-TEX
03-12-2013, 11:06 AM
I wonder if we'd be interested in him? He's better than what we have.....plus, it's my son's name too. :)

Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter

More cuts coming today: Panthers releasing LB James Anderson.

Dutchrudder
03-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Looks like the Ravens came to terms with James Ihedigbo.

@JamesIhedigbo
#Baltimore Standup... The GraveDigger is back for another year!!!! Excited to be back love my Bmore Family!! #Salute

HOU-TEX
03-12-2013, 02:30 PM
Not sure what the Vikes are doing. They're whacking players at positions they already have a need for. :shrug:

Tom Pelissero‏@TomPelissero

BREAKING: #Vikings just released Antoine Winfield.

Vinny
03-12-2013, 03:39 PM
I must say, this new "legal tampering" window is ridiculous. Why even bother changing it from what it was? Tampering or not, it seemed just fine before this bullbutter
I think they want a National signing day event type thing. In the past there were a bunch of immediate announcements (teams had to "tamper" if your announcement is one min after midnight) so this is their solution. A 3 day Free Agent Kabuki dance.

HOU-TEX
03-12-2013, 03:40 PM
Aaron Ross is going back to the Giants after 1 year with the jags

Mike Garafolo‏@MikeGarafolo

CB Aaron Ross will be returning to the team that drafted him. He'll re-sign with the Giants after one year in Jacksonville.

Aso's about to hit the market. I bet he still lands a good deal

Philadelphia Eagles will release former Pro Bowl CB Nnamdi Asomugha today.

*edit* Aso is now a UFA
Aaron Wilson‏@RavensInsider

Eagles have now announced release of cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha. Flooded corner market now

HOU-TEX
03-12-2013, 03:48 PM
I think they want a National signing day event type thing. In the past there were a bunch of immediate announcements (teams had to "tamper" if your announcement is one min after midnight) so this is their solution. A 3 day Free Agent Kabuki dance.

Yeah, but the last minute memo with restrictions the NFL sent out had teams thumbin their butt wondering what they could or couldn't do. I don't think it panned out the way they wanted it

HOU-TEX
03-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Damn, looks like it really is a "signing day" for some

Dan Graziano‏@espn_nfceast

RT @MikeClayNFL: BREAKING: Former Giants TE Martellus Bennett has informed me that he will sign with the Chicago Bears tonight.

Playoffs
03-12-2013, 04:08 PM
Dan Graziano‏@espn_nfceast

RT @MikeClayNFL: BREAKING: Former Giants TE Martellus Bennett has informed me that he will sign with the Chicago Bears tonight.
Bears getting interestinger & interestingerer. Rumor is they're in play for OT Jake Long.

ASidd_1990
03-12-2013, 04:10 PM
Bears getting interestinger & interestingerer. Rumor is they're in play for OT Jake Long.

I heard a rumor Long is going to the Rams.

ASidd_1990
03-12-2013, 04:11 PM
Mike Wallace is nearing close to a deal with the Dolphins according to Adam Schefter.

ChampionTexan
03-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Chiefs get Anthony Fasano.
Adam Teicher ‏@adamteicher

Can confirm that #Chiefs have reached an agreement with TE Anthony Fasano.

HOU-TEX
03-12-2013, 04:13 PM
I heard a rumor Long is going to the Rams.

Just visiting. Post links please

Albert Breer‏@AlbertBreer

Free agent OT Jake Long has a visit set up with the Rams.

HOU-TEX
03-12-2013, 04:14 PM
Bush garnering interest

Dolphins free-agent running back Reggie Bush is scheduling a visit with the Detroit Lions. Cardinals, Bengals also interested.

Playoffs
03-12-2013, 04:14 PM
Talk about instant offense!

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Miami also making major push to sign Titans free-agent TE Jared Cook.

Dolphins and Mike Wallace are negotiating a five-year deal that one source familiar with the talks said is "very, very likely" to get done

HOU-TEX
03-12-2013, 04:18 PM
titans trying to go in hard

Paul Kuharsky‏@espn_afcsouth

Early indications are #Titans initial targets are G Andy Levitre, SF TE Delanie Walker and WR Danny Amendola. #NFLFreeAgency

HOU-TEX
03-12-2013, 04:19 PM
A TE off the market

ProFootballTalk‏@ProFootballTalk

Report: Chiefs agree to quick deal with Anthony Fasano

Mr teX
03-12-2013, 04:20 PM
titans trying to go in hard

that's not going in hard....If they were truly interested in winning, they'd be tyring to pry Jake Long away from Miami and would be in serious talks for Mike Wallace.

HOU-TEX
03-12-2013, 04:31 PM
that's not going in hard....If they were truly interested in winning, they'd be tyring to pry Jake Long away from Miami and would be in serious talks for Mike Wallace.

Yeah, but they're trying

Former Bills G Andy Levitre has reached agreement in principle with the Titans on 5-year, $39 million deal.

The1ApplePie
03-12-2013, 04:38 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/12/bills-cut-ryan-fitzpatrick/

Ryan Fitzpatrick cut

Dutchrudder
03-12-2013, 04:41 PM
I'm happy to see the Titans spend nearly 8m a year on a guard. I'm sure that's all they need to make CJ get back to CJ2K form! lol...

@AdamSchefter reports #Browns have reached 5-year deal in principle with Paul Kruger.

Supposedly 5 years 40 million. Not bad for the Brownies

Vinny
03-12-2013, 04:42 PM
524 players, or more than one quarter of the NFL, became free agents 40 minutes ago. @dkaplanSBJ

Vinny
03-12-2013, 04:43 PM
I'm happy to see the Titans spend nearly 8m a year on a guard. I'm sure that's all they need to make CJ get back to CJ2K form! lol...
he's not even known for his run blocking. He's an elite pass protector though.

The1ApplePie
03-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Wow, Terrance Knighton's big fat ass is a free agent?

HOU-TEX
03-12-2013, 04:45 PM
Damn! Good $ going out to some big nasties. I like it

Mike Garafolo‏@MikeGarafolo

The Broncos have agreed to terms with OG Louis Vasquez, 4 years, $23.5 million with $13 million fully guaranteed.

HOU-TEX
03-12-2013, 04:46 PM
Wow, Terrance Knighton's big fat ass is a free agent?

I'd take him

JCTexan
03-12-2013, 04:54 PM
Updating Mike Wallace's deal:

Dolphins agreed to terms with WR Mike Wallace on a five-year, $65 million contract that includes $30 million guaranteed.
Link (http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/257695/dolphins-land-wallace-for-$65m-over-5-seasons)

JCTexan
03-12-2013, 05:21 PM
Titans come to terms with Delanie Walker.
Titans agreed to terms with TE Delanie Walker, formerly of the 49ers, on a four-year contract.

Walker to Titans (http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/257708/titans-land-delanie-walker-on-four-year-deal)

HOU-TEX
03-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Colts makin moves

Adam Caplan‏@caplannfl

Colts announced that they reached deals with OT Gosder Cherlius and CB Greg Toler.

*edit* Added another

Adam Caplan‏@caplannfl

Colts also announced that they have agreed to a deal with OLB Erik Walden.

*edit* And another. Guess they figured out their oline sucked

Adam Caplan‏@caplannfl

Colts announced that they have agreed to terms with former Patriots G Donald Thomas.

*edit* And another

Adam Caplan‏@caplannfl

Colts next agree to terms with DE/OLB Lawrence Sidbury, team announced.

thunderkyss
03-12-2013, 05:38 PM
Damn...

Busy day.

HOU-TEX
03-12-2013, 05:44 PM
Damn! So much for my dream

Aaron Wilson‏@RavensInsider

Ravens linebacker Dannell Ellerbe reaches agreement in principle with Miami Dolphins, per a league source with knowledge of deal

ObsiWan
03-12-2013, 05:46 PM
It's national overpay to appease the fans day for teams that suck.

See any splashy moves by New England? The only moves (I've heard so far) by the current champs was to sign Flacco and trade Boldin. Anything else?

Playoffs
03-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Ravens lose Kruger & Ellerbee & Boldin and likely Ed Reed.

Vasquez good sign by Broncos.

htowntexans1985
03-12-2013, 05:58 PM
The ravens have been officially dismantled. Ed reed will soon be gone as well. They have slim to none chances in repeating. But flacco has his "respect". We will see if he can carry all the load on his shoulders.

The1ApplePie
03-12-2013, 06:02 PM
The ravens have been officially dismantled. Ed reed will soon be gone as well. They have slim to none chances in repeating. But flacco has his "respect". We will see if he can carry all the load on his shoulders.

Flacco could have signed for the vet minimum, and the Ravens would still have been blown up. They were an old team with a lot of free agents. A lot of Super Bowl teams explode into nothing.

steelbtexan
03-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Flacco could have signed for the vet minimum, and the Ravens would still have been blown up. They were an old team with a lot of free agents. A lot of Super Bowl teams explode into nothing.

This doesn't fit into the Flacco hate, Matt Schaub's great line of thinking.

I dont get why some on the MB have such hate for Flacco, a guy who plays in the AFC championship game one yr and wins the SB the next yr cant be all bad?

