PDA

View Full Version : All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

thunderkyss
09-29-2013, 11:21 AM
You can't expect YAC when your QB only seems to throw jump-up balls, behind his receivers, high passes, come back routes, almost hit-the-ground passes and into multiple coverage (especially when there are obvious alternatives present).

Yet the Texans seem to be among the league leaders in YAC.

thunderkyss
09-29-2013, 11:23 AM
This entire offense is designed to keep the QB clean , from a strong running game to the play action stuff where they take their shots .... Masking the QB's weaknesses while taking advantage of what he has historically done well.

What offense isn't?

CloakNNNdagger
09-29-2013, 11:25 AM
Was going to start a new thread , but it all comes back to Schaub anyhow ... so here's my thoughts:

This entire offense is designed to keep the QB clean , from a strong running game to the play action stuff where they take their shots .... Masking the QB's weaknesses while taking advantage of what he has historically done well.

Its obvious to me that Gary understands what he has at the QB position .....

Over the last 8-10 games including the last few & playoffs last season , the QB hasn't been able to execute the game plan and rather than being a positive or net zero , that QB has hurt the teams chances.

I noticed against the Tinbreds that Schaub's play action fakes weren't up to the standards we are accustomed to ... I really think this is telling of a greater issue. It could be the accumulation of injuries to the shoulder & feet or it could be lacking trust in the OL having to turn his back to the defense.

When I look at the throws Schaub is making (or not) , its easy to see he isn't near as accurate with his location as he was in the past ... I think that is pointing to those injuries being a bigger deal than we are led to believe.

Is Schaub damaged goods or is the OL the problem ?! .... He should be performing to a higher standard in an offense designed around him being kept clean.

It is becoming evident to many now that Schaub is throwing off of his back foot.

He throws off his back foot a lot on the short to intermediate passes and he doesn't have the arm strength to do it.

That's because he doesn't have a healthy back foot to push off of..........a problem that effects both strength of throw (especially in tight spaces) and accuracy (again, especially in tight spaces).

Stop to really think this out. If a QB's problem is based on a shoulder problem, in order to compensate weaker strength of throws, he will always try to compensate by pushing off even more forcibly with his back foot.........he will never end up throwing off of his back foot!

nut
09-29-2013, 02:58 PM
He is a time bomb waiting to go off every time he plays now. I don't care if Toro takes the helm. Schaub is done. His confidence is shattered and irrepairable.

WolverineFan
09-29-2013, 03:08 PM
It's not just Schaub. Don't get me wrong, he's horrible, but the next QB is still handcuffed by Kubiak's inept playcalling.

Lurvinator11
Look, I have been a Schaub supporter for the longest time. Right now, he gives us the best chance to win. So I'm not saying we should bench him. Despite the fact that he played a good game, he still makes an awful throw that puts us into overtime. We should be celebrating a victory right now, but now it's tied going into OT. Schaub may throw the game winning TD pass, but as of right now we need to find a replacement for him next season. Draft a QB high, I don't care. He isn't the answer, and needs to go.

Trap_Star
Matty Pick Six

Mr teX
09-29-2013, 03:13 PM
I agree....that last 1.....that was just bad.....apart from that, our defense shouldn't just fall apart when Cushing goes out either......

JamesBill
09-29-2013, 03:26 PM
I agree....that last 1.....that was just bad.....apart from that, our defense shouldn't just fall apart when Cushing goes out either......

It is because Wade had Mercilus on Wilson. So taking out Cushing just destroyed the game plan.

htownfan32
09-29-2013, 03:33 PM
Look, I have been a Schaub supporter for the longest time. Right now, he gives us the best chance to win. So I'm not saying we should bench him. Despite the fact that he played a good game, he still makes an awful throw that puts us into overtime. We should be celebrating a victory right now, but now it's tied going into OT. Schaub may throw the game winning TD pass, but as of right now we need to find a replacement for him next season. Draft a QB high, I don't care. He isn't the answer, and needs to go.

I say we bench him, let TJ play out the season, and then trade all our picks for first rounders and draft Johnny Manziel and Tajh Boyd and make them compete against each other in camp. Loser of the competition gets traded :thisbig:

Mr teX
09-29-2013, 03:34 PM
Just gotta sit him.....if for no other reason for people to see that the answer at qb isn't on the roster.... And for folks to see that Kubrick is as much the problem as Schaub is..this team can't put 60 minutes together....haven't done it in a long time...that's on the coach

PockyAF
09-29-2013, 03:34 PM
Title should be changed to "put down"

Lurvinator11
09-29-2013, 03:36 PM
I say we bench him, let TJ play out the season, and then trade all our picks for first rounders and draft Johnny Manziel and Tajh Boyd and make them compete against each other in camp. Loser of the competition gets traded :thisbig:

Sorry mr. Aggie, but I don't want anything to do with Manziel. He's no where near ready for the pros, and I feel bad for whatever team takes him.

I want Bridgewater, but he's super high. At this point I don't care if it's Keenum, Schaub is just done. Done.

PockyAF
09-29-2013, 03:37 PM
You don't kill Medusa by cutting off her hair

Get to the root of the problem.. it's just too bad McNair is in love with Kubiak

htownfan32
Sorry mr. Aggie, but I don't want anything to do with Manziel. He's no where near ready for the pros, and I feel bad for whatever team takes him.

I want Bridgewater, but he's super high. At this point I don't care if it's Keenum, Schaub is just done. Done.

Hahaha I was only half serious. In any case yes, Schaub needs out. I mock drafted Brett Hundley to us. I would be ecstatic with Tajh Boyd too.

Tearstain
Bench him.

Am sick of hearing how he blows it when it's crunch time.

Trade Tate and get a high pick for the host of talent in next years draft.

DX-TEX
09-29-2013, 03:39 PM

Please stop. Im begging you quit making excuses.

TexanBacker93

They shouldn't, but through 3 quarters the D had played better than I've seen in a long while. The offense could have put the game away by then, but our HC was trying to protect the lead instead of going for the kill. The D has to be tired of the offense giving up a TD each game and being unable to score themselves. We put up 500 yards of offense, but could only manage 20 points? I don't care if the Seahawks are the best D in the NFL. That's embarrassing. It demoralizes a defense when they go out there time after time and do their job and watch the offense fail to produce.

JCTexan
I don't care what anybody says, Schaub is single-handily losing football games for this team. Basically throwing a jump ball with a 7 point lead is not on Kubiak. I don't know if Yates or Keenum is the answer but I'm getting ready to find out if Schaub continues playing like complete crap.

panamamyers
He should have been gone the day after he threw that pick six to Rodger-Cromartie back in 2009.
He has never been any good. Yates would have been a notch or two above Schaub by now if we had just bit the bullet and put him in there and lived with what we got over the last two years.
Schaub would not even be on a team in the NFL if it were not for the Texans.

SAMURAITEXAN
Matt's INT is killing us. Enough is enough.

RCPM
09-29-2013, 03:40 PM
schaub has no soul.

Mr.Scarface
09-29-2013, 03:40 PM
Ive...changed my mind. Schaub needs to go. Give me keenum. can't be worse. WTF...KUBIAK...........RUN THE ****ING BALL.

bash
09-29-2013, 03:41 PM
**** this.

I cant stand those stupid rookie INTs he has to throw EVERY SINGLE GAME.

Kubiak or Schaub. One must go.

RTP2110
09-29-2013, 03:41 PM
This is so true. Mistakes aside, show me one throw/read/decision that he made today that TJ or Case couldn't. I just don't see anything that makes him stand out as irreplaceable.

CretorFrigg
09-29-2013, 03:42 PM
I'm not even a fan of Yates or Keenum. But good God, how many chances does one QB get?

PockyAF
09-29-2013, 03:46 PM
Ex-Texans Derrick Ward comment on Schaub

Brian Cushing pretty much admitting it last week

Arian Foster face/body language after Schaub pick 6 today

I feel it's getting more obvious how his teammates truly feel about this klutz

Pantherstang84
09-29-2013, 03:47 PM
**** this.

Schaub. I think Kubiak's scheme can be successful with a competent QB.

Mr teX
Please stop. Im begging you quit making excuses.

No excuse....Schaub needs to sit if not out right released.....but it ain't a coincidence the Seahawks started to roll when that dude went out...we're just not very good....remind me of the 2011 falcons that went 8-8 the year after they went 13-3...new coach and new qb needed ASAP.

amazing80
Derrick Ward comment

I mean c'mon. Dude's mistake is going to kill this team's morale.

I agree at some point this team will stop playing their hearts out, Schaub is losing the only people in the world who actually believed in him....hes worthless

stonewhite
09-29-2013, 03:49 PM
Title should be changed to "put down"

Roflmao

amazing80
09-29-2013, 03:50 PM
Schaub needs to be throat punched by the defense

htownfan32
09-29-2013, 03:51 PM
Schaub. I think Kubiak's scheme can be successful with a competent QB.

I'm with ya now. No more excuses for the slob that throws passes for our team.

Where can I find the pink soap?

gafftop
09-29-2013, 03:51 PM
I think we also need a new coach. We need action but we will get NOTHING but the same old ****.
Make Schaub inactive and let's see what TJ and Case can do.

bigfan77801
09-29-2013, 03:52 PM
**** this.

Can I have both to go?

Insideop
09-29-2013, 03:52 PM
I have been a Schaub supporter for a long time and thought the team could overcome his deficiencies enough to win, but this is it. I think whatever support he had in the locker room is probably gone now. He flat out lost this game for the Texans and he has to go! This makes his last 10 games that he's thrown a pick going back to last year, and now he has 3 pick 6's in the last 3 games. I'm not sure if that's an NFL record or something but Kubiak just can't put him back out there again! It would be a disservice to the team and to Schaub himself. I'm not sure what's going on with Schaub right now, whether it's in his head or what, but it doesn't matter. They just can't play him again!

utahmark
09-29-2013, 03:53 PM
Schaub cost us that game. That's for sure. I would sit him for a half..... at least!

EllisUnit
09-29-2013, 03:53 PM
No excuse....Schaub needs to sit if not out right released.....but it ain't a coincidence the Seahawks started to roll when that dude went out...we're just not very good....remind me of the 2011 falcons that went 8-8 the year after they went 13-3...new coach and new qb needed ASAP.

Ok Kubiak does make some bone headed calls, but is it Kubiak who throws short of the sticks ? Is it Kubiak who throws the pick 6 ? Is it Kubiak who cant get away from pressure ?

Kubiak is hard headed in his belief that Schaub is the next Elway, but Kubiak does put us in position to win most of the time.

If Schaub wasnt so scared and could step up in the pocket instead of go all fetile when he sees pressure then the plays are there. He cant step up and keep his eyes down field, we dont need a QB like wilson who can run it 25 yards on a QB draw, we just need a QB who has awarness that Schaub doesnt have anymore.

Kubiaks ONLY flaw is that he is to hard headed in his belief in Schaub, for the most part i do not question his coaching.

Ghostform
09-29-2013, 03:54 PM
Heres a preview from next weeks game

http://imageshack.us/a/img109/3397/98s9.jpg

MEGA SWATT
09-29-2013, 03:55 PM
Ms has to go

MEGA SWATT
09-29-2013, 03:56 PM
**** this.

Both must go

MEGA SWATT
09-29-2013, 03:58 PM

Too bad jerseys don't match

Vinny
09-29-2013, 03:58 PM
Meatball Matt. Kubiak brought him to the dance and Kubiak is going to let him define him.

Hervoyel
09-29-2013, 03:59 PM
It's not just Schaub. Don't get me wrong, he's horrible, but the next QB is still handcuffed by Kubiak's inept playcalling.

Right now, at this moment it is exactly "Just Schaub". Yates will indeed be saddled with the Kubiak-Cuffs but maybe his head is in a better place than Matts is right now. Schaub is making lousy decisions and trying to do too much. On top of that Matt can't create anything Not one thing can he make happen with athletic ability or sheer willpower. He's not that kind of player. Yates might be able to make something happen.

Sadly the only guy on the roster who has a history of creating out of thin air is Case Keenum* and Kubiak will have to progress through Yates before he could even bring himself to consider bringing Keenum off the bench to get a spark.

If things got to that level he'd just rationalize that Matt had sat enough and go back to him.

*Note: We don't really even know if Keenum could do that at this level. He did in college. Won't know if he can do it in the NFL until he gets a chance to try and with Gary that will never happen.

Mr teX
09-29-2013, 04:01 PM
Ok Kubiak does make some bone headed calls, but is it Kubiak who throws short of the sticks ? Is it Kubiak who throws the pick 6 ? Is it Kubiak who cant get away from pressure ?

Kubiak is hard headed in his belief that Schaub is the next Elway, but Kubiak does put us in position to win most of the time.

If Schaub wasnt so scared and could step up in the pocket instead of go all fetile when he sees pressure then the plays are there. He cant step up and keep his eyes down field, we dont need a QB like wilson who can run it 25 yards on a QB draw, we just need a QB who has awarness that Schaub doesnt have anymore.

Kubiaks ONLY flaw is that he is to hard headed in his belief in Schaub, for the most part i do not question his coaching.

Lol, don't think kubiak has ever thought Schaub is the next elway.... And what many in here don't take into account about the throwing short of the sticks thing is many of the times teams force u to do that...

Where kubiak is failing....and has been consistently been failing is getting this team to play a full damn game... We always come out flat and rally.... Or come out like gangbusters and limp to the end....how about dominating from start to finish most times? That's on the head coach..

Hervoyel
09-29-2013, 04:02 PM
I'm going to go ahead and say it and I welcome the negative rep I'll get because I know I deserve it.

