PDA

View Full Version : All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

RunningTheSouth
10-13-2013, 02:26 PM
Schaub's trash, he's bringing the whole team down!

Bulls on Parade
10-13-2013, 03:49 PM
Will the Texans sign Vince Young or Tim Tebow tomorrow? Or perhaps start Case Keenum at Kansas City next Sunday? At 2-4, I just want a reason to be excited until we draft Johnny Manziel or Aaron Murray in April.

HJam72
10-13-2013, 03:53 PM
Will the Texans sign Vince Young or Tim Tebow tomorrow? Or perhaps start Case Keenum at Kansas City next Sunday? At 2-4, I just want a reason to be excited until we draft Johnny Manziel or Aaron Murray in April.

Losing is how you get Manziel. Just ask the Colts & Luck. Maybe the 49ers game convinced them to pack it in for the season, but Foster didn't get the memo.

TexanExile
10-13-2013, 03:56 PM
Vince says he's ready. (http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/10/vince-young-ready-to-go-for-the-texans/)

FFS. This makes me ill. Here come the VY slobberers again.

legacy_gt
10-13-2013, 04:09 PM
in defense to schaub, matt did good moving the ball.

Hervoyel
10-13-2013, 05:01 PM

No kidding. Not only that this one time I saw David Carr set a record for most consecutive completions. It was swell!

HTown2ATX
10-13-2013, 05:02 PM
No kidding. Not only that this one time I saw David Carr set a record for most consecutive completions. It was swell!

BWAHAHAHAHA

Tried to rep man but MSR

gafftop
10-13-2013, 05:09 PM

the object is to score TDs. The stalling in the redzone may be because MS does not throw to right receiver. TD's early could have made a difference.
We do not see the plays to know what the QB should do vs what he actually does. He either may not see the receiver or he is afraid to make the throw.

Imatexanfan
10-13-2013, 05:11 PM
the object is to score TDs. The stalling in the redzone may be because MS does not throw to right receiver. TD's early could have made a difference.
We do not see the plays to know what the QB should do vs what he actually does. He either may not see the receiver or he is afraid to make the throw.

He's definitely afraid to throw been like that for a long time man.

Rey
10-13-2013, 05:13 PM
Same OL' Matt as he's always been. When guys aren't getting wide open down field from the play action he struggled to finish drives. Yeah we can move the ball. So what.

Kubiak lost this team sticking with Schaub. I guarantee if Matt doesn't play next game, this team will play a lot better. Guys will be energized.

The season is over, but we need to start working towards next year. It's about building for the future at this point.

Corrosion
10-13-2013, 05:15 PM
One of the announcers made a statement today , one that I have made multiple times in the past few weeks - Schaub's footwork is bad.

That is amplified when he has to move off his spot. He's damaged goods.

How bout Yates today ?! 2 INT's - one returned for a 98 yard score.

Who wants Yates next week ?!

Downside here is its going to fuel the Keenum fires ..... (Tho at this point , I wouldn't mind seeing Keenum get a shot).

chicagotexan2
10-13-2013, 05:16 PM

Especially where he moved the moved ball 5 yards on 3rd and 7.

Rey
10-13-2013, 06:10 PM
One of the announcers made a statement today , one that I have made multiple times in the past few weeks - Schaub's footwork is bad.

That is amplified when he has to move off his spot. He's damaged goods.

How bout Yates today ?! 2 INT's - one returned for a 98 yard score.

Who wants Yates next week ?!

Downside here is its going to fuel the Keenum fires ..... (Tho at this point , I wouldn't mind seeing Keenum get a shot).

I want to see keenum, but I will settle for Yates.

I think if he goes into the week as the starter he'll play better and I think the team will play better knowing that Schaub won't be there.

MEGA SWATT
10-13-2013, 06:12 PM
But but Peyton manning Schaubed today:whistles:

Lucky
10-13-2013, 06:19 PM
I don't see the downside. The Texans need to see what they have at QB before moving forward. The answer may be zilch, but we don't know that for sure.

Lucky
10-13-2013, 06:20 PM
And the Texans still lost the game.

Rey
10-13-2013, 06:25 PM
I don't see the downside. The Texans need to see what they have at QB before moving forward. The answer may be zilch, but we don't know that for sure.

That's my thoughts on all this.

At least give guys a chance to prove themselves. We know that Schaub is not good enough. Yates has shown he likely isn't either. But I'd give both a shot in the remaining games.