Vance87
03-12-2013, 07:57 PM
Raiders announced they released WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, DB Michael Huff and DE David Tollefson; and re-signed DB Phillip Adams.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

srrono
03-12-2013, 07:58 PM
OAKLAND RAIDERS ‏@RAIDERS
The Raiders have released WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, DB Michael Huff and DE David Tollefson; and re-signed DB Phillip Adams.
Retweeted by Daniel Jeremiah

Heyward-Bey could be interesting as a #2 here in HOU.

Height: 6-2
Weight: 216
Born: Feb 26, 1987 - Silver Spring, Maryland
College: Maryland
Draft: 2009 - 1st round 7th pick by the Oakland Raiders
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9271/career

Say Watt
03-12-2013, 08:29 PM
Would love it. Very surprised they cut him. He was starting to show some promise and that was with garbage at the QB position. Get it done, Rick.

thunderkyss
03-12-2013, 09:03 PM
He'll get paid, no doubt.

texan279
03-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Titans land guard Levitre -- 5:07 p.m. ET

The NFL’s most attractive free-agent guard will be playing under two coaches who made the Hall of Fame at the position.

Buffalo’s Andy Levitre has agreed to a six-year, $46.8 contract with Tennessee, the Tennessean reported.
It was widely reported that Levitre would be targeted by the Titans. Levitre is only 26 years old and he graded out well last season in his fourth consecutive year as a 16-game starter in Buffalo.

The Bills wanted to keep Levitre but opted to use their franchise tag instead on safety Jairus Byrd, paving the way for Levitre to hit the free-agent market.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/tuesday-free-agency-latest-news-and-rumors-tampering-period-window-agents-players-031113

texan279
03-12-2013, 09:33 PM
Eagles also announced they signed former Patriots S Patrick Chung.

Adam Caplan‏@caplannfl
NT Isaac Sopoaga agreed to terms with the Eagles.

Adam Caplan‏@caplannfl

Sopoaga terms: 3 yrs, $12 M, approx $5 M guaranteed.

Paul Kruger signs with Cleveland Browns. Believed to be a 5 year $40 million dollar deal.

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=17&post_id=14081

JPPT1974
03-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Well everybody on the Ravens is leaving, except for Flacco. Like Aquain Boldin to the 49ers.

Nawzer
03-12-2013, 09:39 PM
Texans reportedly have inquired about Charles Woodson according to SR610.

JCTexan
03-12-2013, 09:45 PM
Browns sign another defensive player:

Browns signed DL Desmond Bryant, formerly of the Raiders, to a five-year, $34 million contract.

link (http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/257777/browns-give-sleeper-fa-dl-bryant-5-yrs-$34m)

Texn4life
03-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Texans reportedly have inquired about Charles Woodson according to SR610.

He's scheduled a visit to San Fran as well. Think that's where he's going to end up.

GP
03-12-2013, 09:57 PM
Heyward-Bey could be interesting as a #2 here in HOU.

Height: 6-2
Weight: 216
Born: Feb 26, 1987 - Silver Spring, Maryland
College: Maryland
Draft: 2009 - 1st round 7th pick by the Oakland Raiders
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9271/career

Seem to remember him being off and on the field, injuries, but cannot recall for sure.

Lucky
03-12-2013, 11:29 PM
Seem to remember him being off and on the field, injuries, but cannot recall for sure.
Heyward-Bey has missed 8 games in 4 years. His main problem has been inconsistency. A big game followed by a zero catch effort. I thought he was coming on at the end of 2011, but he slipped back in 2012. Just on his athletic skills alone, some team will give Heyward-Bey another opportunity.

Lucky
03-12-2013, 11:31 PM
Buffalo’s Andy Levitre has agreed to a six-year, $46.8 contract with Tennessee, the Tennessean reported
Looks like the Titans are serious about trying to stop JJ Watt. Doubt it works.

ChampionTexan
03-13-2013, 01:10 AM
Eagles also announced they signed former Patriots S Patrick Chung.

Amusingly enough, the Eagles made a complementary signing to Mr. Chung:

The Eagles have signed offensive tackle Ed Wang to a two-year deal, the team announced on Friday.

LINK (http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2013/02/eagles_sign_ot_ed_wang_to_two-.html)

GP
03-13-2013, 01:21 AM
Amusingly enough, the Eagles made a complementary signing to Mr. Chung:

LINK (http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2013/02/eagles_sign_ot_ed_wang_to_two-.html)

Everybody Wang Chung tonight!

Everybodyhavefuntonight!

They're going to play that song at every game in Philly. There'll be no end to it.

HOU-TEX
03-13-2013, 10:10 AM
Looks like the Titans are serious about trying to stop JJ Watt. Doubt it works.

Watt did just fine in week 9 against the Bills this past season. I'm not sure how often he lined up against Levitre, but he managed 5 total tackles and a sack

Dutchrudder
03-13-2013, 10:28 AM
Well, Pollard just got released:

Bernard Pollard Jr ‏@Crushboy31
Well Raven Nation it's been fun. My time in Baltimore is done... Thank you!

Bernard Pollard had a $500 K roster bonus due on Friday. $2 M base. $3.25 M cap #. Strictly a box safety.

Texn4life
03-13-2013, 10:37 AM
Well, Pollard just got released:

Bernard Pollard Jr ‏@Crushboy31
Well Raven Nation it's been fun. My time in Baltimore is done... Thank you!

Bernard Pollard had a $500 K roster bonus due on Friday. $2 M base. $3.25 M cap #. Strictly a box safety.

Sucks for Pollard..... Considering his unique ability to injure Patriots players he seems like a perfect fit for the Jets or Dolphins. He showed he can still be effective if used correctly.

dtran04
03-13-2013, 10:53 AM
So the Ravens just dismantled their defense. Interesting.

Lewis, Ellerbee, Reed, Kruger, and Pollard.

I guess you get the benefit of the doubt when you're fresh off a super bowl.

ChampionTexan
03-13-2013, 10:55 AM

http://i.qkme.me/3tcqug.jpg

Texn4life
03-13-2013, 10:56 AM

They're freeing up money for something. I think Barwin to the Ravens is a done deal.

Heath Shuler
03-13-2013, 11:22 AM
Bernard Pollard released by Baltimore Ravens

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000150319/article/baltimore-ravens-release-s-bernard-pollard?campaign=Twitter_atl

The Baltimore Ravens continue to say goodbye to their veterans. Safety Bernard Pollard tweeted that he is no longer with the organization.

"Well Raven Nation it's been fun. My time in Baltimore is done... Thank you!" read Pollard's message.

Pollard was due a $500,000 roster bonus Saturday. He had a $2 million base salary and would count $3.2 million against the cap, The Sideline View's Adam Caplan reported. NFL.com's Albert Breer reported the Ravens save $1 million against the cap in 2013 and will carry $2.25 million in dead money.

Heath Shuler
03-13-2013, 11:23 AM
Mods can this be moved to 2013 NFL Free Agent Tracker thread

thanks

djohn2oo8
03-13-2013, 12:18 PM

Former Colts WR Donnie Avery signing with KC Chiefs.

gwallaia
03-13-2013, 12:35 PM
Welcome back to Houston?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9047356/baltimore-ravens-release-top-tackler-bernard-pollard-source

Playoffs
03-13-2013, 12:38 PM
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl
S/CB Alan Ball visiting the Jaguars, according to his agent, Wynn Silberman.

Was a special teams demon for us.

76Texan
03-13-2013, 12:38 PM
$2.5 M for Pollard doesn't sound bad; $3.2-3.5 is probably more in line.
Pollard has improved in coverage. Anybody wants him back?

Dutchrudder
03-13-2013, 12:40 PM
Wrong forum! Bad mod! :slap:

gwallaia
03-13-2013, 12:41 PM
Wrong forum! Bad mod! :slap:

As soon as I posted it, I thought, Oh ****!. Someone is going to call me out!:toropalm:

djohn2oo8
03-13-2013, 01:19 PM
Reggie Bush signs with Lions

Stemp
03-13-2013, 01:28 PM
I really like Bernard Pollard while he was here.
And he played very well for the Ravens. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9047356/baltimore-ravens-release-top-tackler-bernard-pollard-source

djohn2oo8
03-13-2013, 01:45 PM
Ben Maynard ‏@BenMaynard19

The Cardinals reached an agreement on a one year deal with former Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall #FreeAgency

TEXANRED
03-13-2013, 02:04 PM
$2.5 M for Pollard doesn't sound bad; $3.2-3.5 is probably more in line.
Pollard has improved in coverage. Anybody wants him back?

Sure, we can have two hard hitting tackle missing FS playing for us.

Brisco_County
03-13-2013, 02:10 PM
I have no worries about him landing on his feet. He'll land a good contract.

brakos82
03-13-2013, 02:29 PM
The Vatican has signed Pope to a 10-year deal according to smoke.

TEXANRED
03-13-2013, 02:32 PM
The Vatican has signed Pope to a 10-year deal according to smoke.

Don't quote me years signed for, give me what he is guaranteed.