I'm going to say it anyway.

We need Matt to go down with another injury. It's time to see what else we have in the pantry and the only way Gary will ever do this is if Matt can't go.

Wolf
09-29-2013, 04:02 PM
Right now, at this moment it is exactly "Just Schaub". Yates will indeed be saddled with the Kubiak-Cuffs but maybe his head is in a better place than Matts is right now. Schaub is making lousy decisions and trying to do too much. On top of that Matt can't create anything Not one thing can he make happen with athletic ability or sheer willpower. He's not that kind of player. Yates might be able to make something happen.

Sadly the only guy on the roster who has a history of creating out of thin air is Case Keenum* and Kubiak will have to progress through Yates before he could even bring himself to consider bringing Keenum off the bench to get a spark.

If things got to that level he'd just rationalize that Matt had sat enough and go back to him.

*Note: We don't really even know if Keenum could do that at this level. He did in college. Won't know if he can do it in the NFL until he gets a chance to try and with Gary that will never happen.

Sadly it might take An injury to recognize it ala billicheat and brady

Honoring Earl 34
09-29-2013, 04:04 PM
Hey Y'all come on down and play Matty's

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/397/270/129021676_crop_650x440.jpg?1318470966

http://www.state.nj.us/lottery/images/games/logo-p6.png

Insideop
09-29-2013, 04:04 PM
I have to believe this. The last picture they showed of him on TV he was sitting by himself. I don't think anybody else was on the same bench. It was like he had the plague or something. He looked pretty dejected. My guess is he's done! It's time to see if Yates or Keenum can do anything for this team. If not, they need to start looking in the Draft next year.

Thorn
09-29-2013, 04:05 PM
I'm going to go ahead and say it and I welcome the negative rep I'll get because I know I deserve it.

We need Matt to go down with another injury. It's time to see what else we have in the pantry and the only way Gary will ever do this is if Matt can't go.

I don't disagree actually, other than I really don't like any player getting injured. Maybe Foster could just step on Schaub's foot or something.

EllisUnit
09-29-2013, 04:07 PM
Hey Y'all come on down and play Matty's

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/397/270/129021676_crop_650x440.jpg?1318470966

http://www.state.nj.us/lottery/images/games/logo-p6.png

Yeah but that would be rigged, he would always win...

Malloy
09-29-2013, 04:08 PM

I had the exact same thought. Nothing will chance unless we see an injury :(

cstyle42
09-29-2013, 04:08 PM
The first step in getting better is admitting and coming to reality that a change has to be made. Schaub needs to sit. Stephen A Smith told Andre Johnson he didn't believe in their qb.

fiasco west
09-29-2013, 04:09 PM

I agree with this.

I think Kubiak's offense would be amazing with a mobile QB.

Unfortunately you deserve to go down with the ship you built, and Kubiak seems fine with Schaub steering the ship so he deserves to go down with it. If they don't get their acts together they are going to finish 3rd in the division.

SAMURAITEXAN
09-29-2013, 04:10 PM
We may need to take a risk by changing Schaub to our back ups? We need to be patience with our back ups but the way things are going, we may not make to the playoff and we sure ain't gonna make to SB with Schaub. So why not change? SF did last year. I am fed up with stupid INTs by Schaub.

Premier
09-29-2013, 04:11 PM
hes a boy amongst men..

EllisUnit
09-29-2013, 04:12 PM
Lol, don't think kubiak has ever thought Schaub is the next elway.... And what many in here don't take into account about the throwing short of the sticks thing is many of the times teams force u to do that...

Where kubiak is failing....and has been consistently been failing is getting this team to play a full damn game... We always come out flat and rally.... Or come out like gangbusters and limp to the end....how about dominating from start to finish most times? That's on the head coach..

See i dont understand this, Kubiak cannot help if the offense or defense dont execute the plays that are called. He may run more, O-line gets paid to block, and if he does call a throw Schaub is paid to make the pass and the WRs are paid to catch the ball. These guys are the ones not executing, and since Schaub is the QB he gets the blame for the execution, especially with his every game pick 6.

thunderkyss
09-29-2013, 04:13 PM
I don't know how Kubiak can come out supporting Schaub right now.

The job of the Houston Texans is going to be trying to quite the Schaub talk & move on. There's no way to explain it.

Mr teX
09-29-2013, 04:14 PM
Ex-Texans Derrick Ward comment on Schaub

I feel it's getting more obvious how his teammates truly feel about this klutz

And u are which player on the team? Can't see how u can say that unless you are in fact in the locker room and on the team...

msbbc833
09-29-2013, 04:15 PM
And u are which player on the team? Can't see how u can say that unless you are in fact in the locker room and on the team...

He was quoting former Texan RB Ward

TexansSeminole
09-29-2013, 04:15 PM
I think we may actually see a change at QB. We are getting to the point that Kubiak is now going to take some heat when Schaub screws up. There have been plenty of signs that it is time to move on and if Kubiak can't see that, it's on him. I think Kubiak likes Schaub alot, but don't think he will put his own job on the line for him.

It's time to move on, even Kubiak has to see that now.

Premier
09-29-2013, 04:16 PM

im with you, schaub is fools gold.. a trip to the IR would force kubiaks hand..

thunderkyss
09-29-2013, 04:17 PM
We may need to take a risk by changing Schaub to our back ups?

That's the only thing that makes sense to me. Being our "best option" & everything through practice is one thing, but to come out & play like this (even against the #2 defense in the league) is something else.

He needs to ride the bench & if he is the guy Kubiak thinks he is, he'll rise to the occasion & win the job on an NFL field. Tj get's hurt, or plays poorly... that's the time to throw Schaub out there to win his job back.

SchaubApologist
im with you, schaub is fools gold.. a trip to the IR would force kubiaks hand..

i'm afraid this will only give the texans an excuse to bring him back next season... "he was hurt", etc....

JamesBill
Either one of the backup QBs would have made that run that club foot attempted. Honestly I still am in shock he thought he could do that.

SchaubApologist
09-29-2013, 04:18 PM
I don't know how Kubiak can come out supporting Schaub right now.

The job of the Houston Texans is going to be trying to quite the Schaub talk & move on. There's no way to explain it.

now you're coming around...

CloakNNNdagger
09-29-2013, 04:19 PM
hes a boy amongst men..

That's not really the problem..........

http://i.qkme.me/3rgx9y.jpg

fiasco west
09-29-2013, 04:20 PM
I think we may actually see a change at QB. We are getting to the point that Kubiak is now going to take some heat when Schaub screws up. There have been plenty of signs that it is time to move on and if Kubiak can't see that, it's on him. I think Kubiak likes Schaub alot, but don't think he will put his own job on the line for him.

It's time to move on, even Kubiak has to see that now.

I think he gets another week at least.

I think there is A LOT of pressure, especially since the Colts and Titans are actually good teams this year.

SchaubApologist
09-29-2013, 04:20 PM
kubes is the only one that still believes in him.. and that's all that matters :(

thunderkyss
09-29-2013, 04:21 PM
now you're coming around...

He's falling on the sword hard right now.

Kubiak taking one for the whole team.

Scooter
been beating the schaub drum as a homer for a long time, but today is my breaking point. 3 pick 6's in only four games is it, i'm off the boat. done. put in keenum. at least put in yates. anyone who's not absolute junk in the pocket and can make better decisions with the ball. preferably someone who's more nimble than a 340lb nose tackle in space.

Rey
I want to see Keenum.

I'll settle for Yates, but I think keenum would energize this team in a big way.

Rey
09-29-2013, 04:23 PM
He's falling on the sword hard right now.

Kubiak taking one for the whole team.

Yep.

I can't take anything he's saying seriously. He's killing himself on the radio right now.

htownfan32
09-29-2013, 04:23 PM
I want to see Keenum.

I'll settle for Yates, but I think keenum would energize this team in a big way.

We're already losing, so why not give them a chance? Maybe one of the two will come out in the clutch for us.

If not we'll Indy our way through this season and draft Tajh Boyd lol

RTP2110
09-29-2013, 04:24 PM
Andre was visibly upset when Schaub missed him running open in the back of the endzone.

SAMURAITEXAN
09-29-2013, 04:25 PM
That's the only thing that makes sense to me. Being our "best option" & everything through practice is one thing, but to come out & play like this (even against the #2 defense in the league) is something else.

He needs to ride the bench & if he is the guy Kubiak thinks he is, he'll rise to the occasion & win the job on an NFL field. Tj get's hurt, or plays poorly... that's the time to throw Schaub out there to win his job back.

We should be 4-0 or 3-1 at least after week 4. Thanks to our D, we were able to win some games. I don't think Kube has no excuse left for Schaub and we need to move on. Like you said, keep Schaub as our back up and trade him next year if we can(maybe difficult with cap and all but at least we can try to find a trading partner that believe in fools gold).

htownfan32
At least a mutinous team might force a change of some sort.

gafftop
Is 3 pick 6s in consecutive games a record?

SchaubApologist
09-29-2013, 04:26 PM
Andre was visibly upset when Schaub missed him running open in the back of the endzone.

i saw that too... he threw a hissy!

rightfully so too.. Andre needs to speak up.

CloakNNNdagger

I've been saying this forever. He positions the ball where the receivers routinely get cracked hard.

EllisUnit
been beating the schaub drum as a homer for a long time, but today is my breaking point. 3 pick 6's in only four games is it, i'm off the boat. done. put in keenum. at least put in yates. anyone who's not absolute junk in the pocket and can make better decisions with the ball. preferably someone who's more nimble than a 340lb nose tackle in space.

Agree i have been a pro Schaub guy until today, he lost a lot of fans after today IMO

AngryNateFTW
09-29-2013, 04:27 PM
Matt Schaub jersey's..

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab39/bdroddy/IMG958531.jpg

thunderkyss
preferably someone who's more nimble than a 340lb nose tackle in space.

That was pathetic.

I'm sure he was having Haynesworth flash backs, but damn.... If that were to happen to anyone else I'm sure he'd be thinking, "Next time, I'm going to juke him, bust a spin move...... "

Or even after watching all his film he should have seen opportunities where he could have won that athleticism battle.

Sooner or later, a man has got to get tired of looking like a btch.

DX-TEX

Probably. Personally I give him 4 in a row. Chargers INT on first play was a freaking gimmee

Nawzer

Yep I saw that too. First time I've ever seen AJ that mad at Schaub.

Mr teX
See i dont understand this, Kubiak cannot help if the offense or defense dont execute the plays that are called. He may run more, O-line gets paid to block, and if he does call a throw Schaub is paid to make the pass and the WRs are paid to catch the ball. These guys are the ones not executing, and since Schaub is the QB he gets the blame for the execution, especially with his every game pick 6.

Execution is as much on the coach as it is the players and Kubiak and Schaub are a packaged deal in that regard...removing only 1 will still leave us with the same ol' crap we have now.
Look at Dallas with Tony Romo and wade. They're about a year ahead of where we are now with Schaub and kubiak.. Many fans wanted Romo gone in Wade's last year there they thought it was wade mostly and thought that if Romo just had better coaching.......but rather than doing what they should've did and getting rid of both Wade and Romo.... They decided to only get rid of 1.....as a result, they're still going thru the same crap they were going thru 3 years ago with wade....

You need new blood with a new philosophy...that almost always comes with a new qb.

stingray
Is it? has to be.:wadepalm:

EllisUnit
09-29-2013, 04:29 PM
If Schaub remains or QB i honestly see AJ retiring after this season. I think he knows Schaub is the reason this team will not when a SB.

Mr teX

No... Believe it or not Peyton Manning did something similar the year before he went out with his neck injury.

Rey

I was about to say the same thing.

You're starting to see a lot more players showing frustration when Schaub screws up.

On the radio yesterday they were saying that some players in the locker room had privately admitted to not having faith in Schaub.

You can see it on guys' faces. I was shocked when Dre showed that frustration when Schaub didn't give him a chance to catch that ball in the back if the EZ.

Premier
10 interceptions in his last 7 games.. this is what matt has done..

Insideop
kubes is the only one that still believes in him.. and that's all that matters :(

I guess we'll see what Kubes is going to do. I can't say I will be totally surprised if Kubes has Schaub go back out there against the Niners but I won't be surprised if it's Yates either. And, I'm hoping Kubes has mercy on the team (Schaub included), and all of us, and goes with Yates next Sunday!

EllisUnit
09-29-2013, 04:30 PM
If not i'm sure he will get to 4 next week.

Mr teX
09-29-2013, 04:31 PM
Manning did something similar in 2011

gafftop
09-29-2013, 04:31 PM
What the hell does MS do so much better than the backups? Really?
I am not really sure he does anything better. I know he does things worse.
Schaub is NOT the future. Let's look to future.
Before long MS will kill the spirit of this team.
If not for AJ, Cushing, Watts etc I think this team would be in disarray now.

I would still like to have MS mic'd up. I think it would be revealing for all.

Rey
09-29-2013, 04:32 PM
Manning did something similar in 2011

Which manning?

Normally when people just say manning they're talking about Peyton.

And he didn't play in 2011.

Maybe he threw some pick sixes to his kids in the back yard?

IlliniJen
09-29-2013, 04:32 PM
Y'all are crazy if you hold out hope that Conserviak is going to bench Schaub. He's going to wear the albatross of Schaub to the unemployment line.

ziggy29
09-29-2013, 04:33 PM
Most NFL QBs have at least ONE way to beat pressure.

Some of them can "feel" it or "sense" it -- like Peyton Manning (and others to a lesser degree), sidestep it or move up in the pocket, buy a few more seconds and find a receiver who gets open (usually with man coverage).

