PDA

View Full Version : All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Premier
01-09-2013, 05:10 PM
clearly, then, you must have even a lower opinion of Andy Dalton... sucks to be Cincinnati and stuck with that loser for the next several years.

that loser has gotten his bengals in the playoffs in his first 2 seasons. unfortunately for him... texans>bengals.. really though, whats your purpose of calling dalton a loser. he has some pretty good tools, quite mobile, strong arm, his ceiling is probably 7-10 range right with the joe flaccos, matt ryans, tony romos, and matt shcuabs of the qb world..

dalemurphy
01-09-2013, 05:20 PM
that loser has gotten his bengals in the playoffs in his first 2 seasons. unfortunately for him... texans>bengals.. really though, whats your purpose of calling dalton a loser. he has some pretty good tools, quite mobile, strong arm, his ceiling is probably 7-10 range right with the joe flaccos, matt ryans, tony romos, and matt shcuabs of the qb world..

it was sarcasm, intended to point out an absurd argument.

GlenRice
01-13-2013, 06:54 PM
He is not a winner. Always chokes under pressure.

panamamyers
01-13-2013, 06:56 PM
It's hilarious that there are people that didn't see this four years ago.
He has always been horrible and never has been capable of leading anyone to anything. Heck we were in this game at the half despite his atrocious play in the first half. Arian and Manning are the only reasons this is close. We could have Arian take a direct snap at qb every down and be closer than we are now.

ATXtexanfan
01-13-2013, 07:01 PM
Started a thread in 2010, yet I keep digging it uphttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpsfaYvm_W4

LikeMike
01-13-2013, 07:05 PM
Matt is a good QB... But not a very good competitor. He doesn't elevate his game when the big lights are on and he always tries to play it smart, or lets all it conservative. Schaub is not the guy who carries his team - but someone who can help his team.

If we can upgrade, sure, but its gonna be hard to find a franchise QB out there...

GlenRice
01-13-2013, 07:10 PM
Shaub throws 6 yards, 5 yards, 7 yards

Brady throws 30 yard bomb. Touchdown!

Mr. Texan
01-13-2013, 07:11 PM
so who do ya'll like in the draft?

preferably someone with a big arm and 4.5 speed.

TexansFight
01-13-2013, 07:11 PM
Trade for Matt Flynn. Schaub is done. We are so limited with him

Hervoyel
01-13-2013, 07:39 PM
Trade for Matt Flynn. Schaub is done. We are so limited with him

Now, now, you know ol' Texecutioner is gonna come in here and lecture you on what a bad move that would be if you keep up that kind of posting. Don't you know that replacing Matt Schaub with anyone but Tom Brady or Peyton Manning would just be a lateral move and waste of time?

:toropalm:

ATXtexanfan
01-13-2013, 07:41 PM
Tex is a schaub fan

mussop
01-13-2013, 07:57 PM
Tex is a schaub fan

I do tv think he is anymore.

macho grande
01-13-2013, 07:58 PM
He sucks.

ajohnson80
01-13-2013, 07:59 PM
so who do ya'll like in the draft?

preferably someone with a big arm and 4.5 speed.

I like Taj boyd outta Clemson

Nawzer
01-13-2013, 08:01 PM
We gotta find us a 3rd or 4th round gem this year at the QB position. Schaub hit his ceiling couple of seasons ago.

Mr. Texan
01-13-2013, 08:03 PM
I like Taj boyd outta Clemson

i though he said he was staying at clemson?

i'd had my eye on him as well.

ajohnson80
01-13-2013, 08:04 PM
i though he said he was staying at clemson?

i'd had my eye on him as well.

Yeah he's going back for his senior year I forgot.

MasterCush
01-13-2013, 08:14 PM
I'm not saying we should throw him under the bus completely but we do need a QB that can actually extend passes and has some feet. Schaub dropped the ball today and nobody even touched him. He's too scared of taking hits if the pocket even shrinks a little bit. Early in the season he showed some poise but after he took some big hits he just curls up too fast now.

AndyWin
01-13-2013, 08:15 PM
I'm not saying we should throw him under the bus completely but we do need a QB that can actually extend passes and has some feet. Schaub dropped the ball today and nobody even touched him. He's too scared of taking hits if the pocket even shrinks a little bit. Early in the season he showed some poise but after he took some big hits he just curls up too fast now.

Repped

fiasco west
01-13-2013, 08:18 PM
AT the very least you need to bring in a guy to challenge Schaub.

Draft a QB in the early rounds or pick up a guy...EVEN if it is something crazy like oh say Vick. They can't go into next year and have Schaub as the guy locked in stone. Sometimes that extra competition is all a guy needs.

amazing80
01-13-2013, 08:21 PM
Now, now, you know ol' Texecutioner is gonna come in here and lecture you on what a bad move that would be if you keep up that kind of posting. Don't you know that replacing Matt Schaub with anyone but Tom Brady or Peyton Manning would just be a lateral move and waste of time?

haha nice post and very accurate

Mr. Texan
01-13-2013, 08:23 PM
http://walterfootball.com/draft2013QB.php

Texcore
01-13-2013, 08:35 PM
Vick would be an upgrade over Shaub. In fact, just looking at a list of starting QBs in the NFL, I firmly believe half of them would have better success with this team than Shaub. I'm so done with him...

Mr. Texan
01-13-2013, 08:41 PM
Stephanie Stradley‏@StephStradley

#KubiakBelievesInYou RT @CSNHouston Kubiak on Schaub "I think he's one of the top quarterbacks...I believe in our QB wholeheartedly"

welp :kitten:

houstonspartan
01-13-2013, 08:41 PM
Starting to agree with a buddy of mine, who said earlier that he thinks there was an undisclosed injury to Schaub about six weeks or so ago.

gwallaia
01-13-2013, 08:42 PM
Schaub is good but not great. He is not the QB to take the Texans to the next level.

Textan
01-13-2013, 08:44 PM

He knows, he knows there's no defending him now, especially after two play off games. Schaub is what we've known him to be for a long time. No what ifs anymore, no doubt anymore.

fiasco west
01-13-2013, 08:47 PM

#KubiakBelievesInYou RT @CSNHouston Kubiak on Schaub "I think he's one of the top quarterbacks...I believe in our QB wholeheartedly"

It's just a media quote. The last thing he's going to say is they will look at it.

I mean Harbaugh for the 9ers was still saying Alex Smith was the guy until recently.

TexCanada
01-13-2013, 08:49 PM
Tex is a schaub fan

You make that sound like a negative thing. I'm on pretty much the same page as Tex, he's a good but not great QB. So, unless we can find a legitimate top 10 QB, then there is simply no point in replacing him.

That being said, I hope we take a long, hard look in the upcoming draft to see if we can find a guy we think can be top 10.

thunderkyss
01-13-2013, 08:51 PM
Heck we were in this game at the half despite his atrocious play in the first half. Arian and Manning are the only reasons this is close. We could have Arian take a direct snap at qb every down and be closer than we are now.

We were in this game at the half because of Matt Schaub's play at the end of the half. We needed more of that.

We got away from it & I can kinda understand, after Brady marched down the field to start the second half, Kubiak wanted to keep the ball out of his hands.

We won the T.O.P..... by a little over 2 minutes. Most likely because the Patriots took a few knees (??) but we didn't score.

I'm not the biggest Schaub fan, but I don't see us getting rid of him or bringing in competition or a future replacement. Hopefully we can get rid of Walter & go more 4 & 5 WR sets.

Vinny
01-13-2013, 08:52 PM
Ring, ring - Hello, mini-Shanny? What do you need for Cousins?

thunderkyss
01-13-2013, 08:53 PM
Matt is a good QB... But not a very good competitor. He doesn't elevate his game when the big lights are on and he always tries to play it smart, or lets all it conservative. Schaub is not the guy who carries his team - but someone who can help his team.

If we can upgrade, sure, but its gonna be hard to find a franchise QB out there...

Matt's biggest problem, I think, is that when he & Kubiak are going over the game plan & the script, he needs to say, "Coach, give me the ball. Let me get a lead, then hand it over to Foster. I'm not going to run for a first down, I'm not going to extend any plays, but I can pick apart a defense if I have enough options."

ATXtexanfan
01-13-2013, 08:56 PM
You make that sound like a negative thing. I'm on pretty much the same page as Tex, he's a good but not great QB. So, unless we can find a legitimate top 10 QB, then there is simply no point in replacing him.

That being said, I hope we take a long, hard look in the upcoming draft to see if we can find a guy we think can be top 10.

you mean like draft a qb or bring in someone to challenge him. i'm all for it. wont be hard to unseat if this is serious

ATXtexanfan
01-13-2013, 08:59 PM
We were in this game at the half because of Matt Schaub's play at the end of the half. We needed more of that.

We got away from it & I can kinda understand, after Brady marched down the field to start the second half, Kubiak wanted to keep the ball out of his hands.

We won the T.O.P..... by a little over 2 minutes. Most likely because the Patriots took a few knees (??) but we didn't score.

I'm not the biggest Schaub fan, but I don't see us getting rid of him or bringing in competition or a future replacement. Hopefully we can get rid of Walter & go more 4 & 5 WR sets.

so next year will be more of the same.

TexCanada
01-13-2013, 09:04 PM
you mean like draft a qb or bring in someone to challenge him. i'm all for it. wont be hard to unseat if this is serious

What do you mean if I'm serious? Everybody would be happy with an upgrade at QB. There is just a differing opinion on what an upgrade is.

ObsiWan
01-13-2013, 09:09 PM
Ring, ring - Hello, mini-Shanny? What do you need for Cousins?
Actually, Seattle might answer the phone if we were inquiring about Matt Flynn...

Vinny
01-13-2013, 09:11 PM
Actually, Seattle might answer the phone if we were inquiring about Matt Flynn...
so if we acquire Matt Flynn will we draft a QB in the 3rd round too? I want my young running QB like everyone else has!

Premier
01-13-2013, 09:25 PM
cut schaub, hes useless
give tj a year to prove us something..
yates sinks or floats
if he sucks like all the schaub lovers say he does, then we will be first in line to draft johnny football..
johnny football will beast and lead the texans to greatness..

LonerATO
01-13-2013, 09:26 PM
790 just played a clip of Kubiak saying that he has confidence in Schaub and that he is still the leader of the team.

Hervoyel
01-13-2013, 09:29 PM
790 just played a clip of Kubiak saying that he has confidence in Schaub and that he is still the leader of the team.

Schaub will continue to be the leader of the team. Of that I have no doubt. This situation will remain unchanged until he either loses the team or his presence/play begins to adversely affect the majority of followers of the team.

Pantherstang84
01-13-2013, 09:38 PM

And there you have it. Kubiak should be fired for that statement alone.

Pantherstang84
01-13-2013, 09:39 PM
so if we acquire Matt Flynn will we draft a QB in the 3rd round too? I want my young running QB like everyone else has!

I want one too.

fiasco west
01-13-2013, 09:42 PM
And there you have it. Kubiak should be fired for that statement alone.

It's a media statement.

Not sure what else is he to say but that?

fiasco west
01-13-2013, 09:44 PM
At the same time, I hope it's just a media statement.

No reason IMO to have Schaub locked in as the #1 guy moving forward.

Either bring a guy in like Smith to at least challenge Schaub or draft a QB...you never know with those guys. Wilson and Kaepernick were drafted 3rd and 2nd round...

Pantherstang84
01-13-2013, 09:48 PM
It's a media statement.

Not sure what else is he to say but that?

How about....

"Well John *thump thump thump* we will be evaluating all of our players this off season."

thunderkyss
01-13-2013, 09:49 PM
so next year will be more of the same.

I'm pretty sure Baltimore & San Francisco said the same thing this year. So far, neither has done anything they haven't done already.

Atlanta... if some of you ran the Atlanta Falcons, you'd have got rid of Matt Ryan & most likely be at the bottom of the NFC South. Instead, they're going on to the NFC Championship game.

Denver.... did they do anything different than last year? They went & upgraded their QB position, but were one & done. Last year, at least they won a play off game.

I don't know what next season has in store for us, but I'm looking forward to it. & I'm looking forward to debating with you guys about what it means.

Rey
01-13-2013, 09:52 PM
I'm pretty sure Baltimore & San Francisco said the same thing this year. So far, neither has done anything they haven't done already.

Atlanta... if some of you ran the Atlanta Falcons, you'd have got rid of Matt Ryan & most likely be at the bottom of the NFC South. Instead, they're going on to the NFC Championship game.

Denver.... did they do anything different than last year? They went & upgraded their QB position, but were one & done. Last year, at least they won a play off game.

I don't know what next season has in store for us, but I'm looking forward to it. & I'm looking forward to debating with you guys about what it means.

Still looking at results instead of how the team plays....

Flacco, San Fran, and Denver were better teams this year.

Denver got a first round bye with manning and were competitive against a good ravens team. They were a few plays from winning. Yeah the results are the same, but that doesnt mean Tebow = Peyton.

T

fiasco west
01-13-2013, 09:53 PM
How about....

"Well John *thump thump thump* we will be evaluating all of our players this off season."

I don't think it matters any ways.

Harbaugh again was saying Alex Smith was the guy until recently...I wonder if he'd still tell the media that if they even cared about it now.

It's just a blanket media statement. It's like how Belichick every week acts like the next team they are going to play is a elite team even if they haven't won a game yet.

Lets wait to see the actions instead of condemning him for a thing most coaches would say.

SAMURAITEXAN
01-13-2013, 09:55 PM
Come on now, do you guys expect Gary to say something extreme to media right after NE game? Likely Gary really thinks Matt is good enough but, when you give enough time to rethink about situation, people tend to change their mind.

Rey
01-13-2013, 09:57 PM
When we got rid of Carr I think Gary said the sane things.

Schaub isn't going anywhere, but even if he was gary's not coming out right after the game and even hinting at the possibility.

GP
01-13-2013, 10:00 PM

Stock market.

You have to run an NFL team like you would if you were in the stock market.

Number 1 problem most amateur investors have is....waiting on a dog to improve.

"DOG" stock is that favorite stock you have that you just KNOW is going to end up being the big winner. So you wait. And you wait. The value drops a little, no worries. You wait on it. Then it drops a bit more. It's really dogging it now, no upward trend...just steadily falling a little at a time. So you wait.

Because such an investor can't find it within himself to put his dog out of its misery. I mean, it's not THAT bad. At that point, you lose objectivity.

Schaub is a stock that is dogging it. It might bounce back two points, but it will drop 3 next week. So on and so forth.

