PDA

View Full Version : Where does Matt rank with QBs in playoffs

Pages : [1] 2

gafftop
01-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Don't know how to do poll where you can rank from first to last but would be curious where you think MS ranks is relation to the other QBs in the playoffs both AFC and NFC. Sorry if this has already been done.
Brady
Manning
Rodgers
Ryan
Luck
Flacco
Dalton
RGIII
Wilson
MS
Kaepernick
Ponder

Sorry I should start
9 or 10 presently
11 or 12 in future
Just my opinion

Dutchrudder
01-05-2013, 09:44 AM
7 or 8, ahead of Kaep, Dalton, Luck, Ponder and Wilson.

76Texan
01-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Numero Uno :kitten::spit:

Hervoyel
01-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Don't know how to do poll where you can rank from first to last but would be curious where you think MS ranks is relation to the other QBs in the playoffs both AFC and NFC. Sorry if this has already been done.
Brady
Manning
Rodgers
Ryan
Luck
Flacco
Dalton
RGIII
Wilson
MS
Kaepernick
Ponder

Sorry I should start
9 or 10 presently
11 or 12 in future
Just my opinion

Basically on that list the only guys I'd rather have less than Matt Schaub leading my team are Flacco and Ponder. Lot of youngsters in there but at least they have upside.

toxictrix
01-05-2013, 10:37 AM
For just these playoffs here is the order I would like. This is not taking into account future development or anything. Just these next few weeks. Of course most of these guys are a huge unknown in the post season so a lot of it is just guessing.

Brady
Manning
Rodgers
Ryan
RGIII
Wilson
MS
Flacco
Luck
Dalton
Kaep
Ponder

Maybe a bit of homerism but whatever. Did this fairly quickly without looking up stats and stuff.

dream_team
01-05-2013, 10:40 AM
For just these playoffs here is the order I would like. This is not taking into account future development or anything. Just these next few weeks. Of course most of these guys are a huge unknown in the post season so a lot of it is just guessing.

Brady
Manning
Rodgers
Ryan
RGIII
Wilson
MS
Flacco
Luck
Dalton
Kaep
Ponder

Maybe a bit of homerism but whatever. Did this fairly quickly without looking up stats and stuff.

Good list, but I'd swap Schaub & Wilson. Wilson is too short to be effective in our offense I think.

coon
01-05-2013, 10:41 AM
1.Brady
2.Rodgers
3.Manning
4.Wilson
5.Ryan
6.RG3
7.Luck
8.Schaub
9.Dalton
10.Flacco
11.Kaepernick
12.Ponder
Let's hope he proves us wrong

76Texan
01-05-2013, 10:46 AM
If we're talking about QB that can run our system then you have to put Rodgers at the top of the list and move Manning and Brady down.

DX-TEX
01-05-2013, 10:57 AM

Crack kills but I forgive you.

TEXANRED
01-05-2013, 11:17 AM
This is my list in order in terms of playoff QB's:

The Big Boys:
Brady
Manning
Rodgers
Brady 5 Superbowl's, Manning 2 Superbowl's, Rodgers 1 Superbowl.

The Vets:
Flacco
Dalton
Ryan
Flacco has at least won a playoff game and Dalton didn't get blanked unlike Ryan. Ryan is a horrible playoff QB to this point.

The Rookies:
RGIII
Wilson
Kaepernick
Luck
Ponder
Schaub

This group rounds out the rookie playoff QB. I base this list on athleticism, leadership, and good old fashioned guts and courage.

TejasTom
01-05-2013, 11:19 AM
I don't know how anyone can answer this before the game....

Xcellerator
01-05-2013, 11:26 AM
In the bottom three. Even Flacco over Schaub since he's had some playoff experience.

gafftop
01-05-2013, 11:44 AM
I don't know how anyone can answer this before the game....

09-18-2009 #1
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Texans' Offense and Schaub, Poor Match
I heard on the radio MS can be successful only if all the planets align. Well the planets aren't aligned in the Texans offense. Let's look more closely. Even when 110% MS is not the most mobile QB. MS is not the most durable QB. MS not great arm stength. The Texans' line is not the most dominant line. The lack of mobility (especially last week against the Jets, ankle) of MS means that he can't buy any time and make something happen unlike some other QB's that are able to scramble and allow the receivers to create. Therefore we can't utilize AJ physical talents on a busted play. This is even made worse because MS can't affford to take a hit, unlike some QB's that can stay in the pocket until the last second and let the play develope. If we had a QB that could take a hit we would gain some time, or if we had a QB that could scramble and buy some time we could maybe make some conpletions and maybe come up with the big play. We have the receivers to do this but due to the above factors we were unable to do this last week against the Jets. That is why the offense was so pitiful. I understand the PROBLEM is our offensive line. But our offensive line may be just what is was last week for the entire season. The more i write the more depressed I become. The defense only needs to shut down AJ with double coverage and get after MS and we have last week's outcome again this week. I guess what I am getting at is if MS is not healthy and mobile and Kubiak is determined to play MS no matter what like last week, we will have a repeat of last week. I was a Kubiak fan until last week. His inability to get the team up and prepared along with the POOR judgement in playing MS really makes me wonder. I guess getting back to the title, with our Oline we would be better off with a very mobile QB or a QB that can take a hit every once in a while. We have neither in MS. Would appreciate comment that give me some hope. thanks

This Post was written in 2009

Nothing is going to change. I think Matt is about as mobile now as he was then when he was hurt and he isn't getting any younger. I still think we learn after the season that he has been hurt or at least I am hoping so because at lease we may see a better MS next year. But even then Matt is Matt.

kiwitexansfan
01-05-2013, 12:21 PM

Brady
Manning
Rodgers
Ryan
RGIII
Wilson
MS
Flacco
Luck
Dalton
Kaep
Ponder

This seems about right to me, especially if you are talking for this playoffs and not as a future QB.

gafftop
01-05-2013, 12:36 PM
This seems about right to me, especially if you are talking for this playoffs and not as a future QB.

Talking about
(1) Now Assume they know the system and have been the QB for us all year.
(2) Future

bckey
01-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Brady
Manning
Rodgers
Ryan
Luck
Flacco
Dalton
RGIII
Wilson
MS
Kaepernick
Ponder

Sorry I should start
9 or 10 presently
11 or 12 in future
Just my opinion

I would move kaep over MS and Flacco below him

SCOTTexans
01-05-2013, 12:43 PM
Go look at the Schaub hater thread, theres about 5 people that rate schaub bottom 3 in the league....:rake:

For this list

For Sure

1) Manning
2) Brady
3) Rodgers

Then There's

4) Ryan - His good games he looks like a legit elite QB
5) RGIII - Looks hurt still but has all the talent
6) Schaub
7) Flacco - Up this high for his deep threat ability and playoff experience
8) Wilson - look what hes doing without a Elite WR
9) Luck - Down do to his turnovers
10) Dalton - I really havent been paying any attention to him, so not sure what to expect..
11) Kaep - Rookie that is hit or miss in games
12) Ponder - Check down king from what i have seen

This is overall QB and not if we had them in our system

thunderkyss
01-05-2013, 12:51 PM
In my mind, there is no difference once you get to the top 5 teams. I still have the Texans as one of the top 5 teams in the league, even though they haven't played like it recently.

If the Texans can get back to the team they were at the beginning of the season (& that team had it's faults) then there isn't a QB that's better than Matt Schaub. Not Brady, not Rogers.

I know it's not fair to the Bradies & the Rogers of the league, but when we get to the play-offs, it's a team game. We saw the New York Giants run roughshod all over the Packers & Saints last year, even though we all know Eli is not half the QB Rogers or Brees is. We've seen Flacco & Sanchez roar to the AFC Championship game even though they can't hold Tom Brady, or Peyton Manning's for that matter, jock strap.

Football, especially in the NFL, is a team game. & nobody got it as good as we do.

Goodwrench3
01-05-2013, 12:53 PM
1) Manning
2) Brady
3) Rodgers
4) Wilson
5) RGIII
6) Schaub
7) Ryan
8) Kaepernick
9) Luck
10) Flacco
11) Dalton
12) Ponder

Jules Winnfield
01-05-2013, 01:11 PM
jaws has him 9th

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/45948/jaws-ranks-schaub-ninth-among-qbs

handswarmer
01-05-2013, 01:11 PM
Maybe I am biased but last year Flacco outplayed Brady in the AFCC Game. One dropped pas from the SB

He has't been consistent this year but I would take him over Schaub- MS hasn't played a playoff game yet.

TJ Yates is a proven playoff winner compared to MS

Bulls on Parade
01-05-2013, 01:22 PM
The way Schaub has played for the past month, it's hard to rank him ahead of anybody with a straight face. NFL Matchup on ESPN broke down tape of his recent performances and he had wide-open guys open for big plays numerous times against the Colts, Vikings and Patriots and either under-threw them or over-threw them.

An elite quarterback can make those big plays down field and complete a higher percentage of those passes that tend to win games and not lose games. The offensive line gives him enough time on those particular plays but he still isn't taking advantage. He's starting to look like a deer in the headlights a la David Carr. And even worse, he's the slowest quarterback in the league. When he drops back in the pocket he isn't even evading any sacks like he used to do a few years ago.

I'm starting to think that maybe Schaub's foot is still giving him some pain and trouble. There has to be a logical reason he has performed so horribly and can no longer out-run a turtle in a wheelchair. All that being said, Matt Schaub can silence a lot of critics and doubters if he has a good showing today and wins his first career playoff game.

Matt Schaub can redeem himself today with a big playoff win. He's the reason we lost the 1st seed in the AFC Playoffs, but he can also be the reason we advance to the divisional round against the Patriots.

Donnieman
01-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Brady
Manning
Rodgers
Ryan
Luck
Flacco
Dalton
RGIII
Wilson
MS
Kaepernick
Ponder

Sorry I should start
9 or 10 presently
11 or 12 in future
Just my opinion

It's easy. Tell me if we traded Schaub after the season what would we get?
Probably a third or fourth round pick and whoever was dumb enough to take him would definitely not have hom as a starter.

Dutchrudder
01-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Maybe I am biased but last year Flacco outplayed Brady in the AFCC Game. One dropped pas from the SB

I suppose you could say that, but it ignores the fact that Baltimore was a top 5 pass defense and NE was 31st.

Donnieman
01-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Probably a third or fourth round pick and whoever was dumb enough to take him would definitely not have hom as a starter.

P.S. Watch Yates take over in second half when we are down 20-6.

Bulls on Parade
01-05-2013, 01:39 PM
In order for the Texans to win four straight games starting today and go on to win the Super Bowl: The run game has to dominate and the defense has to play like "Bulls on Parade" did in last year's playoffs. It's not impossible for that to happen but the healthy inside linebackers we have left, along with our secondary, have to elevate their game in order to match the intensity of the opposing offense.

I know our defensive line will give it all they have. I have confidence our secondary will come alive today. It's the linebackers I'm not too confident in right now. No Brian Cushing, no Tim Dibbons, we're already using our third stringer at one of the positions. The middle of the field will be wide open all game long for the Bengals, whether they want to exploit us through the air or the ground. We need Barwin and Reed to kick some ass and Bradie James has to play like he's 4 or 5 years younger - when he was beasting during his Dallas days. And hopefully Barrett Ruud can hold his own.

This is still a team game. Matt Schaub has to play well for the Texans to be holding the Lombardi Trophy a month from now. But we can still win even if he doesn't perform like an elite quarterback, but it's going to take other players stepping up their game which they haven't really done since November.

If the Texans run game and defense don't show up today the Bengals will swallow us alive and give us a beating of a lifetime. I hope guys like Arian Foster, Ben Tate, the entire offensive line and the entire defense (yes, Wade Phillips' entire group) come to play with a lot of passion, energy and heart. I'M CALLING THEM OUT AND QUESTIONING THEIR MAN HOOD!!!!!!! They have a lot to prove today.

I think it's pretty damn sad when so many of the so-called NFL experts on TV are picking the Bengals to win today. But I can't disagree with them if the Texans don't play much better than that pathetic trash that we've been seeing for the past month.

TODAY IS IT GUYS!!!!! Will the Texans step the hell up or choke again?

dream_team
01-05-2013, 03:02 PM
If we're talking about QB that can run our system then you have to put Rodgers at the top of the list and move Manning and Brady down.

This^^^ Our offense & Aaron Rodgers are a match made in heaven.

gafftop
01-05-2013, 03:03 PM

I agree only I don't think you get that much.
The only one I don't think I want over Schaub for sure is Ponder.
I really don't know a lot about him other than he gets married right in the heart of a playoff race.

Texecutioner
01-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Matt doesn't rank with anyone, anywhere, ever.

Today is his chance to change that.

Do you expect people to take you seriously when you spew this kind of crap?

I'm just asking, because I want Schaub replaced, but your hyperbole on just about everything is off the charts.

Didn't you just say last week that you didn't want us to win??

panamamyers
01-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Dead last.
Where does he rank among all NFL quarterbacks? Pretty close to dead last.

76Texan
01-05-2013, 04:59 PM
How is Dalton doing?

Surreal McCoy
01-05-2013, 05:09 PM
Do you expect people to take you seriously when you spew this kind of crap?

I'm just asking, because I want Schaub replaced, but your hyperbole on just about everything is off the charts.

Didn't you just say last week that you didn't want us to win??

Indeed and cited the massive benefits of picking 24th as opposed to 25th...

Mr. Texan
01-05-2013, 06:34 PM
How is Dalton doing?