Vinny
10-13-2013, 06:26 PM
no matter who we see out there we will have those maddening array of short crossing routes, Andre not targeted in the end zone, and QB's afraid to make a back shoulder pass, or throw a guy open because of the Stalag 8 rule of take no chances. Eventually teams come to the conclusion that the Texans are not going to take a chance deep unless it's a play action pass, so they squat on the short crossing routes. The only way this ironic Texans offense works is if we have the lead. Otherwise it's friggin' yakety sax.

DX-TEX
10-13-2013, 06:26 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWfWx0tIAAAW5nU.jpg

Posted other thread but I believe Schaub is out for a while

Premier
10-13-2013, 06:32 PM
since he already suffered the injury, i hope hes done for the season tbh. the season was already a waste coming into it with matt. this is the only way to force people to make decisions.. yates looks like he will struggle, case will get a shot.. the worst that happens is the pro-schaub crowd get to beat their chests because he is indeed better than his backups.. congrats.. qb heavy draft next year, if we ignore that and draft to help schaub i will lose it..

silvrhand
10-13-2013, 08:11 PM
But but Peyton manning Schaubed today:whistles:

Schaub would have had his 5th straight pick 6 game but the DB got so excited when he went to break on the ball he fell down.

eriadoc
10-13-2013, 11:51 PM
You could make the argument that the Texans actually showed up for a full 60 minutes last week vs. the 49ers.

Haha...I believe I see what you did there...

Now it's two weeks in a row that the real Texans have shown up for a full 60 minutes. ;)

Texanmike02
10-14-2013, 03:29 AM
I didn't see this posted anywhere and we could all use a laugh. Mods merge if you must but I think it is worthy of its own thread just because I was laughing by the end of it. We all know about the schaub burger but she added a few burgers to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1uW6ipXYfM

LMAO@

The Rothelsburger and the Dalton Burger. Of course at the Romo burger.

Mike

Atl Cav
11-10-2013, 09:47 PM
Don't like my opinion?

Vinny
11-10-2013, 09:50 PM
r u drunk? elohel

Kaiser Toro
11-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Don't like my opinion?

Those threads were adding no value as a stand alone thread due to the trolling material and lack of insight. There are plenty of threads to show your joy for the Texans lament, and your loyalty to a singular player.

This thread will be deleted shortly.

Atl Cav
11-10-2013, 09:51 PM
r u drunk? elohel

I issued a valid opinion, and my post was deleted.

Playoffs
11-10-2013, 09:53 PM

And now you know why. :specnatz:

Trap_Star
11-10-2013, 09:53 PM
I'm still convinced you're Matt Schaub and/or his relative.

Atl(Falcons) Cav(University of Virginia)

Atl Cav
11-10-2013, 09:55 PM
Just a flipping minuter. I have been a Texans fan as long as most on here. I am frustrated Matt got thrown under the bus, and you don't allow me to opine?
I am sorry you feel that way.

Let me ask you, would we be 2-7 with Matt starting? Or should I ask permission to inquire?

Vinny
11-10-2013, 09:56 PM
I can't find a deleted post in the system under your name tonight pards. I figure its drinking, smoking, any number of Rx pills or just some mania that made you refresh your page instead of posting your opinion.

Kaiser Toro
11-10-2013, 09:57 PM
I can't find a deleted post in the system under your name tonight pards. I figure its drinking, smoking, any number of Rx pills or just some mania that made you refresh your page instead of posting your opinion.

It is in the recycle bin - two threads

Vinny
11-10-2013, 09:57 PM
I do find a deleted thread though. Have you ever read Old Yeller?

Vinny
11-10-2013, 09:58 PM
It is in the recycle bin - two threads
can i say "jinx" or is that too gay? Can I say that today or will the NSA sick the PC Police on me?

Atl Cav
11-10-2013, 10:00 PM
I'm still convinced you're Matt Schaub and/or his relative.

Atl(Falcons) Cav(University of Virginia)

Yes, I have TOLD you this before. Your memory must be short. I came here as a new fan when Matt was signed. And I have been here all along. I believe Matt let all of us down for a few games, but he still had shown he could win.
But if Matt had not been stomped on I think wed still be in the hunt.
Disagree all you want, but the facts are on my side.

Im still a fan, and was silent when he was benched....But to what end?

SOrry if I disturbed the wisdom of the Board.

