View Full Version : still not happy

Pages : [1] 2

ATXtexanfan
01-05-2013, 06:38 PM
Cinci isn't NE

eriadoc
01-05-2013, 06:39 PM
Playoff win. Be happy. :)

This is the best game they've played in 6 weeks. The OL played better than they have recently, the defense played their best game in a long time, and the running game finally showed up like it was supposed to. Still some red zone issues to be worried about, but I'll worry about those tomorrow.

Thorn
01-05-2013, 06:40 PM
Already with the unhappiness? Jezzzz. Can't we wait at least until tommorow for this?

Showtime100
01-05-2013, 06:41 PM
still not happy

Me either, but I would rather not start a thread saying so.

Texans are in the game. Anything can happen.

Surreal McCoy
01-05-2013, 06:41 PM
still not happy

Of course not. Why be happy when 'your' team wins a playoff game? :kubepalm:

ATXtexanfan
01-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Of course not. Why be happy when 'your' team wins a playoff game? :kubepalm:

What was the score when we went to NE last time. Kicking fgs won't do it

bhsman
01-05-2013, 06:45 PM
I'll be happy for the both of us, then. :hurrah:

Texecutioner
Cinci isn't NE

If you can't be happy over a playoff win, then I don't know what else to say.

Just become a fan of whomever the SB winner is every year.

Wolf
Enjoy the moment

EllisUnit
We settled for 4 FGs yes it sucks BUT i saw a better offense this week then i have seen in a while for the texans. The bengals defense is way better that the patriots defense.

AND our defense looked like it did early in the season. Everyone swarming to the ball, i saw intensity which we havent seen in a while.

Honestly ssing an improvment should be encouraging.

Seņor Stan
01-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Cinci isn't NE

Yep. Cincy's Defense is much better.

Cincinnati is #6 and the Patriots are #25. I like your new found optimism!

Ghostform
01-05-2013, 06:46 PM
I dont see how anyone can pump sunshine out of this game... We beat the bengals in almost all phases of the game and we barely came out with the W. Plus we shouldnt have been playing this week anyway. Im not counting us out but we've got a long shot to beat NE.

TexanSam
01-05-2013, 06:47 PM

Enjoy this one for a little while. Geez. At least we have a chance for redemption instead of no chance at all.

mariowillshine15
Just won a playoff game. Extremely happy. Whatever happens next week happens. Enjoying this win all week.

Showtime100
I do like the fact that I can say 13-4 for the first time in my football sports life.

Hey man, shiit happens. NE and Denver aren't robots.

ATXtexanfan
01-05-2013, 06:48 PM

Well I guess your happy with a wildcard win I though we wouldn't be playing this round.

Marcus
01-05-2013, 06:48 PM
He's not happy because he knows we're gonna get a$$-raped by Mr. Bundchen again.

dalemurphy
01-05-2013, 06:49 PM

New England is a better team.. Join the very large club! We are 12-4 and into the 2nd round of the playoffs. that's good... Unlikely, but we have a chance to go to the AFC championship game next week. Good news!

MEGA SWATT
We settled for 4 FGs yes it sucks BUT i saw a better offense this week then i have seen in a while for the texans. The bengals defense is way better that the patriots defense.

AND our defense looked like it did early in the season. Everyone swarming to the ball, i saw intensity which we havent seen in a while.

Agree, excellent.

Plus, so much for momentum dictating everything.

Suck it Andy Dalton and your parents, suck Bengals, suck it idiots on espn like Keshawn Martin, suck it bengals fans who came to houston, suck bengals fans in Ohio, suck it Obamahio, I mean Ohio.

mariowillshine15
He's not happy because he knows we're gonna get a$$-raped by Mr. Bundchen again.

I can understand being concerned but this type of negativity though i don't.

If Mark Sanchez can beat Brady at Foxboro Matt Schaub can.

Surreal McCoy
I dont see how anyone can pump sunshine out of this game... We beat the bengals in almost all phases of the game and we barely came out with the W. Plus we shouldnt have been playing this week anyway. Im not counting us out but we've got a long shot to beat NE.

Great point. BCS is gonna hammer us this week.

ATXtexanfan
01-05-2013, 06:50 PM
How many tds in the red zone? Good luck vs brady

Thorn
01-05-2013, 06:50 PM
I do like the fact that I can say 13-4 for the first time in my football sports life.

Hey man, shiit happens. NE and Denver aren't robots.

If nothing else, at least we're going to NE and not the Bengals. I think it's kind of cool we've beaten the Bengals two years in a row. It's not a lot, but it's something. And you can bet your ass Bengal fans know it. LOL

ATXtexanfan
01-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Great point. BCS is gonna hammer us this week.

Um BCS is Tom Brady, see previous meeting

ziggy29
01-05-2013, 06:51 PM
The Texans played very well except for two areas: Red Zone execution and penalties. Too many penalties have dogged this team for the last few weeks, too many times negating first downs on offense and giving the opponent a first down on a defensive penalty that would have otherwise led to 4th down.

Texecutioner
01-05-2013, 06:52 PM
Well I guess your happy with a wildcard win I though we wouldn't be playing this round.

Hell ****ing yeah I'm happy with a wild card win!! WHy wouldn't I be??

I hate the fact that we had to play a wild card game and lost home field advantage, but that's the situation we got ourselves in. They took care of business and have the opportunity to get their confidence back now. Will they? Who knows, but all that matters is winning the next game. Any other game before next week doesn't matter. Not even the one we just played. It's one game at a time, and there is no way I'd be upset after just winning a playoff game. We won the damn game. Be happy that we're at least in position to make noise in the playoffs instead of looking for reasons to be mad at this team when we just won a playoff game.

EllisUnit
If nothing else, at least we're going to NE and not the Bengals. I think it's kind of cool we've beaten the Bengals two years in a row. It's not a lot, but it's something. And you can bet your ass Bengal fans know it. LOL

Yeah i live next to a bengals fan, he and his wife and kids are from ohio. We are really good friends, and last season his 2nd favorite team was the texans until we beat them.

Now he just sent me a message saying we're not welcome at their house anymore haha (he's kidding) but its funny.

Seņor Stan
I posted this in the game thread but....

look at the 2010/11 season. The Jets got embarrassed by the Pats to the tune of 45-3 on Monday night football. They went into Foxboro in January and beat the Patriots. 28-21. With Mark Sanchez at QB...

MEGA SWATT

so you think NE has the same defense as the Bengals??:kubepalm:

Maddict5
01-05-2013, 06:53 PM
still dont care

MEGA SWATT
I posted this in the game thread but....

look at the 2010/11 season. The Jets got embarrassed by the Pats to the tune of 45-3 on Monday night football. They went into Foxboro in January and beat the Patriots. 28-21. With Mark Sanchez at QB...

:fingergun::fingergun::fingergun:

ATXtexanfan

Lol, Brady is waiting. 21-0 first qtr

GlenRice
01-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Please go for it on 4th down when you 1 yard to go instead of pointless FG and no more stupid screen passes.

MEGA SWATT
01-05-2013, 06:55 PM

Wow, sorry no offense and don't mean to name call but............................................neg ative nancy.

Mr. Texan
01-05-2013, 06:55 PM
i sat through the 2-14 season wishing the team would be as competitive as the team we have now.

back to back afc south champs. back to back playoff wins. i'll take it.

whatever happens, happens.

EllisUnit
01-05-2013, 06:56 PM

Well then leave the forum and dont watch the game. What you wanna do, either watch the game and hope we win. Or declare us dead already and dont bother watching.

Lord people some of you are impossible to make happy.

htownfan32

It's your prerogative to be cynical about this team, but I wouldn't ever cynically wish my team luck. I'm going to be cheering from home for us to beat NE. Yes, could we have done things better? Definitely. Redzone woes bother me a bit. But we won today, and that's going to do some stuff for our team's confidence. Our D played like our D, and hell, even the offense clicked MUCH MUCH more than it has recently. I see a team that's gotten off that skid it was on last weekend.

I'm praying and hoping and cheering for them to win next weekend. I don't care if it's NE or the Chiefs - I'm going to support this team.

ATXtexanfan
Enjoy this one for a little while. Geez. At least we have a chance for redemption instead of no chance at all.

Enjoy what? A win.vs cinci? What dis you enjoy after last game vs NE. Same old Texans today

GlenRice

It might get ugly next Sunday

dc_txtech
01-05-2013, 06:57 PM

Maybe you should cry like a little girl about it? That might help.

Showtime100
01-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Yeah i live next to a bengals fan, he and his wife and kids are from ohio. We are really good friends, and last season his 2nd favorite team was the texans until we beat them.

Now he just sent me a message saying we're not welcome at their house anymore haha (he's kidding) but its funny.

I like this, just from a friendship kind of viewpoint...lol.

Maddict5
01-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Enjoy what? A win.vs cinci? What dis you enjoy after last game vs NE. Same old Texans today

handled one of the most talented lines (on both sides) today. we'll run the ball on NE if they play like today

htownfan32
01-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Please go for it on 4th down when you 1 yard to go instead of pointless FG and no more stupid screen passes.

I was frustrated by this too, but I saw why - our D was red hot and absolutely stifling the Bengals. Pinning them down in their territory with a punt is much smarter than giving them a short field, especially with the way the D was killing it out there.

GlenRice
01-05-2013, 06:59 PM
i sat through the 2-14 season wishing the team would be as competitive as the team we have now.

back to back afc south champs. back to back playoff wins. i'll take it.

whatever happens, happens.

This is why Houston teams can't win championship. They have a looser fan base who's happy with whatever they get. plus the media is soft as **** on the teams. Looser mentality gets you looser teams.

Just thank god for Hakeem

Hervoyel
Already with the unhappiness? Jezzzz. Can't we wait at least until tommorow for this?

It's not like the win displeases me. I'm not unhappy they won or anything like that. I just wasn't going to breakout the fireworks and fire up the margarita machine over a home win against the Bengals. Particularly not a home win where the Texans could only muster one touchdown.... again.

Nothing's is fixed. The defense held down another fair-to-good team at home. Big deal, that's easily done. Lets see them save our asses in New England next week. That will be a real trick. Even if we get the same effort from the defense and Arian Foster shows up like he did today we still aren't going to win against the Patriots with Schaub playing the way he has for the last 5-6 games.

Schaub was lousy.

PockyAF
Cinci isn't NE
stfu

EllisUnit
I like this, just from a friendship kind of viewpoint...lol.

yeah he is in the air force, we have all become really good friends. Funny we have beaten them 2 years in a row in the play-offs since we met.

Hervoyel
01-05-2013, 07:00 PM
Is is why Houston teams can't win championship. They have a looser fan base who's happy with whatever they get. plus the media is soft as **** on the teams. Looser mentality gets you looser teams.

Yes, we are Texans fans. We are "loose".

Seņor Stan
yeah he is in the air force, we have all become really good friends. Funny we have beaten them 2 years in a row in the play-offs since we met.

Make friends with a Patriots fan....QUICK!!!!

htownfan32
Is is why Houston teams can't win championship. They have a looser fan base who's happy with whatever they get. plus the media is soft as **** on the teams. Looser mentality gets you looser teams.

I don't think the 'loser' fanbase was happy with what it saw the past 1-3 weeks now. Texans fans have learned to have expectations from their team. They came through today with a W.

GlenRice
I was frustrated by this too, but I saw why - our D was red hot and absolutely stifling the Bengals. Pinning them down in their territory with a punt is much smarter than giving them a short field, especially with the way the D was killing it out there.

Well I'm talking about next week against the pats. FG will kill this team next week.

Mr. Texan
01-05-2013, 07:01 PM

yeah because fans dictate what happens on the field......

philly is harder on their teams than anyone and what championships have they won?

ObsiWan

Speaking of which, Lewis is still Oh-fer in the playoffs. We're 2-1. I'd rather be here than a Bengals fan.

And Brady ain't invincible either.

I sure hope that our defense isn't as scared crapless of the Pats as some of you guys are.

PockyAF
still not happy 01-05-2013 07:00 PM Hervoyel Charming. Do us all a favor and you STFU.

lol.

Just got ex-mod negged by father time.

Not even mad. Not even gonna neg back. lol.

Goodwrench3
01-05-2013, 07:02 PM
The penalties almost cost the win for us, but the D played great.

AMartin56
01-05-2013, 07:02 PM
I'm not bouncing off the walls either but I'm glad they won. If nothing else it's another week were I can tell Cowboy fans to suck it (I don't live in Houston).

