PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh, I'm getting excited again

Tailgate
01-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Slowly but surely my mojo is starting to come back... I havent truly had it since the week leading up to the NE game weeks ago.

We at least made it as far as last year...despite losing Cushing, and despite all the changes we had to make this offseason to prepare for our long term stability as a team.

Maybe we just played too Vanilla last time? Maybe they will be rusty? Maybe Tom Brady comes down with mad cow disease prior to kickoff? Maybe it really is extremely difficult to beat a team twice in one year, let alone a playoff team. Maybe Foster absolutely goes OFF on them this time...

Who knows? ANYTHING can happen, and for whatever reason I am starting to get excited again. In 7 days, we just might be talking about playing for a spot in the Super Bowl. Whether likely or not, its why they play the game. Whats your attitude at the MO?

GO TEXANS!!! :fans:

Mr teX
01-07-2013, 11:04 AM
Lol, try to remain grounded enough so that a potential crash down to reality doesn't hurt you too much.....this is how i'm handling this week anyway.

GP
01-07-2013, 11:08 AM
Cautiously optimistic. That's my attitude.

We bring our A+ game, the Patriots commit some mistakes (and we don't), then we stand a chance.

But the Texans will have to play damn near perfect football for 4 quarters. That's not the standard for Kubiak's team, though, so I have my doubts it can happen on the road vs. the Patriots.

IF the Texans win, because let's face it...it's possible, it will be HUGE. We'll either be playing Peyton Manning in Denver or we'll be hosting the Ravens, which would just be e-p-i-c IMO.

Tailgate
01-07-2013, 11:14 AM

We bring our A+ game, the Patriots commit some mistakes (and we don't), then we stand a chance.

But the Texans will have to play damn near perfect football for 4 quarters. That's not the standard for Kubiak's team, though, so I have my doubts it can happen on the road vs. the Patriots.

IF the Texans win, because let's face it...it's possible, it will be HUGE. We'll either be playing Peyton Manning in Denver or we'll be hosting the Ravens, which would just be e-p-i-c IMO.

Just watch the Ravens upset the Broncos on Sat.... Setting up a chance to get homefield again. Lol... AND THENNN....

Hervoyel
It's true, whether you're in the "ready to crown them" club or the "burn Gary and Matt at the stake" mob it's that time of the week when you start thinking about the possibilities. One win and it's all better. Really. I mean that.

We've all heard that tired cliche about having nothing to lose and that fact making someone "a very dangerous man". Well what do the Texans even have to lose this week? I mean, if they go up to New England and get their collective asses beat by, I dunno say "42-14" What does that matter? That already happened so big friggin deal. What's the worst that can happen? At this point it's just a matter of going up there, relaxing, and taking your best shot.

A loss and everyone moves on. We come back at this problem again next year.

A win however, well that's uncharted territory. That's back on track time.

A Texans win combined with an equally unlikely Ravens win in Denver puts the AFC Championship game back in Houston. Sure it's a ridiculous scenario. Most likely impossible but what the hell. If you're gonna dream, dream big.

New England in January. Nobody wanted it but here it is. I don't know how much pressure there can possibly be on the Texans at this point so maybe this will work. They don't respond to pressure so how about zero expectation of success and a national media that thinks they're a punchline? They might just respond to that.

ajohnson80
I don't expect he Pats to make many mistakes. We need to get hits on Brady early and often, and Wade has to dial up some different coverages besides straight up man. Schaub needs to figure out how to throw a td again, and the offense can't turn it over. If all those things happen then call me crazy but I think we win. :fans:

Big Lou
01-07-2013, 11:15 AM

Thats my phrase of the week. That and tempered enthusiasm.

Speedy
01-07-2013, 11:47 AM
Just an FYI, in 2010, the Jets went to Foxboro in early December for Monday Night Football and got embarrassed 45-3. The Jets then went back to Foxboro in the division round, off a Pats bye, and beat them 28-21. And that was with Buttfumble at QB.

Anything can happen in this league.

TexanSam
01-07-2013, 11:50 AM
The weather isn't going to be miserable either, so that's a positive. In fact, according to the forecast the weather in Houston and Foxborough is going to be about the same. High 40s with a chance of rain on Sunday.

2012Champs
01-07-2013, 11:55 AM
The line is -9.5/-9 I actually think it will come down by gameday but we will see. Maybe being the underdog is better for this team than giving up points though. We lost our last 3 games of the seaons and there were sour notes all around but Saturday a number of things looked better than they had in some time. The D didnt give up a damn thing to speak of, no 3rd down conversions, the O line held up well, foster go into it. People having been crying too much inmo. Schaub threw the pick 6 which was bad but they guy is throwing 0.75 picks per game so lets hope he stays away from that in NE. Outside of that I have no problem with his performance, no deep balls but I dont see a reason to try to throw deep if its not there. We moved the ball well and just stalled as we always do in the red zone as this has been a problem for years. Lets build off of the fixes we made in this last game and move forward.