Gary is loyal. Gary doesn't like taking the dog stocks to the NFL vet.

AJ-80
01-13-2013, 10:03 PM
All of this talk about replacing a QB is just that - talk. Shaub has 4 years, 60 million on his contract. There is no way in hell that anyone in management is going to waste all of that money. The problem isn't Shaub, the problem is that no one can *******ing play wide receiver besides Andre. Walter, Posey and Jean are just not cutting it. We HAVE to do something to get another receiver via either draft or trade to at least help.

Pantherstang84
01-13-2013, 10:05 PM
All of this talk about replacing a QB is just that - talk. Shaub has 4 years, 60 million on his contract. There is no way in hell that anyone in management is going to waste all of that money. The problem isn't Shaub, the problem is that no one can *******ing play wide receiver besides Andre. Walter, Posey and Jean are just not cutting it. We HAVE to do something to get another receiver via either draft or trade to at least help.

Seriously?

TexCanada
01-13-2013, 10:08 PM
Stock market.

You have to run an NFL team like you would if you were in the stock market.

Number 1 problem most amateur investors have is....waiting on a dog to improve.

"DOG" stock is that favorite stock you have that you just KNOW is going to end up being the big winner. So you wait. And you wait. The value drops a little, no worries. You wait on it. Then it drops a bit more. It's really dogging it now, no upward trend...just steadily falling a little at a time. So you wait.

Because such an investor can't find it within himself to put his dog out of its misery. I mean, it's not THAT bad. At that point, you lose objectivity.

Schaub is a stock that is dogging it. It might bounce back two points, but it will drop 3 next week. So on and so forth.

Gary is loyal. Gary doesn't like taking the dog stocks to the NFL vet.

Well, no. That's pretty much wrong.

It's more like we have a decent stock. If you can find a better one then lets do it. The reality is, however, that it isn't easy to find a better one.

The best best is to draft a player with potential and hope it pans out.

GP
01-13-2013, 10:08 PM
Come on now, do you guys expect Gary to say something extreme to media right after NE game? Likely Gary really thinks Matt is good enough but, when you give enough time to rethink about situation, people tend to change their mind.

When we got rid of Carr I think Gary said the sane things.

Schaub isn't going anywhere, but even if he was gary's not coming out right after the game and even hinting at the possibility.

I think a lot of coaches and owners and GMs say "He's our man" and that's a sign that things are about to change for the guy they say they support.

I just think Kubiak really MEANS it. That's the problem.

Gary is not coach-speak when it comes to his loyalty to his players. From brain to mouth, ain't no mind tricks being played about this by Gary.

Anybody see Tate tonight? Forsett? Hell, I'm even worried about how Wade waits until the end of the game to put Mercilus into action.

This is an organization that travels at the pace of a glacier....no sudden moves, no quick-twitch reactions. And some people say the result in the field is ON THE PLAYERS? Who taught them to not worry, hakuna matata! No worries for the rest of your life?!?!

Tate is as good as gone. And I don't blame him. For as good as he might have it on this team, he probably is just a bit hungrier than the status quo. I think there's a lot of bad **** going on there with Tate and Kubiak and the whole fallout that's been happening with it all.

But, the crew on Kirby are C.I.A.'ish about it. Nothing to see here...we're just, uh, running an exercise, that's all. Pay no attention to what you see. Things are fine! Fine, I tell ya'. Right track and all that jazz, Texans Worthy!

Watching JJ Watt is about the only thing I can count upon bringing me any really satisfaction as a fan. And I said that, too, about Cushing. Same person those two. Relentless, professional from beginning to end, would die for everyone if they had to. Leave nothing on the field. Balls to the wall. 24/7.

This team, and I've said it awhile now, it MUST get a superstar QB who can basically go out, win, and make it on his own...without needing Gary's approval for every single thing. You have to have a QB, here, who is not afraid to show up the head coach. Good luck on THAT happening, btw.

GP
01-13-2013, 10:16 PM
Well, no. That's pretty much wrong.

It's more like we have a decent stock. If you can find a better one then lets do it. The reality is, however, that it isn't easy to find a better one.

The best best is to draft a player with potential and hope it pans out.

No, a better stock manager is needed.

Ours is sticking with a dog stock, which happens to be maybe the most important stock.

He's stuck. If he bails on Schaub, he admits he failed. Then he has to regain trust by going out and getting "the next guy" to make things better. And if they don't get better, he thinks it's on him. For real, this time. So he's guilty of watching out for himself more than anything.

He's paralyzed in so many ways. His play calling, his inability to shake things up at QB, the uncertainty of going in a new direction.

Harbaugh, love him or hate him, he's trying to improve at the cost of maybe making the wrong pick at QB. He even brought in another kicker to push his veteran kicker. I don't personally like they guy, but from a football standpoint, in terms of TODAY'S NFL, I understand his thinking. I applaud it. Because he's in the NFCC game. We're discussing whether or not Matt Schaub can progress or not. And how there isn't another QB out there to take his place. Allegedly.

Didn't stop 49ers and Seahawks from taking a gamble on a couple of stocks that could replace a stock that was dogging it for awhile. Payoff!

Russell Wilson overcame multiple Lynch fumbles today, and overcame his porous defense that was letting the 49ers score at will. Wilson almost willed that team to victory.

Foster almost willed us to victory today, as did AJ, which they did last year too in the same divisional round as this year.

Imagine if we really had a QB who could move AND throw. Imagine it.

AJ-80
01-13-2013, 10:21 PM
Seriously?
I'm not saying Matt Schaub is a super bowl quarterback. He's not. If we had a better option out there, I would go for it. But there isn't. Who do you want, Yates? Keenum? Hope for a lucky late round wonder at QB? There is too much money with Shaub at the moment to do anything w/ him. The productive thing to do would be to draft a WR in round 1 and hope he turns out to be a great player. Robert Woods, maybe?

TexCanada
01-13-2013, 10:23 PM
No, a better stock manager is needed.

Ours is sticking with a dog stock, which happens to be maybe the most important stock.

He's stuck. If he bails on Schaub, he admits he failed. Then he has to regain trust by going out and getting "the next guy" to make things better. And if they don't get better, he thinks it's on him. For real, this time. So he's guilty of watching out for himself more than anything.

He's paralyzed in so many ways. His play calling, his inability to shake things up at QB, the uncertainty of going in a new direction.

Harbaugh, love him or hate him, he's trying to improve at the cost of maybe making the wrong pick at QB. He even brought in another kicker to push his veteran kicker. I don't personally like they guy, but from a football standpoint, in terms of TODAY'S NFL, I understand his thinking. I applaud it. Because he's in the NFCC game. We're discussing whether or not Matt Schaub can progress or not. And how there isn't another QB out there to take his place. Allegedly.

Didn't stop 49ers and Seahawks from taking a gamble on a couple of stocks that could replace a stock that was dogging it for awhile. Payoff!

Russell Wilson overcame multiple Lynch fumbles today, and overcame his porous defense that was letting the 49ers score at will. Wilson almost willed that team to victory.

Foster almost willed us to victory today, as did AJ, which they did last year too in the same divisional round as this year.

Imagine if we really had a QB who could move AND throw. Imagine it.

Imagining is great, but how do you make it reality? I would hope that our FO looks at an upgrade, but it's really not as easy to find one as you make it seem. I hope we use a first or second round pick on a QB, but that is far from a guarantee that there is an improvement.

Textan
01-13-2013, 10:45 PM
Love it GP, and agree wholeheartedly. How do teams like San Fran and Seattle do it, yet the Texans seem to get the Carrs and Schaubs?
Schaub was just a tiny step up from Carr. We need a monumental step up from Schaub. This team will never compete with the likes of Green Bay, NE, San Fran, Seattle, New York, if that one major issue is not addressed.
Maybe they should send some scouts to San Fran and Seattle to see how exactly they were able to do what Houston Cannot.
Thinking back on the Oilers, did they ever acquire that elite QB?
Pastorini, nope.
Ken Stabler, just a tad washed up when we got him, if I recall correctly.
Warren, good, probably better than Schaub.
Nobody wants to compare the Oilers to our Texans.
the Oilers had their first winning season of the decade going 10-4 but did not make the playoffs. Injuries and inadequate offense doomed them to a 5-9 season in 1976

thunderkyss
01-13-2013, 11:23 PM
Still looking at results instead of how the team plays....

Flacco, San Fran, and Denver were better teams this year.

Denver got a first round bye with manning and were competitive against a good ravens team. They were a few plays from winning. Yeah the results are the same, but that doesnt mean Tebow = Peyton.

T

Tebow played better in last year's play-offs than Peyton did this year. If you're "watching them pay" you can't deny that. The Broncos exited the play-offs in the exact same spot they exited last year, same as us.

If I'm a Broncos fan, with the attitude you guys have, I'm wondering why in the heck we signed & hamstrung our team with this crippled Forest Gump has been, when we had the future of the NFL on our team.

Yeah, we'd have to run the pistol offense, or the option every now & then, but that dude was ball'n.

Think about it Rey, there isn't much difference between saying that & saying we're screwed with Schaub. I know what Manning has done in the past, & this year's Manning delivered pretty much his norm.... 1 & done in the play offs.

In the Playoffs, 290 yards, 3 TDs, 2 Ints, 1 lost fumble......

At least his special teams scored 14 points for him & he still lost.

If our ST would have scored 14 points for us we'd have scored the required 42 points to beat the Patriots.

ThaJokaa
01-13-2013, 11:25 PM
Let TJ start the season, if we see that he's not getting it done put Schuab back in and let him finish

silvrhand
01-13-2013, 11:34 PM
And this sums up my feelings.. I'm sorry I tried to be positive when Matt was having a good first few games, then he reverted. I don't know if it's Kubiak that's the constant check down, check down, don't make the mistake. Or if Matt just won't let it fly...

This is how I feel though..

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/3877_4768463883508_1223508371_n.jpg

Tailgate
01-13-2013, 11:37 PM
Does anyone remember the Broncos game? I honestly thought we had our QB there for a second.

powda
01-13-2013, 11:45 PM
I hate the "Houston we have a problem" quote so much. The only thing that saved you from neg rep was the awesome kotex pic.

GNTLEWOLF
01-13-2013, 11:56 PM
I must say, many of the criticisms I have read about Schaub the last 4 weeks sound amazingly the same as some of the criticisms that were being raised about David carr his last two seasons here. Kinda makes me wonder if the old QB Guru Kubiak actually turns QB's great or if maybe the reason he couldn't work with Carr was because Carr was already what his finished product would be...
However, I also am wondering if anybody really believed the Texans had a snowball's chance in a blast furnace of beating the Pats tonight. The better team clearly won the game.
At any rate all of our disgust is for naught. After a 12-4 season neither Schaub nor Kubiak are going anywhere

SAMURAITEXAN
01-14-2013, 12:01 AM
I think a lot of coaches and owners and GMs say "He's our man" and that's a sign that things are about to change for the guy they say they support.

I just think Kubiak really MEANS it. That's the problem.

Gary is not coach-speak when it comes to his loyalty to his players. From brain to mouth, ain't no mind tricks being played about this by Gary.

Anybody see Tate tonight? Forsett? Hell, I'm even worried about how Wade waits until the end of the game to put Mercilus into action.

This is an organization that travels at the pace of a glacier....no sudden moves, no quick-twitch reactions. And some people say the result in the field is ON THE PLAYERS? Who taught them to not worry, hakuna matata! No worries for the rest of your life?!?!

Tate is as good as gone. And I don't blame him. For as good as he might have it on this team, he probably is just a bit hungrier than the status quo. I think there's a lot of bad **** going on there with Tate and Kubiak and the whole fallout that's been happening with it all.

But, the crew on Kirby are C.I.A.'ish about it. Nothing to see here...we're just, uh, running an exercise, that's all. Pay no attention to what you see. Things are fine! Fine, I tell ya'. Right track and all that jazz, Texans Worthy!

Watching JJ Watt is about the only thing I can count upon bringing me any really satisfaction as a fan. And I said that, too, about Cushing. Same person those two. Relentless, professional from beginning to end, would die for everyone if they had to. Leave nothing on the field. Balls to the wall. 24/7.

This team, and I've said it awhile now, it MUST get a superstar QB who can basically go out, win, and make it on his own...without needing Gary's approval for every single thing. You have to have a QB, here, who is not afraid to show up the head coach. Good luck on THAT happening, btw.
I hear you GP. Like I said. Currently Gary is likely meant what he said about Matt however, give some time and reality may kicks in for Gary. I really like for us to look for QB with legs and a decent arm strength. If Matt had some legs today, the game would be much closer IMO.

Surreal McCoy
01-14-2013, 12:06 AM
I must say, many of the criticisms I have read about Schaub the last 4 weeks sound amazingly the same as some of the criticisms that were being raised about David carr his last two seasons here. Kinda makes me wonder if the old QB Guru Kubiak actually turns QB's great or if maybe the reason he couldn't work with Carr was because Carr was already what his finished product would be...
However, I also am wondering if anybody really believed the Texans had a snowball's chance in a blast furnace of beating the Pats tonight. The better team clearly won the game.
At any rate all of our disgust is for naught. After a 12-4 season neither Schaub nor Kubiak are going anywhere

And rightly so.

Rey
01-14-2013, 12:10 AM
Tebow played better in last year's play-offs than Peyton did this year. If you're "watching them pay" you can't deny that.

No point in debating if you think Tebow played better than manning in last years play offs.

Tebow did nothing until he threw that short slant that Thomas took the distance. Against the patriots he was awful.

But using your logic, Matt got no further and did nothing that Yates didn't do. In fact Yates was actually closer to winning than schaub was.

MEGA SWATT
01-14-2013, 12:11 AM
And rightly so.

Not Matt. He needs to take the next train out of houston.

GNTLEWOLF
01-14-2013, 12:12 AM
Love it GP, and agree wholeheartedly. How do teams like San Fran and Seattle do it, yet the Texans seem to get the Carrs and Schaubs?
Schaub was just a tiny step up from Carr. We need a monumental step up from Schaub. This team will never compete with the likes of Green Bay, NE, San Fran, Seattle, New York, if that one major issue is not addressed.
Maybe they should send some scouts to San Fran and Seattle to see how exactly they were able to do what Houston Cannot.
Thinking back on the Oilers, did they ever acquire that elite QB?
Pastorini, nope.
Ken Stabler, just a tad washed up when we got him, if I recall correctly.
Warren, good, probably better than Schaub.
Nobody wants to compare the Oilers to our Texans.