Rey
03-13-2013, 02:38 PM
Barwin to the eagles and Quinn to lions per 610

Trap_Star
03-13-2013, 02:41 PM
cant wait to see the #s on both quin and barwin.

TexanSam
03-13-2013, 02:55 PM
Wes Welker could be going to the Broncos

Dutchrudder
03-13-2013, 02:57 PM
Barwin to the eagles and Quinn to lions per 610

I'm not seeing anyone even discussing Barwin on Twitter. You would think someone would mention he's at least talking with them. Could be bogus.

Rey
03-13-2013, 02:59 PM
I'm not seeing anyone even discussing Barwin on Twitter. You would think someone would mention he's at least talking with them. Could be bogus.

He's definitely talking to them.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/03/eagles-talking-with-connor-barwin/

Nothing 100% official yet though. Just reports that they're on the verge.

Playoffs
03-13-2013, 03:06 PM

Geez, that would overload that team with WRs.

They should dump Dreessen's contract. http://simplematchfishing.co.uk/yabbfiles/Smilies/whistle.gif

HOU-TEX
03-13-2013, 03:07 PM
Another S off the board

Former 49ers S Dashon Goldson agreed to terms on a five-year deal with Tampa Bay. Really. We're sure.

GP
03-13-2013, 03:16 PM

If that's true, then the Broncos are the team to beat in the AFC. Hands down.

We're always on the ****ty end of the stick in the AFC. Time for Bud Selig to move us to the NFC!

Rey
03-13-2013, 03:21 PM
If that's true, then the Broncos are the team to beat in the AFC. Hands down.

We're always on the ****ty end of the stick in the AFC. Time for Bud Selig to move us to the NFC!

That's not what you want play boy.

NFC is filled with young talent.

Other than luck and the colts the Afc is old.

JCTexan
03-13-2013, 04:34 PM
Titans sign Shonn Greene:

Titans agreed to terms with Shonn Greene, formerly of the Jets, on a three-year, $10 million contract.

Link (http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/257904/titans-ink-shonn-greene-to-3-year-$10m-deal)

JCTexan
03-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Reggie Bush signs with Lions

4 years, 16M

Lions agreed to terms with RB Reggie Bush, formerly of the Dolphins, on a four-year, $16 million contract.
Link (http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/257870/lions-reel-in-reggie-bush-for-4-years-$16m)

HOU-TEX
03-13-2013, 04:55 PM
Welker to the Broncs

The Broncos are now the medias darling. Look forward to an offseason hearing about it..............NOT

Wes Welker has agreed to terms with Denver Broncos.

htowntexans1985
03-13-2013, 04:57 PM
The rich get richer.

Fili
03-13-2013, 05:03 PM
Welker to the Broncs

The Broncos are now the medias darling. Look forward to an offseason hearing about it..............NOT

We are officially a Wild Card Team.

JCTexan
03-13-2013, 05:07 PM
Welker signed with the Broncos for 2 years, $12 million.

Broncos agreed to terms with WR Wes Welker, formerly of the Patriots, on a two-year, $12 million contract.
Link (http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/257915/stunner-complete-welker-signs-with-broncos)

djohn2oo8
03-13-2013, 05:08 PM
Cardinals cut Kerry Rhodes

Playoffs
03-13-2013, 05:13 PM
Cardinals cut Kerry Rhodes

ProFootballFocus rated Rhodes 4th out of 88 Safties overall in 2012 for S taking >25% team snaps.

srrono
03-13-2013, 05:28 PM
Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
RT @tomecurran: Spoke to someone close to Brady. Beyond enraged at details that netted Broncos Wes Welker. "Disgrace" "disservice" used

Tom Brady is pissed

Fili
03-13-2013, 05:33 PM
Tom Brady is pissed

I would be too. After restructuring everyone would think the Pats could squeeze out something worth going for.

IDEXAN
03-13-2013, 05:47 PM
Welker is a big-name with a big-rep who got a very average deal at best, even our (make that use to be our) John Casey got a better contract. Therefor it's unlikely Welker will be a major player in this years AF championship race.

Ghostform
03-13-2013, 05:57 PM

And here it is. RT @McClain_on_NFL: The Texans' first visit will be with S Ed Reed. He'll be at their facility on Thursday.

Lucky
03-13-2013, 07:22 PM
We are officially a Wild Card Team.
What? Because Welker signed with the Broncos?

You may want to study this (http://www.nfl.com/standings).

Fili
03-13-2013, 07:33 PM
Amendola to Pats
BREAKING - Source: Patriots replace Wes Welker, reach agreement in principle on 5-yr deal with WR Danny Amendola (via @AdamSchefter)

Playoffs
03-13-2013, 07:50 PM
The bada$$ get bada$$ier???

Lions DE Cliff Avril is on a flight to Seattle to take his first visit with the Seahawks.

Vinny
03-13-2013, 08:08 PM
Cliff Avril's deal with #Seahawks is for 2 years, per @AdamSchefter.

steelbtexan
03-13-2013, 08:09 PM
The bada$$ get bada$$ier???

Yep,

BoB should take a look at how Carroll made the Hawks a contentder within 4 yrs and the Texans are still hoping to fill several holes.

Gary = 7=8 I forget and counting yrs?

Lucky
03-13-2013, 08:15 PM
Amendola to Pats
That should appease Brady. Amendola just vaulted up the fantasy rankings.

infantrycak
03-13-2013, 08:29 PM
That should appease Brady. Amendola just vaulted up the fantasy rankings.

They paid him $6.2 mil per year and rumor has it only offered Welker $5 mil.

Brady will work with it but I bet he is pissed.

Vinny
03-13-2013, 08:31 PM
Cliff Avril's deal with #Seahawks is for 2 years, per @AdamSchefter.

Rumored two years and $15 million for Avril. Reportedly turned down three years, $30 million from Detroit last year. (posting off my twitter feed)

thunderkyss
03-13-2013, 08:40 PM
They paid him $6.2 mil per year and rumor has it only offered Welker $5 mil.

Brady will work with it but I bet he is pissed.

I bet he'll get over it. He'll have Amendola for 5 years, well Bellichick will be happy anyway. Comparable guy for a longer term.

PapaL
03-13-2013, 11:21 PM
Amendola is an injured mans Welker. If he can stay healthy they won't miss a beat.

Lucky
03-13-2013, 11:55 PM
I know it's like this every year. But this year, the deals just seem dumber? Mike Lombardi is spending like a drunken sailor. He should be fired before the Browns take the field. Dashon Goldson gets $22 million guaranteed? Really, Tampa Bay? The Dolphins probably earn the Daniel Snyder award for biggest idiots in free agency. QB money for Mike Wallace? A combined $60 million for the two inside linebackers? Just insane.

JCTexan
03-14-2013, 12:07 AM
Colts sign Laron Landry.

Colts signed S LaRon Landry, formerly of the Jets, to a four-year, $24 million contract. The deal includes $14 million guaranteed.

Link (http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/257983/laron-landry-is-a-colt-on-4-year-$24m-deal)

JCTexan
03-14-2013, 12:16 AM
Broncos signed Rodgers-Cromartie to 1 year deal:

Broncos agreed to terms with CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie on a one-year, $5 million contract.

Link (http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/257977/broncos-ink-rodgers-cromartie-for-1-year-$5m)

JCTexan
03-14-2013, 12:30 AM
Derek Cox signs with SD:

Chargers signed CB Derek Cox, formerly of the Jaguars, to a four-year, $20 million contract.

Link (http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/257985/derek-cox-joins-chargers-on-4-year-$20m-deal)

Vance87
03-14-2013, 01:24 AM
Derek Cox signs with SD:

Link (http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/257985/derek-cox-joins-chargers-on-4-year-$20m-deal)

He's bringing his singing talents to SoCal.

http://youtu.be/Zce-QT7MGSE?t=48s

jukhan
03-14-2013, 01:33 AM
I know it's like this every year. But this year, the deals just seem dumber? Mike Lombardi is spending like a drunken sailor. He should be fired before the Browns take the field. Dashon Goldson gets $22 million guaranteed? Really, Tampa Bay? The Dolphins probably earn the Daniel Snyder award for biggest idiots in free agency. QB money for Mike Wallace? A combined $60 million for the two inside linebackers? Just insane.

Yeah the Browns are pretty dumb, spent $40 million on Paul Kruger. The guy has had less than 10 starts...

JCTexan
03-14-2013, 02:55 AM
Kinda interesting about Welker: He turned down a 2 year, $10 Million deal from the Patriots, that could have been as high as $16 Million. He also turned down $15 Million from a non-contending AFC team.

The breaking point came Tuesday in the mid-afternoon before the official start of free agency, when the Patriots and Welker's representatives halted contract talks. The team's offer, a two-year, $10 million pact with incentives that could have pushed it as high as $16 million but in the eyes of Welker would be extremely difficult to reach, wasn't accepted.