Hardcore Texan
01-07-2013, 11:57 AM
Schaub needs to take what the defense gives him. Last game there was plenty of yardage in chunks underneath and Schaub was trying to hit the big play I guess doing his best Tom Brady impression, I don't know. But if they can chew a lot of clock, have good red zone efficiency, and make a few key stops on defense it could be a close game.

2012Champs
01-07-2013, 12:00 PM
The line is -9.5/-9 I actually think it will come down by gameday but we will see. Maybe being the underdog is better for this team than giving up points though. We lost our last 3 games of the seaons and there were sour notes all around but Saturday a number of things looked better than they had in some time. The D didnt give up a damn thing to speak of, no 3rd down conversions, the O line held up well, foster go into it. People having been crying too much inmo. Schaub threw the pick 6 which was bad but they guy is throwing 0.75 picks per game so lets hope he stays away from that in NE. Outside of that I have no problem with his performance, no deep balls but I dont see a reason to try to throw deep if its not there. We moved the ball well and just stalled as we always do in the red zone as this has been a problem for years. Lets build off of the fixes we made in this last game and move forward.

Also of note looking at the last 3 games

82/142 57% completion 5 TD 4 Ints

Tom hasnt exactly been killing it. Its not impossible for him to struggle although I wouldnt plan on that

2012Champs
01-07-2013, 12:01 PM
Schaub needs to take what the defense gives him. Last game there was plenty of yardage in chunks underneath and Schaub was trying to hit the big play I guess doing his best Tom Brady impression, I don't know. But if they can chew a lot of clock, have good red zone efficiency, and make a few key stops on defense it could be a close game.

are you talking about the game Sat?

thunderkyss
01-07-2013, 12:52 PM
Slowly but surely my mojo is starting to come back... I havent truly had it since the week leading up to the NE game weeks ago.

If your excitement is so frail, why is it so hard to understand the ebb & flow of the teams "excitement" & "inspiration"?

CloakNNNdagger
01-07-2013, 01:01 PM

Under the circumstances, "Cautiously optimistic" is an excellent attitude to carry into this game. I share that with you. Rep coming your way.

deucetx
01-07-2013, 01:03 PM

Naw I think he's talking about when we played the Patriots last time and Schaub threw deep to Walter in the endzone who was covered pretty well. Meanwhile Arian Foster was open underneath with the entire field available in front of him.

Double Barrel
01-07-2013, 01:12 PM
Just an FYI, in 2010, the Jets went to Foxboro in early December for Monday Night Football and got embarrassed 45-3. The Jets then went back to Foxboro in the division round, off a Pats bye, and beat them 28-21. And that was with Buttfumble at QB.

Anything can happen in this league.

Awesome. I was just looking up that season to post the same thing.

We are certainly underdogs, but they still have to play the game. Otherwise, why would we watch it?

It would be a crazy upset, but it's not impossible. Improbable, yes. But definitely not impossible.

Playoffs
01-07-2013, 01:13 PM
Keeping it at a simmer for now. Don't want to lose your juice before the game.

http://www.dndservices.co.uk/smiley/coke%20and%20popcorn.gif

Tailgate
01-07-2013, 01:32 PM
If your excitement is so frail, why is it so hard to understand the ebb & flow of the teams "excitement" & "inspiration"?

Not sure what you mean?

Hardcore Texan
01-07-2013, 01:37 PM

Naw I think he's talking about when we played the Patriots last time and Schaub threw deep to Walter in the endzone who was covered pretty well. Meanwhile Arian Foster was open underneath with the entire field available in front of him.

What Deuce said. That play especially sticks out in my mind, there were a couple more as well, all early on and long before the score got out of hand.

fiasco west
01-07-2013, 01:47 PM

Yep. Did not forget that.

Had Matt just checked it to Foster it's likely he would have scored. Who knows what happens then.

Patriots are a great team, but some act like they can't be beat. As a football player once said that beat them...ANYBODY CAN BE BEAT!

We don't have to play perfect to do so, what team goes out there and plays perfect? That team is winning superbowls.

We just have to play our game, enforce our will on them, play disciplined. Not perfect, yeah it's going to take a lot of players playing great to beat them...

