PDA

View Full Version : All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

mussop
01-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Remember when you said "being a leader takes preparation, it takes perseverance, it takes execution, it's about being your best"?

It's Time to be that leader!!!

EllisUnit
01-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Remember when you said "being a leader takes preparation, it takes perseverance, it takes execution, it's about being your best"?

Rememeber when Schaub said he needs to execute "a little better" ? Yeah......... me too

Textan
01-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Today's the day Schaub can prove his worth.........or not.
He can rise to the occasion......I hope.

Goodwrench3
01-05-2013, 04:01 PM
Today he'll play like a champion! No doubt! :texan:

EllisUnit
01-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Remember the thousand times he screwed up and walked off the field with his head down and didn't say anything?

Just sayin

Remember the time he had his crazy eyes and was looking at the sky and birds began to fall from the sky.

You dont ? Well it happened !!!

mussop
01-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Rememeber when Schaub said he needs to execute "a little better" ? Yeah......... me too

Yeh thats kinda my point. It's time for him to show that he can lead this team or move on. This team has too much talent to waste anymore time on a guy that can't step up when it's step up time. He needs to prove RIGHT NOW that he is the QB that can LEAD this team. If he doesn't show here in the PLAYOFFS then he will never be that QB.

76Texan
01-05-2013, 07:35 PM

That last one is just for you, Mussop. :wild:

mussop
01-05-2013, 07:38 PM
That last one is just for you, Mussop. :wild:

That last one what?

76Texan
01-05-2013, 07:39 PM
That last one what?

The last completion to seal the game.

mussop
01-05-2013, 07:42 PM

You are delusional if you think Shaub stepped up and led this team to that win. :user:

Nawzer
01-05-2013, 07:43 PM
He had an above average game. Can't expect much more from an above average QB. We'll face one the greatest ever next week. It's not going to be pretty for us.

76Texan
01-05-2013, 07:44 PM
You are delusional if you think Shaub stepped up and led this team to that win. :user:

LOL, I've never said that Schaub is a guy to look for to carry a team.

In fact, when people wanted to put him in the top ten when he was at the top of his game, I didn't agree.

Surreal McCoy
01-05-2013, 07:44 PM

Of course not. All wins are credited to anyone but Schaub/Kubiak, and all losses are directly their fault. WE GET IT! :spin:

mussop
01-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Of course not. All wins are credited to anyone but Schaub/Kubiak, and all losses are directly their fault. WE GET IT! :spin:

I doubt if you get anything.:bubbles:

mussop
01-05-2013, 07:46 PM
LOL, I've never said that Schaub is a guy to look for to carry a team.

In fact, when people wanted to put him in the top ten when he was at the top of his game, I didn't agree.

Then what was youre point?

gtexan02
01-05-2013, 07:47 PM

Schaub made some great plays today. Dont undervalue his contributions. He was much better than dalton today. Bengals d was on a role and we moved the ball easily on them.

EllisUnit
01-05-2013, 07:47 PM

UMMMMM the only TD the Bengals got was because of Schaub, we settled for 4 FGs. Foster scored our lone TD. Schaub did not win this game for us, or defense did.

76Texan
01-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Then what was youre point?

He did his part; he gets paid half the amount Brady and Peyton receive.

Hervoyel
01-05-2013, 07:50 PM

:spit:

Matt didn't lead anything today. Ok, I take that back. He led both teams in TD passes to the opposing team.

No legs, noodle arm, lousy decision making under pressure. Upside is he usually does what he's told. Why do so many people think it would be impossible to improve on this guy?

mussop
01-05-2013, 07:51 PM

Actually we won because our defense played GREAT and the running game worked today thanks to a good game plan by Kubiak and despite Matt Schaub.

mussop
01-05-2013, 07:53 PM

Matt didn't lead anything today. Ok, I take that back. He led both teams in TD passes to the opposing team.

No legs, noodle arm, lousy decision making under pressure. Upside is he usually does what he's told. Why do so many people think it would be impossible to improve on this guy?

Oh they will be out in droves this week talking about how he's good enough because we won. :butterfly: Insane!!!!!

Hervoyel
01-05-2013, 07:53 PM
Schaub made some great plays today. Dont undervalue his contributions.

I must have been away when these great plays happened. Mostly today I saw our defense and Arian Foster step up.

He was much better than dalton today. Bengals d was on a role and we moved the ball easily on them.

Everybody was better than Dalton today. At the rate he's going he's gonna get a reputation for being another Matt Schaub in big games. We ran the ball easily on them. Throwing the ball we seemed to struggle for some time. It got better in the second half.

gtexan02
01-05-2013, 08:02 PM
I must have been away when these great plays happened.

Too bad you missed them. A few crucial 3rd downs conversions (3rd and 9 and a 19 yard completion to OD, long one to Foster, etc), a game sealing throw at the end of regulation, not taking any sacks, some sick play action fakes. They were fun plays. Maybe you shouldn't step away from the tv so much :kitten:

Texecutioner
01-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Everybody was better than Dalton today. At the rate he's going he's gonna get a reputation for being another Matt Schaub in big games. We ran the ball easily on them. Throwing the ball we seemed to struggle for some time. It got better in the second half.

Huh!? Why would Dalton get a bad reputation for losing his first two playoff games to a team that was favored to beat his team both seasons in a row when he is just a 2nd year player?? Dalton won 7 out of his last 8 games in a tough division. There have been tons of great QB's that took a few years before they won their first playoff game. Manning being one of them. He's won several BIG GAMES already. And by the way, Schaub just won a BIG GAME today.

76Texan
01-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Schaub converted six or seven third down situations, and would have had another one if O.D. Didn't drop the ball.

How many did Dalton convert?

It's ridiculous to say that Schaub didn't have any impact on the game.

The guy that choke was Dalton.

gtexan02
01-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Schaub converted six or seven third down situations, and would have had another one if O.D. Didn't drop the ball.

Another one was a drop by AJ, wide open, in the end zone. That hit off his hands. Should have been a catch

Goodwrench3
01-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Schaub played well today. Interception was just unlucky.

gtexan02
01-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Huh!? Why would Dalton get a bad reputation for losing his first two playoff games to a team that was favored to beat his team both seasons in a row when he is just a 2nd year player?? Dalton won 7 out of his last 8 games in a tough division. There have been tons of great QB's that took a few years before they won their first playoff game. Manning being one of them. He's won several BIG GAMES already. And by the way, Schaub just won a BIG GAME today.

He's just trying to make another weak attempt at a dig at Schaub. Makes no sense otherwise. These were 2 great defenses in a great defensive game. Dalton wasn't good today, but our defense was superb

axman40
01-05-2013, 08:11 PM

If you were playing against Watt , you might be prone to choke.
:fans:

Nawzer
01-05-2013, 08:13 PM

Kudos to Kubiak, Schaub, and the entire team for beating the wild card team. See I'm giving credit. Lol.

legacy_gt
01-05-2013, 08:16 PM
Actually we won because our defense played GREAT and the running game worked today thanks to a good game plan by Kubiak and despite Matt Schaub.

actually schaub did well (76% made) and dalton 46%. yeah he made 1 mistake, but minus the interception, bengals score 3 cuz our great defense.

ObsiWan
01-05-2013, 08:17 PM

This is a run-first offense. That means the primary engine that powers it is Foster and the O-line. Not Schaub.

Second, OF COURSE its possible - nay PROBABLE to improve our QB position by upgrading from Schaub. But I think that's more of a discussion for the off-season, not right now. Then we can see who's available in the draft (I hear no one of note) or if there is an improvement to be made via free agency. ...unless you know of some quality QB that's sitting at home, who knows our offense, that can be brought in between now and next weekend.

EllisUnit
01-05-2013, 08:20 PM
This is a run-first offense. That means the primary engine that powers it is Foster and the O-line. Not Schaub.

Second, OF COURSE its possible - nay PROBABLE to improve our QB position by upgrading from Schaub. But I think that's more of a discussion for the off-season, not right now. Then we can see who's available in the draft (I hear no one of note) or if there is an improvement to be made via free agency. ...unless you know of some quality QB that's sitting at home, who knows our offense, that can be brought in between now and next weekend.

I've been waiting for Rick to call me, i am ready. Hell i threw for 8,000 yards and 75 TDs on 2013. Put me in coach.

mariowillshine15
01-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Schaub had his awful throw but besides that managed the game well. Took what the D gave him. Has to get better in the redzone but we have another week and I'm happy about that.

TexansBull
01-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Its a team effort,and the best team won despite its players that didn't play well. Our worst players were better than theirs.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

mussop
01-05-2013, 08:50 PM

SERIOUSLY? Schaub won a big game today. Thats what you are going to go with? Our run game was good today and our defense was great. Take either of those away and this was a loss.

Mr. dink and dunk didn't do anything other than manage the game. He is what he is, a good game manager and below average QB who plays in a system that is being ran to mask his inabilities. This important playoff game clearly showed that.

GP
01-05-2013, 08:59 PM
People let wins go to their head, hell all of us let wins go to our head until the Patriots smacked our asses on MNF.

Then, SOME of us figured "Uh oh. Something doesn't compute here...hmmm...maybe just an off game?"

Then we completely blew two straight chances at HFA...and some MORE of us thought, "Eek. OK, this team has gone stagnant."

Now we get a win in a WILD CARD round, vs a team who (drum roll, please...) crumbled under the pressure, and our QB managed fairly well--since that's what he is, a manager--and our ground game and defense did well for a change.

All that does NOT instill newfound confidence in me, not with who we're playing next. We have to hope N.E. snoozes on us (something I said prior to our MNF game vs them, I might add).

And even then, Tom will roar back and probably beat us still.

We're just not there yet.

EllisUnit
01-05-2013, 09:03 PM
People let wins go to their head, hell all of us let wins go to our head until the Patriots smacked our asses on MNF.

Then, SOME of us figured "Uh oh. Something doesn't compute here...hmmm...maybe just an off game?"

Then we completely blew two straight chances at HFA...and some MORE of us thought, "Eek. OK, this team has gone stagnant."

Now we get a win in a WILD CARD round, vs a team who (drum roll, please...) crumbled under the pressure, and our QB managed fairly well--since that's what he is, a manager--and our ground game and defense did well for a change.

All that does NOT instill newfound confidence in me, not with who we're playing next. We have to hope N.E. snoozes on us (something I said prior to our MNF game vs them, I might add).

hmmm i thought the texans crumbled under pressure ?

Thought the texans were going to lose this game ?

Like you GP but man come on man we are still alive and are the odds against us next week ? Hell yeah but all you can do is hope, no matter how much you expect us to lose or win it wont matter a lose will still hurt just as bad and a win will be just as sweet.

Big Lou
01-05-2013, 09:59 PM
I said it before, this offense plays well when OD, and the OL play well. With out the AJ drop it would havebeen 23 not 19.

76Texan
01-05-2013, 11:14 PM
Schaub would have had another conversion if not for that call on Posey.

I'm sure the "unimpressed" gang blame that one on Schaub too, LOL! :kitten:

76Texan
01-05-2013, 11:20 PM
SERIOUSLY? Schaub won a big game today. Thats what you are going to go with? Our run game was good today and our defense was great. Take either of those away and this was a loss.

Mr. dink and dunk didn't do anything other than manage the game. He is what he is, a good game manager and below average QB who plays in a system that is being ran to mask his inabilities. This important playoff game clearly showed that.

Do you remember how many long pass plays Schaub had against the Broncos?

And they are one of the better defense in the league, too.

You can only get what the defense give you.
And if they give you 39 minutes of possession time, you take it! :chickendance:

CloakNNNdagger
01-05-2013, 11:21 PM
I said it before, this offense plays well when OD, and the OL play well. With out the AJ drop it would havebeen 23 not 19.

And if Green wouldn't have dropped the EZ pass, they would have beaten us.

mussop
01-05-2013, 11:22 PM
Do you remember how many long pass plays Schaub had against the Broncos?

And they are one of the better defense in the league, too.

You can only get what the defense give you.
And if they give you 39 minutes of possession time, you take it! :chickendance:

It says Lot that you have to go all the way back to the Denver game to find an example of a long pass.

76Texan
01-05-2013, 11:50 PM
It says Lot that you have to go all the way back to the Denver game to find an example of a long pass.

No, I went back to the Broncos game because they are a team I thought as having a good defense.

You ought to know that Schaub leads the league the last 3 years or more in deep play action passes by a large margin over the next QB. It was shown during one of our games.

76Texan
01-05-2013, 11:53 PM
During the off-season, I had posted a link to advancednflstats.com where they showed that Schaub was at some 21.6% in deep pass attempt as compared to some 17.8% for Brady last year.

Brees' number (17.5%) was even lower than Brady's.

76Texan
01-05-2013, 11:59 PM
In 2010, the percentage of deep pass attempts for Schaub, Brady, and Brees were as followed: 16.9%, 14.6%, and 16.3%

klockWork
01-06-2013, 12:03 AM

Or if Dalton hadn't overthrew Green in the end zone late. This was a game that the Texans dominated at all facets of the game accept the QB position but the game was within striking distance for the Bungles at all times.

Schaub hasn't been touch all day and had a good running game to protect him but still only managed 1 TD drive. Anybody that thinks Schaub led as to this victory is delusional. Even Sanchez couldn't lose this game with our team.

76Texan
01-06-2013, 12:06 AM
Or if Dalton hadn't overthrew Green in the end zone late. This was a game that the Texans dominated at all facets of the game accept the QB position but the game was within striking distance for the Bungles at all times.

Schaub hasn't been touch all day and had a good running game to protect him but still only managed 1 TD drive. Anybody that thinks Schaub led as to this victory is delusional. Even Sanchez couldn't lose this game with our team.

If Schaub didn't overthrow AJ deep along the sideline, he might have had a TD threre.

If AJ caught the ball in the endzone, he would have had a TD there, what's your point?

Texecutioner
01-06-2013, 12:09 AM

Don't see anyone stating that Schaub led this team to victory or that he was the big reason why we won, but he only had like two bad plays to me.

I don't know man, maybe I've just always understood Schaub for what he was and a lot of you guys thought he was borderline elite or something. Schaub's play right now isn't that surprising to me, but he made some real good plays on 3rd down today at least. I won't ever expect Schaub to carry this team to victory. I expect the team to carry Schaub more, but for Schaub to carry them sometimes (but not often). We're a defensive run first team. That's who we are. Expecting Schaub to be any different then what he's always been isn't really fair to expect it NOW. We just need for him not to make INT's or fumbles and to be able to make some TD passes in the RZ.