0/8 on 3rd downs

missing a wide open aj green :kitten:

76Texan
01-05-2013, 06:36 PM
Schaub is unbeaten in the play-offs and Dalton is still winless. :kitten::chili:

Texecutioner
01-05-2013, 06:48 PM

DOn't know why he thinks that anyone would take him seriously at this point. He didn't want us to win today. We won. I'm happy, and I was ecstatic just to be able to watch my Texans in a playoff game again this year. Life is good as a Texans fan "for today at least." :toropalm:

76Texan
01-05-2013, 11:39 PM
Brady
Manning
Rodgers
Ryan
Luck
Flacco
Dalton
RGIII
Wilson
MS
Kaepernick
Ponder

Sorry I should start
9 or 10 presently
11 or 12 in future
Just my opinion

FYI, all the QBs in this list (and more, including Rivers, Brees, Big Ben, Eli, Romo)... every QBs that had been to the play-offs 2 times or more had lost in the first round MULTIPLE times.

Peyton led the futility charge with 7 losses in the first round.

Playoffs
01-05-2013, 11:45 PM
FYI, all the QBs in this list (and more, including Rivers, Brees, Big Ben, Eli, Romo)... every QBs that had been to the play-offs 2 times or more had lost in the first round MULTIPLE times.

Peyton led the futility charge with 7 losses in the first round.

Don't be trying to confuse us with facts...

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110701192360/en.futurama/images/d/da/Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

76Texan
01-06-2013, 01:15 AM
Don't be trying to confuse us with facts...

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110701192360/en.futurama/images/d/da/Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

Sorry, it's just stats.
I forgot that stats don't mean nothing. :ant:

And I just remember something, they say QBs get too much credit in Wins and also get too much blame in Losses.

I guess it doesn't apply here.

Schaub didn't get any credit from a "ton" of people for this Win and Dalton didn't get any blame from the same "ton" of people for the Bengals loss (I think they discounted last year losses, too.)

I wonder if those who "want" Dalton over Schaub ever show up and say "oops, my bad".

After all, they think Dalton is the kind of guy that Schaub can't never be, the guy who can scramble and extend play with his mobility, the guy who doesn't panick under pressure, the guy who can be accurate on the deep ball, the guy who can carry a team, the guy who can.... :scarygirl:

HJam72
01-06-2013, 08:09 AM
Dalton deserved some blame for both losses. Schaub doesn't really deserve much credit for this win. Foster and Defense won this game.

Here's where I WILL give Schaub some credit: he didn't go out there, sling it around, and throw 3 picks like Yates...

handswarmer
01-06-2013, 08:19 AM
Schaub's performance won't take the Texans far.

handswarmer
01-06-2013, 08:20 AM
I suppose you could say that, but it ignores the fact that Baltimore was a top 5 pass defense and NE was 31st.

Tom Terrific didn't have too many problems with the Jets #5, Steelers #1 and the Chiefs #6 last year.

HJam72
01-06-2013, 08:23 AM
Schaub's performance won't take the Texans far.

Yep, that's how I feel. I don't believe it's his fault. He's basically a heady QB with a serious lack of armstrength and no mobility.

handswarmer
01-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Yep, that's how I feel. I don't believe it's his fault. He's basically a heady QB with a serious lack of armstrength and no mobility.

I just feel as if he needs everything to be perfect to succeed. He wasn't stellar yesterday- he just channeled his inner T.J. Yates.:shades:

HJam72
01-06-2013, 08:31 AM
I just feel as if he needs everything to be perfect to succeed. He wasn't stellar yesterday- he just channeled his inner T.J. Yates.:shades:

Yeah, he does try awefully hard not to take risks/make mistakes. I would too if I had to go against play-off calibre Ds with his arm (or mine).

I'm not a fan of Yates, until he learns a lot. He does have more physical ability, obviously.

gafftop
01-06-2013, 11:14 AM

Why is Schaub considered a heady QB. Does a heady QB make that throw to Casey? Does a heady QB zero in on one player all the time? Does a heady QB lose his cool and rush when there is no one around?
I am beginning to think MS is just the opposite of heady?
I just must miss all the pump fakes and looks he makes to redirect the DBs.
Is there a reason Matt does not have more flexibility at the line with play calls or is it just GK thinking he is always right?

I do agree 100% with the last part of your post?

76Texan
01-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Why is Schaub considered a heady QB. Does a heady QB make that throw to Casey? Does a heady QB zero in on one player all the time? Does a heady QB lose his cool and rush when there is no one around?
I am beginning to think MS is just the opposite of heady?
I just must miss all the pump fakes and looks he makes to redirect the DBs.
Is there a reason Matt does not have more flexibility at the line with play calls or is it just GK thinking he is always right?

I do agree 100% with the last part of your post?

I just want to point out that some QBs considered as "heady" made some poor throws at times.

Consider Peyton's 3 INTs game.
How about Brees' 5 INTs game.
And they lost those games, of course.

Then if you watch Luck' play throughout the season.
Besides the INTs that he threw, there were other balls that were dropped by the Defenders when Luck threw the ball right at their numbers as if they were the ones who ran the route. Balls that looked like the one Schaub threw yesterday were also common, but luckily, the DBs didn't time it quite right, or they couldn't quite haul the ball in.

Schaub is not a great QB, but he's not a bad one either.
That is all I'm saying.

gafftop
01-06-2013, 12:14 PM

I just want to point out that some QBs considered as "heady" made some poor throws at times.

Besides the INTs that he threw, there were other balls that were dropped by the Defenders when Luck threw the ball right at their numbers as if they were the ones who ran the route. Balls that looked like the one Schaub threw yesterday were also common, but luckily, the DBs didn't time it quite right, or they couldn't quite haul the ball in.

That is all I'm saying.

Agree 100% with bold above . Sorry if you took offense to comment about heady.
i do consider the top 2 mentioned as heady. Luck I also think will be a heady QB in the future.

I did move Schaub ahead of Dalton in ranking.

Texecutioner
01-06-2013, 01:04 PM
I have never, ever posted that I did not want the Texans to win. Ever.

Yeah, you did. The thread was deleted after you lied about telling other posters to commit suicide and then challenged me to a fight somewhere.

It's exactly why no one takes you seriously. You post trash like that, and then when you're called on it, you deny ever doing it. I guess your account just gets stolen every other day. :kitten:

Here is another confirmation from someone who saw it.

Yeah, I guess everyone is a liar in here but you. Lol!

HJam72
01-06-2013, 01:43 PM

That is all I'm saying.

That is a lie. Therefore you are a liar.

:jk:

handswarmer
01-07-2013, 09:21 PM
No way you can put Schaub above Flacco.

Sorry, you just can't.

DX-TEX
01-07-2013, 09:26 PM

Sorry, you just can't.

Its a wash.

Flacco has better are strength but is crazy inaccuarte.

Schaub has a noodle arm but has a better completion %

Neither can run but I would personally take Flacco

Texan_Bill
01-07-2013, 09:37 PM

Sorry, you just can't.

Ummmmm, yes you can.... While Schaub is no great shakes, neither is Flacco.... Flacco has beneifitted from way better teams. Thats it.

handswarmer
01-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Its a wash.

Flacco has better are strength but is crazy inaccuarte.

Schaub has a noodle arm but has a better completion %

Neither can run but I would personally take Flacco
Word

Ummmmm, yes you can.... While Schaub is no great shakes, neither is Flacco.... Flacco has beneifitted from way better teams. Thats it.

having AJ hasn't helped Schaub??? Texans defense is pretty good too. Ravens isn't. Yet Flacco wins...

Texan_Bill
01-07-2013, 09:57 PM
Word

having AJ hasn't helped Schaub??? Texans defense is pretty good too. Ravens isn't. Yet Flacco wins...

Ummmm, the Texans defense is pretty good?? Perhaps you're not aware that over the last 7 or 8 games they've been ranked around 26 or 27th? If you really wanna be a respectable poster here on TexansTalk, (which is really cool) and you've been cool in the past..... Know that.

AJ.... As much as we love him here (borderline Earl or Bum status), he'll be the first to admit he's missed a few this season.

infantrycak
01-07-2013, 10:07 PM

Of course AJ has helped Schaub and vice versa. Ravens D may not be as good this year but there is no doubt Flacco has benefited from better D's over the course of his career than Schaub. Flacco has also had Ray Rice his whole career while Schaub had no running game until Foster came along. And c'mon - he was just chucking and praying to Boldin last weekend. As someone above said, I would put them about on par - with very different skill sets. If forced to choose I would take Flacco mainly because of his age.

Texan_Bill
01-07-2013, 10:11 PM
Of course AJ has helped Schaub and vice versa. Ravens D may not be as good this year but there is no doubt Flacco has benefited from better D's over the course of his career than Schaub. Flacco has also had Ray Rice his whole career while Schaub had no running game until Foster came along. And c'mon - he was just chucking and praying to Boldin last weekend. As someone above said, I would put them about on par - with very different skill sets. If forced to choose I would take Flacco mainly because of his age.

ONLY....... ONLY because of Flaccos age. Otherwise, it's a wash.

thunderkyss
01-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Of course AJ has helped Schaub and vice versa. Ravens D may not be as good this year but there is no doubt Flacco has benefited from better D's over the course of his career than Schaub. Flacco has also had Ray Rice his whole career while Schaub had no running game until Foster came along.

Yet Schaub has been more consistent. That's why I would rate Schaub over Flacco.

As far as potential goes, Flacco has him beat. But there's a lot of guys with more potential that hasn't been as consistently good as Schaub.

Texecutioner
01-07-2013, 10:32 PM
Yet Schaub has been more consistent. That's why I would rate Schaub over Flacco.

As far as potential goes, Flacco has him beat. But there's a lot of guys with more potential that hasn't been as consistently good as Schaub.

It does seem like Schaub's worst football is starting to become more consistent. I am definitely starting to think that "cutting bait" by bringing in a better player for him will soon be a smart move, but I won't forget how consistent he has been over the years just because of a few bad games. That's why I can't respect the opinions of these guys that cheer for this guy all year long and even for several years, and say nothing when we're 6-1, 7-1, 8-,1, 9-1, and 10-1, but then the minute we drop two games all of a sudden he is worthless, a bottom feeder, a joke at the position, and etc. Schaub is the same guy that he has always been .

handswarmer
01-07-2013, 10:58 PM
Ummmm, the Texans defense is pretty good?? Perhaps you're not aware that over the last 7 or 8 games they've been ranked around 26 or 27th? If you really wanna be a respectable poster here on TexansTalk, (which is really cool) and you've been cool in the past..... Know that.

AJ.... As much as we love him here (borderline Earl or Bum status), he'll be the first to admit he's missed a few this season.

I am aware of ewhata has transpired over the last few games- I was talking about the totality of the last 2 years as far as the defense goes.

Foster has been pretty damn good, AJ and Daniels too....

GP
01-07-2013, 11:08 PM
Done.

gtexan02
01-07-2013, 11:12 PM
And...........again with the "these fans" ****. You did this for "those fans" that you deemed to be worthless for rooting for Mario then turning on him when he left. Now you're doing with Schaub in the place of Mario. The constant? You attack your fellow fans and that's getting so damned old, Tex.

You've become The Fan Sheriff. My gawd, man.

Do you really need to write this in every single thread on the boards? He never even used the phrase "these fans"

GP
01-07-2013, 11:25 PM
I'm done with it.

Texecutioner
01-07-2013, 11:25 PM
And...........again with the "these fans" ****. You did this for "those fans" that you deemed to be worthless for rooting for Mario then turning on him when he left. Now you're doing with Schaub in the place of Mario. The constant? You attack your fellow fans and that's getting so damned old, Tex.

You've become The Fan Sheriff. My gawd, man.

Guilty conscience seems to have you uptight and uneasy.

GP
01-07-2013, 11:42 PM
Guilty conscience seems to have you uptight and uneasy.

Nah, man. I'm done.

I'm bigger than that. So I'm done.

I started to PM you, but it wouldn't matter. Typed it out, erased it.

You're hell bent on tearing fans a new *******. Have at it. They're all yours, King Tex. Do your worst.

Texecutioner
01-07-2013, 11:51 PM
Nah, man. I'm done.

I'm bigger than that. So I'm done.

I started to PM you, but it wouldn't matter. Typed it out, erased it.

You're hell bent on tearing fans a new *******. Have at it. They're all yours, King Tex. Do your worst.

You called yourself out there bud.

Scooter
01-07-2013, 11:57 PM
Brady
Manning
Rodgers
Ryan
Luck
Flacco
Dalton
RGIII
Wilson
MS
Kaepernick
Ponder

Sorry I should start
9 or 10 presently
11 or 12 in future
Just my opinion

well, i'd put him above luck, dalton, rg3, and ponder. in a week we'll put him over brady, flacco, wilson, and rodgers.

vupac1
01-08-2013, 12:14 AM
http://profootballmock.com/nfl-qbs-on-facebook-wild-card-bitches/

New QB conversation on facebook, playoff edition..
pretty funny, I liked the original one better

klockWork
01-08-2013, 12:48 AM
The only player Shaub goes ahead is Ponder. I see you guys have Kaepernick very low. I have him #4 on the list. I think he's that good. I can easily see him outplay Rogers next week.

Norg
01-08-2013, 01:00 AM
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
ryan mallet
Matt schaub
ravens Backup QB
Joe flacco

:P

beerlover
01-08-2013, 01:13 AM
I don't really give a **** just long as Texans win :wild:

The Pencil Neck
01-08-2013, 01:32 AM

Sorry, you just can't.

How many times has Flacco thrown for over 4700 yards in a season? 4500? 4000? Um, never? OK.

How many times has Flacco had a QB Rating over 90? 1 time? OK.

Flacco has the better arm. He's the better athlete. But he's not a better QB. And if you can hit him a couple of times, he gets shaky and starts making bad throws... especially if he's not in Baltimore.

I'd take Schaub over Flacco.