Buuuuuut they are going to have to play well to beat us as well. Hello, we are a 12-4 team that shouldn't be taken lightly. Texans, at least show the world that you are the 3rd best team in the AFC for a reason.

thunderkyss
01-07-2013, 01:48 PM
Not sure what you mean?

Not just you in particular. But our "job" as fans, is to root for our team, cheer for our team, to support our team. Some people can't do that for the three hours it takes to watch a game, much less the 17 weeks of the regular season.

But they expect the team to play "inspired" for 60 minutes

again, not you in particular, I don't know your rooting habits.

And this isn't to say you can't criticize your team, I criticize them myself. I'm sure they're critical of themselves. But some of the things we say as "fans" is over the line, imo.

If you've found anything to feel good about over the last 20 weeks of this season, you are not included in the "them" column.

2012Champs
01-07-2013, 02:10 PM

ah Im with you. I am more than okay with Schaub taking the short to mid throws vs trying to bomb it when its not there

Double Barrel
01-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Do y'all remember the first time the Texans beat the Manning-led Colts?

Christmas eve, 2006, Kubiak's first year as HC and David Carr as QB.

NOBODY expected us to win, especially that season which eventually saw Manning get his one and only SB ring.

The way we won, run game to keep Manning off the field and a defense that made some crucial plays, was the key.

That 6-10 Texans team had no business beating the eventual Super Bowl champions. No business at all. But nobody mentioned that to the Texans. They went out there and gave the Texans fanbase the second most memorable win of the young franchise's history at the time.

The Texans can do it again, folks. Keep Brady off the field, do not make mistakes, and make some plays.

I'm not predicting anything. I'm not a gambling man. But anything can happen. Anything. That's what makes us keep coming back to watch these games.

hookinreds
01-07-2013, 02:24 PM

Ooooh...you said clock...now it makes more sense.

infantrycak
01-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Spot on DB - heck Manning even had 3 TD's that day but the Texans walked out with the W.

BullNation4Life
01-07-2013, 02:41 PM
Cautiously optimistic.

This is how I will take this week, heavy on the Cautiously....

Defense shows up like they did this past Saturday, they have a fighting chance..

BUT...

If the offense shows up like they did this past Saturday, they have no chance...

If ANY game this year where the Texans get all aspects of their game on the same page and their Ying is intertwined with their Yang, this is the game...

TejasTom
01-07-2013, 02:43 PM
But they expect the team to play "inspired" for 60 minutes.

Where is Herb Brooks when we need him?

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.

Tailgate
01-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Not just you in particular. But our "job" as fans, is to root for our team, cheer for our team, to support our team. Some people can't do that for the three hours it takes to watch a game, much less the 17 weeks of the regular season.

But they expect the team to play "inspired" for 60 minutes

again, not you in particular, I don't know your rooting habits.

And this isn't to say you can't criticize your team, I criticize them myself. I'm sure they're critical of themselves. But some of the things we say as "fans" is over the line, imo.

If you've found anything to feel good about over the last 20 weeks of this season, you are not included in the "them" column.

What I feel good about is the fact that we won 12 games and have matched last years success despite losing Cushing, Brisiel, Winston, and Dreessen.

What I dont feel good about is how that will ultimately translate into surpassing last years success.

That being said, we have not lost yet... this game still has to be played on the field, 11 vs 11, one play at a time, and nobody can predict the future. I mean, could it really get any worse than the last time we played?

Maybe it was just us not knowing how to handle that type of game in the regular season that caused us to play so tight and get behind so big so quickly. Maybe the fact that NOBODY gives us a chance to win, we have nothing to lose, and its win or go home that will enable our players to play with a more fun, loose, and wreckless abandon that we saw against the Ravens on the road this time last year. Our players keep eluding to this.

We can still play our best game of the year, and we are going to have to.

GP
01-07-2013, 03:48 PM
Just watch the Ravens upset the Broncos on Sat.... Setting up a chance to get homefield again. Lol... AND THENNN....

I would seriously LOL if that happened. You mean to tell me that the Texans couldn't wrap up HFA on their own, but by sheer circumstance we DO end up with HFA??? You can't write that stuff. It's pure comedy at its best.

I think these Patriots will safety up and play a very conservative game (conservative for them, so to speak). I think THEY think that it won't take much to beat us...and they're probably right.

I have this theory that the Patriots and the Texans are really not that far apart, on the surface. Both these teams do one thing well: They insist that their opponent crumble before they do. The Texans have been doing this to teams all season long...making the opponent crack under the pressure, which was evident in the Jags and Lions game that both went to OT.

The Patriots are notches above the Texans in this, however, as evident by how we went up there and acted like we'd never touched a football before.

Bulls on Parade
01-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Hit Tom Brady hard and often. Force turnovers!!!!!