Isn't it funny that you mention Seattle as one of the NFL elites? Seriously, two years ago many people thought of them as a joke. Even last year they were just that team that was on the verge of making the next step. They rolled the dice, traded for a QB that as a back-up to AAron rogers showed a lot of promise then rolled the dice again and drafted the rookie that became the starter. They have gone from near joke to NFL elite in about 3 years. All the while the Texans have been trudging along at a snails pace...always on the right track.
Oh well, I guess for some 12-4 and winning one play-off game is good enough.

AJ-80
01-14-2013, 12:15 AM
Not Matt. He needs to take the next train out of houston.
I think it should be the other way around. Kubiak deserves to get out of town more so than Shaub.

GNTLEWOLF
01-14-2013, 12:18 AM
And rightly so.

I have to tell you... as much as I would like to see Kubiak replaced, I have to agree that it would be fool hardy to fire a coach whose team posted a 12-4 record. There are many teams that would love that success.
I'm just wanting the Texans to become Champions of the NFL, and I have my doubts about Kubiak's capabilities at getting that job done.

Hookem Horns
01-14-2013, 12:19 AM
I think it should be the other way around. Kubiak deserves to get out of town more so than Shaub.

This team will never achieve greatness with either one. I would mortgage my house on that one.

Vinny
01-14-2013, 12:22 AM
This team will never achieve greatness with either one. I would mortgage my house on that one.
but would you get a commission in doing so?

thunderkyss
01-14-2013, 12:22 AM
Does anyone remember the Broncos game? I honestly thought we had our QB there for a second.

Do we even need to look back that far? When he felt he had to, he let the ball fly today. I saw a couple of throws he probably could have waited on, but by the time I looked back at Schaub, he was on his back.

Schaub has consitently looked good when we went with a hurry up offense. We have consistently not gone with a hurry up offense.

Schaub has consistently looked good when lined up 3+ WRs. We have consistently not lined up 3+ WRs.

& it's not just Schaub, but OD, Walter, AJ, Arian, they all look better when playing aggresively. Sure, there were a lot of "execution" problems when we run the "controlled" offense. But they have more space to catch & run when we put more receivers on the field.

I like Kubiak (been awhile since I said that & I don't know if I believe it) & I like the "control" philosophy, but when you've got a stable of stallions, don't treat them like mules.

I think we should let the offense run through Schaub & let Arian be our "back up" our safety valve. Running it through Arian & expecting Schaub to save us isn't working.

MasterCush
01-14-2013, 12:31 AM
He looks like a doofis.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/oqhru

Mr teX
01-14-2013, 12:33 AM
Im just about to the point i just want to see matt get shipped outta here just so some folks in here can see that the issues with this team are beyond him....that finding an upgrade isnt as easy as they think...im to the point im willing to see this team take a huge step back just so people can shut up.

We went thru this same stuff with mario last year...people swearing up and down that we'd be ok without him....how barwin was gonna step up....how we wont miss his production we can draft someone...blah blah blah....well a whole season later, our pass rush is pretty much trash outside of 1guy on the d-line and our starting olbs combined for a whopping 11 sacks between all 3....mario put up those numbers by himself....

Vinny
01-14-2013, 12:34 AM
He looks like a doofis.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/oqhru

doofus is spelled with a u isn't it?

Norg
01-14-2013, 12:36 AM
schaub signed a contract extension last year sadly he aint going no where he will be right here agian next year

AJ-80
01-14-2013, 12:37 AM
Im just about to the point i just want to see matt get shipped outta here just so some folks in here can see that the issues with this team are beyond him....that finding an upgrade isnt as easy as they think...im to the point im willing to see this team take a huge step back just so people can shut up.

We went thru this same stuff with mario last year...people swearing up and down that we'd be ok without him....how barwin was gonna step up....how we wont miss his production we can draft someone...blah blah blah....well a whole season later, our pass rush is pretty much trash outside of 1guy on the d-line and our starting olbs combined for a whopping 11 sacks between all 3....mario put up those numbers by himself....
I completely agree with this. Who is the better option to Shaub? No one has an answer. Mario was the anchor of our defense and no one gave him credit for it. He commanded attention and it opened up a lot of easy tackles for Barwin and others.

Norg
01-14-2013, 12:40 AM
the sad thing is This year the QB Free agency and the QB class does not look that good

so yall want Schaub benched or out of town cool who do yall want to replace him ...????

midway
01-14-2013, 12:46 AM
No reason IMO to have Schaub locked in as the #1 guy moving forward.

$$$$$

Mr teX
01-14-2013, 12:55 AM
I completely agree with this. Who is the better option to Shaub? No one has an answer. Mario was the anchor of our defense and no one gave him credit for it. He commanded attention and it opened up a lot of easy tackles for Barwin and others.

It was the same with the rockets and t-mac with fans In this city. people cried for 3-4 years about how t-mac wasnt doing this or that in the playoffs even though dudes numbers actually went up in those times...the rest of the team just couldn't do much to help him..so morey got him outta here and fans rejoiced in the streets. 3 years of lottery picks, a new coach, numerous failed advances towards other superstars and record setting dwindling attendance numbers later, we finally got that superstar....or so we think anyway. It remains to be seen if he'll be able to take us where we ultimately have been trying to go...his last foray in the playoffs though, he kinda disappeared...fans will never learn. I wonder if they'll turn on him too.

Texecutioner
01-14-2013, 12:58 AM

Mario was the anchor of our defense? Since when? He was supposed to be, but never could measure up. Watt is the anchor to our defense and what Mario was supposed to be. Barwin didn't have a great season until he played without Mario. The Texans never had a great defense until Mario wasn't on the field. Now he is sure lighting it up in Buffalo.

dream_team
01-14-2013, 12:59 AM

I almost agree with you... I hate seeing the Texans lose just to make a point.

I don't know why Schaub is the scapegoat here? Sure, he didin't have a great game, but are you seriously saying he's the #1 reason we lost this game? How about the defense giving up 41 points? The Patriots average 34 points/game, but somehow this top notch defense gives up even more? ILBs covering running backs? Not prepared for the hurry up offense? Harris covering their best receiver? They couldn't stop the Pats offense to even give the Texans a chance at a comeback.

I'm not blaming this game on the defense, but I'm just saying there's alot more problems on this team than just Schaub.

thunderkyss
01-14-2013, 01:08 AM
I also am wondering if anybody really believed the Texans had a snowball's chance in a blast furnace of beating the Pats tonight. The better team clearly won the game.

I did. I honestly thought Barwin was going to step up. I thought Kareem & Harris was going to shut down Welker. I thought Joseph or Manning was going to return one for 6. & I thought Arian was going to have a career day.

None of that happened & the only one who stepped up today was Schaub. The guy we knew couldn't do it on his own. I also thought Kubiak was gojng to step up and let it hang out, I'm most disappointed in him today.

Honestly, if Matt played like that in the Bengals game wouldnt you be satisfied with his performance? I know I would. Next to Brady he looked like hammered dog turd but that game would have beat Manning today.

midway
01-14-2013, 01:11 AM
I did. I honestly thought Barwin was going to step up. I thought Kareem & Harris was going to shut down Welker. I thought Joseph or Manning was going to return one for 6. & I thought Arian was going to have a career day.

None of that happened & the only one who stepped up today was Schaub. The guy we knew couldn't do it on his own. I also thought Kubiak was gojng to step up and let it hang out, I'm most disappointed in him today.

Honestly, if Matt played like that in the Bengals game wouldnt you be satisfied with his performance? I know I would. Next to Brady he looked like hammered dog turd but that game would have beat Manning today.

Schaub... stepped up? I need some of what you're smoking.

Vinny
01-14-2013, 01:11 AM
Schaub... stepped up? I need some of what you're smoking. I think that's a natural high

fiasco west
01-14-2013, 01:13 AM

So true. You don't know what you have until it's gone... I think the same can be said about Kubiak if you look at what the Chargers did...or if the Falcons go on and win then same thing but opposite directions...

People were ready to get Mario out of here just because he's not a rah rah guy. He battles through injuries and actually looks worse because of that tendency to try to play through them.

But yeah, Mario is better than all of our other LBs not named Cushing by far. He looked even better in Wade's system too.

Too bad about the cap...personally though I'd rather give the big contract to Mario over Schaub. I mean our pass rush would be downright scary with him and Watt and Smith and it wouldn't even be fair.

leebigeztx
01-14-2013, 01:19 AM
In the salary cap age, its impossible to build a team with no holes to cover up for the qb. The 49ers tried it last yr and almost worked until they went 1 for 13 on 3rd down. To me, qbs earn their money on 3rd down,red zone production. When you construct a plodding,methodical,ball control offense, you better convert 3rd downs and you better score tds. Matt Schaub has never been good in the red zone mainly because of his limitations. Unless you can draft a young andre, have a young gonzales,a top 5 ol, top 5 smotherin defense, you can't win big games in the playoffs with schaub.

I laughed a lot when posters said they would've beat ravens last with schaub as if they didn't see the regular season game. In the big moments, schaub is loking to fail. Look at that fumble tonight. He was trying to give up on the play, but somehow got out of it and still fumbled. Teams know if they put the game on schaub, he's gonna fail. If they pressure him, its either a negative play or a 0. Its not that hard, nor is the roster perfect, but its a lot better than 85 % of the rosters in the nfl.

thunderkyss
01-14-2013, 01:23 AM

I'm a Mario fan, but check this ut. Not only did Watt have a monster season, but Antonio had a career season & a prettg damn good one for a 3-4 De or a 4-3 DT. But the outside guys still couldn't find a sack lookng inside a paper bag.

Vinny
01-14-2013, 01:26 AM
I'm a Mario fan, but check this ut. Not only did Watt have a monster season, but Antonio had a career season & a prettg damn good one for a 3-4 De or a 4-3 DT. But the outside guys still couldn't find a sack lookng inside a paper bag.yeah, you would think the edge rushers would at least stumble into a few sacks this season.

Mr teX
01-14-2013, 01:28 AM
So true. You don't know what you have until it's gone... I think the same can be said about Kubiak if you look at what the Chargers did...or if the Falcons go on and win then same thing but opposite directions...

People were ready to get Mario out of here just because he's not a rah rah guy. He battles through injuries and actually looks worse because of that tendency to try to play through them.

But yeah, Mario is better than all of our other LBs not named Cushing by far. He looked even better in Wade's system too.

Too bad about the cap...personally though I'd rather give the big contract to Mario over Schaub. I mean our pass rush would be downright scary with him and Watt and Smith and it wouldn't even be fair.

Bottom line is between barwin, mercilus and reed we got very little production and u cant have that out of those positions in wades defense....

thunderkyss
01-14-2013, 01:34 AM
Schaub... stepped up? I need some of what you're smoking.

I know it's difficukt to see right now with all the hate flying around but he was by far our best player on offense today. He looked retarded trying to scramble for yardage or work outside the pocket. But at least he tried.

Askng him to extend drives with his legs or dodge pass rushers & make plays isn't a good game plan. When we put a bunch of receivers on the field & stepped up the tempo he looked like a startinv QB. Not his fault the guy running the show didn't maximize on what Schaub does well & tried to make him play someone elses game.

fiasco west
01-14-2013, 01:35 AM
Bottom line is between barwin, mercilus and reed we got very little production and u cant have that out of those positions in wades defense....

I give Mercilus a pass...he's a rookie and this team should be past relying on rookies to play over their heads.

Reed was in and out, but doesn't have a excuse.

Barwin was horrible. Especially it being his contract year. I've rarely seen a guy play horribly in a contract year like he has.

AndyWin
01-14-2013, 01:37 AM
Schaub's not gonna be able to make enough plays for us to win. He's a decent QB, but after watching Brady, Ryan, Flacco, Kaepernick, Wilson, etc... make big plays and get the ball DOWN field... I realized the Texans were lightyears behind these other teams on offense.

Our offense runs like molasses.

Vinny
01-14-2013, 01:38 AM
I know it's difficukt to see right now with all the hate flying around but he was by far our best player on offense today. He looked retarded trying to scramble for yardage or work outside the pocket. But at least he tried.

Askng him to extend drives with his legs or dodge pass rushers & make plays isn't a good game plan. When we put a bunch of receivers on the field & stepped up the tempo he looked like a startinv QB. Not his fault the guy running the show didn't maximize on what Schaub does well & tried to make him play someone elses game.yeah, that is a hard one to see all right. What sold you? That lackadaisical ten min drive when the game was over? The slow mosey huddles when the team was down 18 with less than a full 4th quarter to go? Was it when he threw the 3rd down (and 4) pass out of bounds as soon as he beat the pass rush? Was it when he snapped his scoreless streak at 19 quarters without a TD pass?....in garbage time. Perhaps the moon-walk fumble double-dribble as he bought some time with his feet?

http://www.csnne.com/football-new-england-patriots/patriots-talk/Schaubs-shaky-performance-the-elephant-i?blockID=823145&feedID=3352

Mr teX
01-14-2013, 01:38 AM
In the salary cap age, its impossible to build a team with no holes to cover up for the qb. The 49ers tried it last yr and almost worked until they went 1 for 13 on 3rd down. To me, qbs earn their money on 3rd down,red zone production. When you construct a plodding,methodical,ball control offense, you better convert 3rd downs and you better score tds. Matt Schaub has never been good in the red zone mainly because of his limitations. Unless you can draft a young andre, have a young gonzales,a top 5 ol, top 5 smotherin defense, you can't win big games in the playoffs with schaub.

I laughed a lot when posters said they would've beat ravens last with schaub as if they didn't see the regular season game. In the big moments, schaub is loking to fail. Look at that fumble tonight. He was trying to give up on the play, but somehow got out of it and still fumbled. Teams know if they put the game on schaub, he's gonna fail. If they pressure him, its either a negative play or a 0. Its not that hard, nor is the roster perfect, but its a lot better than 85 % of the rosters in the nfl.

But this is the case for every single qb in the league not named brady, manning, rothlisberger, rodgers and brees. I could take your post scratch out schaub's name and put matt ryan, joe flacco or any 25 other starting qbs in the nfl not named the above mentionedtop 5 and it would be just as valid. Hell up until today matt ryan was thought to be this huge choke artist in atl.. U gotta put these things into perspective man.

midway
01-14-2013, 01:44 AM

Askng him to extend drives with his legs or dodge pass rushers & make plays isn't a good game plan. When we put a bunch of receivers on the field & stepped up the tempo he looked like a startinv QB. Not his fault the guy running the show didn't maximize on what Schaub does well & tried to make him play someone elses game.