Kaiser Toro
11-10-2013, 10:00 PM
can i say "jinx" or is that too gay? Can I say that today or will the NSA sick the PC Police on me?

Those are valid "opinions"

Playoffs
11-10-2013, 10:01 PM
http://content.clearchannel.com/cc-common/mlib/589/07/589_1374141582.PNG

can i say "jinx" or is that too gay?
The latter. http://www.4smileys.com/smileys/embarrassed-smileys/embarrassed-smiley62.gif

Atl Cav
11-10-2013, 10:02 PM

Sorry, I am on an airplane and the feed is delayed.

Trap_Star
11-10-2013, 10:03 PM

You sitting next to Case right now, Matt?

Tell him that at least he didn't throw a pick 6 today, please. k-thanx.

Vinny
11-10-2013, 10:06 PM

I just didn't want the offseason to start today, but somehow it did. Sorry for your delay in opinion. I'm off...I've got a twitter to feed.

Atl Cav
11-10-2013, 10:15 PM

An obvious reply, and I understand he lost his cool. But I wanted more from this season. I felt our best shot was Matt, and it's so frustrating to be 2-7. Never saw it coming.

Pollardized
11-10-2013, 10:16 PM

Matt, I'm about to activate my real estate license and jump in the hot Houston market.

Can I list your house? If you can talk Gary and Coach Joe into letting me list theirs too I'll cut 1% off my commission on yours!

infantrycak
11-10-2013, 10:16 PM
If you want to talk about Schaub you are free to do so and to have any opinion you want. Do it in the All Encompassing Matt Schaub thread.

Fred
11-10-2013, 10:30 PM
r u drunk? elohel

I'm drunk! Just guessing but Texan Bill is probably drunk. So please delete this post, any other posts I have made tonight; and yeah, you should think about deleting any posts Texan Bill has made tonight. Or pretty much any night. No offense Texan Bill, luv u.

Grams
11-11-2013, 09:06 AM

Jinx is probably ok, but gay is definitely out.

It has to be ghay or it results in neg rep.

Mr teX
11-11-2013, 09:51 AM
It's not that i want to see Schaub come back in & start b/c i dont....he's done for sure. i just find it funny how people are pointing to Keenum's stats like "see, i told you he's good" even though we still only play 1/2 of a game.

When folks tried to point towards stats with Schaub it was "well, this is a qb friendly system..." or "Kubiak/AJ/Foster are making him look good.." etc. etc.

I'm also finding it funny how every excuse in the book is coming out in defense of Keenum but you couldn't get anyone on this board to consider all that stuff for Schaub. I told people when all this started, most times, guys don't fall over the hill right before your eyes like Schaub did this season....there's more to it than just Schaub's poor play.....Now since Case has been starting it's more on:

-the o-line
-the coaching
-the defense
-the special teams

The reality of it is, Schaub had to deal with all of that too & he likely felt pressure to try to do more than he was capable of at times. & 10 year vet or not, no qb can function under siege like our qb's have had to for basically 2 years now. You add in the awful coaching & outdated scheme & you get "business as usual" in terms of this team's success record wise & terrible 2nd halves.

I say all this to say that you can't have it both ways. Yes, Case isn't turning the ball over in epic fashion like Schaub was towards the end, but he's yet to show that he can overcome the same set of circumstances that ultimately contributed to the demise of Schaub.

2012Champs
11-11-2013, 10:10 AM

Well that certainly wasnt because he didnt try to throw one. He was lucky in that the cards couldnt hold on to the ball

HOU-TEX
11-11-2013, 10:18 AM
Considering we couldn't stop a single blitz, nor made any attempt to make adjustments, Schaub would've ended up in a body cast. Keenum at least has an excuse for being unable to read blitzes. Schaub's been in the league a long time and still can't.

2012Champs
11-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Considering we couldn't stop a single blitz, nor made any attempt to make adjustments, Schaub would've ended up in a body cast. Keenum at least has an excuse for being unable to read blitzes. Schaub's been in the league a long time and still can't.

When have we been able to stop the blitz?

Mr teX
11-11-2013, 10:33 AM

This is just silly....according to what alot of Keenum supporters were saying reading the defense was a strong suit of Keenum's skill....afterall, he did it alot at Uof H...:rolleyes: I thought that his mobility & him extending plays with his feet was what was going to prevent him from getting sacked too much? This type of simplified analysis of the position (& has been going on) is why fans often get fooled into thinking a guy is the real deal when he's not.