Showtime100
01-05-2013, 07:03 PM
Anybody get the impression NBC is thrilled to get on with the REAL game? Holy crap.

RTP2110
Cinci isn't NE

You're right. Cinci's defense is way better.

eriadoc
Yes, we are Texans fans. We are "loose".

After years of getting .... well, never mind.

mariowillshine15
01-05-2013, 07:05 PM
Anybody get the impression NBC is thrilled to get on with the REAL game? Holy crap.

AP! AP! AP! Did'nt you hear? AP!

ATXtexanfan
01-05-2013, 07:05 PM
Hell ****ing yeah I'm happy with a wild card win!! WHy wouldn't I be??

I hate the fact that we had to play a wild card game and lost home field advantage, but that's the situation we got ourselves in. They took care of business and have the opportunity to get their confidence back now. Will they? Who knows, but all that matters is winning the next game. Any other game before next week doesn't matter. Not even the one we just played. It's one game at a time, and there is no way I'd be upset after just winning a playoff game. We won the damn game. Be happy that we're at least in position to make noise in the playoffs instead of looking for reasons to be mad at this team when we just won a playoff game.

So you seen enough today to expect us to win at NE. Same old Texans today bro. How much you got on texans at NE? A dollar?

EllisUnit
01-05-2013, 07:06 PM

hmmmm you must mean the jaguars i mean the browns, i mean the lions, i mean the bengals, i mean the Redskins, i mean the vikings, i mean the chiefs, i mean the rams, i mean the cardinals, i mean the dolphins

Cause we have had more success than these teams in our existence.

ATXtexanfan
01-05-2013, 07:08 PM
handled one of the most talented lines (on both sides) today. we'll run the ball on NE if they play like today

Really? You think our lines will.dominate NE? Even if they do you think Brady will kick fgs to keep it close?

Texecutioner
01-05-2013, 07:09 PM
So you seen enough today to expect us to win at NE. Same old Texans today bro. How much you got on texans at NE? A dollar?

No, I don't "expect" them to win against NE. NE has a HOF QB and arguably the best coach of all time. If we lose the Patriots I won't jump off a bridge. But I certainly won't act like we're failures either.

Again, if you can't be happy over winning a playoff game, then why root for any team. That's the whole point. It's one thing to ***** and not be happy when your 8-8 team wins their last game of the season and you're a perrenial loser, but this is the 2nd season in a row that the Texans have won a wild card game in their first two playoff seasons. I will enjoy it and be proud of my team today. We are capable of beating the Patriots and we can beat them. We probably won't, but for you to have zero confidence at all in your team is pretty sad.

MEGA SWATT
01-05-2013, 07:09 PM

Dude, gets some counseling bro.......seriously........

We won. Anything can happen bro, in the next game.

ATXtexanfan
01-05-2013, 07:10 PM
so you think NE has the same defense as the Bengals??:kubepalm:

Um good enough to get to a 28-0 lead right?

MEGA SWATT
01-05-2013, 07:12 PM

so as long as you beat a team once, the next game is going to go exactly like that .......hmmm you're crazy:fingergun:

Showtime100
01-05-2013, 07:12 PM

Please forgive the question, nothing to do with the topic. Did you folks get any snow accumulation up there in Leander?

(again, sorry)

Wolf
01-05-2013, 07:14 PM
Goodness, we can't just enjoy the moment. it can't be healthy for some of y'all . I think we screwed the pooch by not winning the no. 1 seed, but relaxed a bit and enjoyed the moment.

Houston has only hosted 7 playoff games EVER

ATXtexanfan
01-05-2013, 07:15 PM
No, I don't "expect" them to win against NE. NE has a HOF QB and arguably the best coach of all time. If we lose the Patriots I won't jump off a bridge. But I certainly won't act like we're failures either.

Again, if you can't be happy over winning a playoff game, then why root for any team. That's the whole point. It's one thing to ***** and not be happy when your 8-8 team wins their last game of the season and you're a perrenial loser, but this is the 2nd season in a row that the Texans have won a wild card game in their first two playoff seasons. I will enjoy it and be proud of my team today. We are capable of beating the Patriots and we can beat them. We probably won't, but for you to have zero confidence at all in your team is pretty sad.

Well they did put that zero confidence in me. Fgs bro, fgs. Same today as last few weeks. Fgs won't beat Brady. My expectations exceed yours. Wildcard wins are cute but the ballers are waiting. So if we get run off the field again are you satisfied?

ATXtexanfan
01-05-2013, 07:16 PM
so as long as you beat a team once, the next game is going to go exactly like that .......hmmm you're crazy:fingergun:

You think this team has gotten better since then? Didn't see it today

Showtime100
01-05-2013, 07:17 PM
Goodness, we can't just enjoy the moment. it can't be healthy for some of y'all . I think we screwed the pooch by not winning the no. 1 seed, but relaxed a bit and enjoyed the moment.

Houston has only hosted 7 playoff games EVER

I KNOW Kerrville got snow...lol. :snowday:

ATXtexanfan
01-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Please forgive the question, nothing to do with the topic. Did you folks get any snow accumulation up there in Leander?

(again, sorry)

No, just a little sleet. A lot of rain

Mailman
01-05-2013, 07:19 PM
Cinci isn't NE

Nor were they Baltimore last year, but the Texans won a close won last year against the Bengals then played much better on the road against Baltimore with Yates at QB. I prefer to be in the underdog role against NE. They respond too well to all perceived slights.

b0ng
**** you OP.

Nawzer
I expect the Texans to be demolished by the Pats. And it's not even about the HFA but more about what I saw today.

ATXtexanfan
01-05-2013, 07:20 PM
Dude, gets some counseling bro.......seriously........

We won. Anything can happen bro, in the next game.

Yeah anything can happen. Or a trend will be a trend

Texanmike02
Not happy with what exactly? Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that we lose next week. We will have won 13 games this year, all of our key pieces come back and we are not in salary cap hell. Rumors of AJs demise have obviously been exaggerated and we will have our second best defensive player back. Dude think about that. Brian Cushing would instantly be the best defensive player on all but ,maybe 4 or 5 teams in the league. We are one of those teams. Is it Superbowl or bust? Do you think this was the window? Its shut now? Why not list key players on this team that are on the wrong side of 30? Pretty short list. Last year we cracked the window a little bit, we aren't shutting it any time soon. If you are disappointed I get that, but all of the bitching? Seriously? Do people just not remember wondering when we would finally win a game?

This isn't like the Browns one and out and wait a decade, we are a contender for the forseeable future. Wonder where DTE is..

Mike

Texecutioner
Well they did put that zero confidence in me. Fgs bro, fgs. Same today as last few weeks. Fgs won't beat Brady. My expectations exceed yours. Wildcard wins are cute but the ballers are waiting. So if we get run off the field again are you satisfied?

No, I won't be satisfied, but I won't act like our team stinks either. I'll be enjoying watching my team compete in the 2nd round of the playoffs for the 2nd season in a row. We've got a HC that I think we'll always hold us back, but I'll enjoy the ride. I won't sit here like some whiney ass just because I don't think we're as good as the Patriots knowing we can still pull off a win if we play our best game. That's what it will take. Will we do it? Probably not, but I'll be excited to watch us try. With you, the season is already over and there is no reason to even watch, because it's impossible that we could possibly win. I don't know why you even care about this team if you can't be happy to see them give it their best shot in the playoffs. And as far as the Wild Card game goes, that's one extra Texans game I get to watch. We won, and any playoff victory is a big win.

EllisUnit
01-05-2013, 07:21 PM
I expect the Texans to be demolished by the Pats. And it's not even about the HFA but more about what I saw today.

Yeah that defense left me with no hope as well, i mean not dominate at all. Looked slow and sloppy gave up a million 3rd downs, i feel ya :kitten:

TexanSam
01-05-2013, 07:21 PM
**** this fanbase is depressing. Yeah, Schaub and the offense wasn't at its best but damn. According to some of you we should just hand New England the win next week

buddyboy
01-05-2013, 07:22 PM

If you think the Texans played their best that game, you're delusional. Your arguments are weak, using NEXT week as an excuse to be mad about THIS week...

MEGA SWATT
01-05-2013, 07:22 PM

Everygame is different, that's why you play the MF game bro. Damn, is it really that hard to understand? What do you want them to do? Forfeit?

GTHO.

EllisUnit
01-05-2013, 07:23 PM
Funny thing is it is all the same fans who were saying we were going to be crushed by the Bengals.

gtexan02
01-05-2013, 07:23 PM
My god even the bengals fans aren't this pathetic. We won a game and the op acts like we just lost 50 to 0. You realize we are 13 and 4 and not 4 and 13 right? I hope you weren't around during 2-14

Surreal McCoy
01-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Maybe you should cry like a little girl about it? That might help.

Too late. :embarrass:

MEGA SWATT
01-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Funny thing is it is all the same fans who were saying we were going to be crushed by the Bengals.

msr

gtexan02
01-05-2013, 07:26 PM
You can tell who all the bandwagon fans are because they're the first ones to start whimpering after games like this. We're playing and winning meaningful games in January. A few years ago we weren't even playingb meaningful games in November. Enjoy this, there are 20+ teams and fan bases who would kill for the chance we have

EllisUnit
01-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Wow this is seriously sad. I mean seriously i think some of you would be happier if the texans had lost. Wow guys this is just sad.

We all griped before because we wanted a competitve team, and since we have gotten one it has only gotten worse.

Question do some of you know that when we have more points and get live to play another day is a good thing.

Ok

The team that scores the most wins, incase my above statment was to complicated for you.

Pantherstang84
01-05-2013, 07:29 PM
This board needs some lithium.

Either the offense is fixed or it isn't. Was it improved from last week? Yes. However, still only one touchdown today. That is still cause for concern. I will still take the win and the Texans live to fight another day. Maybe they will pull a rabbit out of the hat next week in Foxborough. We will see.

Nawzer
01-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Yeah that defense left me with no hope as well, i mean not dominate at all. Looked slow and sloppy gave up a million 3rd downs, i feel ya :kitten:

I'm not fooled by this team . The Bengals had a bad game plan by not going deep enough early. The offense moved the ball well but 1 out of 4 in red zone trips won't cut it against Belichick and Brady. Schaub's performance was Ok but he's going to have play a lot better for us to even be competitive. I'm just being a realist here.

Thorn
01-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Jesus H. Crybabies Christ. I've been bitching about this team as much as anyone, but to start up the bitching one minute after a playoff win?

Some folks here must have choked on their turd sandwhich.

ATXtexanfan
01-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Love you guys but kicking fgs and a pick six did nothing to make me think this team is better. If I had to bet MY MORTGAGE it would be on Brady. Sorry guys.

fiasco west
01-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Jesus H. Crybabies Christ. I've been bitching about this team as much as anyone, but to start up the bitching one minute after a playoff win?

Some folks here must have choked on their turd sandwhich.

I mean really...at least wait 24hours.

drs23
01-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Not happy with what exactly? Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that we lose next week. We will have won 13 games this year, all of our key pieces come back and we are not in salary cap hell. Rumors of AJs demise have obviously been exaggerated and we will have our second best defensive player back. Dude think about that. Brian Cushing would instantly be the best defensive player on all but ,maybe 4 or 5 teams in the league. We are one of those teams. Is it Superbowl or bust? Do you think this was the window? Its shut now? Why not list key players on this team that are on the wrong side of 30? Pretty short list. Last year we cracked the window a little bit, we aren't shutting it any time soon. If you are disappointed I get that, but all of the bitching? Seriously? Do people just not remember wondering when we would finally win a game?

This isn't like the Browns one and out and wait a decade, we are a contender for the forseeable future. Wonder where DTE is..

Mike

I think he's still standing on one foot with his nose in the corner. :D

EllisUnit
01-05-2013, 07:36 PM
Love you guys but kicking fgs and a pick six did nothing to make me think this team is better. If I had to bet MY MORTGAGE it would be on Brady. Sorry guys.

i had a sure bet once and bet my car payment when i was young. And there went my credit.

mariowillshine15
01-05-2013, 07:36 PM

Everybody would take Brady over Schaub. But it's one game. Brady could have a bad game and Schaub could play lights out.

You never know.