Others can roll out of the pocket, scramble and throw accurately on the run. Roethlisberger is an example here.

The final way is to abandon the pass, tuck the ball and run like hell upfield. Wilson does this, as well as a few others.

The point is, most NFL QBs can do at least one of these decently, even if not as well as the examples I mentioned.

Schaub is horrible at ALL of these. And his decision making under pressure is probably in the lower half of NFL QBs as well.

The bottom line is that Schaub is a terrible QB -- one of the worst -- when pressured. Sure, when he has time and throws for 460 yards and 3 TDs, or when he faces a 3-man front in a prevent defense on a two-minute drill he can look like one of the better ones -- but under pressure he is terrible. He can't sense the pressure and dodge it. He can't throw on the run. He can't beat you with his legs. He makes bad decisions throwing the ball under extreme duress.

Porky
09-29-2013, 04:34 PM
I am a slow 50 yr old white dude, and I could outrun MS while wearing a suit of armor.

I've got some feathers. Who has a bucket of hot tar? :overreact:

Big52Hurt
09-29-2013, 04:35 PM
hey fellas! at least Schaub didn't toss 5 INT's in one game. smh! Flacco was horrible today!

~Mili

CloakNNNdagger
09-29-2013, 04:36 PM
I want to see Keenum.

There's going to be a real need for a whole lot of "energizing" for this team to overcome what's been allowed to go on for so long. I agree with you. And Yates is unlikely to deliver that.

Insideop
09-29-2013, 04:36 PM
Agree i have been a pro Schaub guy until today, he lost a lot of fans after today IMO

That's not the only ones he lost. I think he lost the team and probably the coaches today too! Did you see him sitting on the bench all by himself in the last few minutes of the game? It was like he had the plague or something. This should be the "last nail in the coffin" for Schaub!

Mr teX
09-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Which manning?

Normally when people just say manning they're talking about Peyton.

And he didn't play in 2011.

Maybe he threw some pick sixes to his kids in the back yard?

The year prior to 2011.....Peyton manning did something similar....edit don't think they were consecutive but he had like 3 in a short span

SAMURAITEXAN
I am a slow 50 yr old white dude, and I could outrun MS while wearing a suit of armor.

I've got some feathers. Who has a bucket of hot tar? :overreact:

Yeah that too but what concerns me most is his decision making when pressure. Enough is enough and time for us to move on with our one of back ups as our starting QB.

cstyle42
hey fellas! at least Schaub didn't toss 5 INT's in one game. smh! Flacco was horrible today!

~Mili

At least Flacco has a superbowl.

EllisUnit
09-29-2013, 04:39 PM
There's going to be a real need for a whole lot of "energizing" for this team to overcome what's been allowed to go on for so long. I agree with you. And Yates is unlikely to deliver that.

Keenum has that thing about him, the will to want to win, that is contagious, like with P. Manning. Make a change to an emotional QB who has a desire to win and see this team come together.

CloakNNNdagger
09-29-2013, 04:40 PM
Y'all are crazy if you hold out hope that Conserviak is going to bench Schaub. He's going to wear the albatross of Schaub to the unemployment line.

I hope you're wrong. But history doesn't lend that much hope. The only glimmer I can conger up is that Bob McNair becomes antsy with the possibility of losing the fan base, and intervenes.

Nawzer
09-29-2013, 04:42 PM
Nothing is going to change next week or the week after that. Kubiak will be here and he'll roll out with Schaub. Kubiak and Schaub are going to go down together. I'm not overly disappointed by today's game actually because I was expecting a loss. We all knew that this was going to be a rough patch. We'll see how well the team is playing in December. But it's clear that at this moment Texans are not a serious playoff team. They can turn it around but it's going to take a massive change in attitude an that's something I don't see Kubiak being able to mastermind. He's way too conservative and he's going to stick with this system and Schaub till the day he gets fired.

Rey
09-29-2013, 04:42 PM

Jen I love how you word things. LMAO.

SAMURAITEXAN
09-29-2013, 04:44 PM
Is it? has to be.:wadepalm:

Not sure but if we keep Schaub as our starting QB, he will make a record on that stat. At least he can put his name down on record book before he retires.

CloakNNNdagger
Premiere 19 pointed out "10 interceptions in his last 7 games.. this is what matt has done.."

Porky
610 caller made a great point - Ben Tate fumbles and Kubes benches him the rest of the game. Tate didn't get another carry.

MS 3 games in a row with a pick 6 and roughly 10 games in a row where he has mostly been garbage and Kubes continues to roll with him.

Pantherstang84
09-29-2013, 04:47 PM
Nothing is going to change next week or the week after that. Kubiak will be here and he'll roll out with Schaub. Kubiak and Schaub are going to go down together. I'm not overly disappointed by today's game actually because I was expecting a loss. We all knew that this was going to be a rough patch. We'll see how well the team is playing in December. But it's clear that at this moment Texans are not a serious playoff team. They can turn it around but it's going to take a massive change in attitude an that's something I don't see Kubiak being able to mastermind. He's way too conservative and he's going to stick with this system and Schaub till the day he gets fired.

Well. At least basketball season just around the corner.

gafftop
09-29-2013, 04:50 PM
Make him inactive. Or say he has a concussion. Go in with TJ and Keenum.
If we lose we lose but at least we learn something and make some progress.
Right now nothing is learned and we still lose.
MS WILL NOT GET US DEEP IN PLAYOFFS

The Colts are smart and lucky. They got rid of Peyton and then tanked and got Luck. We will eat the Colts dust until a change is made.

Nawzer
09-29-2013, 04:53 PM
Well. At least basketball season just around the corner.

Amen to that!

chenjy9
09-29-2013, 04:53 PM
Our o-line should just let him keep getting hit until he's knocked out of the league... Schaub is freaking ridiculously bad.

cdollaz
09-29-2013, 05:03 PM
As bad as the pick-6 was, QBs are going to make mistakes and I could overlook them if I thought the QB had it within him to recover, put it behind them and still make winning plays. In this case, once that happened, I knew Schaub was DONE and did not have what it takes to shake it off and lead the team to victory.

gafftop
09-29-2013, 05:04 PM
Feel sorry for MS in a way. He is what he is. GK keeps sending him out there expecting different results.

Seegara
09-29-2013, 05:07 PM
Start Keenum. You're right, he isn't ready yet, but let him work out the kinks and he'll be a capable starter. Might as well, Schaub isn't good enough and doesn't have any potential for improvement.

CloakNNNdagger
Feel sorry for MS in a way. He is what he is. GK keeps sending him out there expecting different results.

Hate admit it, but I've had those same feelings ever since his deterioration in the last 3rd of 2012.

midway
I hope you're wrong. But history doesn't lend that much hope. The only glimmer I can conger up is that Bob McNair becomes antsy with the possibility of losing the fan base, and intervenes.

oooh i don't want that, there is nothing I want LESS than an owner interfering in decisions about who plays, even if those decisions are wrong.

ziggy29
09-29-2013, 05:09 PM
oooh i don't want that, there is nothing I want LESS than an owner interfering in decisions about who plays, even if those decisions are wrong.

Yep. It's worked so well for Jerry Jones...

CloakNNNdagger
09-29-2013, 05:10 PM

It had to be very unpalatable for me to even suggest this........but this is as unpalatable as it gets.

robroy72
09-29-2013, 05:10 PM

What could possibly go wrong? #JustWinBaby

Rey
09-29-2013, 05:12 PM
I just want to say this for anyone who cares to listen. But I would urge folks not to make this a personal thing. I think Schaub is bad as well, but I don't like seeing the personal shots taken at guys.

Jmo.

CloakNNNdagger
09-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Yep. It's worked so well for Jerry Jones...

Do you really believe that in the background, owners do not commonly have "discussions" with their head coaches that "help" lead to various coach decisions? I believe that would be naive.

Rey
09-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Regarding the QB situation, we need to see if either Yates or keenums can be a starter. We need to know whether or not we need to take a QB in the first round next year.

chicagotexan2
09-29-2013, 05:32 PM
This guy almost threw 4 ints today. Unfortunately I doubt Yates and keenum are better. But the oline pass protection is bad and couple pressure with a QB that crumbles under it and this is what we're stuck with. I've never seen a QB that retreats so much and goes down with any physical contact. Schaub is weak in every sense of the word. He is physically weak in the legs and arm and he lacks fortitude. I don't know if the pass protection or QB should be the highest priority. Both are holding this team back.

EVOLVIST
09-29-2013, 05:41 PM
Guys, none of us know what the hell we're talking about (But I'm going to pretend like I do, anyway).

You don't bench your starting QB when you're 2-2. You give him the chance to right the ship. If you dip below .500, then you pull the trigger.

BUT...that doesn't happen this year, regardless. We're talking about Kubes here. The only way Schaub rides the pine is if Bob makes the call.

The good news is that Rick Smith has set this team up with tons of talent. Any coach would salivate over having a roster like ours (as long as it's not Wade Philips). You might draft a QB high in next year's draft; you might not - you might have a QB on roster; you might go out and trade for Nick Foles or Kirk Cousins.

There's no way I'm giving up on this team at 2-2, though. Hell, remember in 1993 when after the bye the Oilers were 1-4, then they ran off a string of 11 wins?

In short, I don't believe in Matt Schaub, but I think our future still looks damn bright.

SchaubApologist
09-29-2013, 05:43 PM
Regarding the QB situation, we need to see if either Yates or keenums can be a starter. We need to know whether or not we need to take a QB in the first round next year.

Yes, no matter what.

HTown2ATX
09-29-2013, 05:43 PM
The following is not aimed at anyone here on TT at the moment. I just created these for a war within the Austin Texans fan group FB page and I think they're funny so just posting here too for amusement.....

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc443/htownballa80/sunshinebearmeme_zpsd4d74abc.jpg (http://s1212.photobucket.com/user/htownballa80/media/sunshinebearmeme_zpsd4d74abc.jpg.html)

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc443/htownballa80/wonkaonschaubmeme_zps53b8f1f2.jpg (http://s1212.photobucket.com/user/htownballa80/media/wonkaonschaubmeme_zps53b8f1f2.jpg.html)

gafftop
09-29-2013, 05:44 PM

Still insane after all these years.

gafftop
09-29-2013, 05:45 PM
Or is it "still crazy after all these years"

eriadoc
Guys, none of us know what the hell we're talking about (But I'm going to pretend like I do, anyway).

You don't bench your starting QB when you're 2-2. You give him the chance to right the ship. If you dip below .500, then you pull the trigger.

You don't bench him for good. But you sure as hell put his ass on the bench for a series or two and make him sit over on the sidelines studying pictures of the defensive coverage he threw into. A message that his play is unacceptable needs to be sent. When a RB fumbles, he sits his ass for a while. When a WR fumbles, same thing. When a kick returner muffs one, off to the bench. When the QB turns the ball over at the worst time possible, and a pick six at that. you sit his ass for a spell.

DocBar
This guy almost threw 4 ints today. Unfortunately I doubt Yates and keenum are better. But the oline pass protection is bad and couple pressure with a QB that crumbles under it and this is what we're stuck with. I've never seen a QB that retreats so much and goes down with any physical contact. Schaub is weak in every sense of the word. He is physically weak in the legs and arm and he lacks fortitude. I don't know if the pass protection or QB should be the highest priority. Both are holding this team back.I have no doubt at all that either Yates or Keenum would do better. They are both accurate, mobile and know the offense very well. Kubiak won't make a change because Kubiak seems to hate change. I'll take a QB controversy over losses like the last 2 weeks at this point.

I wouldn't mind at all seeing the Yates Era begin next week in SF. He's got a much better chance of making plays against that D than Schaub and will be more likely to target a WR not named Andre Johnson for 3 quarters of the game.

thunderkyss

Even still, juke the 340lb lineman in the backfield, buy some time for Andre, DeAndre, Foster, Owen, or Graham to get open & make a play.

At the very least, run the ball past the LoS, shorten the down & distance for the next play. Every QB in the league has been able to at least turn 2nd & 16 into 2nd & 12 but Matt Schaub. Unmobile Peyton Manning, Sam Bradford, Joe Flacco, Tom Brady..... I've seen linemen with knee braces run better than Matt Schaub. That's ridiculous.

thunderkyss
09-29-2013, 05:47 PM
Look, I have been a Schaub supporter for the longest time. Right now, he gives us the best chance to win. So I'm not saying we should bench him.

He's scoring points for the other team.

You honestly expect us to believe there isn't a QB on our bench that can average less than 6 ppg for the other team?

If that's the case, we need to replace everyone. From the GM to the towel boy.

pirbroke
09-29-2013, 05:48 PM
I got a idea, someone make a voting thread with our three QB's, I would love to see the percentage after today on who we want as starting QB.

gafftop
09-29-2013, 05:56 PM
He's scoring points for the other team.

You honestly expect us to believe there isn't a QB on our bench that can average less than 6 ppg for the other team?

If that's the case, we need to replace everyone. From the GM to the towel boy.

TK,

You know I don't think much of GK and Rick Smith.

Rick Smith has done some good things but missed on the big ones.
Getting something for Mario, resigning Schaub and keeping GK as head coach.

I think in the long run cleaning house will be done before we get any deeper in playoffs only I think we are a few years from this happening unfortunately.

RTP2110
09-29-2013, 05:57 PM
Do you really believe that in the background, owners do not commonly have "discussions" with their head coaches that "help" lead to various coach decisions? I believe that would be naive.

