PDA

View Full Version : Penalties

TimeKiller
12-30-2012, 04:00 PM
This is just killing me. Where's the discipline? It's not the refs, it's the players. Neutral zones, offsides, holding, blocking in the back, pass interference....you can't win games with this many yellow hankies on the ground. More than that, this is what, the 16th week in a row? . . . . where's the accountability?!

I bet we'll hear the "business as usual" post-game comments.

texanhead08
12-30-2012, 04:00 PM
I don't get whats so hard about watching the snap of the ball.

Big Lou
12-30-2012, 04:01 PM
This is just killing me. Where's the discipline? It's not the refs, it's the players. Neutral zones, offsides, holding, blocking in the back, pass interference....you can't win games with this many yellow hankies on the ground. More than that, this is what, the 16th week in a row? . . . . where's the accountability?!

I bet we'll hear the "business as usual" post-game comments.

The Texans were undisciplined, big time, but they got called for every last thing they could, while Indy got away with a ton.

TimeKiller
12-30-2012, 04:05 PM
The Texans were undisciplined, big time, but they got called for every last thing they could, while Indy got away with a ton.

That's beside the point. It isn't about the Colts. It won't be about whoever they play next. It's about the Texans getting a friggin handle on it.

CretorFrigg
12-30-2012, 04:08 PM
Elite teams overcome bad calls.

We're not elite. It's as simple as that.

TimeKiller
12-30-2012, 05:17 PM

Wasn't really aimed at those who pull the flags, more aimed at those who draw the flags. Elite teams don't need weekly reminders about the do's and don'ts associated with the line of scrimmage. The only thing elite teams "hold" is themselves accountable. Bull**** mental mistakes are the product of unfocused, untrained teams.

ziggy29
12-30-2012, 05:18 PM

The Texans overcame them in the first half of the season and they *did* look elite then. Since then, not elite, and penalties and turnovers will kill you.