EllisUnit
01-05-2013, 07:40 PM
I'm not fooled by this team . The Bengals had a bad game plan by not going deep enough early. The offense moved the ball well but 1 out of 4 in red zone trips won't cut it against Belichick and Brady. Schaub's performance was Ok but he's going to have play a lot better for us to even be competitive. I'm just being a realist here.

Oh you knew their game plan ??? Cool man....

Couldnt of been that the texans played good defense and had good coverage ??? No of course not......:kubepalm:

Showtime100
01-05-2013, 07:41 PM
We all are raising our arms high above our heads, proud as Hell of our Texans, all of us!!!! How can you message board vets not see this???????

We are here and of all the places in the world to vent about out worries, IT WOULD BE HERE! You see how that works?

I love us and am thrilled about today. I'll be back, I need to go to the Bengals board and see how sympathetic they are to our woes.

mariowillshine15
01-05-2013, 07:43 PM
We all are raising our arms high above our heads, proud as Hell of our Texans, all of us!!!! How can you message board vets not see this???????

We are here and of all the places in the world to vent about out worries, IT WOULD BE HERE! You see how that works?

I love us and am thrilled about today. I'll be back, I need to go to the Bengals board and see how sympathetic they are to our woes.

They're probably too busy trying to ship Dalton out of town.

Wolf
01-05-2013, 07:43 PM
I am not sure if this team can win next week

But different match ups different players

ATXtexanfan
01-05-2013, 07:46 PM
**** this fanbase is depressing. Yeah, Schaub and the offense wasn't at its best but damn. According to some of you we should just hand New England the win next week

Depressing or understanding of the situation?

EllisUnit
01-05-2013, 07:48 PM

sorry but if it was rumored the end of the world was coming tomorrow i wouldnt run around like a chicken with my head cut of screaming we're all gonna die, whats the use ?

MEGA SWATT
01-05-2013, 07:49 PM

Depressing

Mailman
01-05-2013, 07:49 PM

Signed,

Guy Who Took Brady's Pats in Survivor Pool Week 2 Vs Arizona at NE

Surreal McCoy
01-05-2013, 07:50 PM

The vast majority on this board wanted to do that this week - the reaction is hardly surprising. :smiliepalm:

EllisUnit
01-05-2013, 07:51 PM
Lord i cant wait until we suck again so i dont have to hear all of this crying :foottap:

ATXtexanfan
01-05-2013, 07:55 PM
Lord i cant wait until we suck again so i dont have to hear all of this crying :foottap:

You seen your prediction thread lol

EllisUnit
01-05-2013, 07:56 PM
You seen your prediction thread lol

ewww i already know everyone who will be negative and then the ones who wont. It is an easy trend to spot regardless of how good we are playing.

TexansBull
01-05-2013, 07:58 PM
OP, get the sand out of your vag. Misery loves company but after our second playoff win in franchise history do you need to really spread your doom and gloom? Let the rest of us enjoy while you sulk.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Khari
01-05-2013, 07:58 PM
i'm happy.......me being happy...> :hurrah:

Giant Tiger
01-05-2013, 08:02 PM
It's not like the win displeases me. I'm not unhappy they won or anything like that. I just wasn't going to breakout the fireworks and fire up the margarita machine over a home win against the Bengals. Particularly not a home win where the Texans could only muster one touchdown.... again.

Nothing's is fixed. The defense held down another fair-to-good team at home. Big deal, that's easily done. Lets see them save our asses in New England next week. That will be a real trick. Even if we get the same effort from the defense and Arian Foster shows up like he did today we still aren't going to win against the Patriots with Schaub playing the way he has for the last 5-6 games.

Schaub was lousy.

This is pretty much how I feel, too. It's good we won, but we shouldn't have been playing today. Next week we'll probably be playing the weather & the officials, too. Beating the Patriots is tough enough without other factors. Guess I just don't want to turn into that Titans fan who used to brag that his team was better than ours. What have they ever done?

TexansBull
01-05-2013, 08:08 PM
**** you OP.

end thread.

b0ng
01-05-2013, 08:08 PM

Don't give a **** you started a thread to discuss some garbage. Basically I hope you never start another thread again.

ATXtexanfan
01-05-2013, 08:13 PM
sorry but if it was rumored the end of the world was coming tomorrow i wouldnt run around like a chicken with my head cut of screaming we're all gonna die, whats the use ?
Brady would save the day bro

EllisUnit
01-05-2013, 08:14 PM

oh man your not an NFL ref are you ???

ATXtexanfan
01-05-2013, 08:14 PM
Don't give a **** you started a thread to discuss some garbage. Basically I hope you never start another thread again.

So you gonna refresh next week? After the game.

TexansBull
01-05-2013, 08:15 PM

Schaub was lousy.

Offense gets you to the playoffs. Defense win championships. If our offense is average, and our defense is dominate I will take our chances.

The Texans won't be the first team to be an underdog that is capable of pulling an upset. It happens all the time in the playoffs.

Remember Seattle and New Orleans a couple years back?

ANY. GIVEN. SUNDAY. (or Saturday...)

2012Champs
01-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Cinci isn't NE

Miserable people are miserable

b0ng
01-05-2013, 08:19 PM
So you gonna refresh next week? After the game.

Your opinions are crap and this thread proves it. Go post on chron.com where you can discuss with people of your own mindset.

TexansBull
01-05-2013, 08:21 PM

And there it is. Brady fan boy looking for attention. Don't waste your time people. Just another poster that's looking for attention. A typical 50 year old guy living in his mom's basement with a poster of Brady wanting to run his hands through his hair staring dreamely into his eyes...

:kubepalm:

Showtime100
01-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Miserable people are miserable

I love you posts today. It show great enthusiasm for our team and on that I sincerely salute you, no kidding.

I just want to say we are not miserable, but nervous. Rightfully so. We can now say we have been here before, we want more. In 2012 Baltimore seemed more beatable that New England does now. I, for one, have doubts we improve on last year. That isn't a positive in my book. Not so much a negative, but certainly not a positive.

bckey
01-05-2013, 08:25 PM

Somebody hacked your account. You are an absolute dumba$$ now. A couple of years ago you were at least level headed.

gtexan02
01-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Somebody hacked your account. You are an absolute dumba$$ now. A couple of years ago you were at least level headed.

Ban hammer. No place for posts like this on this board

2012Champs
01-05-2013, 08:28 PM
I love you posts today. It show great enthusiasm for our team and on that I sincerely salute you, no kidding.

I just want to say we are not miserable, but nervous. Rightfully so. We can now say we have been here before, we want more. In 2012 Baltimore seemed more beatable that New England does now. I, for one, have doubts we improve on last year. That isn't a positive in my book. Not so much a negative, but certainly not a positive.

There is a huge difference between nervous and doom and gloom, negative nancy, bitching seconds after a win and calling next week's results now.

b0ng
01-05-2013, 08:29 PM
Ban hammer. No place for posts like this on this board

backseat moderating. good job.

Surreal McCoy
01-05-2013, 08:29 PM

WTF man. Seriously. :foottap:

fiasco west
01-05-2013, 08:30 PM

So just because he's going to enjoy a playoff win for at least a day he's dumb?

Showtime100
01-05-2013, 08:31 PM
There is a huge difference between nervous and doom and gloom, negative nancy, bitching seconds after a win and calling next week's results now.

Ok, well, I tried to be nice. :D

EllisUnit
01-05-2013, 08:32 PM
I actually agree with what Tex said, some fans seem happier when the texans are losing, not all but if ur happy when we lose and mad when we win. ummmm thats like a guy who likes to dress up in dresses, paint his nails and likes boys. Its obvious to everyone but he still wont admit it. Get where i'm going with this.

Texecutioner
01-05-2013, 08:40 PM

Lol! I'm a dumbass for celebrating a win for my team? Good god, you guys are pathetic.

Well I guess that makes you a dead soul with a miserable existence. Don't ever call yourself a fan though. I'll make sure to remember this label you gave me for celebrating my team's victory in the playoffs. I'm happy we won and I'll be happy to watch them next week. You, you'll be hoping we lose just so you can come to this board to call us fans dumbasses. Go root for the Cowboys.

ATXtexanfan
01-05-2013, 08:40 PM
anyone see dungy and harrison blow us off as having a chance next week?

Mailman
01-05-2013, 08:42 PM

Yeah that was laughable. I'm a homer but by any objective measure it's preposterous to simply write off a 13-win NFL team as having no chance against a 12-win team at home. Ridiculous.

Txn_in_Oki
01-05-2013, 08:43 PM
So what would make you happy OP? It wasn't a dominant performance but a win is a win. Would 16-0 make you happy or would you find something wrong with that too?

Sounds like you'd make a good Giants fan. All the doom and gloom I've heard out of those guys, and then when they win the big one it's all "I knew they could do it the whole time".

Texecutioner
01-05-2013, 08:44 PM
I actually agree with what Tex said, some fans seem happier when the texans are losing, not all but if ur happy when we lose and mad when we win. ummmm thats like a guy who likes to dress up in dresses, paint his nails and likes boys. Its obvious to everyone but he still wont admit it. Get where i'm going with this.

Shoot man, I'll criticize the HC and certain players, but I'll always support my team in a playoff run. How the hell can you call yourself a fan if you won't even root for your team in the playoffs?? These guys really are more happy when they've got a miserable team with terrible players just so they can talk about how bad they are. Sorry, but I don't understand that at all. I hate complaining about my team even though I've done it many times. I'll enjoy a playoff run though. I don't even know why some of these guys are even watching football at this point. It's obviously way to traumatic for them.

Pantherstang84
We just need Texans Talk letter jackets. Maybe that will help the camaraderie around here.

TexansBull

Its an insecurity issue. They hate to be wrong about anything, even about being a fan of a sports team, and have to be the "I told you so guy." Its been diagnosed as the smallitus penisitus syndrome.

Big Lou
01-05-2013, 08:45 PM
Come on man enjoy the moment. Geez.

Surreal McCoy
Lol! I'm a dumbass for celebrating a win for my team? Good god, you guys are pathetic.

Well I guess that makes you a dead soul with a miserable existence. Don't ever call yourself a fan though. I'll make sure to remember this label you gave me for celebrating my team's victory in the playoffs. I'm happy we won and I'll be happy to watch them next week. You, you'll be hoping we lose just so you can come to this board to call us fans dumbasses. Go root for the Cowboys.

And therein lies the problem. This is not an isolated incident or sentiment. Great post, btw.

Showtime100

Yes! .....and I got the warm fuzzies. I think we are better in this spot than "the newcomer" or the "favorite."

Count us out. DO IT!!

Remember Luv Ya Blue in a playoff in Miami??....San Diego???? (ok, pittsburgh not so much).

EllisUnit
01-05-2013, 08:46 PM
Shoot man, I'll criticize the HC and certain players, but I'll always support my team in a playoff run. How the hell can you call yourself a fan if you won't even root for your team in the playoffs?? These guys really are more happy when they've got a miserable team with terrible players just so they can talk about how bad they are. Sorry, but I don't understand that at all. I hate complaining about my team even though I've done it many times. I'll enjoy a playoff run though. I don't even know why some of these guys are even watching football at this point. It's obviously way to traumatic for them.

Agree 100%. Mind bogiling TBH. We win the complain, we lose they complain less, we get blown they complain less.

We win it all well we will see how they react once that happens.

Texecutioner
01-05-2013, 08:46 PM
WTF man. Seriously. :foottap:

So just because he's going to enjoy a playoff win for at least a day he's dumb?

More and more the band wagoners are showing their faces. Just enjoy the amusement. I'll be damned if I let any of these whiners ruin my parade after a hard fought playoff victory. Let them rot in depression for all I care. I understand the whole SB or bust mentality when your team has been a consistent winner and all, but if you don't get there it doesn't make your team a total failure. Only one team can win every year. A strong season over all and fun playoff run isn't a bad deal when it's our 2nd playoff season. Maybe I'll be ticked next week if we lose in a horrible fascion, but for today, I'll enjoy our victory like every fan should.

Ryan
01-05-2013, 08:48 PM
In before the inevitable lock this thread will receive. I think we have a shot against the Pats if our defense plays like this and we finish the job in the redzone. I'm happy my team won unlike some people in here.

fiasco west
01-05-2013, 08:49 PM

Of course.

Once the playoffs started those two guys have been drooling for their 56th Brady-Manning matchup.

If the Texans lose, I hope whoever plays the Broncos wins just so it doesn't happen. Half of the media have already crossed out every other team in the AFC.

