PDA

View Full Version : Texans 9 1/2 Point Dogs Against Pats

CloakNNNdagger
01-05-2013, 08:57 PM
..and the over/under is 48.

It realistically let's you know what they think of the Texans win over the Bengals. This is a time to be thankful for today's win......but no reason to be giddy or feel much more confident about their potential play against a good team. The Pats won't forget about their receivers.

JCTexan
01-05-2013, 08:59 PM

It realistically let's you know what they think of the Texans win over the Bengals. This is a time to be thankful for today's win......but no reason to be giddy or feel much more confident about their potential play against a good team. The Pats won't forget about their receivers.

Exactly. I'm happy and thankful for the win today, but next week against the Patriots will be tough.

Pats
01-05-2013, 09:03 PM
The spread is set to attract bettors to the Texans side of the wager.

Everyone is jumping on NE.

jtexas
01-05-2013, 09:07 PM
This game reminds me a lot of the Ravens game last year. We were also 9 point dogs and no one gave us a chance. We were in the game late and surprised a lot of people. I think today's win will boost the confidence of the team.

Showtime100
01-05-2013, 09:08 PM
I love IT!!!!!!!!!

ATXtexanfan
01-05-2013, 09:09 PM
well lets see what we got as absolute underdogs. this line will move up?

imatexan
01-05-2013, 09:09 PM
Bulls on parade!

I't can be done, the Jets beat the pats in 2010 in the playoffs after getting blown out in the regular season.

Showtime100
01-05-2013, 09:15 PM
well lets see what we got as absolute underdogs. this line will move up?

I would wait. By gametime I'm guessing 6.5, but not better.

CloakNNNdagger
01-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Notice the resemblance???

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Andy+Dalton+Wild+Card+Playoffs+Cincinnati+1eAyvOoy tT4l.jpg

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070118181725/wikiality/images/6/6c/Tom_brady.jpg

Neither do I.

Showtime100
01-05-2013, 09:20 PM
Why post this?

ATXtexanfan
01-05-2013, 09:22 PM

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Andy+Dalton+Wild+Card+Playoffs+Cincinnati+1eAyvOoy tT4l.jpg

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070118181725/wikiality/images/6/6c/Tom_brady.jpg

Neither do I.

lol couldnt rep

CloakNNNdagger
01-05-2013, 09:36 PM
You remember the Vikings game?

The Packers are destroying the Vikings 24-3, 5 minutes into the 4th.

legacy_gt
01-05-2013, 10:20 PM
make it 19.5. have all the experts say we don't belong in the playoffs. play with a chip on your shoulder. if texans offensive line and defense plays this well, we've got a great shot at winning.

CloakNNNdagger
01-05-2013, 10:27 PM
make it 19.5. have all the experts say we don't belong in the playoffs. play with a chip on your shoulder. if texans offensive line and defense plays this well, we've got a great shot at winning.

Our defense had a nice game overall. But next game, Brady will burn us if we are blitz happy. He can burn us with long and mid field passes. And, with his talented receivers, you won't have any idea to whom his passes will go.

C Madd
01-05-2013, 10:32 PM
You remember the Vikings game?

The Packers are destroying the Vikings 24-3, 5 minutes into the 4th.

I'm not worried about the past. What happened can't be changed. All that matters right now is the New England Patriots next Sunday.

badboy
01-05-2013, 10:35 PM

It realistically let's you know what they think of the Texans win over the Bengals. This is a time to be thankful for today's win......but no reason to be giddy or feel much more confident about their potential play against a good team. The Pats won't forget about their receivers.Wow, I almost posted in the NE fan's thread that we will be ten point underdogs but thought I'd get clobbered. Sounds right to me.

AndyWin
01-05-2013, 10:37 PM
Patriots either KILL us by 3+ scores, or we win by less than a touchdown. I'd bet the shi* out of this if I were a gambling man... :)

Texn4life
01-05-2013, 10:37 PM

About what I expected...... To be honest I anticipate the line moving closer to 11 as the week goes on. There are going to be a ton of people jumping on New England early.

bigbrewster2000
01-05-2013, 10:38 PM

Bingo. Good post. Happy they won but there is quite a ways to go before they can play on the level with the Pats or it at least appears to be so

BufordTJustice
01-05-2013, 10:38 PM
hopefully they burned those stupid letter jackets or whatever those things are called...im not one for calling good/bad luck as a factor, but those things had a freakin curse on em...