Nothing Keenum saw yesterday was any worse than what Schaub saw against Tennessee or SD this year. Sure he didn't throw any picks, but lets be real here, we know he should've had at least 2..he was lucky in that regard...

pressure & blitzing bothers every single qb in the league...especially pressure coming up the middle right in your face. Only the elite can handle it consistently well. so it's no surprise that Keenum has struggled with being blitzed & pressured. Why schaub continues to be singled-out here for his inability to handle it consistently is beyond me.

You guys....

Hervoyel
11-11-2013, 11:16 AM
This is just silly....according to what alot of Keenum supporters were saying reading the defense was a strong suit of Keenum's skill....afterall, he did it alot at Uof H...:rolleyes: I thought that his mobility & him extending plays with his feet was what was going to prevent him from getting sacked too much? This type of simplified analysis of the position (& has been going on) is why fans often get fooled into thinking a guy is the real deal when he's not.

Nothing Keenum saw yesterday was any worse than what Schaub saw against Tennessee or SD this year. Sure he didn't throw any picks, but lets be real here, we know he should've had at least 2..he was lucky in that regard...

pressure & blitzing bothers every single qb in the league...especially pressure coming up the middle right in your face. Only the elite can handle it consistently well. so it's no surprise that Keenum has struggled with being blitzed & pressured. Why schaub continues to be singled-out here for his inability to handle it consistently is beyond me.

You guys....

I think what kills Keenum right now is the one thing Schaub seems to have that Case doesn't. Experience.

You only get it one way and that can sometimes be ugly. If the game doesn't appear to slow down for him by the end of the year I think we may still be looking for a QB. We have 7 more games for him to learn to settle down and handle the pressure better. One thing was all know whether we're Keenum fans or not is that once teams realize you can't handle the pressure they're going to bring you all of it they can manage.

After he plays the rest of the season we'll be able to make a fair assessment of what we're seeing in Case Keenum.

Whether we will actually do it or not remains to be seen.

Rey
11-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Should we go back and "be real" about the picks Schaub almost threw too?

I can't take a lot of y'all seriously. Some folks judge keenum more harshly than they judged Matt and dude just made his third start without the head coach and normal play caller present.

2012Champs
11-11-2013, 12:22 PM

I can't take a lot of y'all seriously. Some folks judge keenum more harshly than they judged Matt and dude just made his third start without the head coach and normal play caller present.

Yes you can go back and be real about the picks Schaub almost threw. Its simply being realistic to look at yesterdays game and how Case got very lucky so when people talk about him not throwing picks its not as though some help wasnt on his side. Thats not judging anyone more harshly than another its just reality

EVOLVIST
11-11-2013, 12:22 PM

Rep! And there's a lot more to beating the blitz than just recognizing the blitz. There's play calling and audibles, none of which Keenum has had the benefit of or the ability to utilize, due to the intrinsic nature of Gary's offense.

Moreover, yesterday we saw Case motion both Tate and Johnson to the side the blitz was coming from, to no avail. You're simply not going to beat the blitz unless you call blitz beating plays. It didn't happen.

Mr teX
11-11-2013, 12:26 PM

by the end of Schaub's run, people pretty much were counting Schaub's near picks as if they were actual picks....look no further than the game threads....specifically, the SF game thread.

2012Champs
11-11-2013, 12:31 PM
by the end of Schaub's run, people pretty much were counting Schaub's near picks as if they were actual picks....look no further than the game threads....specifically, the SF game thread.

or blaming a QB for tipped ball picks

thunderkyss
11-13-2013, 04:17 PM
It's not that i want to see Schaub come back in & start b/c i dont....he's done for sure. i just find it funny how people are pointing to Keenum's stats like "see, i told you he's good" even though we still only play 1/2 of a game.

When folks tried to point towards stats with Schaub it was "well, this is a qb friendly system..." or "Kubiak/AJ/Foster are making him look good.." etc. etc.

I'm also finding it funny how every excuse in the book is coming out in defense of Keenum but you couldn't get anyone on this board to consider all that stuff for Schaub. I told people when all this started, most times, guys don't fall over the hill right before your eyes like Schaub did this season....there's more to it than just Schaub's poor play.....Now since Case has been starting it's more on:

-the o-line
-the coaching
-the defense
-the special teams

The reality of it is, Schaub had to deal with all of that too & he likely felt pressure to try to do more than he was capable of at times. & 10 year vet or not, no qb can function under siege like our qb's have had to for basically 2 years now. You add in the awful coaching & outdated scheme & you get "business as usual" in terms of this team's success record wise & terrible 2nd halves.