He didn't show up until after we were down by 20+ points. Garbage time stats don't mean ****.

AndyWin
01-14-2013, 01:48 AM
He didn't show up until after we were down by 20+ points. Garbage time stats don't mean ****.

Exactly, all these Schaub loyalists are throwing stats out from today's game. How about we get the ball DOWN field earlier in the game instead of punting every series then being down 3+ scores? Trash points and stats are such a mind fogger, it's amazing.

MEGA SWATT
01-14-2013, 01:55 AM
But this is the case for every single qb in the league not named brady, manning, rothlisberger, rodgers and brees. I could take your post scratch out schaub's name and put matt ryan, joe flacco or any 25 other starting qbs in the nfl not named the above mentionedtop 5 and it would be just as valid. Hell up until today matt ryan was thought to be this huge choke artist in atl.. U gotta put these things into perspective man.

I agree with you on Matt Ryan.

I also agree with whom you're responding with when he said - MS needs more weapons. I've been ripping him hard the last few hours. Now, I'm accepting that he is here for the next few years. Given this, we MUST put weapons around him. #2 WR, TEs, #2 RB, FBs, shore up the o-line etc etc.

James Casey really let down MS in the opening minutes....and that just can't happen. MS has to really work on his decision making and read the defense better. If that bo-legged freak in Dallas can run a bit.....MS should be able to here and there.....run and slide:pissed:

leebigeztx
01-14-2013, 04:36 AM

No one in their right mind has asked matt schaub to be rodgers,brees,big ben,eli,or any of the top guys,but what people are pissing and moaning about is his negative plays under pressure. Any time he gets any pressure,its a negative play or no play. As I've said earlier,qbs earn their money in the red zone and 3rd down. Matt has been garbage all year and when the team is setup like it is,the qb has to be effecient. No one expects him to escape the pocket and make aaron rodgers type throws,but why can't he climb and slide in the pocket to buy time. When his 1st read is gone,that play is over. He can't reset his feet and get to another wr option. So as I said,if kubes is gonna ride the schaub train,the wr better be like a young andre,the te better be like a young gates,the slot needs to be welker like,the ol needs to be like sf,and the defense needs to be like pittsburgh of 4 yrs ago. If you can't achieve all of that,you have no chance of smelling a superbowl with matt schaub.

Mr teX
01-14-2013, 07:37 AM
No one in their right mind has asked matt schaub to be rodgers,brees,big ben,eli,or any of the top guys,but what people are pissing and moaning about is his negative plays under pressure. Any time he gets any pressure,its a negative play or no play. As I've said earlier,qbs earn their money in the red zone and 3rd down. Matt has been garbage all year and when the team is setup like it is,the qb has to be effecient. No one expects him to escape the pocket and make aaron rodgers type throws,but why can't he climb and slide in the pocket to buy time. When his 1st read is gone,that play is over. He can't reset his feet and get to another wr option. So as I said,if kubes is gonna ride the schaub train,the wr better be like a young andre,the te better be like a young gates,the slot needs to be welker like,the ol needs to be like sf,and the defense needs to be like pittsburgh of 4 yrs ago. If you can't achieve all of that,you have no chance of smelling a superbowl with matt schaub.

1st of all, getting outside of the pocket, escaping pressure and throwing the ball away isn't considered a " negative" play...this is what schaub does 90% of the time and its what most non running qb's do at least 80% of the time...if anything its a positive that they avoided taking the sack for negative yards.

2nd of all, Rodgers, Brees, Big Ben and Eli is exactly who you guys are asking him to be though b/c those guys along with a few others are the only ones who consistently make positive, downfield plays when the pressure is on. That is y those guys are considered who they are.......elite. This is fine if this is what u want; hell i want it too...i'm just smart enough to know that our team doesnt have an elite qb...so i dont expect him to do elite things. I'm also smart enough to know that this team isnt built this way and that coming across elite qb's is about as hit or miss as schaub's deep ball.

You cant count Wilson, Kap and RG3 just yet b/c they havent been in the league long enough yet.

ChrisG
01-14-2013, 07:50 AM
1st of all, getting outside of the pocket, escaping pressure and throwing the ball away isn't considered a " negative" play...this is what schaub does 90% of the time and its what most non running qb's do at least 80% of the time...if anything its a positive that they avoided taking the sack for negative yards. .

Only problem is it was on 3rd down. So even if he took a sack we were still punting. Should have looked up and saw at least 3 receivers were open

thunderkyss
01-14-2013, 08:37 AM
Exactly, all these Schaub loyalists are throwing stats out from today's game. How about we get the ball DOWN field earlier in the game instead of punting every series then being down 3+ scores? Trash points and stats are such a mind fogger, it's amazing.

He threw a TD pass on his first throw of the game. Not his fault Casey doesn't catch the most catchable ball I've seen in a play-off game.

As far as throwing the ball downfield, I've got to look at the all-22 before I blame Schaub. I still don't believe he needs to force the ball down field.

I'm not a Schaub loyalist, I've been saying he sucked for a long time. I'm just not going to dump on him because all of a sudden he's not Ben Roethlisberger. He is who he is & just like everyone else, he needs to be put in a position to succeed. He's better with a spread, hurry up offense. Why don't we see a spread hurry up offense when we know he has to have a big game?

He's made some big throws this season, when the bootleg worked & we had receivers running wide open down field....... I didn't even see any of that yesterday.

Asking Matt to stiff arm defensive ends (which he did) to get outside the pocket & still make a play is asinine & that's what we did yesterday. Don't blame Matt, blame the offensive guru who called that crap.

Until I see Kubiak putt Matt in a position to succeed & then Matt fails, I'm not going to blame him for not being able to do what we know he can't do.

End of the first half, that's what Matt needs to be successful, we went there he was successful, my biggest question now, is why we didn't do more of it?

Keep in mind, everyone said Matt has to have a big game to have a chance. If Matt has to have a big game, if Matt has to have his biggest game of the season, why is he not put in position to do what he does best?

mussop
01-14-2013, 08:43 AM

That's because the middle of our defense is horrible. We get ZERO PUSH UP THE MIDDLE. Between the hacks we have splitting time at ILB and Cody we are so weak up the middle it's pathetic. When the QB can step up in the pocket it makes it harder for the outside guys to get to him.

With the year Watt and Smith had our middle guys should of bad career years getti g to the QB. Just shows how bad they are.

And this talk about Mario is a joke. His biggest problem is that he wants to be a speed rusher. He just wants to run around the outside doing a big loop. Most of his sacks came because pressure up the middle forced the QB to step back into his path. He has no moves to get to the QB even after all these years. He would have done no better in barwins place this year than Barwin did.

This is why people shouldn't look just at stats. Do your homework. Go to the Bills message board and see what they think of Mario.

thunderkyss
01-14-2013, 08:44 AM

I think we have an issue with so many people arguing so many different things, but there are people saying Matt should be able to get out the pocket & make a play, ala Rogers. & your comment there about resetting his feet..... makes it sound like you are as well.

Matt used to be pretty good stepping up & to the side & delivering strikes while taking hits. Something changed this year.... actually after the Broncos game, maybe because I remember him working the pocket & delivering bombs despite getting his ear torn off.

gtexan02
01-14-2013, 08:54 AM
James Casey. Wide open. 1st play. Ball hits his hands, pads, and helmet. Did schaub throw too hard for him?

GP
01-14-2013, 09:50 AM

This ^^^.

Honoring Earl 34
01-14-2013, 10:00 AM
In a league where there is a cap , the guys who are paid the most have to be able to cover for the lesser paids short comings . Casey dropped a TD and then the next pass ends up in the 1st row . I bet the Texans lead the league in gaining 3 yards on a 3rd and 8 .

gtexan02
01-14-2013, 10:12 AM
I've been seeing Schaub supporters throw out 330+ yards with 2 TDs and only 1 INT to defend Schaub.
At the same time, the Schaub detractors have said that stats are meaningless -- especially in garbage time.

Schaub supporters have pointed to the 40+ points our defense has given up to the Patriots both times as being insurmountable
Schaub detractors have blamed the stalling offense for giving the Patriots easy scoring opportunities.

I remember reading a few months ago that yards per attempt by the QB, and opposing yards per attempt (for the defense), were two of the most predictive statistics in the NFL. QB rating and opposing QB rating are of course more correlative with wins, but those have scores built in so the statistics are somewhat circular.

Anyway, since the Patriots game, here is how our team stacks up in yards per attempts:
7.25 Schaub 8.5 Brady (loss)
8.42 Schaub 6.9 Luck (win)
5.56 Schaub 5.8 Ponder (loss)
7.64 Schaub 6.8 Luck (loss)
6.90 Schaub 4.2 Dalton (win)
6.73 Schaub 8.6 Brady (loss)

Before the Pats game Schaub's yards per attempts was 7.3. After it was 7.1

Before the Pats game our defense was giving up 6.3 yards per attempt. After it was 6.8.

Some of Schaubs numbers are padded by garbage time. To me it looks like our defense and offense were never playing well at the same time. When we held the opponents passing game in check (Minn), our offense was awful. When we moved the ball ok, we either committed turnovers or gave up a ton of points on defense.

Thats one other thing these stats don't take into account: Turnovers. Schaub threw a costly INT in this game. He had two horrible picks against Indy as well. YPA only matters if turnovers are roughly equal. When you lose the turnover battle, you have to be extra good. Our offense started giving the ball away at the same time our defense forgot how to make plays on the ball.

GuerillaBlack
01-14-2013, 10:16 AM
It was the same with the rockets and t-mac with fans In this city. people cried for 3-4 years about how t-mac wasnt doing this or that in the playoffs even though dudes numbers actually went up in those times...the rest of the team just couldn't do much to help him..so morey got him outta here and fans rejoiced in the streets. 3 years of lottery picks, a new coach, numerous failed advances towards other superstars and record setting dwindling attendance numbers later, we finally got that superstar....or so we think anyway. It remains to be seen if he'll be able to take us where we ultimately have been trying to go...his last foray in the playoffs though, he kinda disappeared...fans will never learn. I wonder if they'll turn on him too.

Don't think you watched the NBA playoffs last year because Harden carried the Thunder to the finals. He held the ball in crunch time in the first three rounds, not Westbrook or Durant. He was breaking down defenses. And it only took the Rockets three years, while they played .500 ball with a relatively young team. They aren't afraid to make changes and are quick to react. It is not fair to compare the Texans and Rockets because the Rockets are much better run while the Texans are okay with the status quo. At least the Rockets tried to get a superstar and finally got one. The Texans didn't even talk to Manning.

thunderkyss
01-14-2013, 10:20 AM
Thats one other thing these stats don't take into account: Turnovers. Schaub threw a costly INT in this game. He had two horrible picks against Indy as well. YPA only matters if turnovers are roughly equal. When you lose the turnover battle, you have to be extra good. Our offense started giving the ball away at the same time our defense forgot how to make plays on the ball.

I don't know how, but I forgot his fumble as well.

I made a comment earlier, that Schaub played better than Peyton since Peyton threw 2 INTs & lost a fumble. I was wrong, Schaub threw an Int & lost a fumble, so if he played any better, we're talking about polishing a turd here. Peyton threw 3 TDs to Schaub's 2 so that makes up for the extra Int.

Hervoyel
01-14-2013, 11:01 AM
I was thinking of making a Matt Schaub "Waterboy" picture where I'd photoshop Matt's head onto Bobby Boucher's body or maybe shop that big water rig he carried around onto Matt. Ok, it was a cheesy thought but I really was thinking that the best place for Matt on this team is distributing "High Quality H2O" instead of fumbles and picks.

That's when this showed up in Google Image Search.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p231/yourmomsbox_2006/Waterboy_3.jpg

Matt Schaub bears more than a passing resemblance to Bobby Boucher's dad. Now I can't unsee this so I pass the problem on to all of you. Enjoy!

DX-TEX
01-14-2013, 11:22 AM
Schaubs contract ends the same year Luck becomes a free agent....coincidence?

silvrhand
01-14-2013, 11:30 AM
You have to ask yourself, are you happy with just having a good season and getting into the playoffs, or do you want to win a superbowl.

Jim Harbaugh has the balls to make those decisions, Kubiak, well not so much, Bellichick cut a guy the day before the superbowl..

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/patriots-heartlessly-release-tiquan-underwood-eve-super-bowl-004651704.html

TexanSam
01-14-2013, 11:57 AM
My gut tells me the Texans will draft Schuab's replacement in next year's draft. I think next year is Schuab's last year as a Texan. They aren't going to release him since he's all we got right now and he still has a lot of money left on his contract, but after next season the cap hit won't be as bad. For now, I think the Texans will try and improve other positions and hope for the best with Schaub as QB next season.

Exascor
01-14-2013, 12:03 PM
I admit it. I have QB envy. I have trouble looking at any team and not projecting success with their QB on the Texans. Matt Schaub is limited enough that he'll rarely if ever win a game by himself. I know we'll end up with Schaub for 2013 but it's time to start weighing the options for the future.

thunderkyss
01-14-2013, 12:45 PM
You have to ask yourself, are you happy with just having a good season and getting into the playoffs, or do you want to win a superbowl.

Jim Harbaugh has the balls to make those decisions, Kubiak, well not so much, Bellichick cut a guy the day before the superbowl..

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/patriots-heartlessly-release-tiquan-underwood-eve-super-bowl-004651704.html

eh..... chances are Harbaugh does not draft Kaepernick if he knew they would get to the NFC Championship game.

After I just typed that, I had to stop & think. When they hired Harbaugh, he looked at Smith & by draft time, he knew Smith couldn't get him to the NFC Championship game. I don't think Harbaugh was wrong as much as Smith played above his ceiling & that's the point isn't it.

1. Harbaugh knows who Alex Smith is.
2. Players play above their ceiling for him.

Forget whatever argument I thought I might have.

Honoring Earl 34
01-14-2013, 01:06 PM
eh..... chances are Harbaugh does not draft Kaepernick if he knew they would get to the NFC Championship game.

After I just typed that, I had to stop & think. When they hired Harbaugh, he looked at Smith & by draft time, he knew Smith couldn't get him to the NFC Championship game. I don't think Harbaugh was wrong as much as Smith played above his ceiling & that's the point isn't it.

1. Harbaugh knows who Alex Smith is.
2. Players play above their ceiling for him.

Forget whatever argument I thought I might have.