At that point, Welker and his representatives intensified their pursuit of other offers, and it helped that some groundwork had previously been laid with the Broncos. Likewise, the Patriots turned their attention to Amendola, who was their top choice if things didn't work out with Welker (and in the eyes of some on the other side of the negotiating table their top choice all along).
He had interest from another AFC team offering two years and closer to $15 million, which was the top contract proposal Welker received in a market that didn't unfold the way he and his representatives envisioned, but he didn't pursue it because the club isn't viewed as a contender.
ESPN (http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9050742/2013-nfl-free-agency-new-england-patriots-quickly-shifted-wes-welker-danny-amendola)

Vance87
03-14-2013, 03:58 AM
but he didn't pursue it because the club isn't viewed as a contender.

And yet he chose THE BROWNS.

Wolf6151
03-14-2013, 05:24 AM
And yet he chose THE BROWNS.

Welker signed with the Denver Broncos...

GP
03-14-2013, 09:52 AM
I suppose Rick and Wade and Gary are thinking they'll trade the youth/athleticism of Quin for the smarts of the veteran Ed Reed?

Quinn's safety play might not have been as stellar as we thought it was. If we let him walk and sign Ed Reed to a comparable contract as what the Lions signed with Quin, then I do believe the Texans were looking to trade some athleticism for a little smarter Safety play via Ed Reed.

Remember, too: McNair thinks highly of the Ravens. Grabbing their Pro Bowl, Super Bowl winning safety--regardless of his age or health--will sit well with McNair if the deal can get done.

I think we planned to let Casey, Quin, and Barwin go for the purpose of using all that money for a veteran player like Ed Reed. Barwin won't be missed. Casey will be replaced by the next HB/TE hybrid Kubiak can hopefully pinpoint and draft this year.

So, grabbing a competent and experienced Safety was doable for the coaches and front office. Two savvy Safeties and two savvy CBs, hopefully a healthy Cushing, paired with Watt & Co. might do the trick. Then focus on offense in the draft. ???

jukhan
03-14-2013, 11:12 AM
KC just released Matt Cassell

Playoffs
03-14-2013, 11:31 AM
I think we planned to let Casey, Quin, and Barwin go...

Barwin hasn't left, yet, and I think he was our #1 priority all along. Wade has been very clear that he wants Connor back.

GP
03-14-2013, 12:14 PM
Barwin hasn't left, yet, and I think he was our #1 priority all along. Wade has been very clear that he wants Connor back.

What would be the veteran minimum for Barwin? Because that's ALL he would get from the Texans, IMO.

I still think this front office is willing and able to let Barwin walk. He has NO contract with us. He's a free agent, so therefore I could see us playing hard ball and making Barwin sign for pennies. Or else he can be unemployed for as long as it took us or some other team to sign him.

My two cents. Sure, Wade wants him...but the cap space will dictate this.

thunderkyss
03-14-2013, 12:51 PM
Broncos signed Rodgers-Cromartie to 1 year deal:

Broncos agreed to terms with CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie on a one-year, $5 million contract.

Link (http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/257977/broncos-ink-rodgers-cromartie-for-1-year-$5m)

That's pretty crappy considering so many thought he walked on water.

thunderkyss
03-14-2013, 12:56 PM
I think we planned to let Casey, Quin, and Barwin go for the purpose of using all that money for a veteran player like Ed Reed. Barwin won't be missed. Casey will be replaced by the next HB/TE hybrid Kubiak can hopefully pinpoint and draft this year.

I think it's a little more fluid than that. More, "If this happens, then we'll do that." kind of thing.

I remember an interview with Vance Joseph before the combine & he said we'd like to keep all our players, but his role in the FA/Draft period is to find replacements for them.

ChampionTexan
03-14-2013, 03:03 PM
If the Chiefs sign Sean Smith then the Dunta Robinson addition is merely icing on the cake for them. They've been improving this off-season. They should not have released Eric Winston though. That right side of their offensive line is going to be their downfall, both in the run game and pass game.

Reportedly not happening.
The Chiefs, after signing cornerback Dunta Robinson, no longer have interest in Dolphins cornerback Sean Smith, per a league source.
LINK (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/09/chiefs-no-longer-interested-in-sean-smith/)

Or then again, that report could be incorrect:
Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Smith has agreed to terms on a three-year deal with the Chiefs, who now have Smith, Brandon Flowers and Dunta Robinson to use at corner against the Welker/Demaryius Thomas/Eric Decker trio that they’ll face twice in the regular season.
LINK (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/14/sean-smith-lands-with-chiefs/)

JCTexan
03-14-2013, 03:49 PM
Vikings sign Matt Cassel to backup Ponder:
Vikings agreed to terms with QB Matt Cassel on a multi-year contract.

Colts sign DT Jean-Francois:
Colts signed DT Ricky Jean-Francois, formerly of the 49ers, to a four-year, $22 million contract.

Ponder (http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/258043/vikings-sign-matt-cassel-to-back-up-ponder)

Jean-Francois (http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/258040/jean-francois-gets-4-years-$22m-from-indy)

djohn2oo8
03-14-2013, 03:57 PM
ttwentyman: RT “@PPSsportsMGMT: #Lions Free Agent Safety Louis Delmas just signed by the #49ers”

thunderkyss
03-14-2013, 04:03 PM
Vikings sign Matt Cassel to backup Ponder:

That makes sense to me. Good job Vikings.

JCTexan
03-14-2013, 04:10 PM
Chiefs get Sean Smith at 3 years, $18 Million:

Chiefs agreed to terms with CB Sean Smith, formerly of the Dolphins, on a three-year, $18 million contract with $11 million guaranteed.

Link (http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/258027/chiefs-land-cb-sean-smith-for-3-years-$18m)

ASidd_1990
03-14-2013, 04:20 PM
Holy Crap, the Falcons sign Steven Jackson!

JCTexan
03-14-2013, 04:20 PM
Falcons get Steven Jackson:

Falcons agreed to terms with RB Steven Jackson, formerly of the Rams, on a three-year contract.

Link (http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/258054/falcons-land-markets-top-rb-steven-jackson)

JCTexan
03-14-2013, 04:28 PM
Eagles sign CB Cary Williams and FS Kenny Phillips:

Eagles signed CB Cary Williams, formerly of the Ravens, to a three-year, $17 million contract.

Eagles agreed to terms with FS Kenny Phillips, formerly of the Giants, on a one-year deal.

Link (http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/258052/eagles-add-williams-phillips-to-secondary)

JCTexan
03-14-2013, 04:33 PM
Keenan Lewis signs with NO:

Saints signed CB Keenan Lewis to a five-year, $26 million contract with $11 million guaranteed.

Link (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5336/keenan-lewis)

jukhan
03-14-2013, 05:26 PM
Holy Crap, the Falcons sign Steven Jackson!

I'm really happy for Steven Jackson. he's been stuck on the crappy rams his whole career, now he's finally on a "good' team.

ASidd_1990
03-14-2013, 05:40 PM
TIFWIW Speculation that an AFC rival has put together a package that trumps the Bucs for Darrelle Revis.

That AFC team is Patriots.

GP
03-14-2013, 07:05 PM
I think it's a little more fluid than that. More, "If this happens, then we'll do that." kind of thing.

I remember an interview with Vance Joseph before the combine & he said we'd like to keep all our players, but his role in the FA/Draft period is to find replacements for them.

Yeah, Wade Phillips said today that Barwin is a great person, player, leader, solver of world poverty and inventor of the cure for AIDS...but really, that's just coach speak for "There's no way we'd pay THAT guy what other teams want to, not for what he produced for us in 2012."

Know what I mean? Sometimes you have to understand that so much of what these coaches say is just coach-speak...it's being courteous. What else is Vance Joseph going to say, "You know what, these guys better produce or we cut their ass ASAP. Gone. Buh-bye. No scrubs. Know what I mean, Jack?" Of course not.

We kicked Winston to the curb like he was infected with Bieber fever, no warning...no goodbye....just released in a snap. We've heard zero about Quin, zero about Casey, and a couple of nuggets of syrup from Wade about Barwin today. What does that tell you? That when you leave us, you're NOT us. Not anymore. Business code of ethics for the Texans has become to say nothing of the ones you let walk and say nothing but high praise of who you want to sign. Focus is upon the NOW. And I sort of like it that way. Move on, go on, and leave the past players in the past and let them go be with their new team so we can talk about our new guys coming in. I think that's good strategy.

thunderkyss
03-14-2013, 08:47 PM
Sometimes you have to understand that so much of what these coaches say is just coach-speak...it's being courteous. What else is Vance Joseph going to say, "You know what, these guys better produce or we cut their ass ASAP. Gone. Buh-bye. No scrubs. Know what I mean, Jack?" Of course not.

uh... yeah. The important part of my Vance Joseph paraphrase was that he said his role in Free Agency is to find replacements for the guys we might lose. They have no say in making offers to our FAs or in the negotiating. The coaches are instead working with the scouts to find players that will fit with what we're trying to do.

ASidd_1990
03-15-2013, 02:15 PM
Damn feel sorry for Rams fans. Jake Long was in St. Lous for 3 days getting wined and dined but left today without signing a contract.

Haha. No wonder Texans fans were getting a little antsy.

Don't worry, unlike Long, Ed Reed is here to stay.