And didn't both McNair and Smith call out Schaub this past offseason? I'd love to be a fly on the wall for those "discussions" this week.

xsatyr
09-29-2013, 06:07 PM
http://imageshack.com/a/img19/4702/qk43.png

chicagotexan2
09-29-2013, 06:11 PM
http://imageshack.com/a/img19/4702/qk43.png

I concur

thunderkyss
09-29-2013, 06:53 PM
The following is not aimed at anyone here on TT at the moment. I just created these for a war within the Austin Texans fan group FB page and I think they're funny so just posting here too for amusement.....

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc443/htownballa80/sunshinebearmeme_zpsd4d74abc.jpg (http://s1212.photobucket.com/user/htownballa80/media/sunshinebearmeme_zpsd4d74abc.jpg.html)

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc443/htownballa80/wonkaonschaubmeme_zps53b8f1f2.jpg (http://s1212.photobucket.com/user/htownballa80/media/wonkaonschaubmeme_zps53b8f1f2.jpg.html)

6 INTs in 4 games..... That's insane that the guy finished the game as the starter. There wouldn't have been a better time to bench him.

Talking to Matt, stroking him, whatever, is not working.

Seegara
09-29-2013, 07:02 PM
610 caller made a great point - Ben Tate fumbles and Kubes benches him the rest of the game. Tate didn't get another carry.

We didn't expect to see him back after the fumble, but I thought Wood might share carries with Foster.

Norg
09-29-2013, 07:18 PM
WK15 VS mINN
WK 16 @ INDY

wc VS ciNCY

div @ NE

did matt have any pick sixes for these games I know he had one for minny but I forgot the rest ...?????

if so this would be like going back to last year 8 straight games of pick sixes

Heath Shuler
09-29-2013, 07:22 PM
WK15 VS mINN
WK 16 @ INDY

wc VS ciNCY

div @ NE

did matt have any pick sixes for these games I know he had one for minny but I forgot the rest ...?????

if so this would be like going back to last year 8 straight games of pick sixes

no pick six vs Chargers

DocBar
09-29-2013, 07:43 PM
We didn't expect to see him back after the fumble, but I thought Wood might share carries with Foster.Kubiak appears intent on running Foster into the ground just like he did with Terrell Davis. It's no coincidence that Foster's performances have been falling off every year. Wood should've gotten some carries.

If Tate gets benched for a fluke fumble (he had the ball secured properly from the guys he could see to his left) and Schaub doesn't when he's flailing the ball around like a wounded duck, that just doesn't seem right.

SchaubApologist
09-29-2013, 07:45 PM
no pick six vs Chargers

in all fairness, he gift wrapped a pick-6 for SD, but they did not make the play.

the wonger need food
09-29-2013, 07:48 PM
Kubiak will never publicly ostracize Schaub no matter how bad he is. He is an ultra-conservative coach that is set in ways and will not change with the times even if it costs his job. Unfortunately, we are stuck with incompetence until the guy is cut or we get a new coach.

Brisco_County
09-29-2013, 08:17 PM
As upset as everyone is, keep in mind that these ugly losses need to happen in order to justify a change at QB. The worst thing for a team is to win just enough games that no changes occur, yet they never break their ceiling. That's where the Texans have been for three years. And this particular change requires definitive justification, because Kubiak won't do it otherwise.

thunderkyss
09-29-2013, 08:33 PM
What would you guys think if we finished 14-2, winning out, which means we beat Indy in Indy, New England & Denver in December, we secure a first week bye in the play offs, win in the divisional round but lose the AFC Championship game to Denver on a late second field goal?

Would you be all... "I knew we'd never win the Super Bowl with Matt Schaub!!"

or, "Shucks.... maybe next year."

rmartin65
09-29-2013, 08:37 PM
What would you guys think if we finished 14-2, winning out, which means we beat Indy in Indy, New England & Denver in December, we secure a first week bye in the play offs, win in the divisional round but lose the AFC Championship game to Denver on a late second field goal?

Depends how Schaub plays.

Won't happen though, so the question is moot.

bOODRO87
09-29-2013, 08:37 PM
http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/Razor84_2008/Texans/SchaubGift_zps8e3d6235.jpg

DocBar
09-29-2013, 08:46 PM

or, "Shucks.... maybe next year."I'd be all like "I'll kiss your azz at half time right on the 50yd. line of that AFC Championship Game" and to hell with the outcome of the game. :firework:

Pantherstang84
09-29-2013, 08:51 PM

Since we are playing silly hypothetical games I'll bite.

B. "I knew we'd never win a Super Bowl with Matt Schaub!!"

I'm tired of seeing other teams get an instant upgrade by making changes at QB and the Texans still being stuck in neutral. Might as well be playing in Jerryland.

SchaubApologist
09-29-2013, 09:02 PM
http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/Razor84_2008/Texans/SchaubGift_zps8e3d6235.jpg

haha, it's Santa Schaub!

TexanBacker93
09-29-2013, 09:08 PM

It could be the best thing for the team. They can both go down together. If he sticks with Schaub and we fail miserably then McNair might actually make a move.

TexanBacker93
09-29-2013, 09:10 PM
Just out of curiosity. Does anyone know what the record is for consecutive games with a thrown pick six? I still think you can almost count the first pass of the season as a pick six.

markn
09-29-2013, 09:20 PM
What would you guys think if we finished 14-2, winning out, which means we beat Indy in Indy, New England & Denver in December...

We'd be all like: dude these drugs are amazing, where can we get more?

thunderkyss
09-29-2013, 09:32 PM
I'm tired of seeing other teams get an instant upgrade by making changes at QB and the Texans still being stuck in neutral. Might as well be playing in Jerryland.

Not arguing with your reasoning. Your answer is your answer. But this upgrade at QB thing.

People have been wanting to "upgrade" the QB position for years, not just this year. 12 wins, 26 points per game... It's not as easy to upgrade our position as it is to upgrade some other QB positions.

Sure, Schaub will never win a Super Bowl. Same thing was said about Peyton, Eli, & Flacco. Schaub ain't those guys, far from them, but not as far as Tj Yates & Case Keenum.

I'm not making excuses for Matt. These last three games, I only hope he gets what he deserved & he's shown himself to be very replaceable.

thunderkyss
09-29-2013, 09:40 PM
The question about 14-2 is very serious. I want to know how serious some guys are about not winning a Super Bowl with Matt Schaub.

Just getting to the AFC Championship game is an extraordinary accomplishment.

We might not win a Super Bowl with Matt Schaub, but I'd take an AFC Championship game appearance. I'd take another play-off run, which may very well be in jeopardy.

thunderkyss
09-29-2013, 09:41 PM
OMG.... Brady just threw short of the sticks on 3rd & 5

Pantherstang84
09-29-2013, 09:44 PM

Keep track of how many times he does that tonight.

gafftop
09-29-2013, 09:50 PM
Why are a lot of you so sure TJ/Yates can't do it? The only real data we have points strongly to Matt/Smithiak not being able to go any further. I don't think we will be getting rid of Smithiak during the season so the logical action is to see what TJKeenum/Kubiak gives us. The only way I think this would happen would be if McNair made Kubiak make a change but I don't think McNair would do that. Guess we will see what happens in SanFran.

htowntexans1985
09-29-2013, 09:56 PM
Just out of curiosity. Does anyone know what the record is for consecutive games with a thrown pick six? I still think you can almost count the first pass of the season as a pick six.

3 other quarterbacks have had 3 consecutive games with a pick six. The other 3 QBs to throw pick sixes in 3 straight games were Peyton Manning 2001, Ty Detmer 1996 and John Elway 1994. No one has had 4 straight. Schaub will go down in the record books next Sunday night.

SchaubApologist
09-29-2013, 09:56 PM

:thinking:

Hm. Desperation is a stinky cologne.

DocBar
09-29-2013, 11:02 PM
Just heard that fans were burning Schaubs jersey in the parking lot of Reliant Stadium!!! Can anyone verify this? Of course, Florio reported it, so I have my doubts.

SchaubApologist
09-29-2013, 11:06 PM
Just heard that fans were burning Schaubs jersey in the parking lot of Reliant Stadium!!! Can anyone verify this? Of course, Florio reported it, so I have my doubts.

it's true. lance zierlein's twitter has pics of it.

hard to blame them

Rey
09-29-2013, 11:06 PM
The question about 14-2 is very serious. I want to know how serious some guys are about not winning a Super Bowl with Matt Schaub.

We might not win a Super Bowl with Matt Schaub, but I'd take an AFC Championship game appearance. I'd take another play-off run, which may very well be in jeopardy.

We aren't going 14-2. We are going to be in a dog fight just to make the play offs. If I had to bet, I'd say we miss them with a 6-10 to 9-7 record.

To me your question is like asking what would I do if dogs grew hands and started driving trucks.

There's no way I see either scenario happening. We are about to be 2-3 next week anyways.

HOU-TEX
09-30-2013, 09:45 AM
Schaub's new jersey

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/8632/h809.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/109/h809.jpg/)

TexanBacker93
09-30-2013, 09:55 AM

I don't think it's Matt Schaub that would keep us from winning a Super Bowl. I think it's Kubiak. I'm not a big Schaub fan, but upgrading at QB is much easier said than done. If Schaub called his own plays I think our offense would be better. I trust him to know what the defense will allow more than Kubiak. If nothing else Schaub at least has shown he has the ability to be a starting QB and a successful one in the NFL. Kubiak never showed that he could do anything more than ride the coattails of more talented QBs and coaches.

htowntexans1985
09-30-2013, 10:08 AM
Best news I've heard all day. Their is a way out of Schuab's contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/30/texans-can-escape-schaubs-contract-after-the-season/

edwardc5637
09-30-2013, 10:20 AM

Maybe it can be treated that way.

YeaLikeRightNow
09-30-2013, 10:39 AM
Not one quarterback is going to be the answer as long as the coach is calling the plays in this defunct "system". The only difference a new quarterback will make is a fresh set of legs.

ObsiWan
09-30-2013, 10:42 AM
Sooner or later EVERYONE runs out of patience...

http://images.ucomics.com/comics/bl/2013/bl130927.gif (http://www.mycomicspage.com/inthebleachers/2013/09/27/)

CloakNNNdagger
10-01-2013, 08:55 PM
You think that some MB members are "radical" anti-Schaub.........Here's a fan that forked over $200 dollars for a Schaub jersey........essentially throwing good money after bad.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L4wq15CSsw&feature=player_embedded

drs23
10-01-2013, 11:49 PM
I don't watch ESPN but I can't think the message would be much different than that on the NFLN. Willie McGinest , Heath Eavens & Jamaal Charles were curb stomping on Schaub as bad if not worse than anyone I've ever heard them ripping on before. Those cats were ruthless. I'm by no means defending Matt or his play but is it that big of a deal that he killed his Twatter account? It was mentioned that he hasn't used it since January so what's the big deal?

Well seems as though his foe of next week went on his account and told the folks to "bring it on" after he had his little run of anti-awesomeness a couple of weeks in a row. I think it was Amber Theoharris that said they would ask Kaepernick about it after the game Sunday night after "he went head to head with his followers." After they slobbered on him for quite a while I went to take a leak and went to bed.

Heath Evans did say "for the Houston fans 'Who else do ya want?'" Gotta give him that.

Anyone else catch Total Access?

What was you take? Same ol' same ol'?

Hookem Horns
10-02-2013, 01:44 AM
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere yet ...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BViNdMoCMAEzGHq.jpg

I heard they had to remove this from the menu because it was a choking hazard. ;)

Jake
10-02-2013, 02:16 AM
Remember when you said "being a leader takes preparation, it takes perseverance, it takes execution, it's about being your best"?

It's Time to be that leader!!!

As a Sounders Fan, a Seahawks fan and sports fan in general I do think that the quarter back of Houston is not entirely to blame for that loss.
Your quarter back made one bad decesion in that game. He threw it to a reciver that was pushed out of the way like a rag doll.

Who is to blame for that loss? How about the defense of Houston who gave us the oppourtunity to get into field goal range in overtime. Yea that guy blew it for you. The one that body slammed the Seahawk. Nice job.

Foster shouldn't show his emotions like he did after that bad pass. He almost influenced the outcome in my opinion.

Now for some bashing. You got beat by an X base ball player. :->

Houston could go all the way if they stick together as a team.

thunderkyss
10-02-2013, 02:31 AM
I don't watch ESPN but I can't think the message would be much different than that on the NFLN. Willie McGinest , Heath Eavens & Jamaal Lewis were curb stomping on Schaub as bad if not worse than anyone I've ever heard them ripping on before. Those cats were ruthless. I'm by no means defending Matt or his play but is it that big of a deal that he killed his Twatter account? It was mentioned that he hasn't used it since January so what's the big deal?

The chick (don't know her name, but she is fiiiiinnnne) is cutting him harder than the dudes. The Twitter thing, "You see what Matt Schaub did, a 10 year vet & then you see what 3rd year player Colin Kaepernick did."

It's more about Matt's leadership, or lack there of. Bad plays happen, none of them denied that.

thunderkyss
10-02-2013, 02:37 AM
Houston could go all the way if they stick together as a team.

Agreed. Matt didn't make it easy, but we got the ball back with 2:40 seconds left in regulation. We got the ball first in OT. We even had a second possession where a FG would have won it.

