PDA

View Full Version : Andy Reid hired as Chiefs HC, GM Scott Pioli Out

IDEXAN
01-04-2013, 12:01 PM
The Chiefs have reached a contract agreement with Andy Reid to be their next head coach, according to a source close to the situation. The Chiefs were preparing to announce the signing later today.

Reid was scheduled to arrive in Kansas City today.

The Chiefs havenít settled on a new general manager to replace Scott Pioli, but the most likely candidate is John Dorsey, Green Bayís director of college scouting.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/01/04/3994615/reid-to-be-chiefs-new-coach.html#storylink=cpy
http://www.kansascity.com/2013/01/04/3994615/reid-to-be-chiefs-new-coach.html

b0ng
01-04-2013, 12:03 PM
Real talk: Does he try to bring over Vick?

Playoffs
01-04-2013, 12:07 PM
Chiefs will get better in a hurry. Because of both moves.

Jamal Charles may be the new #1 fantasy football pick next year.

Real talk: Does he try to bring over Vick?Doubt it. I expect they'll try to draft their franchise QB in a few months.

Mr teX
01-04-2013, 12:11 PM
if he's smart, no..let sleeping dogs ly...besides, he already resurrected his career once, go ahead & roll with Cassel/quinn....draft your qb of the future to sit & watch this year.

b0ng
01-04-2013, 12:18 PM
KC is drafting Geno Smith then if he doesn't bring in Vick.

Errant Hothy
01-04-2013, 12:21 PM

Why? Reid had McCoy in Philly and didn't have a clue what to do with him.

If I'm a Chiefs fan I ain't liking this at all.

Playoffs
01-04-2013, 12:28 PM

Personally, I draft a QB in the 2nd or trade up for one. I don't see a team trading for their 1st, and I don't think there's a QB worthy of the #1 pick in this class.

Problem scenario for Chiefs is I can see them going 8-8 next year.

Be interesting to see who the new GM is.

thunderkyss
01-04-2013, 12:42 PM

Doubt it. I expect they'll try to draft their franchise QB in a few months.

I'm not a big fan of Andy Reid. What's he done without McNabb & Jjohnson (RIP)?

I did think he would get another run at HC though & thought he should have gone to Arizona. Keep that defensive staff together & fix the offense.

KC... I doubt they give him 3 years.

Mr teX
01-04-2013, 01:08 PM

Smith would look good in Reid's system.

gg no re
01-04-2013, 01:22 PM

I'd liken Charles, and possibly Dexter McCluster, to being Reid's new Brian Westbrook. I don't expect this to be bad news for the KC backs.

TexanSam
01-04-2013, 01:25 PM

McCoy had over 1600 yards in total offense in both 2010 and 2011. Had he stayed healthy he would have come close to that again this season.

Playoffs
01-04-2013, 02:13 PM
I like Reid a lot as a HC. There was some bizarro stuff going on in Philly with that meddling owner & paranoid young GM with questionable ideas (scouts not allowed to talk to coaches during training camp) and drafts.

I think the best people left: Joe Banner & Reid, and the worst are still there along with that generally pathetic O-Line.

Charles is a historic back. His career yards per carry is a massive 5.8. No back can touch that. Ever. Bo Jackson was 5.4, Jim Brown 5.2.

If Hunt hires a GM who can evaluate talent, KC fans will be in for a ride even in their now tough division, imo.

thunderkyss
01-04-2013, 03:11 PM
If Hunt hires a GM who can evaluate talent, KC fans will be in for a ride even in their now tough division, imo.

I don't question KC's talent. I question their defense. Remember how hard we criticized Gary for giving the DC job to his "friends" Smith & Bush? Reid made his OL coach his DC... I wonder how successful the Eagles would have been had Reid not given complete control of the defense to Jim Johnson.

In Arizona, he would have the option of keeping the defensive staff in place. Arizona has a good defense, just no offense & no QB. He'd be set up for "instant" success in Arizona.

Kansas City has a LB.

JCTexan
01-04-2013, 06:29 PM
Real talk: Does he try to bring over Vick?

I see a possible scenario playing out that could leave Vick in Philadelphia. If Philly hires Chip Kelly as their Head Coach, Vick could be the best QB to run his system (while they groom a Geno Smith caliber QB) for a year or two. If I'm Chip Kelly Philadelphia would be the top job on the market with Mccoy, Maclin, Jackson & Vick already there...

Wolf6151
01-05-2013, 07:49 AM
That's good for Andy Reid, glad to see he landed on his feet somewhere. As for Vick, I don't see him following Reid anywhere, that relationship is over.

Texan4Ever
01-05-2013, 11:40 AM

Doubt it. I expect they'll try to draft their franchise QB in a few months.

I did think he would get another run at HC though & thought he should have gone to Arizona. Keep that defensive staff together & fix the offense.

KC... I doubt they give him 3 years.

Charles is going to be underutilized as Reid prefers passing over rushing IMO which is going to suck for Charles as he's easily a top 5 back.

Reid hasn't done squat since McNabb declined and left, Jim Johnson passed away, etc etc. I don't like this move for the Chiefs but I hope it works out for them.

Wolf
01-05-2013, 11:55 AM
Last time the chiefs drafted a QB that started for the team, was Todd blackledge( draft class of 1983)

thunderkyss
01-05-2013, 02:00 PM
That's good for Andy Reid, glad to see he landed on his feet somewhere. As for Vick, I don't see him following Reid anywhere, that relationship is over.

Just heard something interesting on the radio.

Andy Reid who was 4-12 & no shot at the play-offs for the last two years already has a job.

Lovie Smith who was 10-6 & knocking on the door both years don't.

He said this is an offensive league right now & that's where owners see value.

Like I said, thought it was interesting.

thunderkyss
01-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Last time the chiefs drafted a QB that started for the team, was Todd blackledge( draft class of 1983)

I think that stat should be the last time a QB they drafted won a game. If I remember correctly, they drafted Tyler Thigpen who did start, but did not win.