Mr teX
01-06-2013, 12:10 AM
Cincy's gameplan was to take away all the deep stuff.....which basically meant that they were taking away AJ b/c he's the only 1 going deep for us...Mike mayock pointed it out during the game, and if you paid ANY attention in the game, AJ had a safety over the top of him CONSTANTLY.

Schaub did exactly what he should've done...take what they gave him and matriculate the ball down the field. why that is somehow such a bad thing to some i have no idea.

The pick 6 he threw, he'd thrown similar passes at least twice before that and they were all completed....they just went the well too many times it was just a great play by hall....casey fading back instead of coming back to the ball didn't exactly help either...

The missed TD to AJ...not sure why people put that on Schaub either...AJ was able to get both hands on it and it was put right where it needed to be...out in front away from the defender...AJ's gotta separate from the defender better and run thru that...Schaub also had a defender obstructing his throwing lane and had to fall back/slide a little to get the ball out......which threw off the timing a little too.

I really do wonder if some of u watch the games or not.

Lucky
01-06-2013, 12:21 AM
He did his part; he gets paid half the amount Brady and Peyton receive.
So Schaub would play better if he was paid more? Are you his agent?
No, I guess you are his agent.

klockWork
01-06-2013, 12:28 AM
The pick 6 he threw, he'd thrown similar passes at least twice before that and they were all completed....they just went the well too many times it was just a great play by hall....casey fading back instead of coming back to the ball didn't exactly help either...

The missed TD to AJ...not sure why people put that on Schaub either...AJ was able to get both hands on it and it was put right where it needed to be...out in front away from the defender...AJ's gotta separate from the defender better and run thru that...Schaub also had a defender obstructing his throwing lane and had to fall back/slide a little to get the ball out......which threw off the timing a little too.

I really do wonder if some of u watch the games or not.

You expect someone as big as Casey running an out toward the sideline to stop on a dime change gear and run toward the pass? Yeah right.
And I don't know why so many people thought AJ drop that pass in the endzone. It was a slightly overthrown pass just out of reach out of AJ finger tips. AJ was jam early and had trouble getting out the break which probably cause the overthrown pass since it was a timing route. I didn't really blame Schaub on that throw and I DEFINETLY don't blame AJ on that "drop".

Texecutioner
01-06-2013, 12:30 AM
You expect someone as big as Casey running an out toward the sideline to stop on a dime change gear and run toward the pass? Yeah right.
And I don't know why so many people thought AJ drop that pass in the endzone. It was a slightly overthrown pass just out of reach out of AJ finger tips. AJ was jam early and had trouble getting out the break which probably cause the overthrown pass since it was a timing route. I didn't really blame Schaub on that throw and I DEFINETLY don't blame AJ on that "drop".

Pretty much how I saw it. Bad throw by Schaub, but AJ should have caught it. It's the playoffs and you've got to bring that one in. But Schaub has to make those easy throws.

klockWork
01-06-2013, 12:31 AM

HA HA! Interception was unlucky? Did the ball hit a bird in midair and bounce into Leon hands?

76Texan
01-06-2013, 12:46 AM
So Schaub would play better if he was paid more? Are you his agent?

No, I guess you are his agent.

Every team has a salary cap at around $121M.

If you spend $20M plus for the top QBs, you have less to pay other "good" players.

It's your choice on how to build a team; sometimes the timing isn't there for you to get a top-notch QB.

Why is it that it's so difficult to understand?

badboy
01-06-2013, 12:48 AM
He did his part; he gets paid half the amount Brady and Peyton receive.uh..

Schaub 5 years $66.15 m 2012 $4 m base + $17.5 m bonus = $21.5 m
Brady 5 years $78.5 m 2012 base $950,00 + $11.8 m bonus = $12.5 m (apprx)
Manning 5 years $96 m 2012 base $18 m no bonus. If he passes 2013 physical his '13 & '14 base of $30 m total is guaranteed & if on roster end of years 3 & 4 his next year is guaranteed.

legacy_gt
01-06-2013, 01:03 AM
you can talk mess all you want about schaub but he played his game today managing and getting the win. bengals score only 6 from offense. dalton was the one confused and couldn't convert on 3rd down.

kubiak plays conservative and doesn't take chances to rack up points.

76Texan
01-06-2013, 01:05 AM
uh..

Schaub 5 years $66.15 m 2012 $4 m base + $17.5 m bonus = $21.5 m
Brady 5 years $78.5 m 2012 base $950,00 + $11.8 m bonus = $12.5 m (apprx)
Manning 5 years $96 m 2012 base $18 m no bonus. If he passes 2013 physical his '13 & '14 base of $30 m total is guaranteed & if on roster end of years 3 & 4 his next year is guaranteed.

Spotrac shows Manning salary at 18 this year and 20 next year.
If 2013 physical is passed, $40 million guaranteed.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/yearly/

Brady restructured his contract some way, such that the next 2 years, his salary will be at 21.8
He also has some form of extra bonus like Schaub.
On top of that, he received a $10.8M bonus to restructure his contract.

Also, if you look at Schaub's contract, there are some bonus he has to earn (not the sigining bonus)

76Texan
01-06-2013, 01:09 AM
Also, due to the Manning situation, the Broncos will be up against the cap next year when they need to resign Clady and Porter.

Salary is one thing, but the cap hit also figures heavily in how you can manage your team roster.

gtexan02
01-06-2013, 10:49 AM

What easy drop? The one where he was sandwiched between kj and Joseph? He never had a shot at that ball. Dalton threw into double coverage and our d was perfect. Either kj OR Joseph were in perfect position and could have been enough. The two together made it impossible.

CloakNNNdagger
01-06-2013, 11:11 AM
What easy drop? The one where he was sandwiched between kj and Joseph? He never had a shot at that ball. Dalton threw into double coverage and our d was perfect. Either kj OR Joseph were in perfect position and could have been enough. The two together made it impossible.

EZ=End Zone.........and it was catchable.

infantrycak
01-06-2013, 12:23 PM
EZ=End Zone.........and it was catchable.

JJo got a hand on it. It wasn't Green just dropping it.

klockWork
01-06-2013, 05:12 PM
It was actually overthrown by Dalton, but for kicks lets say he doesn't make that mistake and they get the TD .... then lets say MS doesn't brain fart and throw the pick-six .... we still win. The QB mistakes off-set each other.

You call it brain fart, I call it a QB that panicks for no reason. He had plenty of time in a perfect pocket to look downfield and should've thrown it to Walter on a deep slant out. But instead he threw it to a safety valve route design only to be thrown quickly if there was instance pressure upfront.

http://imageshack.us/f/99/schaubint.png/

Notice #83 breaking for a wide open out slant. Notice a clean protected pocket. Notice the panick decision to throw it late and flat to Casey that resulted in a pick 6.

Surreal McCoy
01-06-2013, 05:16 PM
You call it brain fart, I call it a QB that panicks for no reason. He had plenty of time in a perfect pocket to look downfield and should've thrown it to Walter on a deep slant out. But instead he threw it to a safety valve route design only to be thrown quickly if there was instance pressure upfront.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/99/schaubint.png/

Notice #83 breaking for a wide open out slant. Notice a clean protected pocket. Notice the panick decision to throw it late and flat to Casey that resulted in a pick 6.

Out Slant? Oh dear. I see the Bengals in zone and the man 'covering' AJ is about to release him, putting him in perfect position to intercept a pass to Walter.

amazing80
01-06-2013, 05:19 PM
Don't see anyone stating that Schaub led this team to victory or that he was the big reason why we won, but he only had like two bad plays to me.

I don't know man, maybe I've just always understood Schaub for what he was and a lot of you guys thought he was borderline elite or something. Schaub's play right now isn't that surprising to me, but he made some real good plays on 3rd down today at least. I won't ever expect Schaub to carry this team to victory. I expect the team to carry Schaub more, but for Schaub to carry them sometimes (but not often). We're a defensive run first team. That's who we are. Expecting Schaub to be any different then what he's always been isn't really fair to expect it NOW. We just need for him not to make INT's or fumbles and to be able to make some TD passes in the RZ.

schaub was inaccurate all game long, just take the last throw for instance, Graham made an UNBELIEVABLE catch to seal that game, Schaubs throw was pathetic.....he got lucky, that won't be good enough in Foxboro

klockWork
01-06-2013, 05:25 PM
Out Slant? Oh dear. I see the Bengals in zone and the man 'covering' AJ is about to release him, putting him in perfect position to intercept a pass to Walter.

AJ man wasn't releasing. He was breaking back in toward AJ to cover a hitch route. His back was also toward walter so there's no way he sees that route developing from behind. I rewind that play 5 times. No way that corner get back to cover Walter when he was too focus on our superstar reciever. That still doesn't explain why Schaub panick in that perfect pocket.

klockWork
01-06-2013, 05:45 PM
If Schaub didn't overthrow AJ deep along the sideline, he might have had a TD threre.

If AJ caught the ball in the endzone, he would have had a TD there, what's your point?

Why do people keep insisting AJ drop that TD pass? He can't catch it with his finger nails.

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/4241/ajj.png

AndyWin
01-06-2013, 05:53 PM
These rookie QBs look lightyears ahead of Schaub hahaha

PapaL
01-06-2013, 06:00 PM
I was just thinking that. Both of these guys have "it". When I see Schaub crapping the bed and rolling around in it week after week, I don't see "it". I just see something that ends in it but not "it".

Mr. Texan
01-06-2013, 06:02 PM
wilson had a dropped interception in the redzone and a fumble that should have been recovered by the redskins.

but i'm sure we'll gloss over that. that and andrew luck's fg fest this afternoon as well.

76Texan
01-06-2013, 06:02 PM
Why do people keep insisting AJ drop that TD pass? He can't catch it with his finger nails.

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/4241/ajj.png

And I've ready told you that the reason the ball was just off was because Wade Smith got beat right away and the DT was in Schaub's grill.

If Schaub directed the ball higher and to the inside, he would risk getting the ball batted down. If he tried to pull up he risked a sack.

The other point was that there was no catch by neither side.
You can play the what if game all day long, that ain't gonna change.

AndyWin
01-06-2013, 06:07 PM
I think the biggest thing is when you see these QBs roll out of the pocket and actually THROW the ball DOWNFIELD

When Schaub rolls out of the pocket, you might as well put an incompletion in the books as he throws it into the ground 3 yards downfield. It actually baffles me how un-athletic he is lol

Jules Winnfield
01-06-2013, 06:19 PM
I was just thinking that. Both of these guys have "it". When I see Schaub crapping the bed and rolling around in it week after week, I don't see "it". I just see something that ends in it but not "it".

Absolutely agree.

Schaub doesnt exude confidence with his teammates, fans, and media.

He exudes fear and loathing.

Some people have that "IT" factor. Some people dont.

I cant stand his stupid aloof gomer pyle face.

wilson had a dropped interception in the redzone and a fumble that should have been recovered by the redskins.

but i'm sure we'll gloss over that. that and andrew luck's fg fest this afternoon as well.

yea lets just gloss over the fact that matt schaub is a nine year veteran who is just finally played his first playoff game.

smdh at you trying to clown on rookies who led their team to the playoffs.

Even worse you bagging on Andrew Luck who plays with a horrid oline while being a rookie who led his team to a 11 win season a year before his team only won two games.

Luck would throw for 5k if he played for the texans.

Mr. Texan
01-06-2013, 06:22 PM
Luck would throw for 5k if he played for the texans.

this isn't madden

put the controller down

Premier
01-06-2013, 06:31 PM

right because that justifies matts liabilities. both thes eguys are ROOKIES playing in their first playoff game.. matt took 9 years to play in his first playoff game... these are also 2 VERY good defenses..

thats the problem with the schaub detractors, they always look for faults in other qbs to justify schaubs mediocre play..

ATXtexanfan
01-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Schaub a dinosaur with a knee high ceiling

Mr. Texan
01-06-2013, 06:34 PM
right because that justifies matts liabilities. both thes eguys are ROOKIES playing in their first playoff game.. matt took 9 years to play in his first playoff game...

i see compare schaub to rookies then when someone calls out the mistakes that they are also making go back to "hey don't compare them, they're rookies!!!!!".

whats the point?

oh right complain complain complain some more because the texans haven't sucked long enough to get a number 1 overall pick or maybe go decades like the redskins until we find a qb like rg3.

why watch this team?

blow it up so we can go years after years until we get an "elite"qb

AndyWin
01-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Schaub a dinosaur with a knee high ceiling

lmao

Premier
01-06-2013, 06:36 PM
i see compare schaub to rookies then when someone calls out the mistakes that they are also making go back to "hey don't compare them, they're rookies!!!!!".

schaub makes mistakes too, if these kids are making these same mistakes when they are 31 then say something..

damn you folks defend this dude at all costs..

both these qbs are already light years better than schaub and will likely get better, even if neither never become elite..

AndyWin
01-06-2013, 06:37 PM
schaub makes mistakes too, if these kids are making these same mistakes when they are 31 then say something..

both these qbs are already light years better than schaub and will likely get better, even if neither never become elite..

exactly

klockWork
01-06-2013, 06:38 PM
I know it's only one play but the more I study that particular play the more I'm convinced Schaub is a one-read QB. There were only three receivers out on that route, the rest stayed to block giving him max protect upfront. And yet he totally ignored Walter when he realized AJ was covered underneath and opted to throw to the one guy that shouldn't be thrown to unless he was under great duress in the pocket.

http://imageshack.us/a/img99/1356/schaubint.png

Mr. Texan
01-06-2013, 06:38 PM

it's not defending, just tired of people bitching about things they can't control.

oh i wish we could draft the next tom brady but it's not gonna happen soon.

deal with it.

Tailgate
01-06-2013, 06:39 PM
Schaub is just Schaub... Nothing more nothing less. We already knew that. Lets just be happy the Jags and Titans blew their wad a year early on thier QB picks and we only have Luck to deal with moving forward.

Premier
01-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Schaub is just Schaub... Nothing more nothing less. We already knew that. Lets just be happy the Jags and Titans blew their wad a year early on thier QB picks and we only have Luck to deal with moving forward.

not throwing inthe towel on locker yet.. gabbert is trash.. thats one qb i would rather have schaub over..

thunderkyss
01-06-2013, 06:43 PM

Just like Flacco, Ryan, Rivers, Vick, & Young right?

Premier
01-06-2013, 06:45 PM

i would take all those guys over schaub except Young...

its the SYSTEM, no reason those guys couldnt run this system..