JCTexan
01-08-2013, 02:13 AM
I am aware of ewhata has transpired over the last few games- I was talking about the totality of the last 2 years as far as the defense goes.

Foster has been pretty damn good, AJ and Daniels too....

What is the point mentioning last year? Schaub had Houston at 7-3 last year before he got injured. That was the first year he didn't have a terrible defense. In 2010 Houston had a historically bad defense. There was a period that year where the defense gave up over thirty points every game (7 games straight).

If you're just talking about the last two years then how can you say Flacco just wins over Schaub? Flacco got the Ravens one game further than Houston last year (despite playing a non-Schaub Texans), and didn't Houston have more wins than Baltimore this year? This argument seems inconsistent to me...

Bottom line, this is the first time Schaub has experienced the playoffs. Last year he got injured and previous years the defense didn't do it's job. Does Schaub have what it takes in the playoffs? I honestly don't know, but this week against the Patriots will be his first real challenge in the playoffs.

TejasTom
01-08-2013, 06:42 AM
He moved up from 12 to 8.

gafftop
01-08-2013, 06:50 AM
Brady
Manning
Rodgers
Ryan
Luck
Flacco
Dalton
RGIII
Wilson
MS
Kaepernick
Ponder

Sorry I should start
9 or 10 presently
11 or 12 in future
Just my opinion

Just want to be clear, the list above was not put in order.

2012Champs
01-08-2013, 10:22 AM
He is just a sad little girl hiding behind a computer.

Everyone knows it.

and what exactly would that make you? A **** talking teenage boy?

2012Champs
01-08-2013, 10:35 AM
I speak my mind and have very rarely pointed a comment at someone personally unless they did so first to me. So I am a fan who has a strong opinion as a fan. As a man if I say something to anyone I will be more then happy to meet and discuss a possible resolution to whatever seems to be the issue. You see its one thing to have a big mouth and act like a big shot, and entirely different to be willing to back up your comments outside the confines and safety of a computer screen.

I highly doubt you would act in person the way you do here or the other texans board you got banned from. I guess talking **** and telling another person to go get drunk and play on some escalators is something you would do in person too huh? If it is you have issues, if not it seems you too have been bitten by the Im a badass message board thug virus

In the end though it would better if folks would just discuss football and leave the personal comments out of it. Browse through the threads and you will see more personal attacks here than quality comments on the team. It is the environment that has been allowed to flourish on this board unfortunately.

The way you post and how you come across certainly takes away from the acutal football discussion and adds to the crap that goes on

If you don't think a player is doing a good job you get called a troll. If someone disagrees with your opinion you get your intelligence questioned. Why not just come back with a counter point and debate the issue or agree to disagree? Instead of calling names and making up lies about other members and asking for people to get banned for their opinion.

Would be a more inviting and productive climate I think.

I dont think anyone calls you a troll simply for the fact that you dont like Matt Schaub. You are beyond rediculous with many of your posts and your hate for Matt makes you blind and thats what drives the responses you get.

Did you get banned from the other board for having an opposing opinion while acting in a mature fashion?

handswarmer
01-08-2013, 10:58 AM
How many times has Flacco thrown for over 4700 yards in a season? 4500? 4000? Um, never? OK.

How many times has Flacco had a QB Rating over 90? 1 time? OK.

Flacco has the better arm. He's the better athlete. But he's not a better QB. And if you can hit him a couple of times, he gets shaky and starts making bad throws... especially if he's not in Baltimore.

I'd take Schaub over Flacco.

i'll take 'What is "I'm in the wrong category?" for $800, Alec'

The question was "Re: Where does Matt rank with QBs in playoffs ?"

I made it big so you could see it....

handswarmer
01-08-2013, 11:03 AM
What is the point mentioning last year? Schaub had Houston at 7-3 last year before he got injured. That was the first year he didn't have a terrible defense. In 2010 Houston had a historically bad defense. There was a period that year where the defense gave up over thirty points every game (7 games straight).

If you're just talking about the last two years then how can you say Flacco just wins over Schaub? Flacco got the Ravens one game further than Houston last year (despite playing a non-Schaub Texans), and didn't Houston have more wins than Baltimore this year? This argument seems inconsistent to me...

Bottom line, this is the first time Schaub has experienced the playoffs. Last year he got injured and previous years the defense didn't do it's job. Does Schaub have what it takes in the playoffs? I honestly don't know, but this week against the Patriots will be his first real challenge in the playoffs.

You got on me for including last year then you went back to 2010? That makes no sense.

Schaub has benefitted from a better running game, better WR and a better defense, yet Flacco has more wins.

2012Champs
01-08-2013, 11:40 AM
This board isn't here for you and I to have personal discussions. If you want personal information from me you can PM me. Lets talk football or just not talk.

I dont need anything from you so we can leave it at not talking until you post something stupid in terms of football and then I will comment

edit: I noticed your neg rep and little rant. Im not sure why you think you getting banned for acting like a fool on another texans message board shouldnt be brought up here but I think it is certainly relevant to how you act on this board as well

Texecutioner
01-08-2013, 11:41 AM
and what exactly would that make you? A **** talking teenage boy?

Actually he is improving. Lol!

At least he is calling people little girls now. It's better then his typical suicide requests. Lol!

infantrycak
01-08-2013, 11:43 AM
OK folks, knock off the personal chatter. It's been covered. No need for more back and forth.

Texan_Touchdown
01-08-2013, 12:11 PM
My List goes I would take.

T. Brady
P. Manning
A. Rogers
D. Brees
E. Manning
B. Rothlesberger

and the rest I can't tell you. Matt Schuab is down there some where with Flacco.

JCTexan
01-08-2013, 12:16 PM
You got on me for including last year then you went back to 2010? That makes no sense.

Schaub has benefitted from a better running game, better WR and a better defense, yet Flacco has more wins.

This doesn't make sense. You say Schaub has benefitted from a better defense? The only way that's true is if we're talking about the past two years and the Ravens & Texans had similar defenses last year (both gave up the same amount of yards & points per game).

Saying "Flacco just wins" over Schaub only makes sense if we're going beyond the past two years. Schaub wasn't a participant in the playoffs and both teams were at 7-3 when Schaub got injured. This year Houston was 12-4 entering the playoffs and Baltimore 10-6. Last year the Ravens went 12-4 and Houston was 10-6.

If you want to go further into the past (2010?) then I can understand you saying Flacco just wins, though you would have to eliminate the "Schaub benefitting from a better running game, better defense, etc." comment.

The Pencil Neck
01-08-2013, 01:43 PM

Schaub has only had a better defense the past couple of years.

QBs don't win games, teams do. If our defense had been better over the course of Schaub's career, he'd have more wins than Flacco. Over the past 2 years when Schaub has actually had a defense he could rely on, he's had more wins than Flacco.

The Pencil Neck
01-08-2013, 01:44 PM
i'll take 'What is "I'm in the wrong category?" for $800, Alec'

The question was "Re: Where does Matt rank with QBs in playoffs ?"

I made it big so you could see it....

Not in the wrong category at all. Flacco is not as good of a QB as Schaub therefore I rank Matt higher than Flacco.

handswarmer
01-09-2013, 05:52 AM
This doesn't make sense. You say Schaub has benefitted from a better defense? The only way that's true is if we're talking about the past two years and the Ravens & Texans had similar defenses last year (both gave up the same amount of yards & points per game).

Saying "Flacco just wins" over Schaub only makes sense if we're going beyond the past two years. Schaub wasn't a participant in the playoffs and both teams were at 7-3 when Schaub got injured. This year Houston was 12-4 entering the playoffs and Baltimore 10-6. Last year the Ravens went 12-4 and Houston was 10-6.

If you want to go further into the past (2010?) then I can understand you saying Flacco just wins, though you would have to eliminate the "Schaub benefitting from a better running game, better defense, etc." comment.

So Schaub started all 16 games last year?

handswarmer
01-09-2013, 05:56 AM
Schaub has only had a better defense the past couple of years.

QBs don't win games, teams do. If our defense had been better over the course of Schaub's career, he'd have more wins than Flacco. Over the past 2 years when Schaub has actually had a defense he could rely on, he's had more wins than Flacco.

Wrong answer- Schaub 19 wins Flacco 22 Wins + 2 more in playoffs

Fred
01-09-2013, 06:23 AM

If you play it that way, over the last two years, Schaub 7 losses ( none in playoffs), Flacco 10 losses (+1 in playoffs).

handswarmer
01-09-2013, 06:38 AM
Not in the wrong category at all. Flacco is not as good of a QB as Schaub therefore I rank Matt higher than Flacco.

Playoffs, not regular season. You used regular season stats. Not post season.

Schaub was shaky last weekend.

handswarmer
01-09-2013, 06:40 AM
If you play it that way, over the last two years, Schaub 7 losses ( none in playoffs), Flacco 10 losses (+1 in playoffs).

With 8 more chances to do so. Flacco hasn't missed a start in his career- 5 years now.

JCTexan
01-09-2013, 10:14 AM
So Schaub started all 16 games last year?

No. Both the Texans & Ravens were 7-3 when Schaub got injured.

During this period Flacco only has one more playoff win than Schaub, which ironically came against the Texans. Both teams have the same amount of playoff victories the past two years.

With 8 more chances to do so. Flacco hasn't missed a start in his career- 5 years now.

Ok? So you're willing to mention Flacco's wins during the period Schaub got injured but not his losses? It works both ways...

Dread-Head
01-09-2013, 10:36 AM
Joe Flacco is the bottom of the barrel. Matt Schaub is that thin film of slime that forms just ABOVE that. NEITHER will get into the hall of fame unless they're driving around in Ohio and get lost.

imatexan
01-09-2013, 10:43 AM

He hasn't missed a start but he sure has "missed plenty of starts by being on the field and not showing up.

Schaub>Flacco.

Not a great indicator but there is a reason for Matts better stats and pro bowl appearances.

Dutchrudder
01-09-2013, 11:09 AM
Texans fans: My turd is shinier than yours!
Ravens fans: No it's not! Mine has more polish on it!
Texans fans: Nuh uh!
Ravens fans: Yeah huh!

:slapfight:

thunderkyss
01-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Texans fans: My turd is shinier than yours!
Ravens fans: No it's not! Mine has more polish on it!

:slapfight:

Hey.......

that's elite turd.

The Pencil Neck
01-09-2013, 12:09 PM
Playoffs, not regular season. You used regular season stats. Not post season.

Schaub was shaky last weekend.

You want to bring up Flacco's post season stats? Really? How many games has he thrown for under 200 yards in the playoffs?

handswarmer
01-10-2013, 04:23 PM
You want to bring up Flacco's post season stats? Really? How many games has he thrown for under 200 yards in the playoffs?

200 yds is the benchmark? Really?

Who has more wins? He's 6-4. Blah blah blah about the defense and running game....Schaub had that in NE earlier this year and look what happened.

Last year Playoffs in NE- Flacco was 22-36 61.1% for 306 2TD 1INT
This year Reg Sea n NE- Schaub was 19-32 59% for 232 0TD 1INT

And go back and look at the defenses that Flacco has played against in the playoffs.

gafftop
01-10-2013, 04:42 PM
I hope Flacco shows us he is ELITE this weekend.

I want another HOME Playoff game.

Javi
01-10-2013, 04:58 PM
1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Rodgers
4. Ryan
5. Wilson
6. Kapernick
7. Flacco
8. Schaub

The Pencil Neck
01-10-2013, 06:21 PM
200 yds is the benchmark? Really?

Who has more wins? He's 6-4. Blah blah blah about the defense and running game....Schaub had that in NE earlier this year and look what happened.

Last year Playoffs in NE- Flacco was 22-36 61.1% for 306 2TD 1INT
This year Reg Sea n NE- Schaub was 19-32 59% for 232 0TD 1INT

And go back and look at the defenses that Flacco has played against in the playoffs.

If you consistently throw for less than 200 yards per game, you suck as a QB. Flacco has played in 10 playoff games. He's thrown for over 200 yards in 3 of them. He averages 180 yards per playoff game.

Just pulling a name out of the air... Chad Pennington. He was an OK QB in his day and his day wasn't too long ago. He averaged just over 230 yards per game in the playoffs. He was not a great QB.

Like I said earlier in the thread, Flacco has all the tools to be a great QB except for the stuff between his ears and the stuff in his heart. If you hit him a couple of times, he starts getting inaccurate and he starts making bad decisions. Flacco is like Sanchez with an arm.

Going into the playoffs if I had to choose between Schaub and Flacco, I'd take Schaub. Schaub's going to complete a higher percentage of passes and he's going to make better reads.

powda
01-10-2013, 06:25 PM
Schaub ranks exactly 16th. Utterly average.

thunderkyss
01-10-2013, 06:34 PM
I think Schaub has shaken off his "play offs" jitters.

After this game, a lot of people are going to change the way they think about Matt Schaub.

Think of a less athletic, much smarter Jake Plummer.

powda
01-10-2013, 06:39 PM
Think of a less athletic, much smarter Jake Plummer.

If that was meant to make some of us feel better it didn't.

thunderkyss
01-10-2013, 06:49 PM
If that was meant to make some of us feel better it didn't.

That offense averaged 27-30 ppg. Same as us, before New England. Lately, we've been scoring 17 ppg or so.

I know the Pats score about 32 ppg, but that's for the bulls on parade to sort out. If we score high 20's, low 30s our offense is giving us a shot.

handswarmer
01-10-2013, 08:13 PM
If you consistently throw for less than 200 yards per game, you suck as a QB. Flacco has played in 10 playoff games. He's thrown for over 200 yards in 3 of them. He averages 180 yards per playoff game.

Just pulling a name out of the air... Chad Pennington. He was an OK QB in his day and his day wasn't too long ago. He averaged just over 230 yards per game in the playoffs. He was not a great QB.