I say all this to say that you can't have it both ways. Yes, Case isn't turning the ball over in epic fashion like Schaub was towards the end, but he's yet to show that he can overcome the same set of circumstances that ultimately contributed to the demise of Schaub.

Are we sure about that? He hasn't thrown an INT, & while he hasn't thrown a pick 6, that fumble recovered for a TD had the same affect. & while I'm not taken seriously, I've been saying the same thing since week 1. Yeah, it sucks that we've got a QB that needs "everything" to be perfect, but we've built this team to "be" perfect. We've got so much invested on the defensive side of the ball, plus one of the best DCs of the last decade (hopefully our Dick Lebeau, Jim Johnson, Monty Kiffen, Rex Ryan). 7 pro bowlers on the offensive side of the ball; Andre, Duane, Wade, Myers, OD, Arian, Schaub...... Only Aj has been pulling his weight, since New England (& that's when Schaub can get him the ball).

Seattle had a great 2012 with their rookie QB because their play makers stepped up... their running game, their defense. SF with Frank Gore & Patrick Willis made it easy on Kaepernick. & on paper they don't look anywhere near as good as our squad, but when it mattered the Colts run game & defense came up as big and Andrew Luck looks like "Andrew Luck."

I was hoping the "spark" we were looking for would result in our play-makers making plays, that our #1 defense would look like a #1 defense. That our 1a & 1b running backs would be the envy of the NFL. Or that we'd find our "Victor Cruz" or "T.Y. Hilton" but.... obviously the spark "we" were looking for was a QB that plays lights out in the first half.

I used to give Rex Ryan a hard time, called him a cheer leader. But he, like Pagano, like Bellichick..... are obviously more capable than Kubiak at getting the most out of their players.

thunderkyss
11-13-2013, 04:32 PM

Like you said, it doesn't matter. Our problem is about the team. Play from the QB may look a bit different.... but we're 0-3 over the last three games.

When Schaub was QB, the only thing that mattered was W's & L's (until we started winning) shouldn't be any different now.

Mr teX
11-13-2013, 05:15 PM
Rep! And there's a lot more to beating the blitz than just recognizing the blitz. There's play calling and audibles, none of which Keenum has had the benefit of or the ability to utilize, due to the intrinsic nature of Gary's offense.
Moreover, yesterday we saw Case motion both Tate and Johnson to the side the blitz was coming from, to no avail. You're simply not going to beat the blitz unless you call blitz beating plays. It didn't happen.

You say the bolded like Schaub didn't have to deal with all that. Don't pull out the excuses for Keenum. He's performed admirably but at the end of the day, this is the system & the coaching staff & what he has to work within...

as far as the "blitz beating" plays, we did call them...the defense was just all over them is all. What, you don't think they knew Keenum was trying to get rid of the ball quickly when they sent a blitz at him? Washington & Dansby were pretty much banking on it which is why alot of that short underneath & over the middle stuff Keenum threw was mostly incomplete &/or nearly picked off.

76Texan
11-13-2013, 06:03 PM

-the o-line
-the coaching
-the defense
-the special teams

The thing is I did bring up all these issues in support of Schaub.
I did not lay everything at his feet.
But Schaub has become one of the problems.

EllisUnit
11-13-2013, 06:06 PM
After 3 weeks of watching Case play there is really still a debate about who should start, even minus all the pic 6s Matt threw and Case has still out played him. We have all said that AJ needs to be targeted more, and why dont he get into the endzone more ? Well he has 5 TD catches this season, all from case and all in the last 2 games.

I see no debate.

tedr
11-13-2013, 06:15 PM
After 3 weeks of watching Case play there is really still a debate about who should start, even minus all the pic 6s Matt threw and Case has still out played him. We have all said that AJ needs to be targeted more, and why dont he get into the endzone more ? Well he has 5 TD catches this season, all from case and all in the last 2 games.

I see no debate.

Good post.

It's true that we haven't won a game with Case...it's also true that all 3 have been infinitely closer than they would have been with Schaub. If people can't see that Case is our best option now (and might be going forward), then they must be watching different games than I am. Give Case until the end of the year- you need a much larger sample size than 3 games.