Something we failed to do last time...

When the ball is on the ground, please fall on top of it, Kareem!

TexanSam
01-07-2013, 03:54 PM
If the Texans can control the clock like they did against Cincy, then we'll have a chance. We have to score TDs instead of FGs and I think that's possible. It's only been the last month that we've had trouble scoring in the red zone. If we can reverse our fortunes in that area, then a win is possible.

Bulls on Parade
01-07-2013, 04:03 PM
If the Texans can control the clock like they did against Cincy, then we'll have a chance. We have to score TDs instead of FGs and I think that's possible. It's only been the last month that we've had trouble scoring in the red zone. If we can reverse our fortunes in that area, then a win is possible.
Agreed. I actually thought the Texans came out with a great game plan at Foxboro a month ago. We ran it down their throats for a couple of big gains, but one was called back because a ticky tack holding call. And then Lestar Jean dropped a potential big pass play -- Schaub may have over-threw it a bit but Jean had his man beat one on one and should have made the catch.

And then the Patriots fumbled trying to punch it in for a Touchdown on a great goal line stance for the Texans defense. Danieal Manning forced the fumble but Kareem Jackson foolishly tried to scoop it up and run. He tried to make a big-time play but in that situation we need to fall on top of the ball and recover a game-changing turnover.

I almost felt the Texans should have went on top 14-0 or 10-0 in that game but left points on the table and the Patriots just blew us out and went up 21-0 not long after. And mind you, once it's 21-0 that completely takes Arian Foster out of the game. We can't run that often after that if we want to play catch up and win...

Don't try to be a hero, just play hard and smart football. If we do that, I'm confident we can pull off the upset against a great Patriots team that is favored by 9.5 points.

texanhead08
01-07-2013, 04:10 PM
I'm staying even keel for this one. I will be going bat**** crazy if we win, but if we lose I am not going to flip out and scream on this forum that we need to fire the whole staff and cut all the players too.

arb729
01-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Hit Tom Brady hard and often. Force turnovers!!!!!

Something we failed to do last time...

When the ball is on the ground, please fall on top of it, Kareem!

PREACH! No one around here (Boston, not TT) listens to me, but Brady turtles when he gets hit early. It's been like that ever since he blew out his knee.

In regards to the original point of the thread, I am the same way. I wasn't looking forward to last week's game, even up to arriving at the bar to watch. But quickly, I found myself pacing and not being able to sit. Something about sports, man...

Double Barrel
01-07-2013, 04:22 PM
I have this theory that the Patriots and the Texans are really not that far apart, on the surface. Both these teams do one thing well: They insist that their opponent crumble before they do. The Texans have been doing this to teams all season long...making the opponent crack under the pressure, which was evident in the Jags and Lions game that both went to OT.

Valid theory. And why not? The Texans learned a lot from that game. I doubt they go to NE all wide-eyed and acting like a high school team having fun on a yellow bus to the state championship game.

I think this time they KNOW who they are playing and how not to act. They know the killer instinct in the Patriots now. They know how it feels to be dominated in NE on primetime.

We learn our best lessons from our worst mistakes. And this game should be no different. It might actually be a good thing that the Texans got whooped in a blowout at Foxboro. It might focus this team like it's never been focused, knowing that they cannot meet champs on the field while acting like chumps. The only way to beat a champ is to act like one. The Texans know this now.

badboy
01-07-2013, 04:23 PM
It's true, whether you're in the "ready to crown them" club or the "burn Gary and Matt at the stake" mob it's that time of the week when you start thinking about the possibilities. One win and it's all better. Really. I mean that.

We've all heard that tired cliche about having nothing to lose and that fact making someone "a very dangerous man". Well what do the Texans even have to lose this week? I mean, if they go up to New England and get their collective asses beat by, I dunno say "42-14" What does that matter? That already happened so big friggin deal. What's the worst that can happen? At this point it's just a matter of going up there, relaxing, and taking your best shot.

A loss and everyone moves on. We come back at this problem again next year.

A win however, well that's uncharted territory. That's back on track time.

A Texans win combined with an equally unlikely Ravens win in Denver puts the AFC Championship game back in Houston. Sure it's a ridiculous scenario. Most likely impossible but what the hell. If you're gonna dream, dream big.

New England in January. Nobody wanted it but here it is. I don't know how much pressure there can possibly be on the Texans at this point so maybe this will work. They don't respond to pressure so how about zero expectation of success and a national media that thinks they're a punchline? They might just respond to that.This is currently my line of thought. Go 100% all out 4 quarters. Schaub and Kubiak ain't leaving so take deep breath, spit and go get 'em. This youg team would revel in a win. Mistake free ball and fair play calling by refs and we upset.

