PDA

View Full Version : The Ask Matt Schaub Thread

Matt Schaub
01-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Hey guys. Im here to answer any questions you have about this team. I dont have too much time, but I can answer as many as I can for the fans.

We are excited about playing the patriots again and this time things will be different.

Ask away.

Dutchrudder
01-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Hi Matt, long time listener, first time caller. I was just wondering, what exactly is your 40 time? I know you're slow with pads on, but how fast are you in shorts? Do you think you can you outrun Shaun Cody riding Duane Brown's back? I'll hang up and listen.

Giant Tiger
01-06-2013, 09:20 PM
Hey guys. Im here to answer any questions you have about this team. I dont have too much time, but I can answer as many as I can for the fans.

We are excited about playing the patriots again and this team things will be different.

Ask away.

Hi Matt, I'm Canadian; I've seen a lot of cold weather games up here. Just wondering if you have any contingency plans regarding the weather. Check out the 1977 Grey Cup game where the Montreal Alouettes used a staple gun on their shoes to avoid slipping. Not saying that's the solution, but it couldn't hurt to bring one to the game :thinking:

amazing80
01-06-2013, 09:21 PM
Hey Matt, Im wondering why you are inaccurate and slower than a sloth.

Dishman
Hi Matt, long time listener, first time caller. I was just wondering, what exactly is your 40 time? I know you're slow with pads on, but how fast are you in shorts? Do you think you can you outrun Shaun Cody riding Duane Brown's back? I'll hang up and listen.

LOLOLOL. Thatd be quite a sight to behold.

utahmark
How many points ya'll gonna put up on them pats?

Matt Schaub
01-06-2013, 09:22 PM

I ran around 5 seconds in the combine long time ago, but I think I havent slowed that much overtime.

Well with shorts on, I can almost outrun kubiak. He's a really good coach.
On the other hand, I have no problems outrunning wade phillips. So, I think Im in pretty good shape. great question.

C Madd
01-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Matt, would you rather fight 100 duck-sized Vince Wilforks or one Vince Wilfork sized duck?

TEXANRED
01-06-2013, 09:26 PM
Someone is either really really drunk or really really bored. Or both.

Ghostform
01-06-2013, 09:26 PM
Hey Matt... what would you say your signature move is?

A. A pick six
B. Going into fetal position when pressure is coming
C. Throwing the ball into the stands
D. Throwing 40 yards with all your stength but still coming up short.

thanks.

Matt Schaub
01-06-2013, 09:28 PM
How many points ya'll gonna put up on them pats?

Well, shayne graham had a hell of a game against cincy. So as long as his foot stays healthy, we should be putting up all kinds of points on the board. Not to mention our defense can make plays at any time. We might even bring out some plays and strategies never used before. Stay tuned for that.

Giant Tiger
01-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Hi Matt, I'm Canadian; I've seen a lot of cold weather games up here. Just wondering if you have any contingency plans regarding the weather. Check out the 1977 Grey Cup game where the Montreal Alouettes used a staple gun on their shoes to avoid slipping. Not saying that's the solution, but it couldn't hurt to bring one to the game :thinking:

Sorry, forgot to add a link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/65th_Grey_Cup

Matt Schaub
01-06-2013, 09:31 PM

Well, the good thing is no matter what the weather is, a draw play always works wonders. We usually play pretty well in bad weather. I remember some time ago against the packers we did very well. Not to mention vince Wilforks body heat will more than compensate for the cold weather. I think I like our chances.

Corrosion
01-06-2013, 09:32 PM

We are excited about playing the patriots again and this time things will be different.

Ask away.

I wonder what moron made the sock ?! :swatter:

Playoffs
01-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Hey guys...
Didn't think TexansTalk allowed users to have more than one login account?

Goodwrench3
01-06-2013, 09:33 PM

Ask away.

WOW!! This is true? ? ? ? Are you Schaub? ? ?

Matt Schaub
01-06-2013, 09:34 PM
Hey Matt... what would you say your signature move is?

A. A pick six
B. Going into fetal position when pressure is coming
C. Throwing the ball into the stands
D. Throwing 40 yards with all your stength but still coming up short.

thanks.

Well, actually I like to grab my helment and wipe my eyes more than any of those things you mentioned. I intentionally under-throw balls to throw the defense off and give them something to think about.

TexansBull
01-06-2013, 09:34 PM
Matt, do you realize field goals are 3 points and touchdowns are 6? Plus if you get a touchdown the rules reward you with an extra point. So if your worried about Shayne Graham getting reps, he will still get his. Just FYI on the difference between a field goal and a touchdown.

Might be worth something next week.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Goodwrench3
01-06-2013, 09:35 PM
:gamer:
LOL