Wolf6151
10-02-2013, 03:38 AM
Best news I've heard all day. Their is a way out of Schuab's contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/30/texans-can-escape-schaubs-contract-after-the-season/

This article leads me to believe that Matt Schaub will be back next season. According to the article if Schaub were cut at the end of this season then the Texans would owe him $3.5mil in 2014 and $10mil in 2015. I seriously doubt McNair wants to pay that kind of dead money. I think he should be gone but I think the contract prevents it unless McNair wants to pay out alot of dead money.

infantrycak
10-02-2013, 03:53 AM
This article leads me to believe that Matt Schaub will be back next season. According to the article if Schaub were cut at the end of this season then the Texans would owe him $3.5mil in 2014 and $10mil in 2015. I seriously doubt McNair wants to pay that kind of dead money. I think he should be gone but I think the contract prevents it unless McNair wants to pay out alot of dead money.

Dead money is not new money. It is accounting for money already paid which has not gone on the caps to date. So it is not an issue of additional money coming out of McNair's wallet.

Nitrofish
10-02-2013, 06:40 AM
It's telling that Hawks fans are saying Schaub is good, and they cannot believe how badly Texans fans are overreacting. I am with them and think this is all much ado about nothing. Schaub shredded that so called no. 1 D, and Jackson is the one who put the Hawks in position to win that game with his stupid body slam after the whistle.

IMO some Texans fans are an embarrassment to this franchise. I've said it before, and in times like these I do not feel Houston is deserving of an NFL franchise. Too many fair weather, cry baby fans.

Thorn
10-02-2013, 07:23 AM
It's telling that Hawks fans are saying Schaub is good, and they cannot believe how badly Texans fans are overreacting. I am with them and think this is all much ado about nothing. Schaub shredded that so called no. 1 D, and Jackson is the one who put the Hawks in position to win that game with his stupid body slam after the whistle.

IMO some Texans fans are an embarrassment to this franchise. I've said it before, and in times like these I do not feel Houston is deserving of an NFL franchise. Too many fair weather, cry baby fans.

There are many reasons the Texans lost to Seattle. It wasn't just Schaub, or a few defensive errors, or just Kubiak's insane play calling, but when you add those up along with the other obvious bone headed things that happened, you have a loss.

Depending on how you choose to view it, you can pick your own heros and goats out of this issue. From the point of view of us fans, it's simply a matter of perspective. For now, I've got Schaub and Kubiak in my goat pen, you can have whoever you like in yours. :)

Nitrofish
10-02-2013, 08:27 AM
There are many reasons the Texans lost to Seattle. It wasn't just Schaub, or a few defensive errors, or just Kubiak's insane play calling, but when you add those up along with the other obvious bone headed things that happened, you have a loss.

Depending on how you choose to view it, you can pick your own heros and goats out of this issue. From the point of view of us fans, it's simply a matter of perspective. For now, I've got Schaub and Kubiak in my goat pen, you can have whoever you like in yours. :)

Agree with everything you said, except, I do not put players or coaches in pens or assign labels to them week by week. I have the Houston Texans in my pen, and win lose or draw, I am a fan. I believe as a team, you win together, and you lose together. Picking hero's and zeros every week seems silly to me, but I guess if assigning labels to players and coaches helps you feel better about your team and helps you sleep at night. I say who am I to judge? :)

Exascor
10-02-2013, 08:55 AM
My hope is that Schaub really is in a slump and will prove us all wrong as he helps the team win the Super Bowl. My fear is that he will do just well enough to get to the playoffs, 1 or 2 games later we are looking forward to the draft. If Kubiak and Smith look back at the season and think that Schaub just had an off year, they may ride him for another season or 2. We need to get the QB that the Texans will be starting in 2015 on the roster in the offseason. That means drafting one high, not taking a flyer on a 3rd round or lower guy or taking a cast off from another team.

thunderkyss
10-02-2013, 09:48 AM
Agree with everything you said, except, I do not put players or coaches in pens or assign labels to them week by week. I have the Houston Texans in my pen, and win lose or draw, I am a fan. I believe as a team, you win together, and you lose together. Picking hero's and zeros every week seems silly to me...

Agree. However, we've been asking the question, "Can we win the Super Bowl with Matt Schaub?" at least since 2011. Truth be told, we started last season exactly the same way we started this year. Well, we were 4-0, but we were still inconsistent, we still "played down" to our opponents... the offense was booed by the home crowd week 1.

They couldn't move the ball in the first qtr. Jjo intercepted the ball, put them in the Red Zone & they still couldn't get a TD. we get 3 other turnovers, score 21 points off of them all in the second qtr. 2nd half... 2 field goals.

Sunday, we saw a glimpse of what this team can be & Matt Schaub was playing well enough to make me believe half the crap I've been spewing here. Then he threw the second interception, the one returned for a touchdown (I'm getting so tired of hearing pick six). Still, I wasn't mad at him.

Still I thought we could win a Super Bowl with Schaub. But we didn't score in the final 2:46 seconds of regulation. We won the toss, 99% (<---hyperbole) of the time, the team that wins the toss wins the game. The offense needed to score at least a FG then leave it up to the defense to win the game..... we didn't do that. Our defense stopped the Seahawks from winning the game with a FG. Schaub & the offense gets the ball. A FG would win.....

Nope, didn't do it. I understand the offense is more than just Matt Schaub, but I just watched Russell Wilson get his team back in the game (with some help from Schaub). But he's the leader of the offense & he had 3 opportunities after the interception to win that game. Three opportunities after the interception to prove he is a winner.

After Marshawn Lynches fumble, he had an opportunity there to prove he is a winner. Didn't happen, Andre Johnson running towards him in the back of the end zone & all. There have been several other opportunities through the years. Remember the Raiders at home in 2011?

Sure, there have been many games when Matt did what he had to do & the defense gave up the lead. But the ones that count are the ones where the game expires & the ball is in his hands. OR for whatever reason the coach takes it out of his hands & asks a punched-drunk RB to throw a HB pass.

How much better does our running game have to be? How much better does our defense have to be? Sunday the run game dominated. The defense dominated & we couldn't win a game we were leading 20-6 in the 4th qtr.

Yeah, the Seahawks are good, but they're not that good. Their defense didn't have a good day. Their running game didn't have a good day. Their QB didn't have a good day throwing the ball. But they found a way to win.

However, I'm not one of those guys that thought Matt Schaub could never win a Super Bowl. No doubt in my mind, that the 2009 Matt Schaub, even the 2010 Matt Schaub could win a Super Bowl. I think the 2011 Texans could have won a Super Bowl with Matt Schaub.

I also believe we've seen glimpses of that Matt Schaub Sunday. We saw him Monday night against the Chargers. If I were Kubiak everything I do from here on out is going to be trying to get that guy to show up. Arian is going to be Arian, Andre is going to be Andre, Derek Newton is who he is. But we're not going to win a Super Bowl, much less a divisional play-off game without that Matt Schaub.

We'll see.

But I understand the frustration with Matt Schaub.

deucetx
10-02-2013, 10:38 AM

While I agree some of it is a bit overreacting, what Hawks fans think is irrelevant as they don't see everything that goes on with the team in comparison to a Texans fan. Most fans outside of the Texans don't understand Schaub has now thrown an interception in 7 straight games dating back to the last game with the Colts. They don't understand that during the last quarter of 2012 we went 6 quarters without an offensive touchdown. Add that to the Baltimore no TD game this year and the Hawks second half and you got a frustrated fan base. When you see your team amount the yards it does to put it in the top five offensively but continue to have the same issues it had previously you start to wonder 'Why hasn't anything been fixed?' Not to forget the strange slow starts or showing up in one half versus another.

As for the fanbase...saying they are fair weather and cry baby is a stretch. Where is this mythical fanbase that doesn't get fanatical about their team? There isn't any. All have them. We just don't see them because they aren't our team. I'm also a Bears fan and believe me...we have tons of them. I know Cowboys fans that are the same. Eagles fans as well. Do all of them not deserve a team?

Point being...kind of tired of that talk. One minute the Houston fanbase is accused of accepting being medicore and now they are fairweather because they are passionate and want success for their team. Can't win for losing. Damned if we do and damned if we don't. But last I checked Texans fans travel where the team is playing on the road. They were there greeting the team after losing in the playoffs to cheer them or show up in Reliant to watch a draft or bare the heat to watch training camp, etc.

Just because there are some that go to extremes it does not measure an entire fanbase.

Exascor
10-02-2013, 12:05 PM
Sorry if already posted:
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/wp-content/blogs.dir/2348/files/2013/10/SCHAUB.SPECIAL-450x600.jpg

2012Champs
10-02-2013, 12:38 PM
The washington post has a number of stats for completion % for 3rd and, ypa, yac ranks and so forth. Interesting read only 7 better on getting a first down on 3rd and 3-7, 7 better on third and less than 3 and 17 better in 3rd and 8 or more

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?year=&type=Passing&range=NFL&rank=048

Exascor
10-02-2013, 12:40 PM
The washington post has a number of stats for completion % for 3rd and, ypa, yac ranks and so forth. Interesting read only 7 better on getting a first down on 3rd and 3-7, 7 better on third and less than 3 and 17 better in 3rd and 8 or more

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?year=&type=Passing&range=NFL&rank=048I count 15 better. Did I miss something?

2012Champs
10-02-2013, 12:42 PM
I count 15 better. Did I miss something?

You are correct I must not have changed the screen back

Nitrofish
10-02-2013, 12:42 PM
While I agree some of it is a bit overreacting, what Hawks fans think is irrelevant as they don't see everything that goes on with the team in comparison to a Texans fan. Most fans outside of the Texans don't understand Schaub has now thrown an interception in 7 straight games dating back to the last game with the Colts. They don't understand that during the last quarter of 2012 we went 6 quarters without an offensive touchdown. Add that to the Baltimore no TD game this year and the Hawks second half and you got a frustrated fan base. When you see your team amount the yards it does to put it in the top five offensively but continue to have the same issues it had previously you start to wonder 'Why hasn't anything been fixed?' Not to forget the strange slow starts or showing up in one half versus another.

As for the fanbase...saying they are fair weather and cry baby is a stretch. Where is this mythical fanbase that doesn't get fanatical about their team? There isn't any. All have them. We just don't see them because they aren't our team. I'm also a Bears fan and believe me...we have tons of them. I know Cowboys fans that are the same. Eagles fans as well. Do all of them not deserve a team?

Point being...kind of tired of that talk. One minute the Houston fanbase is accused of accepting being medicore and now they are fairweather because they are passionate and want success for their team. Can't win for losing. Damned if we do and damned if we don't. But last I checked Texans fans travel where the team is playing on the road. They were there greeting the team after losing in the playoffs to cheer them or show up in Reliant to watch a draft or bare the heat to watch training camp, etc.

Just because there are some that go to extremes it does not measure an entire fanbase.

Ok so what you are saying is that all of the INT's were Schaub's fault and the rest of the team and coach have nothing to do with them? Isn't that being a bit excessive blaming one guy even though this is a team game? Surely you do not believe that other factors were not involved in those INT's? So when the fans lay all of that at the feet of their QB and give passes to other mistakes by coaches and other players, it seems fair weather to me no matter how you slice it.

All this talk about putting Yates or Keenum in 4 weeks into the season because Schaub has made some mistakes is hilarious and desperate. The Schaub haters have been clamoring for years to get rid of Schaub, and now they smell blood in the water and have ramped up their emotional rhetoric in an attempt to say "see. I told you so." That is not supporting your team.

I am not saying there are not fair weather fans from other franchises, of course there are, but that does not mean the entire fan base feels the way they do. You assume because of all of the negativity on this board, or the fair weather posts people make on the official FB posts that all Texans fans hate Schaub and blame everything on him.

I mean how many active members does this board have? Is it a tiny fraction of ALL Texans fans? I would remind you what it was like to be without a team and how that felt, and then finally get a team and suffer through what a really bad team is, so yeah... I think there are way too many whiners on this board who complain about the dumbest things, and this mob mentality where you all gather your torches and pitch forks so you can burn Schaub's jersey, or ignore all of the good he has done for the franchise because you only see, or want to point on his mistakes make me sick as a fan.

Schaub looked like an elite QB in the first half of the Seahawks game, carving up the leagues no.1 D like it was child's play. But all some of you can do is talk about 1 play. 1 play that should never have been called, and pretend that it was that play that lost the game. That only ties the score, it did not lost the game. What lost the game was when Cushing went out, and suddenly Wilson is running all over the Texans D, and even then, the play that ultimately lost the game was the penalty on Jackson. That gave them a first down they did not earn, and put them in scoring position. Where is all of the hate and jersey burning towards Jackson?

No, instead fair weather fans pick the easy scape goat and ignore everything else. I mean how much worse can it get when our starting QB must be escorted by police to give an interview about a game? That is allot more shameful than Schaub's pick 6 in my book.

Edit: And one more thing... What about Tate's fumble? Where are all of you Tate is better than Foster guys now and how does that not play into this loss, yet I hear nary a word about that play. The Texans gave that game away, not Schaub alone.

Malloy
10-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Too lazy to go through all the pages, but did anyone see this?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23965070/houston-restaurant-offers-pick-six-matt-schaub-burger

:)

CloakNNNdagger
10-02-2013, 03:12 PM
Too lazy to go through all the pages, but did anyone see this?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23965070/houston-restaurant-offers-pick-six-matt-schaub-burger

:)

5 posts up

dream_team
10-02-2013, 03:22 PM
Ok so what you are saying is that all of the INT's were Schaub's fault and the rest of the team and coach have nothing to do with them? Isn't that being a bit excessive blaming one guy even though this is a team game? Surely you do not believe that other factors were not involved in those INT's? So when the fans lay all of that at the feet of their QB and give passes to other mistakes by coaches and other players, it seems fair weather to me no matter how you slice it.