76Texan
01-07-2013, 04:34 PM
My first reaction when I read the thread title was "Down, boy, down!" :spit:

ArlingtonTexan
01-07-2013, 05:44 PM
There should be some level of excitement when you actually are in the playoffs, and have at least a puncher's chance. We are only two years removed from never playing a meaningful game past Thanksgiving. Give me frustration over six weeks of disappointing play and in the playoffs over realistically done by Halloween and only worrying about the draft.

Tailgate
01-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Ok, so Garrett Graham is now a concern? If he doesnt play I may have to retract my excitement completely.

I just hope Fiddler doesnt have to witness that. :)

Texecutioner
01-07-2013, 10:42 PM

We at least made it as far as last year...despite losing Cushing, and despite all the changes we had to make this offseason to prepare for our long term stability as a team.

Maybe we just played too Vanilla last time? Maybe they will be rusty? Maybe Tom Brady comes down with mad cow disease prior to kickoff? Maybe it really is extremely difficult to beat a team twice in one year, let alone a playoff team. Maybe Foster absolutely goes OFF on them this time...

Who knows? ANYTHING can happen, and for whatever reason I am starting to get excited again. In 7 days, we just might be talking about playing for a spot in the Super Bowl. Whether likely or not, its why they play the game. Whats your attitude at the MO?

Last week you acted like we had no chance. How about giving us a shot once we're in the playoffs instead of waiting for the team to win to get excited for their games.

mussop
01-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Lol, try to remain grounded enough so that a potential crash down to reality doesn't hurt you too much.....this is how i'm handling this week anyway.

This is how I have been all season. Even when we were 11 and 1 I just couldn't blindly believe in this team. I hate that I feel that way because its hard to enjoy the wins. Well I have decided **** it, I'm all in this week. It's been too long since my team has made it this far. (The oilers were my team before the texans.) So I'm going to lower my shield and open my arms to this team. Even going to block out all my negative thoughts about Schaub. It's time to enjoy football again. Even if its just for 1 game.

If we loose I can devote all my attention to the draft. That's actually my favorite part of the year anyway. Man you can tell I have been a Houston fan for a long time.

DX-TEX
01-07-2013, 10:49 PM
I know that feel bro. All the national talk about how the Texans cant do **** agianst the vaunted Patriots is getting my interest back. There is no way in hell the team is not hearing/reading any of this. If this doesnt light a fire under their butts nothing will.

Texecutioner
01-07-2013, 10:57 PM
I know that feel bro. All the national talk about how the Texans cant do **** agianst the vaunted Patriots is getting my interest back. There is no way in hell the team is not hearing/reading any of this. If this doesnt light a fire under their butts nothing will.

That is from the National Media though. You'd think our fans would at least be happy to see us in this position and be excited to watch us play for this game or any other match up in the playoffs. I don't think we will win, but we can win. Any Given Sunday at this point.

Texan4Ever
01-07-2013, 11:00 PM
We've beaten New England once in the past and I'm optimistic we can do the same again. All we need is a few guys to step up, make a big hit or something to get us fired up, and force Brady to make mistakes (easier said than done but he isn't perfect).

Either ways, I don't care how ugly the game is so long as we can escape with a W in the final column.

Texan_Bill
01-07-2013, 11:00 PM
That is from the National Media though. You'd think our fans would at least be happy to see us in this position and be excited to watch us play for this game or any other match up in the playoffs. I don't think we will win, but we can win. Any Given Sunday at this point.

:texanbill:

Yessir!!! YESSSSSIRRR!!! While I know we're not considered to have a chance....... Any Given "freakin'" Sunday... That's why the play the games, no??

Texecutioner
01-07-2013, 11:04 PM
:texanbill:

Yessir!!! YESSSSSIRRR!!! While I know we're not considered to have a chance....... Any Given "freakin'" Sunday... That's why the play the games, no??

This is what the playoffs are about. Going in there and putting it all out there for one game. Speaking of the Patriots, I'll never forget their first Sb run. They were underdogs in every game. Their team went out there and beat the hell out of every team they played though and before that year they were thought of as a physical team. The Texans can make their own destiny at this point. It's all theirs for the taking and this is the year that they have the best potential to do it. Either way, it's fun to see our boys in the 2nd round of the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row after so many years of bickering about the team.

Cheers Bill!! :toast2:

Tailgate
01-07-2013, 11:23 PM
Last week you acted like we had no chance. How about giving us a shot once we're in the playoffs instead of waiting for the team to win to get excited for their games.

Lol... Thanks Dad!!