EllisUnit
01-05-2013, 08:49 PM
More and more the band wagoners are showing their faces. Just enjoy the amusement.

funny thing is our bandwagoners are kinda backwards, most show who they are once u start losing, ours show up when we start winning. I guess that makes us unique :kitten:

GP
01-05-2013, 08:50 PM
The people who are saying the OP is classless are acting like classless people, too.

Just sayin'...

Tex, you've been generalizing and categorizing fans lately...it looks bad. Just let it go, man. You don't have to police the whole damn board and make people were badges so that we all know which people you want locked away.

People sometimes want to vent. You can ignore them or you can reply without the insults, man.

Thorn
01-05-2013, 08:50 PM
So this is what we're like with a little success eh?

Ryan
01-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Of course.

Once the playoffs started those two guys have been drooling for their 56th Brady-Manning matchup.

If the Texans lose, I hope whoever plays the Broncos wins just so it doesn't happen. Half of the media have already crossed out every other team in the AFC.

We'll know the results beforehand. We are the last game next week I believe.

Big Lou
01-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Yes! .....and I got the warm fuzzies. I think we are better in this spot than "the newcomer" or the "favorite."

Count us out. DO IT!!

Remember Luv Ya Blue in a playoff in Miami??....San Diego???? (ok, pittsburgh not so much).

I was loving that, when they wrote US off!

Harrison was a cheap shot artist when he played so he can suck it.

Wolf
01-05-2013, 08:53 PM

True,sometimes it was easier when we were losing

ATXtexanfan
In before the inevitable lock this thread will receive. I think we have a shot against the Pats if our defense plays like this and we finish the job in the redzone. I'm happy my team won unlike some people in here.

finish in the redzone is the end all be all. but we cant get it right. hell why cant we score from 20+ out to eliminate the red zone woes?

ATXtexanfan
True,sometimes it was easier when we were losing

you mean lower expectations

Big Lou
01-05-2013, 08:54 PM

The commentators were blasting the fan base, the players seem to be hearing the fans anger. I get it, but I don't want Houston to be Philly South.

bckey
No its because of the comments you make to fans of the Texans like this:

More and more the band wagoners are showing their faces. Just enjoy the amusement.

GP
I was loving that, when they wrote US off!

Harrison was a cheap shot artist when he played so he can suck it.

It doesn't mean his prediction is wrong.

They're both playing the odds. Did you not see the first game on Monday night? It was a total dismantling of the Texans.

Why would either of them pick FOR us?

I'd begin to question their logic if they picked us.

GP
01-05-2013, 08:56 PM
I agree with bckey.

There's been too much berating of fans by fellow fans on here.

I think a lot of that is misplaced anger. Can't really do anything about the dwindling state of this franchise...so let's just take it out on fellow fans.

Wolf
01-05-2013, 08:57 PM
you mean lower expectations
No, I mean we didnt blow out the bengals and yeah we left a lot of points on the field, but bitching about it his quickly is not healthy. Madden games has ruined fans

EllisUnit
01-05-2013, 08:58 PM
I agree with bckey.

I think a lot of that is misplaced anger. Can't really do anything about the dwindling state of this franchise...so let's just take it out on fellow fans.

i dont call out people are down people very often, but some people are getting bashed for being happy for the texans. Like we arent supposed to be happy they won. So some are retaliating. I have never seen a bigger devide among the fans here. We were all so unified when we sucked haha

imatexan
01-05-2013, 08:59 PM
I agree with bckey.

Dwindling state of this franchise?

LOL you are a joke.

I saw 71,000 fans having a great time tonight enjoying the Texans playoff WIN, it's only good positivity right now for Texans fans.

You internet tough guys must still be in hiding, thanks for the great time tonight to all the actual Texans fans at Reliant.

Showtime100
I agree with bckey.

Wait 'til they get a load of me.........

:D :D

Love all of us disfuctional Texans, no kidding. My adrenaline has waned after the game, whew!!

ObsiWan
The people who are saying the OP is classless are acting like classless people, too.

Just sayin'...

Tex, you've been generalizing and categorizing fans lately...it looks bad. Just let it go, man. You don't have to police the whole damn board and make people were badges so that we all know which people you want locked away.

People sometimes want to vent. You can ignore them or you can reply without the insults, man.

First, he called out Tex.
Second, what is there to vent about? Unless they're pissed because we won....?

Texecutioner
01-05-2013, 09:00 PM

Just sayin'...

Sorry, but if you flip flop on your own team in the best season of their existence, and can't even be happy that they won a playoff game, then THAT IS BAD. Shoot I've bitched and bitched about this team for years. So we had a bad end to a great regular season?? So what. Things don't always go perfectly. The Giants won the SB with an 8-8 season and a 9-7 season when hardly anyone gave their team a shot. I don't think we can do that, but it's not impossible. Stranger things have happened.

But spare me with this bull**** about me labeling anyone especially when I'm being called names for being happy about a win. If you can't be happy about a playoff win, then I don't think you're a fan. That defeats the entire purpose of being a fan. Getting to the playoffs is the first goal to a season. Then winning in the playoffs is next. We've done both so far. I don't hear you bitching about these people bashing our team with every post or the guy that calls me a dumbass because I'm happy about our team's victory. So, don't give me this BS about it "looking bad." I'm tired of hearing so called fans flip flopping on whether they want to support the team every week. That's as fair weather as it gets. We had a 12-4 season. Not a 7-9 or 4-12 season. I hate Kubiak with all I got as a HC. A part of me thinks we'll never win anything with that guy, but I can't do anything about that. I'll have to deal with him as a HC. But if we're in the playoffs, I'll be rooting on Gary and the team either way. I'd love for Gary Kubiak to prove me wrong. You want to ***** about everything wrong with the team and act like we suck then at least wait until the off season. Doing it in the playoffs when we win is pathetic.

BullNation4Life
01-05-2013, 09:01 PM

Can't be happy about a team that has only scored 2 TDs in the last 3 games. let me say that again, 2 F'ing TDs in the last 3 games. You think FGs are going to beat an elite team like NE, but no be happy with a win over a mediocre Bengals team...

So there is a hell of allot more to say, and it isn't good. The farce that is the Houston Texans ends next week...

ATXtexanfan
01-05-2013, 09:02 PM
And there it is. Brady fan boy looking for attention. Don't waste your time people. Just another poster that's looking for attention. A typical 50 year old guy living in his mom's basement with a poster of Brady wanting to run his hands through his hair staring dreamely into his eyes...

:kubepalm:

man i remember when i was just a dumbass texan fan in the austin area that thought carr was a good qb. man so many long drives back to leander (4hrs) after another texan loss just to be called a BRADY FAN living in his moms basement. yeah i was there for packers and vikings this year. just to ride home wondering why i waste my time. sold the other games to pay for playoffs. sold that one too cause had to work this morning. did i say schaub sucks

EllisUnit
01-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Can't be happy about a team that has only scored 2 TDs in the last 3 games. let me say that again, 2 F'ing TDs in the last 3 games.

So there is a hell of allot more to say, and it isn't good...

Defense could score 10 TDs in the play offs and the offense zero, and we could win the superbowl. So who really cares how win as long as we win, and all i see is a team that is now 1-0 with 2 more games to go to get to the big dance.

fiasco west
01-05-2013, 09:04 PM
I agree with bckey.

Maybe we are not the Steelers or Patriots or Packers....but dwindling?

The franchise as a whole has been moving forward, slowly gaining respect. I remember a time when some people didn't even know the Texans were a NFL team, couldn't name a player on the team, would lock the team into the top 10 of every draft...

I think a fan has every right to enjoy this, it may not last forever. Fans get spoiled. The moment this team goes back to being horrible (which is likely to happen as it happens with every franchise.) we'll all be wishing and hoping for the team just to make the playoffs and be relevant again.

Now i'm not saying be satisfied with only winning one playoff game a year...but enjoy the playoff years while you can. Some teams like the Bills can only look back YEARS ago to a period where they even made the playoffs.

Most fans are spoiled though. You let them win one playoff game and the next they are expecting a dynasty. I see Giants fans complaining about this and that and all I'm thinking is "Wow...they won two super bowls recently..."

ATXtexanfan
01-05-2013, 09:04 PM
i like TEX, not saying anything just saying

ObsiWan
01-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Wait 'til they get a load of me.........

:D :D

Love all of us disfuctional Texans, no kidding. My adrenaline has waned after the game, whew!!

Come on Ace, you gotta use the visual
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiuz6Zwrf-RdW0v6TzviaICx9WcrD-KV1__QM6-OXbHc-HF02oGw

Ryan
01-05-2013, 09:06 PM
finish in the redzone is the end all be all. but we cant get it right. hell why cant we score from 20+ out to eliminate the red zone woes?

I don't think it's statistically probable for us to be that bad in the redzone continually, so i'm staying optimistic. I think our problem is always starting out with a run on 1st down if we are there. If we are in the 5 or so then by all means I think that's the right call, but it's generally more difficult for holes to open up in the redzone, and I think it can be a wasted play. Then you have the inevitable Schaub 4 yard out play and you're stuck on 3rd and 5 or 6 seemingly every time on a condensed field. I think we need to open up the play calling just a bit more in that area.

Showtime100
Come on Ace, you gotta use the visual
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiuz6Zwrf-RdW0v6TzviaICx9WcrD-KV1__QM6-OXbHc-HF02oGw

Lol, I should have. Can't rep, msr

imatexan
Can't be happy about a team that has only scored 2 TDs in the last 3 games. let me say that again, 2 F'ing TDs in the last 3 games. You think FGs are going to beat an elite team like NE, but no be happy with a win over a mediocre Bengals team...

So there is a hell of allot more to say, and it isn't good. The farce that is the Houston Texans ends next week...

How about you end this week and stop posting?

Thanks.

BullNation4Life
Defense could score 10 TDs in the play offs and the offense zero, and we could win the superbowl. So who really cares how win as long as we win, and all i see is a team that is now 1-0 with 2 more games to go to get to the big dance.

You keep living that little dream of yours...reality is about to kick your teeth in next week. You cannot, repeat CANNOT beat a team like NE on scoring 2 TDs in 12 quarters....

Texans won, yeah but still showed absolutely nothing in improving their red zone problems...

they just prolonged the inevitability one more week...

Texecutioner
No its because of the comments you make to fans of the Texans like this:

You guys come in here and bash our team and the rest of us after we win. Not in the regular season though, but in the playoffs! You can go root for some other team if you can't be happy when we're having success.

BullNation4Life
01-05-2013, 09:09 PM
How about you end this week and stop posting?

Thanks.

why, so you can live in your fantasy world about a team that choked their best way to the Super Bowl away? About a team that has not been good for 7 weeks and comes up with a win against a mediocre team in the Wildcard?

can't handle the truth, then block me, don't give a damn but facts are facts and the fact is, the Texans offense is in serious trouble next week...

Thanks

bckey
01-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Maybe we are not the Steelers or Patriots or Packers....but dwindling?

The franchise as a whole has been moving forward, slowly gaining respect. ..."

I actually think we have been losing respect. Prime time losses to GB and NE killed any respect we obtained up to those games. Then the Texans went and blew the #1 seed, a bye week and home field throughout the playoffs. You would be lucky to find anyone picking the Texans and their slowly earned respect over the Patriots next week.

GP
01-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Sorry, but if you flip flop on your own team in the best season of their existence, and can't even be happy that they won a playoff game, then THAT IS BAD. Shoot I've bitched and bitched about this team for years. So we had a bad end to a great regular season?? So what. Things don't always go perfectly. The Giants won the SB with an 8-8 season and a 9-7 season when hardly anyone gave their team a shot. I don't think we can do that, but it's not impossible. Stranger things have happened.

But spare me with this bull**** about me labeling anyone especially when I'm being called names for being happy about a win. If you can't be happy about a playoff win, then I don't think you're a fan. That defeats the entire purpose of being a fan. Getting to the playoffs is the first goal to a season. Then winning in the playoffs is next. We've done both so far. I don't hear you bitching about these people bashing our team with every post or the guy that calls me a dumbass because I'm happy about our team's victory. So, don't give me this BS about it "looking bad." I'm tired of hearing so called fans flip flopping on whether they want to support the team every week. That's as fair weather as it gets. We had a 12-4 season. Not a 7-9 or 4-12 season. I hate Kubiak with all I got as a HC. A part of me thinks we'll never win anything with that guy, but I can't do anything about that. I'll have to deal with him as a HC. But if we're in the playoffs, I'll be rooting on Gary and the team either way. I'd love for Gary Kubiak to prove me wrong. You want to ***** about everything wrong with the team and act like we suck then at least wait until the off season. Doing it in the playoffs when we win is pathetic.