EDIT maybe not RYAN, hes showed a tendency to be an absolute ***** come playoff time..

AndyWin
01-06-2013, 07:04 PM
You don't see Matt Schaub making half of the plays Russell Wilson is making tonight.
Seeing him sprint downfield to help block and get his RB into the endzone was amazing. Schaub would've pussed out and crapped his pants

CretorFrigg
01-06-2013, 07:06 PM
You don't see Matt Schaub making half of the plays Russell Wilson is making tonight.
Seeing him sprint downfield to help block and get his RB into the endzone was amazing. Schaub would've pussed out and crapped his pants

You can't really run in front of your RB when your 40 time is 25.5, and you only bench the bar.

AndyWin
01-06-2013, 07:09 PM
You can't really run in front of your RB when your 40 time is 25.5, and you only bench the bar.

lmao

Premier
01-06-2013, 07:10 PM
shanny left rg3 in way too long.. his knee just buckled with the brace on.. did not look good..

AndyWin
01-06-2013, 07:11 PM
shanny left rg3 in way too long.. his knee just buckled with the brace on.. did not look good..

one legged RGIII still more athletic and elusive than healthy Schaub

Mr teX
01-06-2013, 07:12 PM
one legged RGIII still more athletic and elusive than healthy Schaub

Not when he's heading for the locker room

AndyWin
01-06-2013, 07:14 PM
Not when he's heading for the locker room

still arguable.... ;)

dalemurphy
01-06-2013, 07:15 PM

Wilson was a great draft pick. Nobody is suggesting the Texans should avoid taking a stud, rookie QB in the 3rd round. Schaub supporters argue that the team can win with him and that the team shouldn't simply dump him and start over with "X".

Mr teX
01-06-2013, 07:20 PM
schaub was inaccurate all game long, just take the last throw for instance, Graham made an UNBELIEVABLE catch to seal that game, Schaubs throw was pathetic.....he got lucky, that won't be good enough in Foxboro

Inaccurate all game long? What game were u watching?

Mr teX
01-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Wilson was a great draft pick. Nobody is suggesting the Texans should avoid taking a stud, rookie WR in the 3rd round. Schaub supporters argue that the team can win with him and that the team shouldn't simply dump him and start over with "X".

Not to mention every team in the nfl passed on him twice....some 3 times...but hey, lets pretend like everyone in the nfl that is paid to research this stuff knew he was going to be as good as he's been and passed on him anyway.

Premier
01-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Schaub supporters argue that the team can win with him and that the team shouldn't simply dump him and start over with "X".

whose to say "X" wont be better just because of an unfamiliarity with the system... i get the whole schaub knows the system the best thing, great, he'll make a great coach one day and continue the shanny offense legacy in the future.. sticking with schaub will keep the texans on a treadmill. yates came in as unprepared as any potential replacement and did a damn good job winning a playoff game in the process.

BullBlitz
01-06-2013, 07:25 PM

Sad. But true.

ATXtexanfan
01-06-2013, 07:26 PM

Not at all. New school ballers. How many times has schaub run that bootleg for no gain? These kids would get five yards.

ATXtexanfan
01-06-2013, 07:27 PM

Lol right

Mr. Texan
01-06-2013, 07:27 PM
whose to say "X" wont be better just because of an unfamiliarity with the system... i get the whole schaub knows the system the best thing, great, he'll make a great coach one day and continue the shanny offense legacy in the future.. sticking with schaub will keep the texans on a treadmill. yates came in as unprepared as any potential replacement and did a damn good job winning a playoff game in the process.

whose to say "X' won't be worse than schaub? they might put up different stats but the result will be the same...no ring.

most of you guys won't be satisfied unless the texans win a super bowl.

until that happens no qb will be good enough.

infantrycak
01-06-2013, 07:29 PM

If anyone is making an argument to replace Schaub they need to shut up about Yates. He looked miserable compared to Schaub. Not even close and the offense came to a standstill. Fine, argue for replacing Schaub but this comes across as a temper tantrum of "even if I have no idea what I am talking about, I want rid of Schaub at all costs or I am going to cry."

I'd love to see an upgrade at QB but damn some folks are coming across like Schaub pissed in their Huggies.

Premier
01-06-2013, 07:30 PM
whose to say "X' won't be worse than schaub? they might put up different stats but the result will be the same...no ring.

most of you guys won't be satisfied unless the texans win a super bowl.

until that happens no qb will be good enough.

so because it might not work, lets not do it.. typical scared schaub/kubiak mentality.. no risk, no reward..

C Madd
01-06-2013, 07:32 PM

Pussed out and crapped his pants? Remember this? Schaub got blasted here and got up and said "Where's my ****ing helmet?" No incontinence seen here.

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/schaub-hit-9-23-12.gif

amazing80
01-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Inaccurate all game long? What game were u watching?

The game in which our qb left our guys out to dry on numerous occasions, the game 50% of his stats came off Yac, the game he had 2 attempts past 10 yards, the game he threw a pic 6 when Walter was open deep, the game that was sealed by a GREAT play by the TE, one even Matt was surprised he caught

The question is, what game were YOU watching

amazing80
01-06-2013, 07:33 PM
Pussed out and crapped his pants? Remember this? Schaub got blasted here and got up and said "Where's my ****ing helmet?" No incontinence seen here.

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/schaub-hit-9-23-12.gif

A late hit doesn't make him tough. Every time he is sacked you swear he just lost an arm the way he screams and curls up.....

Mr. Texan
01-06-2013, 07:34 PM
so because it might not work, lets not do it.. typical scared schaub/kubiak mentality.. no risk, no reward..

yeah, instead of maybe getting a legit #2 WR in the draft or OL to make the team slightly better.....let's just hit the reset button on a team with back-to-back division titles and playoff wins for an unknown and risk going back to the dom capers years.

C Madd

Also, today I learned 76% is inaccurate.

Premier
If anyone is making an argument to replace Schaub they need to shut up about Yates. He looked miserable compared to Schaub. Not even close and the offense came to a standstill. Fine, argue for replacing Schaub but this comes across as a temper tantrum of "even if I have no idea what I am talking about, I want rid of Schaub at all costs or I am going to cry."

wow, you completely missed the entire point of what you quoted. everyone is scared of replacing schaub because its "starting over" im just saying that a totally unprepared rookie came in and did pretty well,all things considered.. now imagine what a qb with playoff experience, or a young stud rookie could do given the opportunity.. you saw yates name and thought you would lay down the law.. when the point had really nothing to do with yates..

C Madd
01-06-2013, 07:36 PM
A late hit doesn't make him tough. Every time he is sacked you swear he just lost an arm the way he screams and curls up.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXvCKwHLIew

No curling. Just "where's my ****ing helmet!"

Premier
01-06-2013, 07:38 PM

thats the problem when you judge accuracy by its statistical measure, you think a qb who was all over the place was accurate.. all that stat proves is that passes were completed... accuracy is about putting the football in your receivers chest, in stride.. guys had to make some catches yesterday, even guys blamed andre for not making some ridiculous catch in the endzone because shacub threw a ball low and away from dres body..

infantrycak
01-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Whatever - y'all have fun with your circle jerk of Schaub hating (with no solutions for a happy ending). Just keep it in here instead of spreading your Kleenex all over the forum with new threads.

Mr teX
01-06-2013, 07:45 PM
The game in which our qb left our guys out to dry on numerous occasions, the game 50% of his stats came off Yac, the game he had 2 attempts past 10 yards, the game he threw a pic 6 when Walter was open deep, the game that was sealed by a GREAT play by the TE, one even Matt was surprised he caught

You sound patently stupid right now...

The only thing that has anything to do with accuracy in this post is what u say about schaub hanging someone out to dry..He had 1 throw where a guy was left out to dry...graham...where are these other "numerous" passes where he hung someone out to dry?

Also, 2 attempts past 10 yards has exactly what to do with accuracy?

50% YAC? Is that an official # or are u just talking out of your ass again?
And even if it was an official number, for those WR's to gain all that YAC, guess what? You've got to hit your WR's in stride or on point more often than not.

Of all the schaub haters, you're the 1 who makes the least sense...u should really stop posting..no really your posts are beyond terrible.

Premier
01-06-2013, 07:46 PM
yeah, instead of maybe getting a legit #2 WR in the draft or OL to make the team slightly better.....let's just hit the reset button on a team with back-to-back division titles and playoff wins for an unknown and risk going back to the dom capers years.

lol this system isnt about legit #2 receivers, they will continue to use mid to late rounders for the o-line. do you want 5 all pros to help schaub?? smfh the o-line was good enough to go 11-1, now we desperately need to draft stud tackles and guards with 1st round picks..

some of you will never get it..

Mr teX
01-06-2013, 07:49 PM
thats the problem when you judge accuracy by its statistical measure, you think a qb who was all over the place was accurate.. all that stat proves is passes were completed... accuracy is about putting the football in your receivers chest, in stride.. guys had to make some catches yesterday, even guys blamed andre for not making some ridiculous catch in the endzone because shacub threw a ball low and away from dres body..

Lol, the pass to AJ was "ridiculous" lol. I've seen that same placement put to 76543 wr's today in these games by supposedly better qb's and those WR's routinely made that catch...but b/c its schaub its an inaccurate awful pass? You're quickly reaching amazing80 "not taken serious" status.

PapaL

I'd love to see an upgrade at QB but damn some folks are coming across like Schaub pissed in their Huggies.

No. It comes across as football fans talking football and sharing their views. Not like the FO is coming here and saying of look infantrycak is backing Schaub - we must be doing something right. The point of a forum is discuss and share views; some opposing. God forbid!

Mr. Texan
smfh the o-line was good enough to go 11-1, now we desperately need to draft stud tackels and guards with 1st round picks..

so by that logic, schaub was good enough to go 11-1, now we desperately need a qb?

blow it up.

eventually we'll find that elite qb.

http://projectshanks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/browns-QBs.jpg

klockWork
01-06-2013, 07:51 PM

What does 76% worth when you only have 1 TD drives and the rest FG's to show for. What does 76% worth when our defense dominated but they were still one big play away from winning that game?

Premier
01-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Lol, the pass to AJ was "ridiculous" lol. I've seen that same placement put to 76543 wr's today in these games by supposedly better qb's and those WR's routinely made that catch...but b/c its schaub its an inaccurate awful pass? You're quickly reaching amazing80 "not taken serious" status.

idgaf what you do guy. you can put me on ignore. your defend schaub at all costs **** gets old quick. many of us have been wanting to get rid of this guy for years now, this is nothing new.. but fine schaubs pass to andre in the endzone was a precise pass that other wrs make all the time, 76543 times today. **** it lets draft a new wr who can make that catch..

Premier
01-06-2013, 07:57 PM
so by that logic, schaub was good enough to go 11-1, now we desperately need a qb?

blow it up.

]

you will never get it.. ride this bum till the wheels fall of.. 4 years later and our window is closed you still wont get it..

Mr teX
01-06-2013, 07:58 PM
idgaf what you do guy. you can put me on ignore. your defend schaub at all costs **** gets old quick. many of us have been wanting to get rid of this guy for years now, this is nothing new.. but fine schaubs pass to andre in the endzone was a precise pass that other wrs make all the time, 76543 times today. **** it lets draft a new wr who can make that catch..

Im not defending him at all costs...i just wont make up **** or revise history and overplay my hand to make him out to be worse than he really is like u some of u guys. Honestly, there's no need to do that.

eriadoc
01-06-2013, 07:58 PM
We can't have an All Encompassing Schaub thread without some play design breakdown.

Normal zone bootleg:

http://www.prodctr.com/lsimmons/pics/bootleg1.jpg

Schaub's bootleg:

http://www.prodctr.com/lsimmons/pics/bootleg2.jpg

:D

Mr. Texan
01-06-2013, 08:00 PM
4 years later and our window is closed you still wont get it..

when that happens, then we can go all in on trying to find that elite qb.

C Madd
01-06-2013, 08:01 PM
What does 76% worth when you only have 1 TD drives and the rest FG's to show for. What does 76% worth when our defense dominated but they were still one big play away from winning that game?

If we are using that logic, Houston was 1 or 2 opportunities from winning by blowout.

klockWork
01-06-2013, 08:02 PM
We can't have an All Encompassing Schaub thread without some play design breakdown.

Normal zone bootleg:

http://www.prodctr.com/lsimmons/pics/bootleg1.jpg

Schaub's bootleg:

http://www.prodctr.com/lsimmons/pics/bootleg2.jpg

:D

Ha Ha!

Surreal McCoy
01-06-2013, 08:03 PM
when that happens, then we can go all in on trying to find that elite qb

Yup. Especially since they're so easily found. I mean everyone has at least a great QB except us, right? Can't wait to have a QB that runs - look what it did for the Panthers!

C Madd
01-06-2013, 08:04 PM
I guess I am just confused as to what the Schaub haters want. Is Houston supposed to run out and draft a rookie because there were 3 rookies that did well this year? What about all the other years where rookies didn't pan out? Serious questions here.

Mr teX
01-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Yup. Especially since they're so easily found. I mean everyone has at least a great QB except us, right? Can't wait to have a QB that runs - look what it did for the Panthers!

And the colts today
And the redskins today
And the eagles this year

thunderkyss
01-06-2013, 08:07 PM
I know it's only one play but the more I study that particular play the more I'm convinced Schaub is a one-read QB. There were only three receivers out on that route, the rest stayed to block giving him max protect upfront. And yet he totally ignored Walter when he realized AJ was covered underneath and opted to throw to the one guy that shouldn't be thrown to unless he was under great duress in the pocket.

The way it's supposed to work, is that Schaub already knows where his guys are going. What he doesn't know, is where the defenders are going. So what they generally do is key off a guy or two on the defense.

It looks like Walter is about to break to the outside, but for all we know he's trying to get that safety to move outside so he can cut back in. So maybe (& I don't know any more than you do so I'm saying maybe) Schaub is watching that safety & since he knows that safety isn't moving, KDub is already out of the equation. Not only is there a safety on top, but a LB underneath. That would be a difficult throw, over the LB in front of the safety.

When you break down our defenses, try to find an instance when our LBs get that deep & stay shaded that close towards the receiver. (there are times when getting that deep isn't required, down & distance & the route combination should be your guide). He's got his eyes on the QB, but he sees (or "feels") Walter out of the corner of his eye.