MEGA SWATT
01-07-2013, 11:44 PM
Maybe it really is extremely difficult to beat a team twice in one year,

Link:
http://www.patspulpit.com/2013/1/6/3843672/patriots-vs-texans-is-it-really-that-hard-to-beat-the-same-team-twice
Look at the Green Bay Packers and the Minnesota Vikings this year(backup QB). The two teams split their two regular season games and the Packers dominated with a 24-10 victory at Lambeau Field this past Saturday.

However, since the 2010 NFL season, teams that have played only twice—so that's disregarding divisional foes—have met a total of 16 times in the playoffs. The teams that won the first matchup have won seven times while the team that lost the first matchup ended up winning the playoff game nine times.

So for the teams that won the first matchup only posted a 7-9 record in the second game.

Granted, that gives the losing team the edge, but it's only a difference of two games.

Essentially, I'm not buying the whole idea "it's hard to beat the same team twice."

MEGA SWATT:
You know, this guy is so flawed in his thinking - He ignores the fact that the vikings had a backup QB and then denies the cold hard facts of 7-9, in which the losing teams (non-divisional) have the edge:kubepalm:

GP
01-07-2013, 11:54 PM
Done.

Lurvinator11
01-08-2013, 12:09 AM
Ok, so Garrett Graham is now a concern? If he doesnt play I may have to retract my excitement completely.

If Graham is out, why not plug in Casey as the number 2 TE, and activate Clutts for the first time this season? Yeah. Remember Clutts? That guy we traded for? I like the option Casey gives us lining up as a FB, but if we don't have the luxury of Graham, then USE THE GUY WE TRADED FOR WHO IS MADE TO PLAY THE POSITION!!!!!

Clutts.

Oh. Btw. I'm feeling excitement as well. I think we can win.

No. No.

WE WILL ****ING WIN! I HAVE SAT BACK TOO LONG WAITING FOR THIS! THIS TEAM IS READY AND WE ARE BRINGING HOME THE LOMBARDI THIS SEASON!!!!!!!

And If I'm wrong, well.....(There's always next year)

gafftop
01-08-2013, 01:15 PM

I agree 100%.
I hope the Texans play to their strength.
No mistakes which mean penalties also.
Need to win special teams.
Kubiak needs to outcoach BB

I want another HOME PLAYOFF game this season. HUGE!!!!!

Tailgate
01-08-2013, 01:58 PM

If Graham is out, why not plug in Casey as the number 2 TE, and activate Clutts for the first time this season? Yeah. Remember Clutts? That guy we traded for? I like the option Casey gives us lining up as a FB, but if we don't have the luxury of Graham, then USE THE GUY WE TRADED FOR WHO IS MADE TO PLAY THE POSITION!!!!!

Clutts.

Oh. Btw. I'm feeling excitement as well. I think we can win.

No. No.

WE WILL ****ING WIN! I HAVE SAT BACK TOO LONG WAITING FOR THIS! THIS TEAM IS READY AND WE ARE BRINGING HOME THE LOMBARDI THIS SEASON!!!!!!!

And If I'm wrong, well.....(There's always next year)

Because our offense is simply better and more flexible w Graham in the game. He is our Joel Dreessen. Casey is not blocking anybody like Graham could from a 3 point stance at the LOS. We must keep the LBs on their toes in coverage to keep pressure off Foster, and Graham is more disguisable coming out of his blocks than Casey is. With Casey at the FB spot, it adds even more flexibility to the passing game. And we are talking about winning in NE in January. Its already a monumental task w out limiting our offense even more. But he will play I think... He finished the game. Unless the concussion rules (whatever they are) snag him from us.

PLEASE let this man play.

Lurvinator11
01-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Because our offense is simply better and more flexible w Graham in the game. He is our Joel Dreessen. Casey is not blocking anybody like Graham could from a 3 point stance at the LOS. We must keep the LBs on their toes in coverage to keep pressure off Foster, and Graham is more disguisable coming out of his blocks than Casey is. With Casey at the FB spot, it adds even more flexibility to the passing game. And we are talking about winning in NE in January. Its already a monumental task w out limiting our offense even more. But he will play I think... He finished the game. Unless the concussion rules (whatever they are) snag him from us.

PLEASE let this man play.

I hope he plays as well, I'm just saying, if he CAN'T play, we have alternatives.

Fingers crossed

axman40
01-08-2013, 05:37 PM
I have a Ken's breakfast taco on the line for Sunday's game!
GO TEXANS!
:fans::fans::fans::fans::fans::fans:

DX-TEX
01-08-2013, 11:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh6D_hw-Xvk

Never forget!

Tailgate
01-10-2013, 10:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh6D_hw-Xvk

Never forget!