EllisUnit
11-13-2013, 06:19 PM
Good post.

It's true that we haven't won a game with Case...it's also true that all 3 have been infinitely closer than they would have been with Schaub. If people can't see that Case is our best option now (and might be going forward), then they must be watching different games than I am. Give Case until the end of the year- you need a much larger sample size than 3 games.

Not to mention he hasnt played a full game with Foster who defenses fear and respect more than tate, he hasnt had O.D one of the better TEs in the NFL. AND he has been without Kubiak one of the better Offensive minded play callers for 1 1/2 of his 3 games.

Not making up excuses for the boy, cause he has still played damn good, just saying this isnt as good as he can be.

76Texan
11-13-2013, 06:29 PM
Uhm, don't be hijacking Schaub's thread, LOL.

EllisUnit
11-13-2013, 06:33 PM
Uhm, don't be hijacking Schaub's thread, LOL.

haha i'm not, everyone in here keeps saying Schaub isnt getting treated as fair, case is getting all these excuses blah blah blah. Juts trying to make a few points.

I say we merge the Case and Schaub threads together and call it All Encompassing Starting QB Thread, especially since Kubiak cant make up his mind.

Its like choosing a 12 year old girl scout to fight crime instead of Batman :kitten:

tedr
11-13-2013, 06:35 PM
Not to mention he hasnt played a full game with Foster who defenses fear and respect more than tate, he hasnt had O.D one of the better TEs in the NFL. AND he has been without Kubiak one of the better Offensive minded play callers for 1 1/2 of his 3 games.

Not making up excuses for the boy, cause he has still played damn good, just saying this isnt as good as he can be.

Good points- I hadn't thought about who he hasn't had with him in the games- in my mind that means he's been that much more impressive.

I looked at Schaub's stats with Atlanta. He started two games in his three years there, had a 52% completion %, threw six TDs and six INTs, and had an 0-2 record...yet after playing golf with Kubes, we trade for him, he gets a fat contract, and is anointed the starter. So, he gets all this after not having won a game before coming to Houston, and people here don't think Case deserves to start the rest of the year? What am I missing?

EllisUnit
11-13-2013, 06:38 PM
Good points- I hadn't thought about who he hasn't had with him in the games- in my mind that means he's been that much more impressive.

I looked at Schaub's stats with Atlanta. He started two games in his three years there, had a 52% completion %, threw six TDs and six INTs, and had an 0-2 record...yet after playing golf with Kubes, we trade for him, he gets a fat contract, and is anointed the starter. So, he gets all this after not having won a game before coming to Houston, and people here don't think Case deserves to start the rest of the year? What am I missing?

Your not missing anything, hell look how good jacoby jones looked as a WR once he left hear, thats along has to tell ya something.

infantrycak
11-13-2013, 07:51 PM
So, he gets all this after not having won a game before coming to Houston, and people here don't think Case deserves to start the rest of the year? What am I missing?

Who has said Schaub should replace that wasn't talking about so the Texans would lose for a higher draft pick?

Your not missing anything, hell look how good jacoby jones looked as a WR once he left hear, thats along has to tell ya something.

JJ was a more productive WR in Houston. As a returner he has been better in Baltimore.

EllisUnit
11-13-2013, 07:53 PM
Who has said Schaub should replace that wasn't talking about so the Texans would lose for a higher draft pick?

JJ was a more productive WR in Houston. As a returner he has been better in Baltimore.

he was until his final season there, and then he went on to Baltimore to make some very big plays in the passing/catching game in Baltimore. And yes he was also very good on ST also

infantrycak
11-13-2013, 08:10 PM
he was until his final season there, and then he went on to Baltimore to make some very big plays in the passing/catching game in Baltimore. And yes he was also very good on ST also

His last season in Houston compared to his first in Baltimore he had 1 more reception for 109 more yds, 1 more TD, a better longest and 7 more 1st downs. He was a more productive WR here. Yes he had 2 big receptions in the playoffs.

JCTexan
11-13-2013, 08:12 PM

It's a fact. Jacoby Jones was a more productive WR for the Texans than he has been for the Ravens so far.

2009 - 27 Catches for 437 yards
2010 - 51 Catches for 562 yards
2011 - 31 Catches for 512 yards
2012 - 30 Catches for 406 yards
2013 - 15 Catches for 142 yards

The Pencil Neck
11-14-2013, 01:19 AM

You have to go back in time a little bit. Schaub was a 3rd round draft choice but ONLY because he hurt his shoulder his senior year and teams weren't sure how he would recover from that.