Kaepernick has a ton of talent and he can hurt you in many ways as a 2nd rd pick . He plays behind an OL with three 1st rd picks . Matt Ryan was the 3rd pick in the draft and they gave him a ton of weapons . Its about allocating your capspace .

GlenRice
01-14-2013, 06:49 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/ab9434bd851c5c361a7809d72074651f/tumblr_inline_mgn0pb4lu21qggtaq.gif

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mf1l80ldcg1rv7qi4.gif

http://media.tumblr.com/591e73a35f0e1c14901c38621def255d/tumblr_inline_mgbd0rO0KN1rafimg.gif

Luv_ya_blue
01-14-2013, 06:49 PM
Do you have a link?

ATXtexanfan
01-14-2013, 06:51 PM
financially?

GlenRice
01-14-2013, 06:52 PM
Do you have a link?

610 radio interview with him this morning.

SheTexan
01-14-2013, 06:52 PM
Did you HAVE TO START ANOTHER THREAD!!!!!????? Geeeeezzzzz, there's Schaub bashing going on all over this place!!

Marcus
01-14-2013, 06:54 PM
He DID NOT say he was elite. I dare anyone to prove me wrong.

Wolf
01-14-2013, 06:55 PM
You sure you didnt read the Q and A thread that Gary had from 2010

And it got bumped today?

infantrycak
01-14-2013, 07:07 PM
Presser after the game he was asked

"Of all the quarterbacks who have won this weekend, is there any doubt in your mind you belong with them?"

His answer

"Absolutely no doubt in my mind, I belong up there with EVERY ONE of them"

That would include Brady, which would make him putting himself in the elite category.

Have to go to houstontexans.com and watch the video of he and Gary after the game ... comments are at the end.

This is such BS. If he had said "no I'm not that good" you would be slagging him for that. Plus he didn't say he was elite.

dream_team
01-14-2013, 07:09 PM
This is such BS. If he had said "no I'm not that good" you would be slagging him for that. Plus he didn't say he was elite.

I don't know about you guys, but I want a QB that has confidence in himself.

Surreal McCoy
01-14-2013, 07:11 PM
This is such BS. If he had said "no I'm not that good" you would be slagging him for that.

And that is the crux of this whole 'argument', which I hesitate to call it as much. It's really not about performance, it's entirely about their impression of what a QB should be like. Honestly, some of these muppets would rather have Philip Rivers because he throws tantrums (like they do) and attempts to blame all around. Philip flippin Rivers :spin:

Surreal McCoy
01-14-2013, 07:12 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I want a QB that has confidence in himself.

hohoho. They'll be saying he doesn't really have confidence in himself and only said that for the cameras in 3...2...1...

infantrycak
01-14-2013, 07:19 PM
I was answering someones question. I didn't start the thread making a big deal out of what he said. Feel free to go through all of my posts and bash everything I say at will .... you don't fool anyone.

Fool anyone about what? I have essentially stayed out of the Schaub debate.

If the poster who had brought this "elite" claim up I would have quoted him instead and had the same reply.

Lucky
01-14-2013, 07:27 PM
I think next year is Schuab's last year as a Texan. They aren't going to release him since he's all we got right now and he still has a lot of money left on his contract, but after next season the cap hit won't be as bad.
Asbad as if they released Schaub this offseason? No, that would be cap suicide. But, Schaub's contract will still cause over $10 mil in dead money if he is released in the 2014 offseason. Unless Schaub become bionic, this contract will cripple the Texans.

thunderkyss
01-14-2013, 10:03 PM
On the Matt Schaub show he was asked what made him elite & he spewed out a bunch of stuff. There's a thread talking about that already. Title says something about Matt answers questions, or Matt Schaub show.

PapaL
01-14-2013, 11:07 PM
On the Matt Schaub show he was asked what made him elite & he spewed out a bunch of stuff. There's a thread talking about that already. Title says something about Matt answers questions, or Matt Schaub show.

Wait...he has a show?!? Thank God I'm not a listener or near.

ThaJokaa
01-14-2013, 11:36 PM
It was on 610am in the morning, probably around 8am

I thought it was funny cuz the reason he gave are some of the reason people dont like him and think he's conservative

Marcus
01-15-2013, 12:23 AM
I responded when someone said he had never done that and to prove him wrong.

Matt said after the game he belonged in the same category as Tom Brady.

That to me is saying he is elite comparing himself to arguably the best who has ever played the game.

Such bullsh!t! I could care less what you might infer or interpret, in your opinion, as to what he said.

The thread title is a lie. Show me where he was quoted, saying that he was "elite".

Again, prove me wrong.

Texecutioner
01-15-2013, 11:36 AM
So, in your little world, if some says "I am exactly like Jesus" ... you have to wait for them to say "I am the son of God" before accepting what they mean?

Ok ...

You took his words and twisted them into making it seem like he anointed himself as some elite QB in the NFL which he did not. He was asked a question of whether or not if he belonged amongst some of the best QB's in this league or not. He said yes, that he felt that he did belong with them. What the hell else was he supposed to say? No, they're way better then me, and I'm not worthy of any comparisons and slouch in his chair with his head down after that? He said what any rational person would expect him to say when asked that question.

He never once claimed that he was elite as you have tried to put it though. You twisted it to take a dig at Schaub like you do every day.

Dread-Head
01-15-2013, 11:42 AM
Schaub is kind of like Tony Romo. He's not a BAD QB but he's not a starter. He's that guy who should be relegated to being a "commander Cody". Keep him in reserves for when your main guy is down. He can do a stellar job in a few games, but he's not the top guy because he can't carry the team on his back OR fire them up to win in "no win" situations.

GP
01-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Wait...he has a show?!? Thank God I'm not a listener or near.

I tried to catch the signal on my radio, but.......

80tothezone
01-15-2013, 12:08 PM
boooooo.

Yea lets not compare matt schaub to great qbs. lets compare him to joe flacoo and tony romo.

smdh....

Houstonians need to get off this path to perpetual mediocrity.

Why can we expect schaub to be as great as the other qbs?

even more important,

Why cant we start planning to draft and look for the qb of the future while schaub plays out his contract?

Why would that be so bad?

A 13 win season isn't mediocre. 8-8 is mediocre 9-7 is mediocre. We need receivers not a quarterback. After Dre none of our receivers are better than their corner backs. Schaub threw for 4000+ this yr.

Marcus
01-15-2013, 12:51 PM
So, in your little world, if some says "I am exactly like Jesus" ... you have to wait for them to say "I am the son of God" before accepting what they mean?

Ok ...

The thread title "Schaub stated he was elite" was a lie and you know it.

Well, on second thought, maybe you really don't. Being that you're such a lying coward yourself, (go get drunk and go slide down the escalator) I guess you really don't know the difference.

dream_team
01-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Yeah one thing I will give him, he is good at padding his stats.

He has single handedly convinced me that stats really don't mean much ...

When did he pad his stats?

If you want to talk about padding stats, Brady is the king of that!

HoustonFrog
01-15-2013, 02:23 PM
When did he pad his stats?

If you want to talk about padding stats, Brady is the king of that!

How does Brady pad stats when they are throwing from the word go?

Look at his situational stats by quarter. Pretty consistent

http://www.nfl.com/player/tombrady/2504211/situationalstats

I haven't paid as much attention but Schaub got a huge amount of stats padding 2 years back when they were behind all the time until the 4th and had to throw non-stop. This year he seems fine.

http://www.nfl.com/player/mattschaub/2505982/situationalstats

EDIT: Here is Schaub 2010...big 4th quarter padding as stated

http://www.nfl.com/player/mattschaub/2505982/situationalstats?season=2010

Mr teX
01-15-2013, 02:29 PM

I haven't paid as much attention but Schaub got a huge amount of stats padding 2 years back when they were behind all the time until the 4th and had to throw non-stop. The last 2 years I have no clue because the above metrics isn't pulling up on NFL.com for those years. This year he seems fine

I consider stat padding when you're throwing the ball and you don't have to. So i don't really consider Schaub padding his stats around that time; He threw the ball as much as he did b/c he had to try to win the game. yes the defense does let up a little, but it lets up in both situations when you're ahead by 30 pts (running clock) and when you're down 30 pts (giving up). So in that regard, both qb's benefited somewhat.

HOU-TEX
01-15-2013, 02:30 PM
*sigh* Texans fans.....welcome to the offseason. :gun:

dream_team
01-15-2013, 02:39 PM

I haven't paid as much attention but Schaub got a huge amount of stats padding 2 years back when they were behind all the time until the 4th and had to throw non-stop. This year he seems fine.

EDIT: Here is Schaub 2010...big 4th quarter padding as stated

http://www.nfl.com/player/mattschaub/2505982/situationalstats?season=2010

Everyone knows Brady's stats are padded. It's not on him, but it's his coach. Even though they could be up 3 TDs in the 4th quarter, Brady will still be passing like they're behind (when most teams in this situation would run the ball to kill the clock). That's why I say his stats are padded. Look at this past game. At the 11:35 mark in the 4th quarter, the Pats are up 18 (3 possessions). Any normal coach would start killing the clock, but instead, Brady does 4 passes in a row. I get it, they are going for the kill and being ultra-aggressive. But this is what I mean by padding stats, throwing the ball when most teams are running it.

Schaub (and Kubiak) on the other hand is the total opposite. They throw only when they have to. In fact, most fans will tell you they don't throw it enough. That, I don't call padding stats.

HoustonFrog
01-15-2013, 03:12 PM
Everyone knows Brady's stats are padded. It's not on him, but it's his coach. Even though they could be up 3 TDs in the 4th quarter, Brady will still be passing like they're behind (when most teams in this situation would run the ball to kill the clock). That's why I say his stats are padded. Look at this past game. At the 11:35 mark in the 4th quarter, the Pats are up 18 (3 possessions). Any normal coach would start killing the clock, but instead, Brady does 4 passes in a row. I get it, they are going for the kill and being ultra-aggressive. But this is what I mean by padding stats, throwing the ball when most teams are running it.

Schaub (and Kubiak) on the other hand is the total opposite. They throw only when they have to. In fact, most fans will tell you they don't throw it enough. That, I don't call padding stats.

I don't think that is stat padding in Brady's case. That is just their offense. They throw to short check downs as a form of running..conservative throws. If you look at that link his numbers are pretty even by quarter. Also, with the comebacks these days, I wouldn't call 18 insurmountable. They just don't have a running game.

I consider stat padding when you're throwing the ball and you don't have to. So i don't really consider Schaub padding his stats around that time; He threw the ball as much as he did b/c he had to try to win the game. yes the defense does let up a little, but it lets up in both situations when you're ahead by 30 pts (running clock) and when you're down 30 pts (giving up). So in that regard, both qb's benefited somewhat.

I get what your saying but I think many people's definition includes games where there is an unlikely chance to win but your QB is throwing into prevent defenses. Just throwing hat out there.

AndyWin
01-15-2013, 03:20 PM
You can put some blame on other facets of the team for their late season failures, but the biggest blame goes on Schaub as QB not being able to move the ball WHEN IT MATTERS.
Pretty sure at one point in the Pats game I saw we were 2/12 on 3rd downs. That's atrocious. People spitting his stats at me that he got during trash time are idiots. When Matt Schaub converts a 3rd and 5+ to help move the chains, it's AMAZING. When everyone else does it, it's expected.

Texecutioner
01-15-2013, 03:21 PM

His stats aren't really padded at all especially this season. The Patriots scored 557 points for the entire season. Brady's stats could have been a lot more as far as TD passes, but they ran it all of the time inside the 10 and inside the 5 where they ended up with the most rushing TD's for any team with 25 rushing TD's. Brady could have thrown for over 40 TD's easily had he pushed to throw it more in the red zone. You're right that BB keeps his starters in longer then most teams do though. Brady's passing yards stats are high just like they are in every season though. A big reason why they keep their offensive starters in a lot longer is because their defense was giving up a ton of points in the first 8 games of the season. Their offense was literally having to put up over 30 just to get past a lot of teams early on, so I don't think their coaching staff ever really trusted their defense that much. I still don't.

This is true. Not to mention, the same thing happened to Schaub with the passing TD's with Arian Foster having like 17 rushing TD's for the entire season. Kubiak wants to run, run, run...........

Texecutioner
01-15-2013, 03:23 PM
They just don't have a running game.

THis year they did. Ridley had a great season getting over 10 TD's and almost 1,300 yards, and over all the Pats had the most rushing TD's of any team in the league. Of course a ton the reason for that is because the passing would get them down the field to score, but they improved a lot in the rushing department this season.

HoustonFrog
01-15-2013, 03:44 PM
THis year they did. Ridley had a great season getting over 10 TD's and almost 1,300 yards, and over all the Pats had the most rushing TD's of any team in the league. Of course a ton the reason for that is because the passing would get them down the field to score, but they improved a lot in the rushing department this season.

Yes they did but they still use the throw to set up the run vs run to set up pass. They are comfortable doing that and they are comfortable using 3-4 RBs in different schemes. Brady throwing 40-50 times isn't an obscene amount for them. I just don't think it is stat padding when your offense is spreading the ball, hurry up, shot-gun and your willing to throw short to keep the clock moving.

Texecutioner
01-15-2013, 03:57 PM
Yes they did but they still use the throw to set up the run vs run to set up pass. They are comfortable doing that and they are comfortable using 3-4 RBs in different schemes. Brady throwing 40-50 times isn't an obscene amount for them. I just don't think it is stat padding when your offense is spreading the ball, hurry up, shot-gun and your willing to throw short to keep the clock moving.

Well I definitely agree when you put it this way Frog. I never thought they were stat padding. I think that people feel that way because BB leaves a lot of his starters in there when they have 40+ points on the board. He does do that and to a fault as well. That's exactly how Gronk got hurt for all these games recently, and Edelman too if I'm not mistaken.

AndyWin
01-15-2013, 04:04 PM
Moving the ball early, when it matters, and on 3rd downs is the demise of Matt Schaub

A friend took the following stats from the Patriots beatdown of the Texans.

1) In the first 4 Texans' possessions of the game, Schaub went 2 for 9 on 2nd and 3rd down passes
2) The 2 passes he completed were on 3rd down for short gains that did NOT result in first downs
3) All his incompletions came between the 40 yard lines (middle of the field). Basically, this is the area that you need to cross to be in scoring position.

Jules Winnfield
01-15-2013, 07:38 PM
We have been in existence since 2002 and we have never had a bona fide legitimate franchise level quarterback on our roster.

It is the most important position in all of football and ever since we failed with David Carr, we have been relegated to scouring the nfl back up scene and late round to undrafted drat picks.