All this talk about putting Yates or Keenum in 4 weeks into the season because Schaub has made some mistakes is hilarious and desperate. The Schaub haters have been clamoring for years to get rid of Schaub, and now they smell blood in the water and have ramped up their emotional rhetoric in an attempt to say "see. I told you so." That is not supporting your team.

I am not saying there are not fair weather fans from other franchises, of course there are, but that does not mean the entire fan base feels the way they do. You assume because of all of the negativity on this board, or the fair weather posts people make on the official FB posts that all Texans fans hate Schaub and blame everything on him.

I mean how many active members does this board have? Is it a tiny fraction of ALL Texans fans? I would remind you what it was like to be without a team and how that felt, and then finally get a team and suffer through what a really bad team is, so yeah... I think there are way too many whiners on this board who complain about the dumbest things, and this mob mentality where you all gather your torches and pitch forks so you can burn Schaub's jersey, or ignore all of the good he has done for the franchise because you only see, or want to point on his mistakes make me sick as a fan.

Schaub looked like an elite QB in the first half of the Seahawks game, carving up the leagues no.1 D like it was child's play. But all some of you can do is talk about 1 play. 1 play that should never have been called, and pretend that it was that play that lost the game. That only ties the score, it did not lost the game. What lost the game was when Cushing went out, and suddenly Wilson is running all over the Texans D, and even then, the play that ultimately lost the game was the penalty on Jackson. That gave them a first down they did not earn, and put them in scoring position. Where is all of the hate and jersey burning towards Jackson?

No, instead fair weather fans pick the easy scape goat and ignore everything else. I mean how much worse can it get when our starting QB must be escorted by police to give an interview about a game? That is allot more shameful than Schaub's pick 6 in my book.

Edit: And one more thing... What about Tate's fumble? Where are all of you Tate is better than Foster guys now and how does that not play into this loss, yet I hear nary a word about that play. The Texans gave that game away, not Schaub alone.

Thanks for being a voice of reason in here Nitro!

Malloy
10-02-2013, 03:27 PM
5 posts up

Thanks! :)

2slik4u
10-02-2013, 03:56 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/pick-six-matt-schaub-burger-now-probably-not-140700809--nfl.html

This is a Houston area restaurant's take on Schaub. A little humor for your Wednesday...

Couldn't figure out how to post the picture...sorry.

LEATHERHEAD
10-02-2013, 04:46 PM
Cheeze & onions and mustard Please..Hold!! The Lob sauce.:toropalm:

LEATHERHEAD
10-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Hey how do you donate to the Web site????help

LEATHERHEAD
10-02-2013, 04:57 PM

Ya wheres the Tate Fumble thread????

chenjy9
10-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Ya wheres the Tate Fumble thread????

When Tate averages basically a turnover a game for god knows how many games now, then we can talk about Tate in the same light as Schaub.

2slik4u
10-02-2013, 05:29 PM
Hey how do you donate to the Web site????help

Click on the top where it says "donate". It's in the same bar as "forums", "user CP", "FAQ", etc.

gary
10-02-2013, 05:32 PM
Pathetic, enough is enough.

chenjy9
10-02-2013, 05:35 PM

Speak for yourself. I think it's hilarious and well deserved. Schaub deserves every bit of hate for his performances.

SchaubApologist
10-02-2013, 05:38 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20131001/matt-schaub-houston-texans/?sct=nfl_wr_a2

Imagine how strange and downright novel it must feel to be Tony Romo about now, waking up each day as merely the second-most embattled NFL quarterback in Texas. He owes Houston's Matt Schaub for that one.
Watching Schaub's struggles in recent weeks, Bill Walsh's devastatingly succinct critique of Steve DeBerg, his first 49ers starting quarterback, keeps coming to mind: "He plays just good enough to get you beat.''
It's a cruel summation to render about anyone, especially a quarterback who has contributed significantly to the franchise's first two playoff berths in its history the past two seasons, but that's kind of where things stand with Schaub in his shaky Texans tenure at this juncture.

In his seventh season as Houston's full-time starter, he is no longer viewed as part of the solution, he is part of the problem. The main problem, judging by the sound and fury (and arson-related antics) coming from irate Houston fans and some in the media. And Schaub keeps getting the Texans beat with rookie-like mistakes, as he did again Sunday with that brutal pick-six to Seattle cornerback Richard Sherman in the final minutes of regulation.
If you're scoring at home, that makes three consecutive games in which Schaub has gifted his opponent with an interception return for a touchdown, a ghastly streak that has been matched by only three other quarterbacks in the past 20 years, according to research by the Elias Sports Bureau. That the Colts' Peyton Manning (in 2001) and the Broncos' John Elway (in 1994) are on that dubious list proves it's a passing slump that's survivable. At least if your last name is Manning or Elway, which pretty much exempts Schaub.
Schaub's glaring, game-turning miscue occurred much earlier in Week 3's Texans' loss at Baltimore, but it was just as ugly. With Houston dominating the game statistically despite scoring just six points on a pair of first-half field goals, Schaub threw a ghastly interception to Ravens inside linebacker Daryl Smith, who returned it 37 yards for a touchdown with 2:39 left in the first half, giving Baltimore a lead it would never relinquish in the 30-9 victory.
Those two picks have changed the tenor of the season in Houston for the time being, after the Texans rallied to gutty wins at San Diego and home against Tennessee in Weeks 1-2, getting off to a 2-0 for the second year in a row. With a month of the schedule gone, Houston (2-2) trails both Indianapolis and Tennessee (3-1) in the AFC South, and is in the midst of an ultra-challenging stretch that includes Sunday night's big-stage game at San Francisco, a Week 7 trip to turnaround-team-of-the-year Kansas City and a post-bye showdown against the visiting Colts in Week 9.

The Texans simply can't afford the kind of self-inflicted wounds Schaub keeps producing at this stage of their development. They're not an ascending AFC playoff wannabe any more, they're an established, two-time division champion trying to seize their Super Bowl window of opportunity. Right now. Did you see the look on J.J. Watt's bloodied face after the excruciating and inexcusable loss to the Seahawks? This is no time to preach patience and talk about learning from one's mistakes. The training wheels have long since come off for Schaub and the Texans. Schaub is in his 10th NFL season and is supposed to be past the point of consistently making these kind of blunders. Houston's defense has given up just four touchdowns in the past three games, but Schaub has nearly matched that, serving up three all by himself. All told, Schaub has tossed at least one pick in Houston's past seven games, including the playoffs. The Texans are a decidedly mediocre 3-4 over that span, and after 2012's sparkling 11-1 start, Houston is just 4-6 in its past 10 games, including the postseason. Schaub threw for 355 yards and a pair of touchdowns against Seattle's tough defense, completing 31-of-49 passes to eight receivers. But he also threw two interceptions, and Houston's three turnovers led to 13 Seahawks points in a game the Texans outgained Seattle 476-270. Schaub's record fell to 1-5 in his last six games against 2012 playoff teams, and the buzzards started circling.The Texans fans who chose the rather sophomoric stunt of burning Schaub's jersey in the parking lot after the Seattle loss aren't what the veteran quarterback has to concern himself with. The trouble will come if his turnover struggles continue and his teammates or the coaching staff/front office start to view backup T.J. Yates or home-state fan favorite Case Keenum as a more viable QB option. We're not there now, but it's never a long way off in the NFL. Even for a guy like Schaub, who threw for 4,005 yards last season, with 22 touchdowns, a 64.3 completion percentage and a solid 90.7 passing rating.

Head coach Gary Kubiak and the Texans locker room sound solidly in Schaub's corner for now. But the Houston Chronicle report that Texans running back Arian Foster called a players-only meeting on Monday is a sure sign that all is not copacetic in Texans-land. As a result, Schaub will enter the primetime game against San Francisco with more pressure bearing down on his shoulder pads than he has ever experienced in his stint as a Texan. That's the reality of the situation, whether there's a decent reservoir of support for Schaub or not at the moment. He's one more damaging pick-six away from crisis territory.

Reading all the available tea leaves, I think it's all but over for Schaub in Houston and there won't be any way to put this genie completely back in the bottle. As many coaches and players believe, you're either getting better or you're getting worse in the NFL, and at best, Schaub's play has leveled off, putting him squarely among the ranks of quarterbacks who are good but far from elite. He has clearly helped Houston get to this point, but winning one playoff game and going out in the AFC divisional round two years running wasn't the goal the Texans were chasing. There were bigger dreams than that, but I'm convinced Schaub isn't the quarterback who's going to lead Houston those last few difficult rungs up the ladder. He was the right guy for a certain stage of the Texans' climb to relevance, but he hasn't raised his game as the stakes have increased.

Never a particularly demonstrative leader even when he was at his most successful, Schaub's body language and postgame demeanor seemed particularly defeated and downtrodden on Sunday. Understandable, of course, after that demoralizing turn of events. But that's when a quarterback needs to be his most defiant and resilient, and send the message to his coaches and teammates that his turnaround has already begun. At least mentally. Fiery isn't always good, but sometimes a dose of emotion is needed.
Schaub seemed at a total loss to explain or understand the game-changing mistakes that keep happening, and that makes it difficult to believe he knows how to fix the problem. Are there many who truly envision his best football being still to come in Houston? Chances seem better that it's in the past, but the Texans are a team that still must make the best of it with Schaub as their franchise quarterback in 2013. At least until they think they have no choice but to play Yates or Keenum.

According to a ProFootballTalk.com report on Monday, the Texans can escape from the four-year $69.7 million contract extension they awarded Schaub last September without great pain if they choose that path. The salary cap charges will be $3.5 million in 2014 if he's cut after June 1, and $7 million in 2015. But they also haven't guaranteed any of the $40 million he's still owed from the deal after 2013, and that's an important element of their out clause.
Schaub's play in the coming weeks will dictate which way his future unfolds in Houston. But the signs are beginning to look ominous. If the "just good enough to get you beat'' trend continues, his career as the Texans' No. 1 quarterback almost certainly won't.

ubecool454
10-02-2013, 05:39 PM
This is not a real burger. Call the restaurant if you don't believe me. 610 also reported that they called the restaurant only to find out it was not a real sandwich.

ubecool454
10-02-2013, 05:42 PM
Speak for yourself. I think it's hilarious and well deserved. Schaub deserves every bit of hate for his performances.

ok you think? You have never screwed up on your job? You idiots need to realize that this is a game first. The last thing I want is the guy to get gunshy. Most of the bashers have probably never done anything athletic in their lives and don't understand how hard it is. Its not like the Seahawks are a bunch of chumps.

ubecool454
10-02-2013, 05:45 PM
im so glad the national media has finally started bashing Schaub unlike the chronicle (only major newspaper in town) who babies schaub more than kubiak.

So glad that all the major sports outlets have started putting the heat on schaub because he has gotten away with it for far too long here in houston because of the utterly soft (probably paid off media see tania ganguli & mclain) houston media.

Congrats on being two years late.

You are not a true fan rookie. You are a bandwagon fan. Just jump off now please.

2012Champs
10-02-2013, 05:58 PM
When Tate averages basically a turnover a game for god knows how many games now, then we can talk about Tate in the same light as Schaub.

Well there certainly is the small little details that Tate doesn't attempt passes or touh the ball every snap but don't let that get in your way

YeaLikeRightNow
10-02-2013, 06:00 PM
Well, this about sums up what real Texans team fans have been talking about since lasts years slide to mediocrity. I like Schaub, I for years believed he was "The Man", just like folks in New York felt Mark Sanchez was their man. But, an individual reaches a certain point where their previous experience level is not commensurate with a team's growing needs, and as the look on the Texans faces after the Pick-6 playing Seattle...you just knew there were going to be problems. Many "fans" don't or cannot see the Big Picture...maybe they will now.

chenjy9
10-02-2013, 06:05 PM
Well there certainly is the small little details that Tate doesn't attempt passes or touh the ball every snap but don't let that get in your way

Just like how people are forgetting Tate is in his 3rd year as well as Yates? That Schaub is a TEN YEAR VET and SEVEN YEAR STARTER still making the same dumb mistakes? Considering how much younger Tate is than Schaub, I don't put his fumble on nearly the same level of Schaub's. Mistakes have different weight. Schaub's mistakes greatly outweigh Tates.

gary
10-02-2013, 06:06 PM
Speak for yourself. I think it's hilarious and well deserved. Schaub deserves every bit of hate for his performances.The team gets a pass? I think Matt has reached his limit and the front office should see that fact.

chenjy9
10-02-2013, 06:14 PM
The team gets a pass? I think Matt has reached his limit and the front office should see that fact.

I never said the rest of the team was blameless. I am saying that the mistakes of Schaub weigh far more than any other individual player due to his seniority, contract, and position. You cannot honestly compare his game changing mistakes to the mistakes of a 3 year backup. I personally think Matt had reached his limit a long time ago and the idiocy of Kubes prevented us from looking for a legitimate QB that the team can consistently depend on when needed. Now do I think Keenum or Yates will do better? Not necessarily, though I do believe that given a chance, they can be competitive to Schaub. At this time, I am more in a anyone-but-schaub mentality than start Yates/Keenum.

2slik4u
10-02-2013, 06:15 PM

Gary - get off your high horse. It was posted as a joke. Leave it at that. Jesus, it's like you take the shots at schaub personal. If you don't like, which we all know by the multiple comments you've left in numerous threads, then leave it be or don't read.

SchaubApologist
10-02-2013, 06:20 PM
The team gets a pass? I think Matt has reached his limit and the front office should see that fact.