So awesome! We totally need the new edition.

Tailgate
01-12-2013, 09:58 PM
Two great games today. Tomorrow, it is our turn. 20 years of NFL futility for this city can be erased almost instantly with what would maybe be the greatest win in Houston football history. We can find a way to win this game. We must. Yea, I am excited.

GO TEXANS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0oTyAMSLBs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

hradhak
01-12-2013, 11:29 PM
I'm really pumped for this game. Not having playoff football for nearly 20 years has left my life without direction.

I think we face an uphill battle here, but we have to play the gameplan we set out in Cincy. Control the ball, run it well, and play smart on defense and don't commit stupid penalties. Brady won't be as out of it as Dalton, but hopefully Cincy's defense was a much tougher test for us than NE's

coltfan123
01-13-2013, 12:02 AM
I don't expect he Pats to make many mistakes. We need to get hits on Brady early and often, and Wade has to dial up some different coverages besides straight up man. Schaub needs to figure out how to throw a td again, and the offense can't turn it over. If all those things happen then call me crazy but I think we win. :fans:

texans need to not blitz...if they go blitz heavy expect another beat down...this time bill wont put foot off gas..they need to keep alot in coverage..show down the vertical game and rattle brady..

Showtime100
01-13-2013, 12:11 AM
texans need to not blitz...if they go blitz heavy expect another beat down...this time bill wont put foot off gas..they need to keep alot in coverage..show down the vertical game and rattle brady..

In a nutshell the problem is they are not getting the pass rush they need. The result is more blitzes than they want. The secondary can't pick up that slack against Brady.

Domino, meet domino.....etc.

coltfan123
01-13-2013, 12:21 AM
I'm really pumped for this game. Not having playoff football for nearly 20 years has left my life without direction.

I think we face an uphill battle here, but we have to play the gameplan we set out in Cincy. Control the ball, run it well, and play smart on defense and don't commit stupid penalties. Brady won't be as out of it as Dalton, but hopefully Cincy's defense was a much tougher test for us than NE's

The ravens are plum tired i tihnk whoever wins this game really has a really good shot at goig all the way...i like the texans odds playing a beat up ravens team at home in front of fired up fans...all texans have to do is play inspired football and kubiak needs to get out his confort zone and take risks.

darnbni99a
01-13-2013, 12:22 AM
ive been praying extremely hard all week. We need this!!!!!

ubecool454
01-13-2013, 03:45 AM

Just a reminder ...the Pats lost at home to the Arizona...they are not invincible. We need to get up 2 scores and pound it with Foster, Tate and Forsett. Keep Brady off the field. I want to see Brady with that same look that Peyton Manning had on his face after Baltimore put it on them at home.

EllisUnit
01-13-2013, 12:13 PM
We took my son to monster jam last night and while there there was this man behind us who was talking.

I didnt know the score to the ravens game so i wasnt sure what this guy was talking about but he said "Well the texans will get the ravens at reliant next weekend after they beat the Patriots tomorrow" i was like man this guy is confident so i turned around to this weird looking man wearing a shirt that said loco physic service. So i tuned to ask the guy if he was a physic, but before i could he turned and looked at me and said "YES" it really kinda freaked me out so i turned around and watched the rest of the Monster Jam.

So not saying that this dude was legit but for what its worth he made me feel more confident none the less.

oh and a funny note about last night. After the show me my wife and son were leaving walking to the car about a mile from the Alamo dome. My son tripped and there was a hispanic family walking behind us. The wife told her husband "Look he's so cute poppy" my son turned around and said "hey i'm not a puppy" the whole damn street busted out laughing haha.

Wolfiegrrl
01-13-2013, 12:19 PM
I totally get what you mean. Something has changed since last night. I woke up this morning thinking the Texans had already won. Its like the team saw the Ravens win and knew they could do it too!

Watt is going to dominate. Wade will show some different defensive looks and actually confuse Brady for once. Kubiak is going to manage a great game. It may not be a high scoring game, but it will eat the clock and choke out the Pats.

I simply love this feeling today. GO TEXANS!!!!

MEGA SWATT
01-13-2013, 12:20 PM
We'll take what we can get........go texans.

I"m sure you have a cute puppy!

err. son..

Goodwrench3
01-13-2013, 12:25 PM
I'm felling good about the today's game. I wake up in the morning very optimist, something in my mind says the team will play well,and we'll win the game.

Tailgate
01-13-2013, 12:29 PM
The city of Houston deserves a win today. It has been 20 years of futility since the Buffalo disaster or you could go back even further than that. Pick your poison. Not many fans have had to experience what we have had to go through over the years. Our players have a "chance" to EARN something this city has never experienced before. Houston would absolutely go NUTZ if the unthinkable happens today. Can you imagine?