Im sick and tired of stop gap measures.
Im sick and tired of glorified pro bowl legend/game managers.

Im sick and tired of the sage rosenfels, dan orlovskys, matt schaubs, tj yates, jake delhommes and case keenums.

Why cant we start planning to get a franchise level qb while Matt Schaub plays out his contract?

Can we also please stop listening to Kubiak when it comes to QBs because its quite obvious he doesnt know what constitutes a great QB base on his history of QB selections.

The NFL is changing. You can now play and win with a rookie quarterback. Not only is the nfl changing, but the qb position is changing. Mobile athletic QBs like RG3,Cam, R Wison are the next step in the evolution of the quarterback position. Even guys like andrew luck who are pocket passers have some semblance of athleticism and speed. Sure there will be pocket passers, but if you are gonna be a pocket passer you better be damn good at it.

We are at a severe disadvantage with Schaub. A pocket passer who is not even that good at being a pocket passer who is devoid of athleticism.

You can win battles with him, but you will never win the war.

Playoffs
01-15-2013, 07:43 PM

Fili
01-15-2013, 07:46 PM
2013. Calling it now.

Jules Winnfield
01-15-2013, 07:49 PM
why was my thread moved?

that deserved its own thread. it was about the texans and franchise qbs.

infantrycak
01-15-2013, 07:53 PM
why was my thread moved?

that deserved its own thread. it was about the texans and franchise qbs.

No it doesn't. You are really just complaining about Schaub and then asking for crystal ball conjecture. The only known is Schaub will be here next year and most likely the next two. We don't need 8 million QB threads.

Jules Winnfield
01-15-2013, 08:00 PM
No it doesn't. You are really just complaining about Schaub and then asking for crystal ball conjecture. The only known is Schaub will be here next year and most likely the next two. We don't need 8 million QB threads.

it wasnt just about schaub. it was about franchise level qbs and our direction and history as team with franchise qbs.

that thread could have fostered plenty of talk not involving matt schaub which would have included our history of qbs, what moves we could make at qb, other teams franchise qb history etc.

most threads are conjecture and just repeats of other already covered subjects. nothing wrong with that.

my thread was not just about schaub but franchise level qbs and the texans history. it deserved its own thread.

klockWork
01-15-2013, 08:12 PM
I will get blasted for this but I think we had one in Carr, he was just handled wrong.

Blasted is a kind word. Annihilation is more appropriate.

Texcore
01-15-2013, 08:36 PM

Give respect when respect is due. You're embarrassing yourself with this assessment. Brady is elite and already a Hall of Famer.

I wish Kubes and Shaub had just an ounce of Belichick and Brady in them.

HJam72
01-15-2013, 09:32 PM
Give respect when respect is due. You're embarrassing yourself with this assessment. Brady is elite and already a Hall of Famer.

Also, they are aggressive even with a big lead because they have Brady at QB. He won't throw a bunch of picks and embarrass you. While Schaub doesn't do that, he has the potential too and Kubiak is worried about that, if he were to be super-aggressive with a lead. I would be too. Of course, there's also the throwing-the-ball-out-of-bounds 3 times and punt scenario.

dream_team
01-16-2013, 12:43 AM
Every game ... including Sunday.

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought he was trying to make a come back and get the Texans a victory. My mistake.

buddyboy
01-17-2013, 09:37 AM
We have been in existence since 2002 and we have never had a bona fide legitimate franchise level quarterback on our roster.

It is the most important position in all of football and ever since we failed with David Carr, we have been relegated to scouring the nfl back up scene and late round to undrafted drat picks.

Im sick and tired of stop gap measures.
Im sick and tired of glorified pro bowl legend/game managers.

Im sick and tired of the sage rosenfels, dan orlovskys, matt schaubs, tj yates, jake delhommes and case keenums.

Why cant we start planning to get a franchise level qb while Matt Schaub plays out his contract?

Can we also please stop listening to Kubiak when it comes to QBs because its quite obvious he doesnt know what constitutes a great QB base on his history of QB selections.

The NFL is changing. You can now play and win with a rookie quarterback. Not only is the nfl changing, but the qb position is changing. Mobile athletic QBs like RG3,Cam, R Wison are the next step in the evolution of the quarterback position. Even guys like andrew luck who are pocket passers have some semblance of athleticism and speed. Sure there will be pocket passers, but if you are gonna be a pocket passer you better be damn good at it.

We are at a severe disadvantage with Schaub. A pocket passer who is not even that good at being a pocket passer who is devoid of athleticism.

You can win battles with him, but you will never win the war.

A lot of questions, a simple answer: easier said than done. Show me the savior of the franchise who is attainable and who is going to lead us to the Superbowl next year and I'll jump right on the bandwagon with you.

RG3, Cam, and R Wilson, and Luck are all out of the playoffs, just like us. The QBs still in the playoffs? Other than Kaepernick, pocket QBs. Don't get me wrong, some mobility would be nice. Being able to extend the play would be nice. But with the emergence of the flashy, ultra-athletic running QBs, fans are starting to lose sight of what's been PROVEN to win championships.

dream_team
01-17-2013, 11:19 AM

The argument is over whose passing stats are more "padded". Schaub or Brady. I claim Brady. Nowhere do I disrespect Brady or say he isn't as good as perceived. I think he's the 2nd best QB in the league.

dream_team
01-17-2013, 11:30 AM
A lot of questions, a simple answer: easier said than done. Show me the savior of the franchise who is attainable and who is going to lead us to the Superbowl next year and I'll jump right on the bandwagon with you.

RG3, Cam, and R Wilson, and Luck are all out of the playoffs, just like us. The QBs still in the playoffs? Other than Kaepernick, pocket QBs. Don't get me wrong, some mobility would be nice. Being able to extend the play would be nice. But with the emergence of the flashy, ultra-athletic running QBs, fans are starting to lose sight of what's been PROVEN to win championships.

Also, I know there's a big love affair with Kaepernick around here now. But lets not forget, he was put into a really really good situation. Three first round picks on that offensive line. A first round pick receiver and tight end. A pro-bowl running back. One of the greatest receivers of all time (even though past his prime). Not to mention, IMO, the best defense in football.

If we invested this much into our offense, and our defense was as good as the 9ers, I don't think we're complaining about our QB and analyzing the Ravens right now.

TejasTom
01-17-2013, 01:57 PM
I wonder if the end zone interception in NE on 12-10 was Matt's "Brad Lidge" moment.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.

Ghostform
01-17-2013, 02:42 PM
http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/7730/33538405.jpg

Rey
01-17-2013, 02:47 PM
They mentioned something on the radio that I thought was interesting. That being, this was the first time Matt, dre, od and Arian had played this many games together in one season.

None of them got hurt and had to miss serious time.

What's the likelihood of that happening again?

I don't know.

But let's say we go out and add a top flight rookie receiving target. Keys say they pan out.

OD goes down. Or dre goes down. Or Arian goes down.

Are we again saying that Matt didn't have enough weapons at his disposal?

This year you had all of your big guns healthy...all year for the most part. That's kind of rare for teams.

AJ-80
01-17-2013, 02:52 PM
Would David Carr be a better QB than Shaub if placed on this team right now?

Rey
01-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Also, I know there's a big love affair with Kaepernick around here now. But lets not forget, he was put into a really really good situation. Three first round picks on that offensive line. A first round pick receiver and tight end. A pro-bowl running back. One of the greatest receivers of all time (even though past his prime). Not to mention, IMO, the best defense in football.

If we invested this much into our offense, and our defense was as good as the 9ers, I don't think we're complaining about our QB and analyzing the Ravens right now.

Does it matter if chris Meyers wasn't a first round pick if he's a pro bowler?

Does it matter that od wasn't a first round pick if he's one of the better te's in the league?

Arian has been better than gore. Andre is one of the best of all time and he still actually has some juice left...

And that best defense in football gave up a bunch of points last time they played NE. They gave up a bunch of points to gb too.

In the last 5 weeks the least amount of points they've given up was 27. They've given up 40+ twice in that time span.

Now this is the defense you call the best. Assuming we can even match the "best", we'd still need an explosive offense led by a qb that could rack up points.

thunderkyss
01-17-2013, 03:03 PM
But let's say we go out and add a top flight rookie receiving target. Keys say they pan out.

OD goes down. Or dre goes down. Or Arian goes down.

Are we again saying that Matt didn't have enough weapons at his disposal?

This year you had all of your big guns healthy...all year for the most part. That's kind of rare for teams.

I'm not saying Matt didn't have enough weapons, I'm saying we didn't get them all on the field often enough. Same thing with that hurry up offense thing we did... at the end of the half, we put several receiving options on the field, we went with an uptempo pace. Matt was successful.

At the end of the game, we didn't put as many receivers on the field... even though Posey did get on the field. & we huddled up afer every play (not a traditional huddle, but the time savings were nil).. we successfully got down the field & scored, but for what we needed to do, not really what I'd call success.

Matt doesn't have a strong arm, he's not going to extend plays. For him to be successful, you have to spread the field, that means getting as many receiving options into the pattern as possible.

IMO, we need to learn how to run out of 3 WR sets, with KDub's blocking prowess, that shouldn't be too much of a stretch. If the OL can improve their blocking scheme, where they don't need so much help, that should help Matt. Run a hurried tempo from time to time with regularity, that should help Matt.

The sets we're running out of aren't conducive to Matt's strentghs.

Luv_ya_blue
01-17-2013, 03:41 PM
Would David Carr be a better QB than Shaub if placed on this team right now?

Yes
Minus the white gloves and greasy hair.
http://image.funscrape.com/images/d/david_carr-3514.jpg

Vinny
01-17-2013, 03:46 PM
man, how could anyone say "yes" to DC over Schaub. Schaub isn't great, but he's not David Carr awful.

76Texan
01-17-2013, 03:48 PM
I'm not saying Matt didn't have enough weapons, I'm saying we didn't get them all on the field often enough. Same thing with that hurry up offense thing we did... at the end of the half, we put several receiving options on the field, we went with an uptempo pace. Matt was successful.

At the end of the game, we didn't put as many receivers on the field... even though Posey did get on the field. & we huddled up afer every play (not a traditional huddle, but the time savings were nil).. we successfully got down the field & scored, but for what we needed to do, not really what I'd call success.

Matt doesn't have a strong arm, he's not going to extend plays. For him to be successful, you have to spread the field, that means getting as many receiving options into the pattern as possible.

IMO, we need to learn how to run out of 3 WR sets, with KDub's blocking prowess, that shouldn't be too much of a stretch. If the OL can improve their blocking scheme, where they don't need so much help, that should help Matt. Run a hurried tempo from time to time with regularity, that should help Matt.

The sets we're running out of aren't conducive to Matt's strentghs.

I remember some of Jacoby's drops deep.
Jean was slow on a few balls this year as well.

I was hoping that Posey can be the guy that stretches the field next year, but now we may need to find another one.

(Note, the report out of the combine was that Posey was timed between 4.37 to 4.5 something like that.)

Luv_ya_blue
01-17-2013, 03:50 PM
man, how could anyone say "yes" to DC over Schaub. Schaub isn't great, but he's not David Carr awful.

Sure am glad you pos repped me the other day. Your gazillion point subtraction would sure hurt my rep prowess.
:fostering:

AJ-80
01-17-2013, 03:54 PM
Its hard to be successful when he had one of the worst offensive lines in recent history

Luv_ya_blue
01-17-2013, 04:08 PM
Its hard to be successful when he had one of the worst offensive lines in recent history

267 career sacks to Schaub's 151

2002 - 76
2003 - 15
2004 - 49
2005 - 68
2006 - 41

Who knows how good the kid could've been.
I was NEVER a Carr fan...let alone a :homer:, so nobody need even go there with me. But I must confess, I would love to have seen a less-demoralized Carr, taking snaps behind a good offensive line.

Vinny
01-17-2013, 04:16 PM
Its hard to be successful when he had one of the worst offensive lines in recent historythe incredible self-sacking quarterback still has fans I see.

AJ-80
01-17-2013, 04:19 PM
the incredible self-sacking quarterback still has fans I see.
Self-sacking? Hah!! Shaub crumbles like a cookie when he feels pressure!

Vinny
01-17-2013, 04:29 PM
Schaub's sack totals are low Einstein. He gets the ball out instead of eating it all the time. I didn't think there were any more Carr fanboys left. Good for you.

Double Barrel
01-17-2013, 04:29 PM

If you ever watch nature shows, you see lions will go for the throat of their prey. They will continue to hold that death grip long after the prey has moved to ensure that it's dead.

That is Brady. He's not going to let up on his grip and give you even the slightest chance. He's going to go for your jugular vein and keep his death grip on you until you have gasped your last breath of air.

I agree with you that I wish Kubiak and Schaub had some of that attitude in them. Belichick/Brady are lions. Kubiak/Schaub are turtles.

But that's okay, because this kid likes turtles.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002770465/255875907_polls_i_like_turtles_4958_207342_answer_ 3_xlarge_xlarge.jpeg

At least he can feel pressure. Carr often heard footsteps in his head and dove for the closest foxhole.

infantrycak
01-17-2013, 05:18 PM

267 career sacks to Schaub's 151

2002 - 76
2003 - 15
2004 - 49
2005 - 68
2006 - 41

Don't know where you got your stats but Carr was sacked 53 times in 2006. So athletic Carr was sacked 3.3 times per game in 2006. Then sloth like Schaub was sacked 1.5 times per game in 2007 behind essentially the same OL. So...

... yes self-sacking. He ran out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage like a moron. He had no pocket feel whatsoever. All the athleticism in the world didn't help out his bad judgment.

This Schaub crumbling mythology is getting out of control. Did he crumble on either of those back to back fined hits in the Denver game?

Luv_ya_blue
01-17-2013, 05:42 PM
Don't know where you got your stats but...

http://www.nfl.com/player/davidcarr/2504804/careerstats

Dutchrudder
01-17-2013, 06:18 PM
http://www.nfl.com/player/davidcarr/2504804/careerstats

ESPN shows 41 in 2006: http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/3529/year/2006/david-carr

I have noticed before when looking at sack and fumble stats, that there seems to be discrepancies between ESPN and NFL.com stats. It's always good to check both just in case.