That guy playing on top of Andre is not the guy Schaub should be looking at. Instead, it's that LB between Schaub & Andre. If Andre is to turn out, towards the sideline, he's open. If he turns inside (which it looks like he is) then he's not. Being that Andre is a gifted athlete, it's possible to throw the ball high & give him a chance to make a play. But that LB is so deep, even that would be a difficult throw (if Andrew was to break inside).

The picture you have doesn't really show it, but if you look at the motion of the defenders, they're already moving in the direction of the throw. Meaning the already know where he's going with the ball. Most likely because he patted the ball, or he reset his feet in that direction (which is what makes a 3, 5, 7 step drop so effective, your feet are trained to point where your eyes are looking when your last step drops & defenses don't have time to react). But that's why the ball was intercepted, he was late on the throw. He had somehow or another signaled where he was going & allowed the defense to react before the ball left his hand.

Premier
01-06-2013, 08:10 PM
the problem is you guys think the only possible upgrade is an elite qb... you seem to think that any option replacing schaub, at best, is a lateral move.

C Madd
01-06-2013, 08:11 PM
And the colts today
And the redskins today
And the eagles this year

Don't forget Browns, Dolphins, Cardinals.

Last year Titans, Jacksonville, Minnesota.

thunderkyss
01-06-2013, 08:11 PM
i would take all those guys over schaub except Young...

its the SYSTEM, no reason those guys couldnt run this system..

EDIT maybe not RYAN, hes showed a tendency to be an absolute ***** come playoff time..

I'm sure you would. However, the point is that the NFL was very excited about all of these guys at one time, but to date they've all disappointed. Luck, Wilson, Griffith, they all look good right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if Tannehill ends up being the most successful of them all.

Mr. Texan
01-06-2013, 08:13 PM
the problem is you guys think the only possible upgrade is an elite qb... you seem to think that any option moving forward, at best, is a lateral move.

and the problem is you seem to think the texans can get any qb they want at a snap of a finger.

hey flacco is better than schaub right?

texans: hey ravens give me flacco.

ravens: ok.

sorry but it doesn't work like that

you also seem to think any unamed rookie texans draft will lead the texans to a super bowl victory.

Mr teX
01-06-2013, 08:17 PM
the problem is you guys think the only possible upgrade is an elite qb... you seem to think that any option moving forward, at best, is a lateral move.

Well wouldn't that be the point of switching qbs? I mean if u guys consider schaub a game manager, what would be the point of switching to another game manager? Game managers are considered game managers b/c there's something about their game that isnt good....its usually a problem they have with the passing game.

Premier
01-06-2013, 08:17 PM
you also seem to think any unamed rookie will lead the texans to a super bowl victory.

i dont think that at all, im just positive schaub will never lead the texans to a superbowl victory. so lets cut the bull****..

and the problem is you seem to think the texans can get any qb they want at a snap of a finger.

hey flacco is better than schaub right?

texans: hey ravens give me flacco.

ravens: ok.

sorry but it doesn't work like that
oh it doesnt?? because before you said that i thought thats how it worked. i thought the rest of the nfl was at the Texans disposal... dude stfu, i dont live in a fantasy land so foh with your condescending remarks. i know an elite qb was available last off-season and the texans dismissed the idea of kicking the tires.. theyre content with this loser..

thunderkyss
01-06-2013, 08:23 PM
the game that was sealed by a GREAT play by the TE, one even Matt was surprised he caught

If we handicap New England's receivers, including TEs, to not make GREAT catches next week, I'll bet the house on the Texans. No tipping the ball to themselves, no one handed catches, no elevating above the defenders. If Brady doesn't lay it perfectly in their hands, they are not allowed to catch the ball....

I'll take the Texans every time.

Tell you what, how about something that makes more sense. I'll bet you whatever you want, that the Patriot TEs will make more GREAT catches than our TEs.

Mr. Texan
01-06-2013, 08:24 PM
i dont think that at all, im just positive schaub will never lead the texans to a superbowl victory. so lets cut the bull****..

that may be the case.

but i'd rather build the team to get better with what we have now than to go back to the 2-14 dark ages off a prayer.

that's for desperate teams with nothing to lose. i just don't feel the texans are there just yet, even if we lose to the patriots.

Premier
01-06-2013, 08:26 PM
If we handicap New England's receivers, including TEs, to not make GREAT catches next week, I'll bet the house on the Texans. No tipping the ball to themselves, no one handed catches, no elevating above the defenders. If Brady doesn't lay it perfectly in their hands, they are not allowed to catch the ball....

I'll take the Texans every time.

Tell you what, how about something that makes more sense. I'll bet you whatever you want, that the Patriot TEs will make more GREAT catches than our TEs.

yea and i bet their TEs will be heavily blanketed when they make those amazing catches and when our TEs make incredible catches they will be wide open.. thats the difference..

thunderkyss
01-06-2013, 08:26 PM
lol this system isnt about legit #2 receivers, they will continue to use mid to late rounders for the o-line. do you want 5 all pros to help schaub?? smfh the o-line was good enough to go 11-1, now we desperately need to draft stud tackles and guards with 1st round picks..

Am I the only one who sees the irony here?

Mr. Texan
01-06-2013, 08:28 PM
i dont live in a fantasy land

actually you do because you're calling to replace schaub with no plan.

just, REPLACE SCHAUB!!!!!!!!!!

you haven't even named a qb you want to draft or a free agent qb available coming up that we should go after.

just hypotheticals.

funny thing is i'm actually open to grooming a qb to replace schaub for the future.

and a wr for when aj slows down.

TexanSam
01-06-2013, 08:31 PM
oh it doesnt?? because before you said that i thought thats how it worked. i thought the rest of the nfl was at the Texans disposal... dude stfu, i dont live in a fantasy land so foh with your condescending remarks. i know an elite qb was available last off-season and the texans dismissed the idea of kicking the tires.. theyre content with this loser..

Unless Peyton Manning was willing to sign for the league minimum then there wasn't a chance in hell of him coming to Houston. We didn't even have the cap room to resign Winston, Briesel, and DeMeco Ryans. Did you want the Texans to cut even more quality players to go after Manning? Get rid of Foster, Brown, and probably a few other guys just to go after him? There was no realistic possibility of Manning come to Houston.

And can you come up with any realistic solution besides Matt Schuab? TJ Yates isn't the answer. He was an average college QB and hasn't shown that he'd be anything better as a pro. What players are out there that would be an upgrade over Schaub?

klockWork
01-06-2013, 08:33 PM
that may be the case.

but i'd rather build the team to get better with what we have now than to go back to the 2-14 dark ages off a prayer.

that's for desperate teams with nothing to lose. i just don't feel the texans are there just yet, even if we lose to the patriots.

Wait. What? You think w/o Schaub you think we won't win more than two games? Even if Yates starts all our game next year I think we can at least manage a 9 win season.

Premier
01-06-2013, 08:34 PM
actually you do because you're calling to replace schaub with no plan.

just, REPLACE SCHAUB!!!!!!!!!!

you haven't even named a qb you want to draft or a free agent qb available coming up that we should go after.

just hypotheticals.

right because this off-season there wasnt a 50 page thread saying to go get peyton manning... philip rivers might become available next offseason. weve even said lets drfaft a qb in the next 2 years with an early pick and let him sit behind schaub. but all you guys do is dismiss every suggestion and claim we dotn provide any solutions

Am I the only one who sees the irony here?

no irony, ive been wanting to get rid of schaub since the best he could do was go 8-8.. he lost my faith around 08 when he tossed a pick to lose the arizona game, it just got progressively worse. i mean he racked up a bunch of yards and you guys beat your chests over it. i saw a weak, mental midget who couldnt over come his teams mistakes and is afraid of the spot light..

Mr. Texan
01-06-2013, 08:36 PM
Wait. What? You think w/o Schaub you think we won't win more than two games? Even if Yates starts all our game next year I think we can at least manage a 9 win season.

9 wins?

i say 6 at best.

he couldn't even beat a garbage 2-14 colts team without manning or luck.

he's not the answer. im sorry i don't see it. i'd say he looked worse than the rookies in this current draft class.

thunderkyss
yea and i bet their TEs will be heavily blanketed when they make those amazing catches and when our TEs make incredible catches they will be wide open.. thats the difference..

Well, according to someone in this thread, the guy we're talking about, the catch that I was responding to, our guy was "hung out to dry"

I mean... like... he wasn't wide open.

Texan_Bill
Unless Peyton Manning was willing to sign for the league minimum then there wasn't a chance in hell of him coming to Houston.

/END Argument....... Good Job Sam and spot on!!!!

Anything else is tomfoolery!

GP
01-06-2013, 08:38 PM
I guess I am just confused as to what the Schaub haters want. Is Houston supposed to run out and draft a rookie because there were 3 rookies that did well this year? What about all the other years where rookies didn't pan out? Serious questions here.

Maybe we could, uh, like spend a higher draft pick on one? Rather than waiting until round 6 or 7 or grabbing a UDFA.

That wouldn't happen, though, because THAT would be sending a message to Matt Schaub that Matt Schaub's job just might be endangered. It's convenient for Gary to draft a clipboard QB so that it doesn't threaten his defacto starter.

And it also wouldn't work because drafting a Qb at ANY round is a crapshoot, so therefore that's another layer of protection for Matt Schaub and his fan club.

Really what it boils down to, IMO, is people are as conservative as Gary Kubiak is. They're afraid that any change would be a huge step backward and we'd regret it. When what's funny is we spent roughly 4 or 5 years with David Carr and were sunk every season that that jabroni was here being protected under similar circumstances, i.e. "Well, he's THE STARTER!" and "Where else are we going to find an upgrade?!?!" and "He just needs a better OL."

The problem with Matt is that he's juuuust good enough. Nobody wants to risk going backward. But that also means we aren't moving FORWARD, either.

dalemurphy
01-06-2013, 08:38 PM
right because this off-season there wasnt a 50 page thread saying to go get peyton manning... philip rivers might become available next offseason. weve even said lets drfaft a qb in the next 2 years with an early pick and let him sit behind schaub. but all you guys do is dismiss every suggestion and claim we dotn provide any solutions

no irony, ive been wanting to get rid of schaub since the best he could do was go 8-8.. he lost my faith around 08 when he tossed a pick to lose the arizona game, it just got progressively worse. i mean he racked up a bunch of yards and you guys beat your chests over it. i saw a weak, mental midget who couldnt over come his teams mistakes and is afraid of the spot light..

You realize that you are speaking about a QB with a 20-7 record the past two years, and a QB that won his only start in the playoffs... I'm concerned about Schaub's performance as well, but you are off the reservation with your criticisms.

Mr teX
01-06-2013, 08:39 PM

The problem is, u guys see what you want to see, and not what's actually

Premier
01-06-2013, 08:39 PM
weve seen teams up against the cap every year manage to sign free agents. peyton got a deal that is essentially a one year deal, with guaranteed money up front.. and none of the money after year 1 being guaranteed... acrafty gm could hhave distributed the money differently and taken more of a risk. its clear manning neck/arm isnt an issue..

thunderkyss
01-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Unless Peyton Manning was willing to sign for the league minimum then there wasn't a chance in hell of him coming to Houston.

Just out of curiosity, if that wasn't the case, if Rick Smith & Olsen were able to work their magic & sign Peyton, would you do it?

thunderkyss
01-06-2013, 08:43 PM

The OL went 11-1, but the best Schaub was able to do was 8-8.....

Break that one down for me. I mean small words, because this one is over my head.

GP
01-06-2013, 08:46 PM
Unless Peyton Manning was willing to sign for the league minimum then there wasn't a chance in hell of him coming to Houston. We didn't even have the cap room to resign Winston, Briesel, and DeMeco Ryans. Did you want the Texans to cut even more quality players to go after Manning? Get rid of Foster, Brown, and probably a few other guys just to go after him? There was no realistic possibility of Manning come to Houston.

And can you come up with any realistic solution besides Matt Schuab? TJ Yates isn't the answer. He was an average college QB and hasn't shown that he'd be anything better as a pro. What players are out there that would be an upgrade over Schaub?

I don't think Manning could work for this franchise and have it end up being what he's made it into at Denver with those guys. And I'm not kidding.

There's a culture here that's not exactly conducive to the way Peyton Manning operates. He's the type of guy who pushes all his chips into the center of the table, and he wants everyone else at the table to do the same thing.

He would have been utterly incompatible with Gary Kubiak. Gary would have had to go to counseling sessions because of Peyton. There would have been massive rioting in the locker room...I mean, there would be no lettermen jackets. No segways. No hipster Barwin peddling three-seaters through Houston's coffee shop district with his gang of fellow nerds. It would have been the most demanding environment they've ever seen. That would have been some damaging "energy" according to our team's resident Zen teacher.

Beyond the money issue, the guy was not a fit here. John Fox was like "Cool. Let's do this." LOL. John Fox don't care. He knows if a guy like Manning can butter his bread, then more power to the guy. He let Tebow do what Tebow does, and it got them into the second round of the playoffs last year.

If it makes anybody sleep better at night, though, I think Manning is a season or two away from being done. And the things we would have had to do to get him here, we'd be feeling the ramifications of that in 2013 and 2014, etc. So we might be seeing his final "good" year. Or not. Who knows.

TexanSam
01-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Just out of curiosity, if that wasn't the case, if Rick Smith & Olsen were able to work their magic & sign Peyton, would you do it?

If the Texans had room under the cap to sign Manning and not gut the team at the same time, then absolutely they should have gone after him.

I don't think Manning could work for this franchise and have it end up being what he's made it into at Denver with those guys. And I'm not kidding.

There's a culture here that's not exactly conducive to the way Peyton Manning operates. He's the type of guy who pushes all his chips into the center of the table, and he wants everyone else at the table to do the same thing.

He would have been utterly incompatible with Gary Kubiak. Gary would have had to go to counseling sessions because of Peyton. There would have been massive rioting in the locker room...I mean, there would be no lettermen jackets. No segways. No hipster Barwin peddling three-seaters through Houston's coffee shop district with his gang of fellow nerds. It would have been the most demanding environment they've ever seen. That would have been some damaging "energy" according to our team's resident Zen teacher.

Beyond the money issue, the guy was not a fit here. John Fox was like "Cool. Let's do this." LOL. John Fox don't care. He knows if a guy like Manning can butter his bread, then more power to the guy. He let Tebow do what Tebow does, and it got them into the second round of the playoffs last year.

If it makes anybody sleep better at night, though, I think Manning is a season or two away from being done. And the things we would have had to do to get him here, we'd be feeling the ramifications of that in 2013 and 2014, etc. So we might be seeing his final "good" year. Or not. Who knows.