CloakNNNdagger
01-05-2013, 10:49 PM
It is pieces like this that I am hearing and reading where ever I go.

Two teams advanced, one looked Super
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 5, 2013, 11:08 PM EST

Saturday’s start of the postseason went according to form, as the division champion No. 3 seeds in each conference advanced by winning at home, eliminating the wild card No. 6 seeds. But the similarities between the two games end there.

In Houston, the Texans won an ugly game over the Bengals but did nothing to suggest that they have much of a chance of winning next weekend at New England — let alone winning two more games to get to the Super Bowl. In Green Bay, however, the Packers looked like legitimate Super Bowl contenders.link (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/05/two-teams-advanced-one-looked-super/)

CretorFrigg
01-05-2013, 10:50 PM
Our defense had a nice game overall. But next game, Brady will burn us if we are blitz happy. He can burn us with long and mid field passes. And, with his talented receivers, you won't have any idea to whom his passes will go.

A lot of those long missed passes by Dalton would be completed by Brady. We NEED a safety back there.

Texecutioner
01-05-2013, 10:52 PM

I think it's more of the opposite.

Showtime100
01-06-2013, 06:51 PM
I think it's more of the opposite.

Agree. I would take NE -9.5 and I don't think I'll change my mind.

Texn4life
01-10-2013, 04:28 PM
I know one group that will be rooting like crazy for us to win on Sunday and that's Vegas. I talked to a friend of mine who's in this business locally and he said 90% of the wagers he's taken have been on the Patriots. Haven't checked yet to see how the money is coming in at Vegas, but I doubt it is much different. They stand to possibly make a killing with us keeping this a close game or even winning.

CloakNNNdagger
01-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Most of Las Vegas is going Pats win ~40-31

Vinny
01-10-2013, 04:45 PM
The Pats should be double digit favs....they manhandled the Texans without Gronk at the eoy, plus we are down two more inside linebackers since then, plus we barely beat the worst team in the playoffs last week.

Thorn
01-10-2013, 04:48 PM
The Pats should be double digit favs....they manhandled the Texans without Gronk at the eoy, plus we are down two more inside linebackers since then, plus we barely beat the worst team in the playoffs last week.

We are missing a lot of starters, just like last year. This time it's on defense. I just don't see how we will pull this one out, but I sure as hell hope that somehow we do.

Tailgate
01-10-2013, 04:53 PM
I have had a horrendous year betting, so much so I can actually affect the outcome of games.

I teased ND + 17 and the Pats -2 on Monday. I was always going to lose the bet mind you, but which end of the teaser would kill it? All we needed was ND to keep it within 17 to ensure Pats -2 didnt work, thus ensuring the Texans basically winning the game on Sunday to kill my bet. Didnt play out that way. Damn you Irish!!

Now , the only thing I can offer with Pats -9.5 is for us to keep it within 2 scores. :kitten:

gtexan02
01-10-2013, 05:10 PM
Last year the Pats beat the Broncos in Foxboro in the Divisional round 45-10. The thing about the Patriots is that if they are going to win by 10, they are going to win by 20, 30, etc. They don't let up.

If its close, I think we win. If we lose, I think we lose big.

thunderkyss
01-10-2013, 06:41 PM

That's why you have to have two bad-ass Cover Corners. Just so happen, we've got three. Jjo, Kjax, & BHarris.

Watt's going to write another page in his H.O.F. story book & it's going to be largely because Tom Terrific is going to have to hold the ball more than 2.5 seconds.

A lot of those long missed passes by Dalton would be completed by Brady. We NEED a safety back there.

& we would have played it different if it were Brady.

Vance87
01-10-2013, 06:45 PM
That's why you have to have two bad-ass Cover Corners. Just so happen, we've got three. Jjo, Kjax, & BHarris.

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/michael_scott/Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif

thunderkyss
01-10-2013, 06:53 PM
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/michael_scott/Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif

I know what you're thinking, but the kids a baller & playing with a lot of confidence now. He's a big play waiting to happen, mark my words my friend.

We're going to be absolutely giddy after the game Sunday. We'll be the Super Bowl Favorites again. Nationwide.