Like I said earlier in the thread, Flacco has all the tools to be a great QB except for the stuff between his ears and the stuff in his heart. If you hit him a couple of times, he starts getting inaccurate and he starts making bad decisions. Flacco is like Sanchez with an arm.

Going into the playoffs if I had to choose between Schaub and Flacco, I'd take Schaub. Schaub's going to complete a higher percentage of passes and he's going to make better reads.

yardage as a benchmark is foolish- there are QB's every week that throw for 300-400 yds and lose
There have been 14 500 yd passers in NFL history- 6 of them lost. Weehaw

Matter of fact- the last 5 QB's to go over 400 yds passing are a combined 1W- 4Losses (Last 2 were Romo vs Brees in OT on Dec 23rd) Out of the last 10 Qb's over 400yds, they had 3 Wins and 7 Losses.

Saying a Qb needs to throw for a lot of yards is like saying, "Our defense only gives up 250 yds a game" but the other teams score 30 pts oevery game. Yards get you nothing. Its about scoring, game management, running the ball and not turning the ball over.
BTW- Schaub sure did make a good read on that pass to the guy wearing the other teams colors for a Pick 6.

The Pencil Neck
01-10-2013, 08:31 PM
yardage as a benchmark is foolish- there are QB's every week that throw for 300-400 yds and lose
There have been 14 500 yd passers in NFL history- 6 of them lost. Weehaw

Matter of fact- the last 5 QB's to go over 400 yds passing are a combined 1W- 4Losses (Last 2 were Romo vs Brees in OT on Dec 23rd) Out of the last 10 Qb's over 400yds, they had 3 Wins and 7 Losses.

Saying a Qb needs to throw for a lot of yards is like saying, "Our defense only gives up 250 yds a game" but the other teams score 30 pts oevery game. Yards get you nothing.

And, yet, how many quarterbacks have thrown for less than 200 yards in the SB in the past 10 years? 2. Roethlisberger in a win where he played like dogcrap and Rex Grossman in a loss where he played like dogcrap.

Looking at the yardage a QB puts up can be deceiving. Losing QBs frequently have to throw more than winning QBs.

But I wasn't saying you have to throw for over 300 or 400 yards. I was putting a LOWER bound. And throwing for less than 200 yards on a consistent basis is an indication of a bad QB any way you slice it. Any QB who's throwing for less than 200 yards isn't contributing to the team.

But, btw, in games where he's thrown for over 400 yards, Matt Schaub is 3-1. What's Flacco's record in games where he's thrown for over 400 yards? Oh, that's right, 0-0.

Its about scoring, game management, running the ball and not turning the ball over.
BTW- Schaub sure did make a good read on that pass to the guy wearing the other teams colors for a Pick 6.

So... what you're saying is that having a good quarterback doesn't matter as long as he doesn't make too many mistakes. Which, I guess, that's true when your QB sucks like Flacco has over the course of his career.

And, yeah, Schaub made a bad throw. But at least in his first playoff game, he completed over 75% of his passes. How many times has Flacco done that in the playoffs? Oh, yeah, never.

handswarmer
01-10-2013, 08:48 PM
And, yet, how many quarterbacks have thrown for less than 200 yards in the SB in the past 10 years? 2. Roethlisberger in a win where he played like dogcrap and Rex Grossman in a loss where he played like dogcrap.

Looking at the yardage a QB puts up can be deceiving. Losing QBs frequently have to throw more than winning QBs.

But I wasn't saying you have to throw for over 300 or 400 yards. I was putting a LOWER bound. And throwing for less than 200 yards on a consistent basis is an indication of a bad QB any way you slice it. Any QB who's throwing for less than 200 yards isn't contributing to the team.

But, btw, in games where he's thrown for over 400 yards, Matt Schaub is 3-1. What's Flacco's record in games where he's thrown for over 400 yards? Oh, that's right, 0-0.

So... what you're saying is that having a good quarterback doesn't matter as long as he doesn't make too many mistakes. Which, I guess, that's true when your QB sucks like Flacco has over the course of his career.

And, yeah, Schaub made a bad throw. But at least in his first playoff game, he completed over 75% of his passes. How many times has Flacco done that in the playoffs? Oh, yeah, never.

Steelers didn't need Ben to throw for 300 yds in the first SB- they had a running game and a defense.

So why did you write this=> "Looking at the yardage a QB puts up can be deceiving." then write this ' Any QB who's throwing for less than 200 yards isn't contributing to the team. '

Make up your mind.

You think Flacco sucks- whoopee. I just proved where you intial theory was incorrect. But its ok. Schaub will take you to the promised land.:vincepalm:

EllisUnit
01-10-2013, 08:53 PM
Oh lord i feel like we are playing the ravens this weekend after reading this thread.

Neither one has won a SB, Flacco in more tries then Schaub but still both have zeros. The play-offs dont mean **** unless you bring home the Lombardi. Sooooo both have no ranking IMO

klockWork
01-10-2013, 09:09 PM
1) Rodgers
2) Brady
3) Manning
4) Kaepernik
5) Wilson
6) RG3
7) Luck
8) Flacco
9) Schaub
10) Ponder

Flacco could be at best #4 if he played for Texans and Schaub would be a #10 If he'd played for Ravens.

Edit* I can't see Schaub on that list since the Ravens won't be in the PA w him as the QB this season.

The Pencil Neck
01-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Steelers didn't need Ben to throw for 300 yds in the first SB- they had a running game and a defense.

So why did you write this=> "Looking at the yardage a QB puts up can be deceiving." then write this ' Any QB who's throwing for less than 200 yards isn't contributing to the team. '

Make up your mind.

You think Flacco sucks- whoopee. I just proved where you intial theory was incorrect. But its ok. Schaub will take you to the promised land.:vincepalm:

There's no logical problem with the two statements I made.

Yardage CAN be deceiving. Do you understand the difference between "CAN" and "ALWAYS IS"? I gave an instance where a big total yard number is deceiving (when a QB is having to throw to come back) and a case where it ISN'T deceiving (when a QB habitually throws less than 200 yards.) These are two different situations and scenarios.

You want to have a QB who CAN throw for a lot of yards if he has to. Flacco's not a guy you want to have to depend on to throw for yardage or for completion percentage. He's the kind of QB whose team has to prop him up. Not unlike Roethlisberger in his first SB.

The Steelers won that SB with Roethlisberger DESPITE Roethlisberger. He sucked in that game. Just like Flacco has sucked in most of his playoff appearances.

76Texan
01-10-2013, 09:54 PM
Advanced NFL Stats has an unique approach to stats.
It adds the element of probability.

For example WPA/Game is the Win Probability Added Value of a player (in this case, the QB). It gives you how much quality you get from your QB that helps you win the game.

When you look at this number (since a QB might be injured and didn't play the whole season), it shows that Schaub have had more better games than Flacco since 07, even though Flacco did have a couple of years where he was ahead of Schaub in this measure.

However, keep in mind that WPA is somewhat dependent on the defense and ST play.

There's another measure called EPA/P (Expected Point Added per Play).
It tries to depict how each QB's individual play helps add points to his team.
By this measure, Schaub has been consistently much better than Flacco.

These don't tell you how good the protections are or how much the receivers help or hurt the QBs.

No matter what, it gives you a broad view of the abilities of these guys if you add a whole career together.

On these basis, Schaub >>> Flacco.

You can google that website and check it out for yourself.

Have fun. :)=P

handswarmer
01-11-2013, 07:50 AM
There's no logical problem with the two statements I made.

Yardage CAN be deceiving. Do you understand the difference between "CAN" and "ALWAYS IS"? I gave an instance where a big total yard number is deceiving (when a QB is having to throw to come back) and a case where it ISN'T deceiving (when a QB habitually throws less than 200 yards.) These are two different situations and scenarios.

You want to have a QB who CAN throw for a lot of yards if he has to. Flacco's not a guy you want to have to depend on to throw for yardage or for completion percentage. He's the kind of QB whose team has to prop him up. Not unlike Roethlisberger in his first SB.

The Steelers won that SB with Roethlisberger DESPITE Roethlisberger. He sucked in that game. Just like Flacco has sucked in most of his playoff appearances.

If I take out Joe's 1st game in the playoffs for the simple fact the game plan was protecting him (his 17th game as a rookie) and his 1st game the next year where he only had to throw 10 passes vs a NE in a beatdown (Ray Rice goes 83 yds on the 1st play from scrimmage for a TD), then Joe averages 205 yds a game.

In those 1st couple of years, Joe didn't have a guy like AJ he could throw to either- Derrick Mason et al do not send fear into a secondary.

But again, all the numbers can be manipulated for benefit of each point of view.
But again

EllisUnit
01-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Advanced NFL Stats has an unique approach to stats.
It adds the element of probability.

For example WPA/Game is the Win Probability Added Value of a player (in this case, the QB). It gives you how much quality you get from your QB that helps you win the game.

When you look at this number (since a QB might be injured and didn't play the whole season), it shows that Schaub have had more better games than Flacco since 07, even though Flacco did have a couple of years where he was ahead of Schaub in this measure.

However, keep in mind that WPA is somewhat dependent on the defense and ST play.

There's another measure called EPA/P (Expected Point Added per Play).
It tries to depict how each QB's individual play helps add points to his team.
By this measure, Schaub has been consistently much better than Flacco.

These don't tell you how good the protections are or how much the receivers help or hurt the QBs.

No matter what, it gives you a broad view of the abilities of these guys if you add a whole career together.

On these basis, Schaub >>> Flacco.

You can google that website and check it out for yourself.

Have fun. :)=P

Hmmm pretty interesting especially considering Flacco has had that Dominant ravens defense his who career. And the texans up until recently have been average at best except 2010 when we were horrid.

76Texan
01-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Hmmm pretty interesting especially considering Flacco has had that Dominant ravens defense his who career. And the texans up until recently have been average at best except 2010 when we were horrid.

And poor special team play, too!

And how many games did AJ miss? O.D.?

thunderkyss
01-11-2013, 11:26 AM
Hmmm pretty interesting especially considering Flacco has had that Dominant ravens defense his who career.

Don't forget Ray Rice & one of the better LTs in the league.

handswarmer
01-11-2013, 12:11 PM
Don't forget Ray Rice & one of the better LTs in the league.

Fster is a lesser back than Ray Rice?

Better LT's??? You mean the one wh got switcched to Right Tackle a few weeks ago because he sucks?:mariopalm:

thunderkyss
01-11-2013, 12:20 PM
Fster is a lesser back than Ray Rice?

Better LT's??? You mean the one wh got switcched to Right Tackle a few weeks ago because he sucks?:mariopalm:

Do they teach reading comprehension up there?

Originally Posted by EllisUnit
Hmmm pretty interesting especially considering Flacco has had that Dominant ravens defense his whole career. And the texans up until recently have been average at best except 2010 when we were horrid.

Schaub has not had Foster or a dominant LT his whole career. Flacco has had Rice & a dominant LT his whole career. That's why he could win play-off games throwing for less than 200 yards a game.

Flacco had no more affect on those games than Schaub did in our 2011 Wild Card win over Cincy.

handswarmer
01-11-2013, 01:12 PM
Do they teach reading comprehension up there?

Schaub has not had Foster or a dominant LT his whole career. Flacco has had Rice & a dominant LT his whole career. That's why he could win play-off games throwing for less than 200 yards a game.

Flacco had no more affect on those games than Schaub did in our 2011 Wild Card win over Cincy.

I'll help you out here since you don't watch too many Ravens games

2008- Ray rice splits carries with Willis MaGahee and LeRon McLain

Flacco has had only one more year with Rice than Schaub has had with Foster (09)

Which dominant LT are you talking about?

Jon Ogden retired in 07, Jared Gaither was the LT in 08 and 09- Oher was drafted in 09- in 10 he was switched to LT from RT- he struggled so bad that before the '11 season, the Ravens went out and signed Brynat "Love Boat" McKinnie who played LT all last year. Then he got benched for Oher- I have no idea why.

Only recently has McKinnie played LT- like the last 2 games

gafftop
01-12-2013, 08:00 PM
I hope Schaub can play as good as Flacco did today.
Thank you Ravens for giving us a chance to host anothe playoff game.

thunderkyss
01-12-2013, 08:07 PM

Flacco was definitely a bigger factor in both of their wins than Schaub has been over the last 5 weeks.

I honestly don't give a crap about Schaub. If we win, we win. I just don't see us winning without him having a big day.

Atl Cav
01-12-2013, 08:19 PM
Flacco was very good...Not great. his receivers were great.

Schaub can step up, but the receivers need to do the same. I believe they can.

76Texan
01-12-2013, 08:19 PM

I pulled for the Ravens to win, so I'm glad they did.

But Flacco was more lucky than good today.

One TD was due to poor secondary play (the one down the middle).

The one to Torrey could have been called Offensive PI.
The ball was thrown to a place where Bailey was in better position to make a play.

The one in OT could have been intercepted or at least broken up.
It was actually short and Jones had to wait for it.

thunderkyss
01-12-2013, 08:21 PM

So true.... so true.

handswarmer
01-12-2013, 08:24 PM

The ball was thrown to a place where Bailey was in better position to make a play.

Waaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuggggggggghhhhhhhh

You'll cry about anything....

Make a tee time for monday

76Texan
01-12-2013, 08:27 PM

If the Pats secondary play like the Broncos' unit today and Schaub is protected as Well as Flacco was, and the receivers make plays like the Ravens did today, there's no reason why Schaub can't look good.

Foster breaking for a big one like Rice did can help, too.

76Texan
01-12-2013, 08:29 PM
Waaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuggggggggghhhhhhhh

You'll cry about anything....

Make a tee time for monday

Congratulation on the win man.