JCTexan
03-15-2013, 02:19 PM
Danny Woodhead signs with SD:

Chargers agreed to terms with RB Danny Woodhead, formerly of the Patriots, on a two-year contract.

Link (http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/258140/woodhead-bolts-pats-for-bolts-on-2-year-deal)

Playoffs
03-15-2013, 03:35 PM
Elvis Dumervil agreed to salary reduction, smartly. Remains in Denver.

thunderkyss
03-15-2013, 03:57 PM

I'm looking for a puppy to kick

!!!!grrrr!!!!

Dutchrudder
03-15-2013, 04:14 PM
WHOA!

whut RT @MikeKlis Hold on, contract not filed in time. Elvis Dumervil has been officially released

There's a chance we could get Elvis! Maybe! Kinda sorta!

HOU-TEX
03-15-2013, 04:17 PM
WHOA!

whut RT @MikeKlis Hold on, contract not filed in time. Elvis Dumervil has been officially released

http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz313/t2bf/t2bf01/daffy-duck-being-naughty.gif

Say Watt
03-15-2013, 04:18 PM
WHOA!

I'd totally recant on all of my rants about not getting Ed Reed if we can find a way to get Elvis. Would love him on this team.

Dutchrudder
03-15-2013, 04:20 PM
I'd totally recant on all of my rants about not getting Ed Reed if we can find a way to get Elvis. Would love him on this team.

Elvis would have a much great impact on this team than Ed Reed. He's the kind of OLB bookend you want for several years, not just a one year stopgap. He would cost a bit, but we'll see what happens. It's probable that he just signs a new deal with the Broncos for what they had agreed to before missing the filing deadline. However, if he sees what Paul Kruger got, he may go for a deal like that. He could definitely garner more money than Kruger.

The1ApplePie
03-15-2013, 04:21 PM
WHOA!

Sounds like a paperwork error.

Somebody is getting canned over that.

HOU-TEX
03-15-2013, 04:22 PM
Too late with signature

Mike Klis‏@MikeKlis
Broncos didn't get fax with Elvis Dumervil signature on contract until 2:07 p.m. -- 7 minutes and 1 second past the deadline!

Jeff Darlington‏@JeffDarlington
Team hadn't received signed contract via fax at 1:59 p.m. If Broncos didn't waive Elvis, they had to pay original $12 million, source says.

Dutchrudder
03-15-2013, 04:26 PM
Well, Forsett's gone:

@JohnOehser
#Jaguars have agreed to terms with RB Justin Forsett

Dutchrudder
03-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Too late with signature

Sounds like a paperwork error.

Somebody is getting canned over that.

I think this says it all:

If Broncos didn't waive Elvis, they had to pay original $12 million, source says.

He didn't want to take the paycut, that's for sure. If the agent is "late" on filing that paperwork, Elvis gets his 12m guaranteed. Seems more like an intentional issue to me. He had a lot to gain if the Broncos slept on that deal.

Nawzer
03-15-2013, 04:30 PM
Well, Forsett's gone:

@JohnOehser
#Jaguars have agreed to terms with RB Justin Forsett

This one might hurt later on down the road. He was a good change of pace back. Another hole for the Texans to fill.

HOU-TEX
03-15-2013, 04:31 PM
I think this says it all:

If Broncos didn't waive Elvis, they had to pay original $12 million, source says.

He didn't want to take the paycut, that's for sure. If the agent is "late" on filing that paperwork, Elvis gets his 12m guaranteed. Seems more like an intentional issue to me. He had a lot to gain if the Broncos slept on that deal.

I kinda suspected that as well. Like, hmm, what a coincidence

ASidd_1990
03-15-2013, 04:34 PM
LMAO has that ever happened before? An agent not filing paperwork in time?

Same thing happened in the NBA with Anthony Carter a while back haha.

Playoffs
Mike Klis‏@MikeKlis
Broncos didn't get fax with Elvis Dumervil signature on contract until 2:07 p.m. -- 7 minutes and 1 second past the deadline!
Quote:
Jeff Darlington‏@JeffDarlington
Team hadn't received signed contract via fax at 1:59 p.m. If Broncos didn't waive Elvis, they had to pay original $12 million, source says.

Cool! Controversy. :ahhaha:

TexCanada
Do the Broncos take a cap hit for cutting him? If they do, it would make them less likely to want to sign him for the deal they had agreed on due to cap implications.

Dutchrudder
03-15-2013, 04:37 PM
Do the Broncos take a cap hit for cutting him? If they do, it would make them less likely to want to sign him for the deal they had agreed on due to cap implications.

Yeah, that's what they are saying:

@walterfootball
"@greggrosenthal Dumervil release creates $4.87M in dead money per @MaseDenver" Ouch. Will be tough to re-sign him

@evansilva
Costly error. RT @adbrandt Dumervil, if cut, will not be resigned, makes no sense. Team will take a big hit on dead money upon release.

76Texan
03-15-2013, 04:38 PM
Wow!

HOU-TEX
03-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Yeah, that's what they are saying:

@walterfootball
"@greggrosenthal Dumervil release creates $4.87M in dead money per @MaseDenver" Ouch. Will be tough to re-sign him

@evansilva
Costly error. RT @adbrandt Dumervil, if cut, will not be resigned, makes no sense. Team will take a big hit on dead money upon release.

Ha, I bet Elway's rip-snortin pissed off.

76Texan
03-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Elway!:wadepalm:

Dutchrudder
03-15-2013, 04:44 PM
Elway!:wadepalm:

It's not Elway's fault, the agent didn't return the signed fax in time for submission. Actually it was smart of Elway to release him 1 minute before the deadline because he protected the team. Take the 4m cap hit instead of committing 12m guaranteed.

Elvis will find a new team where he can be the main man in the pass rush. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he left to avoid fighting with Von over sacks. In any case, if he ends up anywhere but the Patriots, it's good for the Texans. Weakening the Broncos is good for us :D

ASidd_1990
03-15-2013, 04:46 PM
Do the Texans have enough capspace to sign Dumervil?

I would suspect we are still twirling our thumbs waiting on Ed Reed fiasco to end.

76Texan
03-15-2013, 04:46 PM
It's not Elway's fault, the agent didn't return the signed fax in time for submission. Actually it was smart of Elway to release him 1 minute before the deadline because he protected the team. Take the 4m cap hit instead of committing 12m guaranteed.

Elvis will find a new team where he can be the main man in the pass rush. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he left to avoid fighting with Von over sacks. In any case, if he ends up anywhere but the Patriots, it's good for the Texans. Weakening the Broncos is good for us :D

It doesn't matter.
Elway still looks incompetent, doesn't he?

Dutchrudder
03-15-2013, 04:50 PM
It doesn't matter.

How does he look incompetent? They agreed to a salary reduction around 1:30 and didn't get the signed contract back from the agent before 1:59. He can't force the guy to send them the contract or make up a fictitious one. It was either take the paycut or get cut. Dumerville's agent is the one at fault here, though it might have been intentional in an attempt to get that 12m guarantee to kick in at 2pm.

HOU-TEX
03-15-2013, 04:51 PM
It doesn't matter.

No. They would've taken a cap hit either way. Now, they're off the hook of guaranteeing a 12m salary.

No way Dumerville can get 8 mill in this market now. So really, Dumerville and co. should look incompetent

HOU-TEX
03-15-2013, 04:54 PM
Alan Ball going to the hags too

Tania Ganguli‏@taniaganguli
Another former #Texan heads to Jacksonville RT @johnoehser: #Jaguars have agreed to terms with DB Alan Ball

Dutchrudder
03-15-2013, 04:56 PM
No. They would've taken a cap hit either way. Now, they're off the hook of guaranteeing a 12m salary.

No way Dumerville can get 8 mill in this market now. So really, Dumerville and co. should look incompetent

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him get 5 years 40 million with a 10-12m signing bonus. He will get paid if he goes elsewhere, there are a lot of teams with capspace that need pass rushers. The Colts, Browns, Jags, Packers, Vikes, Bengals all have plenty of space left. Several of those teams could really use a pass rusher. Elvis can play 43 DE or 34 OLB, so I think he will have a good market.

76Texan
03-15-2013, 04:56 PM

They were supposed to get the salary reduced to $8M; now they don't have a pass rusher.

I would have my guy at the agent's office to get the signature and not wait for a fax.

GP
03-15-2013, 05:01 PM
Pardon me, but did this error happen because the agent didn't file in time or because Broncos didn't file in time?

TexCanada
03-15-2013, 05:04 PM
Pardon me, but did this error happen because the agent didn't file in time or because Broncos didn't file in time?

If I'm not mistaken, I think the Broncos couldn't file in time because the agent didn't get the paperwork to them in time.

Dutchrudder
03-15-2013, 05:06 PM

All the reports are saying it's because the agent didn't fax the signed contract to the team in time for them to send it to the league office. It's on the agent and Elvis. Elway made the tough call to release him to protect the team, great move on his part.

76Texan
03-15-2013, 05:16 PM
All the reports are saying it's because the agent didn't fax the signed contract to the team in time for them to send it to the league office. It's on the agent and Elvis. Elway made the tough call to release him to protect the team, great move on his part.

