PDA

View Full Version : Who is our replay guy?

utahmark
01-06-2013, 01:50 AM
That guy needs to be fired along with our special teams coach.

qqert
01-06-2013, 01:55 AM
i believe its mr. forrest gump.
challenges are like a box of choclits....

gg no re
01-06-2013, 01:58 AM
i believe its mr. forrest gump.
challenges are like a box of choclits....
Choclits... I want to know more about these.

Malloy
01-06-2013, 05:42 AM
I agree, get rid of them both...

scourge
01-06-2013, 05:52 AM
Choclits... I want to know more about these.

You'll have to ask Forrest about those...

nero THE zero
01-06-2013, 07:57 AM
Is this about the Barwin strip/incomplete pass?

I thought that was a perfectly legitimate challenge. There was one angle where it looked like the ball moved/was loose in his hand before it moved forward.

It was worth a challenge.

HJam72
01-06-2013, 08:50 AM
It wasn't just worth a challenge; it was a fumble that Dalton decided to play, "Oh, I just missed my receiver by half the football field; that's all..."

If we get that against the Cincinnati Bengals in our house, what kind of reffing are we going to get in Foxborough next week? Just watch. If we make any kind of game out of it all, which we might not, you will see some bull-crap like you haven't seen since AFCC Oilers & Steelers. They want that Brady vs. Manning match-up and then the Pats will get to stair in disbelief at absurdity too.

ChampionTexan
01-06-2013, 09:15 AM
Is this about the Barwin strip/incomplete pass?

I thought that was a perfectly legitimate challenge. There was one angle where it looked like the ball moved/was loose in his hand before it moved forward.

It was worth a challenge.

I agree - Week 17's 12 men on the field challenge absolutely warrants this thread - yesterday's doesn't. I think it was a realistic challenge with the downside of a loss of a time-out more than worth the potential reward of keeping three points off the board and keeping it a two score lead.

silentassassin
01-06-2013, 09:33 AM
It wasn't just worth a challenge; it was a fumble that Dalton decided to play, "Oh, I just missed my receiver by half the football field; that's all..."

If we get that against the Cincinnati Bengals in our house, what kind of reffing are we going to get in Foxborough next week? Just watch. If we make any kind of game out of it all, which we might not, you will see some bull-crap like you haven't seen since AFCC Oilers & Steelers. They want that Brady vs. Manning match-up and then the Pats will get to stair in disbelief at absurdity too.

I agree with most of what you're saying. Hell, I probably will go full-conspiracy mode and agree with all of it.

But yes, that was certainly worth a challenge. That rule is called so inconsistently. If you remember in the second meetup with Jacksonville, Gabbert was hit on a play that looked like an incomplete pass, but was eventually ruled a fumble recovered by the Texans.

I did read that they were going to review the tuck rule in the offseason.