Gary Kubiak worked with Steve Young and John Elway. I don't think Kubiak would have any problems meshing his coaching style with a Hall of Fame QB. He's done it in the past and if given the opportunity I'm fairly positive he could make it work here.

thunderkyss
01-06-2013, 08:50 PM
Maybe we could, uh, like spend a higher draft pick on one? Rather than waiting until round 6 or 7 or grabbing a UDFA.

That wouldn't happen, though, because THAT would be sending a message to Matt Schaub that Matt Schaub's job just might be endangered. It's convenient for Gary to draft a clipboard QB so that it doesn't threaten his defacto starter.

Didn't we have a former first rounder backing up Schaub? Actually two. Grossman & Leinart. Technically, these guys fit the "more athletic" than Schaub.

I would think that would send the same message as drafting a 2nd/3rd rounder.

How did they look in "the system"?

GP
01-06-2013, 08:50 PM
If the Texans had room under the cap to sign Manning and not gut the team at the same time, then absolutely they should have gone after him.

I went back and forth on that idea back in the off-season and leading up to camp, as well. The "what if" game.

It seems like a better shot at getting to, and winning, a SB. And right now, it looks like we messed up.

But even back then, I had this feeling that (a) He would never pan out here for Kubiak with the way Gary does things, (b) what else would we have had to cut in order to fit him in under the cap here? and (c) what if he has a bad year and it was a bad move, a "reach", and then what if he had a great year here but then next year he gets carted off the field and is done forever.

Three major issues that just couldn't be overcome.

Premier
01-06-2013, 08:52 PM
i quit, im not going to change any of your minds, and youre not going to change mine.. lets just end this back and forth..

thunderkyss
01-06-2013, 08:52 PM
weve seen teams up against the cap every year manage to sign free agents. peyton got a deal that is essentially a one year deal, with guaranteed money up front.. and none of the money after year 1 being guaranteed... acrafty gm could hhave distributed the money differently and taken more of a risk. its clear manning neck/arm isnt an issue..

Honestly. If you had to chose between the Broncos, Elway, & Fox or Texans, Smith, & Kubiak, who would you chose? How much more would the Texans have to pay to get you?

Matt Schaub
01-06-2013, 08:53 PM
The Texans have a great chance of going far in the playoffs.

We just have to believe and have faith. We have the best coach in the league, and he has not once steered us wrong.

gtexan02
01-06-2013, 08:53 PM
I seriously don't know wtf most of this thread is even about. Thank god most of you aren't in control of this franchise. We are 24 and 11 over the past two years, including 2-1 in the playoffs, and we have thousands of posts that want to basically blow up the team (fire the coaching staff and draft a rookie QB to start right away).

We spent so much time in "rebuilding mode" it's like many of you can't enjoy anything else.

Schaub isn't a HoF QB but we've won 13 games this season and have a real chance at the Super Bowl. There are 24 teams who'd kill to be in our position

GP
01-06-2013, 08:56 PM
The Texans have a great chance of going far in the playoffs.

We just have to believe and have faith. We have the best coach in the league, and he has not once steered us wrong.

:backsout:

Dutchrudder
01-06-2013, 08:57 PM

That's not true at all. There was a path to make a run at Peyton, but it needed to start the first minute of free agency.

Cutting/trading Schaub would have saved about 7.2 million in salary.
Cutting Walter would have saved 4.5 million at the time.
NOT cutting Demeco would have saved us about 3-4 million in salary this year as opposed to the dead money created AND he would still be on the team.
JJo could have restructured like he did this season to save about 3.66 million.
Cutting Winston freed up another 3-4 million.

It was possible for sure, but we didn't even attempt to get him, instead they chose to take the dead money this year for mistakes made in the past, and hope to use it on future players. Cutting or trading Schaub before the 2015 offseason is now unfeasible given his extension. Only avenue of an upgrade at QB is through the draft.

klockWork
01-06-2013, 09:00 PM
9 wins?

i say 6 at best.

he couldn't even beat a garbage 2-14 colts team without manning or luck.

he's not the answer. im sorry i don't see it. i'd say he looked worse than the rookies in this current draft class.

I never said Yates is the answer. I think he's as garbage as Schaub. Hell, last season I was hoping Kubiak let Jake Dellome start in the PA instead of Yates.
I don't even want Yates in our roster. As long as that guy is our backup QB Schaub's starting job will always be secure.

C Madd
01-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Whatever side everyone is on, I think we can all agree...at least we don't have Mark Sanchez.

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/sanchez.gif

Matt Schaub
01-06-2013, 09:14 PM
I never said Yates is the answer. I think he's as garbage as Schaub. Hell, last season I was hoping Kubiak let Jake Dellome start in the PA instead of Yates.
I don't even want Yates in our roster. As long as that guy is our backup QB Schaub's starting job will always be secure.

:specnatz:

Surreal McCoy
01-06-2013, 09:18 PM
That's not true at all. There was a path to make a run at Peyton, but it needed to start the first minute of free agency.

NOT cutting Demeco would have saved us about 3-4 million in salary this year as opposed to the dead money created AND he would still be on the team.

It was possible for sure, but we didn't even attempt to get him, instead they chose to take the dead money this year for mistakes made in the past, and hope to use it on future players. Cutting or trading Schaub before the 2015 offseason is now unfeasible given his extension. Only avenue of an upgrade at QB is through the draft.

And Foster?

infantrycak
01-06-2013, 09:18 PM

Wrong. Unless he is injured and can't pass a physical at the beginning of the new league year both years 2 and 3 are guaranteed at $20 mil per year.

Dutch - I am sorry but it is more than coming up with what could have been done to match 1st year salaries. The Texans would have had to clear 20% of their cap space for the next 5 years.

Surreal McCoy
01-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Whatever side everyone is on, I think we can all agree...at least we don't have Mark Sanchez.

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/sanchez.gif

At least he can throw the ball more than 10'! :kitten:

amazing80
01-06-2013, 09:19 PM
You sound patently stupid right now...

The only thing that has anything to do with accuracy in this post is what u say about schaub hanging someone out to dry..He had 1 throw where a guy was left out to dry...graham...where are these other "numerous" passes where he hung someone out to dry?

Also, 2 attempts past 10 yards has exactly what to do with accuracy?

50% YAC? Is that an official # or are u just talking out of your ass again?
And even if it was an official number, for those WR's to gain all that YAC, guess what? You've got to hit your WR's in stride or on point more often than not.

Of all the schaub haters, you're the 1 who makes the least sense...u should really stop posting..no really your posts are beyond terrible.

Oooo a challenge, I like this

Umm, the pass to AJ in the endzone was off target, he led him too much, Dre barely got his fingers on it.

The terrible throw that went for 6, the other way

In the 3rd quarter he over threw Aj down the sidelines by a mile, but we got lucky and had a holding call away from the play

Those are off the top my head, I bet if you break down film, theres more

2 attempts past 10 yards has to do with his ability to carry a team. He can't, hes a game manager, and nothing more.

The 50% of his yards are YAc is a very accurate stat, do some research. And it has nothing to do with hitting guys in stride when all your passes are less than 10 yards, its great scheming to get them wide freakin open.

Look, Schaub is a game manager and if the run game and defense are great, we win. Like Saturday. If they are point, Schaub won't carry us. Thats the only point us Schaub "haters" are trying to make, we think we need a new qb very soon because at some point the qb will have to drag us to a win, and Schaub can't do that

EllisUnit
01-06-2013, 09:57 PM
Please quit throwing the ball 3 yards short of the first down eveytime. Please quit acting like davd carr and checking it down on every pass.

Please quit folding up like a child every time a defender is 12 feet away from you. After u lay down they just walk up to you and touch your leg. It is really sad.

Most of all PLEASE quit making those crazy eyes. Your freaking me out man.

Now i know you are not really Matt Schaub but take these suggestions for what its worth incase you start a QB career on Madden one day.

rmartin65
01-06-2013, 10:00 PM
Trying not to be a grammar Nazi...

Back on topic, is there someone on the board claiming to be Schaub? Or is this post sarcastic in nature?

76Texan
01-06-2013, 10:00 PM

You need to walk me through this one Dutch; I think it's a whole more complicated than meet the eyes.

First, let sah we were able to trade Schaub, do we still have to spread the original signing bonus and the $10M option bonus from his fourth year and figure them into the cap hit?

Walter already had his salary cut to 2M in mid March, correct?

Keeping Demeco, and we still incur nearly $6M in salary and cap hit.
And he wouldn't happy in a reduced role.
Who knows, maybe they had a talk and both sides agreed that it's best for him to go to a 4-3 team.
Even if we had keep him, we will have a problem next year when his salary and cap hit increase.

Winston's salary is already accounted for.

I just don't see enough room for $18M.
Then if Manning passes the physical next year, it will trigger a salary of $20M guarantee the next two years (13 and 14).

I don't think it can work; and even if it does, it will put us in dire strait year after year.

EllisUnit
01-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Trying not to be a grammar Nazi...

Back on topic, is there someone on the board claiming to be Schaub? Or is this post sarcastic in nature?

Oh no there is a guy his name ironically is "Matt Schaub" go figure huh.

And i have to type all day at work and be proper the message board is a chance to half ass everything :)

Mr teX
01-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Oooo a challenge, I like this

Umm, the pass to AJ in the endzone was off target, he led him too much, Dre barely got his fingers on it.

lol, it was an out route dre was supposed to run thru..AJ couldn't get off the jam at the LOS and the timing was thrown off mainly b/c of that...that has zero to do with schaub. Schaub couldn't hold the ball any longer than he actually did b/c he had a guy in his face...it was still an extremely catchable ball..AJ would be the first to tell u he should've caught that b/c it was most definitely in his catch radius.

The terrible throw that went for 6, the other way

bad decision and great play by hall moreso than an accuracy issue.

In the 3rd quarter he over threw Aj down the sidelines by a mile, but we got lucky and had a holding call away from the play

lol, if AJ isn't impeded by the cb, AJ's got a shot at that ball...

Those are off the top my head, I bet if you break down film, theres more

2 attempts past 10 yards has to do with his ability to carry a team. He can't, hes a game manager, and nothing more.

that's not what your post was about, it was about accuracy...u can't even stay on point about your own posts..aside from that, WTF does that have to do with schaub? He doesnt call the plays.

The 50% of his yards are YAc is a very accurate stat, do some research. And it has nothing to do with hitting guys in stride when all your passes are less than 10 yards, its great scheming to get them wide freakin open.

oh, so now we're giving the great kubiak props for laying down a great scheme for schaub to play in? Your hate knows no bounds.....so why then did our great scheme not show up last year for yates when our ppg fell to like 17 ppg once schaub went out? why did rex grossman look like a clown when he got his chance to play in this great scheme here and in washington? aside from that, your statement makes zero sense and further shows that you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Look, Schaub is a game manager and if the run game and defense are great, we win. Like Saturday. If they are point, Schaub won't carry us. Thats the only point us Schaub "haters" are trying to make, we think we need a new qb very soon because at some point the qb will have to drag us to a win, and Schaub can't do that

This is what i want you to do before the next time you post. I want you to go watch some other qb's for an entire game that you deem better than schaub that aren't the elite qb's in the league. I want you to see how many passes that they put right in the bread basket of the WR and how many passes the WR has to adjust for; where they're either jumping up for, slowing down for, laying out for, going to the ground for. i guarantee u you will find at least the same amount of "inaccurate" passes if not more from each qb in these games b/c none of these guys r perfect.

thunderkyss
01-06-2013, 10:05 PM

I thought we were scoring 27 ppg last year, because Schaub was more than a game manager. We figured we could win with Leinart, because he would only have to be a game manager. Yates came in & managed the game to 16 ppg.

Most of us..... I'm guessing not you, was convinced if Schaub were playing (& not the game manager) we would have beat the Ravens (because we averaged 27 ppg & our defense played better because Matt kept the other team off the field) & the way the Pats played in the AFCCG, there was little doubt here that Matt would have beat them as well.

When did Matt become a "game manager" ?

EllisUnit
01-06-2013, 10:06 PM
I thought we were scoring 27 ppg last year, because Schaub was more than a game manager. We figured we could win with Leinart, because he would only have to be a game manager. Yates came in & managed the game to 16 ppg.

Most of us..... I'm guessing not you, was convinced if Schaub were playing (& not the game manager) we would have beat the Ravens (because we averaged 27 ppg & our defense played better because Matt kept the other team off the field) & the way the Pats played in the AFCCG, there was little doubt here that Matt would have beat them as well.

When did Matt become a "game manager" ?

After he hurt his foot

PapaL
01-06-2013, 10:08 PM
Why did the "The Ask Matt Schaub Thread" get locked? That was some good stuff going on there.

76Texan
01-06-2013, 10:34 PM

lol, if AJ isn't impeded by the cb, AJ's got a shot at that ball...

Good play by the CB; the pass was spot on if AJ was able to gain the advantage there; and I mean SPOT ON.

Also, Schaub threw a pass that O.D. could have caught for a first down (but he dropped the ball) with pressure on.

Another pass to O.D. was also with pressure on, but the LB Burfict commited a PI.
We got the PI, but Schaub was without another completion for 11 yards under pressure.

Obviously, we've already talked about how Wade Smith got beat badly on that pass that Schaub threw just off AJ's fingertips in the end zone.

Stating that Schaub was all over the place was simply incorrect.

76Texan
01-06-2013, 10:39 PM
The INT was a bad throw, that's for sure.

However, I remember somebody thought Schaub could have gone to Walter deeper. I say no can do. If Schaub held up and waited for Walter to make the cut, a DT would have been right on him from the back side (splitting Newton and Foster.)

Mr teX
01-06-2013, 10:41 PM

However, I remember somebody thought Schaub could have gone to Walter deeper. I say no can do. If Schaub held up and waited for Walter to make the cut, a DT would have been right on him from the back side (splitting Newton and Foster.)

Not to mention the FS was in play to intercept...we also dont know schaub's read progression.

mussop
01-06-2013, 11:12 PM
Not to mention the FS was in play to intercept...we also dont know schaub's read progression.

Sure we do! Take a quik Look downfield if the primary WR isnt wide open dump the ball off to the check off several yards short of the first down.

Dutchrudder
01-06-2013, 11:21 PM
Dutch - I am sorry but it is more than coming up with what could have been done to match 1st year salaries. The Texans would have had to clear 20% of their cap space for the next 5 years.

No way, the only year in question would have been 2012. Without Schaubs extension, and the release of Walter, it's easy to clear 15-17 million for 2013 and beyond. He would have taken a bit less money with us, but he might have done it if he thought he was on a better team.