Great move? I think I will have to disagree. They had to cut the loss; that's all they did.

A great move would have been to get all the paperwork to the league office on time. All he had to do is to have one of his guys there to get the signature and do the faxing instead of relying on the agent.

It was an honest mistake, but they still lost nearly $5M in cap space for nothing but wasted time and agony.

GP
03-15-2013, 05:17 PM

Curious timing, isn't it?

Ed Reed leaves without contract...Elvis' agent misses a deadline...since when does an agent commit that level of error, with that level of client?

We had a house on market, guy puts contract on it after we agreed to lower our price by $4,000. His contract, though, contained 24 items for us to repair. Ouch for us! That same day, a surprise buyer offers us FULL PRICE, in cash, says he doesn't want anything fixed, and he'll pay all fees. We played it cool, had our agent tell the a-hole buyer that we would not fix not even the cheapest, easiest item on his list.

That buyer was so insulted, he did not convert his contract into full purchase. He withdrew. We made out like bandits at the expense of his arrogance/pride.

So, this is a long shot explanation as to why maybe the contract wasn't sent in time. A clerical error looks better than a player and agent giving big middle finger to Elway and the Cult he's got going on in Denver now.

Meanwhile, Wade and Rick get buzz of the chances of getting a damn fine LINEBACKER (Bye, Carwin, hello Elvis!) so we stick to our guns in Ed, knowing Ed and his advisors will stumble over small issues just like my first buyer did.

That's be giving wayyyyy much credit to the savvy nature that Rick has been warning here (or being disdained for?) but hey, in the land of NFL free agency, what exactly IS real and what's spin???

GP
03-15-2013, 05:19 PM
If I'm not mistaken, I think the Broncos couldn't file in time because the agent didn't get the paperwork to them in time.

Tell me, what agent fails to get a contract to a team "in time"?

One who might be getting word of other opportunities. Just cannot see how an agent could let that happen in real life.

Unless his agent is a family member?

Dutchrudder
03-15-2013, 05:24 PM
Great move? I think I will have to disagree. They had to cut the loss; that's all they did.

A great move would have been to get all the paperwork to the league office on time. All he had to do is to have one of his guys there to get the signature and do the faxing instead of relying on the agent.

It was an honest mistake, but they still lost nearly $5M in cap space for nothing but wasted time and agony.

I don't agree with that at all right now. It may come out that it was a mistake, but I seriously doubt it. They had 30 minutes to get the contract signed and sent back to the office. It took them 37 minutes. That just doesn't sound right to me. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him sign a deal with another team in the next day or two with at least 10+ million in 2013 salary + total signing bonus. He's a big name and has a great resume. If Barwin can get 6 a year, Dumerville can get 8 or more easy.

I'm with GP on this, I just don't think that other team the agent was talking to is the Texans.

76Texan
03-15-2013, 05:34 PM
I don't agree with that at all right now. It may come out that it was a mistake, but I seriously doubt it. They had 30 minutes to get the contract signed and sent back to the office. It took them 37 minutes. That just doesn't sound right to me. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him sign a deal with another team in the next day or two with at least 10+ million in 2013 salary + total signing bonus. He's a big name and has a great resume. If Barwin can get 6 a year, Dumerville can get 8 or more easy.

I'm with GP on this, I just don't think that other team the agent was talking to is the Texans.

I know I know (about Dumervil's part.)

What I also know is that I have been in similar situation like Elway's and I didn't count on somebody else to get the proper paperwork filed to my advantage.

GP
03-15-2013, 06:21 PM

Agree. I was posting on my phone so didn't clarify that it could be any number of teams, not just Texans.

But I did say that it would be giving way too much Pimp Cred to Rick Smith to say this was all happening via a Rick and Wade strategy.

I'd pay $8 mill-per for Elvis, restructure our guys to make it fit. He's a LB and we're in need of that as much as a Safety.....though a good Safety might be the better investment due to budget issues.

ASidd_1990
03-15-2013, 07:44 PM
Greg Jennings reached agreement with...the Vikings.

Vikings are giving Greg Jennings a five-year deal.

Going from Aaron Rodgers to Christian Ponder is like going from banging Mila Kunis to banging Roseanne Barr LMAO!!

thunderkyss
03-15-2013, 08:25 PM

What I heard, was the contract had to be signed by 4pm today (yesterday, whatever). Looks like the agent was screwing around & trying to force the Broncos to pay them $12M.

Elway wasn't going to get played & did what he had to do. It didn't matter when the paperwork got to the league office, but a signed fax time stamped 4:04pm pretty much screws the deal.

Our GM didn't balk at paying Mario (who I love) more than 12M/yr not only once, but twice & the guy still walked.

I don't know how you can say Elway has egg on his face for this one. Not in present company anyway.

badboy
03-15-2013, 08:59 PM
We might be entering an era of NFL where the outrageous contracts for even the best free agent candidates come to a screeching halt.

Is this the beginning of RESTRAINT in terms of spending?

At some point, even the few teams that right now have gobs of cap space are going to eat up that cap space and find themselves in our position within a few seasons. Everyone will eventually be forced to restrain from spending.

This is going to be very interesting. Plus, IIRC, from what dutchrudder has been saying, this is the first year that teams have a MINIMUM threshold they have to meet in terms of cap spending. You can't just roll over savings, you now have to pay a certain amount to players--a certain overall percentage.

So a lot of these free agents might not fit anywhere BUT those less-talented cellar dwellers who are required to spend a minimum amount to meet the new rules.

:popcorn:yeah you may remember me mentioning right after the new CBA was sign that huge contracts for FAs were on way out after this off season. We may have a team or two that dumps players after a SB run but for the most part NFL has put brakes on ridiculous contracts.

JCTexan
03-15-2013, 09:50 PM
Greg Jennings signed for 5 years, $47.5 Million:

Vikings agreed to terms with Greg Jennings on a five-year, $47.5 million contract, including $18 million guaranteed.

Link (http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/258180/vikes-do-5-year-$48m-deal-with-greg-jennings)

JCTexan
03-15-2013, 10:17 PM
Adrian Wilson signs with Patriots:

Patriots agreed to terms with SS Adrian Wilson, formerly of the Cardinals, on a three-year contract.

Link (http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/258181/patriots-nab-ss-adrian-wilson-on-3-year-deal)

powda
03-15-2013, 10:30 PM
Good safety. Curious no one here ever mentioned him for the texans.

badboy
03-15-2013, 10:36 PM
Looks like Texans need to have an excellent draft. Lot of second rounder I like that can fill needs. Trade doown from #27 and up again into second.

76Texan
03-15-2013, 11:28 PM
What I heard, was the contract had to be signed by 4pm today (yesterday, whatever). Looks like the agent was screwing around & trying to force the Broncos to pay them $12M.

Elway wasn't going to get played & did what he had to do. It didn't matter when the paperwork got to the league office, but a signed fax time stamped 4:04pm pretty much screws the deal.

Our GM didn't balk at paying Mario (who I love) more than 12M/yr not only once, but twice & the guy still walked.

I don't know how you can say Elway has egg on his face for this one. Not in present company anyway.
What we know:

1. It was not an ultimatum since there were some changes back and forth in the contract language.

2. The Broncos wanted to cut $4M of the total contract (3 years left), but with all the cuts in the first year.

3. The Dumervill camp agreed with the first year cut, but asked for an addl' 500K in the second year, and an amount of $3.5M to be guaranteed.

4. This next part is from the agent; he claimed that the Broncos agreed orally, but then changed the language in the contract to read "$3.5M guaranteed only in case of injury" (meaning the team can cut him to avoid the guarantee portion.) The Broncos so far has not refuted this claim.

Why not push for a deal sooner during the week?
Why not set a deadline for yesterday?

Why add the injury clause into the contract?
It looks like bad faith negotiation.
Kevin Walter for example, agreed to take a paycut in 2012 in hope to stay with the Texans long-term. His agent didn't ask for anything.
Walter got cut this year.

In case of Dumervil, I think the agent did right by informing Dumervil of the situation. It takes time for Dumervil to think about the implication.
Basically, the Broncos didn't help that matter.

Who knows what the real intention of each party is.

What we know that in legal matters when there are negotiations involved and changes to be made back and forth, it's best to set a clear deadline way ahead of time to be sure that everything is transparent (good faith negotiation.) The Broncos organization has their own lawyers. They should know the matter.

By failing to do it sooner, IMO, the Broncos didn't do anybody a favor.

It's quite unclear to me what their real strategy was.
But the bottom line is they didn't achieve the results they desired.
==>> FAIL

thunderkyss
03-16-2013, 12:43 AM
What we know:

Elway knew that it didn't make sense to take a $12M cap hit for a DE, when his team could use some new faces.

At the end of the day, the Broncos have more cap space to help their team get past the divisional round. They'll have to deal with a predictable reduction from a pass rush standpoint, but they were already prepared to do that.

PapaL
03-16-2013, 01:12 AM
Who sits around waiting for a fax?!? It's 2013 and they're talking MILLIONS. Do they not have scanners?!?