AJ-80
01-17-2013, 07:12 PM
Schaub's sack totals are low Einstein. He gets the ball out instead of eating it all the time. I didn't think there were any more Carr fanboys left. Good for you.
I'm not a David Carr fanboy by any means...but to ignore the fact that Shaub literally falls to the ground when he gets touched from behind? We have all seen Shaub do this. He has no ability whatsoever to evade any pass rush. Listen, I think Shaub is a good passer but you have to admit that Shaub can't escape pressure. At least not recently. I'm not discounting the fact that he can stand in the pocket and make a throw when he knows he is about to get pummeled. When he feels any pressure from his backside he crumbles.

76Texan
01-17-2013, 07:21 PM
ESPN shows 41 in 2006: http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/3529/year/2006/david-carr

I have noticed before when looking at sack and fumble stats, that there seems to be discrepancies between ESPN and NFL.com stats. It's always good to check both just in case.

I always go to Stats LLC to verify stats.
They are the official stat keepers for the NFL.
They keep everything updated.

thunderkyss
01-17-2013, 07:25 PM
They mentioned something on the radio that I thought was interesting. That being, this was the first time Matt, dre, od and Arian had played this many games together in one season.

After our first field goal, they flashed a note across the screen saying those were the first points we ever scored in the first half @ New England.

Rey
01-17-2013, 07:30 PM
After our first field goal, they flashed a note across the screen saying those were the first points we ever scored in the first half @ New England.

#progress

Rey
01-17-2013, 07:32 PM
I'm not a David Carr fanboy by any means...but to ignore the fact that Shaub literally falls to the ground when he gets touched from behind? We have all seen Shaub do this. He has no ability whatsoever to evade any pass rush. Listen, I think Shaub is a good passer but you have to admit that Shaub can't escape pressure. At least not recently. I'm not discounting the fact that he can stand in the pocket and make a throw when he knows he is about to get pummeled. When he feels any pressure from his backside he crumbles.

Schaub is s little below average at escaping pressure. That said, he did a good job of evading tacklers in the pocket against NE.

Didn't do much once he got out of the pocket, be he got there.

Luv_ya_blue
01-18-2013, 08:49 AM
#progress

Progress is talking about David Carr in a Matt Schaub thread, without a bunch of "bleeps." LOL

HJam72
01-19-2013, 08:53 AM
Yeah, like in the playoffs when he needs two yards, has no one in front of him, and throws the ball away.

At least Carr "tried" to win.

Yes, Carr put a lot of effort into repeatedly scrambling right into Freeney.

tru80texan
01-19-2013, 10:15 AM
Yes, Carr put a lot of effort into repeatedly scrambling right into Freeney.

LOL! It wasn't just Freeney. Anyone edge rusher rushing up the field were almost guaranteed a sack because Carr loved to try and run out & around the pocket as opposed to stepping up into it. Never failed. If the edge rusher didn't get him then whomever was chasing him just had to push him out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage for a "sack" because he refused to throw the ball away. Carr is one QB who Schaub will always rank higher then in my book.

skenney_11
01-22-2013, 10:15 AM
Just spoke to someone who works with the team that said Schaub had no secret injuries at the end of the season. Maybe it was psychological? What I found interesting is that Schaub had a shoulder problem last season before he had the lisfranc injury so if the lisfranc never, we would have been screwed come playoff time with schaubs shoulder problem.

klockWork
01-22-2013, 05:01 PM
Just spoke to someone who works with the team that said Schaub had no secret injuries at the end of the season. Maybe it was psychological? What I found interesting is that Schaub had a shoulder problem last season before he had the lisfranc injury so if the lisfranc never, we would have been screwed come playoff time with schaubs shoulder problem.

That's the biggest misconception about Schaub this year. Has he fully recover? His foot must be in digression. Why he can't evade from that rusher?

Do anybody ever see this guy limp or hobble around the field this year? There's your answer. Nothings wrong with MS physically. The QB position is the most mentally challenging position in football. Schaub mental state is on a decline. That is the most troubling issue of all.

thunderkyss
01-23-2013, 08:42 AM
Do anybody ever see this guy limp or hobble around the field this year? There's your answer. Nothings wrong with MS physically. The QB position is the most mentally challenging position in football. Schaub mental state is on a decline. That is the most troubling issue of all.

I work with a bunch of Cowboy fans. Most of them are not Romo fans. I tell them that I like Romo. I like his gutzpa. I like that he gives his team a chance to win against anybody.

But he'll always fall short.

I tell them when he's got a running game & a defense, the Dallas Cowboys are unstoppable. Truth is, the same could be said about any team. Take the Patriots for example. Had their run game & defense played the way they played against us, the Pats would be in the Super Bowl. The Pats would have won last year's Super Bowl.

If Romo had a bad game, I can guarantee you his receivers dropped a few balls. His running game didn't show up, & his defense let him down.

Same with any team. Look at the Falcons & their last lost. Where was their defense & their running game in the second half?

If you can block out that we lost against the Pats two weeks ago & watch that game, Schaub played as well as he had all year, it was without a doubt his best game over the last 6 weeks. He stayed alive in the pocket by sidestepping, he did make some "decent" throws from outside the pocket, he planted that left foot as well as he ever had.

I believe Matt Schaub is a problem. I'm not saying any different, but that game, he was far, far from our biggest problem.

klockWork
01-23-2013, 01:15 PM
I believe Matt Schaub is a problem. I'm not saying any different, but that game, he was far, far from our biggest problem.

I like Romo as well because he's willing to stick his neck out to give his team a chance to win at the cost of making himself look like a jackass. But Schaub had plenty of opportunity to make momentum changing throws. He's just to cautious with his pass.

Look at the throws Flacco made to Boldin against NE. Those were text book coverage by the cb. But because Flacco understand ball placement and confidence in his receiver those throws resulted in TDs. It also takes gutz to make that decision to throw it like that also.

That 2-pt conversion late in the game to AJ was that kind of throw. That game against the Redskins 2 years ago to AJ in the EZ was that kind of throw.

If Schaub ever recognize how effective those kind of throws can be against tight coverages he would be borderline elite at the very least.

klockWork
01-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Schaub simply doesn't have the arm to make the types of throws needed to win in this system. He gets no zip on the ball. The ball lingers and gets knocked down or intercepted or the receiver runs past the place Matt threw it and it ends up behind them. MS plain and simple has a weak arm. Look at how fast the ball gets to the receiver when Flacco, or even CK in SF, or the Wilson kid in Seattle chunk it out there. We need a strong arm QB for this offense. Gary keeps protecting Matt but he just doesn't fit the system. He is immobile with a noodle arm ... two things this system cant tolerate.

As long as MS don't throw it off his back foot those kind of throws can certainly get there, maybe not as much zip like a Rogers but it can definitely get there on time.

But it's a moot argument because Schaub at his age shouldn't develop those kind of bad habit this far down in his career. Either its already fixed or it's too badly broken to be fix.

Unfortunately we all know it's beyond repair.

silvrhand
01-23-2013, 04:44 PM
Romo > Schaub if you give me the choice I'd take Romo in heartbeat.

dream_team
01-23-2013, 06:31 PM
Romo > Schaub if you give me the choice I'd take Romo in heartbeat.

I don't know about this one... would be a tough decision for me. It doesn't bother you that all of those seasons, they annually had one of the most talented rosters in the NFL, but they only have one playoff victory to show for it? And if you look at those playoff games, they lost because the offense had problems scoring.

Texcore
01-23-2013, 07:51 PM
I don't know about this one... would be a tough decision for me. It doesn't bother you that all of those seasons, they annually had one of the most talented rosters in the NFL, but they only have one playoff victory to show for it? And if you look at those playoff games, they lost because the offense had problems scoring.

That's a misconception. The Cowboys have not been as talented as people think. After that 13-3 season, lots of things changed. They have needed safety help forever, they have not had a 1000 yard rusher since 2004 I believe, horrible blown coverage CB play, they have an atrocious interior offensive line, Their d-line has not been able to generate an effective pass rush in years as they have had no one to compliment Ware. But they have been doing a good job drafting and acquiring better talent the last couple of years with Dez, their LT Smith, Sean Lee, Murray, Carter, and Claiborne. When you have alot of moving parts it takes time to adjust and gel, like it took time with us when we finally got it all together last year.

And count me in Romo camp. Easily take him over Shaub, in a heartbeat. He'd be awesome on our team.

ATXtexanfan
01-23-2013, 08:13 PM

um mobile and a stronger arm. what else do you want? plus a healthy rb

dream_team
01-23-2013, 08:57 PM

I agree with you on that, Romo definitely is more mobile and has a stronger arm. Schaub can get us to the playoffs no problem. We need a QB who can take us to the SB, which Romo hasn't proven he can do. IMO, he's a guy that doesn't perform as well in the playoffs. Even though he may be better than Schaub, I don't want to simply get another guy that won't take us to the SB.

ObsiWan
01-23-2013, 11:01 PM

I'm glad SOMEbody recognizes that Kaepernick was inserted into an ideal situation. He couldn't lose. If he failed, Alex Smith, a capable "game manager, is standing by to bail him out. Kaepernick didn't have to carry the team to the playoffs. The team was playoff quality before he got there.

buddyboy
01-24-2013, 09:24 AM

Vince Young is also more mobile and has a stronger arm. Also Jamarcus Russel.

Luv_ya_blue
01-24-2013, 09:27 AM
I'm glad SOMEbody recognizes that Kaepernick was inserted into an ideal situation. He couldn't lose. If he failed, Alex Smith, a capable "game manager, is standing by to bail him out. Kaepernick didn't have to carry the team to the playoffs. The team was playoff quality before he got there.

I do find it very interesting however, that a team that was bound for the playoffs (I agree) was still willing to MAKE CHANGES to a pivotal position like QB despite the fact that it could shake things up, so that they'd have a better chance at not just "making the playoffs" (see Texans) but to go deep into the playoffs.

See Gary, real coaches aren't scared to shake things up because it's what's best for the T-E-A-M.

dream_team
01-24-2013, 01:14 PM
I do find it very interesting however, that a team that was bound for the playoffs (I agree) was still willing to MAKE CHANGES to a pivotal position like QB despite the fact that it could shake things up, so that they'd have a better chance at not just "making the playoffs" (see Texans) but to go deep into the playoffs.

See Gary, real coaches aren't scared to shake things up because it's what's best for the T-E-A-M.

At the same time:
- that team doesn't rely on their QB too much to win games
- Kaepernick was drafted to eventually become the starter
- if Smith doesn't get a concussion, people wouldn't even know who the 49ers backup QB is

Brisco_County
01-24-2013, 01:27 PM
Schaub is simply damaged goods, which sucks because he's an extremely hard worker and sacrificed his body for the team. I still remember the bewildered look on Mike Shanahan's face when we beat them in overtime on September 19th, 2011, as he said, "That's one good quarterback they have on that team." But Schaub is physically incapable of performing like that anymore. Maybe he'll rehab and return to form of the Denver 2012 game, but we can't count on him to stay in that shape, just like he hasn't been able to since 2010.

thunderkyss
01-24-2013, 01:50 PM
Schaub simply doesn't have the arm to make the types of throws needed to win in this system.

I find that hard to believe. I know we're not allowed to use stats to refute Schaub hate'n, but he had a good season by whatever measure you'd rate any other QB. Wins, yards, points, pro bowl.......

I've never been a Schaub fan to speak of, but I've never been a hater either. He's not what I want for this team, but he's performed well despite that.

If you're one of those guys who always believed Matt to be soft, I can understand. But I don't understand blaming his physical abilities or limitations.

Schaub is simply damaged goods, which sucks because he's an extremely hard worker and sacrificed his body for the team.

& I'm not seeing that. I watched the last three games in the last week looking for evidence of physical impairment & I'm just not seeing it. He moves well (for Matt), he plants on that foot with no hesitation. His arm didn't look any more dead to me than it ever did.

Luv_ya_blue
01-24-2013, 02:08 PM
At the same time:
- if Smith doesn't get a concussion, people wouldn't even know who the 49ers backup QB is

With one of the top 2 or 3 RBs in the league, WE shouldn't rely on our QB to win games either.

WE have a good backup QB that should be getting groomed moreso than he is. JMO.

bOODRO87
01-24-2013, 02:15 PM
& I'm not seeing that. I watched the last three games in the last week looking for evidence of physical impairment & I'm just not seeing it. He moves well (for Matt), he plants on that foot with no hesitation. His arm didn't look any more dead to me than it ever did.

I'm not understanding the bold. Either you can move well or you can't. Charlie Batch showed more mobility/improvising this year at 38 years old.

dream_team
01-24-2013, 02:24 PM
With one of the top 2 or 3 RBs in the league, WE shouldn't rely on our QB to win games either.

You don't think we already do this? I think Kubiak wants to win games by running the ball, playing good defense, and winning the time of possession. At times, though, our defense and running game has faltered. This is where fans look to Schaub to carry this team, but he's simply not that type of QB. In fact, there aren't too many of those types of QBs in this league.

Luv_ya_blue
01-24-2013, 02:30 PM
At the same time:

You don't think we already do this? I think Kubiak wants to win games by running the ball, playing good defense, and winning the time of possession. At times, though, our defense and running game has faltered. This is where fans look to Schaub to carry this team, but he's simply not that type of QB. In fact, there aren't too many of those types of QBs in this league.

I think that we depend on Schaub to pull rabbits out of his hat (ie: get us 6 points rather than the accepted 3) when it seems that an average to above average QB could do much better.

The offense has to trust and believe in their leader--and contrary to what they say publicly, I just don't see that in their play.

Jules Winnfield
01-24-2013, 04:23 PM
its sad and just plain pathetic how apprehensive Texans fans are from moving away from matt schaub.

As if it would be the end of the world if we got rid of schaub and no way we can get anybody better than a 31 year old glorified back up who barely won his first ever playoff game courtesy of a missed pass by 2 year veteran (2 playoff seasons) andy dalton.

Why are yall so scared to get a new quarterback?

Its not as if Schaub set such a high bar.

Luv_ya_blue
01-24-2013, 04:30 PM
its sad and just plain pathetic how apprehensive Texans fans are from moving away from matt schaub.

As if it would be the end of the world if we got rid of schaub and no way we can get anybody better than a 31 year old glorified back up who barely won his first ever playoff game courtesy of a missed pass by 2 year veteran (2 playoff seasons) andy dalton.

Why are yall so scared to get a new quarterback?

Its not as if Schaub set such a high bar.

Who exactly are you talking to??
There is no shortage of Schaub vitriole on this message board.

If you're going to make such goofy statements, at least do the rest of us the honor of quoting someone you're speaking to or about--so that we can have some clue of where you're coming from.