CloakNNNdagger
01-10-2013, 07:06 PM

Watt's going to write another page in his H.O.F. story book & it's going to be largely because Tom Terrific is going to have to hold the ball more than 2.5 seconds.

& we would have played it different if it were Brady.

Two bad-ass cover corners or not, we better have two bad-ass safeties over the top covering their bad-asses.

Nawzer
01-10-2013, 07:26 PM
I know what you're thinking, but the kids a baller & playing with a lot of confidence now. He's a big play waiting to happen, mark my words my friend.

We're going to be absolutely giddy after the game Sunday. We'll be the Super Bowl Favorites again. Nationwide.

I'm going to remember this post so I can come back to it on Sunday after the game. :ahhaha:

EllisUnit
01-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Ummm wasnt everyone calling for BHarris head a few weeks ago, now he is a shut down CB ??? He did play good against the Bengals, but lets be honest. Who didnt ?

thunderkyss
01-10-2013, 08:59 PM
Ummm wasnt everyone calling for BHarris head a few weeks ago, now he is a shut down CB ??? He did play good against the Bengals, but lets be honest. Who didnt ?

Not everyone. I've been on his side since the New England game. Even said I wasn't mad at him for being aggressive & drawing penalties...... still think that holding call on 3rd & 6 was ticky-tack.

Since he's been playing, I've seen everything I thought he would be when we drafted him & I did a little research. At first I was a little upset that they waited so long to get him on the field, but he's got his game legs under him real quick..... & I think he's ready to play.

When you're losing, people are quick to jump on every little mistake & make mountains out of mole hills. But, there's no doubt in my mind he can play.

Mark my words, next year the whole country will be talking about our secondary.... urrr.... in a good way, not like 2010.

EllisUnit
01-10-2013, 09:05 PM
Not everyone. I've been on his side since the New England game. Even said I wasn't mad at him for being aggressive & drawing penalties...... still think that holding call on 3rd & 6 was ticky-tack.

Since he's been playing, I've seen everything I thought he would be when we drafted him & I did a little research. At first I was a little upset that they waited so long to get him on the field, but he's got his game legs under him real quick..... & I think he's ready to play.

When you're losing, people are quick to jump on every little mistake & make mountains out of mole hills. But, there's no doubt in my mind he can play.

Mark my words, next year the whole country will be talking about our secondary.... urrr.... in a good way, not like 2010.

Yeah i havent thought he looked to bad myself. A few mistakes which should be expected from such a young inexperienced guy but overall i like his speed, and physical play. Coverage skills can be improved IMO but i see all the tools.

darnbni99a
01-11-2013, 12:23 AM

Neither do I.

lol nicely done

Rey
01-11-2013, 09:31 AM

No.

I recall tk and I both said we liked Harris. I'm sure there were others as well.

GP
01-11-2013, 10:22 AM
In regards to Brandon Harris: There's no substitute for REAL games.

Camp, and even preseason games, are no way to get a player ready for the real bullets of a reg season game.

That's why I think Brandon Harris is just having growing pains. Kareem Jackson had an entire 1st season of growing pains in 2010. 2011 he looked better. And now he looks really good out there.

Harris has athletic ability, he plays with passion, and I think he just needs the reps (no matter how many times he screws up) so that he can be out there and learning in a reg season game.

ThaShark316
01-11-2013, 10:53 AM
In regards to Brandon Harris: There's no substitute for REAL games.

Camp, and even preseason games, are no way to get a player ready for the real bullets of a reg season game.

That's why I think Brandon Harris is just having growing pains. Kareem Jackson had an entire 1st season of growing pains in 2010. 2011 he looked better. And now he looks really good out there.

Harris has athletic ability, he plays with passion, and I think he just needs the reps (no matter how many times he screws up) so that he can be out there and learning in a reg season game.

Completely agree. Harris will get better and better every game he plays.

I'll keep saying "Harris is a bum" every time he makes plays on Twitter. Love trolling some of those idiots on there.