But a spade is a spade. I won't be getting into a back-and-forth with you so don't bother. :)

76Texan
01-12-2013, 08:32 PM
So another QB that people want over Schaub stunk today.

Peyton with a pick, LOL.

Make it the 8th loss in the first play-off games for Forehead.
Goodbye $18M! :smiliedance:

76Texan
01-12-2013, 08:34 PM

On top of that he missed 2 deep throws when there was no pressure.

76Texan
01-12-2013, 08:37 PM
Dude, one year with a new team after those surgeries and he got this far .... we better win this year ...

Peyton probably has two more in him.

I don't know, they may lose a player or two next year.

They will probably lose even more the following year due to some key players due for a big payday.

handswarmer
01-12-2013, 08:45 PM
Congratulation on the win man.

But a spade is a spade. I won't be getting into a back-and-forth with you so don't bother. :)

Its all good dude- Joe payed like a champ today:koolaid:

Honoring Earl 34
01-12-2013, 08:49 PM
Dude, one year with a new team after those surgeries and he got this far .... we better win this year ...

It was on a tee for him this year and he didn't get it done .

handswarmer
01-12-2013, 08:54 PM
18/34 331yds 3TDS and a 116 rating..... not too shabby

thunderkyss
01-12-2013, 08:55 PM
So another QB that people want over Schaub stunk today.

Peyton with a pick, LOL.

Make it the 8th loss in the first play-off games for Forehead.
Goodbye $18M! :smiliedance:

76..... you're unreal. Really.

It was 2 picks & a fumble.

Dutchrudder
01-12-2013, 08:55 PM
I don't know, they may lose a player or two next year.

They will probably lose even more the following year due to some key players due for a big payday.

The big upcoming free agent is LT Ryan Clady. He turned down a 5 year 50 million dollar offer this offseason. Now the Broncos will have a good amount of capspace next year, but Clady will eat up a lot of it if he stays. I'm guessing he wants Joe Thomas type money, which is about 12 a year. It would be nice if he decided to eat up a lot of it and hurt the Broncos chances of acquiring more free agents.

Other than him, the only significant losses are Tracy Porter and Brandon Stokely. They should be easy to replace through the draft, but I think today's game was a pretty obvious show of issues on the Denver defense. Bailey just can't keep up with WRs anymore and should be moved to safety. Bring in a young talented CB and groom him to become the #1. I would expect the Broncos to draft two CBs this next draft, it's clearly a dire need.

Dutchrudder
01-12-2013, 08:59 PM

Manning had 4 turnovers and 3 sacks. 2 INTs, 2 fumbles lost.

Flacco had 1 turnover and 1 sack. 1 fumble lost.

18/34 331yds 3TDS and a 116 rating..... not too shabby

Flacco played well today and out-dueled Manning. 14 of the Broncos points came from special teams, 7 of the Ravens points came from defense. I think that's pretty significant that the Ravens offense actually scored more points than the Broncos offense.

I was happy to see Flacco's ability to roll out of the pocket to extend plays or safely throw away the ball. I think that made a huge difference in this game, as the Broncos defense didn't really hit Flacco too much. Granted the Ravens were often using 6 blockers or more on passing plays, but it worked. Congrats, hopefully we will see you in Houston next week :D

thunderkyss
01-12-2013, 09:03 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot the didn't grant him the tuck rule.

76Texan
01-12-2013, 09:19 PM

I didn't put the pass where the receiver deflected the ball on Manning.

Unlike some people, I don't blindly believe in just any stats. :kitten:

patsfan13
01-12-2013, 09:35 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot the didn't grant him the tuck rule.

When I looked at the play I thought he lost the tuck rule when he lost the ball when it hit the OLman's butt. It isn't legal to tuck the ball in the butt.

:lol:

BeerTastesLikeVictory
01-12-2013, 09:49 PM
It isn't legal to tuck the ball in the butt.

:lol:

Tell that to Mark Sanchez

gafftop
01-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Of 8 left this weekend
Brady
Rodgers
Manning
Kaepernick
Flacco
Ryan
Wilson MS

Matt make me eat crow, PLEASE

76Texan
01-12-2013, 10:13 PM
The big upcoming free agent is LT Ryan Clady. He turned down a 5 year 50 million dollar offer this offseason. Now the Broncos will have a good amount of capspace next year, but Clady will eat up a lot of it if he stays. I'm guessing he wants Joe Thomas type money, which is about 12 a year. It would be nice if he decided to eat up a lot of it and hurt the Broncos chances of acquiring more free agents.

Other than him, the only significant losses are Tracy Porter and Brandon Stokely. They should be easy to replace through the draft, but I think today's game was a pretty obvious show of issues on the Denver defense. Bailey just can't keep up with WRs anymore and should be moved to safety. Bring in a young talented CB and groom him to become the #1. I would expect the Broncos to draft two CBs this next draft, it's clearly a dire need.

Man, I just realize that they have a bunch cap space from previous years that they can roll over. It looks like they will be just fine.

76Texan
01-12-2013, 10:17 PM
Of 8 left this weekend
Brady
Rodgers
Manning
Kaepernick
Flacco
Ryan
Wilson MS

This list doesn't look too bad.

I don't know if I would take Flacco over Schaub though.
Maybe next year.

Wilson, I like his upside quite a bit. Not sure he plays better this year, however.

hradhak
01-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Kaepernick is outplaying Rodgers right now. He could be dangerous in the next few years. I see SF winning a SB in the next few years.

Flacco outplayed Manning. I don't expect Schaub to do the same with Brady, but our run game has to make up the gap for us to win.

DocBar
01-12-2013, 10:29 PM
Above Manning and Rodgers, evidently. If he can beat Brady, I like our chances. We match up very well, except for ST, with Baltimore.

patsfan13
01-12-2013, 10:40 PM
Tell that to Mark Sanchez

Well the head in the butt move by Sanchez is way worse than the Manning ball in the butt move, both are parts of losing efforts of course. :)

ObsiWan
01-12-2013, 10:55 PM

Hell, Denver was a playoff team last year with Tim Tebow at QB...
:wadepalm:

sorry, not impressed.

klockWork
01-12-2013, 11:00 PM
I see you guys have Kaepernick very low. I have him #4 on the list. I think he's that good. I can easily see him outplay Rogers next week.

You guys don't realized how good this dude can be. I was already convinced on that MNF game against the Bears a few weeks ago. He's is like a bigger version of Johnny Manziel. I can't see anyone preventing SF from playing in the SB.

klockWork
01-12-2013, 11:57 PM

Why you despised Flacco so much? The guy threw 2 deep TD pass in stride against all pro Champ Bailey and threw another long one to tied the game up late. And you call that having a lucky day? I call that forcing the Defense's hands. I call that not taking what the Defense gives you and take what is rightfully yours.

That is an epic PO performances. I have no problem giving this man credits.

76Texan
01-13-2013, 08:56 AM
Why you despised Flacco so much? The guy threw 2 deep TD pass in stride against all pro Champ Bailey and threw another long one to tied the game up late. And you call that having a lucky day? I call that forcing the Defense's hands. I call that not taking what the Defense gives you and take what is rightfully yours.

Just read the game thread in the NFLsection.

I can't keep repeating myself. :)-=P

handswarmer
01-13-2013, 08:59 AM

Flacco had 1 turnover and 1 sack. 1 fumble lost.

Flacco played well today and out-dueled Manning. 14 of the Broncos points came from special teams, 7 of the Ravens points came from defense. I think that's pretty significant that the Ravens offense actually scored more points than the Broncos offense.

I was happy to see Flacco's ability to roll out of the pocket to extend plays or safely throw away the ball. I think that made a huge difference in this game, as the Broncos defense didn't really hit Flacco too much. Granted the Ravens were often using 6 blockers or more on passing plays, but it worked. Congrats, hopefully we will see you in Houston next week :D

The reworked Oline did wonders yesterday.

Daravenator
01-13-2013, 10:11 AM

Joe Flacco

NFL records
First rookie quarterback to start all sixteen games and make the playoffs (shared with Matt Ryan)
First rookie quarterback to win two playoff games
Most starts by a quarterback in first season: 19
Most starts by a quarterback in first two seasons: 37
Most starts by a quarterback in first three seasons: 55
Most starts by a quarterback in first four seasons: 73
Most starts by a quarterback in first five seasons: 90
Most wins by a quarterback in first 60 consecutive starts: 40
Most combined regular and postseason wins in first three years as a quarterback: 36 (tied with Dan Marino)
Only quarterback to start and win a playoff game in each of his first five seasons
Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first five seasons: 54

Also, Flacco has never missed a snap due to injury since he has started. He's a lot tougher than people give him credit. He may not be a pretty boy QB like Manning, Brady or Rodgers, but he ain't as bad as some would make him out to be. Ryan is 0-3 in the playoffs. If he loses against the Seahawks this year and ends up 0-4, I hope the Ryan v. Flacco talk gets flushed down the crapper. He out out-dueled Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in back-to-back playoff seasons. Ain't many QB's out there who can say that.

thunderkyss
01-13-2013, 10:16 AM
The problem with Flacco, is that guy who showed up yesterday doesn't always show up.

Next week, with the Noise at Reliant & the Bulls on Parade, he's going to look like a mistake prone rookie & the debate will be renewed.

hradhak
01-13-2013, 10:48 AM
I don't think you can argue that Manning was clutch yesterday. He scored a net 14 points for his team (21 - 7 on the pick 6). He had 4 TOs as well.

Flacco was the better QB yesterday. People aren't going to give him credit until he wins a SB.

Rodgers also wasn't elite yesterday. He didn't play a bad game, but his team got beaten by a QB with only 6 or so starts to his name.

I think this elite/clutch debate is gonna get us nowhere. Ultimately the QB is only a component of the overall team winning. Manning did enough for his team to win, but didn't because his defense was terrible. Ditto for GB.

Schaub needs to play well to win, but his running game and defense are also huge pieces to us winning.

thunderkyss
01-13-2013, 11:11 AM
I know Matt doesn't read these boards, & he doesn't listen to the opinions espoused by the media.

But what if Matt is not playing his game, because he's trying to be more than he is? What if his "mistakes" are the result of him trying to "step up"

Would you rather not see that safe, conservative Matt who can "lead" us to 43 points when the whole team is working, or would you rather he try to be Peyton & give away the game?

Daravenator
01-13-2013, 11:16 AM
The problem with Flacco, is that guy who showed up yesterday doesn't always show up.

Next week, with the Noise at Reliant & the Bulls on Parade, he's going to look like a mistake prone rookie & the debate will be renewed.

I'll take the "problem" of wins in five straight playoffs and three AFCC's any day of the week.

handswarmer
01-13-2013, 11:19 AM

Get the car out of the garage before you set a speed record on the highway

gafftop
01-13-2013, 01:49 PM
I know Matt doesn't read these boards, & he doesn't listen to the opinions espoused by the media.

But what if Matt is not playing his game, because he's trying to be more than he is? What if his "mistakes" are the result of him trying to "step up"

Would you rather not see that safe, conservative Matt who can "lead" us to 43 points when the whole team is working, or would you rather he try to be Peyton & give away the game?

Matt needs to be Matt.

handswarmer
01-13-2013, 02:12 PM
i'll take the "problem" of wins in five straight playoffs and three afcc's any day of the week.

yup

thunderkyss
01-13-2013, 02:47 PM
I'll take the "problem" of wins in five straight playoffs and three AFCC's any day of the week.

Let's not change the conversation, we're talking about your quarterback.

As a team, yes the Ravens have accomplished a lot with him, sometimes in spite of him.

next week, if you lose the AFCCG because bad Flacco shows up, are we going to be happy with your "little" problem?

MEGA SWATT
01-13-2013, 03:21 PM
Come on MS, have a great game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

handswarmer
01-13-2013, 03:26 PM
Let's not change the conversation, we're talking about your quarterback.

As a team, yes the Ravens have accomplished a lot with him, sometimes in spite of him.

next week, if you lose the AFCCG because bad Flacco shows up, are we going to be happy with your "little" problem?

Translation please?

MEGA SWATT
01-13-2013, 03:37 PM
lets go matt

handswarmer
01-13-2013, 04:24 PM
He's barely hanging in this game:koolaid:

panamamyers
01-13-2013, 04:28 PM
can we put him behind backups?

handswarmer
01-13-2013, 05:52 PM
Ranks pretty low after the INT

Gonna rank real high on the Golf course tomorrow

76Texan
01-13-2013, 05:53 PM
Ranks pretty low after the INT

Gonna rank real high on the Golf course tomorrow

It's real classy of you, you know that.

Good bye !

handswarmer
01-13-2013, 05:55 PM
It's real classy of you, you know that.

Good bye !

Honesty= telling the truth

Joe's better in the playoffs and it shows.

Schaub is a great fantasy QB in regular season....

76Texan
01-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Honesty= telling the truth

Joe's better in the playoffs and it shows.

Schaub is a great fantasy QB in regular season....

Obviously, you don't get it.
You don't go on another MB and kicked a guy when he's down.

The Texans fans can do it; but when you do, you're classless!

handswarmer
01-13-2013, 06:09 PM
Obviously, you don't get it.
You don't go on another MB and kicked a guy when he's down.

The Texans fans can do it; but when you do, you're classless!

You need a Waaambulance?

Kick him when he's down? Really? :mariopalm:

Classy like Watt spitting on the Patriots Logo?

I aspire to class like that....said myself never...