:clown:

axman40
10-02-2013, 06:32 PM
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s403x403/555897_10202101370197121_712946302_n.jpg
(https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202101370197121&set=gm.531863270221533&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf)

YeaLikeRightNow
10-02-2013, 06:43 PM
Schaub was a backup QB for the Falcons. A great backup to have on any team, but...he has reached his potential I do believe as an effective starter; notwithstanding ~ he's getting up there in age as well. I have always liked Schaub, but as a leader of an up-and-coming NFL powerhouse, I just don't see his enthusiasm in the huddle or on the sidelines, even after he makes a great play. It's almost as if he cannot believe he helped make a great play. His involvement and camaraderie with the team and coaching staff, as far as I can see; is barely evident during a game. I have been questioning this ever since the team had it's disastrous ending last year. Matt is a great passing quarterback, only if he has time in the pocket. He does run the play-action very well. However, his judgement is shortsighted and he cannot scramble in most any situation. His falling down to the turf at any hint of physical contact has emerged more and more each game. It seems to me that ever since his foot injury, Matt has not been the same quarterback. The more we play Matt and lose games, the more the team's moral will decline...the winning attitude of competent players will surely suffer. It's time to search for a viable candidate to lead the team, or perhaps start rotating T.J. or Case into the lineup. The longer the team waits to do so, the heavier the downfall will be.

2012Champs
10-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Just like how people are forgetting Tate is in his 3rd year as well as Yates? That Schaub is a TEN YEAR VET and SEVEN YEAR STARTER still making the same dumb mistakes? Considering how much younger Tate is than Schaub, I don't put his fumble on nearly the same level of Schaub's. Mistakes have different weight. Schaub's mistakes greatly outweigh Tates.

Their age is highly irrelevant to the situation. The drop off from starting qb to second is huge and the step from 2nd rb to the 3rd isn't nearly as much. Take that into account when you are talking about turnover allowance and the factor in the increased number of touches qb to rb.

Does Schaub's int outweigh Tate's fumble? Sure. Does one excuse the other? Not a chance

Wolf6151
10-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Dead money is not new money. It is accounting for money already paid which has not gone on the caps to date. So it is not an issue of additional money coming out of McNair's wallet.

Yes its already accounted for. It's still money paid out to a player no longer on the team and I doubt seriously McNair likes paying it.

powda
10-02-2013, 09:45 PM
At the end of last season there was a lot of infighting here about the merits of Schaub. People fought tooth and nail over it. Nobody wants to say I told you so yet, but some of us spotted the iceberg ahead last december. Some of us picked it out a LOT farther back. Now we're inseason and there's nothing to do but sit it out and watch the boat go down.

Everything I ever said about Romo to cowboy fans is true of schaub. Collapses underpressure. I still dont understand how you run a bootleg offense with a qb who cant run.

And I dont blame kubiak for not allowing audibles. We've seen schaub's decision making skills. I blame kubiak for not having the sack to bring in legit competition for schaub. Here's the next bad news: schaubs not going to recover and we'll draft a rookie...and that rookie wont start until next season is lost. Because kubiak is to conservative to start a rookie qb. This aint over till november '14. Captain ******** pick 6 is gonna be here.

Corrosion
10-02-2013, 09:55 PM
At the end of last season there was a lot of infighting here about the merits of Schaub. People fought tooth and nail over it. Nobody wants to say I told you so yet, but some of us spotted the iceberg ahead last december. Some of us picked it out a LOT farther back. Now we're inseason and there's nothing to do but sit it out and watch the boat go down.

Everything I ever said about Romo to cowboy fans is true of schaub. Collapses underpressure. I still dont understand how you run a bootleg offense with a qb who cant run.

And I dont blame kubiak for not allowing audibles. We've seen schaub's decision making skills. I blame kubiak for not having the sack to bring in legit competition for schaub. Here's the next bad news: schaubs not going to recover and we'll draft a rookie...and that rookie wont start until next season is lost. Because kubiak is to conservative to start a rookie qb. This aint over till november '14. Captain ******** pick 6 is gonna be here.

Don't you blame a lot of that on Rick Smith's decision to extend Schaub after the first game of last season ??

I recall Doc telling us that even tho the foot had healed , it would get worse with use .... and that's exactly what we've seen.

They jumped the gun on extending Schaub ....

As for going forward from here , If Schaub doesn't dig his way out of this funk and the team reaches the AFC Championship game at the very least .... I don't think he's on the roster next season as they can spread the cap hit out over two years at 3m & 7m each.
The big question is how that affects other players coming up to FA that they would like to keep.

There will be quite a few QB's in the first round of next years draft .... Maybe as many as 8. A couple of them I really like .....
Considering what Kubiak has been able to squeeze out of Schaub - a perennial top tier offense in both yards & scoring along with leading the league in time of possession ..... despite Schaub's inadequacies and mental breakdowns , I'd really like to see what he could do with a real talent at the position.

Texan_Bill
10-02-2013, 09:55 PM

WOW!! Just wow!!

HATE??? Really? Maybe you should look up the definition of "hate".

Angry? Yes! Disappointed? YES!!!! Ready to move on? Sure...

BUT HATE?? Seek help for your cranial-anal inversion syndrome!

powda
10-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Don't you blame a lot of that on Rick Smith's decision to extend Schaub after the first game of last season ??

I recall Doc telling us that even tho the foot had healed , it would get worse with use .... and that's exactly what we've seen.

They jumped the gun on extending Schaub ....

As for going forward from here , If Schaub doesn't dig his way out of this funk and the team reaches the AFC Championship game at the very least .... I don't think he's on the roster next season as they can spread the cap hit out over two years at 3m & 7m each.
The big question is how that affects other players coming up to FA that they would like to keep.

There will be quite a few QB's in the first round of next years draft .... Maybe as many as 8. A couple of them I really like .....
Considering what Kubiak has been able to squeeze out of Schaub - a perennial top tier offense in both yards & scoring along with leading the league in time of possession ..... despite Schaub's inadequacies and mental breakdowns , I'd really like to see what he could do with a real talent at the position.

Dont get me wrong, I blame ricky to. This habit of signing players comming off injury has normally worked out ok for him. But to gamble on your most important position with that percentage of the cap was stupid. I was harping back then to draft a qb to.

And you present one of my opinions better then I could. Kubiak's offense has masked schaub's deficiencies well enough to fool a lot of fans. His system is so ubber qb friendly they felt like they could address other spots on the team freely. What could this offense really do with a guy who could vertically threaten the field? How good could this offense be with a qb who threatens a defense east-west with an honest chance to run?

Here's another nostratexans prediction: when we find out what that kinda qb can do, aj and foster will be used up and gone. The window will have closed.

RTP2110
10-02-2013, 10:25 PM
I don't know how much is on Kubiak and how much is on Schaub, but I think the conservative nature of the offense is actually hindering Schaub and the passing game as a whole. I'm no expert so maybe I'm way off here, but I feel like the offense is being so conservative that it is also making them predictable. I feel like it's all stemming from the "take what the defense gives us" approach. The Texans need to challenge defenses a whole lot more than they have been. Teams are catching on that the Texans are not going to throw deep or challenge them in any meaningful way. The Texans rarely even attempt to throw beyond the sticks on 3rd downs. All three of the recent pick sixes have been on short routes that the opposing teams saw coming from a mile away. We have Hopkins and Andre outside and speedy options in the slot, but teams know that Schaub is going to sit back there and dump off to the backs or hit TE's over the middle for 8 to 9 yards. Guess which team has the most TE targets in the NFL. Not to mention TE to WR TD ratio.

The worst thing any team can be is predictable. We need to throw some deep balls just to keep the defenses honest. Hell, send Martin on a deep streak and overthrow him by 10 yards just to make a point. Throw some jump balls to AJ DHop in the endzone, those guys are huge aerial threats going to waste. Our longest pass play this year is a short catch and long run to Martin that went for 32 yards. 32! That's actually pathetic. Yeah, that's good for 87th longest pass play this season, and I had to go to the 3rd page of stats to find it. If that doesn't scream predictable, I don't know what does. I really believe they have got to throw the ball deep to keep teams guessing and keep them honest.

Lucky
10-02-2013, 10:39 PM
Rick Smith doesn't make that decision alone, or is even the tiebreaker. Kubiak/Smith/McNair had to agree on the extension. And they had to rely heavily on the future prognosis from the team doctors.

Corrosion
10-02-2013, 10:39 PM
I don't know how much is on Kubiak and how much is on Schaub, but I think the conservative nature of the offense is actually hindering Schaub and the passing game as a whole.

If he cant execute simple plays .... what makes you think he can execute a less conservative gameplan ?!

The entire offense is designed to make life simple and easy for the QB ... He's making simple addition and subtraction seem like quantum physics.
The system has been highly productive over the long term. The change needs to occur under center , not in the X's & O's.

Corrosion
10-02-2013, 10:46 PM
Rick Smith doesn't make that decision alone, or is even the tiebreaker. Kubiak/Smith/McNair had to agree on the extension. And they had to rely heavily on the future prognosis from the team doctors.

I think they need some new doctors .... seems they've made a lot of mistakes.

A healthy Schaub - the guy we saw between 2009 to the point in 2011 where he went down , I would have been comfortable giving an extension , this broken version .... not so much.

Hindsight is always 20/20 ...... :rake:

Lucky
10-02-2013, 11:18 PM

That's kind of where I was coming from. I'm not a doctor. I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. But it's pretty obvious to me the Texans aren't receiving the best medical advice they could. Who makes the call on the team physician anyway? McNair?

I've felt that Schaub's extension was unnecessary. Yes, he would have been a free agent in the 2013 offseason. But, I think the market would have been limited and no other team would have given him such a long term deal. Was Schaub better than several QBs on other teams? Yes. That doesn't mean these teams would have committed to him long term. Schaub should have gotten something above the deal Carson Palmer received from Arizona (3 years, $26 million, $10 mil guaranteed). Not the $29 million guaranteed he picked up for what will likely be two years of work.

I hate to describe posters as "supporters". But I would like to ask a few questions to those who believe that Schaub should remain at QB. What makes you think that Schaub will get better? I want to believe. I saw hope in the Seahawk game. And then came the lay down sacks and the pick six. I don't see a spark and I don't see anything getting better. Do you wait until the Texans are out of contention before making a move? So you wait until they go sub .500 (which could be Sunday). What will it take for you to want to see a change at QB?

ArlingtonTexan
10-03-2013, 12:12 AM
I hate to describe posters as "supporters". But I would like to ask a few questions to those who believe that Schaub should remain at QB. What makes you think that Schaub will get better? I want to believe. I saw hope in the Seahawk game. And then came the lay down sacks and the pick six. I don't see a spark and I don't see anything getting better. Do you wait until the Texans are out of contention before making a move? So you wait until they go sub .500 (which could be Sunday). What will it take for you to want to see a change at QB?

I am not believer that you change QBs to "see what the other guy can do." You make a change when you feel the other guy(s) give you a better chance at winning.. so what we have is Schuab playing so awful that he leaves you no choice, getting injured, or that the Texans brass literally think that Yates or keenum are already better than Schuab. I think injury is the only way we see another QB.

Stay the course, comes from the top with the Texans. Many if not most of us would have dumped Kubiak after 2010 (I would have).

Lucky
10-03-2013, 12:38 AM
...so what we have is Schuab playing so awful that he leaves you no choice...
So you don't think he's close to that? His mistakes are demoralizing. I hear the standard lip service, but you have to wonder if the team has any faith in Schaub. I can see where Kubiak and the front office feel trapped. They've re-signed Schaub to a big contract with no obvious heir apparent. But the guys behind him are professional QBs. They have more mobility and stronger arms. They could provide the team with a spark.

If his poor play continues into the season, Schaub becomes a lame duck QB. He won't be brought back for a $10 million salary. If you know that, why wait until he's injured to find out what you have behind him?

Corrosion
10-03-2013, 01:42 AM
great post.

Its so frustrating to see our offense littered with pro bowlers and a young exciting rookie get wasted with dink and dunk passes. You see other teams or should i say "elite/superbowl" teams and they go for the jugular.

And you don't think throwing the ball in that situation was going for the jugular ?! It surely wasn't a conservative call .... the conservative thing to do in that situation is call a run play and if you fail to convert let your punter do his job and give your defense a long field to defend.

As for a more attacking offense .... Schaub cant seem to execute this simple offense and doesn't have the arm to make the type of downfield throws ... but hey , lets open it up like Aaron Rodgers us in a Texans uniform ..... Come On Breh .....

Corrosion
10-03-2013, 02:50 AM

Schaub constantly checking down to foster because he is mentally deficient at reading wide receiver progressions is an example of conservative passing.

Get it together.

You can say that and tell us you want a more aggressive offense in the same breath ?! :gun:

Nitrofish
10-03-2013, 03:29 AM

So finally the truth comes out. This is really all about "I saw it first" "I saw it years ago" and not really about 1 play right? in 2012 when the Texans started fast, all of the Schaub haters had to bite their tongues. Now that the Texans have started slow, here comes the same old song and dance of "I told you so" 4 games in and you guys have already determined the Texans fate. Hilarious!

WOW!! Just wow!!

HATE??? Really? Maybe you should look up the definition of "hate".

Angry? Yes! Disappointed? YES!!!! Ready to move on? Sure...

BUT HATE?? Seek help for your cranial-anal inversion syndrome!

LOL

A healthy Schaub - the guy we saw between 2009 to the point in 2011 where he went down , I would have been comfortable giving an extension , this broken version .... not so much.

What i want to know is, why is it that all of the professional people who work in the field are all crazy, and you and others are the experts? How is it that something that is so obvious to you, escapes medical professionals? Must be some kind of conspiracy right? Your arrogance is mind numbing.