Early on, there were a lot of people in Atlanta calling for Schaub to start over Vick. Schaub was a hot-topic around the league. A lot of teams were interested in him and wanted to trade for him.

He was a high value guy at the time even though there were a lot of nay-sayers in the fanbase who branded him purely a back-up QB.

Now on the other topic... I don't see how anyone could watch Case play in this offense and not be excited about the possibilities and not be overjoyed with his development.

I just don't get it. And as a UH alum, I've tried to be extremely objective about Case because I know I've got some bias there.

YeaLikeRightNow
11-19-2013, 06:46 PM
....had engineered the game-winning drive to beat the Raiders?

This scenario - I thought about right after the game ended and the fiasco on the sideline took place. With AJ not finishing his routes, was that a sign that he did not want Schaub to complete a comeback victory?

Is the dissension this deep between Schaub and the rest of the team?

Things I've been pondering....

Rey
11-19-2013, 06:49 PM
Aj didn't finish his route because there were defenders in his way. I'm pretty sure Dre doesn't give a damn how they win games. Or really anyone else for that matter. Well maybe except kubiak. I think he wanted Schaub to play hero.

JCTexan
11-19-2013, 06:50 PM

This scenario - I thought about right after the game ended and the fiasco on the sideline took place. With AJ not finishing his routes, was that a sign that he did not want Schaub to complete a comeback victory?

The reason I haven't been pondering this is because the throw shouldn't have gone to AJ in the first place. He had like five defenders on him and the end result still would have been the same if he finished his route since the defender would have still been able to tip the pass.

htownfan32
11-19-2013, 06:54 PM
Kubes threw Schaub in as a last desperate measure to win. That's all there is to it. It didn't work out and I'm fairly sure Kubes knows he's gone after this season, so there's no point in putting Schaub out there. Might as well see what we've got in Keenum.

For all that we sh*t on Schaub he moved the sticks last game but couldn't score worth a crap (just like old times). Kubiak's last gamble failed and now he's just preparing Keenum for the future.

I have a feeling in my gut though that the next HC will want his guy at QB and will have the pick at #3 or #4 to draft his guy. Keenum, unless he goes lights out or shows steady improvement, might end up having to duel for his job this coming offseason.

Mr teX
11-19-2013, 06:59 PM
Kubes threw Schaub in as a last desperate measure to win. That's all there is to it. It didn't work out and I'm fairly sure Kubes knows he's gone after this season, so there's no point in not seeing what you have in the future.

For all that we sh*t on Schaub he moved the sticks last game but couldn't score worth a crap (just like old times). Kubiak's last gamble failed and now he's just preparing Keenum for the future.

I have a feeling in my gut though that the next HC will want his guy at QB and will have the pick at #3 or #4 to draft his guy. Keenum, unless he goes lights out or shows steady improvement, might end up having to duel for his job this coming offseason.

You dont think that he should?

htownfan32
11-19-2013, 07:02 PM
You dont think that he should?

Should what? Prep Keenum for the future? He definitely should. Might as well see what we got.

or did you mean should Keenum face competition in the offseason? If it's what's best for the team, then yes. If not, if Keenum is truly the guy, then we can roll with him and I'll happily watch #7 chuck TDs to #80 all Sunday long.

Bulls on Parade
11-19-2013, 07:03 PM

In his younger days, I think he would have ran it in himself. I remember a home win (29-28) over the Dolphins years ago (2008) when Matt Schaub just tucked it in and ran for the winning score in a similar situation. I think it was fourth and one at the three yard line with seven seconds left. It was a little difference I guess but close enough.

http://youtu.be/uiSpXsh0ru0

The Tecmo Super Bowl version of that play. Kind of funny how that was our first win of the season that year. It just seems like the Texans are a day late and a dollar short. Nothing we do seems to work anymore. It's like the football Gods handed us two straight wild-card victories over the Bengals and now we're in for a lot of bad football again.

htownfan32
11-19-2013, 07:05 PM
In his younger days, I think he would have ran it in himself. I remember a home win (29-28) over the Dolphins years ago (2008) when Matt Schaub just tucked it in and ran for the winning score in a similar situation. I think it was fourth and one at the three yard line with seven seconds left. It was a little difference I guess but close enough.

http://youtu.be/uiSpXsh0ru0

The Tecmo Super Bowl version of that play. Kind of funny how that was our first win of the season that year. It just seems like the Texans are a day late and a dollar short. Nothing we do seems to work anymore. It's like the football Gods handed us two straight wild-card victories over the Bengals and now we're in for a lot of bad football again.