DX-TEX
01-13-2013, 06:13 PM
**** schaub. Id take flacco in a heartbeat

Hervoyel
01-13-2013, 06:47 PM
I think Schaub's limitations are on display today for all the world to see. Bad decision making is at the top of the list and the standout today. He opened the game throwing a strike to Casey that Casey (best hands on the team my ass!) just flat out dropped. Now do I blame Schaub for that? Absolutely not. That was all on Casey. Matt followed that up with a scared throw to a wide open AJ in the endzone that sailed almost up through the goal posts. That's the problem with Matt. Things go wrong and Matt spirals down the toilet. He has no resilience or ability to overcome adversity. He folds up and starts making stupid mistakes. Fumbling the ball when no one was near him because he can't remember not to hold it down by where his thighs are? ****ing idiot! A couple of times today he followed up great plays with just terrible brain farts. The guy is so inconsistent that anyone who depended on him to win games in this league should have their judgement questioned.

Schaub is last in my opinion among QB"s in the post season. I'd rather have just about everybody who was out there over Schaub. Some of them have warts but none of them are as consistently flustered and worthless as Matt.

gafftop
01-13-2013, 07:50 PM
Of 8 left this weekend
Brady
Rodgers
Manning
Kaepernick
Flacco
Ryan
Wilson MS

Matt played like Matt. I think the one that needs to be fired is whoever was responsible for signing him to an extension this season. There was nothing to gained by it. Just like keeping Mario and not trading him before the season. These two moves i think cripple/crippled this team. Hell at least Barwin didn't have the sense to sign. With our braintrust we may still sign him to a big contract who knows.

Just curious if you were taking QBs right now for the next 5 years how would you rank the QBs above including Luck, RGIII and any others. Top 8.

Vinny
01-13-2013, 07:54 PM
I think Schaub's limitations are on display today for all the world to see. Bad decision making is at the top of the list and the standout today. He opened the game throwing a strike to Casey that Casey (best hands on the team my ass!) just flat out dropped. Now do I blame Schaub for that? Absolutely not. That was all on Casey. Matt followed that up with a scared throw to a wide open AJ in the endzone that sailed almost up through the goal posts. That's the problem with Matt. Things go wrong and Matt spirals down the toilet. He has no resilience or ability to overcome adversity. He folds up and starts making stupid mistakes. Fumbling the ball when no one was near him because he can't remember not to hold it down by where his thighs are? ****ing idiot! A couple of times today he followed up great plays with just terrible brain farts. The guy is so inconsistent that anyone who depended on him to win games in this league should have their judgement questioned.

Schaub is last in my opinion among QB"s in the post season. I'd rather have just about everybody who was out there over Schaub. Some of them have warts but none of them are as consistently flustered and worthless as Matt. Kubiak just said (post game presser) that Schaub is one of the top QB's in the NFL. He also said he could win with Carr though...so take it with a grain.

Honoring Earl 34
01-13-2013, 08:01 PM
Kubiak just said (post game presser) that Schaub is one of the top QB's in the NFL. He also said he could win with Carr though...so take it with a grain.

It reminds me of the time Bum traded for Stabler .

thunderkyss
01-13-2013, 09:39 PM
Well, we know we're going to get Schaub back next season.

I think Matt will be in the play-offs again next year. Of the QBs that made it to the divisional round, how many of them do you think will make it this far again?

I think Schaub will be here
I think Flacco will be here
I think Brady will be here
I think Manning will be here.

Rey
01-13-2013, 09:47 PM
Well, we know we're going to get Schaub back next season.

I think Matt will be in the play-offs again next year. Of the QBs that made it to the divisional round, how many of them do you think will make it this far again?

I think Schaub will be here
I think Flacco will be here
I think Brady will be here
I think Manning will be here.

I'm bit sold on schaub being there or Flacco. I think Luck is going to be a lot better next year and it's going to be a battle again to win this division. I could see us being swept by the colts next season if they have a good off season.

And the ravens still have to contend with Pitt and cincy. If cincy puts it together they could be tough. And Pitt is still Pitt. They can rise up at anytime it seems like.

Brady and manning aren't in the toughest divisions so I see them as most likely to return.

thunderkyss
01-14-2013, 07:21 AM
I do.

I see us winning with Foster having a big day, the D having a big day, and Matt not turning the ball over.

Yeah, none of that stuff happened. None.

Jacoby Jones had a better day than all our receivers put together, including his drop. He stepped up.

The Pencil Neck
01-14-2013, 11:34 AM
Its all good dude- Joe payed like a champ today:koolaid:

Yep. Joe played great. Congrats.

Like I said earlier, Joe's problem is when he gets hit. He fell apart against us earlier in the season because we hit him a few times. I expected the Broncos to get to him yesterday but your line did a great job keeping Flacco clean.

With his arm, if you keep him clean and keep his mind right, he can play like he played Saturday.

Good luck going forward.

dream_team
01-14-2013, 12:16 PM
I'm surprised to see there are so many people in here willing to take Matt Ryan over Schaub. You guys do realize after 4 trips to the playoffs, Ryan finally won one yesterday? And it took a miracle comeback to win it.

handswarmer
01-14-2013, 02:06 PM
Yep. Joe played great. Congrats.

Like I said earlier, Joe's problem is when he gets hit. He fell apart against us earlier in the season because we hit him a few times. I expected the Broncos to get to him yesterday but your line did a great job keeping Flacco clean.

With his arm, if you keep him clean and keep his mind right, he can play like he played Saturday.

Good luck going forward.

McKinnie finally got out of Harbaugh's Doghouse to start at LT moving Oher back to RT (where he's better) and switching Osemele from RT to LG where he is better suited. Yanda's return was nice also.

Joe can take the hits- in the past his doubt was manufactured by Cameron who got fired in December. He is much better under Caldwell- we are seeing plays beng run that we didn't know were in the playbook.

Thanks for the well wishes

handswarmer
01-14-2013, 02:10 PM

You are foolish to not give Flacco his due; There weren't 4-5 Megatron's out there catching balls from a JUGGS machine...

Schaub can't step up unless everything is perfect-and his supporting cast is AJ and Arian; thats it....

handswarmer
01-14-2013, 03:56 PM
30 of 57 52.6% 613yds 5TDs 0INT 120.0 Rating

handswarmer
01-21-2013, 10:52 AM
"No NFL quarterback not Brady, not Manning has more than Flacco's 62 victories, including the postseason, since the start of the 2008 season. No NFL quarterback has more than his six postseason wins on the road. And no other quarterback has a postseason victory in each of his first five seasons during the Super Bowl era."

Schaub over Flacco? Nevermore sayeth the Raven

klockWork
01-21-2013, 11:01 AM
"No NFL quarterback — not Brady, not Manning — has more than Flacco's 62 victories, including the postseason, since the start of the 2008 season. No NFL quarterback has more than his six postseason wins on the road. And no other quarterback has a postseason victory in each of his first five seasons during the Super Bowl era."

You will never convince folks here that Flacco is a better QB than Schaub. They clearly values individual stats over playoff wins. And Flacco will be unfairly penalized for playing with great defensive team.

Texecutioner
01-21-2013, 11:28 AM
You will never convince folks here that Flacco is a better QB than Schaub. They clearly values individual stats over playoff wins. And Flacco will be unfairly penalized for playing with great defensive team.

This post makes absolutely no sense with the way you tried to misuse facts and also with what you tried to paint people's opinions of Schaub and of Flacco.

First off, how about putting "real facts" into perspective here. How many years has Flacco had a shot in the playoffs as oppose to Schaub?? Flacco came into this league with a top 3 defense to play with year after year. Flacco's defense carried his team for years and the main reason why they didn't see a SB at least twice in the playoffs was because Pittsburgh had Big Ben and the Ravens had Flacco. That was the difference between those two teams and those match ups. Flacco has had a lot more playoff failures then Schaub has when you consider the teams that Flacco played on compared to Schaub. Schaub's only played in one playoff and you're comparing that?? He won a game and then lost to a better team.

Flacco made a great post season run this season. Kudos to him for that. He played pretty well last season in the playoffs as well, but barely fell short. I think most people would easily agree that Flacco has surpassed Schaub this season and especially with his post season run, but to act like Flacco's post season greatness over his entire career has been some huge factor and stats are not at all, is being as disengenious as you possibly can be.

And put a poll up about who thinks Schaub is better then Flacco, and I'll bet you anything you want that the over whelming majority of this site will vote for Flacco. So please stop with the hyperbole.

handswarmer
01-21-2013, 11:40 AM
This post makes absolutely no sense with the way you tried to misuse facts and also with what you tried to paint people's opinions of Schaub and of Flacco.

First off, how about putting "real facts" into perspective here. How many years has Flacco had a shot in the playoffs as oppose to Schaub?? Flacco came into this league with a top 3 defense to play with year after year. Flacco's defense carried his team for years and the main reason why they didn't see a SB at least twice in the playoffs was because Pittsburgh had Big Ben and the Ravens had Flacco. That was the difference between those two teams and those match ups. Flacco has had a lot more playoff failures then Schaub has when you consider the teams that Flacco played on compared to Schaub. Schaub's only played in one playoff and you're comparing that?? He won a game and then lost to a better team.

Flacco made a great post season run this season. Kudos to him for that. He played pretty well last season in the playoffs as well, but barely fell short. I think most people would easily agree that Flacco has surpassed Schaub this season and especially with his post season run, but to act like Flacco's post season greatness over his entire career has been some huge factor and stats are not at all, is being as disengenious as you possibly can be.

And put a poll up about who thinks Schaub is better then Flacco, and I'll bet you anything you want that the over whelming majority of this site will vote for Flacco. So please stop with the hyperbole.

What do the stats get you?

DX-TEX
01-21-2013, 11:47 AM

Rightb he didnt have to convince me, Schaub did.

Flacco>>>>>>Matt Kubischaub

dream_team
01-21-2013, 11:54 AM
"No NFL quarterback not Brady, not Manning has more than Flacco's 62 victories, including the postseason, since the start of the 2008 season. No NFL quarterback has more than his six postseason wins on the road. And no other quarterback has a postseason victory in each of his first five seasons during the Super Bowl era."

So are you claiming Flacco is better than Brady, Manning, Brees, and Rodgers as well? I don't quite get the point of that stat? Last I checked, football was a team sport.

handswarmer
01-21-2013, 12:07 PM
So are you claiming Flacco is better than Brady, Manning, Brees, and Rodgers as well? I don't quite get the point of that stat? Last I checked, football was a team sport.

res ipsa loquitur

Thorn
01-21-2013, 12:10 PM
blah blah blah let's wait and see who wins the super bowl.

hint: it won't be the Texans and Schaub.

thunderkyss
01-21-2013, 12:15 PM

If you look, I think the majority opinion here is that Flacco is better than Schaub. You're not alone thinking Schaub is part, a big part, of our problem. Start a poll, I bet Flacco would win right now.

gafftop
01-21-2013, 08:56 PM
Flacco. Matt just too limited physically in every area. Also I am really beginning to wonder why GK gives little leeway in allowing Ms to read D and change play.

Is it just me or does it seem that MS takes a long time to get rid of the ball and then it goes really slow. Can anyone put Ms vs another QB releasing the ball so that each starts at same time. If so pick a 30 yard pass so we can see comparison. Also how quickly ball arrives to target. Maybe already done on a website.

Scooter
01-22-2013, 04:00 AM
this thread is awesome. flacco has been in the league 5 years with middling stats despite a top 5 defense and bigtime run game each year (and two major receivers). he proclaimed himself "elite" and the whole world laughed. he's gotten no less than 2 coordinators fired for trying to give him a reasonable workload. schaub finally gets a defense and beats the ravens by 30 points, and has a better regular season.

the ravens defense holds brady to 13 points and flacco is suddenly a top 5 quarterback. oh and schaub also put up 28 points on the patriots ... only it didnt matter against their 41. schaub also beat the broncos in denver, as well as the colts at home.

i've got as many problems with schaub as any rational fan, but this joe flacco stuff is getting out of hand.

gafftop
01-22-2013, 07:26 AM
this thread is awesome. flacco has been in the league 5 years with middling stats despite a top 5 defense and bigtime run game each year (and two major receivers). he proclaimed himself "elite" and the whole world laughed. he's gotten no less than 2 coordinators fired for trying to give him a reasonable workload. schaub finally gets a defense and beats the ravens by 30 points, and has a better regular season.

the ravens defense holds brady to 13 points and flacco is suddenly a top 5 quarterback. oh and schaub also put up 28 points on the patriots ... only it didnt matter against their 41. schaub also beat the broncos in denver, as well as the colts at home.

i've got as many problems with schaub as any rational fan, but this joe flacco stuff is getting out of hand.

I never said Flacco elite I am just choosing Flacco over MS. Pretty easy choice in my book.

amazing80
01-22-2013, 07:42 AM

Really? You're gonna consider those points "schaubs"? He did absolutely NOTHING until the 4th quarter when we were down by 21 points, thats called garbage time.

Scooter
01-22-2013, 08:01 AM
really? You're gonna consider those points "schaubs"? He did absolutely nothing until the 4th quarter when we were down by 21 points, thats called garbage time.

41 - 28
13 - 28

amazing80
01-22-2013, 08:06 AM
41 - 28
13 - 28

I don't think anyone here disagrees with that about the defense, but to say Schaub did anything of relevence in that game is foolish

Scooter
01-22-2013, 08:08 AM
Matt Schaub ..... 34/51 ...... 343 ...... 2 ...... 1
Joe Flacco ........ 21/36 ...... 240 ...... 3 ...... 0

amazing80
01-22-2013, 08:16 AM

Did you watch the game or are you stat scouting? Because anyone who watched the game will tell you Schaub was a joke and did nothing to help our offense.

Now whether you feel its Schaub (like me) or its the pieces around him (like texicutioner) thats another debate.

Scooter
01-22-2013, 08:16 AM
I don't think anyone here disagrees with that about the defense, but to say Schaub did anything of relevence in that game is foolish

unless he dropped a 50 burger, the mere mention of our offense is foolish.