You have been bawling out fans left and right, though.

You say you don't like people ragging on "our" team, and then you go off half-cocked and tell people to basically go to hell and don't come back. I mean, seriously...who made you sheriff of Nottingham around here?

It's getting old. Just stop.

You can rant and rave and justify all you want. Go for it. Do your worst.

ATXtexanfan
01-05-2013, 09:11 PM
any idea on gametime?

imatexan
01-05-2013, 09:11 PM
why, so you can live in your fantasy world about a team that choked their best way to the Super Bowl away? About a team that has not been good for 7 weeks and comes up with a win against a mediocre team in the Wildcard?

can't handle the truth, then block me, don't give a damn but facts are facts and the fact is, the Texans offense is in serious trouble next week...

Thanks

Nope so you can stop pretending to be a fan with the rest of you losers who have nothing better to do then sit on a message board and pretend to be a fan but find anyway to criticize and never actually enjoy the Texans wins.

GP
01-05-2013, 09:12 PM

Thanks

But you're a BAD fan for saying that.

I mean, you're a rotten apple. There's a curb out there that you need to be kicked to. Get the **** out.

Texecutioner
01-05-2013, 09:12 PM

What I want to know is our you going to be happy if somehow we do beat the Patriots?? Would that actually excite you or would you still be bashing the team because they didn't throw for 400 yards or put 4 TD's in the air?? Because if for some reason we do end up winning, it's going to be pretty silly seeing you guys come back in here and act like you want us to win or want to see us make it to a SB. Sure, you can criticize things happening on the field, but you nor anyone else in here was wailing on Schaub every week when we were 10-1. I didn't hardly hear a peep from all these Schaub bashers who now act like he isn't good enough to play in Canada. That's being fair weather to me. You guys keep bringing up NE, but so what if we lose. At least we're able to be in that game and compete in it. Elite teams lose every year in the playoffs. The Packers lost last season after going 15-1 to a 9-7 team that backed into the playoffs. YOu see Packers fans rooting for their team to lose tonight?? Nope. They're right there excited for another possible playoff run this year.

bckey
01-05-2013, 09:13 PM
You guys come in here and bash our team and the rest of us after we win. Not in the regular season though, but in the playoffs! You can go root for some other team if you can't be happy when we're having success. I guess you are the ultimate fan. Nothing bad happens in your sunshine world. You can dictate who is a fan and who isn't. :toropalm:

GP
01-05-2013, 09:14 PM
Nope so you can stop pretending to be a fan with the rest of you losers who have nothing better to do then sit on a message board and pretend to be a fan but find anyway to criticize and never actually enjoy the Texans wins.

Do you think we are going to win next week?

How are we going to win next week?

What are you basing it on, if you think we're going to win next week?

I base my opinions on historical evidence. Stuff I can see with my eyes, not just IF we beat a team like the Bengals or the Jaguars or the Titans.

What's funny is that your type of posts are just as annoying to others as theirs are to you. Makes them no better or worse than you. Right?

BullNation4Life
01-05-2013, 09:18 PM

Stop pretending to be a fan, HAHHHAHHAHAH! Sooo I am suppose to over look the fact that this team has been absolutely atrocious in the Red Zone for the last month to month in a half of football?

How about you kiss the darkest part of my rosey red arse and wake the hell up. I've sat through this thing from day one, sat through a 2-14 season, sat through what 6-7 years of a mediocre HC and a under performing QB. Sat through the last 7 weeks of what was suppose to be a Super Bowl contender, piss away the best chance to get tot he dace because they do not know how to make adjustments on the fly...

I'm not fan.... WTFEB...

bckey
01-05-2013, 09:18 PM
I stated numerous times this week that this is a game that doesn't even matter because the Texans backed their way into this mess. Talk to me when they beat the Patriots and I will be extremely happy. This game is nothing but a wildcard game for a team that should have been on a bye week and home throughout the playoffs. I don't see the silver lining in the win today like you do.

ATXtexanfan
01-05-2013, 09:19 PM
What I want to know is our you going to be happy if somehow we do beat the Patriots?? Would that actually excite you or would you still be bashing the team because they didn't throw for 400 yards or put 4 TD's in the air?? Because if for some reason we do end up winning, it's going to be pretty silly seeing you guys come back in here and act like you want us to win or want to see us make it to a SB. Sure, you can criticize things happening on the field, but you nor anyone else in here was wailing on Schaub every week when we were 10-1. I didn't hardly hear a peep from all these Schaub bashers who now act like he isn't good enough to play in Canada. That's being fair weather to me. You guys keep bringing up NE, but so what if we lose. At least we're able to be in that game and compete in it. Elite teams lose every year in the playoffs. The Packers lost last season after going 15-1 to a 9-7 team that backed into the playoffs. YOu see Packers fans rooting for their team to lose tonight?? Nope. They're right there excited for another possible playoff run this year.

dude its not rooting for us to lose. its knowing we have to play a flawless game against a superior opponent. today did nothing to make me think that flawless game is coming. today was a subpar game vs an inferior opponent. we were expected to win. next game we are expected to lose. WE PULLED OUR STARTERS LAST GAME AT NE, not cause we were winning

GP
01-05-2013, 09:19 PM

Packers fans HAVE BEEN to the Promised Land, Tex. Damn straight they think their guys can do it. Because they HAVE.

Our guys? They've earned the fickle nature of their fans. I haven't just started watching football in the past two years, Tex. Neither has BullNation. Neither has bckey. More than just YOU have seen what GREAT looks like and what less than great looks like.

The Giants are making people think that that's the rule...when it's just the exception. Fewer Cinderella teams like the Giants end up making it to the Super Bowl and then actually winning it. 90% of the time the top teams make it to the Super Bowl.

Every now and then your St. Louis Rams and your New York Giants take conventional wisdom and flip it on its head. Very few teams like those end up shocking the world.

Nobody is WISHING we lose. Who has said that? Show me. Nobody has. But because we're saying that the Pats are going to beat us with rubber hoses and laugh at us? That's more like bracing for the inevitable, which is not anything as evil as what you're pinning on some fans around here, Tex.

And I thought I was a person of extremes....

Texecutioner
01-05-2013, 09:20 PM
You have been bawling out fans left and right, though.

You say you don't like people ragging on "our" team, and then you go off half-cocked and tell people to basically go to hell and don't come back. I mean, seriously...who made you sheriff of Nottingham around here?

It's getting old. Just stop.

You can rant and rave and justify all you want. Go for it. Do your worst.

You guys have this knee jerk reactionary stuff that makes y'all look silly. Sorry, but if you could cheer for a team all season long and call them a great team, but then totally melt down after like two losses "like you have" well nothing will ever be good enough for you. You go from well we're a great team, to our QB is worthless. Lol! Sorry, but that sounds like a child who has a fit when things don't go his way. I remember all of your talk before the season to GP. All about how great these garbage young WR's would be and how confident you were about Martin and Jean this team as a whole. The minute we started to struggle, you jumped off board and you've bashed everything about this team. Sorry, but that's just a flip flop mentality with no real consistency at all. Teams get hot and cold all the time. If you can't be happy that we are in the 2nd round of the playoffs, then why even bother with this team?

toronto
any idea on gametime?

If the Colts win, you can be damn sure that game gets Saturday night primetime treatment vs Peyton.

As for this thread in general, man, you win a playoff game and aren't happy? Its not supposed to be pretty in the playoffs - teams are tougher and fighting for their lives - and got to the playoffs for a reason.

Its a good win and it sure as hell beats a heartbreaking loss.

GP
dude its not rooting for us to lose. its knowing we have to play a flawless game against a superior opponent. today did nothing to make me think that flawless game is coming. today was a subpar game vs an inferior opponent. we were expected to win. next game we are expected to lose. WE PULLED OUR STARTERS LAST GAME AT NE, not cause we were winning

I had just posted that same thing, but he won't think that's what's going down.

No, the judge has banged his gavel. You're guilty!

bigbrewster2000
01-05-2013, 09:24 PM
Dang some of you guys are acting like we freaking lost. No one is saying you can't come on here and criticize the team but dang people try to find a little positive in the win. Half of you guys that are pissed that we won ugly thought we were going to lose the game anyway. Whining to whine is annoying. The defense played their tails off today. That's something to be proud if and point out. Try and enjoy the fact that we didn't blow it at home and that we are one step deeper into the playoffs.

ATXtexanfan
01-05-2013, 09:24 PM
If the Colts win, you can be damn sure that game gets Saturday night primetime treatment vs Peyton.

As for this thread in general, man, you win a playoff game and aren't happy? Its not supposed to be pretty in the playoffs - teams are tougher and fighting for their lives - and got to the playoffs for a reason.

Its a good win and it sure as hell beats a heartbreaking loss.

dude its about improvement heading into NE, which i didnt see today. 10 pages in three hours is a good run lol

BullNation4Life
01-05-2013, 09:26 PM

First off, do your damn research before you throw a blanket statement around, especially about me. I have been pointing out faults with this offense and defense for weeks, well before the playoffs started.

Your statements about the Packers and NE are asinine to say the least. That 9-7 team that beat that 15-1 Packers team would have crushed this Texans team. The Packers are a legit contender THIS year, just like NE is. How do I know, because they absolutely crushed this supposed Super Bowl contender Texans team. that is the BIGGEST difference in these teams. Packers and Pats KNOW they can win a Super Bowl, Texans just HOPE they can get there...

In what blue hell where the Texans even remotely in the game the last time they played NE and in what blue hell do you think they will be in this one? It was 21-0 before the 1st quarter ended.

If by Zeus' beard they happen to pull of the upset of the year, then hey more power to them BUT NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING in the last 7 weeks shows that this offense and this defense can come close to beating NE next week...

so keep living that fantasy, somebody has to...

Wolf
01-05-2013, 09:27 PM
Can't wait until we lose and hear the " I told you so" threads

Yeah that is sarcasm

Texecutioner
01-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Dang some of you guys are acting like we freaking lost. No one is saying you can't come on here and criticize the team but dang people try to find a little positive in the win. Half of you guys that are pissed that we won ugly thought we were going to lose the game anyway. Whining to whine is annoying. The defense played their tails off today. That's something to be proud if and point out. Try and enjoy the fact that we didn't blow it at home and that we are one step deeper into the playoffs.

Our defense didn't even allow a TD today. What was it two FG's they gave up?? Can we do that against NE? Probably not, but these guys in here that will only be happy if we beat NE are so clueless about the past in the playoffs considering the fact that the Patriots offense was horrible last season against the Ravens in the playoffs. It took a dropped pass in the end zone for the Ravens to lose that game. The Pats almost lost to the Jags just two weeks ago. We are capable of winning even with a bad offensive performance like we had today. Probably won't happen, but the Pats great offense has gotten shook several times in the playoffs. We have defense that is capable of being great on any given week. It's been that way all season. Shaky at times and all, but they've been great in many games. One game at a time.

MEGA SWATT
01-05-2013, 09:29 PM
dude its about improvement heading into NE, which i didnt see today

You can't head to NE with a loss. With the way you're carrying on, it might as well be a loss.

Fans like you pray for losses because being right is more important than winning and looking like a dip sheat and getting proved wrong.

GP
01-05-2013, 09:31 PM
You guys have this knee jerk reactionary stuff that makes y'all look silly. Sorry, but if you could cheer for a team all season long and call them a great team, but then totally melt down after like two losses "like you have" well nothing will ever be good enough for you. You go from well we're a great team, to our QB is worthless. Lol! Sorry, but that sounds like a child who has a fit when things don't go his way. I remember all of your talk before the season to GP. All about how great these garbage young WR's would be and how confident you were about Martin and Jean this team as a whole. The minute we started to struggle, you jumped off board and you've bashed everything about this team. Sorry, but that's just a flip flop mentality with no real consistency at all. Teams get hot and cold all the time. If you can't be happy that we are in the 2nd round of the playoffs, then why even bother with this team?

OK, Tex. I'm going to do this ONE TIME for you. ONCE.

1. I was riding high all season. OK?

2. IN the MNF game vs. Jets, people were knee-jerking all the way to the 4th quarter. All game long, from the very start..even at the time of Cushing's injury...I said "We're going to win. No doubt in my mind. We got this. Relax." I said that al game long, believed every word of it. And it happened.