If you remember that Oakland game at home (was it two or one year ago? can't recall... pretty sure it was two because we lost) Schaub had a day to throw it and was very close to the endzone, could have ran it in, but threw the pick instead.

Bulls on Parade
11-19-2013, 07:05 PM
If you remember that Oakland game at home (was it two or one year ago? can't recall... pretty sure it was two because we lost) Schaub had a day to throw it and was very close to the endzone, could have ran it in, but threw the pick instead.
I remember that game and play. Same situation again, LOL

The Raiders had 10 guys on the field also!

EllisUnit
11-19-2013, 07:56 PM

If this were the case the O-line would not of blocked for him half as good as they did.

Norg
11-19-2013, 07:56 PM
then matt would be the starter this week and Matt would prob Crush THE JAGS

now with Case I still think we can win but IDK

YeaLikeRightNow
11-19-2013, 07:58 PM

Ahhh..those sweet memories, when we still had a chance!

TejasTom
11-19-2013, 08:15 PM
Aj didn't finish his route because there were defenders in his way. I'm pretty sure Dre doesn't give a damn how they win games. Or really anyone else for that matter. Well maybe except kubiak. I think he wanted Schaub to play hero.

I'd really like to see the All 22 on this. From where I was sitting and TV replays, looked like K-Mart was open.

Honoring Earl 34
11-19-2013, 08:28 PM

Yep ... And that left only 7 to cover AJ which left him open via Matt . :pinned:

djohn2oo8
11-21-2013, 02:28 PM
@HoustonTexans
"I think he's handled himself with the utmost class. That's why he'll continue in this league." Kubiak on Schaub handling QB change #Texans

"Continue in this league".

badboy
11-21-2013, 02:33 PM
You can read into that anything you want.

Hookem Horns
11-21-2013, 02:35 PM
@HoustonTexans

"Continue in this league".

I am sure he will. He's a serviceable backup and doesn't have baggage like some who are not in the league.

Carr Bombed
11-21-2013, 02:36 PM
I don't see what's so interesting about the quote.

He basically said Matt Schaub will still have a job in the NFL... and he will. Everything Kubiak said is true.

djohn2oo8
11-21-2013, 02:38 PM
I don't see what's so interesting about the quote.

He basically said Matt Schaub will still have a job in the NFL... and he will. Everything Kubiak said is true.

It's just nice to hear his future won't be here.

Playoffs
11-21-2013, 02:41 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m05xunM7q01r06r2oo1_400.gif

:runaway:

chicagotexan2
11-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Wow I wonder if any fans would be interested in buying a Matt Schaub blow up doll? It's never been used. Ah nevernind I'm sure some fans already have thier own in all jersey colors at that.

11-22-2013, 08:23 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/21/michael-vick-says-nick-foles-should-remain-starter/

THIS is how Matt Schaub should be handling his benching.

TejasTom
11-22-2013, 08:42 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/21/michael-vick-says-nick-foles-should-remain-starter/

Matt Schaub behind Vick again.

Vinny
11-22-2013, 11:33 AM
I think this Matt Schaub situation is a great example of what you can do with stats and why you have to think outside the stat box when evaluating players. For years folks have made a case that Schaub was a hell of a QB because of his stat line. Sure the offense looks good on paper when you dink and dunk between the 20's like David Carr used to do. Lot's of first downs, lots of yardage...but that's because teams keep you in front of them since you can't stretch the field. Huge yardage totals for Schaub, Johnson and Foster but 3 FG's and a TD won't win most games. Carr checking down to Dom Davis when AJ wasn't open didn't do much for this team either...but the Carr fans all raved about how his qb rating, completion percentage and yardage totals were awesome. You gotta look past the stat line and read between the lines a little more to determine what's what out there.

MannyFresh
11-22-2013, 11:52 AM

He didn't do that at all...when he came on the field he was clapping his hands in a "bout damn time" manner.

thunderkyss
11-23-2013, 01:32 AM

Who's to say he wouldn't?

Philadelphia is 4-1 in five starts by Foles this season.

There's a big difference between 4-1 & 0-4