Playoffs
03-17-2013, 09:36 PM
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
Of @Rotoworld's original Top 100 Free Agents, only 9 have re-signed with old team. 51 signed elsewhere. 1 retired. 39 still available.

Wolf6151
03-18-2013, 02:24 AM
Anyone hear rumors about Nnamdi Asomugha? Is he visiting any teams, any offers out there to him yet?

Playoffs
03-18-2013, 11:22 AM
OT Jake Long agreed to terms with Rams

Playoffs
03-18-2013, 12:28 PM
Ranking the top-50 #NFL free agents: (http://sulia.com/channel/philadelphia-eagles/f/1292c99d-4c47-48f1-95d0-2d967a3e38d5/)
Here's how [Adam Caplan] ranks the top-50 NFL free agents (franchise players not included):

Victor Cruz/WR (RFA)
Elvis Dumervil/DE-OLB
Andre Smith/RT
Sebastian Vollmer/RT
Brent Grimes/CB
Karlos Dansby/ILB
Dwight Freeney/DE
John Abraham/DE
Stevie Brown/S (RFA)
Ed Reed/FS
Dawan Landry/S
DeAngelo Hall/CB
Ahmad Bradshaw/RB
D.J. Williams/WLB
Brandon Lloyd/WR
Fred Davis/TE
Eric Winston/RT
Bryant McKinnie/LT
Emmanuel Sanders/WR (RFA)
Dennis Pitta/TE (RFA)
Kevin Kolb/QB
Osi Umenyiora/DE
Sione Pou'ha/DT
Ryan Fitzpatrick/QB
Antoine Winfield/CB
Nnamdi Asomugha/CB
James Anderson/OLB
Shane Lechler/P
Charles Woodson/S
Alan Branch/DT
Jammal Brown/RT
Winston Justice/RT
Brandon Moore/G
Lance Louis/G
Ben Watson/TE
Shaun Phillips/OLB
James Harrison/OLB
Kyle Vanden Bosch/DE
Justin Durant/OLB
Tom Zbikowski/S
Darryl Smith/OLB
Michael Huff/FS
Kerry Rhodes/FS
Brian Urlacher/MLB
Michael Turner/RB
Quentin Jammer/CB
Gerald Sensabaugh/S
Quintin Mikell/S
Danario Alexander/WR (RFA)

djohn2oo8
03-18-2013, 04:58 PM
Titans cut Matt Hasselbeck

76Texan
03-18-2013, 05:18 PM
Anyone hear rumors about Nnamdi Asomugha? Is he visiting any teams, any offers out there to him yet?

New Orleans

76Texan
03-19-2013, 01:27 PM
Titans cut Matt Hasselbeck

Didn't take long for him to sign with the Colts.
We might get to face him yet.

ASidd_1990
03-19-2013, 03:50 PM
Giants re-signed David Carr.

How this guy keeps collecting a paycheck is beyond me.

:kubepalm:

hookinreds
03-20-2013, 03:27 PM
@AdamSchefter
Former Chiefs/Texans OT Eric Winston is visiting Dolphins today. Deal could happen. Eagles, Pats, Chargers, Cowboys also interested.

El Tejano
03-21-2013, 10:27 AM
What does anyone think about Early Doucette being released? Is he a legit #2?

djohn2oo8
03-21-2013, 10:50 AM
Pollard signs with Titans.

Dutchrudder
03-21-2013, 10:55 AM

That's pretty much the last place I wanted him to sign. Maybe we should sit Schaub for those two games...

thunderkyss
03-21-2013, 10:57 AM
That's pretty much the last place I wanted him to sign. Maybe we should sit Schaub for those two games...

Schaub's a big boy, making big boy money.

ChampionTexan
03-21-2013, 10:58 AM

So does this mean we're not getting Winston? :kitten:

cuppacoffee
03-21-2013, 06:38 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/tennessee-titans-bernard-pollard-one-year-deal-032113

:coffee:

PapaL
03-21-2013, 07:11 PM
Get him out of the box and in coverage.

Nawzer
03-24-2013, 04:56 PM
Dumervill to the Ravens per official Ravens tweet.

HOU-TEX
03-25-2013, 12:57 PM
Another Texan joining the eagles

Adam Caplan‏@caplannfl44s
Eagles announced the signing of P Donnie Jones. Mat McBriar, who had a $50 K roster bonus due after 4:00 PM ET, was released.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 01:06 PM
Another Texan joining the eagles

We should trade Schaub to them at a premium, LOL!

Brisco_County
03-25-2013, 01:15 PM
Via The Red Zone:

Eric Winston wants to play in Miami, but Dolphins aren’t biting

On the surface, Eric Winston seems like a perfect fit for the Dolphins, Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post reports.

And to take it a step further, his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said on WSVN Channel 7 last night that Winston wants to be here.

“Eric would really like to play for the Miami Dolphins,” Rosenhaus said. “What a terrific fit.”

And yet here we are, two weeks into free agency, and Winston is still available, and the Dolphins still don’t have a right tackle.

“It’s a fluid situation,” Rosenhaus said. “I can’t really get into a lot of the details as far as the Dolphins. I don’t want to speak for them.”

Without knowing exactly what’s going in the discussions between Winston and the Dolphins, when an agent publicly says that a player is interested in playing for a team, it usually means that the team’s interest level isn’t too high.

Winston will be 30 in November, after all, and has been cut after the last two seasons (by Houston after 2011, by Kansas City after 2012). And based on Rosenhaus’ comments, it doesn’t appear that money is the issue.

A deal definitely can still be consummated by the two sides, but if the Dolphins REALLY wanted Winston, they probably would’ve made it happen by now.

But the Dolphins don’t have many options left if they want to find a veteran tackle in free agency.

Link. (http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/33914/Eric-Winston-wants-to-play-in-Miami--but-Dolphins-aren-t-biting/Default.aspx)

Every time I think to myself, "Wouldn't it be cool if Eric decided to take a pay cut and visit Houston," I then remind myself who his agent is.

b0ng
03-25-2013, 01:17 PM
Via The Red Zone:

Link. (http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/33914/Eric-Winston-wants-to-play-in-Miami--but-Dolphins-aren-t-biting/Default.aspx)

Every time I think to myself, "Wouldn't it be cool if Eric decided to take a pay cut and visit Houston," I then remind myself who his agent is.

Somebody on a Dolphins board said that he wanted $6m - $7m a year. If that's true then Eric Winston has lost his marbles. All of the marbles.

76Texan
03-25-2013, 01:36 PM
Somebody on a Dolphins board said that he wanted $6m - $7m a year. If that's true then Eric Winston has lost his marbles. All of the marbles.

You're cranking out all sort of jokes today, b0ng, LOL!

thunderkyss
03-25-2013, 07:36 PM
Via The Red Zone:

I'd bring him in for an interview. However, if he's talking to me about his strengths, he'll leave without an offer. If we can have a conversation about why his game has plateaued, then we'll start negotiating. I think Eric believes himself to be elite. Soon, he's going to have to realize he's the only one.

honored82
03-26-2013, 01:16 AM
The Philadelphia Eagles have found their new punter.

The Eagles announced Monday that Donnie Jones has agreed to terms on a one-year contract. The nine-year NFL veteran replaces Mat McBriar.

Jones spent last season with the Houston Texans, for whom he averaged 47.2 yards per kick with a net of 40.5. He ranks fifth in NFL history in gross (45.6) and net punting average (39.0), and is a two-time All-Pro selection.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000153304/article/donnie-jones-philadelphia-eagles-agree-to-contract

Was Donnie Jones a Free agent ? Does that mean we get another Compensatory Draft pic next season :)

Edit : Never mind , just read somewhere that he was cut.

http://torotimes.com/2013/03/24/a-look-ahead-at-the-houston-texans-remaining-free-agents/

deucetx
03-27-2013, 12:56 PM
Looks like the Ravens grabbed Michael Huff to fill the void at safety per Adam Schefter for 3 years $6 million.

HoustonFrog
03-27-2013, 01:08 PM
Looks like the Ravens grabbed Michael Huff to fill the void at safety per Adam Schefter for 3 years $6 million.

Good deal for them. After all their losses they have started to climb back and add pieces. They are smart. They try and dictate what happens vs making rash moves due to early market.

Wolf
03-28-2013, 06:07 AM
Osi went to the falcons

texan279
03-31-2013, 10:07 AM
Brent Grimes signs one year deal with Dolphins.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Brent-Grimes-signs-with-Dolphins-033013

Dutchrudder
04-01-2013, 04:59 PM
Colt McCoy traded to the 49ers.

e knew that Colt McCoy did not have a future with the Cleveland Browns. We just didn't know whether the Browns could find a team willing to give up something for him.

It appears the San Francisco 49ers have given us an answer.

The Browns traded McCoy to the 49ers on Monday in exchange for a late-round draft pick, according to multiple reports. The 49ers have a lot of extra draft picks this year, and we would be surprised if they gave up anything but a late-round selection for McCoy (it might even be a conditional pick).

McCoy immediately steps in as the favorite to backup Colin Kaepernick in 2013, although he'll have to compete with incumbent Scott Tolzien. The news comes on the same day that the Seattle Seahawks dealt quarterback Matt Flynn to the Oakland Raiders, with Carson Palmer expected to be shipped off to the Arizona Cardinals soon.