3. MNF game vs. Bears? Same thing. People freaked out, I said "Nope. We got this. It looks ugly, but we got this. We're going to win." We won.

4. Jax game? I was so crazy about this team, I knew we were going to win. Even in OT, I knew we would. We did.

5. Detroit? Same thing. Even when the Lions lined up for the game winning FG in OT...I knew he was going to miss it. Not even one single doubt, he was going to find a way to doink it or shank it. And he did. And we won, just like I knew we would.

6. Something happened in that Lions game. I don't know if it was Schaub's foot, or his mojo was drained or what. Something happened.

7. I predicted we'd lose to the Pats. I knew our only chance was IF the Pats stumbled AND we brought our A+ game all the way from 1st qtr. to the final whistle. Boy, I took an ass chewing from a lot of posters the week leading up to that game. But, I was right. It was fugly.

8. I told people the Vikings were really REALLY probably a tough game for us. I said Gary had it in him to go 1-1 in the last two games. b0ng was trotting out his infamous "Christian Ponder" images and graphs and tried to tell us we shouldn't be scared of him. I knew we were screwed. And we were. Watching that game, I had zero sense that we'd win. How can I know we'd win vs. Jets, Bears, Jax, and Lions...all in those similar "squeaker games" where previously we had outlasted the opponent in a tough game???

9. Colts game. Well, I said "We're screwed. We're not winning HFA." And we didn't.

10. A win in the playoffs vs. the Bengals? I'm glad the fans in Reliant got to see the guys win one. I genuinely am. They deserved to see our guys win one last time because this next one is probably going to be ugly. Again.

So tell me, just because I call it like I see it...I, and others like me, are BAD fans and need to root for other Super Bowl teams because we're so awful???

I think you need to slow down, honestly. People can compartmentalize and put things in boxes: Here's my Bengals win, it goes in this box. But here comes the Patriots...so here's my "Well, we just prolonged the inevitable" box...One doesn't weigh any heavier than the other to us. A win? It was A win. Singular. One win. What happens next? Probably more of what happened [reviously against Brady & Co.

But yeah, they could shrivel up and lay down. It happens. The Jets found that out back a few years ago. But it's not LIKELY.

So put down the gavel. Let people speak.

BullNation4Life
01-05-2013, 09:31 PM

I'll give you a positive, the defense looked like the defense that started this year and played last year and the special teams didn't give up a TD, hooray!

the offense, however looked EXACTLY like it did with TJ Yates at QB, and the problem is they had their starting QB running the offense this go around and only scored 1 red zone TD.

Wolf
01-05-2013, 09:33 PM
I don't know GP you are pretty knee jerk during gameday threads

Texecutioner
01-05-2013, 09:35 PM
First off, do your damn research before you throw a blanket statement around, especially about me. I have been pointing out faults with this offense and defense for weeks, well before the playoffs started.

Your statements about the Packers and NE are asinine to say the least. That 9-7 team that beat that 15-1 Packers team would have crushed this Texans team. The Packers are a legit contender THIS year, just like NE is. How do I know, because they absolutely crushed this supposed Super Bowl contender Texans team. that is the BIGGEST difference in these teams. Packers and Pats KNOW they can win a Super Bowl, Texans just HOPE they can get there...

In what blue hell where the Texans even remotely in the game the last time they played NE and in what blue hell do you think they will be in this one? It was 21-0 before the 1st quarter ended.

If by Zeus' beard they happen to pull of the upset of the year, then hey more power to them BUT NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING in the last 7 weeks shows that this offense and this defense can come close to beating NE next week...

so keep living that fantasy, somebody has to...

I don't give a rat's ass what happened in the last Patriots game. Get over it. That's in the past. All that matters is how we both match up next week. I don't care about who would have beaten the Texans last year out of the Packers or the Giants. The point is that hardly anyone expected the Giants to make that run last season or in their first SB run. NO ONE thought that Eli could make all the clutch plays he did in their first SB run. But guess what!? It happened. It's possible. I don't think we'll win either, but I damn sure won't call it a loss until the game is over. I watch almost every Patriots game and they've got weaknesses all over their defense and their wideout is not that good either. You take Welker out and defend their TE's well, and their offense struggles. Can we do that? Probably not, but it's possible.

And no, you weren't all over this site talking about what pretenders we were when we had one loss. I didn't see all the bashing of this team from you like I do right now. We could have lost 3 out of 4 at the beginning of the year, and would you be happy at this moment now?? I bet you would. But what if we lost in the first round after winning like 8 in a row looking like a hot team??

BullNation4Life
01-05-2013, 09:36 PM
Our defense didn't even allow a TD today. What was it two FG's they gave up?? Can we do that against NE? Probably not, but these guys in here that will only be happy if we beat NE are so clueless about the past in the playoffs considering the fact that the Patriots offense was horrible last season against the Ravens in the playoffs. It took a dropped pass in the end zone for the Ravens to lose that game. The Pats almost lost to the Jags just two weeks ago. We are capable of winning even with a bad offensive performance like we had today. Probably won't happen, but the Pats great offense has gotten shook several times in the playoffs. We have defense that is capable of being great on any given week. It's been that way all season. Shaky at times and all, but they've been great in many games. One game at a time.

clueless says the guy living in the past...Jax also almost beat THIS Texans team so what is your damn point?

You are contradicting yourself at every turn and we are clueless? "We are capable of winning even with a bad offensive performance like we had today. Probably won't happen, but the Pats great offense has gotten shook several times in the playoffs."

you dont' even have confidence in this offense and team by just what you said and yet you blast those who see this team for what it is...

:toropalm:

GP
01-05-2013, 09:36 PM
You can't head to NE with a loss. With the way you're carrying on, it might as well be a loss.

Fans like you pray for losses because being right is more important than winning and looking like a dip sheat and getting proved wrong.

You talked a lot of **** to me in the weeks leading up to our last two games.

And you were wrong both times. And you never once came back and said "Yeah, all those things you said were going to happen...they happened."

I personally dislike you. You come on here and you say such hateful things to people. HATEFUL.

You accuse people of not being real fans. And Tex is doing the same thing. And neither of you think what you're doing is wrong. But it is.

"Fans like you PRAY for losses..."

Seriously? Wow. It sounds like you just don't like being wrong and knowing you were too drunk with Kool Aid to have seen what was coming. Sober up sometime and just listen to others. People have been around here a long time.

I was here when this board first started 10 years ago. Were you? I've talked a lot of football, year round, with people on here. The good, the bad, the indifferent. Rain. Shine. 12 people, total, on here. And now with its hundreds of posters.

I'm seriously pissed off right now.

toronto
01-05-2013, 09:37 PM
dude its about improvement heading into NE, which i didnt see today. 10 pages in three hours is a good run lol

If that's what you need, look at it this way. You played much frigging better today than you did against the Pats a month ago.

Most important was you got back to smashmouth with Foster, which to me is the #1 key to beating NE next week. They can't score if they don't have the ball.

Texecutioner
I guess you are the ultimate fan. Nothing bad happens in your sunshine world. You can dictate who is a fan and who isn't. :toropalm:

Next to you, anyone is the ultimate fan.

I don't claim to be anything. Hell, I've been told I wasn't a fan many times in here, but I was actually bitching because we were a bad team that couldn't even sniff the playoffs. I won't ***** when we're here and actually winning in the playoffs.

fiasco west
90% of the time the top teams make it to the Super Bowl.

Anytime a % is brought up and it is a nice number like 90 you know it is wrong.

Out of the last 5 superbowls, 4 of them have consisted of one playoff team that played in the WC week.

If there is one thing to be sure about in the NFL it is that there are going to be upsets.

dude its about improvement heading into NE, which i didnt see today

Schaub was not sacked.

Defense held Cincy to 6 points

Run game was excellent.

You are telling me this is no different from the Colts or the Minny game? Or the Jags game when Henne lit us up?

GP
01-05-2013, 09:39 PM
I don't know GP you are pretty knee jerk during gameday threads

In the final weeks I wasn't knee jerk. I was commentating on the implosion of this team.

I don't have time for this crap. This is what happens when loud mouth accusers get to say whatever they want, label people however they want, and nobody actually thinks for themselves. No, just go ahead and believe the person with the bullhorn.

LOL.

fiasco west
If that's what you need, look at it this way. You played much frigging better today than you did against the Pats a month ago.

Most important was you got back to smashmouth with Foster, which to me is the #1 key to beating NE next week. They can't score if they don't have the ball.

I've been saying this all month.

Just run the ball and if you are running the ball well, don't stop. Keep Brady off the field.

Foster and the Oline gave me hope today because they didn't do that against some trash defense.

Texecutioner

Oline played great today. I've been one of the only ones bashing the Oline's play lately while everyone else blames Schaub for everything. Our running game was really good today, and people forget that is who we are. That is how we have won all season with running the ball to set up the play action. We had several wins this season just like we had today, and people were fine with it then, because our record looked great. Now it seems that these angry people want us to lose just so they can fly in here and say "I told you so" and ruin our excitement for the playoffs.

BullNation4Life
01-05-2013, 09:40 PM
I don't give a rat's ass what happened in the last Patriots game. Get over it. That's in the past. All that matters is how we both match up next week. I don't care about who would have beaten the Texans last year out of the Packers or the Giants. The point is that hardly anyone expected the Giants to make that run last season or in their first SB run. NO ONE thought that Eli could make all the clutch plays he did in their first SB run. But guess what!? It happened. It's possible. I don't think we'll win either, but I damn sure won't call it a loss until the game is over. I watch almost every Patriots game and they've got weaknesses all over their defense and their wideout is not that good either. You take Welker out and defend their TE's well, and their offense struggles. Can we do that? Probably not, but it's possible.

And no, you weren't all over this site talking about what pretenders we were when we had one loss. I didn't see all the bashing of this team from you like I do right now. We could have lost 3 out of 4 at the beginning of the year, and would you be happy at this moment now?? I bet you would. But what if we lost in the first round after winning like 8 in a row looking like a hot team??

The fact you just said that Matt Schaub could do what Eli Manning could do show me you have absolutely lost cred.... When has Matt Schaub EVER shown he could do anything like Eli Manning...

Then you need to do your research, like I said, I have been all over this team for the last month and even before that when they were winning ugly...

GP
01-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Anytime a % is brought up and it is a nice number like 90 you know it is wrong.

Out of the last 5 superbowls, 4 of them have consisted of one playoff team that played in the WC week.

If there is one thing to be sure about in the NFL it is that there are going to be upsets.

Schaub was not sacked.

Defense held Cincy to 6 points

Run game was excellent.

You are telling me this is no different from the Colts or the Minny game? Or the Jags game when Henne lit us up?

I put the Bengals in the same tier as the Jags and Lions and Bears...all those teams are teams we will beat. SHOULD beat.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend that a win vs. the Bengals means we have a good shot vs. the Pats.

To say so is just very homer'ish. I stopped being a homer the day David Carr went belly up here. I learned from that. But hey, I'm a bad fan. I forgot. I should leave.

Wolf
01-05-2013, 09:43 PM
In the final weeks I wasn't knee jerk. I was commentating on the implosion of this team.

I don't have time for this crap. This is what happens when loud mouth accusers get to say whatever they want, label people however they want, and nobody actually thinks for themselves. No, just go ahead and believe the person with the bullhorn.

LOL.

Of course you weren't knee jerk in the last few games,the negativity was correct since the Texans lost ,but seriously seems I remember 1st quarter rants even when they won

fiasco west
01-05-2013, 09:44 PM
I put the Bengals in the same tier as the Jags and Lions and Bears...all those teams are teams we will beat. SHOULD beat.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend that a win vs. the Bengals means we have a good shot vs. the Pats.

To say so is just very homer'ish. I stopped being a homer the day David Carr went belly up here. I learned from that. But hey, I'm a bad fan. I forgot. I should leave.

Seriously?

The Jags are one of the worst teams in the NFL (if not the worst) and the Bengals are in the same tier as them?

Texecutioner
01-05-2013, 09:45 PM

LOL.