2012Champs
01-11-2013, 02:44 PM
It looks like it has stayed around -9.5 across the board after a -10 open. 69% of the money is on the pats and giving the points but the money line is now 51/49 pats which over the last few days has move considerably from about 80/20 pats. Thats not as positive as the line moving but still people leaning for a texans win. also 79% of the money is on the over

2012Champs
01-11-2013, 05:59 PM
It looks like it has stayed around -9.5 across the board after a -10 open. 69% of the money is on the pats and giving the points but the money line is now 51/49 pats which over the last few days has move considerably from about 80/20 pats. Thats not as positive as the line moving but still people leaning for a texans win. also 79% of the money is on the over

The line hasn't moved but money has the money line bet has flipped 51/49 texans and side bets have moved to 65/35 pats. If this keeps up the line should start coming down

Texn4life
01-11-2013, 06:10 PM

I think that's people simply playing the odds. On my site the Texans are +355 and the Pats are -445. Not a ton of value in placing a $445 wager only to win $100 unless its part of a parlay. On the other hand a lot of people will take a shot betting $100 on the Texans to win and getting back $355. I never bet money on Texans games so I'm gonna continue that, but I expect the line to stay pretty much where its at or even maybe get up to 10.5 by game time.

AJ-80
01-11-2013, 06:34 PM
After watching the 42-12 loss over, the Pats had everything go their way in this game. They blew us out mostly due to simply our lack of ability to make plays throughout the game. Those 3rd down penalties that extended Patriots drives were also killers. The Texans are not built to fall behind 21-0 like that, especially against a team like the Patriots. They aren't a quick strike offense. I honestly think that if Kareem falls on that fumble its a whole different ballgame. Bottom line - I think we can win if we do not fall behind early like the previous game.

Textan
01-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Definitely agree with that fumble recovery. Believe it could have been a major turning point.
Anyway, I never gamble on sports.

2012Champs
01-11-2013, 09:38 PM
I think that's people simply playing the odds. On my site the Texans are +355 and the Pats are -445. Not a ton of value in placing a $445 wager only to win $100 unless its part of a parlay. On the other hand a lot of people will take a shot betting $100 on the Texans to win and getting back $355. I never bet money on Texans games so I'm gonna continue that, but I expect the line to stay pretty much where its at or even maybe get up to 10.5 by game time.

I understand the multiplier given the ml wager but you need an outright win. When I posted than before 5dimes had moved to -9 but now they are back to 9.5. There might not have been value in laying the ml -400 but that's where most of the money was until this afternoon

NastyNate
01-11-2013, 10:03 PM

Patriots either KILL us by 3+ scores, or we win by less than a touchdown. I'd bet the shi* out of this if I were a gambling man... :)

The line hasn't moved but money has the money line bet has flipped 51/49 texans and side bets have moved to 65/35 pats. If this keeps up the line should start coming down

:hankpalm:

Man you guys lose a lot of money betting or you don't bet at all. -9.5 is a favorite mild lean, -10 and above is a dog lean, just how sports betting works. You make much better money by not betting a loser, than you do betting a winner, fyi. Stay away if you're not too bright. The over is the only quality bet here, and by a small percentage. If you're betting on the Texans to cover, wait. The line will move a little more, possibly up to -10.5. If you're betting NE jump now.

Stats percentage says Texans cover. I'm not convinced. If you could tease Texans over and Ravens +9 it might be an okay bet, but I'm still staying away from this game.

CloakNNNdagger
01-11-2013, 10:13 PM
:hankpalm:

Man you guys lose a lot of money betting or you don't bet at all. -9.5 is a favorite mild lean, -10 and above is a dog lean, just how sports betting works. You make much better money by not betting a loser, than you do betting a winner, fyi. Stay away if you're not too bright. The over is the only quality bet here, and by a small percentage. If you're betting on the Texans to cover, wait. The line will move a little more, possibly up to -10.5. If you're betting NE jump now.

Stats percentage says Texans cover. I'm not convinced. If you could tease Texans over and Ravens +9 it might be an okay bet, but I'm still staying away from this game.

I'll start out by saying I stay far away from gambling. But FYI, I've come across a couple of sites that have already moved the Pats to -10.

NastyNate
01-11-2013, 10:25 PM
I'll start out by saying I stay far away from gambling. But FYI, I've come across a couple of sites that have already moved the Pats to -10.

That's pretty much the tipping point in NFL betting. When you see that the PATS have only covered as a 6.5+ point fave 38% of the time over the last 33 games, that 50% of NFL games are decided by 7 points or less, and that playoff football rarely results in double digit defecits in the divisional round even with the home team winning outright 58% of the time, it's smarter money to bet anything -10 or more to the dog.