Not that it really matters since this is all what could have been, but it's fun to think about.

76Texan
01-06-2013, 11:44 PM
No way, the only year in question would have been 2012. Without Schaubs extension, and the release of Walter, it's easy to clear 15-17 million for 2013 and beyond. He would have taken a bit less money with us, but he might have done it if he thought he was on a better team.

Not that it really matters since this is all what could have been, but it's fun to think about.

I don't understand this.
Manning's salary and cap hit is $18M this year and $20M the next 2 years.

Even if we release Walter, we still don't have enough money for salary (not even counting that we will need to release other players as well to accomodate for Peyton's cap hit.)

mussop
01-07-2013, 12:15 AM
when that happens, then we can go all in on trying to find that elite qb.

We don't need an elite QB. NO ONE HAS SAID WE DO! Just because a QB is better than Schaub doesn't mean they are anywhere near elite status.

So according to you we should waste all the good talent we have hoping its good enough to carry Schaub to a Super Bowl? You must hate Andre Johnson.

Show me where anyone is saying we need to replace Schaub RIGHT NOW.

Also who gives a rats ass about stats or salary. Like most of your combacks Neither prove anything. If Schaub was half as good as some of you guys think we wouldn't be so pathetic in the red zone.

The formula for playing a Schaub led offense is simple. Give him the underneath stuff and he'll eat it up. Then kill the receiver after the catch. Get any pressure on him on third and long and he'll go safety valve everytime.

Cinci played the right strategy today they just didn't have the right players to make it work. We abused Mauluga (sp) who is horrible in pass coverage. Of course once we got down to the red zone that didn't matter as much and they basically shut us down.

Mr. Texan
01-07-2013, 12:18 AM
If Schaub was half as good as some of you guys think we wouldn't be so pathetic in the red zone.

and if schaub was as garbage as some of you try to say he is we wouldn't be 12-4 with a playoff win.

Mr. Texan
01-07-2013, 12:24 AM
i'm still waiting on the suggestions on available free agent qb's and upcoming college qb prospects that no one has mentioned yet.

i've already said i'm open to finding a successor to schaub.

names some names. i'm talking about a clear upgrade not a lateral move that won't make the texans significantly better.

infantrycak
01-07-2013, 12:29 AM
Sure we do! Take a quik Look downfield if the primary WR isnt wide open dump the ball off to the check off several yards short of the first down.

Classic example of losing yourself into irrational hatred. Some of you folks want Kubiak fired and Gruden brought in. Cool, just a few weeks ago Gruden was breaking down plays on how well Schaub looked off defenders and made his progressions. Frankly I thought he was too effusive at the time. Now I think you poo flingers are ridiculous.

mussop
01-07-2013, 01:32 AM
i'm still waiting on the suggestions on available free agent qb's and upcoming college qb prospects that no one has mentioned yet.

i've already said i'm open to finding a successor to schaub.

names some names. i'm talking about a clear upgrade not a lateral move that won't make the texans significantly better.

Oh here you go with this crap again. As if no one is allowed to point out Schaubs obvious (to anyone with a clue) flaws unless they suggest a replacent for him. How ignorant can you be? Players are replaced all the time. You don't have to have a specific player in mind to know that one needs to be found.

We simply need to keep our eyes and ears open. Keep all options open and be a little proactive in the market. If there are no good value guys out there currently that could at least compete with Schaub then game plan for the draft.

What's that, there's no good QB's in this draft? Then trade away this years first for a first next year that way The following year we have 2 first round picks to barter with.

That's all anyone that is knocking Schaub is saying. He's not the guy that is going to take us where we want to go. The sooner that is realized the sooner we can start planning to do something about it. YOU are the only one with the idea that it needs to be done now.

Mr. Texan
01-07-2013, 01:39 AM
yet i've consistently said i'm open to grooming a qb to take over for schaub (and a WR to take over for AJ once he slows down) in the future and you completely gloss over that.

you're arguing something i've already agreed with.

if you could read, i was talking to someone who wanted to just dump schaub in start over with an unproven rookie :mariopalm:

mussop
01-07-2013, 01:45 AM
Classic example pf losing yourself into irrational hatred. Some of you folks want Kubiak fired and Gruden brought in. Cool, just a few weeks ago Gruden was breaking down plays on how well Schaub looked off defenders and made his progressions. Frankly I thought he was too effusive at the time. Now I think you poo flingers are ridiculous.

I'm not a Kubiak supporter but I think he is capable of winning a Super Bowl with this team if it had a better QB. problem is he refuses to give up on people once he gets close to them. We seen it with his d coordinators. We are seeing it now with his special teams coach and his QB. it's going to be his downfall. It's easy to see coming.

Just because I don't believe in him doesn't mean I don't want him to succeed. It's just painfully obvious that he doesn't have the managerial qualities it takes to be the man. You have to be able to put aside you personal feelings for players and coaches and do what's best for the team. If he could do that I believe he is good enough despite his shortcomings as a head coach to win a Super Bowl.

By the way, Gruden has never been someone I would want here. Can't stand him.

P.S. I thought you were going to stay out of our circle jerk. Just couldn't stay away huh? :)

mussop
01-07-2013, 01:54 AM
if you could read, i was talking to someone who wanted to just dump schaub in start over with an unproven rookie :mariopalm:

No you weren't that has been your mantra from the start. "If you are going to complain about him then tell us who to replace him with". Bla bla bla!!!!!!

Show me some post that suggest we replace Matt schab immediately with a draft choice next year or even a free agent.

Mr. Texan
01-07-2013, 01:59 AM
Show me some post that suggest we replace Matt schab immediately with a draft choice next year or even a free agent.

Schaub supporters argue that the team can win with him and that the team shouldn't simply dump him and start over with "X".

there you go.

pretty much saying start over with another qb.

mussop
01-07-2013, 02:07 AM
there you go.

pretty much saying start over with another qb.

And you say I can't read. Your comprehension skills are lacking my friend. First off that dale m post is stating the same bs argument that you are. That anyone dogging Schaub is saying they want him replaced now. And just like your pathetic argument it's not true.

The second post you so proudly threw out also in no way suggest that Schaub needs to be replaced RIGHT NOW or with a rookie next year. It's all in your little head. May I suggest some remedial comprehension classes at a local jr college. Could do you a world of good.

Mr. Texan
01-07-2013, 02:18 AM
Is your name Premier? I could have sworn that I was in a discussion with him not you.

You quoted something and started bleeding out of your vagina over something that wasn't even directed towards you.

klockWork
01-07-2013, 02:26 AM

Who do you see touching Schaub in that screen shot? Walter is into his cut, left cb broke into AJ leaving the left field expose, safety in the middle still back pedaling. If the pass is thrown at that point and toward the sideline it would've been a 20+ gain out of bounds instead of a pick 6. Even if he chooses not to throw there its inexplicable to throw to Casey when the line gave more than enough time to weigh his option. Throw it away at least.

Bottom line of that play is Schaub made a panick throw in a clean pocket. The dude have absolutely zero pocket-awareness. That's my biggest gripe about this guy. It's not his below average arm, it's not his lack of mobility, it's not his leadership skill. It's about him failing to remain poise and making that extra read in coverage.

EllisUnit
01-07-2013, 07:54 AM

Dunno man i watched the replay a few times and Walter was wide open well before Schaub threw the ball, to me it didnt appear he even looked down field instead it looked like he staired down Casey the entire play.

Whats done is done, but Schaub has become the old version of David carr after our o-line had him shell shocked. Check down, check down, check down. Seems it has been this way for a while this season now. I dont know what changed from early in the year when he was chunking bombs like he did in Denver.

Its like he lost all confidence.

Dutchrudder
01-07-2013, 11:07 AM
I don't understand this.
Manning's salary and cap hit is $18M this year and $20M the next 2 years.

Even if we release Walter, we still don't have enough money for salary (not even counting that we will need to release other players as well to accomodate for Peyton's cap hit.)

I'm just going off memory here for Schaub's 2012 cap number pre-extension, but iirc he had 7.2 million in non-guaranteed salary and a little left over signing bonus (1.25 million I think). Cutting/Trading him in 2012 would have saved that much, and he obviously would have never gotten an extension. His 2013 projected cap hit will be 10.75 million, Walters is 4.5 million. That's 15.25 million alone in free money for 2013 and beyond, which IMHO is enough to make a legitimate run at Peyton Manning and pay him for years to come. Not only that, but Schaub actually restructured the remainder of his deal into his new extension, which increased his 2012 cap hit by about 2 million. So there's some more change to help go after Manning.

I don't think we would have offered the same amount per year as Denver, but we could have been competitive (16-18 million per year range). By the way, Schaub's last two years of his current deal are projected to be 17 and 19 million cap hits.

Bottom line, it was completely feasible if there was a significant effort to get Manning. Schaub could have been kept on the roster while they made a play for Peyton, and if it didn't work out, then you still have a QB. But it's clear the organization wasn't interested in Manning, so it's all water under the bridge.

thunderkyss
01-07-2013, 11:27 AM
I dont know what changed from early in the year when he was chunking bombs like he did in Denver.

We all want Kubiak to be "fiery" right? It's been said that he is "fiery" in the locker room, he's just not going to berate his players on TV, during the game.

Imagine that Kubiak rode up & down Schaub after that New England game, in the locker room, or in the film room. Tore him a new one, not for throwing the INT, but for not seeing the wide open Arian Foster with nothing but green between him & the end-zone.

So now you have Matt Schaub second guessing himself. He thinks twice about that bomb he threw to Andre that was underthrown & Andre had to fight off the defender for the ball.

He second guesses himself & he underthrows that ball to Casey, allowing Vonte Davis to undercut him.

He starts launching the balls over the top, overthrowing everybody (they obviously don't practice this). He's thrown more INTs since that game than he has all year... I think. At least he's thrown more INTs in that 4 game period than he has in any 4 game period this year.

That interception on the Casey throw Saturday, again he's second guessing himself & threw it late. He's not trusting what he sees anymore, he's looking for alternatives & his decisions are coming a lot slower.

Just a theory.

76Texan
01-07-2013, 11:47 AM
I'm just going off memory here for Schaub's 2012 cap number pre-extension, but iirc he had 7.2 million in non-guaranteed salary and a little left over signing bonus (1.25 million I think). Cutting/Trading him in 2012 would have saved that much, and he obviously would have never gotten an extension. His 2013 projected cap hit will be 10.75 million, Walters is 4.5 million. That's 15.25 million alone in free money for 2013 and beyond, which IMHO is enough to make a legitimate run at Peyton Manning and pay him for years to come. Not only that, but Schaub actually restructured the remainder of his deal into his new extension, which increased his 2012 cap hit by about 2 million. So there's some more change to help go after Manning.

I don't think we would have offered the same amount per year as Denver, but we could have been competitive (16-18 million per year range). By the way, Schaub's last two years of his current deal are projected to be 17 and 19 million cap hits.

Bottom line, it was completely feasible if there was a significant effort to get Manning. Schaub could have been kept on the roster while they made a play for Peyton, and if it didn't work out, then you still have a QB. But it's clear the organization wasn't interested in Manning, so it's all water under the bridge.

As I had posted earlier, Walter already got his salary reduced to $2M sometimes in Mid March (his cap hit is $3M, I believe.)

Adding the cap hits of Schaub and Walter together (per Spotrac), we come up with $15.2M.

That's $2.8M short of the $18M.

What does that mean?
Either:

1. Manning has to agreed to sign for $2.8M less for us to stay at the same cap number (that we must) and Walter is gone while we don't have any one on the roster that can do the things he was asked for besides catching the ball.
The only guy we had at that time was Jean who was on IR for the entire 2011, and therefore had never practiced those blocks and routes that Walter runs.
(I never thought for a moment that they can cut Walter. Next year, they will a possibility, if they've been having Jean and Posey learning to do those things all this time.) Do you think that Peyton would leave $2.8M on the table?

2. Keeping Walter and cut several players to make the cap.
Take a look at the cap hits, who and how many players can the Texans cut (replacing them with minimum-salary players) to make it work?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/cap-hit/

I don't think it's feasible.

76Texan
01-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Dunno man i watched the replay a few times and Walter was wide open well before Schaub threw the ball, to me it didnt appear he even looked down field instead it looked like he staired down Casey the entire play.

Whats done is done, but Schaub has become the old version of David carr after our o-line had him shell shocked. Check down, check down, check down. Seems it has been this way for a while this season now. I dont know what changed from early in the year when he was chunking bombs like he did in Denver.

First, I think somebody posted about Ron Jaworski somewhere.

I read (ESPN, I think) that Jaws had Schaub at #9 in his final QB ranking.

Then on Mike $ Mike, when Jaws talked with them about the 4 Wild Card games, he was asked about what he saw on tapes with Schaub.
He responded that he saw a QB that started to have his confidence back again.

Now, back to that INT. We already agreed that it was a bad throw.
We're only trying to see if we can figure out what happened on that play.

On the offensive side, the Texans kept the TE and the RB back to block.
On the left side, we were running a three-level pattern.
Walter ran a corner route deep; AJ ran a stop route in the middle, and Casey ran a quick out route to the flat at the lowest level.

What I think Schaub saw at the outset is a 4-Man pass rush.
The LBs all dropped back immediately.
It figures to be cover 2 and 5 zone under.

In that case, he expected that the RCB Hall to go back to his landmark first before reacting back to Casey.

A quick throw there should do the trick; he didn't expect that Hall would jump the route since it was not supposed to be man coverage.
If it was man coverage, Hall would have ran with AJ while one of the LBs would jump out on Casey.

IMHO, it was a good play by Hall.
Schaub, reading zone, can't wait for the CB to find his landmark.

buddyboy
01-07-2013, 01:29 PM

This is completely fair.

Schaub didn't play lights out, I don't think anyone will claim that. Claiming the Texans won DESPITE Schaub because our run game was rolling and our defense was playing well is ludicrous; you're penalizing someone for something because other aspects made it unnecessary.

Facts:

Schaub will need to play better to beat the Patriots. We know he is CAPABLE of that play, but he needs to find that play again, because he has not shown it as of late.

The TEAM itself also needs to elevate its play. This cannot be a repeat of 21-0 after three possessions.

Tom Brady and the Patriots are monsters in the playoffs and the Texans are severe underdogs; we CAN win, likely WON'T win.

Premier
01-07-2013, 01:53 PM
I dont know what changed from early in the year when he was chunking bombs like he did in Denver.