You have totally knee jerked on this team GP. You acted as if we were the team to beat going into the season, and the Texans did just that almost all season long. We end up having a few bad losses at the very end of the season, and you totally act like you have bailed on this team. I remember you getting upset when Rick Smith was criticized in the off season for some of his moves and getting this cap all messed up. Then you start all these threads whining because we couldn't get Manning when it was damn near impossible, but yet before the season you didn't want Rick Smith being criticized for his moves with this team's salary issues and his lack of moves to bring in a competent WR to compliment AJ. It was all about how great Martin would be even though he hadn't proved a thing. That was knee jerk as well. That is going from one extreme to the next with the drop of a hat.

GP
01-05-2013, 09:45 PM
The fact you just said that Matt Schaub could do what Eli Manning could do show me you have absolutely lost cred.... When has Matt Schaub EVER shown he could do anything like Eli Manning...

Then you need to do your research, like I said, I have been all over this team for the last month and even before that when they were winning ugly...

I think 2010 in Washington was the last time I saw Schaub do something clutch in the final seconds of a game. The TD pass to AJ in the back of the EZ.

I still have that game on DVR. And I still rewatch it. But even with that win, guess how it came about? Shanahan got away from what had worked in the first half...he stopped passing the ball and tried to do what all former Denver coaches do: do the opposite of what had been working. Kubiak does the same thing, turtles up in the 2nd half and here lately he's been doing that in the damn 1st quarter!

fiasco west
01-05-2013, 09:46 PM
Seriously?

The Jags are one of the worst teams in the NFL (if not the worst) and the Bengals are in the same tier as them?

Also obviously the Patriots are better than the Bengals...

But those three things I mentioned were all problems all during the previous mounth...even against so called teams we should have beat like the Colts and the Vikings.

Those games the Oline could not run block and was average at best at pass pro. Foster was not explosive at all, run game was pretty much stopped...and defense was shredded by some pretty bad QBs...

Hervoyel
01-05-2013, 09:46 PM
No, I mean we didnt blow out the bengals and yeah we left a lot of points on the field, but bitching about it his quickly is not healthy. Madden games has ruined fans

Has nothing to do with Madden. I've never even played Madden and think Fantasy football is the most ridiculous **** in the world. It's about the season being a series of games, one week at a time and some people focusing on the ultimate goal and where the Texans are in relation to that goal. Others are happy to get this weeks win and it makes the general state of "the quest" right now all better for them. Others still know that the team has put themselves in a tough spot and they're likely to get blasted next week in New England. Both groups are clearly annoyed with each other and tired of all the stupid sunshine pumping and pointless negativity that the other is bringing.

If the Texans win next weekend in New England all will be back on "The Right Track (TM)". If they don't this will be over for this season and it's on to draft and FA talk.

aussie_texan
01-05-2013, 09:47 PM
cant we just enjoy the win for at least a day!!!!
havnt read the entire 101pages of this thread but if most people agree with the title....there is something wrong with you

GP
01-05-2013, 09:47 PM
Seriously?

What did the Bengals look like today? LOL.

The Jags were up on the Patriots for most of the first half before Patriots finally remembered they were the better team.

Look, I get it: You look at RECORDS and that's what you base teams on. That's why you and Tex think the Texans are not worthy being downed by Texans fans.

12-4, we're in the playoffs and we just beat the Bengals! So, 1+1+1=A real chance vs. the Patriots next week.

Seriously, I have the right to my opinion and you yours.

Mr teX
01-05-2013, 09:48 PM

Dude, all u do is pump out conspiracy theories about what u think is going on or happened & simultaneously play both sides of the fence..you are the worst kind of fan b/c whether we win or lose, you've always got something to say that "proves" you were "right".

So, im not surprised that you're in here with your "yeah we won, but...." Garbage. Its par for the course with you and a few others in here.

ObsiWan
01-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Packers fans HAVE BEEN to the Promised Land, Tex. Damn straight they think their guys can do it. Because they HAVE.

Our guys? They've earned the fickle nature of their fans. I haven't just started watching football in the past two years, Tex. Neither has BullNation. Neither has bckey. More than just YOU have seen what GREAT looks like and what less than great looks like.

The Giants are making people think that that's the rule...when it's just the exception. Fewer Cinderella teams like the Giants end up making it to the Super Bowl and then actually winning it. 90% of the time the top teams make it to the Super Bowl.

Every now and then your St. Louis Rams and your New York Giants take conventional wisdom and flip it on its head. Very few teams like those end up shocking the world.

Nobody is WISHING we lose. Who has said that? Show me. Nobody has. But because we're saying that the Pats are going to beat us with rubber hoses and laugh at us? That's more like bracing for the inevitable, which is not anything as evil as what you're pinning on some fans around here, Tex.

And I thought I was a person of extremes....

Maybe that's the point your missing. No one who is celebrating this win is completely happy with today's performance. We had way too damned many penalties at the wrong time (like there's ever a good time). Schaub completed 20 of 29 passes to RBs and TEs - where the hell are the WRs?? Special teams are giving up way too many yards on kickoffs. We still didn't convert but one of our redzone opportunities into a touchdown and had to settle for FGs again. Watt and Brooks still seem to be the only ones of our front seven that can muster a sack.

We see the warts. But despite those warts we won anyway. You say we beat a "lesser opponent". Maybe. But so frikkin' what?! We didn't make the schedule. We played whoever they sent here to play. Reliant is 2-0 in playoff land. And that's cause for celebration today.

And for the record, I don't expect to go up to New England and win. But I'm not going to let you steal my sunshine. Not today. There will be enough time for weeping and gnashing of teeth next week.

coltfan123
01-05-2013, 09:49 PM
Cinci isn't NE

would you be happeir if they lost?

Texecutioner
01-05-2013, 09:50 PM

Learn how to read. I never said that in that post. I stated that no one thought that Eli could and he did. Not only in one season, but in two SB runs. What people thought was impossible wasn't exactly that. And for the record Schaub arguably had a better season then Eli did this year, so stop acting like Eli is some elite wizard when he isn't. Schaub won't ever be this guy to make tons of clutch plays. So what. He never has been. You just now figuring this out. This team's formula for winning isn't and never will go through Schaub. It doesn't have to though. We have to win with a great running game, minimal mistakes, and by allowing a low score from the other team.

The research is that for the majority of the season we were a top 5 defense and until that slump we had on offense we were the 2nd and then the 3rd highest scoring team in the league. DO YOUR RESEARCH. They did fall apart, but that doesn't mean they can't pick it back up, nor does it mean they have to in order to beat NE.

Wolf
01-05-2013, 09:51 PM
Has nothing to do with Madden. I've never even played Madden and think Fantasy football is the most ridiculous **** in the world. It's about the season being a series of games, one week at a time and some people focusing on the ultimate goal and where the Texans are in relation to that goal. Others are happy to get this weeks win and it makes the general state of "the quest" right now all better for them. Others still know that the team has put themselves in a tough spot and they're likely to get blasted next week in New England. Both groups are clearly annoyed with each other and tired of all the stupid sunshine pumping and pointless negativity that the other is bringing.

If the Texans win next weekend in New England all will be back on "The Right Track (TM)". If they don't this will be over for this season and it's on to draft and FA talk.
Exactly and the reason I said we put ourselves in a tough spot by nor winning home field advantage.

However I think some are still maddenized because they think we should blow teams out when the nfl is built on parity.

Wolf
01-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Sadly we are having discussions about fans after a win. Enjoy the freakingmoment

Done with this thread, Monday I will discuss about the pats and how we got destroyed

fiasco west
What did the Bengals look like today? LOL.

The Jags were up on the Patriots for most of the first half before Patriots finally remembered they were the better team.

Look, I get it: You look at RECORDS and that's what you base teams on. That's why you and Tex think the Texans are not worthy being downed by Texans fans.

12-4, we're in the playoffs and we just beat the Bengals! So, 1+1+1=A real chance vs. the Patriots next week.

Seriously, I have the right to my opinion and you yours.

I'm sorry but saying the Jaguars and the Bengals are on the same tier is not a opinion, it's just wrong.

I could see if the Jags were 9-7...but we are talking about a 2-14 team being on the same tier as a 10-6 team....I mean really...

mridge01
At least I'm not pissed.

Wolf
01-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Why did the bengals look like they did?

Oh yeah Texans offense and defense

Texecutioner
01-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Dude, all u do is pump out conspiracy theories about what u think is going on or happened & simultaneously play both sides of the fence..you are the worst kind of fan b/c whether we win or lose, you've always got something to say that "proves" you were "right".

So, im not surprised that you're in here with your "yeah we won, but...." Garbage. Its par for the course with you and a few others in here.

Man, all the teething you and I have done at each other over the years in here when our team was horrible or just average. Whether it was arguing over Kubiak or Rick Smith or Bob. You know I hate Kubiak's style of coaching and I'll never be confident in him as our HC, but I'll always root for us in the playoffs. I understand wanting a loss possibly when your team is horrible and losing may get rid of a bad HC or to get a #1 pick in the draft, but we've been considered the best team in the league by a lot of people for a majority part of the season. I don't see how certain fans or alleged fans could get this angry and bitter just because of slump at the end of the season to where they can't even be happy that we won a game to move on to the next week of the playoffs. That's what this game is all about. This is it!

Kudos Mr. Tex! I'll take any kind of win we can get in the playoffs.

Our defense completely dominated them today, and that's been the strength of our team all season. We looked closer to the team we've been all year.

Showtime100
01-05-2013, 09:56 PM
cant we just enjoy the win for at least a day!!!!
havnt read the entire 101pages of this thread but if most people agree with the title....there is something wrong with you

So enjoy!!!! I love it. I'm happy too.

Hervoyel
01-05-2013, 09:58 PM
Maybe that's the point your missing. No one who is celebrating this win is completely happy with today's performance. We had way too damned many penalties at the wrong time (like there's ever a good time). Schaub completed 20 of 29 passes to RBs and TEs - where the hell are the WRs?? Special teams are giving up way too many yards on kickoffs. We still didn't convert but one of our redzone opportunities into a touchdown and had to settle for FGs again. Watt and Brooks still seem to be the only ones of our front seven that can muster a sack.

We see the warts. But despite those warts we won anyway. You say we beat a "lesser opponent". Maybe. But so frikkin' what?! We didn't make the schedule. We played whoever they sent here to play. Reliant is 2-0 in playoff land. And that's cause for celebration today.

And for the record, I don't expect to go up to New England and win. But I'm not going to let you steal my sunshine. Not today. There will be enough time for weeping and gnashing of teeth next week.

Yeah, we did make the schedule. We made it when we failed to show up against Minnesota and Indy. Other than that I got no issue with what you're saying. Enjoy your sunshine by all means.

GP
01-05-2013, 09:59 PM
You have totally knee jerked on this team GP. You acted as if we were the team to beat going into the season, and the Texans did just that almost all season long. We end up having a few bad losses at the very end of the season, and you totally act like you have bailed on this team. I remember you getting upset when Rick Smith was criticized in the off season for some of his moves and getting this cap all messed up. Then you start all these threads whining because we couldn't get Manning when it was damn near impossible, but yet before the season you didn't want Rick Smith being criticized for his moves with this team's salary issues and his lack of moves to bring in a competent WR to compliment AJ. It was all about how great Martin would be even though he hadn't proved a thing. That was knee jerk as well. That is going from one extreme to the next with the drop of a hat.

Bail? LOL.

Aw hell, Tex. You are doing exactly what you do in the NSZ: LABELING.

It's just as sad here, btw.

You got me wrong on the Peyton Manning thing. I at first thought we should try for him, then I felt like maybe he was a liability with his neck, then I thought "Well hell, now it looks like we never even ATTEMPTED to look into the idea of getting him..." I went back and forth on that issue.

Dude, the Rick Smith issue? Yeah, he cannot control all factors. No GM can. Decisions were made by this FO that impacted and dictated moves that had to be made. I was OK with letting Dressen and Brisiel walk, couldn't match their offers. Was smart to re-sign Foster, Brown, and Myers. What's the alternative? Traded 'Meco, which saved cap room and frankly he wasn't being used by Wade much at all. Got a draft pick for him, a nice one, which is a rare thing for ANY Texans GM to have accomplished in 10 years here. Good for us. How is that knee-jerking? I don't see it, Tex. LOL.

Martin impressed in camp, and in the preseason, and really he had some slip-ups and Kubiak lost confidence in him. So I'm a bad fan for "bailing" on this team YET I had confidence in Martin and was excited about Kubiak's decision to give him major playing time? Isn't that a contradiction?

You're reaching, Tex. You're trying to paint me with a broad brush here, and it's not a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination.