Scooter
01-22-2013, 08:21 AM
Did you watch the game or are you stat scouting? Because anyone who watched the game will tell you Schaub was a joke and did nothing to help our offense.

Now whether you feel its Schaub (like me) or its the pieces around him (like texicutioner) thats another debate.

watched the game twice, and didnt like much that i saw. there was plenty to put on kubiak, schaub, the offensive line, and the organization in general. but my whining ends at "we gave up 41 points". schaub has never lost a game where the defense has allowed less than 20 points (ravens tagged at 13). what happens if we hold brady to 19 instead of 41? we match up insanely well against the ravens ... if we win that one does it make schaub a top 5 quarterback instead of flacco?

handswarmer
01-22-2013, 08:22 AM
this thread is awesome. flacco has been in the league 5 years with middling stats despite a top 5 defense and bigtime run game each year (and two major receivers). .

Middling Stats? Oh, he didn't throw for 5000 yds and sit at home each year?
He didn't have a Top 5 Defense this year- they were 17th overall. Schaubs Defense was at 7th Overall.
Run Game was 11th- Houston was at 8th
His "Two Major recievers" were ranked 32nd and 44th...Torrey Smith was 76th...I believe AJ was 4th???

he proclaimed himself "elite" and the whole world laughed. he's gotten no less than 2 coordinators fired for trying to give him a reasonable workload. schaub finally gets a defense and beats the ravens by 30 points, and has a better regular season.

Prclaims himself elite? You should read the interview- If you don't think your the best player on the field, then you are beaten before the first snap.

And which other Coordinator did he get fired? Cam Camron started with the Ravens in 08- same year Joe was drafted. Cam was hired by Billick then Billick got fired. Harbaugh inherited Cam. Cam got himself fired with his controlling attitude- he LIMITED Flacco, not gave him a reasonable workload.

Texans win a game in which everyone played like crap and Schaub has all these stats- what dod that get them?

It is a team game- Ravens Defense always plays Brady and Pats tough- Brady has his worst % vs any one team in the Ravens. Flacco put up 28 when the game was even- Schaub put up most of his when the game was already decided.

You should watch a little more of him play- it will become very clear.

handswarmer
01-22-2013, 08:23 AM

Lemme guess, you are in like 7-8 Fantasy Football leagues......

amazing80
01-22-2013, 08:31 AM
watched the game twice, and didnt like much that i saw. there was plenty to put on kubiak, schaub, the offensive line, and the organization in general. but my whining ends at "we gave up 41 points". schaub has never lost a game where the defense has allowed less than 20 points (ravens tagged at 13). what happens if we hold brady to 19 instead of 41? we match up insanely well against the ravens ... if we win that one does it make schaub a top 5 quarterback instead of flacco?

So our defense needs to be the best overall in points allowed in order for Schaub to be "good enough"...never gonna happen, he needs to sack up and carry us once in awhile

Scooter
01-22-2013, 08:32 AM
Really? You're gonna consider those points "schaubs"? He did absolutely NOTHING until the 4th quarter when we were down by 21 points, thats called garbage time.

14 of baltimore's 28 points came with less than 12 minutes left ... 21 came with 21 minutes left.

houston scored 13 in the first half. houston scored 15 with 12 minutes left.

Scooter
01-22-2013, 08:34 AM
So our defense needs to be the best overall in points allowed in order for Schaub to be "good enough"...never gonna happen, he needs to sack up and carry us once in awhile

if "sack up and carry us once in a while" means scoring 28 points against the patriots, beating denver in denver, and the colts at home ... yup.

amazing80
01-22-2013, 08:34 AM
14 of baltimore's 28 points came with less than 12 minutes left ... 21 came with 21 minutes left.

Yea, was Baltimore down 21 points when they scored in those last 12 minutes or was it a close game that Flacco grabbed hold of and won? Big difference....

handswarmer
01-22-2013, 08:45 AM

Say what?

4th Quarter
Baltimore Ravens continues ...
1-3-NE 3 (15:00) 5-J.Flacco pass short middle to 81-A.Boldin for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Baltimore Ravens at 12:46
1-10-NE 47 (12:46) (Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass deep left to 82-T.Smith to NE 31 for 16 yards (24-K.Arrington).
1-10-NE 31 (12:18) (No Huddle) 5-J.Flacco scrambles left end ran ob at NE 17 for 14 yards.
1-10-NE 17 (11:54) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass short middle to 12-J.Jones to NE 11 for 6 yards (55-B.Spikes).
2-4-NE 11 (11:19) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass short right to 81-A.Boldin for 11 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Not sure what your point is here.....

amazing80
01-22-2013, 08:51 AM
if "sack up and carry us once in a while" means scoring 28 points against the patriots, beating denver in denver, and the colts at home ... yup.

I will give you (weakly, as Denver was a completely different team week 3 and our run game dominated as well) the Denver win, but 28 points vs the Pats isn't impressive, they had an easy schedule and took advantage of crap teams. Ill admit our defense was terrible both times we played them. But that doesn't mean Schaub did good, those points were so skewed its ridiculous you even posted them.

amazing80
01-22-2013, 08:52 AM
Joe Flacco in the post season this year, 8 tds 0 picks....he is becoming clutch

Scooter
01-22-2013, 08:52 AM
Middling Stats? Oh, he didn't throw for 5000 yds and sit at home each year?
He didn't have a Top 5 Defense this year- they were 17th overall. Schaubs Defense was at 7th Overall.
Run Game was 11th- Houston was at 8th
His "Two Major recievers" were ranked 32nd and 44th...Torrey Smith was 76th...I believe AJ was 4th???

Prclaims himself elite? You should read the interview- If you don't think your the best player on the field, then you are beaten before the first snap.

And which other Coordinator did he get fired? Cam Camron started with the Ravens in 08- same year Joe was drafted. Cam was hired by Billick then Billick got fired. Harbaugh inherited Cam. Cam got himself fired with his controlling attitude- he LIMITED Flacco, not gave him a reasonable workload.

my bad. 17th ... the ravens defense is worse than average, and an obvious cake walk in the playoffs. the run game is barely above-par ... i mock the ravens drafting a running back this year to replace that what's his name who's holding their run game back. as for their receivers, i wouldnt want them on my team - even the ravens fans think they're scrubs. it's not as if their #2 receiver has more touchdowns than the texans receivers combined.

to the public, cam got fired for not giving the ball to ray rice every down - instead asking flacco to carry the load. i dont even recall this year's OC, but the same thing is perception ... he tried to install a hurry up offense to give flacco more control and it bombed quickly. basically the same applied in both cases. ray rice wins games, only give flacco what is necessary. and quit getting butthurt about it, we do the same with foster and schaub.

amazing80
01-22-2013, 08:54 AM
my bad. 17th ... the ravens defense is worse than average, and an obvious cake walk in the playoffs. the run game is barely above-par ... i mock the ravens drafting a running back this year to replace that what's his name who's holding their run game back. as for their receivers, i wouldnt want them on my team - even the ravens fans think they're scrubs. it's not as if their #2 receiver has more touchdowns than the texans receivers combined.

to the public, cam got fired for not giving the ball to ray rice every down - instead asking flacco to carry the load. i dont even recall this year's OC, but the same thing is perception ... he tried to install a hurry up offense to give flacco more control and it bombed quickly. basically the same applied in both cases. ray rice wins games, only give flacco what is necessary. and quit getting butthurt about it, we do the same with foster and schaub.

And yet one tandem is in the super bowl and one isnt

handswarmer
01-22-2013, 09:04 AM

I'm not butthurt about your obvious ignorance of how things in Baltimore transpire; you are a Texans fan- you shouldn't have any idea of how things transpire here in Baltimore. The very fact that you are continuing to stub your toe in trying to explain what transpired with the Ravens is a direct result of your anger towards all things ravens. You have a perception, poor though it is, of what the Ravens are all about, but in reality it is misguided and false.

Scooter
01-22-2013, 09:09 AM
I'm not butthurt about your obvious ignorance of how things in Baltimore transpire; you are a Texans fan- you shouldn't have any idea of how things transpire here in Baltimore. The very fact that you are continuing to stub your toe in trying to explain what transpired with the Ravens is a direct result of your anger towards all things ravens. You have a perception, poor though it is, of what the Ravens are all about, but in reality it is misguided and false.

actually i'm a fairly big baltimore fan, and required quite a bit of help from my girlfriend to get decked out in purple this weekend. mom spent several years working in baltimore recently and we've made great friends in the area. you're taking offense to what i perceive as truth in comparison towards the current texans' state of affairs - as well as national perception towards your organization.

handswarmer
01-22-2013, 09:12 AM
actually i'm a fairly big baltimore fan, and required quite a bit of help from my girlfriend to get decked out in purple this weekend. mom spent several years working in baltimore recently and we've made great friends in the area. you're taking offense to what i perceive as truth in comparison towards the current texans' state of affairs - as well as national perception towards your organization.

I take offense to nothing- except for when the truth is ignored or mis-represented

Scooter
01-22-2013, 09:14 AM
And yet one tandem is in the super bowl and one isnt

neither is the team that kicked our butts, with the best qb and head coach ever - compared (for example) to the team we beat by 30 earlier this season.

Scooter
01-22-2013, 09:29 AM
I take offense to nothing- except for when the truth is ignored or mis-represented

truth - this is the first year since 2008 that the ravens have ranked worse than 3rd in points allowed. ray rice has average 1266 yards rushing since 2009, but flacco has topped out at 3800 yards. by rights yall should've been unstoppable once torrey smith showed up, instead of taking 3 years to find that groove. schaub went 15-1 when his defense was on point. once cushing got hurt however, we went on a defensive crash - forcing him into shootouts with losers such as the lions and jaguars. how did flacco do with a shootout against a team putting up 40+ ... like the texans?

handswarmer
01-22-2013, 03:52 PM
truth - this is the first year since 2008 that the ravens have ranked worse than 3rd in points allowed. ray rice has average 1266 yards rushing since 2009, but flacco has topped out at 3800 yards. by rights yall should've been unstoppable once torrey smith showed up, instead of taking 3 years to find that groove. schaub went 15-1 when his defense was on point. once cushing got hurt however, we went on a defensive crash - forcing him into shootouts with losers such as the lions and jaguars. how did flacco do with a shootout against a team putting up 40+ ... like the texans?

Ravens don't play in any shootouts really...

Texcore
01-22-2013, 10:13 PM

Dude, at the end of the day, the Ravens are in the Super Bowl and we exited in the 2nd round. Shaub sucks and Flacco is a significantly better QB than him. No amount of self serving comments can change that or make us feel better. Just give them their props already and quit being sore.

Scooter
01-23-2013, 06:32 AM
yeah my bad, i'd had a few bourbons and felt like being disagreeable. :truck:

thunderkyss
01-23-2013, 07:13 AM
Dude, at the end of the day, the Ravens are in the Super Bowl and we exited in the 2nd round. Shaub sucks and Flacco is a significantly better QB than him.

I agree that Flacco has played better in the play offs than Schaub. I'll agree that Flacco right now, is a better QB than Schaub.

I do not agree that Flacco is a better QB than Schaub because he is in the Super Bowl & Matt exited in the second round. Peyton Manning & Aaron Rogers both exited in the second round and are both better QBs than Joe Flacco.

I don't think Schaub sucks. Blaine Gabbert sucks, John Skelton sucks. Mark Sanchez sucks. But I don't think Schaub is the best type of QB for this team. Matt Schaub is not the kind of QB I want leading my team. But I don't think Matt Schaub sucks.

TejasTom
01-23-2013, 07:52 AM
...Is it just me or does it seem that MS takes a long time to get rid of the ball and then it goes really slow. Can anyone put Ms vs another QB releasing the ball so that each starts at same time. If so pick a 30 yard pass so we can see comparison. Also how quickly ball arrives to target. Maybe already done on a website.

I'm sure his tempo makes him a great golfer, he looks like he is lining up a putt on the final hole of the Master's.

His thoughts might go something like this:
These guys are getting close.
Dre is open.
Do I have enough room to throw?
Has the defender gotten closer to Dre?
I wonder what camera angle NBC is using right now? Is it on me or Dre?
I miss the roof being open, does everyone know I married a cheerleader?
Dre is a great receiver...is there still enough room to throw?
Are my feet set, I guess he'll have to come back and get this one....
He throws.

Flacco's thoughts.
Boldin is covered in the end zone.
I'll put it up high, "go get it"
He throws.

handswarmer
01-23-2013, 08:00 AM
:handshake::handshake:yeah my bad, i'd had a few bourbons and felt like being disagreeable. :truck:

Texcore
01-23-2013, 02:14 PM
I agree that Flacco has played better in the play offs than Schaub. I'll agree that Flacco right now, is a better QB than Schaub.

I do not agree that Flacco is a better QB than Schaub because he is in the Super Bowl & Matt exited in the second round. Peyton Manning & Aaron Rogers both exited in the second round and are both better QBs than Joe Flacco.

I don't think Schaub sucks. Blaine Gabbert sucks, John Skelton sucks. Mark Sanchez sucks. But I don't think Schaub is the best type of QB for this team. Matt Schaub is not the kind of QB I want leading my team. But I don't think Matt Schaub sucks.

He does suck. And this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Flacco is in the SB. I've always thought he was a better QB. You'd be hard pressed to find any football guy outside of Kubiak who thinks the opposite. He has a better skill set than Shaub and bigger balls I might add as it pertains to throwing the ball downfield.To think otherwise is being a homer dude, sorry to say. Schaub is a bus driver for us. He cannot be called upon to win games for us, like Flacco has. We are better playing with a lead, leaning of Foster, and asking Matt to manage the game, not win the game. He is incapable of carrying this team on his back the way better QBs in this league can.