That's kind of where I was coming from. I'm not a doctor. I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. But it's pretty obvious to me the Texans aren't receiving the best medical advice they could. Who makes the call on the team physician anyway? McNair?

I've felt that Schaub's extension was unnecessary. Yes, he would have been a free agent in the 2013 offseason. But, I think the market would have been limited and no other team would have given him such a long term deal. Was Schaub better than several QBs on other teams? Yes. That doesn't mean these teams would have committed to him long term. Schaub should have gotten something above the deal Carson Palmer received from Arizona (3 years, $26 million, $10 mil guaranteed). Not the $29 million guaranteed he picked up for what will likely be two years of work.

Hahaha... Love the Holiday Inn Express stuff. That was side splitting. As to the rest of your post, I hope you read my answer above. Leave those decisions to people who went to medical school and get paid to provide such advice. It's more likely that Matt Schaub threw a pick 6 because he did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express the night before the game than because of his injury 2 years ago. It was simply a bad play call, and even worse execution of a doomed play. But it was just 1 play in an otherwise great game by Schaub. Get over it.

In answer to your question. I watched Schaub now play like an elite QB in the 2nd half of the Chargers game, the 4th quarter of the Titans game he imposed his will on a really good defense, and there was this most recent game where he was carving up the NFL's #1 ranked D like it was child's play. But all any of you can do is focus on 1 stupid play, and ignore the rest. This is simply illogical. The whole team just needs to play all 4 quarters, which they have failed to do so far.

Ok so lay down sacks and Pick 6. You cannot have it both ways. Lay down sacks are a far better result than a pick 6, and had there been a lay down sack in that situation, the Texans most likely would have won that game. So it seems to me that you all want Schaub to be perfect. Never make a mistake, and even then you would find something to criticize him about. Mental errors from the entire team is what lost that game, not the pick 6 in the final minutes of regulation.

Do you wait until you are out of contention before making a move? Of course not, but there are other moves to be made first before you throw you whole season away on a hope and a prayer, such as fixing the protection issues, better play calling, better scouting, fewer penalties, etc, etc.

And you don't think throwing the ball in that situation was going for the jugular ?! It surely wasn't a conservative call .... the conservative thing to do in that situation is call a run play and if you fail to convert let your punter do his job and give your defense a long field to defend.

As for a more attacking offense .... Schaub cant seem to execute this simple offense and doesn't have the arm to make the type of downfield throws ... but hey , lets open it up like Aaron Rodgers us in a Texans uniform ..... Come On Breh .....

Really? What was Schaub doing in the first half? Were my eyes playing tricks on me or something?

thunderkyss
10-03-2013, 04:17 AM
Well, this about sums up what real Texans team fans have been talking about since lasts years slide to mediocrity. I like Schaub, I for years believed he was "The Man", just like folks in New York felt Mark Sanchez was their man. But, an individual reaches a certain point where their previous experience level is not commensurate with a team's growing needs, and as the look on the Texans faces after the Pick-6 playing Seattle...you just knew there were going to be problems. Many "fans" don't or cannot see the Big Picture...maybe they will now.

I honestly think this is the best comparison I've heard yet for Matt Schaub. At one time, Sanchez was good enough to get that team to the AFC Championship game. A play away from the Super Bowl..... in back to back years.

Things change, the team around him got worse. They needed him to be better.

The team around Matt got better. We're in more clutch situations. We need someone who can get "lucky" at the right time, who can make something happen, buy some time. Matt continues to fail.

Right now, the best we can hope for is that he stops hurting us.

2012Champs
10-03-2013, 07:20 AM
no its not. just because you throw the ball doesnt necessarily mean you are being aggressive. You can be aggressive while running the ball. You can be conservative even when you pass.

Even if that pass was completed, it was still a short completion.

Schaub constantly checking down to foster because he is mentally deficient at reading wide receiver progressions is an example of conservative passing.

Get it together.

Matt is 8th in the nfl one getting the first down throwing on 3rd and less than 3 and a little better than middle of the pack throwing on 3rd and 3-7, 20th on 3rd and 8 or more. It's not uncommon for qb to throw short of the sticks on 3rd down

thunderkyss
10-03-2013, 08:37 AM
Now we're inseason and there's nothing to do but sit it out and watch the boat go down.

What's your definition of "boat go down?"

powda
10-03-2013, 08:40 AM
So finally the truth comes out. This is really all about "I saw it first" "I saw it years ago" and not really about 1 play right? in 2012 when the Texans started fast, all of the Schaub haters had to bite their tongues. Now that the Texans have started slow, here comes the same old song and dance of "I told you so" 4 games in and you guys have already determined the Texans fate. Hilarious!

Uhhh no. I havent liked Schaub's talent when they were winning either. Winning just helped to hide it from people who refuse to see it.

If I say, we need better cornerback play from Mccain or we need a better right tackle, people might disagree but they dont question your fanhood. If I say, we need to upgrade the qb position, people take it personal and call you a bandwagon fan?

Look, I dont want Schaub to suck. He just does. Why does a percentage of Texansnation vilify those who see it? The time to fix the problem has passed. Waters wet. Deal.

powda
10-03-2013, 08:48 AM
What's your definition of "boat go down?"

Based on expectations, i'd say anything short of the playoffs will result in some forced coaching changes (Joe Mar meet Frank Bush.) Somewhere just below .500 and maybe the conversation becomes, "Should sonofbum replace kubes?"

I'd hate to see kubiak run out of town because of schaub.

thunderkyss
10-03-2013, 09:06 AM

I honestly do not believe that is what we're seeing. Even this "he's throwing off his back foot" thing. Not true. Watch every game objectively, watch his feet. He's rotating his hips well which translate to transferring his weight completely to his front foot on most throws.

If there is a problem with Matt, physically, it's him trying to be more athletic than he really is. Trying to get out of the pocket & make something happen where he used to throw it away.

He is drifting away on those bootlegs, that's true. But most of the other stuff just doesn't add up. You can watch the game & see he's transferring weight onto the front foot. He went on to play a game that had absolutely no meaning (the pro bowl, he had already been to one & named the MVP). He participated throughout OTAs, mini-camp, camp, & the preseason. If he knew he had a problem & longevity is the issue, why wouldn't he put off extended physical activity.

& biggest of all... no one can keep a secret very long. The more people who know, the sooner it is revealed & as "poorly" as he's played you'd think someone would make an excuse that would tip you off, or something. They're not even making excuses for him, The Owner, GM, & Head Coach actually put more scrutiny on him. Makes me believe no one at Reliant believes Matt has a degenerative condition pertaining to his LisFranc injury.

Even in the divisional play-off game he was actually more "active" than normal. Moving around trying to escape the rush... he looked like sht, because he's a clutz..... always has been & he's trying to do more of it.

thunderkyss
10-03-2013, 09:42 AM
And you present one of my opinions better then I could. Kubiak's offense has masked schaub's deficiencies well enough to fool a lot of fans.

If he cant execute simple plays .... what makes you think he can execute a less conservative gameplan ?!

The entire offense is designed to make life simple and easy for the QB ...

& what offense isn't?

We saw what happened when Matt Cassell replaced Tom Brady. Looked like they didn't miss a beat.

We go about doing it differently than they do, their offensive linemen are head & shoulders better than ours at pass blocking. It's common to hear, "& Tom Brady has all kinds of time." Like RTP said, if we can provide that kind of time for Schaub, he'll look like a much different QB. Better or worse, I can't say.

He's not "perfect" for what we do, but he does, or at least has historically, operated it very well.

powda
10-03-2013, 09:54 AM
Are some offenses more quarterback friendly then others? YES.

He's not "perfect" for what we do, but he does, or at least has historically, operated it very well.

We can argue semantics and systems with a million examples on both sides. Here's a couple of better questions...

Can Schaub LEAD this team to the Superbowl?

Do you want Schaub as your starting quarterback next year?

Should we draft a qb in the 1st or 2nd round?

How many more boneheaded pick 6 game losing plays do we have to see to get the hint?

Corrosion
10-03-2013, 10:32 AM
What i want to know is, why is it that all of the professional people who work in the field are all crazy, and you and others are the experts? How is it that something that is so obvious to you, escapes medical professionals? Must be some kind of conspiracy right? Your arrogance is mind numbing.

A highly respected medical professional is where I got my information ... Prior to Schaub's meltdown at the tail end of last season (when they gave Schaub the extension) stating that the foot would get worse with use - That guy was dead on & has been right more times than I care to count when the Texans medical staff has whiffed.

My arrogance is nothing more than a belief in Doc CND .... it is obvious to me he was right.

Really? What was Schaub doing in the first half? Were my eyes playing tricks on me or something?

Yep , he looked fine .... until the SeaDucks turned up the defensive pressure , once that happened we saw "Bad Matt."

Nitrofish
10-03-2013, 10:54 AM
A highly respected medical professional is where I got my information ... Prior to Schaub's meltdown at the tail end of last season (when they gave Schaub the extension) stating that the foot would get worse with use - That guy was dead on & has been right more times than I care to count when the Texans medical staff has whiffed.

My arrogance is nothing more than a belief in Doc CND .... it is obvious to me he was right.

Yep , he looked fine .... until the SeaDucks turned up the defensive pressure , once that happened we saw "Bad Matt."

Can I ask, does Doc CND work for the Texans, or a professional football team in a medical capacity? What does Doc CND have to lose if his opinion is wrong? What would a medical staff member have to lose that actually works for the Texans have to lose if his opinion was wrong, and what would be his motivation to lie about Schaub's injury? Is he, or they also part of the conspiracy to keep Schaub the QB?

Everyone has their own perceptions based on the info they have been provided, and I am ok with that, but what I have a problem with is why would you choose information from someone on a message board, over someone who is actually working for the Texans? If Schaub's injury is degenerative, why did he play well in the first half, yet in the Chargers game it was the 2nd half he played well in? Is it possible this is just the theory you WANT to believe?

In regards to the Hawks turning up the D. I challenge you to watch the game again. They did not change their plan, which was to pressure Schaub, what happened was the Texans offensive line basically stopped blocking. Perhaps they all have degenerative foot injuries also, I don't know. But my perception was it had less to do with the Hawks turning things up, and more to do with the Texans falling apart offensively and defensively in the 4th quarter.

Wade used a spy in the fist half to keep Wilson contained, then simply stopped doing it in the 2nd half, and when Cushing went out. Wilson ran wild. Perhaps it would have been a better plan to stop rushing the passer so hard and make Wilson beat us with his arm. I mean it's not like he was killing the Texans throwing the ball was he?

This was a team loss, and many things factored into the loss, and yes Schaub's pick 6 was one of them, but it was not THE reason the Texans lost.

2012Champs
10-03-2013, 11:10 AM

If a D attempts to turn up the pressure on a QB it is not the QB's sole responsibility to combat that. There are a number of guys you pay to step up and help offset that D turning it up

Corrosion
10-03-2013, 11:15 AM
Can I ask, does Doc CND work for the Texans, or a professional football team in a medical capacity? What does Doc CND have to lose if his opinion is wrong? What would a medical staff member have to lose that actually works for the Texans have to lose if his opinion was wrong, and what would be his motivation to lie about Schaub's injury? Is he, or they also part of the conspiracy to keep Schaub the QB?

CND has nothing to lose .... but that doesn't change the fact that he's been right more times than I can count - and I don't just know him as a member of this board either , we're friends away from here as well

In regards to the Hawks turning up the D. I challenge you to watch the game again. They did not change their plan, which was to pressure Schaub, what happened was the Texans offensive line basically stopped blocking. Perhaps they all have degenerative foot injuries also, I don't know. But my perception was it had less to do with the Hawks turning things up, and more to do with the Texans falling apart offensively and defensively in the 4th quarter.

In the first half the vast majority of the time they only rushed their front four .... On the pick six , they blitzed a DB ....

Here -Brian Billick breaks the play down for you here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0xVDZX6_mU)

That is a change from what they had been doing

If a D attempts to turn up the pressure on a QB it is not the QB's sole responsibility to combat that. There are a number of guys you pay to step up and help offset that D turning it up

Cant dispute that .... Newton whiffed on the play & the blitzer wasn't accounted for. But damn , you cant throw that ball , you just take the sack and live to fight another play.

powda
10-03-2013, 11:20 AM
There are a number of guys you pay to step up and help offset that D turning it up

Like a right tackle named Newton. No one's upset if I call him average. When I call average matt (captain F^ckin pick 6) average, people get upset? Why are we only ok with addressing part of the problem?

2012Champs
10-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Like a right tackle named Newton. No one's upset if I call him average. When I call average matt (captain F^ckin pick 6) average, people get upset? Why are we only ok with addressing part of the problem?

Are people calling for newton's head? Are they making some crazy suggestion that we should pick someone up off the street to replace newton? Pointing out a player making mistake ala Schaub's passing attempt is legit. Losing your damn mind and calling for a 3rd stringer to replace him is crazy

Nitrofish
10-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Are people calling for newton's head? Are they making some crazy suggestion that we should pick someone up off the street to replace newton? Pointing out a player making mistake ala Schaub's passing attempt is legit. Losing your damn mind and calling for a 3rd stringer to replace him is crazy

Exactly! The point is, it is guys like Newton that are making Schaub look bad by opening the flood gates, which was the same problem the Texans were having last season. Even Peyton Manning can't complete a pass with 3 defenders in his face every play. Watch the pocket his O Line creates for him, and Tom Brady. Give Schaub that kind of protection and he will carve up any team in the league.

But no... Let's just keep laying it all at the feet of Schaub. Makes perfect sense.