Thin air.

Dutchrudder
01-07-2013, 01:54 PM
As I had posted earlier, Walter already got his salary reduced to $2M sometimes in Mid March (his cap hit is $3M, I believe.)

Yes, 3 million in savings this year at the very least, but he is on the books for 4.5 million 2013, so that's the savings for 2013 and beyond. None of it is guaranteed, or would have been, had he been cut at the start of free agency in 2012. The point being that there is more money available in the future for salary escalation if necessary, so if the first year is 15.25 million, it's entirely possible to go higher in future years to make the total value higher.

Adding the cap hits of Schaub and Walter together (per Spotrac), we come up with $15.2M.

That's $2.8M short of the $18M.

Ok, that's exactly what I said, and up thread I showed other savings we could have used to go after him. I also said that Manning may have been interested in taking less money if he thought we were a better situation than Denver, I never said anything about matching the offer dollar for dollar.

What does that mean?
Either:

1. Manning has to agreed to sign for $2.8M less for us to stay at the same cap number (that we must) and Walter is gone while we don't have any one on the roster that can do the things he was asked for besides catching the ball.
The only guy we had at that time was Jean who was on IR for the entire 2011, and therefore had never practiced those blocks and routes that Walter runs.
(I never thought for a moment that they can cut Walter. Next year, they will a possibility, if they've been having Jean and Posey learning to do those things all this time.) Do you think that Peyton would leave $2.8M on the table?

I think 2.8 million is the least of Peyton's worries. I think he's interested in rings, not a couple million here and there. His endorsement deals certainly bring in some significant money, but I would be surprised if that small amount of money was a deal breaker.

2. Keeping Walter and cut several players to make the cap.
Take a look at the cap hits, who and how many players can the Texans cut (replacing them with minimum-salary players) to make it work?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/cap-hit/

I don't think it's feasible.

I stated other options for saving capspace upthread. Cut Winston and Jacoby, and declare them June 1st cuts. Keeping Demeco would have saved us at least a million or two, and it would have reduced the dead money incurred if he was traded in 2013. He would have taken over for Cushing instead of the hodgepodge of ILBs we have been using. Could have kept Reed at OLB, which may have improved our pass rush this season. Restructure JJo and Antonio Smith for sure. There's always money to be moved around if needed, saying it was not possible is just asinine though. Where there's a will, there's a way, but there was no will with the Texans.

The thing I really don't like about your opinion on this is that it seems you saying you would rather have Schaub+Walter over Peyton Manning (I could interpreting you wrong here). I couldn't care less if Walter was gone in this scenario because anything lost in the run blocking department would be outweighed by everything gained in the passing game with Manning at the helm. If the team is forcing the defense to play nickle and dime sets constantly, then the run game will greatly benefit from the different personnel, and IMO moreso than one WR who occasionally gets a block down field. AJ+OD+Foster as the top 3 receivers is fine with me if I have Manning at QB. All you need is a speedy outside receiver to stretch the defense (could be Martin) and I think you have a recipe for success.

dalemurphy
01-07-2013, 02:06 PM
Peyton Manning's career playoff record = 9 wins 10 losses.

Manning lost his 1st three playoff games. Here are the number of points the Colts scored in those games:

Schaub's playoff record 1 win 0 losses

Points scored

Can people chill out a little bit, please!

Dread-Head
01-07-2013, 02:07 PM
To paraphrase David Letterman: "Instead of the 'Eye of the Tiger' [he] has the dull stare of a dairy cow."

76Texan
01-07-2013, 02:21 PM
Dutch, my thought is that each team is built differently.

Jacoby was already long gone.
We cut Winston to use the money somewhere else.

We don't know what was going with Demeco; he might have been the one who asked for the trade behind closed doors.

I don't prefer Walter, but we need to have a replacement for him in place.
At the time, we didn't.

There were too many variables that suggest against such a move as to bring Peyton in.

It's like you have to scratch your 3-5 year plan for an overhaul.
I don't know if it was impossible (we don't know for sure one way or another) but the big picture, to me, slants toward not-doable, especially considering the near future (the next two years or so).

Premier
01-07-2013, 03:02 PM
Peyton Manning's career playoff record = 9 wins 10 losses.

Manning lost his 1st three playoff games. Here are the number of points the Colts scored in those games:

Schaub's playoff record 1 win 0 losses

Points scored

Can people chill out a little bit, please!

Peyton was a 2nd year player in his first playoff game and lost to the eventual AFC Champs, it was also a division round game, not a wild card game against some scrub team.. i dont see the point of making this comparison.

76Texan
01-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Peyton was a rookie in his first playoff game and lost to the eventual AFC Champs.. i dont see the point of making this comparison.

Peyton lost in the first round of the play-offs seven (7) times.

Premier
01-07-2013, 03:14 PM

for all his greatness he certainly has underachieved in the playoffs, but those might have been the first games, but how many were division round games vs wild card games... division rounds are much tougher opponents than wild card teams.. seeing his record is quite depressing actually, this is the guy that has undeniably owned the texans franchise..

thunderkyss
01-07-2013, 03:30 PM

What don't you understand about he was a 2nd year player!!!!

He was a rookie for 7 years.

gawd...

:kitten:

76Texan
01-07-2013, 03:33 PM
for all his greatness he certainly has underachieved in the playoffs, but those might have been the first games, but how many were division round games vs wild card games... division rounds are much tougher opponents than wild card teams.. seeing his record is quite depressing actually, this is the guy that has undeniably owned the texans franchise..

In his second year (1999), the Colts won the division and got a bye.
They lost to the Wildcard winner Titans.

The next year, he lost the Wild Card Game to the Dolphins.

Two years later, in 2002, he lost another WC game, getting blanked 0-41 by the Jets.

In 05, he lost the divisional round to the Steelers.

In 07, he lost the divisional round to the Chargers.

In 08, the Colts were 12-4 when he lost the Wild Card Game to the 8-8 Chargers.

In 2010, he lost the Wild Card Game to the Jets by the score 16-17

mussop
01-07-2013, 03:42 PM
What don't you understand about he was a 2nd year player!!!!

He was a rookie for 7 years.

gawd...

:kitten:

STUPID! To even compare the two is rediculous. At least Peyton was good enough to take his team to the playoffs every year he played except two. A lot of those teams were horrible. Unbelievable. You stat mongers are all the same.

dalemurphy
01-07-2013, 03:53 PM
STUPID! To even compare the two is rediculous. At least Peyton was good enough to take his team to the playoffs every year he played except two. A lot of those teams were horrible. Unbelievable. You stat mongers are all the same.

It's not my comparison. The anti-Schaub crowd are the ones that are comparing Schaub to Manning.

I've never seen such outrage over a playoff victory. Schaub completed 75% of his passes for over 250 yards... He screwed up and threw a pick. The offense bogged down in the red zone. Mediocre game by a guy who has had a poor last month after playing great the first 10 games of the year.

Most astounding: Some of you are actually criticizing his performance this weekend against New England... The one he hasn't played yet!! If he plays poorly and they lose, it is your right to complain. I don't think, however, it is fair to hate him simply because you lack confidence in him. That is quite narcissistic.

76Texan
01-07-2013, 03:54 PM

And all this time I thought we were discussing about QBs who can lead his team deep into the play-offs and not to lose the first game.

How stupid of me! :mariopalm:

thunderkyss
01-07-2013, 03:57 PM

Stupid..... ?

I think the point was that a great QB like Peyton was one & done in his first 7 play-off appearances. He eventually went on to win a Super Bowl.

So it shouldn't be too far fetched to believe that Schaub can win a Super Bowl.

It's either we use stats, or we use your eye. I can't use your eye, so I'll have to settle for stats.

Dutchrudder
01-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Stupid..... ?

I think the point was that a great QB like Peyton was one & done in his first 7 play-off appearances. He eventually went on to win a Super Bowl.

It's either we use stats, or we use your eye. I can't use your eye, so I'll have to settle for stats.

It wasn't his first 7 playoffs, it was just 7 of his 11 playoff appearances have ended with one-and-done. Most notably in 2010 when his vaunted offense put up all of 16 points on the Jets at home.

Premier
01-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Stupid..... ?

i still dont understand this.. matt schuab isnt the first qb to win his first playoff game.. peyton manning lost his first 3 playoff games not his first 7.. and the guy was 23, not 31... still hadn't come close to his peak, matt has already surpassed his peak and is on the backside of his career..

peyton won the SB in his 8th season and already had 9 playoff games under his belt before his super bowl run in 2006.. its not that hard of a concept to understand that teams usually fail before they eventually win it all.. you have to build up some experience, schaub just popped his playoff cherry..

if were tossing around playoff records, mark sanchez is 4-2 in the playoffs, much better winning% than peyton..

76Texan
01-07-2013, 04:25 PM
i still dont understand this.. matt schuab isnt the first qb to win his first playoff game.. peyton manning lost his first 3 playoff games not his first 7.. and the guy was 23, not 31... still hadn't come close to his peak, matt has already surpassed his peak and is on the backside of his career..

peyton won the SB in his 8th season and already had 9 playoff games under his belt before his super bowl run in 2006.. its not that hard of a concept to understand that teams usually fail before they eventually win it all.. you have to build up some experience, schaub just popped his playoff cherry..

if were tossing around playoff records, mark sanchez is 4-2 in the playoffs.. he must have won a superbowl already...

It took some kicking in the family jewelry box to pop that cherry! :spit:

klockWork
01-07-2013, 04:31 PM
It's not my comparison. The anti-Schaub crowd are the ones that are comparing Schaub to Manning.

I've never seen such outrage over a playoff victory. Schaub completed 75% of his passes for over 250 yards... He screwed up and threw a pick. The offense bogged down in the red zone. Mediocre game by a guy who has had a poor last month after playing great the first 10 games of the year.

Most astounding: Some of you are actually criticizing his performance this weekend against New England... The one he hasn't played yet!! If he plays poorly and they lose, it is your right to complain. I don't think, however, it is fair to hate him simply because you lack confidence in him. That is quite narcissistic.

The most important position in football is undeniably the QB. When our starting QB still hasn't show any signs of improvement in his first PA game is a legitimate reason for an outrage.

You called it a mediocre game by Schaub. I go as far as calling it his worst game of the season. Think about this:
The five most important elements in aiding a QB on a successful game is
1) Protection
2) Good running game
3) Defense creating three and outs from the opposing offense
4) Good starting field position
5) Home crowd support

Schaub has ALL that going for him and yet STILL manage 1 TD drive!
In the NFL when an offense only score 1 TD that is a FAILED.

dalemurphy
01-07-2013, 04:45 PM
The most important position in football is undeniably the QB. When our starting QB still hasn't show any signs of improvement in his first PA game is a legitimate reason for an outrage.

You called it a mediocre game by Schaub. I go as far as calling it his worst game of the season. Think about this:
1) Protection
2) Good running game
5) Home crowd support

I disagree about the protection. I thought it was the game plan to get rid of the ball quickly. Seldom, if ever, outside of play-action, did Schaub ever take a 7 step drop...

thunderkyss
01-07-2013, 04:53 PM
...its not that hard of a concept to understand that teams usually fail before they eventually win it all.. you have to build up some experience, schaub just popped his playoff cherry..

I think you understand the point very well. There is no more to say.

gtexan02
01-07-2013, 04:54 PM

1) Protection
2) Good running game
5) Home crowd support

Worst game of the season? Are you nuts? We put up 20 on a top 5 defense.

klockWork
01-07-2013, 05:43 PM
Worst game of the season? Are you nuts? We put up 20 on a top 5 defense.

It was 19 pts not 20 but I spot you that extra point anyway since producing 20 when our defense keep giving you the ball back and Foster making enough plays to keep the Cincy D honest and yet Schaub still managed one attempt in the EZ to AJ. That seems like a gameplan of a scared QB.

Texecutioner
01-07-2013, 10:48 PM

1) Protection
2) Good running game
5) Home crowd support

Go learn some NFL history and watch games like what Tom Brady had last season against the Ravens in the playoffs and you'll see a similar game. Matt Schaub only scored one TD. Let's throw a hissy fit over that and ignore that he made several nice plays on 3rd down. The worst game he had all season?? What an exaggeration. You ever watch an NFL team and watch other players other then the QB?? How about placing a little blame on these WR's that can't do a damn thing other then #81. Nope, that's being to fair. Just sign up for an account on TT.com just so you can bash Schaub because this offense isn't putting up 40 points against the top teams in the league.

Ghostform
01-07-2013, 11:00 PM
Heres Matt Schaub if he ever turned into a zombie

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3705/21730977.png

klockWork
01-08-2013, 12:57 AM
Go learn some NFL history and watch games like what Tom Brady had last season against the Ravens in the playoffs and you'll see a similar game. Matt Schaub only scored one TD. Let's throw a hissy fit over that and ignore that he made several nice plays on 3rd down. The worst game he had all season?? What an exaggeration. You ever watch an NFL team and watch other players other then the QB?? How about placing a little blame on these WR's that can't do a damn thing other then #81. Nope, that's being to fair. Just sign up for an account on TT.com just so you can bash Schaub because this offense isn't putting up 40 points against the top teams in the league.

How the man suppose to score when NE defense couldn't keep the Ravens offense off the field unlike Hou. Ravens had over 480+ yards in total offense and over 7 minutes in T.O.P. Schaub had over 17 min of T.O.P compare to Brady AND he had a more effective running game. He couldn't even utilize one of the best RB in the NFL at the top of his game to produce a single TD pass. And who says anything about scoring 40. All us Schaub basher wants is an extra TD to sealed the game. Shaub couldn't be in a more favorable spot to put the game away and instead we had to rely on an overthrown pass from Dalton to Green to save us that game.

Meanwhile GB blew out Minnesota while Rogers was running for his life all day AND with no running game to fallback on.

Scooter
01-08-2013, 01:01 AM
19-7 over the last two seasons (with a stretch of 15-1) and 1-0 in the playoffs ...

Texecutioner
01-08-2013, 01:05 AM
How the man suppose to score when NE defense couldn't keep the Ravens offense off the field unlike Hou. Ravens had over 480+ yards in total offense and over 7 minutes in T.O.P. Schaub had over 17 min of T.O.P compare to Brady AND he had a more effective running game. He couldn't even utilize one of the best RB in the NFL at the top of his game to produce a single TD pass. And who says anything about scoring 40. All us Schaub basher wants is an extra TD to sealed the game. Shaub couldn't be in a more favorable spot to put the game away and instead we had to rely on an overthrown pass from Dalton to Green to save us that game.