Dread-Head
01-23-2013, 02:41 PM

:thinking: are you saying #1 because he pissed away so many golden opportunities? Hey Schlaub...thanks for the "golden shower" ...ya bum.

dream_team
01-23-2013, 05:49 PM
He does suck. And this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Flacco is in the SB. I've always thought he was a better QB. You'd be hard pressed to find any football guy outside of Kubiak who thinks the opposite. He has a better skill set than Shaub and bigger balls I might add as it pertains to throwing the ball downfield.To think otherwise is being a homer dude, sorry to say. Schaub is a bus driver for us. He cannot be called upon to win games for us, like Flacco has. We are better playing with a lead, leaning of Foster, and asking Matt to manage the game, not win the game. He is incapable of carrying this team on his back the way better QBs in this league can.

Schaub is in the pro-bowl this year, Flacco is not. So I'd say there are alot of football people out there that think Schaub is better than Flacco.

Texcore
01-23-2013, 07:12 PM
Schaub is in the pro-bowl this year, Flacco is not. So I'd say there are alot of football people out there that think Schaub is better than Flacco.

LMAO, that is your "argument" As a replacement, yeah. But who cares, I'd rather have my team in the SB than have a replacement "pro-bowl" QB.

But here is the finer point. Flacco has been to 5 straight playoffs, Shaub 1. Flacco has an 8-4 playoff record(6 wins on the road). Shaub 1-1. And Flacco plays bigger in big games, while Shaub shrinks in big games.

Its an absolute joke to think Schaub is better than Flacco...an absolute joke.

ATXtexanfan
01-23-2013, 07:17 PM

woah dude, give me your keys. for real

BullBlitz
01-23-2013, 07:29 PM
I'm surprised to see there are so many people in here willing to take Matt Ryan over Schaub. You guys do realize after 4 trips to the playoffs, Ryan finally won one yesterday? And it took a miracle comeback to win it.

You do realize that in his 5 years in the NFL, that Ryan got his team to playoffs 4 times?

In his 6 years here, Schaub whiffed it for the first 4 years, then finally got the Texans there twice. And it took a miracle by TJ Yates to clinch the first one.

dream_team
01-23-2013, 07:54 PM
LMAO, that is your "argument" As a replacement, yeah. But who cares, I'd rather have my team in the SB than have a replacement "pro-bowl" QB.

But here is the finer point. Flacco has been to 5 straight playoffs, Shaub 1. Flacco has an 8-4 playoff record(6 wins on the road). Shaub 1-1. And Flacco plays bigger in big games, while Shaub shrinks in big games.

Its an absolute joke to think Schaub is better than Flacco...an absolute joke.

woah dude, give me your keys. for real

Re-read my post. I did not state any opinions, I did not say Schaub is better than Flacco. I simply stated a fact in response to the statement "You'd be hard pressed to find any football guy outside of Kubiak who thinks the opposite."

The fact that Schaub got voted into the Pro-Bowl, over Flacco, shows that more "football people" do think Schaub was better than Flacco this season.

I did not state my opinion, just a fact, that there are alot of football people outside of Kubiak who thinks Schaub is better than Flacco.

dream_team
01-23-2013, 07:55 PM
You do realize that in his 5 years in the NFL, that Ryan got his team to playoffs 4 times?

In his 6 years here, Schaub whiffed it for the first 4 years, then finally got the Texans there twice. And it took a miracle by TJ Yates to clinch the first one.

Schaub can get our current team in the playoffs, I don't think there's any arguing this. We need a QB that can get us to the next level (the SB). Matt Ryan hasn't proven he can do this.

BullBlitz
01-23-2013, 08:05 PM
Schaub can get our current team in the playoffs, I don't think there's any arguing this. We need a QB that can get us to the next level (the SB). Matt Ryan hasn't proven he can do this.

Of course there's no arguing that. He just did it.

But Schaub has failed to get us to a Conferenece Championship game at all...

Ryan has at least gotten his team to that point.

ATXtexanfan
01-23-2013, 08:27 PM
Re-read my post. I did not state any opinions, I did not say Schaub is better than Flacco. I simply stated a fact in response to the statement "You'd be hard pressed to find any football guy outside of Kubiak who thinks the opposite."

The fact that Schaub got voted into the Pro-Bowl, over Flacco, shows that more "football people" do think Schaub was better than Flacco this season.

I did not state my opinion, just a fact, that there are alot of football people outside of Kubiak who thinks Schaub is better than Flacco.

VY was a probowl qb. Probowl is wack. Yeah I said it, VY was a probowl qb. Schaub was a probowl MVP. Where's that gotten us?

Texcore
01-23-2013, 08:52 PM

Don't back track your self serving comments. You are qualifying your statement that Shaub is better than Flacco by simply stating he made the pro-bowl because you responded to my analysis that Flacco is better and Schaub is a bus driver type QB.

By the way, pro-bowl voting is largely fan voting, starts MID SEASON and ends in November, and it is well documented that players and coaches don't really care because they have to vote for players on the opposite side of the ball only.

But back to the main point. Flacco tore through these last 3 playoff games to a tune of 853 yards, 8 TDs, 0 INTs, 115 QB rating.....he carried his team, making huge plays down field. Something Schaub can't do.

dream_team
01-23-2013, 08:54 PM
VY was a probowl qb. Probowl is wack. Yeah I said it, VY was a probowl qb. Schaub was a probowl MVP. Where's that gotten us?

I agree with you there, the probowl is whack! But it doesn't change the fact... when football players and coaches were asked to pick a QB, there were more votes for Schaub rather than Flacco. So yes, there are alot of "football people" who prefer Schaub.

You can't even blame this on dumb fans, because it looks like Schaub was 5th in fan voting.

Texcore
01-23-2013, 08:57 PM

VY actually made it twice...what does that tell you!

But like I said I'd take making the SB on the arm of a very good QB, over my team having a replacement bus driving, PB QB and exiting in the 2nd round....

dream_team
01-23-2013, 09:02 PM
Don't back track your self serving comments. You are qualifying your statement that Shaub is better than Flacco by simply stating he made the pro-bowl because you responded to my analysis that Flacco is better and Schaub is a bus driver type QB.

By the way, pro-bowl voting is largely fan voting, starts MID SEASON and ends in November, and it is well documented that players and coaches don't really care because they have to vote for players on the opposite side of the ball only.

But back to the main point. Flacco tore through these last 3 playoff games to a tune of 853 yards, 8 TDs, 0 INTs, 115 QB rating.....he carried his team, making huge plays down field. Something Schaub can't do.

Once again... re-read my post. I did NOT say I think Schaub is better than Flacco. I can't change how you'll interpret my posts, so I may be wasting my time.

Also, pro-bowl voting is only 1/3rd fan voting, so it is NOT largely fan voting. Plus, if you see in my previous post, it looks like Schaub was 5th in fan voting. So he did not get some type of overwhelming response from the fans.

These are the facts... the NFL asked players & coaches to pick a QB to represent the AFC in the pro-bowl. More often than not, they chose Schaub over Flacco.

Once again, no opinions... just facts.

Texcore
01-23-2013, 09:02 PM

That right there is proof enough that Schaub can't carry a team. He tried and failed. It wasn't until we built a good defense up and a powerful running game that Schaub made it, only as a bus driver mind you. We don't win games because of Schaub, we win because of Foster and the defense.

We are just wasting time with Schaub at QB, and it pisses me right off that he is holding us back...

Texan_Bill
01-23-2013, 09:13 PM

Stats = losers.... Just sayin'!!!

Texan_Bill
01-23-2013, 09:19 PM

That said, it's apples to oranges. Flacco took over an already pretty good team, defensively and otherwise. Schaub took over shyte...

My point is this.... While Flacco doesn't suck as much as he is percieved to, he's nothing special either.

Texan_Bill
01-23-2013, 09:24 PM
That right there is proof enough that Schaub can't carry a team. He tried and failed. It wasn't until we built a good defense up and a powerful running game that Schaub made it, only as a bus driver mind you. We don't win games because of Schaub, we win because of Foster and the defense.

We are just wasting time with Schaub at QB, and it pisses me right off that he is holding us back...

Alright, the bolded is within my top 10 or 15 dumbest posts ever on this board!!

(2nd bolded part) Deal with it because you're stuck with it for the next couple of years. Damnit!!! :gun: TJ Yates is such a better option.. My bad!!

ATXtexanfan
01-23-2013, 10:19 PM
That said, it's apples to oranges. Flacco took over an already pretty good team, defensively and otherwise. Schaub took over shyte...

My point is this.... While Flacco doesn't suck as much as he is percieved to, he's nothing special either.

Schaub on ravens = no superbowl. Flacco can throw ball thirty yards farther than schaub. Nothing special. Ask Denver and new England. Schaub beat the Bengals and so did Yates. By the way. Schaub has no important victories. Flacco had six on the road in the playoffs. Name a big win by schaub? Name a win when the Texans weren't favored. Dude your love affair for schaub and kubiak makes McClain jealous.

Texcore
01-24-2013, 09:24 AM
Alright, the bolded is within my top 10 or 15 dumbest posts ever on this board!!

(2nd bolded part) Deal with it because you're stuck with it for the next couple of years. Damnit!!! :gun: TJ Yates is such a better option.. My bad!!

And that is your retort to stated facts?

Get over your manlove for Schaub dude...it makes you look foolish!

Texcore
01-24-2013, 09:28 AM
Once again... re-read my post. I did NOT say I think Schaub is better than Flacco. I can't change how you'll interpret my posts, so I may be wasting my time.

Also, pro-bowl voting is only 1/3rd fan voting, so it is NOT largely fan voting. Plus, if you see in my previous post, it looks like Schaub was 5th in fan voting. So he did not get some type of overwhelming response from the fans.

These are the facts... the NFL asked players & coaches to pick a QB to represent the AFC in the pro-bowl. More often than not, they chose Schaub over Flacco.

Once again, no opinions... just facts.

Seriously dude, nobody cares about the probowl.

And again you skip over the most important facts of all. Why don't you address these......PRODUCTION and BIG WINS. Flacco has quite a few, Shaub none.

bOODRO87
01-24-2013, 10:03 AM
For my first post on TT... (I'm usually posting on the other board)

Flacco has clearly separated any comparison with Schaub after this post season. Flacco performed well when the games got bigger.

Here's Schaub's QBR in our "big" games.

Greenbay - 37.9
Chicago - 18.5
1st NE game - 19.1

Now let's jump to our TWO chances to clinch HFA with our franchise QB healthy as can be.

Minnesota - 46.2
Indy - 37.1

Post season QBR average comes out to 62 even with an INT in each game.

He sure does rise to the occasion, doesn't he?

thunderkyss
01-24-2013, 11:19 AM

Since Tom Brady will be sitting at home watching Flacco in the Super Bowl, does that mean that Brady's better days are behind him? That he was a better QB at one time, but now he can't "carry his team"

Is Flacco better than Big Ben? If you had to choose one or the other to start a new team, are you telling me you would pick Flacco?

Is Flacco better than Rogers? Same thing, you're going to start your team, have to choose Flacco or Rogers... who you taking?

Flacco getting to the Super Bowl does not prove anything about his ability as a QB. It proves he is on the better team. It proves that his team was able to stop the Patriots from scoring enough points to win the game...... that's it.

Flacco is not better than Romo, not better than Bradford or Stafford, not better than Rogers, Brees, Brady.... he's on a better team.

Flacco may very well be better than Schaub, but being in the Super Bowl is no more proof of that than it is proof that Jacoby is a better receiver than Andre Johnson.

Ray Rice is not better than Arian.

thunderkyss
01-24-2013, 11:24 AM
For my first post on TT... (I'm usually posting on the other board)

Flacco has clearly separated any comparison with Schaub after this post season. Flacco performed well when the games got bigger.

Here's Schaub's QBR in our "big" games.

Greenbay - 37.9
Chicago - 18.5
1st NE game - 19.1

Now let's jump to our TWO chances to clinch HFA with our franchise QB healthy as can be.

Minnesota - 46.2
Indy - 37.1

Post season QBR average comes out to 62 even with an INT in each game.

He sure does rise to the occasion, doesn't he?

I'd love for the Ravens to win the Super Bowl.

But I don't think Joe Flacco will be rising to the occasion if Ray Rice is shut down. Remember, during the regular season, they fired their OC for not giving the ball to Ray Rice & trusting Flacco to deliver Ws.

I don't think Flacco will be rising to the occasion if that defense didn't hold the Patriots to 13 points.

Flacco vs Brady... something is wrong, if you're picking Flacco out of that matchup & that's what you're saying if we're talking about Ravens' wins being on Flacco's sholders.

bOODRO87
01-24-2013, 11:43 AM
8 TDs and zero INT in this post season does not lie. Did you see the throws he made against Denver and NE? Deep bombs, tight windows, etc. Very impressive. He earned his new contract, undoubtedly.

dream_team
01-24-2013, 12:05 PM
Seriously dude, nobody cares about the probowl.

And again you skip over the most important facts of all. Why don't you address these......PRODUCTION and BIG WINS. Flacco has quite a few, Shaub none.

This is my last time I'm responding to you, because you are clearly misinterpreting my post. I did NOT state Schaub is better than Flacco. I'm not trying to make that argument. You said that it would be hard to find football people outside of Kubiak that think Schaub is better than Flacco. I simply pointed out that the probowl voting contradicts that statement.

The end.

thunderkyss
01-24-2013, 12:39 PM
This is my last time I'm responding to you, because you are clearly misinterpreting my post. I did NOT state Schaub is better than Flacco. I'm not trying to make that argument. You said that it would be hard to find football people outside of Kubiak that think Schaub is better than Flacco. I simply pointed out that the probowl voting contradicts that statement.

The end.

I hear ya.....