Jules Winnfield
01-24-2013, 04:38 PM
Who exactly are you talking to??
There is no shortage of Schaub vitriole on this message board.

If you're going to make such goofy statements, at least do the rest of us the honor of quoting someone you're speaking to or about--so that we can have some clue of where you're coming from.

goofy?

before we hit our losing streak at the end of the season there were still stauch matt schaub defenders all over houston. Just like the entire city of houston wanted kubiak gone then he puts up one winning season because wade and he's suddenly a offensive guru.

but you're just gonna pretend that never happened right? Ive been following sports long enough to know how this goes. This is what fans do. but when things were going good yea we can win with schaub then when things go bad "ooh yea that matt schaub and gary kubiak need to go." Pretend they were in the know all along

You're not fooling anybody.

I dont need to quote anybody to post an accurate statement on an insternet message board. That's not a requirement. I can post my thoughts without quoting anybody.

deal with it.

Luv_ya_blue
01-24-2013, 04:41 PM
goofy?

before we hit our losing streak at the end of the season there were still stauch matt schaub defenders all over houston. Just like the entire city of houston wanted kubiak gone then he puts up one winning season because wade and he's suddenly a offensive guru.

but you're just gonna pretend that never happened right? Ive been following sports long enough to know how this goes. This is what fans do. but when things were going good yea we can win with schaub then when things go bad "ooh yea that matt schaub and gary kubiak need to go." Pretend they were in the know all along

I dont need to quote anybody to post an accurate statement on an insternet message board. That's not a requirement. I can post my thoughts without quoting anybody.

deal with it.

My fault.
Just saw your start date and post count.
Carry on.
:trapstar:

Jules Winnfield
01-24-2013, 04:52 PM
My fault.
Just saw your start date and post count.
Carry on.
:trapstar:

what does that have to do with anything i just posted?

yea its your fault for not having the mental capacity to come back with a football rebuttal but instead look for ways to discredit and trivialize a post because you cant come up with a football rebuttal.

Luv_ya_blue
01-24-2013, 06:37 PM

yea its your fault for not having the mental capacity to come back with a football rebuttal but instead look for ways to discredit and trivialize a post because you cant come up with a football rebuttal.

Exactly right.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRPCuiCkZfDzc7nUZcdiNKSoKaIhsWZ yZy8C05EJ68GJJw585vCvsbPEl-

thunderkyss
01-24-2013, 07:38 PM

Most everyone here agrees with you.

But you keep acting like you're the only one on the anybody but Schaub bandwagon.

You're preaching to the choir.

There are more people here that agrees with you than not.

Why do you post as if there is overwhelming support for Matt Schaub here. There isn't.

thunderkyss
01-25-2013, 12:01 PM
I'm not understanding the bold. Either you can move well or you can't. Charlie Batch showed more mobility/improvising this year at 38 years old.

Some folks are saying he has even less mobility than he had before the injury. I'm saying I do not see that. He moves as well as he ever has. He plants on his left foot as well as he ever has. He pushes off his left foot as well as he ever has.

buddyboy
01-25-2013, 12:54 PM
goofy?

deal with it.

What's pathetic is the "anyone but Matt Schaub" boat. THIS is what fans do. They convince themselves that the grass is greener, that for some reason, their team is the only team suffering and that any change is good change.

I agree that Matt Schaub can be replaced. In fact, if a replacement comes along that will improve this team, I am ALL FOR IT.

Show me that replacement waiting to be realistically signed/traded for/drafted and I'll be all over that. Until then, Schaub is our best bet.

dream_team
01-25-2013, 01:06 PM
What's pathetic is the "anyone but Matt Schaub" boat. THIS is what fans do. They convince themselves that the grass is greener, that for some reason, their team is the only team suffering and that any change is good change.

I agree that Matt Schaub can be replaced. In fact, if a replacement comes along that will improve this team, I am ALL FOR IT.

Show me that replacement waiting to be realistically signed/traded for/drafted and I'll be all over that. Until then, Schaub is our best bet.

Agree 100%!

This is what I'm saying to most of my friends asking for Schaub to be replaced. "With who!?" Who can we REALISTICALLY replace Schaub with that will be significantly better?

Vinny
01-25-2013, 02:53 PM
This is the same argument that Seachicken fans had as Hasselbeck aged. Same kind of quarterback, same kind of issues for the team and the fans. We've kinda turned into the Hasselbeck Seahawks.

dream_team
01-25-2013, 03:14 PM
This is the same argument that Seachicken fans had as Hasselbeck aged. Same kind of quarterback, same kind of issues for the team and the fans. We've kinda turned into the Hasselbeck Seahawks.

So do you suggest we do the same thing as the Seahawks?
1. Let Schaub (Hasselbeck) go
2. Bring in a young QB (Jackson) with potential, but to have that blow up in our face and waste a whole season.
3. Overpay a free agent QB (Flynn)
4. Draft a QB in the 3rd round and hope we get lucky (Wilson)

On a side note, Hasselbeck was able to get his team to the SuperBowl and was screwed by the refs.

Vinny
01-25-2013, 03:30 PM
So do you suggest we do the same thing as the Seahawks?
1. Let Schaub (Hasselbeck) go
2. Bring in a young QB (Jackson) with potential, but to have that blow up in our face and waste a whole season.
3. Overpay a free agent QB (Flynn)
4. Draft a QB in the 3rd round and hope we get lucky (Wilson)

On a side note, Hasselbeck was able to get his team to the SuperBowl and was screwed by the refs.it's moot....we already extended our Hasslebeck like they could have, but didn't.

bOODRO87
01-25-2013, 04:10 PM
Teddy Bridgewater in '14. Give up whatever it takes to get him. Schaub gets another year or two to prove himself and we draft a stud. That should please both sides of the QB argument.

Luv_ya_blue
01-25-2013, 05:24 PM
Teddy Bridgewater in '14. Give up whatever it takes to get him. Schaub gets another year or two to prove himself and we draft a stud. That should please both sides of the QB argument.

http://www.jeffgothelf.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/unicorn.jpg

Premier
01-26-2013, 09:54 PM
the whole "with who?" argument is just as flawed as "anybody but schaub". at some point youre going to have to take a risk and gamble on an unproven commodity. the obvious choices arent going to ever be available. once you really accept that schaub isnt the guy, you have to do something. if you keep asking "with who?" then we we'll keep doing the same thing over and over and schaub will never get replaced. then after 3 more years are flushed down the toilet and 3-4 more mid-round qbs prove to be studs, it will be too late..

thunderkyss
01-26-2013, 10:37 PM
the whole "with who?" argument is just as flawed as "anybody but schaub". at some point youre going to have to take a risk and gamble on an unproven commodity. the obvious choices arent going to ever be available. once you really accept that schaub isnt the guy, you have to do something. if you keep asking "with who?" then we we'll keep doing the same thing over and over and schaub will never get replaced. then after 3 more years are flushed down the toilet and 3-4 more mid-round qbs prove to be studs, it will be too late..

You're assuming we can't win a Super Bowl with Matt Schaub.

Again, never been a Schaub fan. I don't like him, never did. But I'd be lying if I said he hasn't played at a high level over the last 6 years. A level high enough to win a Super Bowl.

I know there are times when you see the goofy bastard out there, you shake your head, sometimes drop your head..... face palm.... I mean even the Forest Gump striding Peyton Manning will pick up 5 yards or 7 yards if he needs it to move the chains. Our guy will trip & fumble over his own two feet.

Speaking of Peyton Manning, if I could chose a QB to lead my team, it'd be 18 hands down. He's smarter than everyone else on the field, he reads defenses quick, he manipulates DBs, he understands the game, he's a field general, he's got a laser rocket arm...

But he's only won 1 Super Bowl. So what do I know?

I didn't think Tom Brady was shiz as a QB when he won 3 of them. When I finally thought he belonged in the "Best QB" conversation, he hasn't been able to get it done.

Roethlisberger...... who'd have thunk he would already have won 2

thunderkyss
01-27-2013, 12:20 AM
Here are Andre's comments (http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/Johnson-on-season-Pro-Bowl-experience/8614dcd0-bc2d-4af2-9420-5a5ebd215e52) about the season & Matt Schaub, and his offseason.

Surreal McCoy
01-27-2013, 12:21 AM

They have. The ABS crew have routinely pointed out that Jon Kitna is available!

amazing80
01-27-2013, 08:38 PM
Schaub with an under throw on a deep ball that gets picked :kitten:

hookinreds
01-27-2013, 08:41 PM
Schaub with an under throw on a deep ball that gets picked :kitten:

Exactly!

tru80texan
01-27-2013, 08:42 PM
Awwwwww.....classic Schaub. Even at the Pro Bowl w/ NUMEROUS receiving options our 1 read qb tries to force it to Andre w/ 2 defenders in the area & what happens...INTERCEPTION! :smiliepalm:

If he can't find someone else to throw to at the Pro Bowl will bringing in a legit #2 WR really help??? :headhurts:

nut
01-27-2013, 08:47 PM
SChaub's arm is not strong enough to get us to the SB. No offense to him as a person.

amazing80
01-27-2013, 08:50 PM
YES!!!!! He went into the fetal position, my night is complete :cutthroat:

thunderkyss
01-27-2013, 09:35 PM
Not that I want to jump on the Schaub hate, but he's making it difficult for Andrew Luck to win this game.

Two interceptions, both resulted in scores (short field & all). Then he wastes all the time remaining in the second qtr & wastes half of the third qtr.... TD is good, but he's killing the clock.

That throw to Aj Green in the endzone, three inches inside & it's a TD from the 30 & he leaves almost 3 minutes on the clock.

With that score, they should have gone to hurry up all ready.

Ah.... now that looks like Texans Special teams. Is Coach Joe coaching the AFC coverage team?

I was surprised to see him pick up that 3rd & 10 with his legs.

Premier
01-28-2013, 04:37 AM
lol how unnecessarily bad was schaubs TD throw to Cribbs? He had the opportunity to lead Cribbs to the ground, with a throw into his mid-section, which would have allowed cribbs to catch, cradle, and roll. Instead, Schaub throws a ball where cribbs has to reach up and behind his head to make an extremely difficult catch that ultimately was dropped when he hit the ground.. lol at the folks that argue schaubs great accuracy, based on completion numbers.. accuracy by its true definition, is not a trait schaub possesses.. you know the old drill where qbs throw the ball through a tire? well, schaub misses the tire completely..

HJam72
01-28-2013, 08:45 AM
lol how unnecessarily bad was schaubs TD throw to Cribbs? He had the opportunity to lead Cribbs to the ground, with a throw into his mid-section, which would have allowed cribbs to catch, cradle, and roll. Instead, Schaub throws a ball where cribbs has to reach up and behind his head to make an extremely difficult catch that ultimately was dropped when he hit the ground.. lol at the folks that argue schaubs great accuracy, based on completion numbers.. accuracy by its true definition, is not a trait schaub possess.. you know the old drill where qbs throw the ball through a tire? well, schaub misses the tire completely..

Yes, but he never ever throws it too hard. :sarcasm:

buddyboy
01-28-2013, 04:52 PM

The situation I keep reliving is the Rockets; being stuck in mediocrity and fans constantly demanding a "superstar" and then complaining with Morey's attempts failed.

Yeah, we (the Rockets) could have tanked. Tanking has been proven to be the best chance at getting a superstar. Tanking has also led to some of the most pathetic franchises ever (the Bobcats).

Also, how many mid-round qbs have proven to be studs? Russell Wilson is a rookie, you can't call him a stud yet (look at how great Cam and Matt Stafford have been after promising starts). For every Russell Wilson, there are two Kevin Kolbs (or more). Even first round QBs are dangerous (Carr/Ponder/Gabbert).

GP
01-28-2013, 05:06 PM
lol how unnecessarily bad was schaubs TD throw to Cribbs? He had the opportunity to lead Cribbs to the ground, with a throw into his mid-section, which would have allowed cribbs to catch, cradle, and roll. Instead, Schaub throws a ball where cribbs has to reach up and behind his head to make an extremely difficult catch that ultimately was dropped when he hit the ground.. lol at the folks that argue schaubs great accuracy, based on completion numbers.. accuracy by its true definition, is not a trait schaub possesses.. you know the old drill where qbs throw the ball through a tire? well, schaub misses the tire completely..

I am very guilty of having argued, earlier in the season this year, that Schaub was intentionally placing footballs where only HIS guys could reach them.

I 100% believed it was a taught technique in Gary's offense. He did it, and still does it, with such regularity, that it was the only conclusion to draw...since, ahem, we're always told that the NFL teams' coaches know more than we do.

But now, I'm convinced I gave the guy way more credit than he deserved.

I wish Gary would get the urge to really open up camp in 2013, to where the QBs all get a shot just like the freaking field goal kickers have been given open competitions. Only in the NFL can you see coaches allowing open competitions for kicker...but NOT for QB. That's not very damn practical.

At what stage did the NFL become a place where "Well, we gave x-player y-amount of money...so that means he's the defacto starter. Until he gets hurt, then hell we'll try out our other QBs who have been running scout team and not getting reps with starters all year." Seems logical. :kitten:

Texanmike02
02-03-2013, 07:58 PM
Can someone explain why I don't hear bitching about flaccos under throw in the SB? Oh his receivers are making plays.

Mike

DX-TEX
02-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Can someone explain why I don't hear bitching about flaccos under throw in the SB? Oh his receivers are making plays.

Mike

And it was ****ing Jacoby jones!!

Hey football gods, let me spread my legs so you get a nice clean shot at my junk!

BullBlitz
02-03-2013, 08:02 PM

Mike

Maybe because he at least got them to the Super Bowl and made some great throws doing it.

Maybe because JJ is a true burner and outran the ball.

Who knows?

Texanmike02
02-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Maybe because he at least got them to the Super Bowl and made some great throws doing it.

Who knows?

Look how open the receivers are though. Holy crap. Receivers are giving him a place to throw the ball.

Mike

thunderkyss
02-03-2013, 08:33 PM

Mike

That one he was looking for the PI on was pathetic.

But I don't have an issue with Matt under throwing the ball, its how often he under throws regardless how open his receiver is. Joe will throw his receiver open every now & then.

Damn Jacoby Jones all the way. 109 yards.

infantrycak
02-03-2013, 08:57 PM

Who knows?

Well this one isn't it because AJ is faster than JJ.

amazing80
02-03-2013, 09:06 PM
joe rarely underthrows a guy, thus when he does do it, no one bitches.....matt rarely OVER THROWS guys, thus when he does it we are in shock