Meanwhile GB blew out Minnesota while Rogers was running for his life all day AND with no running game to fallback on.

How many QB's in the league do you think can do what Rodgers does? If there is a guy out there that we can grab and go after after this season, then feel free to let me know who. I don't know where we can go and get a guy that has all of the play making abilities like Rodgers. I thought that Schaub played a pretty good game the other day other then his INT and the failures to get TD scores. He got us up and down the field several times though. One time there was a TD pass that went off of AJ's hands. Sure it wasn't a good pass for how easy it was, but AJ could have had it. He should have had it. But that's okay, because it was a difficult catch none the less. But we didn't "not score" TD's all because of Schaub's inability to get us in the end zone. Just like we didn't get up the field all because of Schaub's passing abilities either. It took several parts of that offense to make it all work. Schaub isn't a superstar QB that can look flashy and make things look easy. No reason to expect him to be something he is not then It will just frustrate you. We have him now, and there probably won't be another guy taking snaps for a while.

GP
01-08-2013, 01:10 AM
This is completely fair.

Schaub didn't play lights out, I don't think anyone will claim that. Claiming the Texans won DESPITE Schaub because our run game was rolling and our defense was playing well is ludicrous; you're penalizing someone for something because other aspects made it unnecessary.

Facts:

Schaub will need to play better to beat the Patriots. We know he is CAPABLE of that play, but he needs to find that play again, because he has not shown it as of late.

The TEAM itself also needs to elevate its play. This cannot be a repeat of 21-0 after three possessions.

Tom Brady and the Patriots are monsters in the playoffs and the Texans are severe underdogs; we CAN win, likely WON'T win.

I don't think I'm unfairly penalizing Schaub. Something has happened with him since the two OT games we won mid-season. I don't know if it's the foot, his conditioning (due to being out of football this same period of time LAST season) or what. Something is "less" than it had been prior to the two OT games.

Come to think about it, it could be the lack of him being on the field last season. His absence last season coincides with his lackluster play during roughly the same stretch of time THIS season. Right? Last year he was completely immobilized and out of the game altogether. In the last four or five weeks of 2012, he was navigating through territory he hadn't been into since 2010.

His sharpness of mind and his physical conditioning was accustomed to a shortened season. ???

drs23
01-08-2013, 05:57 PM

blow it up.

http://projectshanks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/browns-QBs.jpg

That's hilarious. repped!

dream_team
01-08-2013, 06:20 PM

Everyone needs to stop comparing Schaub to Rodgers, Brees, Brady & Manning. We know he isn't at their level, no one has ever claimed that. If anyone has any ideas how we can get a tier 1 QB, I'm all ears.

TejasTom
01-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Everyone needs to stop comparing Schaub to Rodgers, Brees, Brady & Manning. We know he isn't at their level, no one has ever claimed that. If anyone has any ideas how we can get a tier 1 QB, I'm all ears.

Go 2 - 14, the right year.

Tailgate
01-08-2013, 06:45 PM
Go 2 - 14, the right year.

Or hand over many many draft picks.

Jules Winnfield
01-08-2013, 06:47 PM

boooooo.

Yea lets not compare matt schaub to great qbs. lets compare him to joe flacoo and tony romo.

smdh....

Houstonians need to get off this path to perpetual mediocrity.

Why can we expect schaub to be as great as the other qbs?

even more important,

Why cant we start planning to draft and look for the qb of the future while schaub plays out his contract?

Why would that be so bad?

BullBlitz
01-08-2013, 06:53 PM
I am not of the opinion that the current Houston Texans team is broadly talented enough to win a Super Bowl.

However, Matt Schaub delivered a win vs. a wild card team so I have to give him credit. I'm curious to see how differently he plays in the upcoming playoff game, as opposed to the December game vs. the Patriots.

Jules Winnfield
01-08-2013, 06:56 PM
I am not of the opinion that the current Houston Texans team is broadly talented enough to win a Super Bowl.

However, Matt Schaub delivered a win vs. a wild card team so I have to give him credit. I'm curious to see how differently he plays in the upcoming payoff game, as opposed to the December game vs. the Patriots.

matt didnt deliver diddly squat vs the bengals.

andy dalton delivered that win by over throwing aj green for the game winning TD.

Matt did nothing but do his darnest to choke the game away by throwing inaccurate passes to his wide receivers.

BullBlitz
01-08-2013, 07:01 PM

andy dalton delivered that win by over throwing aj green for the game winning TD.

Matt did nothing but do his darnest to choke the game away by throwing inaccurate passes to his wide receivers.

I generally agree. I was just giving him the benefit of the doubt as the QB on the victorious team.

I don't think he as a chance in New England, but I hope to be proven wrong.

dalemurphy
01-08-2013, 08:05 PM

clearly, then, you must have even a lower opinion of Andy Dalton... sucks to be Cincinnati and stuck with that loser for the next several years.

Surreal McCoy
01-08-2013, 08:14 PM

Wow, and here I was thinking games consisted of more than one play? Why bother with the other 3+ hours if we can determine the winner in 10 seconds? :confused:

thunderkyss
01-08-2013, 08:45 PM
Wow, and here I was thinking games consisted of more than one play? Why bother with the other 3+ hours if we can determine the winner in 10 seconds? :confused:

Heck.. get rid of the rest of the teams. Spot the QBs on the 40 yard line & let the QBs throw balls through tires in the endzone. The more accurate guy wins the game.

Save a lot of cap space.

ThaShark316
01-08-2013, 10:08 PM
I had two plays in mind when it came to Schaub when I re-watched the 1st half: The Pick-6 and the dropped TD by Andre (or bad throw by Schaub, depending on who you ask...lol)

Pick-6:

As Schaub dropped back, Schaub had to have thought that Leon Hall would drop further back and cover Dre (zone). Hall stayed home because of a similar route ran by Graham on the Texans previous drive, right before the 6 yard pass to Walter on 3rd down and 8, leading up to the FG.

Schaub was late as all hell with that throw. He probably thought "just get the first down, and keep the chains moving". He had Walter open on a Smash near the sideline. Not sure if he didn't trust his arm to get it there, or (and this is my opinion) he just didn't want to be a hero and get the - in his mind - the easy 1st down. Terrible, terrible decision.

Near-TD, where Dre got his hands on the ball:

Two words: Got. DAMMIT!!!

Andre Johnson, the baddest man alive, absolutely MANHANDLES Adam Jones on this play. Jones, bless his heart, tried to bump Dre at the line, got worked by 80 with relative ease. All that's left is the route. Finish this, and we got a touchdown! NO MORE FGS!

What happened was Dre barely getting a hand on Schaub's throw. Now, you COULD say Schaub made a bad throw. Your prerogative. To me, in no way is that on Schaub. I'm critical of Schaub when he needs to be criticized. I WILL, however, have to put this on Andre a little bit. Why? Because has to straighten that route. If you look where Dre had his hands on the ball, that's where Schaub thought he would be. Maybe, that was the job of Jones; get Andre off his route JUST ENOUGH to disrupt the timing. That said, Mr. Waka-waka-waka got clowned at the line, allowing for practically a free release.

If Andre finishes that route in front of the plane of the goal line, not in the end zone, turning an out route into damn near an outside slant, it's an easy TD.

utahmark
01-08-2013, 10:34 PM
boooooo.

Yea lets not compare matt schaub to great qbs. lets compare him to joe flacoo and tony romo.

smdh....

even more important,

Why cant we start planning to draft and look for the qb of the future while schaub plays out his contract?

Because he is not as good as those other qb's. Same way those teams can't expect their defensive lineman to be as good as Watt. There is no reason we can't start looking to draft another qb. I'm not sure anyone has said we should'nt.

ObsiWan
01-09-2013, 01:29 AM
Because Goodell needs the rest of that time to sell the commercials
:hides:

thunderkyss
01-09-2013, 07:40 AM
Pick-6:

Schaub was late as all hell with that throw. He probably thought "just get the first down, and keep the chains moving". He had Walter open on a Smash near the sideline. Not sure if he didn't trust his arm to get it there, or (and this is my opinion) he just didn't want to be a hero and get the - in his mind - the easy 1st down. Terrible, terrible decision.

After listening to the Matt Schaub show & watching it again, I think it's clear that he was concerned about their pass rush. It was their staple coming into the game. They were supposed to be badd-as5es, but our OL stepped up. Anyway, Matt didn't wait for his routes to develop (understandable, thinking about the pass rush) took his first/second read & delivered the ball.

That one was still late. Had the ball come out on time, Hall wouldn't have been able to react.

Near-TD, where Dre got his hands on the ball:

Andre Johnson, the baddest man alive...

Now, you COULD say Schaub made a bad throw. Your prerogative. To me, in no way is that on Schaub. I'm critical of Schaub when he needs to be criticized.

I agree. This game isn't played on paper, or internet message boards. There's another team out there trying to stop us from doing what we want to do. There was a DT flashing in front of Schaub, hands up. Schaub had to adjust that throw. Had he been more athletic he could have bought more time, & made a better throw, but as is he got the ball in a catchable location. All we can really ask for.

Andre, same thing. He's got that troll on his back & he has to adjust to the ball. He didn't, no big deal. Take the three.

The only problem in this game, is that we never had a better chance to score a TD (other than the TD we scored).

dream_team
01-09-2013, 01:35 PM
boooooo.

smdh....

even more important,

We can't expect Schaub to be as great as other qbs because he doesn't have the tools to be great, plain & simple. He'll never be in the league of the Brady, Manning, Brees & Rodgers. It's like complaining that Antonio Smith isn't as good as Watt. Smith is a good player in his own right, but he just doesn't have the physical tools that Watt has and will never be as good as he is.

The question we need to ask ourselves is Schaub good enough to take us to a Super Bowl championship. I think he is, but of course, he needs help. He isn't a tier 1 guy that can carry his team on his back... he needs the defense to make stops, he'll need receivers to make plays, he'll need good protection from the OL.

I have no qualms with drafting a QB for the future. I don't think anyone in here would argue against that. But with where we're picking, the odds of finding a QB stud aren't in our favor.

klockWork
01-09-2013, 02:48 PM
After listening to the Matt Schaub show & watching it again, I think it's clear that he was concerned about their pass rush. It was their staple coming into the game. They were supposed to be badd-as5es, but our OL stepped up. Anyway, Matt didn't wait for his routes to develop (understandable, ) took his first/second read & delivered the ball.

It's understandable,thinking about the pass rush? Not letting his route develop because he's thinking about the pass rush is understandable? You just describe the hallmark of a bad QB with that statement. Not letting the route develop and throwing a pick 6 because there was a lineman in his grill is at least more understandable. But throwing a pick 6 on a play your TE AND RB stayed back to help protect against a 4 man rush is not understandable. If there was a play to take that extra time to make an intelligent read and throw IT was that play!

What good is a QB in this league if he can't distinguish good protection versus bad protection? Unbelievable. In our 10 years of existence we have yet to acquire a QB with decent pocket-instinct and awareness.

thunderkyss
01-09-2013, 03:51 PM
It's understandable,thinking about the pass rush? Not letting his route develop because he's thinking about the pass rush is understandable? You just describe the hallmark of a bad QB with that statement. Not letting the route develop and throwing a pick 6 because there was a lineman in his grill is at least more understandable. But throwing a pick 6 on a play your TE AND RB stayed back to help protect against a 4 man rush is not understandable. If there was a play to take that extra time to make an intelligent read and throw IT was that play!

What good is a QB in this league if he can't distinguish good protection versus bad protection? Unbelievable. In our 10 years of existence we have yet to acquire a QB with decent pocket-instinct and awareness.

Yeah, you can look at it that way.

But I'm sure it's situational, and it's not like he was just trying to get the ball out of his hands. He said he was aware of their pass rush. If his first read was open, he took it. The other routes just didn't develop.

Totally different from hurrying a throw.

Brady does it better, but it's the same thing Brady is doing that allows him to get the ball out before Jj can get to him. Most of his passes in week 14 were out of his hand in less than 2.5 seconds. He's not looking for the deep route, he's looking for his first read, if it's open, he takes it.

ThaShark316
01-09-2013, 03:59 PM

But I'm sure it's situational, and it's not like he was just trying to get the ball out of his hands. He said he was aware of their pass rush. If his first read was open, he took it. The other routes just didn't develop.

Brady does it better, but it's the same thing Brady is doing that allows him to get the ball out before Jj can get to him. Most of his passes in week 14 were out of his hand in less than 2.5 seconds. He's not looking for the deep route, he's looking for his first read, if it's open, he takes it.

QBs that wants to basically win the Super Bowl with one play every down damn near don't win a thing.

Look at Peyton Manning 99-04 or so. Manning wanted the down field throws a ton. That would work in the regular season, and maybe in the wild card/divisional round, but when the Pats came calling; done. Those down field throws weren't open. The short pass/1st read? Forget 'em.

That, to me, explains Tony Romo's (and Schaub sometimes, too) problem. That 1st read that's open, it's OK to take it. Down-field ain't always the greatest option.

klockWork
01-09-2013, 04:42 PM

That Casey route is a safety valve route, "Break glass in case of emergency". That is not a throw you make if no one is open kind of route. The only reason a QB would throw that pass if there is an instant breach in pass protection.

THAT is not a throw of a QB checking down because his receiver aren't open. THAT is a hurry throw by a panicked QB.

Schaub is a head case right now. It's like David Carr is the lone tenant up there.

thunderkyss
01-09-2013, 05:01 PM
That Casey route is a safety valve route, "Break glass in case of emergency". That is not a throw you make if no one is open kind of route. The only reason a QB would throw that pass if there is an instant breach in pass protection.

THAT is not a throw of a QB checking down because his receiver aren't open. THAT is a hurry throw by a panicked QB.

Schaub is a head case right now. It's like David Carr is the lone tenant up there.

If you say so.

I'll try to find the picture, it's posted in one of these threads. Everyone else was still running their routes, Casey was the only one looking for the ball. Which is why it was intercepted, the ball should have been on it's way before he turned....

But that short route definitely developed a lot faster than the deep route. I know that's a "strange" concept... but that's what happened.

If you're going to contend that Schaub had happy feet & just wanted the ball out of his hand.... I'm just going to have to concede the point.

Here's a link (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/houston-texans-official-podcast/id279409851) to a bunch of Texans' podcast, listen to what Matt says, listen to what Kubiak says... Walter is in there somewhere, Duane Brown is in there. Listen to what they say about their game plan & their QB.