I giggled when Matt did the "Yessss!" hip thrust celebration move when we converted at the end of the game to keep the clock ticking. He has no clue how poorly he's been playing for like the last month+. He got a playoff win. Good. Now what? How does he solve the problem that is New England? He probably can't.

My only good feelings today were this: The fans in the stadium got to see our guys win, at home, and there wasn't a messy loss (at home) which would have been a real bummer for them.

Outside of that, there wasn't much to hang our hat upon today. The long passes Dalton missed with AJ Green...those won't be overthrown by Tom Brady. The passes dropped by Gresham and the others? Won't be dropped by Welker and Gronk and Gonzalez and Marshall and Woodhead. Everything the Bengals did today, the Pats won't do that. And everything the Bengals didn't do today, the Patriots WILL do.

We're about to face the same team we faced in New England on MNF. And we, Tex, are the same team they faced as well. How does that shake out, if all things are equal?

DISCLAIMER: I said this same thing the week leading up to the first contest between us and the Pats. I was also labeled a loser and an ******* back then, too. But then again...I'm a KNEE JERKER, right? Right.

CloakNNNdagger
01-05-2013, 10:00 PM

There's a reason that the Bengals have not had an offensive TD in the last 3 games. This was a "monumental"battle of that team against a team that had 0 offensive TDs in the last 3 games.

bckey
01-05-2013, 10:04 PM
Next to you, anyone is the ultimate fan.

Wow. You are an real piece of work.

bigbrewster2000
01-05-2013, 10:05 PM
would you be happeir if they lost?

Probably. He predicted the Texans to lose badly and then he posts that he isn't happy that they won. Same for almost every other person in this thread that is mad about us winning ugly, just check the prediction thread it's the same people.

GP
01-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Yeah, we did make the schedule. We made it when we failed to show up against Minnesota and Indy. Other than that I got no issue with what you're saying. Enjoy your sunshine by all means.

Yep.

fiasco west
01-05-2013, 10:07 PM
There's a reason that the Bengals have not had an offensive TD in the last 3 games. This was a "monumental"battle of that team against a team that had 0 offensive TDs in the last 3 games.

There is also a reason that they are 10-6 and won the last 7 out of 8 games. Their defense is nothing to laugh at.

Everyone here always talks about "Momentum! GOING INTO THE PLAYOFFS COLD!!!!"

Texans have now proved that theory wrong two years in a row now.

GP
01-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Man, all the teething you and I have done at each other over the years in here when our team was horrible or just average. Whether it was arguing over Kubiak or Rick Smith or Bob. You know I hate Kubiak's style of coaching and I'll never be confident in him as our HC, but I'll always root for us in the playoffs. I understand wanting a loss possibly when your team is horrible and losing may get rid of a bad HC or to get a #1 pick in the draft, but we've been considered the best team in the league by a lot of people for a majority part of the season. I don't see how certain fans or alleged fans could get this angry and bitter just because of slump at the end of the season to where they can't even be happy that we won a game to move on to the next week of the playoffs. That's what this game is all about. This is it!

Our defense completely dominated them today, and that's been the strength of our team all season. We looked closer to the team we've been all year.

You two should get a room.

BFD. He and I have high-fived each other in the NSZ forum and have gone at each other's throats here in the Texans forum. Get a clue: We can all agree elsewhere and yet be at odds in other forums and other topics.

LOL. Man, you're reaching new lows here. Internet high-fiving someone while downing other posters. Way to go. You ARE the ultimate fan, Tex.

I need to check out of this thread before the **** rises above my waders.

Showtime100
01-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Bail? LOL.

You got me wrong on the Peyton Manning thing. I at first thought we should try for him, then I felt like maybe he was a liability with his neck, then I thought "Well hell, now it looks like we never even ATTEMPTED to look into the idea of getting him..." I went back and forth on that issue.

Dude, the Rick Smith issue? Yeah, he cannot control all factors. No GM can. Decisions were made by this FO that impacted and dictated moves that had to be made. I was OK with letting Dressen and Brisiel walk, couldn't match their offers. Was smart to re-sign Foster, Brown, and Myers. What's the alternative? Traded 'Meco, which saved cap room and frankly he wasn't being used by Wade much at all. Got a draft pick for him, a nice one, which is a rare thing for ANY Texans GM to have accomplished in 10 years here. Good for us. How is that knee-jerking? I don't see it, Tex. LOL.

Martin impressed in camp, and in the preseason, and really he had some slip-ups and Kubiak lost confidence in him. So I'm a bad fan for "bailing" on this team YET I had confidence in Martin and was excited about Kubiak's decision to give him major playing time? Isn't that a contradiction?

You're reaching, Tex. You're trying to paint me with a broad brush here, and it's not a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination.

I giggled when Matt did the "Yessss!" hip thrust celebration move when we converted at the end of the game to keep the clock ticking. He has no clue how poorly he's been playing for like the last month+. He got a playoff win. Good. Now what? How does he solve the problem that is New England? He probably can't.

My only good feelings today were this: The fans in the stadium got to see our guys win, at home, and there wasn't a messy loss (at home) which would have been a real bummer for them.

Outside of that, there wasn't much to hang our hat upon today. The long passes Dalton missed with AJ Green...those won't be overthrown by Tom Brady. The passes dropped by Gresham and the others? Won't be dropped by Welker and Gronk and Gonzalez and Marshall and Woodhead. Everything the Bengals did today, the Pats won't do that. And everything the Bengals didn't do today, the Patriots WILL do.

We're about to face the same team we faced in New England on MNF. And we, Tex, are the same team they faced as well. How does that shake out, if all things are equal?

DISCLAIMER: I said this same thing the week leading up to the first contest between us and the Pats. I was also labeled a loser and an ******* back then, too. But then again...I'm a KNEE JERKER, right? Right.

I can make that post in............LESSS THAN YOU!!!!!!!

GP
01-05-2013, 10:10 PM
There is also a reason that they are 10-6 and won the last 7 out of 8 games. Their defense is nothing to laugh at.

Everyone here always talks about "Momentum! GOING INTO THE PLAYOFFS COLD!!!!"

Texans have now proved that theory wrong two years in a row now.

You need no momentum to beat a team like the Bengals.

All you have to do is grind it out. You can't "grind it out" vs. the Patriots.

We tried that already, remember? Did you watch the MNF game? We tried to grind it out, and it lasted about 7 minutes into the first quarter...then the Patriots punched us in the proverbial nose and we proverbially layed down and cried "Uncle!"

But all that's gonna' change, right? I want to know by what miracle Gary Kubiak and Matt Schaub are going to reverse all of this.

Mr teX
01-05-2013, 10:12 PM

I agree, and its sad, embarassing really....there are 20 other teams sitting at home...some who's collective season was over by like week 8 that have real gripes about their teams.....and we've got fans over here who can't even enjoy their team advancinginto the playoffs not even for 24 hours b/c it wasn't as dominant of a performance as they would've liked or b/c we're going to play a team in their house as opposed to ours and likely lose.....as if it was guaranteed we would beat them here...it appears a few in here OD'ed on the koolaid earlier in the season when we were 11-1 and had convinced themselves we were SB bound...now b/c it appears that's unlikely, they feel betrayed. ....in any event, thats not problem...im going to celebrate..:d: and worry about next week.....next week

GP
01-05-2013, 10:13 PM

In an effort to get back to talking FOOTBALL...

Didn't you say that one of your chief concerns about Matt's recovery was how his foot would hold up over a full 16-game schedule, especially with the severity of his injury?

Today you were making a lot of posts about the position of his foot in regards to the outcome of those throws.

I think I remembered you drawing attention to the potential for "wear and tear" back during the camp and preseason threads here. Is that maybe part of the problem with him down the stretch this past month?

fiasco west
01-05-2013, 10:13 PM
You need no momentum to beat a team like the Bengals.

All you have to do is grind it out. You can't "grind it out" vs. the Patriots.

We tried that already, remember? Did you watch the MNF game? We tried to grind it out, and it lasted about 7 minutes into the first quarter...then the Patriots punched us in the proverbial nose and we proverbially layed down and cried "Uncle!"

But all that's gonna' change, right? I want to know by what miracle Gary Kubiak and Matt Schaub are going to reverse all of this.

They did not try that. They couldn't even try it because their mistakes put them down by 21 in the blink of an eye.

Foster had 15 carries, (hardly grinding it out) ran it one time for a great gain on a holding call then the Texans decided they wanted to start passing.

I don't see why it couldn't change. Why even play the game then? I mean really?

utahmark
01-05-2013, 10:14 PM

Those stupid field goals ended up winning us the game.

CloakNNNdagger
01-05-2013, 10:17 PM

And that, in itself, was sad.

Mr teX
01-05-2013, 10:19 PM

Aside from that, if we dont convert that and had the ball over to cincy at midfield like we have numerous times when graham has missed 50 yard FG's, folks in here would've blown a gasket....that hindsight rationale i tell ya.

Texecutioner
01-05-2013, 10:21 PM
Bail? LOL.

I label people in the NSZ?? This coming from one of the biggest conservatives that constantly bashes liberals, Ron Paul fans, and etc? :spit:

Thank you Pot.

Exactly All over the place on it, changing from one day to the next with extreme opinions back and forth. Then waiting until the Texans lose a game or two after winning 12 to bash the franchise for it. Typical of you and no one would be surprised.

You bashed Smith for years. After one good season, he's untouchable to you? That gave me a good laugh at the time. A GM that was supposedly horrible all of a sudden was this really good one because we had one good season. But now that you're hating on any chance that this team has, well I'd say you were wrong about Rick Smith then since you think we have no chance. You're bashing us for not going after Manning, and because we aren't capable of winning in the playoffs. Saying our GM is above criticism and then acting like our team is such a joke is a huge contradiction.

You had confidence based off of a pre season performance where guys flop from that all the time. I told you that, but it didn't matter. You knew they were going to be really. Well, they haven't been, but I haven't heard you even whisper a word about that. Only blaming Schaub for everything that goes wrong. You even suggested to bench the starting QB before the playoffs. Talk about absurdity. No HC would ever do that.

I'm stating the same thing tons of posters have told you over and over for years.

So you know what Schaub thinks now and how he feels about his own play? Lol! Conspiracies again. Instead of being happy that we won, you laughed at the team you claim to support. Pat yourself on the back.

Yeah, we won against a team that had just won 7 out of their last 8 that was also a playoff team last season. We beat a good team that had been playing a lot better then we have lately. Had we won 7 out of our last 8, you'd probably be acting like we were SB bound knowing you.

I watch Brady every week. He over throws balls in every game. His players drop balls in every game. It may not be a lot, but the Patriots have lost just as many games as we have this year. They almost lost to the freaking Jags just two weeks ago. How you act like our team or any playoff team is incapable of beating any other team with all of the upsets in playoff history is mind blowing actually. Patriots haven't won a SB in like 10 years or something like that. We probably won't win, but we certainly can win.

Doesn't matter. All that matters is how we play next week and how they play next week. That's up to "GARY KUBIAK" to have OUR TEAM READY.

You were labeled that way before that by many.

utahmark
01-05-2013, 10:23 PM

Our defense played better than they have been playing our offense controlled the clock like they were doing during the first 12 games of the season. We were playing against a better defense than we have seen recently yet we moved the ball better. Not sure how you did not see some improvement because it was there.

hradhak
01-05-2013, 10:24 PM
I am amazed that we are lamenting a win. Our defense played very well, our offense played better than it did in any of the last 4 weeks and against a team with a top 5 defense.

I don't think we can beat NE with the way we played in the red zone, but nonetheless we actually executed on a gameplan that we set out. Just enjoy the win and let's hope this offense can fix its RZ problems .

utahmark
01-05-2013, 10:25 PM
And that, in itself, was sad.

I thought it was great. I'll take a playoff win anyday. Hopefully we get another next week. To me we look about like the same team we did last year heading to Baltimore and I expect this team to show up and play well and have a shot to win.

GP
01-05-2013, 10:28 PM
You were labeled that way before that by many.

Doesn't make it true, and doesn't make it right.

And you know that.

You're saying whatever you think will win this argument.

CloakNNNdagger
01-05-2013, 10:31 PM
I thought it was great. I'll take a playoff win anyday. Hopefully we get another next week. To me we look about like the same team we did last year heading to Baltimore and I expect this team to show up and play well and have a shot to win.

No way 19 points beats the Pats........but I won't bet my life on it.:)