IT'S TIME. It's time to punch these patriots in the mouth. It's time to shock the world. IT'S OUR TIME!

GO TEXANS!!!!

thunderkyss
01-13-2013, 02:29 PM
http://www.vh1.com/celebrity/bwe/images/2012/05/Avengers-Hulk-Loki-1337008016.gif

EllisUnit
01-13-2013, 02:56 PM
http://www.vh1.com/celebrity/bwe/images/2012/05/Avengers-Hulk-Loki-1337008016.gif

Dude thats my fav part of that movie haha. The guy is like you cant talk to me like that or some crap and the hulk grabs him and just starts beating the crap out of him.

thunderkyss
01-13-2013, 03:00 PM
Dude thats my fav part of that movie haha. The guy is like you cant talk to me like that or some crap and the hulk grabs him and just starts beating the crap out of him.

If I could photoshop, I'd put a Jj Watt Jersey on him & a blue #12 jersey on Loki....

it's only 89 still shots.

C Madd
01-13-2013, 03:20 PM
If I could photoshop, I'd put a Jj Watt Jersey on him & a blue #12 jersey on Loki....

it's only 89 still shots.

I think this would probably be the most worthwhile and satisfying 15 yard penalty ever.

SheTexan
01-13-2013, 03:22 PM
My nerves are SHOT!!:overreact:

C Madd
01-13-2013, 03:23 PM

Same here. I can't sit still and I have a knot in my stomach. I'm sure it will be worse during the game.

steelbtexan
01-13-2013, 03:27 PM
Me too

The Texans will have to play solid sound tackling and have 0 turnovers to win

The offense will have to score atleast 3 TD's and not kick FG's. In short Schaub will have to have the best game of his career.

thunderkyss
01-13-2013, 03:36 PM

I haven't slept in a week.

thunderkyss
01-13-2013, 03:40 PM
Me too

The Texans will have to play solid sound tackling and have 0 turnovers to win

The offense will have to score atleast 3 TD's and not kick FG's. In short Schaub will have to have the best game of his career.

I hear what you're saying Steelb & that makes sense... but really, anything can happen. If the D throws a shutout, maybe Brady came down with the flu, we may not need but 3 FGs to win.

All I'm saying, is right now I don't care if Schaub has his best game ever, or if Tate comes back & we run for 400 yards.

All I want is a win & however the Texans get that done, I don't care. I'm just going to watch the game unfold. I'm not going to get down if Matt throws a pick 6...... Kaepernick did, & still won. I don't care if our defense gives up 4 TDs..... Baltimore did & still won.

I'm just root'n & cheer'n & scream'n my a55 off.

EllisUnit
01-13-2013, 04:08 PM
I think this would probably be the most worthwhile and satisfying 15 yard penalty ever.

agree, whats sad is Watt could do that to brady

MEGA SWATT
01-13-2013, 04:22 PM
excited right now......lets go Texans!

Wattt goes hulk on the pats:swatter::swatter:

macho grande
01-13-2013, 04:27 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/14/9uvuva6y.jpg

MEGA SWATT
01-13-2013, 04:35 PM
me too

Hervoyel
01-13-2013, 07:55 PM
Well, I'm willing to bet that the Texans took care of that excitement problem you were starting to have? amirite?

Tailgate
01-13-2013, 07:59 PM
Just kidding!!!!

thunderkyss
01-13-2013, 10:24 PM
Just kidding!!!!

I told you it was gas.

Tailgate
01-13-2013, 10:58 PM
I told you it was gas.

And deep down inside I already knew it. But stranger things have happened, just not for us. Ever. Was really hoping for the whole mad cow disease thing to come into play.

thunderkyss
01-13-2013, 11:12 PM
And deep down inside I already knew it. But stranger things have happened, just not for us. Ever. Was really hoping for the whole mad cow disease thing to come into play.

In a way, I'm glad so many guys are as pissed as they are. Just a few years ago, we were a joke..... a bigger joke. The "we're on the right track" comment got so many laughs around here.

We're light years away from that team right now, but in our hearts, we "know" we're even better than that.

gtexan02
01-14-2013, 12:38 AM
I was so excited before the game I couldn't concentrate on anything today. I couldn't take my eyes away from the tv the entire first half. I followed all the pregame coverage. I screamed so loud during Manning's return that my dog left the room.

I was excited.

Now I am disappointed, but the excitement was great whiel it lasted. Its like the whole "better to have loved and lost" comment...

I'll take the roller coaster, as long as I get the highs, anyday