In McCoy, the 49ers gets a young backup with 21 games of starting experience. The Texas product looked promising as a rookie, averaging 7.1 yards-per-attempt. In theory, he has the mobility to run whatever coach Jim Harbaugh wants in case of emergency.

McCoy certainly landed in the right spot to rehabilitate his career. Former Niners quarterback Alex Smith would agree.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000156406/article/colt-mccoy-reportedly-traded-to-san-francisco-49ers

HOU-TEX
04-02-2013, 03:06 PM
From Pancakes

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 1h
Texans G Antoine Caldwell is visiting the Steelers.

Dutchrudder
04-02-2013, 03:50 PM
From Pancakes

Good, he can go be injured somewhere else and maybe we will get a comp pick in return for it.

HOU-TEX
04-02-2013, 04:27 PM
Gocong's coming off an Achilles injury, but he'd be a decent ILB next to Cush at a good price. If healthy, of course

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Browns released linebacker Chris Gocong and safety Usama Young, signed kicker Brandon Bogotay

Dutchrudder
04-02-2013, 06:11 PM
dam SchefterVerified account
‏@AdamSchefter
One-year deal between 49ers and CB Nnamdi Asomugha is worth up to $3 million.

Wow...

HoustonFrog
04-02-2013, 10:43 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=9126676

SAN FRANCISCO -- Free agent cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha reached agreement on a one-year contract with the San Francisco 49ers on Tuesday that could pay him as much as $3 million this year.

IDEXAN
04-02-2013, 10:51 PM
The rich get richer.

Corrosion
04-02-2013, 10:51 PM
I have to say , based off of last years performance and this years FA / trades , the 9ers have to be a serious frontrunner to return to the superbowl (and win it).

Playoffs
04-02-2013, 11:51 PM
Nnamdi Asomugha ...one-year contract ...as much as $3 million this...

Wow. He sure didn't sign for the money. What a pay cut.

thunderkyss
04-03-2013, 03:25 PM
Wow. He sure didn't sign for the money. What a pay cut.

If it's a one year deal, he's pretty much saying his "fall from grace" was due to the system he was put in, or the situation, or the team, or whatever. This year gives him the opportunity to show us that he's worth much more. He'll be a FA next season & probably hopes to get a long term deal for more than $3M/yr

srrono
04-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 3m

The Ravens cut Brendon Ayanbadejo, according to a league source

I dont know if he is a posibility here 36 yrs old as of today. I dont know if he played well last year or not.

From Ravens message board

Definitely something that was expected if true. He didn't play well last year and I'm sure he'd like to focus more on his political movement. It was nice having him but it's time to move on. (http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/52323-brendon-ayanbadejo-released/)

bobbeaux
04-05-2013, 11:26 PM
I dont know if he is a posibility here 36 yrs old as of today. I dont know if he played well last year or not.

From Ravens message board

strong special teamer

srrono
04-08-2013, 05:55 PM
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 2m
Lions terminated contract of wr brian robiskie

Dutchrudder
04-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Browns trade Acho to the Eagles for a RB I've never heard of.

The Browns have traded 2012 sixth-round linebacker Emmanuel Acho to the Eagles for reserve running back Dion Lewis, a league source confirmed for the Plain Dealer.
Acho, the 204th overall pick last year out of Texas, spent all of last year on injured reserve with a leg injury.
Lewis (5-7, 193) was a fifth-round pick of the Eagles in 2011 out of Pittsburgh. In two seasons, he's appeared in 24 games, rushing for 171 yards on 36 carries (4.8 average) and two touchdowns.

steelbtexan
04-11-2013, 12:36 PM
I do not want clubhouse lawyer Ayanbadejo anywhere near the Texans.

HoustonFrog
04-11-2013, 12:56 PM
Good deal to keep a guy who fits the system and play ST.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 23m

Pats WR Julian Edelman's one-year deal is worth only $765,000, with no guaranteed money, per league source.

GP
04-11-2013, 04:22 PM
I do not want clubhouse lawyer Ayanbadejo anywhere near the Texans.

Agreed.

AngryNateFTW
08-26-2013, 10:41 AM
Bills cut Da'Rick Rogers.

TexansFTW
08-26-2013, 11:14 AM
Bills cut Da'Rick Rogers.

I want this guy in a Texans uniform, especially w/ DeAndre concussion concerns.

Kolb potentially ending his career on the knee to the head really scares me right now.

With that said, there is a great chance Da'Rick might be a roster spot waste especially since we need to be at 53 by Saturday.

badboy
08-26-2013, 11:23 AM
Bills cut Da'Rick Rogers.I am stunned. I really liked this guy, any hint it was anything due to "behavioral issues?" I researched him in depth and he did have pot issues and did disagree with coaches at Tennessee. Wow, just wow.

Found this: Although Rogers demonstrated big-time talent on college tape -- he was a stud in the SEC as a sophomore before getting kicked out of Tennessee -- he didn't show well in Bills minicamp, OTAs, or training camp and was running with the fourth-team offense in preseason games. Because Rogers fell entirely out of the draft due to character concerns, he may very well go unclaimed on waivers. Aug 26 - 10:29 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8405/player

AngryNateFTW
08-26-2013, 11:46 AM
I am stunned. I really liked this guy, any hint it was anything due to "behavioral issues?" I researched him in depth and he did have pot issues and did disagree with coaches at Tennessee. Wow, just wow.

Found this: Although Rogers demonstrated big-time talent on college tape -- he was a stud in the SEC as a sophomore before getting kicked out of Tennessee -- he didn't show well in Bills minicamp, OTAs, or training camp and was running with the fourth-team offense in preseason games. Because Rogers fell entirely out of the draft due to character concerns, he may very well go unclaimed on waivers. Aug 26 - 10:29 AM

Was looking around a bit and it appears that they just couldn't get him on the field consistently because they had other WR's that they wanted to get time.

No point in having him if you can't find time to get him on the field, I guess.

Rey
08-26-2013, 12:04 PM
Tommy Streeter was cut too...

Playoffs
08-26-2013, 12:33 PM
... Because Rogers fell entirely out of the draft due to character concerns...How are you as a rookie UDFA just "not into camp"??? I read 'not a worker', 'gives up easily', 'pouts', 'can't or won't learn the playbook'.
As I followed camp and also talking to others that did as well it seemed Da’Rick just wasn’t into camp. Miscommunications, not knowing when to be on the field and simply not getting involved in the passing game as much as his teammates has pretty much kept him out of the conversation.

As preseason began Rogers I thought would finally be able to show what he could do but that wasn’t the case. Not getting involved basically at all and also having some mental lapse was exactly what he didn’t need. Lining up on the wrong side of the field and not competing until he heard a whistle will definitely be things he thinks about if the Bills decide to cut him...
said Marrone, ”other times he’s getting down a little bit or maybe feeling a little sorry for himself. Whatever it may be then you don’t see that consistency in him. Right now it’s a little bit up and down...

Marrone gave an example of how Rogers approach to the game might not be as structured and focused as that of some of the other rookie wideouts, ”... Da’Rick you’ve seen flashes of him being able to win, so it’s just a matter of consistency. When we came up here what we’ve talked with the players about is that mindset. Going out there every day and trying to win and handling adversity.”Maybe Da'Rick just wants to hang out with Dwight Jones (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1200291-texans-udfa-wr-dwight-jones-wont-be-next-andre-johnson-if-he-quits-team). I don't know, but Bills need WR help in a bad way & DR gets cut on first cutdown day.

The1ApplePie
08-26-2013, 12:49 PM
Joe McKnight cut by the Jets.

Seemed to be one of their few offensive players with any upside.

Playoffs
08-26-2013, 01:19 PM
CB Johnny Adams, RB Davin Meggett, OT Bruce Campbell(Al Davis pick), WR Dale Moss(76T), LB Alonzo Highsmith, Jr., LB Aaron Curry, DT Frank Okam, WR Braylon Edwards, WR Josh Cribbs,

Playoffs
08-27-2013, 10:07 AM
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Lions cut kicker Havard RuglandKickalicious.

Rey
08-27-2013, 10:33 AM
Joe McKnight cut by the Jets.

Seemed to be one of their few offensive players with any upside.

I haven't followed him really, but I'd bring McKnight in to compete for the 3rd RB spot. He can return kicks too.

Honoring Earl 34
08-27-2013, 10:49 AM
I am stunned. I really liked this guy, any hint it was anything due to "behavioral issues?" I researched him in depth and he did have pot issues and did disagree with coaches at Tennessee. Wow, just wow.

Everybody has talent in the NFL . It boils down to who really wants it and who is willing to settle .

The1ApplePie
08-27-2013, 03:02 PM
CB Johnny Adams, RB Davin Meggett, OT Bruce Campbell(Al Davis pick), WR Dale Moss(76T), LB Alonzo Highsmith, Jr., LB Aaron Curry, DT Frank Okam, WR Braylon Edwards, WR Josh Cribbs,

My God what a bust.:mariopalm: